Speaker 1: Laura, come on, here we go Monday afternoon. Hi, Hi, Hi, thanks to chemist wharehouse heading today great savings every day. I am still reeling after our robbed Laura last night on Dancing with the Stars. I'm pissed off.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't think I was robbed. I think I deserved the scores I got.
Speaker 1: Now, you've got terrible scores, Britt, you saw it.
Speaker 3: Sorry back, I got five's in a four.
Speaker 2: Can I be honest? Some people past university with those scores pretty.
Speaker 1: Much they You're not wrong, You're not wrong.
Speaker 3: Where's ether degrees?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Where did that place you at the end of the night in the leadership?
Speaker 2: Second last?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's our point.
Speaker 2: Second last.
Speaker 1: Baby, If you missed, Laura was on Dancing last night and it was the debut dance. You had a lot. All my family were texting. Did you get response online?
Speaker 2: Guys? I did the jive, I got to wear a sparkly bra and it was a very weird moment in my life, but I made it through.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: It was look, you had the time of your life. You were having a wonderful time. You could see that on your face.
Speaker 2: I had so much adrenaline pulsating through my body.
Speaker 1: It was like, what are we doing, Lucky Matt, Well, we're talking oldimatums on the show today. Were you given an ultimatum? Have you been thrown one? Your way? But next we're going to get some behind the scenes goss of what actually went down because you were there at the live taping of Dancing and Laura dropped something on National TV that they had to cut out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it could not be shown.
Speaker 2: There's a reason why I got the scores I got.
Speaker 1: You're saying you're gonna tell us next, Yeah, come right up? All right, it's after this Monday afternoon. It is the pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch rushing to Chemists Warehouse now to get a half price off the Nature's Own Vitamin range. It excludes bulk sizes Chemists Warehouse Great savings every day. What a big night it was last night, Britt for our Laura.
Speaker 4: Mast Laura Byrne made her first appearance.
Speaker 2: Nothing makes you feel more berated then ripping off your jacket and your top and dancing around in a sparkly sports prize.
Speaker 1: Can I just say you, Laura, And I'm gonna be honest, I got no dog in this fight. You were robbed. They were. They were so hard to you, and you were I watched that dance. I wasn't there on the night, but watching you on television, they gave you terrible scores. You were robbed.
Speaker 2: I wasn't Okay, I was there.
Speaker 3: She wasn't robbed. There are a few missteps that won't didn't make any TV. Let me say that.
Speaker 2: Can we just focus on how much fun I had? Can we just talk about the fact that it was really great to get out there and do something that was outside my comfort zone.
Speaker 1: Dance would you do?
Speaker 2: I did the jive one way NA I'm gonna fan, which is also awkward because that song's about a stalker, which is what we found out, so our choreography had to be danced. The whole thing was like, we couldn't be partnered because we couldn't play into the whole stalker up anyway, Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you so. This is after Laura did her first debut dance on Dancing with the Stars. This is this is the scores she got from the judges. Craig Revel Horwood, Bye, yay.
Speaker 3: Bye, this is good.
Speaker 1: Tod McKenny, ooh, Mark Wilson five.
Speaker 2: Okaye of ninety.
Speaker 3: Okay, we can work with that.
Speaker 2: That's what it was like. Sonia just sounded so sad for me, didn't she Well?
Speaker 1: I think the saddest moment was when Craig the judge had this to say about you on the dance floor. It was a little bit spiky, however, but like a praying man just on ascaid, wow, I did did love it. That's uncalled for it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have something to say. How can you say you love it? How can you say I loved it and then give me a five? Five just means that was average.
Speaker 4: I think they mean I loved it, like loved laughing at it. Yeah, that's fine, give me more. It's all about entertaining, isn't it that you were?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: You? She wasn't you had you had? I love you, Laura, you had the time of your life.
Speaker 4: But from the audience there reason they couldn't show her making the mistakes is because all that came out of her mouth.
Speaker 3: Now get the beat button ready.
Speaker 4: She missed so many steps. She started swearing on stage, but then she gathered her thoughts again.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't say multiple F bombs. I said one very obvious. When I forgot my steps and I made a mistake, they said this one thing to us. They were like, no matter what happens out there, even if you forget your footwork, just make sure that you look like you're having a great time and keep a big smile on your face. And I forgot my footwork and my mouth went and I said it very visibly to everybody in the audience facing the judges, and everyone started laughing. And then I remember my steps and I kept going. So I think that the scores were kind of justifying. They did do a favor though, because they cut that out of the edit. You didn't when I watched it last night. They did not keep them.
Speaker 1: With the rock.
Speaker 3: No, it's why doesn't land because people are like that was brilliant. The scores don't matter.
Speaker 2: No, I disagree it.
Speaker 1: I was you're a gay icon.
Speaker 2: And I was wearing a smarkly sports brass could be a.
Speaker 1: Gay Eliza and Ellie confirmed.
Speaker 2: Me doing the jive is not going to arouse anyone, though it.
Speaker 3: Doesn't have to if you a gay icon.
Speaker 1: In fact, that's our preference.
Speaker 3: I think you're missing, Laura.
Speaker 1: Well, we can't wait for the next dance.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 1: Gives little tease? When can we see a next Oh?
Speaker 2: The next one is the fox Trot and it's very physical and basically Matt said to me, my husband, he was like, if you don't make me jealous doing this dance, you're not doing it well. And I think I made him jealous.
Speaker 1: All right, don't wait for that next week. Up next on the pickup. People who don't wash their feet, we all have a friend in your life. Yeah, my toes they're gritty. We're gonna have that chat. Next on the pickup. It's the pickup around the country, Britt, Laura and Mitchia thanks to chemists warehouse heading today, great prices every day.
Speaker 4: Okay, I want to talk to you about your feet now before you think that that's gross.
Speaker 3: Laura Burne has her feet out all the time.
Speaker 1: It's working a zoo oh left friend Center.
Speaker 4: She never has shoes on, she never has socks on. They're on the tables. They literally I have a footprint on the dash of my car, on the window of my car. She puts her feet on my windows.
Speaker 2: Top it. I have been in for like a year. Wipe your dashboard down, Britain.
Speaker 3: No don't you deflect? You put your feet everywhere.
Speaker 2: Feet around. I don't put my feet on table, but I don't like wearing shoes.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm a creative person and I feel more grounded when my feet are free.
Speaker 3: I seventy percent.
Speaker 4: Listen to this, seventy five percent of people, it's been revealed, don't wash their feet. Fine, now, seventy five percent. That is a really high number. And what is happening. There is a domino effect here. There is like a world wide problem with like toenail fungus infections and stuff getting like really people getting proper infections in their feet.
Speaker 3: Do you wash your feet? Mittue? Are you the seventy five percent?
Speaker 1: Let's all say how we wash our feet and will work out. You go first, So when I don't touch my feet in the shower, my feet will get residual shampoo and body wash from my body. It'll drop down. I stop scrubbing above the knee.
Speaker 2: You literally don't wash your feet.
Speaker 3: Then you scrub the thigh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get to the thigh. That anything under the knees, good luck whatever. Just just sort of dance around in the bottom of the shower.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't wash my legs. The water can just lap over my legs, but when it comes to my feet, I loof of them. I use like a file. Yeah, I cannot stand having dirty I will even if I'm not showered to go to bed, I will wash my feet in the sink because I can't sleep dirty feet. I'm very tall and flexible. You sit on the countertop, No, I just stand there and lift one foot and then put the other foot in. Is this that weird?
Speaker 1: How do you wash your feet?
Speaker 4: I'm definitely I'm a team mitch. I'm a residual foot washer.
Speaker 2: So you don't wash your feet.
Speaker 3: Guys, let me explain, please before you come at me with that accusatory tone.
Speaker 1: Feet ten up in a little fist.
Speaker 2: I'm clenching my toes.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 4: Mine is very dependent on the situation. If it's just a standard day and I've had shoes and socks on and I feel fine, I will get into the shower and I wash.
Speaker 3: With the proper body wash.
Speaker 4: So the residual comes to the ground, it has a little dance party down there.
Speaker 3: It just washes itself. But if I've been out playing in the mud, which sometimes happens, or I've been walking around, I have dirt on my feet.
Speaker 4: I will give them the attention I need. But generally speaking, I'm a residual.
Speaker 1: I'm with Britain.
Speaker 2: You guys literally don't wash your feet, and you have the audacity to come for me for washing them so thoroughly that I use the sink to do. So what she wants to hear.
Speaker 1: Your foot show us now, shoulder up shows your foot, hold it up, shows your foot.
Speaker 2: I refuse. I will not be no because they are dirty now, so I'm not gonna put dirty feet on a table. I'm not revolting put my car. Yeah, but you should really wash your car because I've not been in your car for a year, so if you still got footmarks, that's your problem.
Speaker 3: Deflection.
Speaker 1: I dropped a pen in the studio the other day.
Speaker 2: Picked it up with her footing. This is something maybe, guys, I know you're all teasing me, but I think I have a special power. I can pick up pretty much anything with my feet. I could pick up a cofee mug with my feet, pick.
Speaker 3: Up this deck of cards she's producer Tony. Put that on the ground.
Speaker 2: That's a tricky I can't pick up an entire day well, I mean, like, look, you guys seem to have a real problem with me and my food abilities. But I think the real issue here is that you are all going to have the fungus, the ringworm, the foot tenure because you don't wash your feet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I also have severe and.
Speaker 2: Because you don't wash your feet.
Speaker 3: Did say you were going to have tournail problems?
Speaker 4: I in my entire life have never had infection and fungal infection and tonal infection.
Speaker 3: You watch touchwood, I think I've got gout.
Speaker 2: Okay, God, guys.
Speaker 3: You've got a whole lot of other problems.
Speaker 4: I don think it's related to as well, live on a ship, oranges and washing your feet.
Speaker 1: However you wash your feet. We don't shame here at the pick.
Speaker 2: Laura does well unless it's me, and then you will shame me unless your name is Laura.
Speaker 3: But she don't shower and wash them in the sink and your Laura burn.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, well we're back after this. I've got to go get corterzone injection in my.
Speaker 3: Friend fungus crep.
Speaker 1: Back after this. It's the pick Monday afternoon. It is the pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch rushing to chemist Warehouse now to get a half price off the Nature's Own Vitamin range excludes bog sizes. Okay, chemist Warehouse, great savings every day. You know, I'm obsessed with the Netflix show The Ultimatum.
Speaker 4: It's all you've been talking about, but it's this. You're you're obsessed with the Queen one, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Ultimatum Queen Love. It's for gay couples, and it's like perfect, and I'm just in it. I'm freshly out of a five year monogamous relationship, so this is like, it's perfect for me because what it is is they get a queer couple and one of them is like biting itching to get married, and the other is kind of not really sold on the.
Speaker 3: Fact, dragging their feet a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little bit like that. And the premise of the show is just that it's an ultimatum. It's they spend a couple weeks together on this reality show and either at the end of it they decide to get married or they decide to break up.
Speaker 2: I think if you have to give your romantic partner an ultimatum about marriage, it's probably not the best decision and go on.
Speaker 1: A reality show, and it's a very difference.
Speaker 4: But the craziest thing about this reality show is they don't just go away for eight weeks and like work on themselves in therapy. They go onto this show and swap couples. They go and date someone else. The perfect way to figure out if you want to marry.
Speaker 1: No, it's kind of I kind of back it because it's a nice way of going if you're the one that really wants to get married. It's a nice way of going, let me just see if there's anyone else out there. And it's also good for the other partner to get some perspective to go. Actually, what I've got is amazing. I'm not going to drag my feet anymore. I get the mentality.
Speaker 3: They have a trial marriage with a new partner.
Speaker 2: It's why wait, so, how do they have to just live with the other partner do like they share a bed with them.
Speaker 1: It's their big brother house. It's like maps but gay on steroids with their.
Speaker 2: Other partner partners and they're all together living in the one house, or they go to different houses.
Speaker 1: So they enter a trial a trial marriage with a new partner from one of the other pairings. So the possibilities really are endless. You can jup and change, move around. It's great.
Speaker 2: I love that they won't even marry their own partners, but they'll have a trial marriage with someone they don't know.
Speaker 1: But at the end of the day, at the end of the day, you have to choose either break up or marry your partner. They're the only options to have.
Speaker 3: You ever had an ultimatum in your relationship, Mitch Things, and you're so obsessed with this show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean yeah, So I gave my partner an ultimatum to get his driver's license because I'm the only one who can drive, and we're twenty seven and I was over driving absolutely everywhere, and I said, you've got to get your ls so you can be a man. And the ultimatum work and he went and got.
Speaker 2: His else there is nothing sexier than having your adult male partner get their l Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the bedroom, take them for a driver in the bedroom. I'm like, you'd be good, or I'm not going to sign your log books.
Speaker 4: What was the ultimatum that you'd break up if you didn't get his license?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So it was over it. It was five.
Speaker 3: It wasn't just that you have to get the bus. It was pretty extreme. It's not like the ultimatum is you don't get your license, you get in the bus. It's I'm out the door.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Mitch had the absolute ick from having a boyfriend who didn't have his license at the rivaled age of twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Nothing gets me going than slapping on a magnetic l plate to a Holden Burna.
Speaker 3: I mean, at least the magnetic Now I'm not the paper wants to go on to the plate.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, I feel like ultimatums are bad. I say this, and then I realized we just call them a bribery in our house, Like, we use ultimatums so pretty much everything. It's like stop kicking your sister. There's an ultimatum. If you don't eat your peas, there's an ultimatum. If you won't get in the shower, there's an ultimatum.
Speaker 1: Easy just for Matt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then sometimes I do it for my children as well. No, I'm pretty I'm pretty sure that every single parent out there uses ultimatums or bribery as a way to get them to do what you need them to do.
Speaker 1: Has anyone given you have you been given one or Laura in a relationship.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I mean, like there was the whole, like, if you're going to marry the other person, I probably won't be here anymore.
Speaker 3: When my Psycho X was married two people at the one time. But besides that, it's probably what I mean.
Speaker 2: I do give on to my ex. I said, if you don't stop cheating on me, I'm going to leave you, and then I left him and now I'm married to someone else. So it turned.
Speaker 1: Out did you get given an ultimatum or what was yours? We love to know best ultimatum or best story, will give five hundred bucks at chemist ware House. About that, you can write into us at the Pickup dot com. We're done. We'll see you guys tomorrow. If you missed any of the Pickup you can podcast it on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Have a good one, guys, say guys, Hey ya