Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts. Hear more gold podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Got anything Good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey, this is Christian here. Thank you very much for checking out today's show. Now, if you listen to our show, you're already one of us. But why don't we take it a step further? I invite you to join our exclusive bright Siders Platinum Club. I'll started calling the show the bright side of the Dial. It's our way of letting you know what are shows about, what we stand for. And the bright Side is Platinum Club is our very own inner circle. So come and join us. What do you get when you join the bright Side is Platinum Club. You get your own membership card. You can also get access to our private inner circle. It's a private Facebook group. In there, our first alerts early ideas before they become anything on the show, which means you can outshape the show and also say no before something becomes a bad idea on the show. You get the time wasters the day before. When Rie and I come up with the ideas of time wasters, you'll hear them before anybody else. Also, every Friday, dropping into your inbox a unique private message from me to all the bright Siders. Only the bright Siders not on air. So if you want to join us, the only thing I need you to do is text the word bright Siders to four seventy five three one oh four three. Add it forward to seeing you in there and now enjoy today's show.
Speaker 3: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Pats morning, Good morning, Rio, Good morning. It is the day after our eighth birthday show yesterday. We still have a couple of hundred Vnetta's left. This time yesterday morning, we had one thy five hundred and twelve. As we began show number one thousand, five hundred and twelve, we got through a lot of Vonnetta's yesterday. The giveaways will begin this morning at six thirty five a m. How are we down to.
Speaker 4: Three hundred and ninety two left? We gave away eleven and twenty.
Speaker 1: In one show yesterday.
Speaker 4: We went a bit crazy.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, we did, all right. So every Friday we start the show, we call it double thumbs Up and go around the team and we talk about the things that we're enjoying at the moment. It might be TV show. We'll move for you to stream over the weekend. You share yours as well. What are you watching at the moment that you're really enjoying that you would recommend? Four seven, five, three, one oh four three perhapsy.
Speaker 5: What's loved The Burrows on Netflix?
Speaker 1: Great fun. We're episode five at the.
Speaker 5: Moment, are you It's just getting good?
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Stranger Things have grown ups they call it. It's by the Duffer brothers who made Stranger Things. Yes, kind of strange, kooky retirement. It's beautifully, very funny.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's been shot in New Mexico and it's all the houses of these beautiful mid century modern style places, which I love.
Speaker 5: It's brilliant.
Speaker 6: And they've got this great cast, alien, great cast people.
Speaker 5: Wullman who door. Gina Davis is in me.
Speaker 1: You've not seen her since Danman Luis and.
Speaker 6: She looks great. This is fantastic. If you loved Stranger Things, you will absolutely.
Speaker 1: Given us mid Lazies our own Stranger.
Speaker 5: Things, you know, for older people.
Speaker 6: And they have signed up for a second series, so there's more coming.
Speaker 5: Yes, you wait till the last episode.
Speaker 4: It's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, love's so creepy. It's really well done.
Speaker 4: Is it scarier or less scary.
Speaker 1: Than less scarier because obviously I think they worry about the blood pressure. Folks watching it. Oh, it's just lost his phone charger. That was all jump scape.
Speaker 6: And you'll never look at your oven the same way again. But it's great the burrows what it means.
Speaker 1: Yes, in that scene, no spoilers, haven't never cooked anything in that oven?
Speaker 5: Just open it isn't it?
Speaker 1: No bloody great hold?
Speaker 6: But I was thinking the same thing. I think, did they not suspect that something was going on weird?
Speaker 1: Because there's never used the oven? There's just a great, big holding, and that the leads to a secret. I won't give anything else, No, it don't. What else you enjoying? Well, that's it, okay.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Double thumbs up for me. It's back for a second season. The four Seasons knows Steve Carrell For this one, however, I think better season. We watched all of it last weekend. I'm not sure stick with it. We were about to stop watching it on midway through the first one. But it gets better, and I've got to say we watched it all in one sitting, and it's a brilliant, brilliant cast. Tina Fey are watching anything, but the whole cast are very very good. It really nalls what it's like to be an adult in a relationship. The jokes are brilliant. It's real life. It's very very honest. Not just in a relationship, the relationship you struggle sometimes with yourself as well. It's brilliant. I cannot recommend it enough. They used to make movies like this in the nineties, before all the mega franchises that were about what it is to be us, to be a grown up. It's so good. The jokes are really really cover times, really rewinding it. There are so many spot on observation and jokes about just the mundaneity, the pettiness of being in a relationship.
Speaker 4: Didn't it almost break up your marriage last year?
Speaker 1: Luckily that's all been resolved because Stevie boy is no longer in it obviously right last week.
Speaker 6: But now the wife is really annoying me, the ex wife with the girlfriend.
Speaker 5: I haven't can't come to terms with it.
Speaker 1: I say this her arc In the last couple of episodes, it becomes her show. Oh really yeah, yeah, yeah, it's good, Yeah yeah, stick with it. Don't give up on it. Four seasons, Ria, what's it for you?
Speaker 7: Such a funny news show on ABC. Ursula Carson is finally getting her flowers. She's got her own show.
Speaker 1: Well, she's a killer stand up She is.
Speaker 7: So funny and we haven't had it's called Ursula. It's on ABC Wednesday's nine thirty and I view she. We haven't had a skitch show in Australia since. Do you remember Patty Back in the day, around the two thousands, there was skit House, ski Show, Fast for fast Forward for.
Speaker 1: Do you think about how many stars got discovered through Yes.
Speaker 7: So many like Pete Hally, I Carry Big More, Tom Gleeson, all of them got their start.
Speaker 1: It's not such a big thing around the world sketch shows anymore. It's really hard.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it almost and it hasn't existed in Australia for so long. And this is so so good. They do not miss you might have seen. There's quite a few sketches that have already gone viral on Instagram and TikTok.
Speaker 4: It is hilarious.
Speaker 1: Well, Brittain, I watched that. I Love Her so I saw at the Comedy Festival. I think it was last year the year before, I thought she was outstanding.
Speaker 4: She's amazing.
Speaker 7: She is so so funny and yeah, one of the funniest shows on Ozzie TV.
Speaker 1: Brilliant.
Speaker 7: All right, so you find that on I view YEP, ABC and Wednesday's nine.
Speaker 3: Thirty Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Was there a party here or something last night this radio station. I just wanted to make a cup of tea. It's like two open wine bottles, And first I thought Pats, but then I thought, hang on, there's still half of this rose left in here. Someone getting smashed last night here at the radio station.
Speaker 7: I think they did some sort of trivia night or something which I didn't know. You were allowed to use company space just to get loaded and can.
Speaker 1: We have like family does here at the radio station at the weekend, And actually I've got a youngest daughter's twenty in November. I could just use the space here. They got that hidden supply cupboard. Can anyone get in there? By the way? I see that the stuff. The underlings here, you know, the ones that work run reception. They're very tightly. Sometimes they open up that hidden door and there's an entire stock crum. Yeah, it's like a mini Bunnings. Yes, but there's like food and a lot of booze in there. Then the door shuts very quickly. Yeah it is. I just see it opening goes.
Speaker 4: It's like Narnia, only they have the key.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, we need to find out we can get hold of that key. All right. Welcome to Knockoff Friday. The best question anyone can ask you on a Friday is what time are you knocking off today? We did this every Friday on the show and knock Off Friday. Thanks to four X the pub is calling somewhere between the first sip and the last laugh. It's always a four X. We have a couple of slabs of four X two. Have your weekend a long weekend? Go better? Patsy, what time you knocking off to? Wants to highlight for you can't wait.
Speaker 6: I will be picking up said teenager, and the whole entire family will be going on.
Speaker 5: A road trip.
Speaker 6: We will be guests of Cleveland Estate this weekend.
Speaker 1: Thank you to be a guest.
Speaker 4: Yes, what does what does being a guest mean?
Speaker 1: Some plugs on next Tuesday show?
Speaker 6: It does not.
Speaker 1: Take that one off and you get the audio. Please keep them getting to the chief marketing officer, so looking.
Speaker 5: Forward to it. There's a beautiful winery there. It's the Lancemore Property one.
Speaker 6: Who are a lovely, lovely group of people and Serena, I can't wait, get ready, I am coming.
Speaker 8: We'll get that red shout outs.
Speaker 1: You can have a great weekend, the whole weekend.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's such beautiful, beautiful country down there.
Speaker 5: It's really funny.
Speaker 6: One of the teams popped in and said, oh, so you're doing some hiking and.
Speaker 5: Real doing hiking.
Speaker 6: I don't think so, it's not that kind of weekend. Our daughter's starting exams next week, so she's in the books.
Speaker 5: She'll be studying. We won't probably.
Speaker 1: See again smashed in the corner. I just know if you need any help.
Speaker 6: I hope she doesn't need any maths help because I am useless at the best of times.
Speaker 5: So no, she she'll take the books.
Speaker 1: And it's like a four seasons episode.
Speaker 8: Family.
Speaker 5: So I'm looking forward to it. It'd be great.
Speaker 1: And what tell me you' knocking off today and what are you looking forward to?
Speaker 7: I am so excited because I'm dropping my partner Will off at the airport and he's going to be in Europe for three weeks, and.
Speaker 4: I'm going to have the house to myself when when happy.
Speaker 1: Watching what you want, eating what you want.
Speaker 4: You know, I had a moment yesterday.
Speaker 7: I was stacking the dishwasher and he came over and restacked the dishwasher the specific way.
Speaker 1: Held last time, he's going to do that in three weeks, last time.
Speaker 4: I have to endure this.
Speaker 1: BS, you better enjoy this, because what's the discrepancy? Who's the main stacker? Hey, well, we.
Speaker 4: Stacked the same.
Speaker 7: He's just very picky about how he wants the dishwasher stack.
Speaker 4: I just sort of chuck things in there.
Speaker 1: I'm now with will he is he? Now? I put all the knives go together, all the tea spoons go together, All the spoons go together. That way, when it's dried, you just grab and dump easier.
Speaker 7: I agree with that for the cutlery, but for every single leg the rest of it.
Speaker 4: He has.
Speaker 7: He has a grid for me of where everything should go. To your kid, I'm supposed to stack the dishwasher too. He's liking it's crazy. It's completely crazy.
Speaker 1: Three weeks Free, Free Wonderful.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell shot on podcast.
Speaker 1: Right now, Not call Friday Christian I love here and Rio's dishwasher story. My husband will open a dishwasher and say, ah, the Swedish architect has been at it again with a dishwasher. Alwa, he's making fun of my precision stacking. Perhaps he had a great idea of doing some kind of dishwasher challenge, who can stack and win? I want to hear from people who have a system. When see your partner's obviously got a great.
Speaker 4: I'll take a photo of it when I get high.
Speaker 1: So what do you do? The largest plates at the back going down in sort of I'm going to send you order. I'm going to get in trouble for not sharing the system, for not knowing it well enough.
Speaker 7: Down the bottom we've got bowls and different shaped folds, so we've got a wider, flatter bowl and there getting through.
Speaker 4: Your plates dire plates a right at the back.
Speaker 7: But then we've got bowls at the front section and then the middle.
Speaker 1: Why can't bowl got the back?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you would get kicked out of the house.
Speaker 1: Why it's the same machine in the same space, And hey, don't ask me, I'm not the systems.
Speaker 7: And then the middle the middle is of a whole around fish mash. Yeah, but he's got a system. I just checked the middles. We chuck everything wherever, but he has a very specific glasses. Go here, you know, wooden spoon here, blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Do you guys see the same as me when it comes to the larger kind of like the fish slices and the bigger kind of spans. Just chucked them anywhere, Yes, Sometimes on top of plates, yes, like a roof for all.
Speaker 4: Sometimes going across there.
Speaker 1: Across across all right, knock it Friday. What time you knocking off today? We got David joins us now, Good morning David, Morning Christian.
Speaker 9: I knock off at three today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what's your highlight for your weekend? What are you up to? Heading down to Apollo Bay fantasy? I'm a driver during the day.
Speaker 9: The best part about it is as soon as I knock off, the wife takes over the driving and I get to sit back and enjoy.
Speaker 1: Great. Well, we'll send you some four nights. Have you have a great weekend down there? Enjoy? Wonderful? Thank you. Good to James. Now, morning James, welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: Gooday, Christian, how amen, I'm good?
Speaker 1: What are you up to this weekend, James.
Speaker 10: Well, I'll be knocking off at two thirty today and on the weekend my daughter turned sixteen, so we're having some people over.
Speaker 1: Oh what a moment for you. She's turning sixteen. Is that your eldest or your youngest daughter?
Speaker 10: Yeah, she's in the middle, so it's still got another one to go. But I was hoping for a slab of bed, maybe a Jenger v Nea cake sort of arrange.
Speaker 1: You can have both. You've got the ultimate party there, you've got the Viennetta and you got the forests. Yes, you can have both. And I hope you have a great weekend all of you. And happy birthday for your daughter this weekend.
Speaker 10: Mate, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Legend. Tania, Good morning, Tania.
Speaker 2: Good morning. Hell are you guys?
Speaker 1: Oh we're good Tanya. And what time are you knocking off today?
Speaker 2: I'm aiming for two o'clock hopefully.
Speaker 1: And what do you do? What do you do, Tanya? Hopefully?
Speaker 2: I'm in the communications field. But I've got a super busy weekend. The himelight being a Turkish lamp making class tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: This is amazing, this is great, And have you done this class? Before or is it just a one off.
Speaker 2: It's just a one off. So got a few girlfriends doing it, so some beers would go down nicely.
Speaker 7: Beers.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, there's nothing more Turkish than four x.
Speaker 2: And perhaps been er or two if you're generous enough.
Speaker 1: I am generous enough. Actually, I really am generous enough. So you've got to call me next week. Let me know how the Turkish lamp making course goes.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you, phur.
Speaker 1: They do make your beautiful lamp the Turks. That is stunning. Enjoy thank you. All right, there's got an Adrian now morning angel knock off Friday. What time are you knocking off? Hey, Christian?
Speaker 9: I'm heading off at twelve o'clock today.
Speaker 1: And where are you heading to? What's the highlight?
Speaker 9: Heading to will Holler to explore some more gold mines.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, you've been a gold mining before.
Speaker 3: Ah yeah, yeah, do it quite often.
Speaker 9: You're doing some historical research and that's all stuff. So it's awesome fun.
Speaker 1: And do you find much?
Speaker 11: We find lots of historical items.
Speaker 9: Not as much gold as i'd like, but it's.
Speaker 1: Pretty Never know, this could be the big golden weekend.
Speaker 3: You never know exactly right, all right.
Speaker 1: We'll give you some four X have a great weekend to join.
Speaker 3: Awesome thank you The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Chris O'Connell's show.
Speaker 4: Went to our local.
Speaker 12: We've been going to the years at Lisa's s eighteenth. There's where we had our first piece, Better seen, Better days in mea liqua pace.
Speaker 4: We need to help this joint bump me in all our mates.
Speaker 12: It's ay, save Christ, please save Pup's anyboy gonna save Christ?
Speaker 1: Please save up? Good morning. It's to Christian O'Connell's show on Goal Time now to give one very deserving local pub another five thousand dollars. This week it's been a big week on save our part. But next week we announced which pub is getting the ultimate reno. But this week, one pub that you told us about every single day has been getting five thousand dollars, all thanks to four extra. Pub's calling. Somewhere between the first sip and the love us laugh. It's always a four X now. When we started this mission a couple of weeks ago, this guy Jason was one of the first people to call up and tell us about this amazing pub.
Speaker 9: We've got to get to Charles Hartham and brownstraight in Geelong, Chris and rach in there, they're just cracking people. They get behind the local community, different one hundred percent genuine pub to no frills venue. And there's not even a lock on our toilet.
Speaker 1: So let's speak to Chris from the Sir Charles Hotham. Chris, good morning, Christian, how are you. I'm very good. Listen. I come with good news. You can get a new lock for the toilet door. You've got five thousand dollars. Oh my god, that's amazing.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Mate, with us in our pleasure to tell us about the pub. So we're a family owned business.
Speaker 13: We've been proprietors of the pub since nineteen ninety one. Yeah, three generations running through the pub. And yeah, we're just an old school venue, no frills. As Jason said, we did fix the toilet door lock goodness. But yeah, we're just a community venue and like our locals and yeah, just have a good time and enjoy each other's company.
Speaker 1: I love this and Chris, So since nineteen ninety one, a lot of people would have probably had parties there. You'd have seen some of the customer's kids grow up and become locals and never have kids as well. That's a lot of change in the area there, and you were constant in that.
Speaker 13: It certainly is, and I'm hopefully going to write a best seller later on in life because there's plenty of stories to.
Speaker 1: Tell, Okay, especially your part of Victoria as well. You get some interesting characters out there. Chris, Oh, yeah, we certainly do.
Speaker 13: And we're close to the train station so that's always interesting. But yeah, no, there's plenty of stories over the years.
Speaker 1: Do you know what, you should write a book? You're right, someone who's been the local pub in an area since nineteen ninety one you would have seen an overheard and also because you know, it's like you have a couple of beers. Sometimes it's not truth serum. People spell so much stuff about their lives, don't they.
Speaker 13: Oh, certainly, I know everyone's everyone his sporting abilities, what they got in their VCE, I know what medication their mum's taking.
Speaker 11: It all.
Speaker 13: It's all part of being a publican.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're part publican, part GP exactly. Yeah, psychiatrist.
Speaker 13: Yeah, the old cold beer and sympathetic gear is definitely here at the Hockam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's needed in the world right now, and then tell us, Chris, what are you going to do with the money? What does finiz thousand dotters do for you? Guys?
Speaker 13: Now, as all good marriages go, I'm never in charge of the finances.
Speaker 1: That's my wife Rachel.
Speaker 13: But probably since we opened in nineteen ninety one, we've got the same dining room chairs, so they definitely need a replacement.
Speaker 1: But what happens at the pub. If it's not breake, you don't fix it.
Speaker 13: So it'll be good to be able to get some chairs that people don't have to bring their own cushions in to sit down.
Speaker 1: I love that all right, So give you a plug. It's Friday, so people might be in the area, might want to pop in over the weekend. Give yourself a plug, mate, certainly. So it's the Charles Oftham Motel.
Speaker 13: We're on the corner of Browham and Cavender Street, and just to share it out to all all people around Victoria and Australia. The local pubs, it's roadblock after roadblock in front of them at the moment. So if you don't use your local you'll lose it. So get into all your local venues, no matter who you are. There's plenty of publicans out there doing it tough and just support your local.
Speaker 1: Well said Chris. Yeah, the last twenty years you'll know this more than me to sixty percent of our local pubs have gone and they won't come back. So the ones that are there, like yours there's Charles Hotham, are really really important. You know. We need these spaces where we can get together and chat to each other and have a few drinks, celebrate staff and commiserate when people are tough weeks as well. So Chris, congratulations, you're exactly why we're doing this. And thanks for the generations of support you've given the coach as well. No worries at all, and.
Speaker 13: Thank you to four excellent Happy birthday for you for your eight years.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Okay, thanks Chris, well done. No, I appreciated, guys. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 1: The Pain is Real. Guys, we have a judas in the midst who is it is it?
Speaker 2: Me?
Speaker 1: Is it is it passed? Because one of us has ordered a McDonald's breakfast for one.
Speaker 5: Oh no, in my defense, Jesus, it was good to Jesus.
Speaker 1: Kid is a double sausage muffin. Yeah, the show would be so much better to.
Speaker 6: Find that in me well, so so good. It was the newsroom that did the order.
Speaker 4: I'll let you know you run that news room. Nothing gets through them without your.
Speaker 5: Six or seven people.
Speaker 1: Are you news or are you show?
Speaker 5: Like a leg in each can? Jesus was good?
Speaker 4: I feel great.
Speaker 1: What did you do?
Speaker 6: I got a sausage and egg McMuffin. Thank you very much, and the coffee goes around.
Speaker 1: Team. I will shout a breakfast McDonald's order. Okay, it's on me. You as soon as we're getting too old, mates, news, we will do the order. Let's stay out, okay, all right now everyone focus, by the way of realized for our sour and a half. Been trying to chat to the listeners like we always do. They do not want to talk to about anything other than Vienetta's. I really want these messages like no one's engaging anything. I've been saying for now and a half. All they talk about is why they want their Vanetta's. Listen at ten to eight, seven fifty three and thirteen seconds, the lines will open to give you where the Vienetta's. Then you can't just not talk to me today and just keep talking at me about the vennettas. I understand, but I'm not listening, okay, with I can a stand up. I don't even think we're getting Ay. Someone requests today for People's Playlist, but let's try it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they were.
Speaker 4: Listening and calling and choosing the music, and.
Speaker 10: Just when hit eh, somebody paying the station shady play the.
Speaker 4: People's play Listen Christian.
Speaker 1: God right now, Christian big song for Friday show friends, as we're in winter songs for an hour from eight this morning, the People's Playlist. We give you a theme, you pick up the songs anything to do with the winter in the title. Now, the producers that they have given me a list of words to do with winter, right as if we as if we needed that. One of them is simply coffee. You have that?
Speaker 4: Oh here sixty five?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, so then no one's buying coffee in the summer or spring. Why is that one that says pale, pale? That's it? I guess maybe you lose your oh I see yeah, yeah, yeah, fever.
Speaker 7: I guess yes, jackets, Yes, you wear a jacket, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Handle all light the candles is winter Nana Whiskey, push that one? All right, Patsy? What songs should we play today? Then? To do with winter and the title?
Speaker 6: Okay, I thought I'd go really literal A hazy Shade of Winter by the Bengals this week.
Speaker 1: Banger cover.
Speaker 6: Because I learned I had no idea Paul Simon actually wrote this song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that song? Originally? Wasn't it song in gufunk call.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize that and that it was originally Yes Simon and Gulfunkle.
Speaker 1: I had absolutely no I guess your news you're not show?
Speaker 5: Well, that's it too busy news.
Speaker 1: But it's a great colverasionist, so I think we should definitely play. It's got a song. I can tell you now. It's never been played ever on my show, but anyway, happy to hear twenty eight seconds of it.
Speaker 4: It's winter, you're cold, but you still want party?
Speaker 1: You still want to go where's my winter coffee? First?
Speaker 7: After your first delicious four X? You want something to warm your soul, to warm the chest.
Speaker 1: You need a shot of pitbull fireAll. This is not a winter song. I didn't see it on the lester of Winter words. Where was fireball? That great balls?
Speaker 4: A fire I'd have had.
Speaker 1: Them Jerry Lee Lewis, but not this rubbish.
Speaker 4: Well I thought Jeri le Lewis's was a cover of this pit.
Speaker 1: No, it's Paul Simon. Paul Simon originally wrote Fireball. All right. Sometimes during the winter my wife cranks up the ac. It doesn't need to be that hot, and so I'll often say to us, I see I see it. Nenny raises your pitbull, mister worldwide. And also I love this song by Dell Wada boys all right, People's played this. We did this every Friday on the show You and change the music from eight this morning, whole hour songs picked by you. Winter is the thing? What's got out someone to do? The winter in the title give me a called coffee, of course, springs to mind in me. So fast forward a couple months time we had summer and our summer songs Coffee be back on that whiskey.
Speaker 3: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: People's played this every Friday on the show You pick all the music for an hour. Today's theme songs to do with the winter in the title. Not a lot of great ones on the lines I'm looking over, So I'm not taking any of those calls. They're very However, he has been the theme of the week actually with him being there to give away. Yes, is coming up soon. We played this the other day and it's hand a great Oh no, this is a great song. Were dedicated this this morning to Pats and a colleague and the news group. It must be nice. That's a warm food in you.
Speaker 4: To get to have an order in your McDonald's. That's so generous of you.
Speaker 1: You're in a coffee or anything parts or thank you.
Speaker 8: For asking deserve no thank you.
Speaker 5: I'm quite full of a no thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh yes, let's play this definitely. Also, it's just more like the heaters on it. Yes, I get that, all right? If you go any more, you can text me on four seventy five three one oh four three. But it's pretty clear there's only one thing you want to be talking to me about. And okay, we give in you win. We all needed more.
Speaker 4: Than ever an ice cream cake with brunchie.
Speaker 1: Setter calling me an instant winner.
Speaker 7: Christians, given you were being Netta hedda Hedda, given you would beingda hedda Hedda.
Speaker 1: Now you might be wondering, Christians winter, why giving away ice cream? Good question? I've got a good answer. Yesterday was our eighth birthday on this show, and we hit show number one thousand, five hundred and twelve. I had had one thousand, five hundred and twelve Venettas for each of those shows as a thank you, real how many have we got the left off an extraordinary show? Yesterday? Of giving away a hell a lot of Vionnetta.
Speaker 7: We gave away one than one hundred and forty four Viennettas, which leaves us with three hundred and sixty eight Viennettas for today's show.
Speaker 1: All right, lines are uper Now tell us why you would love a slab of Vienetta? It is a slab The common impacts of six Ria has had printed off an A three copy of the six Times Table. After the mess he made yesterday, I got a lovely email for one of our listeners said, they've they've got severe eighty hden. They were getting very triggered every time they had you and I trying to mangle multiples of six and are terrible six Times tables. I was actually practicing yesterday go around the house six twelve, eighteen, twenty four, thirty thirty six, forty two, forty eight, fifty four, sixty, sixty six, seventy two. Wow, I can only do it in that order.
Speaker 4: So I couldn't be like, hey, what's seven six is?
Speaker 1: You'd have to go through it from the start thirty six. No Rio has the entire six times table printed off and he goes up to ten. Chop. It can't do a three printing.
Speaker 4: Nice if you want eleven or twelve.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we're in real.
Speaker 3: Trouble today, Christian O'Connell show Go on podcast.
Speaker 1: We're a week away from the World Cup. It's just seven days ago and I'm so excited. And day by day you probably notice on your feeds you're seeing more more of the amazing adverts to different brands have made are Nike and Adidas and all the different songs the countries who are going to be going. It's going to be incredible. And one thing I've noticed, as every World Cup you'll see this news teams try and find some animal mammal sometimes in an aquarium that will try and predict the games. We need in on that action. Oh yeah, I do not want to be left behind, mate, look stupid. Real we need a World Cup predicting animal. So if you believe you have a psychic pet. Please call me this morning. Now, I know I'll get no calls unless I offer a reward if we choose your animal this morning to be our official Christian O'Connell world can't predicting psychic pet. You get a slab of Viennetta, some for you, some for the bed. Thirteen fifty five twenty two. Now. Also I appeal to any of the zoos listening to the show right now. There'd be zoo keepers at Taranga, maybe at the Werribee Open Rain Zoo there. And if you're in the elephant house, the giraffe house, why elephants are smart? Well? Yeah? Or what about the girafts?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yes, how do you see the giraffe?
Speaker 1: Al right? So say it's the soccer whose against turkey? Okay? In giraffes love to enable on leaves and trees. In the one of their favorite trees, you have some delicious leaves that say soccer. Use they have some leaves that say turkey. Whichever the draft starts to nibble on first, that's your winner, okay wow? Or it might be an ape huh. You know in a in a zoo as well, you have two bottles of their feet in the morning. You have one for the socceros and one for turkey. Got I figure out you got the you got the yah yahah Yeah, that's it. Basically, it's up Hi with the leaves of a gruffy or it's a great silver back whatever that is, or an ol dashoned I or a cat. What about snake?
Speaker 7: Now you're talking EMU. The more exotic the animal, the better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so we don't want cats and dogs?
Speaker 4: No, yeah, emu, snakes, rhinos, hippos.
Speaker 1: Lamas, would lovers. I bet, I bet there's listeners. You've got lamas? Yeah, I bet thirteen fifty five, twenty two. What are we doing?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, no, no, no, sorry, let's cheat the right stuff, celebrate and listen.
Speaker 4: Christians back with the dessert from heaven. Moms say good for a special occasion, but we're going to give them to I'll fill it out for you.
Speaker 7: Take a pen, write it down, one, five, one, two, Bianettas, still fancy God?
Speaker 4: Hate for Nicko or Nina or Nancy. The show's eight two days. Radios beat this give away. All you gotta do is call in and say give it to me.
Speaker 3: Christian I am humbred.
Speaker 4: So you know we got a minimum order. Take it least six to or none left dover. The clock is ticking it over to you call now one, three, five, five.
Speaker 1: Two two? World Cup spiders?
Speaker 4: Who's it gonna buy it?
Speaker 1: What about lizards? What about them? Iguanodongs oscelots? Time listens, No, I just name it? No, you know this brainstormach came.
Speaker 4: Well, you gotta stay focused on the DNA.
Speaker 1: You're right, You're right, You're right, come on, come on. Okay, So there's some discrepancy here between what you're saying and what the producers are saying. But just in Kaitlin, how many do we have to give away on your sheet you've given me? You're saying two hundred and eighty seven single vionettas? Is that correct? Rio just said five minutes ago, three hundred and something?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not three.
Speaker 1: No, where are you getting that from a sheet? Win Is We both got the same sheet, but two widely different numbers. He says, two hundred and eighty seven. Well, which equates to forty seven slams of six.
Speaker 5: Okay, I know what's happened. We have a folder system out here, right, and that folder system it's a very good but when Rio touches it.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no old specky four eyes magoo, oh and I happening. I'm here with these eyes of mine. It's by this sub folder.
Speaker 5: Sometimes he just grabs and goes.
Speaker 1: But what's happened is that is an old page that.
Speaker 5: Rio has got it. Sorry about that?
Speaker 6: The updated number seven, I've actually got a more updated number.
Speaker 1: Hang on, this was but I think we have I don't have access to the folders obviously. Why who gave me this? Then? Sorry?
Speaker 5: It is very busy here. It is chaotic.
Speaker 13: We have lines jammed full of people who've got text lines jammed.
Speaker 5: Sometimes we do give some people off a vanetta just as a nice you know, because they're desperate.
Speaker 1: For the beautiful story. Can we get on with this?
Speaker 5: So we've got two hundred and sixty three is left?
Speaker 1: Two six three? How many slabs is that? That is two six three divided by six? I didn't get up that far my Times table revision yesterday. It won't be divisible by six three, is it? Yeah? Oh?
Speaker 4: Well no, not perfectly forty three point eight. But we're not going to give someone point eight of a viennetta.
Speaker 1: We'll still what they miss out.
Speaker 4: Well, that's just a little cheky one for us.
Speaker 1: I've got fridge. I've got a fridge here with a load of singles in it.
Speaker 4: Oh great, well then we can do for it. We'll cut We'll cut it in half way.
Speaker 1: I guess like King Solomon. That's great reference. Everyone knows what you're talking about. All right? Now, where are these spiders? Well those world cut prig and snakes. I don't see any calling in thirteen fifty five twenty two. Let's go to Dukes. Good morning, Dukes, Good morning. Yes, Duke's a regular on the Time Wastter. Always good for a silver of gold, this guy to lives. You've been on the Time Wastter for a couple of years, haven't you.
Speaker 9: It's been quite a while, I think from very early day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I recognize your name. You can have how many vanettes you want? Thanks for being such a big part of the show every single day? Mate? Thank you. Well, I'll take what I can get. I'm going to have a few boys over to watch the Mrighty Blue Boys beat us and then on Sunday, so what better way to celebrate celebration? Maybe commiseration, But anyway, you're getting Vonetta fantastic. All right, Duke, thank you very much. Have a lovely weekend. Jeers you too, George, Good morning George. Now George wants some Viennetta.
Speaker 10: What's it for my twin girls ninth birthday today?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, happy birthday to the month. Give them a shout out. What they called Ava and Zara had great names. Well, how you have a special day. We'll send them some Viennetta. Thank you. That'd be fantastic. I love it great. Gary, Good morning, Gary, Yeah, sure, good morning.
Speaker 3: I'm Gary from Shelby.
Speaker 1: Are you Gary? Yes, I am good man Gary. What do you want with the Viennettas?
Speaker 10: I've got some noisy neighbors and I'd really like their kids to quieten down for a little while.
Speaker 1: At least.
Speaker 6: Viennettas would keep them might be quiet?
Speaker 1: Yes, shut them up? Yes for a while. Yes, Gary would send you a saber Vionetta's. Have a lovely weekend.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Now on the show Busy Business. Because next Friday it would have kicked off the opening game the World Cup. The World Cup countdown is truly on, obviously. The soccero squad was announced this week. Get excited, start believing in the soccer roots start planning to get up early in the morning and get around the soccer roots were punished here in Australia. Yeah, it's so far away. It's not being on another planet living, not Austraight.
Speaker 4: Yet, we've got one good one we have.
Speaker 1: We've got to check the opening game is at two pm next Sunday. That is the only one to enjoy what he can that one. You won't be bleary eyed next week on the show World Cup. Wednesday is the day that our World Cup countdown officially begins. Rio you're going to have your soccer rouse anthem ready for its first ever World exclusive play at eight. That's correct.
Speaker 4: I've already got it's stewing in my mind.
Speaker 1: In other words, he hasn't got anything yet. That's correct. That's correct. That's the long weekend to unstew it some more. Also, we're going to announcing Wednesday, what are soccer Who's goal of fun is? The good news is every time there's a goal in a soccer hose game. Why is here not saying every time there's a soccer whose goal you want to win? Stuff? You don't. Every time there's a goal you win, Where even if you lose in you're winning and I losso be announcing Wednesday? What is the official kick Soccero's predicting pets now we need to find it all right at the moment, it'd be great if we could have I've done dog, We've done dogs before. I want a different kind of animal that can predict ahead of all the soccer whose games, which team is going to win? Just give us early confidence, Christian, can we offer our We've got a sheep, Popcorn, who's actually very smart, actually thinks they could predict the World Cup winner, not just socceruse games. He is so smart. We've taught him how to spin on commands, spin and wins when Popcors gets popping the winner.
Speaker 4: Sheep's famously though, dim, very dim. Yeah, but smart.
Speaker 1: But Popcorn Popcorn is the genie. Might be the smartest sheep in the world. Is that that movie that came out a couple of weeks ago, A huge Chapman?
Speaker 5: Oh yes?
Speaker 1: Is it? The smartest sheep in the world? Names in it, huge, names in it? What's that sheep movie out with?
Speaker 5: You're not thinking baby?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that's a pig.
Speaker 4: It rounds up the sheep detective.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, Christian, I have EMUs. You're not having them. They are the sixth thummus bird in the world. Honestly, they're too stupid to predict anything. You know, you can't have my EMUs. All right, EMUs are off the table.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian, thanks to Pat's talking about getting a macas this morning. I'm not going to be late. I've had to make a teetop getting a sneaky sausage and egg muffin. If you order yours, we put our order in. Yes. Once you hear someone have it, I know, and your stomach goes, bring me food. Yes. New recruit to the show in turn, Pete, Good morning, Good morning morning everybody. Now, Pete, you're going to be on the roads in the next forty five minutes dropping off Vienetta to a couple locations. But you reckon. You've got a contender for a World Cup.
Speaker 8: Pet I think we have a real winner here, a very good friend. Her name is Donna. She runs a wild life retreat for retired circus animals. Right, so the ones that had to spend their life.
Speaker 1: O slow, this amazing. It's a retreat for retired circus animals.
Speaker 8: Oh, it is the most beautiful place on the outskirts of Sydney.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 14: Her name as said his Donna, and she has been all life, basically just giving them the life that they deserve at the end. But she has heard this, and she says she has the perfect tiger ready to go for this. She said, she's even gone two tigers if we want if something, if something goes wrong, yes, a tiger was earlier.
Speaker 1: I was going to meet me with the mere spider, right, so that even bet out by the way, don't you wish I wish I could go and chat to those animals and interview them, the stories they would have about their years in the circus, their chat to each other. Well, I was once performed in Fremantle over and w a our awful crowds. There were awful groulse.
Speaker 14: It's so good zombie wildlife retreat. Now, her suggests Donna, who I adore. But she's like, okay, great, So do you want to put two annequins in there? And whoever gets eaten first wins.
Speaker 1: In the middle of the school on wives. It is funny, I didn't know you were going there. You're gonna say two men in there, and I've got to go peep. Not on this show.
Speaker 14: Jackie maybe, but not this show, she did say in her next text, or two members of the show, So.
Speaker 4: She's on the same.
Speaker 1: Reduce the head cameraund here. Don't tell our bosses that, Pete. They're going through this company at the moment they would have if they could have judged cart and Jackie o in there. Larson standing keeps the show.
Speaker 4: So the offer is there, Yes, yes, I can do the deal.
Speaker 1: Yes can we can? We speak to on the next Let's get done. All right, We'll get done her on next. That's to the deal.
Speaker 3: Christian Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 1: I've had a theory for a while a certain producer on this team is wherever possible, always trying to fleece me of extra money. I said, I'd shout the whole team to McDonald's right, Happy to do that. Got a great, hardworking team, Suddy Kenny goes, you need to transfer one hundred dollars? What are we ordering? Fine?
Speaker 5: One hundred?
Speaker 4: Everyone has been getting a couple of meals.
Speaker 1: We're being stucking up the long weekend team. One hundred dollars? What's it? Commission? On top of that is a Caitlin. Hey, Christian O'Connell, it's Harrison from yesterday. I'm still in year eight. Where are the ice creams? Harrison? I love it? Yes, you can have your you can have your v and Eda's okay, we'll give you two slabs and Patsy, you're working hard this morning, aren't you?
Speaker 5: Always?
Speaker 4: And ever?
Speaker 1: Yes? And thank you for all your hard work.
Speaker 5: What's this leading?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm just thank you that what's that you say?
Speaker 4: I just wanted to apologize, Patsy, I was just very busy during the song.
Speaker 5: I need you to come in and help me with my expenses.
Speaker 1: Now that Ria, What are you saying? What are you saying?
Speaker 4: I'm Patty.
Speaker 7: Tigers wondering if I could just pop into the new studio help her submit some of her expenses.
Speaker 1: So she asked you after the show yesterday to do that after the day's show, not during the show.
Speaker 5: Well I did ask you monday. You still have them come in and say so, she messages.
Speaker 7: Just now you interest, you've got time during the song, can you pop in and just help me with my expense?
Speaker 1: What someone's knocked off?
Speaker 4: Maybe if you've got me a sausage and McMuffin an hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we see how it is all right now, intern Pete, where are we with our World Cup predicting tigers.
Speaker 8: Oh, we are in a really great place at the moment.
Speaker 14: Now I've actually got the wonderful lady on the phone who looks after these beautiful retired circle circus animals. That's right, we have got either one or two tigers to on what we want to do with them for next Friday show live.
Speaker 8: On the Christian o'connells Show. Would you please welcome Donna.
Speaker 1: Donna, welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: Hi Christian, please to meet you and you listen to it. I love your show.
Speaker 1: By the way, We thank you very much for coming over and joining us, and Donna, thank you for the great work you do for these lovely animals as well.
Speaker 11: Oh thanks Christian. Yeah, we started like over ten years ago because there was no sanctuary in Australia that could offer homes to retired circus animals or animals from the film industry or even private ownership. So we sort of started to and be with a handful of big cats needing homes and we've grown from there. Now we've got a diversity of species here and it's absolutely beautiful sanctuary to visit.
Speaker 1: I'd love to come out and say that, shall bring the kids. My girls would love that. And so how big is it now? How many acres you've got? How many animals are they?
Speaker 11: We're situated on fifty acres. It's the old Bullen's Animal World property. They still own it and they've allowed us to build this sanctuary on their property. And we've got probably over one hundred animals, not all of them are on exhibit. But we do only open to the public twice a week because I built it for the animals for their retirement and not so much for people. But we do open it because we do need to feed them, we need some income, and we only open for small groups and it's very exclusive and everyone just loves it.
Speaker 1: It's seem that's going a day trip. I want to come and see them. So if you need to, yes, and you're feeding the me accounts at the moment.
Speaker 11: I just finished feeding them there. I just threw a couple of handfuls of live mealworms around, so we like someone that.
Speaker 1: Was still we.
Speaker 2: Yes something.
Speaker 1: Now, tell us about the tigers.
Speaker 11: Well, I've actually Sady's home to six tigers. But I've got two young girls that love to play and love to do things, So I'm thinking you wanted to put them up for a challenge, didn't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so obviously it's the World Cup stants next week, and I was looking to see if we get like a predicting animal to predict the outcome of the socceros games. And you know, I reckon the tigers could do that for us with the third eye of the tiger.
Speaker 11: Of course. Now they're pretty clever like that. Tigers. Maybe not as clever as octopuses, but they don't have a go on.
Speaker 1: We're going to find out.
Speaker 11: So no, we're happy to join in on the fun with this one. And we're all big soccer fans, and they actually love playing with balls. They chase balls around, so they could probably join the soffers.
Speaker 1: To face some back for that Gaboo chuck. A couple of tigers there, that's the coach's Tony's secret plan.
Speaker 11: I'm sure they could make the players run.
Speaker 1: Little bit training. This is great, Donna.
Speaker 11: We're excited to come on the show and go at this. And it's fun, you know, because it's very important when you have animals in captive environments that you give them a lot of enrichment. This sort of thing is fun for them to do.
Speaker 1: So well, beat Pete, I know, said to me that you'd love to come and help out work and sort of muck out down there next Friday. So yeah, you're going to next sort of a hand. They're doing the feed and slapping out next Friday. Good on your peete for offering that.
Speaker 8: Oh, absolutely done. I can't wait to catch up.
Speaker 14: I mean, I mean logistically, what are we throwing in their balls and people mannikins.
Speaker 11: Let me know what you want to do. Come up with something quite different.
Speaker 1: Great, Donna, you're a legend now, Donna. I'm gonna because it's such a great thing you're doing. I'd like to make a donation support the what you do and guessing your charity. And we've got a lot of big hearted listeners. Where can they donate the great work that you're doing there, Well.
Speaker 11: You go to our website Samby dot org. That's said for Sue Samby, said a m b I Samby Wildlife Foundation. And it's the time of year where everyone needs to donate. They can get a tax deductible receipt.
Speaker 1: So doing your expenses.
Speaker 5: On the website.
Speaker 1: Sponsor, Well, we'll put that on our website as well.
Speaker 11: Donation Christian, I'll be waiting for it to come.
Speaker 1: Always trusted Englishman when I've just got to give a hundred dollars apparently for some Macca's breakfast to a Dodgy team member, Dona. What's beat you next week? Have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Time for today's time waster Well Disney Day. Today, I'm going to confum Disney bands best and show. You're off to a family pass. This would be great for families. Disney on Ice. It's doing Magic and the Stars coming to a city near you this month and July. You can get your tickets now at ticketech dot com dot au. We have a family Pass team. What do we think is in the big five most watched animated Disney movies of all time? What are the Goats? All?
Speaker 4: Add them?
Speaker 1: Number four?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 5: What about snow White?
Speaker 1: Number five? You one? Frozen number two?
Speaker 5: What about Cinderella not in there?
Speaker 1: Really? No? No, You've got to think about Lion King, Yes, number one, Pats Lion King is the number two. Beauty and the beast A number three. Wow, sick all right, So Disney Bands, Simba and Garfuncle Silber plus, Genie is Genie, Yeah yeah yeah, Snow White Stripes, Silver plus, Kruella de Village People, Couella Village People, Village People, the Third Time Ballu Man Group shout out to the Blue Man Group, Jumper then Yes and Beauty and the Beastie Boys, Jack Gold Rump. Okay, yeah, what have you got? Real? Sorry? Busy show today.
Speaker 4: He gets knocked down, but he gets up again. It's Poomba Womba.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Yes, go Poomba Womans go plus.
Speaker 4: Who read, No, we need the book. Jimminy Eat World Yeah, Jimmy crippy.
Speaker 1: This is crazy. Yeah yeah. Whamby Wamby is good. That's better.
Speaker 3: Silver The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show. There are some outstanding time wasters today. While done everybody Disney bands. Here's the time waster and the prize is does he want to go on Fanny pass Off to go see Disney on ice Alana's Moana sets. That's gonna it's gonna be the standard like that. Snow White Control Silver plus Goofy Fighters Silver Chicky Pop Chiggy Pop is growing us do it Abba Cadabra Abbat Cadabra. Very clever, Mick, Mickey and the Mechanics. Mickey and the Mechanics. Silver Pizza Panic at the Disco. What on? Joe Motley Blue Silver Puss, Lady Gaga on the Tramp, Silver Winnie the pou Tang Clan. It's the image pou Tang Clan. Very good. Josh Kavana gave us that one. Winnie the Pooh Tank Plan, Barry Want the Seven Dwarfs Silver, Mickey Changker Silver Brons Hakuna Matalaka very good. Andy, that's very good. Advance Joyce Bronze Beauty, The Beatles, Silver Fluff, The Kings of Lyon Silver. I'm Robert Steamboat, Willie Nelson, Cold Huey Dewey, Louis and the News On Anthony Garfield Brooks. That's very clever. Sean Barry.
Speaker 4: Hakona h not quite as good as a COONa metallic.
Speaker 1: Sorry sorry, Tom Plue tones and I Blue Tones and I good Pluto reference Lee Collins, Mister Magoo Goo Dolls Silver stuff like Danny Plu Toto Silver Toto the Blue Brothers, Silver, Chicken, Little River Band, Gold, Peter Pantera, Gold on Shane and Backstreet Toy Stories.
Speaker 4: That's bronze.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, who is winning today? Who's off to Faribas Disney on Ice?
Speaker 4: They were brilliant, but it's Winny the Putain Claire.
Speaker 1: Yes, well done, Joshua Kavna, you are the winner.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast, Head to a chemist warehouse and save more money every year on your regular medication with discount prescriptions in every store every day