Speaker 1: Come on, here we go our brand new show. Ladies.
Speaker 2: How we feeling? We are feeling ready and rearing. BRIT's putting on the lippy.
Speaker 1: She's ready to it's radio brittanyhuh.
Speaker 3: But it's about how you feel.
Speaker 4: And if you feel good, you generate good energy, sound good.
Speaker 3: And I'm feeling good and I'm even better now I'll put on my lippy.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what I'm excited about.
Speaker 5: I'm still reeling from last night's Bachelor, and we have Alicia and Jed joining us on the show today and I cannot wait to speak to them. But also, apparently Alysia is made out with a few other people since.
Speaker 4: The show and they left together and then she's been with other people apparently, so we need.
Speaker 1: To find out, all right, we'll get to the bottom of that.
Speaker 6: Also, I think I know the real reason behind the lppy on Britt Laura is that she's our BRIT's in love.
Speaker 3: Brittis in love. I don't know what that has to do with lipstick, but I am. I mean, I'm in a controversial love.
Speaker 2: I know what it has to do with it.
Speaker 5: It's because every single break you're going to be facetiming the boyfriend t is long distance.
Speaker 6: Will unpack the relationship coming up because in true Britt fashion, it's I mean, I don't want to say train wreck, but it feels doomed to fail.
Speaker 3: Britt Ah, I love the optimism YouTube.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 3: Well, in other very very cute news.
Speaker 4: Around the nation last week and this week, it's the first week of school for so many little kiddos, I mean back to school for everyone else.
Speaker 3: Parents are celebrating all over but it's a lot of kids' first day.
Speaker 2: It's very very sweet. Well, all that is coming up.
Speaker 1: It is let's start the show.
Speaker 6: This is the pickup all thanks to chemist ware House around Australia. This is the pickup with Britt, Laura and Meets. You got to head into Chemists ware House and purchase any new Ego qv Ceramid's product to go into the running to win a bloody car competition ends on the twenty second of feb T's and sees apply now right around the country, people are preparing.
Speaker 1: It's back to school period.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you need to look at this. My little nephew, Parker, he's gone to school for the very first time. Look at how oh you know when you get your uniforms, you get your backpack on your your lunchbox, you get that standard.
Speaker 1: The backpack is huge. It's empty, but it's so huge.
Speaker 3: It's like a pencil case, like pencil case.
Speaker 5: And that's the oversized uniform and the perfectly flat hat that they all wear.
Speaker 4: It's just so cute. It's a really sweet time. And I just look at this and I'm like, look, how innocent he is, right.
Speaker 1: But he yeah, oh he's not.
Speaker 3: He has the devil moments. And I just think remember the times back at school you start and you just want to be the first day, you want to be this really good kid, and it goes downhill rapidly, so quick.
Speaker 5: I mean, speaking of wanting to be a really good kid, you know what I did when I had just started at my primary school. We used to get given stickers, right, if you were really good and well behaved, you would do a good deed and you would get given.
Speaker 2: A sticker star.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But well, if you're really good, you got a hologram sticker. With my teacher, the dolphin.
Speaker 4: Was like jumping in your private school was a public's No, that is a private school sticker that I was a public school If we had sticks.
Speaker 5: Those were just the golden colored stars, right, depending on what you did. Our ours was a hologram sticker. And I did go to a Catholic school. But okay, I went home and I told my mom, like, there's these stickers that everyone's getting if you be really good. And then I started bringing home lots of stickers, Like I'm talking.
Speaker 2: I was bringing home like ten stickers a.
Speaker 3: Day, like an excessive amount of stickers.
Speaker 5: And my mom cottoned onto the fact that actually I was stealing stickers to prove how good I was. I wanted my mom to think I was so well behaved that I was stealing stickers. Anyway, this one day, I remember my school teacher she opened my backpack and there it was rolls of stickers.
Speaker 3: I like sprung yeah, And it was a setup.
Speaker 5: My mom had called the school and told them I think my daughter's stealing stickers.
Speaker 1: It was a sting operation.
Speaker 6: It was a stick a stick you got random sticker tested on the way out of the way out of the playground, like, man, we just need to check you backpack quickly.
Speaker 3: Got to just for this where she would have got creative with where she's hirding them.
Speaker 1: Too.
Speaker 3: I've seen how big your school dress was. I know where you're putting those.
Speaker 5: Sticks even remember I remember the teacher coming out to me and she was like, excuse me, Laura, can I please look inside your backpack? And I remember thinking, no, the stickers are in there, but I didn't want to say no because it was naughty, so I was like, okay, So I handed her the backpack with all.
Speaker 3: The events and is that how you were discovered?
Speaker 2: I got in so much trouble and I never ever got a sticker again.
Speaker 6: Well, my back to school's tainted because when I first started kindergarten, I was so comfortable in my life with my sisters and my mum at home. I didn't want to start, so I concocted a plan to stay at home for as long as possible. So what my mum was doing was baking muffins at home, like the week before school, maybe for the lunchboxes. Who knows, like Betty Crocker muffin mix, Yeah, apple and cinnamon, I remember the kind. And my sisters were putting on a fake acrylic nails on the kitchen table.
Speaker 1: As you do.
Speaker 5: You know this was you know, I'm imagining that you shoved a little nail in a cupcake or something.
Speaker 6: It was worse than the nail you know back in the day, probably you know whns issues super glue the nail down onto your finger. Yeah, So what I did was when the muff the muffins were cooling, I got the super glue stick and I put it right into the muffin apple and cinnamon, and I squeezed the super glue so it had like a super glue center.
Speaker 1: Character.
Speaker 6: And I put it and mumm ate it, and the glue collagulate, coaculated in her throat and dried in her throat and the roof of her mouth. We had to race at the hospital and shed together together. She had to get it surgically cure your mom. No, no, it wasn't premeditated.
Speaker 1: Just like mom stopped talking. I'm super cloth And at the end of the day, I still had to go back to school.
Speaker 2: So and your mum spent four days in hospital and we don't talk anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't talk.
Speaker 6: No, I love my mom and we Actually I looked very cute on my first day of school. Mum still dressed me up. Back next with the Bachelor winners, Jed and Alessia. Laura love this season.
Speaker 2: I have been wildly obsessed. I've watched every single episode. So I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Right's next, it's a pick up with Britt, Laura and Mitchell thanks to Chemist Warehouse. I am ready.
Speaker 6: I'm actually sweating with anticipation because the Bachelor finale air last night and from all accounts, it was a mess.
Speaker 1: Laura Burne, I know you watched it.
Speaker 5: It was a mess, but it made for very good TV. You know what, The only couple that's still together is Jed and Alysia.
Speaker 3: But then you hear that she was kissing some other people since they've left the show as well.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean this is why I want to know. So apparently they're together, but they've hooked up with other people.
Speaker 1: Time here. Now we've got them on the phone, Jed, see you join us.
Speaker 6: Hi, guys, how does it feel to be the only successful couple of the franchise this season?
Speaker 7: Well, look, yeah, I think it's great. We've you know, we've put a lot of work in to get to the point where we're open and seeing each other. Well, the sorry open that's triggered me. I shouldn't No, no, no, we're not open. Let me get that clarified right now. But no, Look, we're in a good place. I think it's been a while since we've been able to be normal, so we're just sort of taking it by day and seeing how we go.
Speaker 5: Speaking of open, I read something this morning that Alicia, you've kissed other people since the show finished.
Speaker 2: Is that true?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, So when the show finished, we had our four night rendezvous, which is really nice, when the wolves came down and we really started to get to know each other. And then after we left, Jed ended up going through something pretty dark, and we sort of decided, let's not be together until we can be together again. But we spoke every day like we were there for each other every day, regardless of the fact that we weren't officially together anymore, and always just open and transparent. And now we're in a position, obviously where I've seen him for the second time last night, was you know, the second time we've spent the night together. You're kidding, Yeah, yeah, So we've had to keep everything going by just text and call all day every day.
Speaker 7: I'm happy to give a bit of context because I think it's odd. I had some traumas from my childhood come up that I wasn't expecting to come up when I came off the show. I think I was sort of not doing my usual day to day things when I came off from that, you know, allowed a bit of space for things to come up that I didn't know. I was clearly sort of not wanting to deal with. But then happened, and I think she held me so tightly through that entire thing. It's sort of at the time that was like our sole focus was helping me heal from that situation. So there wasn't a point where any love was lost or it was like I don't like you or she doesn't like me. It was just I think it.
Speaker 8: Was more like, let's shift the focus from let's not focus on you and I as a couple, Let's focus on him as a person.
Speaker 1: We are chatting right now to Jed and Elisia for the Bachelors.
Speaker 5: As someone who is in a bachelor relationship off the show, Like the formula really can work and it can be a beautiful thing. What is next for you guys now now that you can be together, does it mean you're doing long distance?
Speaker 2: What does the relationship look like?
Speaker 7: I think right now it looks like us going out for dinner tonight for the first time and see how that goes.
Speaker 2: There'll be that's how that's going.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know. No, we're just excited, like we are very close. I think we've grown immensely throughout this and people would never sort of quite understand the extent of how deep I think, just how understanding of each other goes now. So for us, it feels like a fairly peaceful, relaxed thing, like, you.
Speaker 8: Know, not just taking a ring, just you know, to take a ring and all of that. I want to come off and be as real as possible.
Speaker 3: I would take ring. Yeah, if it was often to me, which it wasn't.
Speaker 6: Laura was telling you, Laura was saying before that, how much because Laura, obviously you're on the bat you with Maddie Ja, you got the ring, how much was it worth?
Speaker 1: You were telling us before we have it.
Speaker 5: To say, well, I think this one was around twenty five thousand. But I don't Okay, don't hold me to it now. I'm worried that Larcens is going to come for me. But okay, I heard a rumor if you didn't propose, you didn't get to keep the ring.
Speaker 2: This season? Is that true?
Speaker 7: Exactly?
Speaker 5: So I.
Speaker 7: Knew she was going to say no, But I knew if I could word it a certain way and quickly get out of it, I couldn't the gorgeous ring on episode, but I never got to tell her that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but I just thought I was. I'm like my getting punked here? Like have I been not speaking English for the last time?
Speaker 7: I wait?
Speaker 2: No, So, actually you're a very smart man, jed.
Speaker 6: Next up on the show, britt We're going to delve into your new relationship and ask the big question, aren't we.
Speaker 2: Laura, Yes, what the hell's happening?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Will it work? We'll do it. Next to the pick up.
Speaker 6: It's the pick up. Welcome everyone, brit Laura and Mitchiere. I head in the chemists warehouse and purchase any new ego qv Ceramid's product to go into the running to win a car.
Speaker 1: Yes, We've got a car. Competition ends twenty second of fair tease and see apply Now cue the romantic music. Laura Burn, We're excited for our gal, Brittany.
Speaker 5: Oh Britney, hardly look at that blushing, blossoming.
Speaker 2: Beautiful little face that's emanating love. Wow.
Speaker 1: That was passionate.
Speaker 5: I'm so confused as to you know, most people were pused by this romantic music because this is an overly.
Speaker 1: Oh do you want some what's the kind of relationship? Because I can get you light? So that is what your relationship?
Speaker 6: Well if you missed it, and you don't have to be Brittany has been a hopeless romantic for her entire life.
Speaker 5: Most people went away and had a Christmas break and Brittany went away and got a boyfriend.
Speaker 2: That's what happened on Britney's Christmas. I make the best.
Speaker 3: Christmas present you could have.
Speaker 5: I just vomited my mouth after the debrief that I just had. It sounds like this is a lot more fitting of the relationship that Brittany has at the moment. You know what she's saying, Okay, I have a few questions.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've got the music.
Speaker 6: I've got questions to because it's a long distance relationship, and it's the definition of a long distance relationship.
Speaker 1: The man is in the Nordics, for God's sake.
Speaker 2: He lives in Scotland.
Speaker 5: So Britta has just come home from her trip to Scotland now with a boyfriend who lives there.
Speaker 2: Not does it. He has a job there, his whole life is set up there.
Speaker 1: His parents are there.
Speaker 2: It's a whole.
Speaker 5: Long distance situation, which Brittany, in the past, you have done long distance situations.
Speaker 3: I have only done longstan situation.
Speaker 2: Just question, how have they worked out so far?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean another one, so none of them have worked out.
Speaker 4: I know what this looks like from the outside that I have commitment issues, and that is one hundred percent accurate.
Speaker 2: But I do have commitmenty shoes.
Speaker 4: I have always had commitment issues, so I've only ever committed to someone overseas. I have just decided at the end of last year that I'm done with the commitment shoes and I want to commit. So I have committed to someone over sex.
Speaker 2: Okay, so how is it going to work this time?
Speaker 1: Logistics?
Speaker 2: Also, you know what, what's that saying?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 5: Doing the same thing on repeat and expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity. How is this relationship going to be different?
Speaker 2: I I'm going to be.
Speaker 4: See you is for a minute, I think it's going to be different because I think he is different.
Speaker 1: Britt He's not different.
Speaker 3: You just have to take a chance and risk it for the biscuit, and I love a biscuit.
Speaker 4: I'm risking it and I'm i am jumping off that cliff.
Speaker 3: I'm taking a shot. It might not work out, but it also might. I have to know.
Speaker 6: Have you had the conversation with Ben? I'll be allowed to name him Ben yea, his name is Ben. Have you had the discussion about being in an open relationship maybe or being with other people in the break in between seeing each other.
Speaker 3: We actually did.
Speaker 4: We had that conversation, well iversation.
Speaker 2: I brought it up. What was the reaction to the potential of being open? Oh?
Speaker 3: It went down like a lead balloon. It did not go down well. He was like.
Speaker 4: Hard No, He's like what He's like, I'm not having a relationship with you, so you can have a relationship with someone else.
Speaker 3: I said, oh, I'm not asking to have it. I just thought I.
Speaker 2: Want to keep my options open.
Speaker 3: I was like, maybe we float.
Speaker 1: The idea and it sunk.
Speaker 3: It was it sunk like the Titanic. It was down.
Speaker 4: It was not Ago, which is I didn't actually want one. I just thought i'd put the you know, the vibes out to see what he was feeling. He is like all or nothing, you're we're together or we're not, And I.
Speaker 2: Do agree with that. Has he said I love you yet?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Have you set it back?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Wow? Can we say I told you so if it gets to that point or no?
Speaker 3: Not ideal? Okay, okay? And because I don't want those, we don't want these gotcha moments. If a relationship doesn't work out, that's very true.
Speaker 4: If a relationship doesn't work out, it doesn't mean failure, just means hey, two people dated just to test the waters.
Speaker 2: It didn't work.
Speaker 3: So if anyone comes and gots me you're dead, to me, listen.
Speaker 1: We're happy for your britt we are, but we still have our reservations. I'm still not sold that it's going to go.
Speaker 2: Fifty to fifty. We're happy, but we're all so petrified.
Speaker 6: Yeah exactly, So why don't we just put it out to Australia and get Australia's hot take. Have you been in a relationship a long distance relationship that has gone the distance, or have you been inyone that's failed miserably?
Speaker 4: Oh so we just watch my relationship in real life and see what happens.
Speaker 6: Boring, No, head to the pickup dot Com dot a you to win a five hundred dollars Canvas ware House gift card. To tell us your story. We'll get a on it anyway. That's that's done for the day.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Will And what are you up next? We'll see tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye guys,