Speaker 1: Come on in. Oh my god, we're here, We're on here. Hello. Hello.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna believe what I did.
Speaker 3: I nearly knocked a woman out with a bag of poop.
Speaker 2: Your own poo?
Speaker 1: Well, was it human feces or your dog, Delilah?
Speaker 3: No, So I was walking Delilah, and I get very distracted.
Speaker 2: She had a poop.
Speaker 3: I picked it up in the bag, tied in or not. Then you have to just walk with it until you get to a being.
Speaker 4: No brute, I've seen you, you tied in or not, and then you swing that thing around.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: I'm because I'm a real fidgur if you even when you look at me in the studio, I'm always moving my legs in a chair, I'm moving my hands.
Speaker 1: I talk my hands.
Speaker 2: I've always like feeling around.
Speaker 3: So I had this bag of poop and I was just walking down the street on the phone, like having a great day. And I was swinging the bag of poop around in circles like a windmill. And then it must have been a really solid poop.
Speaker 2: In there, because it burst out mid swing.
Speaker 3: It burst out the bottom of the poop bag and flung horizontally like straight across the footpath and missed a girl. But I'm not kidding about twenty mil, like two centimes.
Speaker 1: Imagine this poof right in front.
Speaker 3: She had to do that, you know, when you like jump back out of the way.
Speaker 2: She had to because I did a flying pop.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine an actual and Delilah's turds look like a man's poop. If that shit hit me in the back of the leg as I was walking and I turned around and it was from podcast radio star Brittany Hockey.
Speaker 1: Who threw a pool out me, I'd be suing.
Speaker 2: What if that's the headline? They think I'm throwing pooper people?
Speaker 5: It just flung out the back, you know, Laura how There's the pea jogger, there's the people that poo when they're walking, bris the poop rower.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Hocky the poo slinger, if you get him by.
Speaker 4: Alright, Well, there is a new t talk trend that has been sweeping the nation. A whole lot of parents have been cracking eggs on their toddlers heads.
Speaker 1: Oh these are so good, so dumb.
Speaker 4: This is really controversial, and no, I have a few.
Speaker 1: Feels about it.
Speaker 2: It is not good.
Speaker 1: Mitch Jury, Oh god, all right, Mama Burns coming out.
Speaker 5: Is she?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to be cross all right.
Speaker 1: Mums of Australia rally around Laura.
Speaker 5: Next we get our pitchforks the pick up thanks to Chemist's Warehouse heading today, Why don't you great savings every day? Hey, it's the pickup right around the country with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Here, rush into Chemists Warehouse and I mean that, don't walk. Rush for half price of vitamins and cosmetics, teas and seas. Apply chemist ware House Great savings every day?
Speaker 4: Now, Mitch, you are usually the one who brings a little TikTok trend to the pickup.
Speaker 1: As the gen z on the show. Yes, I'm young. I love a TikTok.
Speaker 4: I'm young and hot, and I am old and not as old, not hot old. Yeah, I'm in a little bit old. But maybe that's why I'm a bit cranky about this one. Okay, I've been on the TikTok recently. I've seen a trend that is going viral. It's going viral also on Instagram. Now you've heard of the egg crack trend.
Speaker 5: Oh, this is hilarious, Brett, you do love this. It's very funny. It's massive at the moment.
Speaker 2: I don't talk so okay, well, no, it's big on Instagram as well.
Speaker 4: Basically, these parents, so many parents are making videos where they will get their little kids, their toddlers mostly, and they'll say, oh, we're going to make some cupcakes together, We're going to crack some eggs. And then the little kids are so excited. They're standing there over the bowl and they'll go one, two, three, and then on the count of three, instead of cracking the eggs on the bowl, the parent turns around and cracks the egg right on the forehead of the toddlers. No, this is not a thing. It is not only is it a thing, it is so viral at the moment. So these egg cracking viral videos. There's been over six hundred and seventy million views on this trend at the moment, and some of those individual videos have been made have had over six million views individually.
Speaker 2: Like, it is such a trend.
Speaker 3: God, we're a bunch of sickos, aren't we.
Speaker 1: I sorry, I read the room wrong. I thought we're all laughing at this. Oh I'm not laughing.
Speaker 2: I think this is ridiculou. I think this is so bad.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's been some research that's come out and like, you know, some people are saying we could get everything.
Speaker 2: We've been researching egg cracking on toddlers.
Speaker 1: Heads the University of Cambridge.
Speaker 4: No, there's been expert, like a child welfare experts who come out and said, you know, your kids could get salmonella because obviously.
Speaker 5: Ya the skull dealing with raw eggs is really unhealthy for children.
Speaker 4: But you know what, I don't think that it's very likely that kids are going to get salmonella from this trick. But I think it is so cruel to be humiliating your children for content.
Speaker 2: And not only that. I know it's just an egg, but try cracking an egg on your skull. That hurts.
Speaker 4: And a little kid has such soft skin, they have such soft head and doing that to them would only hurt.
Speaker 2: How is any parent thinking this is okay.
Speaker 1: It's funny, it's a bit of fun.
Speaker 2: It's so funny.
Speaker 1: It's fine. No, but it's not funny. It's fun for the kids.
Speaker 2: It's not fun for them.
Speaker 5: They're not laughing the ones that I've seen the kids are laugh mean, if the kid is tormented by these eggs, go on there, then don't do it. But no, no, if I growing up, I mean I was thrown into a goddamn ceiling fan at the age of six months old.
Speaker 2: Look at what is wrong with you, Mitch. I'm sure it wasn't done on purpose.
Speaker 5: You think the ceiling fan turned me gay? That what you're trying to say, I would argue Producer Tony. You go to the fridge and you get a Lily Dale egg and I will throw it into my head.
Speaker 1: I don't count tell you that it's funny.
Speaker 4: I think it hurts, and if you're going to be so fine with it, I will crack an egg on your hand.
Speaker 1: Did you pull that?
Speaker 2: And you can well? Look, produce a Tony.
Speaker 4: Knew that this is where you were going to go with this, and she got it.
Speaker 1: That predictable you are? Yes, did I get on my knees.
Speaker 4: Get on your knees and let me crack an egg on your scalp. I honestly think that this is such a cruel thing.
Speaker 2: To do to your kid.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm moving over next to you. Are you ready? Yeah? But so, but you have to do it. You have to have the element of surprise.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's do it. Take my breath on account of one two.
Speaker 1: In his hair? Look at how low you absolute?
Speaker 3: I don't think it's supposed to putney you.
Speaker 1: Absolutely actually? Okay, Laura, Laura, absolutely you which let.
Speaker 2: Me explain.
Speaker 3: This is not a visual medium. Let me talk to listeners through. Laura has just cracked an egg in Mitch's lush's hair on his forehead.
Speaker 2: Even he missed, I missed his forehead.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get someone out.
Speaker 2: Look at the sides of his head. How did you miss that? It's a giant egg egg? All right, Mitch tell me this. Did you enjoy that? No, well, then we should stop.
Speaker 1: Doing a I retract my point.
Speaker 3: And that's that's the study we were talking about.
Speaker 2: It's in my mouth, it's all over my head.
Speaker 1: Moms of Australia stopped throwing eggs at people. We're back after these.
Speaker 5: I hate to pick up right around Australia, Laura and Mitch here thanks to chemists warehouse heading today great savings every single bloody day.
Speaker 3: We all know we're in a bit of an economical crisis. There are a lot of people struggling with a lot of things, particularly here in Australia. The cost of groceries and food is wild.
Speaker 1: I've got a petrol Like, we.
Speaker 3: Can walk into a supermarket now. I think I went to the supermarket the other day. I walked out with like what was just one bag, but like I had nothing in it and it was over one hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, is that that really expensive? Danish?
Speaker 5: Better than brit lives on marinetta, goats, cheese and cavia and lobster taale.
Speaker 3: I think we can all take a leaf. It should be pun intended, a leaf out of this couple's book. There's a couple in the US, Eric Lewis, he's forty one and Jess Russell is twenty six, and they have figured out a brilliant way to save money on their groceries. They only buy the bare minimum grocery.
Speaker 1: Fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how much do they spend?
Speaker 1: And Laurie, you've got kids, this's been really good tip for you.
Speaker 2: Oh, we spend so much money on food and my husband eats every.
Speaker 1: Much a week.
Speaker 3: They only spend They're spending like forty fifty bucks a week on grocery for two adults.
Speaker 2: So this is wild.
Speaker 3: What they are doing is foraging and eating roadkill. Oh oh wow, Yes, so they have decided that they call themselves foragers. They forage for like mushrooms and coconuts, avocados and berries.
Speaker 4: And foraging makes it sound really quite lovely, doesn't it. No scraping up road kill on the side of the road with a shovel. How does one check the freshness of such roadkill.
Speaker 3: Some of the protein that they go for they will rely on trapping wild hogs iuanas eggs from yeah, yeah, listen, wild hog. Well the road kill that they eat a deer because they say a carcass can provide up to one hundred pounds of meat. Possums, groundhogs, squirrel, turkey's ducks. They don't discriminate on the road kill.
Speaker 4: They absolutely should it as a whole entiety, they should start discriminating and looking at roadkill and thinking I probably shouldn't eat that.
Speaker 1: So discrimination of.
Speaker 5: The world in Narnia are they're eating swans and this is in Florida.
Speaker 3: Why don't even know the hat hoogs, the.
Speaker 1: Fry flamingo for dinner.
Speaker 4: I know that we've just come out of a really warm winter and global warming, maybe taking a hole, but eating grog kill seems like taking it a step too far.
Speaker 3: What would okay? So what would don't even think about this? Quick answer? You have to eat rog kill?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: What animal is it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: I got one easy springs to mind straight away. One bat kangaroo is lean. Oh and it's heaps off so many specif're driving to the snow now, one bat would be like one bad wo'd be nice to be like pork. I reckon fatty in a burrow. They're slow cook themselves.
Speaker 2: I don't okay.
Speaker 4: My issue that I have is there's no use by date on these animals. It's not like you're going down the side of the freeway and you're like, oh, that one's only been there for four hours.
Speaker 1: I think one kicks.
Speaker 2: It depends on how cold. Oh you think it's because they're.
Speaker 3: Stiff, floating stiffness, maggots, no flies that they start to smell off, go off. I reckon, it's got to be a road kill of four hours, would you pick? I reckon. A snake could be tasty, Oh yeah, nice protein or I don't know how much road kill this is, but maybe like a camel in terms of like practicality, like it's quite a lot of meat in there.
Speaker 4: This can't be true, and it's disgusting, and this I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Well, girls, turn around.
Speaker 5: Produced attorney has lined up a fresh possible bring.
Speaker 1: It in, some garlic. But I bring it in.
Speaker 5: Let's give it a go. Well anything, well, budgets are tied. It could be a good it could be a good sample.
Speaker 1: We should bring this in.
Speaker 4: And look, I know that things are stressful for a lot of people, but this is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Speaker 5: I've seen your kids of the road walking your around your house having seaweed, seaweed snacks.
Speaker 1: They'll eat possum. No, they probably would, probably would, probably would.
Speaker 2: I mean they eat dog foods.
Speaker 1: So whatever. The bars already very low.
Speaker 4: All right, well coming up, I reckon, I have seen the most ossiest of ossie things that there ever was to be seen.
Speaker 5: The honey badger carb Steve Irwin, you're kidding.
Speaker 1: Patty Newton writ a.
Speaker 4: Kangaroo doubles pluggers, guys, even ossier than that.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'll tell you all about it. All right, that's next. You're at the pickup.
Speaker 5: Hey, it's the pickup. Welcome back you Laura and Mitch here. Well, thanks to Chempis warehouse. Why don't your head in today you get great savings every day.
Speaker 4: We OSSI's do so many things that are truly odd, and I think we have our little own Aussie euphemisms. All right, So last weekend I was away on Maggie Island, which is probably the most aussy place in.
Speaker 2: All of Australia.
Speaker 1: Just shortened it magnetic.
Speaker 4: That's Maggie Island everyone, because I'm an aussy No, okay, Magnetic Island. If you've never been, let me describe what this place is like. It is caught in a time warp. It is truly fresh out of the eighties. There's no traffic lights on the whole island. It's just like it's so laid back. It's kind of like beautiful tropical. But I don't even know there koalas everywhere. It is just contact. When you're there, you know everything. It's just the most beautiful, laid back place to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems beautiful.
Speaker 4: There's a very small population of people who live on the island, maybe about two thousand people who actually lived there, but most people kind of come back and forth on the ferry from towns or mainland or it's there as a holiday place.
Speaker 2: And that's kind of it, right.
Speaker 4: I think crocodiles there, yeah, but only on one side and on one side of the island it's a tiger shark breeding ground as well, like it's a.
Speaker 2: Wild place to be there.
Speaker 4: Everything there's rock wallabies, like any Australian thing that you can think of is there on Maggie Island. And your dad, am I dad, because he is very ozzy. Here's the ossiest man through and through. Dad used to drag us camping as little kids and like, oh, fishing. He would take no food when we went camping and he'd be like, anything you catch, that's what you eat.
Speaker 2: It's we were seven.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, if that sets what that's like growing up with my doubt there wrestling the crocs yext.
Speaker 4: Okay, So we were we hid ourselves a little car and we were doing the cute little trip across the island and we were driving around. There's this one point on Maggie Island where there's a bit of a bend in the cliff right and right as we were coming around the bend, a tree had come down across the road.
Speaker 2: It must have only just happened a couple of minutes earlier.
Speaker 4: Very Australian of it, a very Australia was a gum tree as well. Yeah, now I think I saw the most fuzzy thing that has ever happened in my life. It was us in one car, me and my husband Matt in front of that. It was a woman in a ute and we both get out of the car because it's there's not many people around, there's no like emergency services, like, who do you call when you're in the middle of the island with no reception, Terry brn. No. We walk up to the tree and we're like, what are we gonna do? You can't drive around, it, can't go under it can't go over it. And the woman goes, ah, don't worry, loves oh like chainsaw in the boot and she walks across to the back of her ute and fair enough, she pulls back the tarp and there's a chainsaw and so she's in a pair of thongs and she walks over and she starts chopping up this tree and cutting up into little bits of pieces. And there's my beautiful city slicking husband and a pair of crocs dragging little tiny branches over to.
Speaker 1: The side of the road. Purple crocs did he had right?
Speaker 2: They're like lilac colored, soft lilac crocs.
Speaker 4: He's like, and he's dragging it across, and there's this woman who's wielding a chainsaw back and forth. And it was a moment where I sat there and I was like, Wow, this is truly emasculating for you.
Speaker 2: Matt, but I love you.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: I hope that was your internal monologue.
Speaker 1: You didn't say now loud?
Speaker 3: Did you know?
Speaker 4: He got in the car and said, I'm a true hero. I'm a true as a hero through and through.
Speaker 3: You know what he knows.
Speaker 2: You can't watch your lady.
Speaker 3: Chop down a tree for you and not know, you know, the things that happened on Maggie Island.
Speaker 5: Everyone stays, she said on the radio.
Speaker 1: Actually yeah. A couple of days later, all right, that's us done. You can podcast the show on iHeart.
Speaker 5: Just search the pick up pretty self explanatory and you'll get all of us and you can catch up and well, what are you standing by tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Babbee