Speaker 1: Got anything good.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm our show. We were HARKing back to the heydays of themed restaurants, but just a rio. I went to one over the weekend, Spitfire down near actually in rose Boden. Within years ago, when you were a kid, there used to be a lot more so here was a prime time for themed restaurants. Now it's not the thing.
Speaker 4: Confirming that Witches in Bridges, though, is still strong.
Speaker 3: We had quite a few notes about that. Now twenty four hours on Patsy, You've had to think. I've had a think, Jackie Boys had to think about actually some new ideas. So listener, you now become Mark Cuban in Shark Tank. All right, you started thinking would I invest in any of these new twenty twenty five we're bringing it back, the themed restaurant, Patsy, you'll go into the tank first of all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're going to want to invest in this because I've come up with this brilliant idea for a sex in the city thing, restaurant in the city.
Speaker 6: This would be fantastic.
Speaker 3: What's it called Sex and the City. You wouldn't get any licensing for that, Well, it's a global brand shut down. Within an hour, there'd be a cease and desist thing.
Speaker 6: But no, I listen to this. It would be great.
Speaker 5: I would have little intimate tables of four for you to take you and three of your best friends, and there'd be Cosmos on tap off.
Speaker 3: To one so lightly seat of like pints draft. You've got draft pipes of Cosmo. It's a great idea.
Speaker 6: Cosmopolitans.
Speaker 5: And then off one side you could get a money or a pity if you wanted. And then at the back there'd be a manalo blantic store to get some shoes and some bags.
Speaker 3: How wealthy do you think your customers are? About two thousand bucks a shoe, aren't they?
Speaker 5: It would be price shoe, one of those real estate somewhere in Colin Street.
Speaker 3: This has got to be toua.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can see it.
Speaker 3: You had me up until the over price shoes.
Speaker 4: They're are so domestic on Shark Tank as well, that they would say, and if every patron bought one pair of shoes, then by the end of the year you make fifty million dollars.
Speaker 3: However, Patsy, the actual core idea, I can imagine that being.
Speaker 5: Successful with yes, So can I have just got to come up with the name where I won't get suited sex not the city yeah maybe, well yeah, but it is in the city. If it was two rek, you could.
Speaker 3: Sex outside the city bank in the city ockering it. Oh wait, and a place where wait they've got Cosmo on draft isn't offering it. It's a high end joint. Well in a town that is footy mad? How come anyone hasn't come on the idea of combining the love of footy with the love of food. They have right now Fantasy food ball once more? Once more you see it a neon and go hang on a minute, there's a genius come up here combined two of the cities love food and foote to see foodball. So straight away when you're booking, they would ask you what team do you bear it for? Okay, then you'd be served by someone in your team's outfit.
Speaker 4: Oh that's good. But then do you see that same way to later like take off a shirt and put on.
Speaker 3: You'd have a designated so it's this your guy. So for me, he'd be the I'd be at the D's table and the menu would then be D's related the whole. Every item would be a D's thing for your team. Yes, you'd have Christian Petranca's ribs, Max Pawn's this good, This is good? Are you investing in the shark Tanknician?
Speaker 4: I am? I would go and to see food Ball, go to food Am I try and do this.
Speaker 3: This season is a pop up. You need a lot of stuff, don't you think now? Because some guy might have no one, no cats fans, it's just hiding at the bottom.
Speaker 4: Poor Goldhurst Wader doesn't get to do anything.
Speaker 3: Jackie boy, what's your idea for theme dress?
Speaker 4: Okay, this is going to sound familiar because I've pitched it before as a cinema idea.
Speaker 3: Where rehash rewarm leftovers.
Speaker 4: But a restaurant where all the weight is also a trained massuses so that while you're eating, they give you a shoulder message.
Speaker 6: Who wants a message?
Speaker 3: Is creepy creep giving me a shoulder rum? I'm trying to eat, you know my max problems. They're relaxing you, No some stranger you don't know when they're trying to chat to somebody?
Speaker 4: No no, no, okay, so you know, maybe in between courses, in between courses, tell you don't have to be what it's not.
Speaker 3: Why you're chats a guy giving her shoulder just going on my est once i'mming on top of it.
Speaker 4: But you've got somebody at the same time, so it doesn't it feels better.
Speaker 3: Again, This is a whole sex thing. It's worse in Patsy's idea.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Gold Wanted four point three Christian O'Connell's show. Now, I am shocked. I did not know about this that you can the there are storm making Saints.
Speaker 4: Yes, because Pope Francis, who's recovering from his double naemo, want to come back. One of the things he wanted to do if he was going to it looks like he's getting better. But when he thought he wouldn't make it was he wanted to rush from Saints through they keep making.
Speaker 3: What was it like when when Biden was like in his last day there was just partnering his old family and that shady son of his he rush rush them through. Oh, that chef I've had Rais has been amazing. Saint Saint Gary, Saint of like Blingingburgers. There's the barristow who's been making my morning coffee sent Keith.
Speaker 4: Well, Australia made a saint. I want to say, in the last fifteen twenty years.
Speaker 3: So do you need to be dead to be to become a saint? Yes?
Speaker 6: I think you do, don't you.
Speaker 3: I think you can only apply a couple of years after your death. Yeah, obviously someone on your behalf five years after you or did it paperwork and then you die?
Speaker 6: Is it five?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Five years after your death they start the canonization process. If you're picked, and what do you.
Speaker 3: Go to the post office and get the canonization form.
Speaker 4: I don't know how to actually do it. They like the Pope. The Pope has to he rubber Stanca definitely has.
Speaker 3: He got enough going on, like some sort of blessing the sick of the world without doing admin of all these flipping saint requests I'm getting every day.
Speaker 4: I remember with Mary McKillop, who's the Australian saint, and I think she's the only one we had to prove to the Pope at the time Benedict that she had done at least two miracles.
Speaker 3: That's why one miracle have that sainthood too? How do you prove them? Why?
Speaker 4: I don't know. That's why it's such a long proce.
Speaker 3: Hey listen, we've got some photos and it was sort of fire up the pampoint presentation now Benedict by the way, and second side here miracle. Look at this, she's walking on water on the garra right. It's incredible she would do water to Why what miracles? What miracles had she done?
Speaker 4: Do you remember personally?
Speaker 5: But apparently we've got a second saint, Eileen O'Connor. So the women are leading the plane.
Speaker 4: Oh, we do have a second saint apparently, or she she gets she's doing the.
Speaker 5: Process in the process has long been considered a saint waiting, but she's now taken a few official steps down the path.
Speaker 3: Surely it can't be the miracle thing. I surely it's just probably someone who did a good life of service.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, no, but it's got to be exceptional.
Speaker 4: But sat I think saint is what do you mean curing people of stuff?
Speaker 3: Yeah? How do you cure something?
Speaker 4: I thought Mary McKillop was like, oh, she cured somebody's cancer something like that, and that was one of the miracles that we had.
Speaker 3: Hang on, two producers behind you start pointing at you like he's correct, Yes, that's correct. What do you guys know?
Speaker 7: So she was required to do two miracles which involved scientifically inexplicitly recovering two Australian women from critical illnesses, including one from lukemi another one from inoperable lung cancer or curing it.
Speaker 4: Curing it?
Speaker 3: What would the power of prayer or touch or hands?
Speaker 7: I don't know, I assume so, but yeah, she that were those were the two miracles that she performed and that gave her sainthood.
Speaker 3: Wow, what at how many real? How many saints are there?
Speaker 4: There's over ten thousand, so a lot of miracles going on.
Speaker 3: So there are still saints being canonized in the modern times. Yeah, now are you saints?
Speaker 4: How many says a year?
Speaker 3: Do you reckon?
Speaker 4: They're doing well?
Speaker 3: Find out?
Speaker 2: During the news Pleaece make it Christian Connell Show podcast, one.
Speaker 3: Of the producers running and said, Patsy House got a pig story. If you need to go to her, you know, we've got fire. We are holding fire right now, guys, rest assured, do not touch that dial. We've got you carvered all right today? Have you got a store about a mix up? Might be the wrong venue or the right venue but just a wrong date. Some friends of mine were telling me over the weekend they went to the wrong funeral a couple of weeks ago, and it wasn't one of those where there was a photo and they were in the front row, like you were uninvited at my mother in law's funeral. It's the it's the it's the family, family, family, only in the front row. It's the people actually who are the next in line to be in the coffee. It's stretching that six and five frame out, nodding to me like how you doing now? You don't not like that at a funeral either. Hey, I see Jackie. Postman here, postman here, I see you at the way. Is there food? Can I validate my parking?
Speaker 4: I didn't get a chance to say hello to you before it started.
Speaker 3: Oh I saw you as they got up to do the ulogy, going my god, front row. I'm son in law one hundred percent on front row. Anyway, the mix up. My friends were in the front row at the funeral. It starts. And of course at the funeral, you don't keep looking around going hi, well Jack does, but other humans you don't turn around to check who's coming in and going thumb to doing that. We'll catch up later on. So there's heads down, being respectful to the person they thought they were paying their respects to, and about ten minutes in, they're nine chees going to going. They're saying, we're at the wrong funeral, and they waiting on the ten minutes to pluck up the courage because they're in the front row because it looks like you're coming. You know, I never liked this guy. I want no part of this funeral. I can't sit here and put up with this bs anymore. But they realized we're now really late for the actual actual funeral of the person we're really upset about, so they had to excuse me, excuse me, excuse me to head their way out. So we're looking for your stories about mix up. This morning. Yesterday, I was talking about how my wife and I were out for dinner and it was chaos at this restaurant, and the guy told me that they just had to fire the chef because, wait for this, he'd been caught for the third time eating the cake that guests had brought along for our birthday parties. And so it was the three who knew chefs had three strikes and no, I mean make your own cake. You know how to do it, mate, don't eat amateurs bringing shabbyly homemade cakes in as well. So unusual reasons you got fired.
Speaker 4: When I worked at the Melbourne Cup Carnival, which are busy, long days. There's only four days.
Speaker 6: I didn't know you were.
Speaker 3: I didn't I tell you what there were we going to say you if you're actually doing a lot of full days in him.
Speaker 6: Why did you have to do this?
Speaker 4: So we were running back of house, so you run food to the marquees so that all the fancy people will get the boys drink. So you're busy running back and forth all day. Can't afford to lose a team member. We had one guy get fired because he left midway through the day to get a haircut.
Speaker 3: You are kidding, and that person is on the shot right now, all right, unusual reason we're getting fired. And then you want to know why Patsy's prime with the pig story. Your pig stories, Patsy, what is it?
Speaker 5: Well, my mum grew up on a farm and they had pigs and one of the piglets got out and my pa so there was Mum's one of eight girls no boyes so, and because Mum was one of the eldest, par had called out to her, listen, can you come over help me get.
Speaker 6: This pig in.
Speaker 5: So anyway, Mum managed to usher it into its pen, and as my Pa opened the gate to let it in, he's sort of you know, got his foot in you go, and accidentally kicked the fence post and broke his toe. Anyway, he was so embarrassed about the fact that he'd broken his toe that when he went to the GP, he said that he'd like tripped over. Could not admit that he was trying to get the pig back into the pen.
Speaker 4: Which is I think it's calmer. I think he was trying to kick that pig.
Speaker 6: No, not at all.
Speaker 3: Wasn't like that, Thank you kin. Have you heard it? Have you heard it? It's what about potential animal cruelty? Anyway? Have you got a pig story? Also, how do we get the sound effect? This sounds like command is making pig noises into the producers? Is just a guy attending to me a pig, isn't it? Anyway, everything's ready, We just need your pig stories.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: We're looking for stories about mix ups and pig stories. Darcy, good morning, Good morning to you as well. How are you good, Darcy, welcome to the show. Thank you very much for calling us.
Speaker 8: That's okay, thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: Okay, please we need the pig story of course.
Speaker 8: So I grew up in a small country town and when I was about eleven or twelve, my best friend thought it would be a great idea to steal her mom's credit card and buy a teacup pig off eBay, or what she thought was a teacup pig. Sure enough, a few weeks later, when her mum had realized that credit card has been charged and the pig rocked up at the front door, everyone was a bit confused.
Speaker 3: Have just got the semester?
Speaker 9: Way?
Speaker 3: You said? The pig rocked up at the door like it was banging the door with its snout and went, hello, you've ordered me? I think bloody ages to get here. Trains are all screwed up, and to get one of those a place on bus services? Where's the sty.
Speaker 8: Pretty much how it happened, yeah, basically, but essentially the pig was not a teacup pig.
Speaker 3: It was a full grown natural pig.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, grew to be quite large in fact, and her mum ended up kicking her out into the back shed, which they converted because.
Speaker 3: That's a mistake these kids. After and the punishment my living in a start for a year, they.
Speaker 8: Converted it to her bedroom. Not too wrrious, okay, and she shared it with Albert the pig.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: The daughter really was kicked out.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a misunderstanding, but no. So she had to then live with the pig in the bedroom.
Speaker 8: She she did. She faced, really have.
Speaker 3: Got to face physically the pigs now face the book. Last thing is see it at night, first in the morning. Your mistake. Wow, that is some story. Maybe tomorrow we talk about extreme punishment. That is Darcy, great story. Thank you very much for sharing at the sworn. Let's get a Victoria now. Good morning, Victoria, Good morning, everybody. Good morning, Victual. Off you go. You've got a that about a mix up?
Speaker 1: Yes, I do so.
Speaker 10: It's probably about twenty five years ago, you know, back in the day of the knock your phone and from the very early in the morning, about six o'clock, my phone started ringing, and I was kidding, these very unusual calls and questions about myself. But these calls just kept coming all day long, so there could have been twenty or thirty calls. And what I discovered is that someone in another state had accidentally popped my number down for some special adult services. So I ended up getting these unusual, unusual calls.
Speaker 4: And so he's an honest mistake, not like not someone trying to prank for you.
Speaker 3: Is the idea of a prank, Watch watch out, passy if you're getting boughs. Jackie Boys done one of his hooker pranks again, I know, is that Christian man jacket?
Speaker 9: That guy I thought someone like that. This was back in the trading Post's what I discovered that someone, I mean, I imagine it's just popped one wrong digiting when the ad was placed and I got the call. So the lady which I would say, the lady of the day and not the lady of the night, because the calls were coming, you know, thinking past all day long.
Speaker 3: I've never heard the phrase a lady of the day. A woman of the night, yes, but not a lady of the day. These are obviously horny daytime people, you know, want a little mid morning to night.
Speaker 4: Six am is the first call.
Speaker 9: That's the news agency.
Speaker 3: It's like getting your work out him before work, isn't it.
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 9: Well, in the end I left me at the phone at the the on a desk in the office because everyone knew what was happening, and anyone, you know, was welcome to go and answer the phone as these people were just calling all day long.
Speaker 4: Did you have to change a number?
Speaker 9: Well, no, I guess I'm not quite sure how often the training post came out back then, but it did die off I suppose so. But yeah, I guess you lost out a lot of business I didn't want.
Speaker 3: All right, Victoria, thank you very much. The story very funny. Thanks for shoving anyway. Good morning, Debbie, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Hi, how you doing.
Speaker 3: I'm good. You got to still about a mix up, Debbie.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I had a big mix up. That was my cousin's big Macedonian wedding on the other side of town to where we lived. So we had quite a hike to get there, and I had my parents and brothers coming down from the country. So we're heading over in a big convoy. But it was daylight savings the night before, so instead of putting the crop forward.
Speaker 7: I put it back.
Speaker 1: So we ended up getting a call on the way to the wedding. Where are you? Where are you? Well, we're on our way. We're sort of halfway there there. Then they go, well, the ceremony is finished, it's over.
Speaker 3: Oh no, oh my god, that's a clock changed the wrong way as well.
Speaker 4: One thing, but now you've got a two hour because.
Speaker 3: You've got them. That's awful.
Speaker 1: I've got mom and dad follow me, and mind you, it was back before your mobile phones twenty years ago changed the time. So yeah, they're ringing and got mom and dad following me, the brothers after that, the big convoy to the wedding. So we finally we finally get there. We're meeting at a pub after the ceremony, and then before the reception. I walk in the pub and everyone's big Ben's here. Big Ben's here. So that's stuck for twenty years. I will never live that down.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's such a devastating. Now, no, you never for me once and then you arrived and they're now married, happily married, aren't they.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they're happily married.
Speaker 12: Yeah, big Ben, you don't chuck that around lightly, gotcha, all right, big Ben again, Debbie, thank you very much, the story mate, have a good day.
Speaker 1: Okay, you two, thanks bye bye.
Speaker 2: The Christian o'connall Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: Over the weekend. Patsy, do you have lot of candles in your home?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: We have heaps of candles?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: We are you the candle person? I am?
Speaker 6: I often burn one on a daily basis.
Speaker 3: I'm the counter person in my house. Right. I love candles, love scented ones. Anyway, I bought some the other week and they're are these big old, sort of fat ones that you might get in a crypto a Prince video care, really really big white thing for about six inches.
Speaker 6: We're talking a three wicker. Sorry, we're talking a three wicker.
Speaker 3: What's that? Then?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 6: Has it got three wicks in the top? Is it that big?
Speaker 3: You've got a couple of two wickers? Wicker? You got guys? Sort out?
Speaker 6: Do I need to triple barrel it up?
Speaker 10: Wow?
Speaker 3: We are three wicker. There's always levels of this life, isn't there? Anyway? So this this is a it is a big fat old candle.
Speaker 4: With your hands, you're doing like barrel.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, it's a great one. Okay, And it's got this really even wider wooden bass.
Speaker 4: So it's beautiful. It is that what you want to re impress him?
Speaker 3: It is? Yeah, yeah, yeah, and thought about that now, I wonder it's heavily discount have this fire bomb. I I blew it out and it took quite a lot of path from right. Seriously, God, it's like a whim half technique you got to do to try, dizzy, just trying, and then I wanted to move that came, but obviously I didn't realize that obviously with a big, fat, heavy, heavy, but also so much molten wax. That's the word. That's what I was, super molten. It's had so much hot wax. As I moved it, it fell into me and the hot wax went all over my trousers. Oh dear, yeah, and through yeah scolded me. However, Uh, there was some friends having dinner with us, and unfortunately, when I reappeared screaming, that was a rather unfortunate scene. There was hot, hot, gooey wax. Uh oh, my trousers down a thigh. Okay, Sadly, some childish comments were said, okay, because these people are not adults, and it did look avoid And what made it worse is it was hot and melty and running and I was screaming, screaming, and you're screaming. It's it's actually a lot of a scene. Look like someone put in a show just for having dinner.
Speaker 4: Okay, so what do you run yourself under a sink or the shower head? What did you do?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what I did. Actually I got in wearing the clothes. I just ran into the showers and Patsy, what would you advise? How am I going to get?
Speaker 4: These?
Speaker 3: Are my favorite? Change? Does anyone Everyone has their favorite pair of cheese, don't they?
Speaker 6: You know what I do? I'll tell you what you do.
Speaker 5: Whack them in the freezer, put them in the fret and put them in the freezer.
Speaker 3: When they freeze, will get solid.
Speaker 6: Yeah well yeah, but when you get it, get them out. It would be really easy.
Speaker 3: Just get a NiFe solid lakes of water.
Speaker 4: Are the wax there for good?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 5: Won no, no, no no, because it'll melt. The jeans will eventually melt. But put him in the frazer.
Speaker 3: Can melt in the freezer.
Speaker 4: Frost is what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 6: Put him in the frazer.
Speaker 3: So I just fold them up and shove them in the free.
Speaker 6: Shove them in the freezer for a day or two, and.
Speaker 3: Then what will actually what will happen?
Speaker 5: Then you just be able to pick and pick the I don't know what happens chemically, scientifically, but it works.
Speaker 3: Of this show. So put them in the freezer and then just pick it off. Yes, thank you, Pantcy. All right, what have you been covered in? That's the only way to do it.
Speaker 4: This is the logical. Next stay Jack.
Speaker 3: It's like evil can evil. You've got to red that throttle up and just go. Why does he want to jump over a canyon? Just watch? What have you been covered in? Hot wax? For me? What's it for you?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Can be Tuesday. On the show, we have to ask you you how's your Monday? Your Monday winner or loser. I'm a Monday winner today. So my twenty year old daughter, she came home unexpected to have dinner with my wife and I and this is a treat. Now, Okay, they come back. They come back like boomerangs. And so my daughter and I we cooked together. My wife from entering is in a new chapter of her life. She's gone back to college. She's at university and she's at the Trope. She's doing a master's degree, and so it means that right now I've lost my wife to studying and books. Yesterday, of course mate came around. It was so cute, like a couple of year twelve was and they were like their laptops. I don't understand this bit? Do you munder stand this bit? And I've got to say I was eavesdropping. You've had a spied on your own partner sometimes up to something and they don't do not chrissy, can you just not be around or something? So she's hitting the book. So I was doing dinner yesterday, so my twenty year old daughter and I were cooking together, and that was that's just so much fun. I love cook commudict we're making Yesterday I bought something called I've never had it in my life, but it was a chicken that I just had to shove in the oven. It was called a Tuscan chicken. So it was pre spiced to shove it in the in the oven for forty five minutes. And I noticed my wife said, are you right to take care of dinner tonight? I said, yeah, it's and I've got that. You hit the books, okay, And then she said, please, also, can you make a salad? And I was, no, one's grateful for a salad that you've made.
Speaker 4: I just have a tuscan chicken in the middle of the time.
Speaker 3: I was going to have some potatoes and a sauce, and that's a really nice dinner, okay. But anyway, so I was. I saw that we had some costs letters, and so I found myself googling zesty costs lettuce salad recipes, and guys, I've got to say, I made my I don't think I've only ever made about three salads in my lifetime.
Speaker 4: Why was that watery? Remember you made it watery? Salad? So water?
Speaker 3: I made improvise in the kitchen. I'm more jazz than classical arrangements. I made a salad. The kids still talk about it now. Right, one of their friends was around and my kids were, God, this is disgusting. And this kid went, what's in this? Blueberries? Olive oil, and kettle chips, lettuce, cheese, right, and then may he's on top salt and pepper. Again. If you haven't got a pen, I'll put this up online on our Facebook page, because you want to make this basically juicy blueberry mulch. It was all runny and just horrible soggy. You gotta sell it a child, child around what Quite a few people said, like a child might do? All right? So then I made this. I found the salad recipe yesterday so good. People had seconds. Okay, this salad so good. I've made the leftover so this morning. Soon as today's show is done, I've got a nice leftover chicken Tuscan chicken salad recipe. All right, guys. Cost Lettuce also had lemon, two lemons juiced, and the zest of those lemons. Okay, another google on church gpt what is lemon zest? So you know you get the and you great only the yellow bit, not the white. That's it. Yeah, and you've got to get a very fine greater to do there. Okay, Then you add olive oil. Then he had the salt and pepper. But here's the game changer. A cup of grated parmesan. Oh yeahs altogether with that lemon, that parmesan and that olive and the salt and pepper. Oh my god, that is a great ass salad.
Speaker 4: See what you can do with basic ingredients rather than throwing blueberries, kettle chips.
Speaker 6: Anything from the peantry.
Speaker 3: Basically, tonight, I'm actually going to google zesty recipes involving blueberries.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Jack Post has arrived on the show today. A world of pain because you are in the world that I've been in for the last six months. In our pantry, you have resident weevil?
Speaker 4: Do you still have weavels?
Speaker 3: They? I reckon, We've gone full Trump on them. There's been a mass deportation. I'm swatting them in the middle of the night and marched them out there. Ninety of them have been dealt with well.
Speaker 4: I said to my wife, I said, you know where this is from. O'Connell.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I bought them in to the studio.
Speaker 4: Some of them jump backa knits.
Speaker 3: You're sorry. I've taken them from bay side and now you've moved them.
Speaker 4: So we're day one, which yesterday was all and everything, brains, tear.
Speaker 3: Seeds, almost nuts.
Speaker 4: That your boy, thankfully.
Speaker 3: That yeah, you're right. The rice and the pasta all has to go.
Speaker 4: And when I was doing so, I was opening up every bag and I was like, no, this one's fine, Like no, you gotta really get in.
Speaker 3: This was literally the conversation with my wife and I, so much so that my wife googled the difference between male and female optic nerves because she's like, I don't see how you can't see this. She goes, this is your idea of looking at stuff. It's like a surface level quick side to side because you've got to really pair in there.
Speaker 4: But I didn't know they were so tiny. Microscally yeah, microscopic. I don't know the size of a fly. And we'd go, well, there's one there, but there that's an affect. These are tiny, tiny little things. So you're most smaller than a pinhead.
Speaker 3: You literally rub rub between thumb and four finger. You can take out about four or five of them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you could be aiding them and diet really yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where we were. That's the thing. They get into your food and once you know, and so if you got those jars now that are seilable, because if you don't put it on one hundred percent, those sealable jars we all have, they get in there.
Speaker 4: We so small we had them in the sealable jars. I guess how are syllable enough?
Speaker 3: No, so what happens. Then my wife has become some kind of jar warden where in the middle of a TV she go, oh my god, this is you have not sealed this correctly. You remember watching White Lotus and are made to go and confront my crime in the pantry. Come in here. This is you opening up the ormonds and it's ninety eight percent sealed. But they're so small, they're getting the tiniest millimeters imagine.
Speaker 4: So what else do we have to do? We took every track traps.
Speaker 3: I've got photos of how these traps work that my wife sendenly throughout the day. It's our kind of sex thing. These traps are kind of like all sided sticky. It's a triangle and on the base is this real sticky stick stuff? Okay? And it they love the sticky stick stuff. They must think it's like toffee or syrup. But wait, guys, it's a trap, okay. And so it collects hundreds of them.
Speaker 4: Oh but doesn't that make you think that there's one hundreds summary But rather.
Speaker 3: That than it draws them all out. They're already in there. So you need the traps. You get them from Bunnings and then do.
Speaker 4: We is it safe? To start putting stuff back in the pantry.
Speaker 3: To make sure it's sealed up real tight. It's like a submarine in that you've got to do all the all the windows and pork culluses have got to be sealed up in there.
Speaker 4: So yes, that was actually googling what are the best sealed, the most sealed.
Speaker 3: Get yourself down to kmart, get those anchor. Patsy's your woman asks Patsy.
Speaker 6: Yes, lots to choose from.
Speaker 3: I bet you don't have never had a weavil problem.
Speaker 6: Pats touchwood? No, I haven't touch Please do you need a job?
Speaker 3: People do this move where they go? They touch the head, don't they touch?
Speaker 4: We have know what we're looking at getting is those real old people jars, yes, glass and then they have a middle class.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, really like class. Yes, you want to protect that past, don't you sail the past?
Speaker 4: Because they were getting into the seals that we had, they were getting there.
Speaker 3: What we had were those sort of you know, the cheap o' plastic one lastic ones with that little sort of stopper. Yeah, they can get because you probably see it correctly, iron a rush. When I'm going there, we'll still leave like a little tiny air gap in there, which now you've got to really hammer it down with your fist budding on there. So yeah, go to Buddings today and get the triangular traps.
Speaker 4: I can't believe this has been a six month problem.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's a nightmare that they really don't want to leave either because they found like a constant food source.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well they have a whole society in there.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, you've got to get tough on them, Jackie boy, get the traps.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Have all the roomors in your house? I reckon the pantry. You talk more about pantry organization and main and I think any other room in.
Speaker 4: The house's favorite thing? Do you still use Pinterest ever?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, my wife, Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 4: Favorite thing on Pinterest is well organized.
Speaker 3: To my wife. Yeah, it's like a kind of pawn to my wife. She go, now look at this, Chris. Doesn't it make you feel internally relaxed when you look at that. I'm like, not really, It's like the effort that would take to keep it like that makes you feel really stressed. Behind that, there's some guy being shouted at, but he can't ever live up to that image.
Speaker 4: I can't believe how expensive these latchable jars are that we need to keep them.
Speaker 3: So you're talking about the glass ones with a metallic clasp.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they have a seal underneath the lids so that the air tight. You put those underwater and no water would drip in. But if you're going to do your whole pantry like that, pasta's rice, grain seeds, nuts, cheer seeds, it.
Speaker 3: Costs you too much money.
Speaker 4: It's going to be cheer seeds. I bought a five kilogram bags.
Speaker 3: You actually need an intervention. Even if you had a million separate cheer seeds tops that ways throw undred grams. What were you worried about? No one wants your cheer seats. Okay, they're widely available in every supermarket. Eggs shortage, yeah, cheer seeds. Yeah, there's tons of matter yourself.
Speaker 4: Mate is so expensive though, so you have to buy and bulk to Really what.
Speaker 3: You do with them? Are you making them into an unpleasant breakfast for somebody?
Speaker 4: I have them fo breakfast this morning.
Speaker 3: It's not the stuff you chuck in that shake, is it.
Speaker 4: They're in nice smoothie. I had them on Greek yoga this morning are they superfood?
Speaker 3: They are? They are?
Speaker 2: They?
Speaker 3: They were? Because I got into cheers seas a couple years ago because there was an Instagram adver and it simply says foods food of the Aztec gods. And I was like, that's me. I am one of the modern ass tech gods. Whatever the az Tech gods had, and I need.
Speaker 4: The Aztecs were healthy and.
Speaker 3: Also super productive. Look are all those buildings, the pyramids to temples. You know that's I need the diet of the ASTech gods. And you, obviously and now getting the foods of the Aztecians.
Speaker 4: So I opened the five kilo grand bag of cheer seeds. I didn't want to admit there was weavels in there, so I said it.
Speaker 3: Was all, no, you're harboring weavils.
Speaker 4: I guess I was trying to get your a weavil harbor because I couldn't see them. But Bankie said, the other thing you have to do.
Speaker 3: Don't worry. They soon leave those cheer seeds when they work out the zero nutritional value. Guys, guys, get out of it empty calories.
Speaker 4: Did you also look for invisible Webbing said?
Speaker 3: What you know?
Speaker 4: Yeah, is the weavils leave some invisible webbing. So if there's cheer seeds on the side of the bag or hanging from the top, you know that weavels have been in there. And I tried to say that's just static electricity holding them.
Speaker 3: You're now lying to harbor the know.
Speaker 4: How hard it was to throw away that bag.
Speaker 3: I don't even where did you even go and get a five kilo band the dark web? You've got to shut the sell down, Patsy, are you a Monday. Well, by the way, the traps when you get them shorts, the ones that have got pheromone also on them, so yeah, yeah, yeah, it sounds a bit crazy. So they're like they don't know quite what's going on. They go into tramp. It's been tainted with a very pleasing pheromone.
Speaker 4: Did you freeze anything because another thing online was saying you can put your cheer seeds, say in the freeze.
Speaker 3: Don't worry about the So you're talking about like it's your oxygen supply, your your your fertilized eggs. Let the cheer seeds go. It must have cost you eight bucks to get their special hipster cheer seeds, aren't they They've beend of cashew nuts in the day, right, And it was that and some milk, and then there he goes, that's thirty thirty two dollars, and I went, oh, there must have been a mistake. This is just two liters of milk and some cashew nuts. She goes, No, these cashw nuts are twenty two bucks. I don't want them. And I went, how are they twenty two dollars? And it was it was about not even six inches high, this chant she has, no, these are special activated ones. Wait, I'll have the unactivated on my stomach. Wait to activate them. I jump up and down when I'm having these special bits. Perhaps, are you a Monday win or a loser? Mate?
Speaker 5: I am a loser because I ordered something for my mum online at Christmas time. We gave her a coloring book just for mindfulness, and she absolutely loves it and a beautiful set of pencils. I reckon, She's used like half the lead in the pencil. She is going hard at this book.
Speaker 4: The book.
Speaker 5: It's like we got her a Native Flowers one and she loves it and she just sits there for hours. Anyway, She's got like two pages left.
Speaker 3: She said to me, Oh my god, it's such a lovely pleasing.
Speaker 6: Image of the coloring in She really has taken to it anyway.
Speaker 5: She said, listen, I've burned through this book. Can you please order me another one? I said, you know, worries excuse me? So I just googled adult coloring books because they're actually quite hard to get.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 3: Wow, what's this man doing to that lady in this one? I think gardening? Is he that bent over doing some trowel work?
Speaker 6: It arrived yesterday.
Speaker 3: What's happening down this anyway with these guys?
Speaker 5: It arrived yesterday and I got a very panicked phone call from my mother.
Speaker 6: My eighty one.
Speaker 3: Can you get me another tenor of these? I've both put all the lead in my pencil.
Speaker 6: She goes, what have you sent me? And I said, oh, it's there. Don't you love online shopping?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 6: Twenty four hours later got it. I just sent it straight to her.
Speaker 3: She'd some watch that she'ld be getting all those kind of one of those adverts targeted ads offering your mum all kinds of toys.
Speaker 5: She said, what you've done is you've sent me some soft porn. And I said, Mom, come off, and she said, no, it's very compromising, this coloring book deal toy?
Speaker 3: Is it? Without going to too much? She does, what is it?
Speaker 13: Is it?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 3: Position base, it's a bit of yes, some strategy.
Speaker 6: And a few excited bodybits.
Speaker 5: And I said, no, you're joking, and she said, I'm serious, And she said, what will they say it at probus when I take that go and have coffee this week?
Speaker 3: He doesn't never take it along. Look at this, ladies, You ever tried this one, the old iron lotus?
Speaker 4: So what did the frank when you put it in your shopping cart? What did the front cover have on it?
Speaker 5: Well, it just had like a photo of a beautiful woman, you know, very artistically no no, no artistic with you know, she might have been naked, but she had this beautiful long hand.
Speaker 3: You're seeing unity. You're gonna is saying this is what's inside, you know, like.
Speaker 4: The lady in the clamshell. I guess, yes, being mistaken that it was.
Speaker 3: You're right, the lord of classical artists. They have scantily ca yeah, artists.
Speaker 5: And I might have been doing three things at the same time. I might have been helping Audrey with the homework and talking to Chris at the same time and telling.
Speaker 3: The doors some of those images. They were doing three things at the same time.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell s gone podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, so this morning we're looking for your stories about piffing. Piffing in cause you don't know what the word means. It's a great word. To piff something is to throw something. Maybe you threw something at somebody or somebody threw something at you. This happened last week. I was having a delicious apple in the middle of the afternoon when there's nice crisp ones, you know, and it has this nice acidity to it, right and after its I looked at the apple and I thought, I can't bother to go and put this in a bent. Why didn't I open the front door of my house. God not going on at the moment. I don't open the front door my house and just piff this into the hedge. I thought I might get some cathartic release. Anyway, the shot wasn't that great, and it went over the hedge and into the oncoming path of Mark, a retired guy who was down the road. It was just innocently walking his dog, and so I saw it. You know when you just go oh, God, that's going towards that man. And I went apple, which is in any way an understandable phrase. And everyone knows the drill. Kids. If you ever here's someone yell apple. Someone has piffed an apple for no good reason in the middle of the afternoon.
Speaker 4: As I calling four in a gold Corps.
Speaker 3: Marco apple and then I had to jog over and pick up my apple car and he went, why do you throw that? I went, it's going to throw it in the head. The explanation isn't really an explanation. So who piffed?
Speaker 9: Who?
Speaker 2: Who piff? Who?
Speaker 3: Who piff?
Speaker 7: Who?
Speaker 3: Did you piff something?
Speaker 2: Or was it piff?
Speaker 3: Dang you we're looking for Your story is now of piffage. Great email over the weekend from Jodah and Christian regarding a story about the Apple Core incident. I have a story that I witnessed at Melbourne Zoo. I was with my family at the gorilla exhibition. There was a big group of us watching a large gorilla going about his business. As we were viewing him, he stopped. It appeared to be viewing all of us scratching around in the dirt and grass in front of him. He then became quite active and stood up, run across the enclosure and held a clod of mud, not unlike a cricketer at the crowd. There was a man in the crowd, taller than most and bald. The gorilla loved the clod of mud, and it landed on this man's head perfectly, like a wig, like a two page. Everybody was incredulous and looking round at the now not bald man. Everyone just started loving. That's the only way to the spot, isn't it. I believe there's I'm with you anyway. Oh my god, look at that slamped over there. This we fu Christian. He treated us as the exhibit rather than the other way around. He piffed a wig, a mud wig, and a board man. That comes from. What a thing to see. If you've been lucky enough to see some of that, you never unsee it. Even on a tough day. You can just recall that memory of a gorilla and it landed perfectly on a board man's head. Jack, you've got a piffage story.
Speaker 4: I've still got to fix a piffing gone wrong from months ago. Now would have been last year that I was cleaning up Lunar's dog poo's in the backyard in one of the dog bags.
Speaker 3: Oh well you stopped asking dad to come around and do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was doing it like I've grown up doing it. And I thought, instead of walking up to the bin to put it in, why did I throw it down the driveway and then it'll be there next time I go.
Speaker 3: It would just be in the general area, like a shot put or something.
Speaker 4: So from the backyard, I piffed it down the driveway, but gave it too much of an underarm. And it's on the roof.
Speaker 3: Oh no, not finger on the roofs. You got turn on the roof.
Speaker 4: It's closed on the roof, visible from the Eventually I gotta go.
Speaker 3: It's so confusing if I walk past house like so, it's the dog up on the roof with its owner and they were responsible, and he's put it in the bag. Just thought someone will pick this up. But so I get around to it. You just say this last year, I'll be one of those fluffy ones. They get all fluffy. How can you sleep at night?
Speaker 2: Christian Connell Show podcast looking for.
Speaker 3: Your piffed stories? Come on into Lucy Lang. My mother in law lobs a whole cake out of the window. This story is so can I get the rage? My mother in law lobed a whole cake out the window after baking it because my father in law, her husband didn't want any because he was too full, So she threw the whole thing out the window, and then she got even angrier because she hadn't saved us out a peace. Sometimes the person we hurt the most is ourselves. Tracy, my great Dane's tail piffed absolutely everything off my coffee table once, include my great grandmother's favorite porcelain duck Abby I piff like I've never before, a hot dog from the grandstand, and an umpire in the late eighties, still the most terrible I've ever seen in a game. Let it go, Abby, Shane Christian, I've been on a long haul flight just landed. Whilst waiting to dplane right in that phrase of what a deep plane cabin doors check, I opened the chocolate muffin they'd given out as a small breakfast. I opened it a lot too hard and aggressively, because it got piffed across the plane and hit another passenger about eight ropes away in the head. Come Ours at a theme park in Queensland, and a small group of visitors who are being showing how to throw a native wooden spear at a haybell. Christian was the first to throw, much to my horror, my spear. So what are you thinking letting untrained people with spearce My spare somehow hit the bell, bounced backwards and struck the length. The person next to me thankfully bounced off the bell kind of sideways and lost a little momentum, so didn't seriously injo the person at all. This is a flesh wound. Shit be right, and the group were understandably shocked. Let's take some calls now you're stories Brad, good morning.
Speaker 11: Hello. Yeah, I was up at my whaler and we're at the local school fair and the dunk machine was there. Brendan Favala was on the dunk machine and all the little kiddies were having to go trying to knock him in. But one kid hit the disc, but the tennis ports didn't hit it hard enough to put him in, and the balls rolled out through the crowd. I was about twenty meters away on an angle, picked it up through it. One in one hundred shot hit the disk. He went in the crowd. Erupts and he come out and he's like, oh, you didn't pay, And I went up and put put ten bucks in.
Speaker 3: What a great story. I love the way you called the game as well as a cricket commentary.
Speaker 11: It was the best ten bucks I've ever spent.
Speaker 3: A dream shot as well. Well done, Brad, Brad, thank you very much for story mate, very funny. Have a good day you two. Brook. Good morning, Brook, Good morning. Okay, so what's your piffing story for us this morning?
Speaker 13: It was just this Saturday, just going on the weekend. I was taking my son into soccer training and he was eating a nectarine. I just made a freshly brewed cup of tea and my team is huge and it's sitting in the middle console. Jack eating his nectarine, put it, left half of it and said here, what should I do with this? And I said just throw it out the window. So he went round down the window the whole way, gifted as hard as he could, and I hit the inside of the car just above the window frame, rebound into my cup of tea.
Speaker 4: I think it's a lesson for you both.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the amount of my discarded nectarines, you see after Saturday morning sport around where I lived, where it's other parents. It's just check out on the streets here.
Speaker 13: Very nice.
Speaker 3: There's just a wash of them around some near ovals and public spaces and that discarded nectaries. Yeah, all right, listen Brook, thank you very much. The story. Let's go to Sue. Now, Good morning, Sue. Why how are you? We're good Sue? Sue who piffed two?
Speaker 14: I piffed a raw sausage over two backyards onto someone's garage roof.
Speaker 8: And when I went around to.
Speaker 14: Sort of say sorry, they laughed about it. And we've been best friends for over thirty years.
Speaker 3: Now, what's a great story. Maybe tomorrow we do How did you meet your friend? What do you actually say? So, hey, sorry, there's a my sausage is on your roof.
Speaker 14: There was a carpoard actually, and they were having this family do in the carport and they heard the sausage and we kind of went around rather embarrassed and said, yeah, sorry, that was me.
Speaker 9: But we all laughed and yeah, she's my best friend.
Speaker 4: Why did you throw it?
Speaker 14: I had another person with me and she dared me to do it.
Speaker 4: That's christians Apple.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why, there's no explanation that's actually possible. Why you did it?
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 3: Patsy, please tell everyone the insane scene that your husband, Chris the Warribee love God, was involved in yesterday.
Speaker 6: Can I just start this by saying, I am so glad I was not in the car at the time.
Speaker 5: So we picked up Audrey after school. Got in the car or read faced and hot, sweaty. She'd had sport. Chris said, you know what, let's.
Speaker 6: Go and get a nice cream for a treat after school.
Speaker 3: That's one of those things I used to say, right, was a treat for day. And it was only when that became teenagers that went this is actually just for you a little bit dad under.
Speaker 5: The guys being so anyway, they go through, go to Mecca, she wanted. She loves an Oreo mcflurry.
Speaker 3: It's so good. Yeah, smash what right now?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 6: Pulls up to Meccas. Can we please have an two Oreo flurries, no worries.
Speaker 5: Come through to the drive, you know the pay window. They pull up and then unfortunately they must have had a run on Oreos yesterday because the staffer said, oh, I'm sorry, I've just realized we've run out of oreos. But you know, do you want smart m and ms or whatever they have?
Speaker 4: Oh, no, you've angered the hulk.
Speaker 3: On. Once you're bought, you tell you what I'm getting it. I've ordered it. It starts to produce, so I think the chemicals to break it down. It's start to look forward to you actually salivating, but only for that specific thing.
Speaker 5: Anyway, she didn't want anything else, and Chris said, well, you know, do you want like a thick shake or something like? Do you want something else? She said, I really doubt I really don't, And so he thought, ah, and he said, look, I'm so sorry. I don't think we'll have anything. So instead of like just going straight through the drive through, he, in his wisdom yep, decides.
Speaker 3: To reverse the office. This is I've never heard of this. Honestly, it shouldn't be illegal, shouldn't it. It should be just manners an etiquette.
Speaker 4: You don't go back go backwards in one way flow through through through drive through.
Speaker 6: You can't go backwards in the s bend.
Speaker 4: You have to go back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know they have to take my money.
Speaker 6: So everyone behind them had.
Speaker 9: To read that.
Speaker 6: Solid No, it's not drive through an.
Speaker 4: It's like physically, yes, this is so.
Speaker 3: The only way through, say life, the only way through is through, yes, one way.
Speaker 6: You don't back up, or at least just have a just have something for the stuff.
Speaker 3: You're right, just to keep it all going and are still trocking. You get the you get the Sunday, you get to cool down, you don't start. Let's get us out of here hard. It's a hard reverse out there as well. Sometimes they're very narrow those but they're really really narrow as well.
Speaker 6: Drey said he had, you know, light the hand on the back of the passenger.
Speaker 3: Heah, yeah, you've got it. You've got to do this. It should be part of a driving test.
Speaker 2: I think. Actually, Christian O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 3: Time for Today's time waster, Today's time waster. We're looking for your Zoo movies. I don't know where you got this from. Where is this cobble together? From producer Rio, This is not legit content. Top five twenty twenty five Zoo Animal power rankings according to zoo chat dot com.
Speaker 4: What a power ranking should mean?
Speaker 3: I know we have it in sport, the power rankings, you know from all the coaches and former players how do they get a power ranking?
Speaker 4: It's like a trending animal. What annimals hot at the moment? What animal's in for a big twenty twenty five?
Speaker 3: But based on what what are they doing? Like a WhatsApp group?
Speaker 4: No, it's just like based on popularity and popularity data data. They're just crunching the numbers, the algorithms. Yeah, it's like it's like fashion trends. What's going to be hot in twenty twenty five? What's dress? What skirt? What animal at the zoo? I reckon gorillas are big in twenty five?
Speaker 3: No, not on the list Ice cold, my friend not hot?
Speaker 6: No say elephants because they're no, not on the.
Speaker 3: Top five power ranking. Sorry guys, power up.
Speaker 6: Lions bang number one, King of the Jungle number one?
Speaker 3: What else is in the top five of the top five twenty twenty five zoo animal power rankings according to Zoo's Never Heard Them zoo chat dot com.
Speaker 6: I reckon meerkats.
Speaker 3: They're cute, so twenty twenty makee way hot new engine number five the common otter.
Speaker 4: I do like an animal?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they cuddle, don't they in the water.
Speaker 4: It's quite cute and they hold hands to sleep yeah.
Speaker 3: And number four monkeys solid, dependable stink it is. You're almost saying this isn't legit content, but no, you're not at three coolers.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, of course.
Speaker 4: What's wrong with the col Why why are you turn your nose up at the collar.
Speaker 3: It doesn't do enough? Blinky eyed in that tree, with a fussy diet, eucalypse and then spending sex diseases what he wanted to do. Well, you come from a year away, clean out, like a good British lion, you know, clean British. The Manish lines up there tra valgar square, British lines. Churchill it used to ride that lion, ride that line around ten, comeing up with a new stratchery, used to take on Hitler drafts at number two draft and they should be above colors born on cords. Sleepy in that tree. He doesn't want to do the animal hand today. They're a little bit sleepy up in net.
Speaker 4: That makes them rare, that's what makes them so lucive.
Speaker 3: Rubbish rubbish, all right. Today we're looking for zoo movies. Drew Barrymore loves hairy men. She does. In fact fifty first Primates Silver Detroit, CrOx City Gold, Seals of Dreams Silver and Breakfast Cub Cute Little Cub Breakfast silver plus. All right, Jackie boy Zoo movies? Were they watching at the zoo Gurraffic Park? That's very good gold, Koala Land rubbish because of the minus bronze minus bronze make it extinct? You ready to mark jack Let's go okay. A man called Otter Gold straining out power rankings Will and Carnee Gurraffic Park similar to mine Bronze School of Kuakers Silver. I don't mike Otter People's money. A lot of otter ones coming in silver, obviously, just adjusting everything with the new news about the power op in Hyena Gold. Bohemian Raptor z Raptors throw Mamazette from the train Gold, BMX Bandicoots Gold plas well done. One eater, very good that one BMX Bandicoots Meet the Crockers Gold. That's the Australian version, isn't it straight? Otter Compton Gold. That's one Beck clockwork Orango tongues Silver. I'm Richard Raiders of the Lost Ardvark SILVERA Weekend by Boonese Gold. Who's that Nathan? Well done? Face sloth in seat of face off Gold, it's very funny actony. That's really funny. Face loth
Speaker 2: Christian Connell Show podcast