Speaker 1: Laura, come on end of the week.
Speaker 2: It's Friday.
Speaker 1: Hi, we made it all the way here. It's Friday. Ye, Mitch, I have a question for you. You're doing something fun after the show today, like bowling?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, real funny because I'm in a bowling shirt. Very funny.
Speaker 3: It's a really it looks like something Kramer from Siinfield would wear.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot of guys. That's so nice.
Speaker 4: Okay, because Cremer is a very lovable it's a true character.
Speaker 2: We're heading into the weekend. Let's have some fun. It's not bully met.
Speaker 1: Are we doing anything fun on the weekend?
Speaker 2: Are you going to sell a house after this?
Speaker 1: We've got a blazer on. We're a blazer like four times a week.
Speaker 2: There's Laura Burn stuck in a house with twelve cats with their cardigan.
Speaker 1: Laura loves a card No, I do you know what I do? Look exactly dressed to the part.
Speaker 3: I'm taking care of my children all by myself this weekend because my hubby is away.
Speaker 2: Well that's what your channel.
Speaker 1: He's left me with the kid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I'm going to stay with my mum where we're picking up that vibe. The cat is actually stuck to your back anyway. I've got a new phenomenon taking over Australian guys. It's called hot bedding and.
Speaker 1: Ozzie's asleeping with strangers. I'm gonna tell you about it. I'm break It sounds like my twenties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right here at the pickup all thanks to chemist Warehouse heading today great savings every day, Happy Friday. It is the pick Up Friday with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Here right now you can try the new Fragrance DC ten Sport one hundred meals by Dan Carter, new and exclusive to Chemist's Warehouse, So just forty nine to ninety nine.
Speaker 4: There is a new phenomenon sweeping Australian shaws, which I feel like this is something you could get on board with or in bed with.
Speaker 1: It's what Ozzie's are doing to save money.
Speaker 4: It's called hot bedding. There's a woman, Monique Jeremiah. She was in a relationship with a boyfriend. They decided to split it up. COVID happened, cost of living went up, and they decided instead of splitting, they would just stay friends and maybe they could be roommates together. But they took it a step further and instead of being roommates, they decided to share a bed to save.
Speaker 1: Even more money.
Speaker 4: Hang on, don't you say no when I'm telling the.
Speaker 1: Story, I'm already poopooing this.
Speaker 4: So they decided to share beds completely platonically, purely to save money. They went about their own lives, they had different schedules. All they did was use this shared bed to sleep. Now, hang on, Monique charged her ex boyfriend, now friend, now bed sharer one hundred and seventy dollars a week to sleep in the bed, so it helped her pay the rent he saved. I'm sorry, he's the winner in this situation.
Speaker 2: He saved so.
Speaker 4: Much money because he didn't pay bills.
Speaker 1: Didn't pay anything.
Speaker 4: And now this hot bedding phenomena is taking over.
Speaker 2: Wait, so it's like hot desking because in businesses they're hot desk. The bed is like you just have it when it's free.
Speaker 3: You don't share a desk with this, like you don't share the same desk with someone. You get your own desk. So hot betting, surely they should be doing it like shift work. You sleep from this time to this time, then I sleep.
Speaker 1: This to me, they're all boning. I don't believe it for everyone's getting down diggiggy with it.
Speaker 2: I couldn't do this with my ex because I would just want to sleep with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly what. Surely that's where this gome. Do you know what. I'm not against this.
Speaker 4: I think with the crunch and the cost of living crisis right now, people are doing what they have to. People were losing jobs. They literally the rent is through the roof. There is a housing crisis. I'm sort of on board with this now. There's research from the University of Technology in Sydney and they found that three percent of the seven thousand students living in Sydney and Melbourne hot better to save money. And I guess it's a different thing because you know, students often don't have as much money. But hang on, Laura, before before you come at me, we just had.
Speaker 2: Joe calling, Hey, Joe, you're a hot better yourself.
Speaker 5: So this was a few years ago. My ex and I broke up and we just decided to still live together for a little while just while we worked out everything. So he works a night shift and I worked a normal day job, so we kind of just I slept during the night and then he slept during the day. It most really well for a while as we shared our ranch and everything, so that was really helpful. Sometimes there was a little bit of crossover.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what do we mean by a crossover?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 1: Would you say?
Speaker 4: Cross contamination?
Speaker 5: I hope to prove you right, but yeah, sometimes there was a bit of like over time.
Speaker 1: What's the problem with that?
Speaker 4: I think that's fine if you want to get jiggy with it and save money simultaneously, you're the winner here.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with it.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying where there's smoke, there's usually fire, and I think that it could create some complicated situations.
Speaker 1: If you're literally sleeping with the person who sleeps in your bed, but you don't want to sleep with them because they're your friend and they're paying one hundred and seventy five dollars a week, just sounds like a disaster. I don't want to be a partner.
Speaker 2: Sorry, rogue, why don't you just buy another bed?
Speaker 4: Because I'm sure? Hang on, let's ask joke, don't Joe? Why didn't you buy another bit?
Speaker 5: Well, because he worked the night shift, it didn't really matter, Like we just figured okay, you just have it normal hours and at night, and then he can have it during the day when I'm in the office or working from home. So it didn't really matter in our heads at that time. But yes, it ended up getting a little bit complicated, like when we finally moved out, we both ended up moving out of the apartment at the same time, which was a bit silly. But yeah, our lease was up of all, like, you know what, we just need a fresh start. So and I mean this was years ago, but we are no longer in contact or friends or anything, so maybe you did add a bit of fire to it. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, My big question is if you are just platonic and you're both sharing a bed, what happens if you go out to the nightclubs and you want to pick up someone and you want to take them home Sarah laying one hundred and seventy five dollars a week sleeping on the other side, how do you explain that story?
Speaker 1: You play the away game so you can never bring someone home.
Speaker 5: Or it could just be like they get a free show. You know, I'm joking, but are you, Joe?
Speaker 2: I don't think you are all right. Next on the show Laura, you had a meal.
Speaker 1: I didn't have a meal. Actually I had to eat my own words.
Speaker 3: I have gotten myself into quite the situation, and it's because I tried to pin something on my husband and it turned out I'm the problem.
Speaker 2: We could have told you that a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Wait all right, that's next on the pickup. It is the pick up Friday Alvo with Britt, Laura and Mit chat into chemist warehouse today. You'll get great savings every day.
Speaker 1: Guys. I think I'm like careening towards divorce. Oh, I feel like every week there's a divorce ish kareem.
Speaker 3: Maybe we're just like, oh, do you know why we're coming up to the seven year each full moon?
Speaker 1: I was like, don't yeh, Venus is in retrograde.
Speaker 3: No, looks something happened with Matt recently, my darling husband, and I blamed him for something.
Speaker 1: That I probably shouldn't have. So what happened is we have this.
Speaker 3: I have a phone, a spare phone.
Speaker 2: I have a phone I have already Team Matt. I've got a burg phone.
Speaker 1: I have a spare phone, drunk.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: The reason why I have a spare phone is because it has all of my app authenticators on it, and I haven't figured out how to transfer it from that phone to my new phone because I'm old and I can't use an iPhone.
Speaker 4: You just download the authenticator up again.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't been at to set it up properly.
Speaker 3: But the reason why I need it and it's so important is because on my old phone is the authenticator app for Instagram and that is what I run my Tony May business.
Speaker 2: Off right, So guys Lauras, you can just call me and I would.
Speaker 1: I keep the phone in a draw in our study.
Speaker 3: I know where it is always because if I get logged out of the Tony May account, my business account, I am screwed.
Speaker 1: That is how we run it through social media.
Speaker 4: God only knows how you run it.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 3: I keep the phone in the top drawer and I found out recently that Matt has been using it to record his podcast episode, so he takes.
Speaker 1: It out of the drawer he goes to meetings with it. He flew to Melbourne with the phone.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I explained to him how important this goddamn phone was. I explained to him that it's got all my access codes and everything on it.
Speaker 1: It's not allowed to go anywhere.
Speaker 3: It has to stay in the draw So the other day, Matt flies to Melbourne and I went looking for the phone to take it.
Speaker 1: To work because I was like, do you know where it will be safer.
Speaker 3: I'll take it to my office and he'll never be able to find it, and I'll put it somewhere really safe. And I opened the drawer and it's not there. And I was like, Matt, you've taken the phone. I called him, facetimed him and he's like, I haven't taken it. He's like, I swear it's in the draw and I was like cool. Spent forty five minutes trying to find this phone. The kids are in the car screaming because I'd already put them into their little seat belts.
Speaker 1: I'm pulling everything out.
Speaker 3: Forty five minutes later, I call him again, and by then my fury was through the roof. I was like, you've taken it and you've lost it in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: You're not authenticate children. My business is going down the gurgl Okay.
Speaker 3: I walked into the office after spending it was literally an hour of my day gone looking for this thing. I walked into the office, and I said to my sister and my staff and I was like, if there's a murder tonight, you know why I am so mad. Matt came home from Melbourne that night and he spent two hours looking for it, and he said, honey, there's one thing I do with my life, it will be that I will find that phone. And he kept saying to me, are you sure you didn't move it? Because I haven't touched it. He's like, I saw it there. I know it's there. And I was like, you're gaslighting me.
Speaker 1: You you meant maculative gaslighting me. I was like, you've lost it.
Speaker 5: You're a man.
Speaker 2: I've seen Bob your kid.
Speaker 3: Anyway, a couple of hours pass and he gets car keys and he goes out to the car with nothing else, and he comes back inside completely silent, and he tosses me the phone and he says, it was in your car. I have no memory I picked up the phone. I have zero memory. I went to the drawer at some point in time, I took the phone out. I put it in my car, and then I abused my husband.
Speaker 1: Hold that I just that story.
Speaker 4: I just embodied Matt and the satisfaction he would have felt wrong with that phone. No dialogue, just the phone says it all walks away into the sunfit.
Speaker 1: I doubled down. I said, you planted it.
Speaker 2: You're insane, You're insane.
Speaker 1: She's lost it.
Speaker 4: I have seen Laura come up to me before and we're working right, She's on the phone and she puts the phone down like she was supposed to be. She goes, Babe, have you seen my phone?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, you're on it. I think my frame is broken and I'm definitely going to be single.
Speaker 3: Seed back on the market, everyone, Laura, Ben's Aleen and on Instagram you.
Speaker 2: Mean manic Laura.
Speaker 1: She's lost, She's a lot.
Speaker 2: Next on the show, a mental health professional to assess Laura to make sure she's not clinically insane.
Speaker 1: I do love my husband all right.
Speaker 2: Back after this on the pickup. It's the pickup for your Friday afternoon, Britt, Laura and Mitchie. Hey, try the new Fragrance DC ten Sport one hundred mil by Dan Carter Go Dan new and exclusive to Chemists Warehouse for just forty nine ninety nine. God, we were having a laugh at this story work three of us, weren't.
Speaker 1: We The noise alone.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's so funny, it's very us. This story's going viral.
Speaker 1: Get this.
Speaker 2: A dad is baffled after his neighbor complaining that he's been chopping tomatoes too loud.
Speaker 1: How on earth would they know that it was tomatoes, is what I want to know.
Speaker 2: A very good question.
Speaker 1: Do you know why?
Speaker 4: Because I feel like it's very like it's a consistency of the chop and the slice. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, apparently the neighbors complained that the chopping of the tomatoes was so loud. The other neighbors all got together in a group and said, we need to talk to this man upstairs because he's just chopping too loudly.
Speaker 4: And also that they're walking too loudly. I'm sorry, are they breathing too loudly?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: It would be so embarrassing.
Speaker 3: It would be so humiliating to get a letter from your neighbors saying that you're doing something too loud?
Speaker 1: Would you imagine I'd be more.
Speaker 4: Sent a letter.
Speaker 2: Imagine then having people talk about it on the radio.
Speaker 3: Next level, imagine if you were doing something else, like imagine if you were doing the who horizontal Dance of love.
Speaker 1: Oh, I imagine that.
Speaker 2: And then imagine if you produced a radio show that had the ability to bring it on the air and talk about it. Producer, Tony, please come to the microphone, Hello, producer to is this ringing some kind of bell?
Speaker 1: You did not You did not were not Okay. We did some detective work.
Speaker 4: We heard a rumor in the radio world that there was a lecta floating around a complaint about some sexual esque capade.
Speaker 2: Laura has this letter. Tony produces our show. We adore her. This story is completely fake. We just had to talk about it. So you didn't know we were going to do this.
Speaker 1: How did you mate if I produced this radio show? How did you manufacture an article?
Speaker 2: Your beautiful partner, Nick has given us this letter that was left under your doorsteps at your apartment, Laura.
Speaker 1: We didn't know. Is that Tony likes to be a little bit loud. She's a fiend.
Speaker 2: Just request, So why don't you to detail the letter? Laura?
Speaker 1: It's true, Paga. So I'm just going to summarize. Do you give a little airline. We have to do this. I know what's request.
Speaker 3: You probably have no idea, no idea, just how bad the acoustics are in this building. They are terrible and sound really penetrates between the apartment walls. It would be very much appreciated if between the hours of one pm and seven am weekdays and midnight and eight am weekends, you were able to keep the volume down, because this morning, at four thirty am, I was kept awake by a woman screaming.
Speaker 4: Now, this is my favorite part, as this is such a tight, tight building.
Speaker 1: We are all we're all on top of each other. Like I said, more euphemisms, Tony, the bad no.
Speaker 4: The fact that you tried to keep this letter from us, and how.
Speaker 1: You kept this, I mean, I understand why you kept this letter.
Speaker 6: Of course, this is exactly why I kept the letter because then I knew it was going to go on the radio.
Speaker 1: I have more questions, why are you getting down and dirty at four thirty am awning?
Speaker 6: This particular night, I was a little wine drunkies and we came home I think it was like three am, and things escalated after that because you.
Speaker 1: Know, how loud are we talking? Well, unit, how loud?
Speaker 2: Can you turn to page two of this document they've left under your door? One of my favorite parties.
Speaker 1: Also also two pages.
Speaker 2: If you need any help, here's my number, inviting herself in fore.
Speaker 4: Okay, but in all honesty, Producer Tony, just keep your voice down when you answer this. How do you feel now like walking back into this tight nick community that's all on top of each other, knowing that you're making eye contact and they know that you're a screamer, and I no, no, I.
Speaker 2: Haven't gone back there.
Speaker 1: This is my boyfriend's apartment.
Speaker 2: I've not gone back. I'm just sleeping in the car. That's a hundred.
Speaker 1: What' happening? What are you going to do? I literally I've.
Speaker 4: Gone under the cloak of night when I've gone back into the house and I.
Speaker 1: Run, I run up the stairs.
Speaker 2: I've avoided eye contact with all of the neighbors.
Speaker 1: I hope you do it very quietly and take a shoe shuffle up those chairs. I'm mortified. I could think of nothing worse.
Speaker 2: Can I be honest? When we got this, we thought, what, like, what can you what can you do? There's not You can't change the way you are in the throes of love.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes you can.
Speaker 3: There's definitely some volume controls. I wont to know how long did the session go for? How long did you keep them awake.
Speaker 2: From a solid session.
Speaker 1: Well, they're actually impressed. It's about fifteen minutes in me before I need to go back to sleep.
Speaker 2: To be honest, brit Laura and I've discussed we're so impressed. We're going to give you pay rise. We're so impressed, which is.
Speaker 4: Actually out of our control, but we're gonna do it.
Speaker 1: We're giving you some cash and we're also second hand humiliator. The cash is the sound proofing in the apartment. We love you, We keep it down. Yeah, yeah, Okay, it's turn off your mic.
Speaker 2: You're representing the show.
Speaker 1: Okay to press, I'm from the pick up. Yes, go peck God, peck me up. Nothing like that at three people in the afternoon.
Speaker 2: No, let's go. If you missed any of the show today, we were talking about hot bedding, law almost got divorced. It's all on the podcast Betting Yeah does on the iHeartRadio app search the pick up and when cold and Flew strikes Demizen gets it done. Always follow the directions for use.
Speaker 3: Coming up next, we've got the boys, Will and Woody. What's on the show today, guys this.
Speaker 7: Afternoon on the show, if you miss it, recapping everything involving Wood's death, defying stunt nude on a snow strike in one of the coldest places in Australia, plus another whole role of Talles fift tickets to give away.
Speaker 4: Thanks Legends, have a good one, team enjoy