Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian o'connells Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Knock Off Friday. We ask you the best question on a Friday. What time are you knocking off today? And then what is the high night? What is this weekend all about?
Speaker 1: What a big weekend?
Speaker 3: You don't like someone who's looking forward to the Boys Weekend?
Speaker 1: Turn that frown upside down?
Speaker 2: No, I am. There's a lot of I played, a lot of admins still to do today. But can I thank everybody the show and the listeners for coming to my support. We successfully kicked two kids off the Boys Weekend. We're going to change the dynamic.
Speaker 1: Completely show one kids.
Speaker 2: Zero nine percent of people on the poll on our Instagram said absolutely.
Speaker 3: Not to the Yes boy yesterday, Jack's got a boys weekend away and one of the dads rang the weakest chaining the link and that's his Jackie Boy, asking if he could bring his twins.
Speaker 1: Gutless.
Speaker 2: He rang me privately as well. Couldn't even put it on the.
Speaker 1: Group he knew he knew how to do it. I noticed about that.
Speaker 3: One of the few in the five percent they said you can bring kids rio our producer trying to ruin your weekend.
Speaker 1: The only if I know that, I would have done that as well, Rick rolling.
Speaker 2: The only people who photo to have kids were all all trolled, and Mao is a.
Speaker 1: Troll, all right? So no four one four one o four three? What's time you knocking off today? And what is your weekend? Adam? Good morning morning.
Speaker 4: I've already knocked off. I will work longer hours Monday to Thursday, so I don't work Fridays anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh, what a great way to do it, that is, And how long you've been doing that?
Speaker 4: No, Fridays started about or three months ago? Four months ago, maybe a bit longer.
Speaker 1: Change changed your life doing that?
Speaker 4: Absolutely? Three day weekends are the best. We should all be working longer hours Monday to Thursday and have a long weekend.
Speaker 3: So if we go and pitch that toll the boss, what does that mean sort of breakfast shows six to eleven?
Speaker 2: I would do that on a Friday off.
Speaker 3: Okaf about saying that out loud? You want to do six to eleven, six to ten? You've done at eight forty five? What are those breaks going to be like between ten and eleven? I'm not sure Melbo's here, So how long will the day you send Monday to Thursday.
Speaker 4: Adam, about ten hours.
Speaker 1: That's a long day though, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's good though, because you get the long weekend to recover, and.
Speaker 3: You know, I guess you know why you're doing it. Don't you get the long week correct?
Speaker 1: That is brilliant. So what are you doing with your long weekend? Then?
Speaker 4: I've got my mate Marissa's fortieth tonight and my son is playing footy for the mighty Na Nagoon Football Club on Sunday in the finals.
Speaker 1: Big clash the Titans. You think he's the team going to win.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they should win. They should win the first final and then it's we go from there. So yes, it's going to be interesting.
Speaker 1: And what's your son's name? Give me a shout out in the team.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Oli and the nan Argoon under ten blue teams go the Blues.
Speaker 3: Good luck the blue team. The greatest struggle in the red team the Blues. All right, Adam, going on, you have a nice weekend. Good luck to your son.
Speaker 4: Thanks all you know me?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Mordern Christian. We are good. It sounds like you've reready start to do weekends.
Speaker 5: I wish I was. I wish I was. I'm knocking off at four point thirty tonight. I'm going to get my hair done, and then tomorrow I'm getting on a plane and I'm heading the Dark One for a week.
Speaker 1: Brilliant.
Speaker 3: I've always wanted to go to Norman. She's how amazing. So what are you doing on a holiday?
Speaker 5: Yeah, me and my partner, we're leaving the kids behind and we're going up to do a couple of crocodile cruises and just streak the week away.
Speaker 2: Good to get your hair done as well before you go.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, those crocodiles there we go for people. We split ends, don't they.
Speaker 5: If I get eaten by crocodile?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeah, Naomi, have a great weekend there, great week.
Speaker 5: Well, we put it off because of COVID. We planned it actually three years ago, and this is our first holiday in seven years, so it's going to be a ripper one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My wife's like you. She plans all the day or.
Speaker 3: Two before we're going away for the weekend. My wife yesterday, hair, eyelashes done. I think you don't need to worry about that.
Speaker 1: It's just me. It's okay.
Speaker 5: You still, but you've got feel good to enjoy the holiday.
Speaker 1: Quite right, you enjoy your breakup.
Speaker 5: They're okay, absolutely well, thanks Christian, all.
Speaker 3: Right, take care mateo Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Asking what are you up to today this weekend?
Speaker 3: What is it for you and what time are you knocking off today for knockoff Friday?
Speaker 1: Like Jackieboy, I'm.
Speaker 3: Heading off the weekend Clare B and B down in Redhill for me this weekend, Jackie boy, are you a book?
Speaker 2: Close the wineries?
Speaker 1: Literally one hundred and twenty years that's just by accident. In no way did I check out.
Speaker 3: So that was on the map first by myself today and tonight and then the missus comes down tomorrow. Today I'm at General, I am at the you're into Merrick's store down the ruch Merrick's General s so good. Thanks for one today in a nice little book to read as well. All right, So what are you up to this weekend? What time are you knocking off today?
Speaker 6: Karen, good morning, Good morning everybody. Look, I actually knocked off a week ago on Sunday when I flew the Tassy with my mum Biddy who's eighty, and the Victorian Indoor Bowld state team and they've been competing here and we've got a day and a half to go. We're eleven points behind Tazzy and it's doable and we're going to beat them. We're ready to go.
Speaker 3: Come on, Victoria. This is amazing. And how's Betty playing this week? How's she bowling?
Speaker 6: She's doing really good. Yesterday I think was the team that she's in the ladies for, so the forum them actually bowled the best I've seen all week. So I'm number one supporter. And because my dad couldn't come over with us, I've been live streaming and videoing, so he's watching at home.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Karen, I love this. This is we need to be carrying that we need.
Speaker 3: I'm going to speak to KAO Sports when I'm doing today about carrying this life on pay per view.
Speaker 1: That's incredible. And how long has mum been playing for the state.
Speaker 6: She's been about ten years playing. She's an amazing player. Yeah, she's doing great's so proud of her.
Speaker 1: Ah, so when's the when does it all end?
Speaker 6: So Saturday afternoon we should know exactly who's on top and who's one. And we've done it before, We've come from behind and beaten Tazzy and that's the grudge match that we've got to beat.
Speaker 1: Really, So is it always between you and Tasmania?
Speaker 6: Well, it seems to be there. It seems to be the top two teams. So you know, we're up there. And we had dinner last night which was very inspiring. Everyone's ready to go today.
Speaker 1: I love that. Have you got like a coach? She sort of does a big old spray, come on you on timers.
Speaker 6: There's a few in the crowd that seemed to yell a few things. It gets very heated and very excited, I bet actually.
Speaker 1: And is there much sledging going on between the players.
Speaker 6: No, it's very civilized and polite from what I can see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's But what about Saturday night, after it's all wrapped up, the after party.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it's going to be amazing and it's going to hit off.
Speaker 1: Karen, you like to Betty and the team.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Smash Chazzy.
Speaker 3: All right, Karen, thank you very much. Let us know Monday, by the way, cold us Monday. Let me know how they get on over the.
Speaker 1: Rod. Good morning, Rod more Christian. What are you up to this weekend? Rod?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm knocking off at two o'clock and my wife and myself we actually run a hundred what laser engraving machine and we're actually doing two markets this weekend. We're doing a Queen Brink market on Saturday and then we're going to dot Land's District market on Sunday. And my wife is working from home. She quit a job to running a business full time. And well, I keep on working and pay the bills. But we're doing quite well.
Speaker 3: That's a new phone in for next week. I'm doing quite well, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Rod.
Speaker 3: Look at you with your big old laser. So you're out there this weekend with the laser.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we don't take the laser with us. We love the laser, and I had because it weighs three hundred and fifty kilayers and it's a bit big to fit in a little car to take there.
Speaker 2: But where'd you buy with the enemy aircraft?
Speaker 3: Work for James Bond baddies should destroy.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no, I'm not allowed to do that.
Speaker 1: Mat didn't want to ship down the moon.
Speaker 7: We do. We do a lot of kids, night lights, chopping boards, personalized, a lot of stuff. You know, we gotta We do hammers for Father's Day, wooden hammers, handles and great one them like you know.
Speaker 2: Hammer but rod if they're love the idea. But if they're personalized, but you're not taking the laser down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you've got formally fit out.
Speaker 7: We we take waters on online through sd and chopify and we get them all done and send them out by mail to where go. So we take a wholead of stuff with us that's not both right. They can see it and if they want it, then we can say we get names to it or whatever.
Speaker 3: Where is that old big asking ladier? Then where do you have it in the carriage? Where do you keep it?
Speaker 7: And then a double games in time, mate, mate, not far in the same area as passive right, got that big later?
Speaker 1: And so you will engrave anything.
Speaker 7: Like timber fly and acrilic main limits. Yeah, and how if you if you imagine putting much a really good one for you dumb by the flying elephant with the next engraverment and sketching on onto a bit of a crillic put it into a light base and light it up seven different colorsural change and makes kids really happy.
Speaker 1: Oh I bet it's actually give you business a plug?
Speaker 7: Yeah, well it's Hazley Design in h A I S L Y D E S I G N. And my lovely wife Sharon, she's the brains behind it all. She's the computer tech and I've got forty years of woodworking experience behind me.
Speaker 3: But you saw that old school hands on experience and you meet the future with major le.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I love it, Rod, Yeah, we love this Rod.
Speaker 3: All right, we might put an ordering for some by this day.
Speaker 7: Well, I might send you a little gifting mate, we'll do something up for her, and we might do a little nightlife for Gordon May so we can.
Speaker 1: God, this is so kind.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we'll get one done and we'll send you a personal lives one. Christian might do one with our one O four points three with what's your names to it?
Speaker 2: How that lovely Christian Christian was just telling me he wants the done by one.
Speaker 7: Love that actually, Christian? Do you go for in the U K?
Speaker 1: And the soccer Southampton?
Speaker 7: All right? Something good for yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, I'll just do all the famous players. I'm just trying to remember them.
Speaker 1: Rod, lovely chat you.
Speaker 7: Okay, No, great day.
Speaker 3: It's going to be major Lays, It's going to be queen Fitt Market delays is not there.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast