Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I wish I could just give you an insight into the nonsense that's happening behind the curtains, but unfortunately we don't get paid enough to share personal details.
Speaker 1: How about a tidbit here and there, maybe once away.
Speaker 3: The only way you can get in to this private dramas to become our podcast producer.
Speaker 2: That's one or to or to oh yeah, take yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, oh my god, we're the worst host ever. We didn't say happy birthday to Mickey yesterday on the podcast in Troy.
Speaker 3: Michayla's birthday though, don't play her like birthday week our favorite cancer.
Speaker 1: Barbie on Monday night. Yeah, we went together on Tuesday. We won't invited, but okay, do you want to pay up with my whole family?
Speaker 3: I mean again, we weren't invited, so it's a little late to usk, but thank you? And what do you want for your birthday? Aside from world piece?
Speaker 1: I actually wouldn't mind jewry MAJORI or like Pandora post design, little trunky bracelet. Here we go, Flex Andros Flex and Frooms For.
Speaker 3: Someone who considers herself to be quite social in my own little way, I do have quite a few anti social habits. One of those things is if you catch me outside of the party, I'll be most definitely in the corner chatting to one person on rotation. That'll be subbed out bringing you person in. The Only time you'll catch me doing excess mingling is when I'm entering the room, when I'm leaving the room, and that's by design. It's to generate as much like strategic hellos at once, so i'd have to speak again hit them all up. Another thing that I do that people really hate and I will stand by is I irish exit. I do not like to say goodbye. I think it's a waste of time. I stand by it. Or if I do, I pick my nearest and dearest I say goodbye to them. They can pass on the message clever.
Speaker 2: Why. I just don't want to deal with the hubbub.
Speaker 3: Of why you're leaving and where you're going and we know that a catch up, say that you know where to find me. And now I feel vindicated and validated because the Beauty of New South Wales Time Management Institute has released to some information that says not saying goodbye when you leave a party can actually save you.
Speaker 2: Up to two days per year.
Speaker 3: Two days additional I'm getting from just leaving when I'm ready to go. They've also gone on to say that it might sound rude, but researchers have found that saying goodbye at a party generally can take up to forty five minutes. The average person goes to around twenty five parties per year. That's how we all got COVID.
Speaker 1: It's not a party to superspreederal ready, and a person.
Speaker 3: Might be spending on average eighteen hours and forty five minutes each year saying goodbye to others while leaving. Additionally, the report found that those who say goodbye are forced into repeating the same excuses multiple times for different people as to why they're leaving the party early. This costs them more time than someone who sneaks out with they're saying goodbye to everyone.
Speaker 2: If you want to live longer, just leave the party when you're ready, babe. That is a PSA.
Speaker 3: Anybody asks you, you can say U, and Sw's Time Management Institute.
Speaker 2: Advised me to do so.
Speaker 1: I'm simply following guidelines and legislations FLEX Let's say you're dating a guy and he is veritably the love of your life verified blue tick love of my life seven figure Babe, you are both adopted. In this hypothetical scenario, you decide one day to do a DNA test to find whereabouts you're from. You both do the test and it comes back one hundred percent related, meaning that you are brother and sister.
Speaker 2: Can they give you that information on it?
Speaker 1: This is a true story where okay, Reddit to TikTok a fantastic pipeline. Do you stay together? Little ASTERISKX? You don't want children, so there's nowhere you're going to pass on. What's it called incestuous genes? Would you stay together? This is your love, This is the love of your life. Perhaps you're a bit socially isolated. They're the only person you know. You went in love with them. They are your biological brother. Yet you didn't grow up together and you don't want kids.
Speaker 2: Do you stay with them?
Speaker 3: I think this is a good time to report that. I think it's important to have secrets. I don't know what authenticity marketing convinced you to do. Just keep it to yourself and going about your day. Are you telling me that you're going to go break up with the love of your life because some random it in turn with some fake algorithm, has confused your results and said you're related.
Speaker 2: No, that's your king. Are you gonna stick by him? Yeah? Leave me Troe.
Speaker 1: A couple of weeks ago, I saw some damning footage of Bebe Rexa getting hit in the face of an iPhone she was performing. I'm pretty sure it was like her first concert in ages. Prior to the concert, she was posting on Insta stories being super excited, and then there's footage of her getting hit directly in the eye with an iPhone that was flung at her on the stage. They did find the guy so that she.
Speaker 3: Would take a video from her perspective or like sing at it and then give it back.
Speaker 1: No, it was more of like a tart, like it was like a hard throat. It flung into her face. If you want to throw someone something and you want them to catch it, you throw it up in their bed.
Speaker 2: This is like saying common sense is common.
Speaker 1: True, I guess anyway, I found it absolutely disgusting. However, it got me thinking about the history of people throwing things on stages because I don't know about you. When I think of people throwing things, I imagine a flowers at the end of like a ballet's undies, tomatoes in the old days, or perhaps stones if we're going back. Okay, we're gonna go there. But essentially, according to the ABC an article that our producer Mickey found, it's a potent political tool. Oh ridicule. So I don't know if you're on ber egg boy, egg boy, Oh yes, phraser. I think his name was through smash an egg onto that politician's head. I don't know who it was. That created a lot of debate because some people were like, this is an active political violence or this is an active protest. Personally, I wouldn't be hitting anyone or subjecting hand to anything when trying to protest, but I guess we do get carried away at times. But according to the ABC, people throwing things on stage is not supposed to be a violent attack. It's not supposed to injure the target. It's supposed to humiliate them or to make them feel uncomfortable in public. So we've seen, you know, anti transactivists recently get like thrown with cream and stuff like that. The idea is they shouldn't have the authority of being a politician. For example, we want to see you as a ridiculous figure that you really are. So it's like a redressing, he says. Target's usually someone who's quite divisive, quite controversial, and often on the right side of politics.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: I don't know where bear bear fits well.
Speaker 3: I think that, like obviously it's I feel like the pendulum has swung in some capacity, right, because when I observe the way that let's say people now in the last five years, when you're throwing things on stage, it's like a notice me thing, right, So it's like I threw my bra on stage and this rapper notice Therefore I am this person having this really unique one of one experience in this shared space. And I think the friction comes from the fact that a lot of fans or people on the audience don't recognize the disrespect by virtual of not being on the stage. But anybody on a stage knows that anything you're getting thrown always comes or feels like an assault. Doesn't matter if it's like a humorous thing or a light thing or a pretty thing, it always feels offensive.
Speaker 2: Throws you off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes people like throw cans of drink, which I find again, I.
Speaker 2: Don't like that, very disgusting full water bottles. Like I don't remember what gig it was.
Speaker 3: Maybe I was going to see the Internet or something at the n More Theater in Sydney, and the lead singer had said, you know when people do like the in between song bits, you know, when they're trying to connect with the crowd. And it was like, oh damn, like I'm really thirsty or something like can I get some water? Side of stage vibe? People just start throwing.
Speaker 2: Full bottles and I was like, please some tact it's so scary.
Speaker 1: So here are some of my favorites that have been thrown at people on stage. First, a little naz X sex toys. What kind it looks like? It was a pocket putty cat, he said, who throw their psy on stage. After the brief interruption, the Grammy winner appeared unfazed as he continued the concert That is Our King. Harry Styles is another singer who had their fair share of objects thrown at him. The Watermelon Sugar hit maker once at a Key We Loved Him on stage, seemingly in reference to his smash hit song named after the fruit Thank God, it wasn't a watermelon. My favorite and probably my favorite list is Na than Pink stylized with a exclamation mark in lieu of the eye, which we love.
Speaker 3: Timeless, super creative, timeless, super creative. Asap Rockie is shaking literally Yeah.
Speaker 1: Pink was recently left startled during her concert at London's bst Hired Park last month when a fan recent it was recent when she's been gigging since I was born, babes doing them acrobats like yeah. Last month, when a fan threw her mother's ashes on stage, the singer was left startled when she handed the pouch before turning to the fan to clarify that it contained her mother's remains. After the bizarre confirmation, was it received, Well, they're never gonna not dance again, hit maker confess, I don't know how I feel about that. That is why I've been in the business. She's known them acrobats for way too long to deal that anyway. So my personal advice again, unrequired. What is it I'm prompted, unpromoted, unprovoked?
Speaker 2: Is I'm solicited?
Speaker 1: Don't throw things on stage? Please?
Speaker 3: At my life show someone came up. Let's go back to the signs. If you want to be noticed signs, please do the practice. Please you want to show up lazy?
Speaker 2: What are you saying at your show?
Speaker 1: What? Someone came up at the end, someone I know, like, while we will bowing to give us gifts, and I was like, oh no, we're like later, okay, you know, what's a good time for a gift, Like once everyone's left, oh you know, coming right up just as we're bowing. It takes the attention away. It was really off putting because I'm like, oh my god, what are you You're running towards the stage.
Speaker 3: I guess they wanted to create like an extended moment for you. Like it's almost like the cheering is here at like a fifty percent. We could take it up further once you become the recipient of a gift.
Speaker 1: No, but yeah, anyway, it is what it is.
Speaker 2: Mummy. Can I listen to Flex and Rooms Flex and Fromes.
Speaker 3: We've been talking a lot on and off about different rules we have for life, not because life needs rules, but you know, you can't escape the confusion of the human condition. And when you can put some structure and some rules behind what you do or don't do, things kind of seem.
Speaker 2: Easier, at least easier.
Speaker 3: One of the rules that I have, or that I've had for a little while now, and I've like expressed it in varying different ways, but I always stand by it is that you have to stop waiting for people to save you. You have to learn how to become your own hero, your own warrior, your own like front of line drill sergeant. A lot of us subject to ourselves to really uncomfortable, unsafe, dangerous situations in hopes that somebody else will notice and say, hey, that's not good, or.
Speaker 2: Hey, were you okay with that? Or are you comfortable with that?
Speaker 3: And more often than not, we're all too in our own head number one, or too afraid of coming across in the wrong way, that we just let it go like perpetual bystanders. And so when you can, even if you don't feel like it's completely necessary. I personally feel like I will never regret backing myself or being the one who came to my own defense, as opposed to being sad that someone didn't check for me.
Speaker 1: Where do you think you learned that, life, babe, just life.
Speaker 3: I think it didn't become so specific about it until I saw it happen with other people, like a lot of avoidable pain because people were stuck in that hole. But she didn't and I wish she would have, and I wish he would have.
Speaker 2: And why didn't they?
Speaker 3: And it's like, okay, yeah, I've seen right now, but like you can't rely on them, and I don't want to turn it into it like you only have yourself rhetoric, you have other people, but you have yourself all the time. I came across as TikTok by this person called Kelly Grace may Mae, and I think it has some merit.
Speaker 4: Play the day, I could like ingrain in people's hands, just like one small thing. It would be this, Please, for the love of God, please never keep a nice thought to yourself. I have this slay for all. I never keep a nice thought to myself. Specifically other people, like my friends are embarrassed with me because when we're walking around, I'll be like, you've an amazing laugh to a stranger on the street.
Speaker 1: But I have a trained myself.
Speaker 4: Every time I have and I thought about someone, I literally just say it. The other day, I saw this girl journaling outside of a coffee shop and I went up to her and I was like, I'm so glad that I ran into journaling. I've really been needing to journal and this was such a perfect reminder. Thank you, and you should be proud of yourself.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: And she was like, this is my first time journaling in so long. So think about what happened during that exchange.
Speaker 3: Now. When I heard that, initially, I thought to myself, I don't think this is blanket information. I think that the information or the feedback of the advice that she's giving suits a person like her, a person who is interested or comfortable having fleeting interactions with strangers, a person who seems from that video quite charming and extraverted and sociable, and so for her and people like her, I think it'll read quite well. But as we spoke about, there are two types of people, those who interact with strangers on the off chance and assume it's gonna be overwhelmingly negative versus positive. And I know a lot of people who receive compliments and think that they're lies will begin to feel self conscious that they've been noticed when they thought they were just an NPC, you know, like some person sitting down journaling having a moment, maybe documenting or chronicling something traumatic and you're.
Speaker 2: Like, hey, bub, like, thank you for journal. That's so helpful for me. And I was like, leave me alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes it's a bit.
Speaker 2: I'm just a person and sometimes people aren't genuine.
Speaker 1: Sometimes people it's like altruism makes you feel better. Yeah, I'm going to go around and make this person's day.
Speaker 2: And yeah, who was this for?
Speaker 1: You're being condescending.
Speaker 3: Like I said, I think it there is merit to it because there are a lot of situations where you know, like I'll be hanging out with you through me and I'll be like, I'm gonna you look so pretty today.
Speaker 2: I will say it about that in a little while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you see, and out look may feelings some kind of way, but I always say And I'm like, my friend Sally is always texting me and saying, can you tell him to hell?
Speaker 2: Looks amazing? And I always pass that message. And I always passed the message. You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast. For more, tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.