Speaker 1: This episode was recorded on cameragle Land. Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life Fun Cut. I'm Brittany and I'm Laura. Let's get down to business, Laura, I'll get down. Let's get down to beers. How big is that baby? Oh?
Speaker 2: Sorry, no baby? Updates can wait. There's much more important things for us to tick off. I was hoping you'd say that.
Speaker 1: I want to remind everyone of the headline. First.
Speaker 2: Let me let me pull it up. Hold on one second. I should have gotten prepared, but I mean I'm not.
Speaker 1: Two hours here we are.
Speaker 2: I'd like to just read out the headline that was published a couple of weeks ago. I know we touched on it, but then we have an update on this. Brittany Hockley reveals her wedding was fake and the shocking moment her husband was denied entry into Australia. We have some good news.
Speaker 1: Firstly, hang on, hang on, what's worse in that headline that my wedding was fake or that my husband was denied in because it makes it sound like something happened or he got arrested.
Speaker 2: The reason why I'm reading this out is because we have an update. A very very important life update to share with you.
Speaker 1: It's legal. My wedding's not fake. I had a real wedding. We signed the papers, and it is all legit. Baby, Laura says, we collectively like not that we all got married, but Laura and Keisha were the witness. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I was like, we literally signed the papers, Keisha and I, we are the ones who made it legal for you.
Speaker 1: Otherwise it would still be a fake wedding. It just sounded like we all got married. Like Laura's like, we signed the papers. We did have our legal wedding. And I have been getting a lot of questions when I'm going to get married. I'm married, I'm officially married. Write that headline. No one's going to write that.
Speaker 3: I want everyone to know that I really did put a good, strong case forward for live streaming it, and I was rejected.
Speaker 1: No, I almost was going to. I was almost going to because it was the funniest wedding, Like even though it was the real one, it was almost not real. It was almost like the weddings were so the big barley wedding that wasn't real. That felt for it felt more real. And then this little intimate, legal wedding felt like the joke. And I say that because maybe there was like less pressure on it because we'd already done it. And the big festivity is we had this beautiful, very intimate, like I'm talking ten people. Basically all these work people and my closest friends, my family weren't there. Like it was a really we planned it within five days. I don't know how he pulled that off. We planned it with him five days. We got it done and it was so special but so fucking funny, like from the second we stepped onto that boat, because it was on a boat, we did not stop laughing.
Speaker 3: Sorry, days before this, I think it was less than a week beforehand. Britt turns to me and she's like, Okay, so we're thinking next Wednesday, and.
Speaker 1: It's just gonna be really small. I think I'm just gonna do my own hair and makeup.
Speaker 3: And I laughed and I was like, Brittany Huckley, I know, please, you don't even know yourself.
Speaker 1: So I was doing my own hair and makeup. I honestly was. And then one of my really good friend Kim, who you guys have seen across the years, she's also like styles me. She's a stylist. I sent her what I was wearing. She's like, who's doing your hair makeup? I said me, I'm doing it. She went absolutely not, absolutely not. So she made me get it done. She made me I would be happy to have had this wedding day with my own hairmakeup.
Speaker 2: Kim's an old friend who also obviously she's a stylist, but we met her from back in the Batch days, like she was the stylist on Batch. Yeah, you guys connected and became really good friends after that, and yeah, she's always styled you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you and her of like my longest best relationships from the Bachelotte, like the stylist and someone on a different season.
Speaker 2: Weird, No, but I think it's one of those things where obviously the Barley wedding was incredible and beautiful, and like we've spoken about it, it was all the things that you wanted for a wedding.
Speaker 1: It was my dream wedding. She wasn't really, it was everything I wanted was legitimate. It's like a set.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say it was high pressure, because in no way was it like stressful or anything, but it was like the stakes were higher. There was just more organization. It was like a big wedding the other day. There was no schedule. It was very relaxed. Ten people on a boat. You guys hadn't written vows. It was all kind of off the cuff, and it felt really intimate and it felt really really special.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I stressed Ben out. He wasn't stressed at all. Then when we arrived the celebrant is Her name is Kaya and she's one of Laura's best friends. She also married Laura. I've known her for years as well, so that was really nice. But just as we got on, she's like, so you guys got thousand stuff, like we're still doing a wedding. And I looked at Ben and I was like, shit, let's just improv, Like, let's add lib. I've been to acting school. I can pretend like I love Ben. I can act it well. I'm really I mean, I talk for a living, so I don't need to prepare. But Ben was like dropping nuggets. He's like, I haven't prepared anything. And I said, it's okay, just talk to me, just say whatever comes to mind. It doesn't matter. We've done the wedding, you've written the vours. Anyway, I think it made it so much better because we just looked at each other and said what we felt in that moment. Nothing was pre planned, nothing was prepared, and I think it was more emotional and we probably felt more and cried more in that moment because of exactly what you just said, Laura. It's like we weren't overthinking anything. There wasn't pressure, there weren't a hundred people watching, and you know, there weren't all these cameras, and it just felt more I don't want to say real, but it felt more in a way, and I don't want this taken out of context. It felt like we were more present.
Speaker 2: Well, it was also I mean, we can talk about how it was such a sentimental day, which it was was very beautiful, it was also it was also genuinely I don't think I've ever laughed so fucking hard in my entire life, because as much as everything went off perfect, seemingly beautiful, there was one thing that happened that was not to plan.
Speaker 1: Well. Firstly, I want to say, one of my favorite parts besides Marion Brn, Delilah got to be there. Delilah was my bestie. You all know that, and I was really upset about getting married in Bali and not having her there, like it was actually a big decision. Well, I got married on a boat that's called Charisma two and it's actually the boat of a lifer. So her name is Rachel, but she's got she's got a boat business. She's got a boat business. And she reached out and she said, I think I have some availability. Let me know the exact days and times, and we worked it and she was amazing, like she was so good. She just got everything done within a couple of days time, and she was so relaxed, and she allowed Delilah to come on because I said, look, I don't know if you allowed dogs, but I can only get married if my dog can come. And she was like, yep, we'll work it out. Anyway, Delilah had this like little veil that Keisha bought that you guys know, yeah with from TIMI eight dollars. It wasn't from Timu. I don't want people being it's not much better, but it was from Amazon.
Speaker 3: And my job for the day was just to kind of like, man, Delilah, you know, get her onto the boat and look after her because you were doing other things.
Speaker 1: She actually ended up just looking after herself.
Speaker 3: Well, when we got onto the boat, she looked at me. You know when dogs go on to escalators and they look at you like brauh.
Speaker 1: Do you know that the Flaws movie? Yeah, And so I had to dress another dress from Stephen Khalil. Yes, I did it, and before you ask, it is dressed number four. I know that it was super low key.
Speaker 2: Most when they have multiple weddings sits because they're marrying different people. But it's just you're just having the same wedding over and over, keep marrying the same guy.
Speaker 1: So I had a beautiful dress that was more simple and understated in comparison, Like my dress for the wedding was very big. If you haven't seen it, we did make a four met a wild yeah, Kishano's because she had to cart it across the country. So we're at the end of the aisle. We're about to walk down. Now the aisle is four meters long. It's so small, so it's very intimate. There's ten people. I'm at the end with Delilah. She's walking down the aisle with me, and I have my dress, I have my veil Ben's at the end. The music starts playing the wedding song that I created for Ben with Sam Fisher, and I just start crying because it took me back to the wedding and I just felt so emotional. Ben was crying. It was beautiful.
Speaker 2: I really want to set the scene because you weren't just crying. You squatted down, so you were squatting crying. Because at the end of the aisle, I.
Speaker 1: Was squat crying. Yeah, you were squat crying with Delilah.
Speaker 2: We've all been there, but usually it's on like a Saturday night, four am.
Speaker 1: Because I cannot explain that the second the song started playing, it was like a tidal wave of emotions. It made me like drop to the ground, crying, crying, laugh, squat crying, cuddling, Delightah. It was a whole thing. What I haven't said yet is it had to have been like that morning. Rachel, the boat owner, messaged me and she said, Hey, is there another day you want to do this? Do you want to move it to tomorrow or the next day because this really weird wind storm has come through, like not a storm, it was sunny. She's like, just a wind storm. You want to reconsider. We wouldn't normally go out and I said, there's not another day, I said, the celebrants here, people have taken time off work. Ben and I are away like it's today, and She's like, okay, well, I just wanted to let you know, appreciate that. Anyway, that's somewhere on the boat.
Speaker 4: It is so windy, about to walk down, and then this gust of wind comes out of nowhere, rips my veil off my head as like we're in the middle of the ceremony, and just like flies it away.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't go all the way away. It sort of just goes like a meter or two away. So I start running to catch it, and everyone's sort of laughing. You guys are laughing, but no one's panic stations yet except when you helping. She was helping. I'm in my heels and my dress running around this boat. But it was like a comedy show. Every time I would reach the veil like a millimeter away, the wind would take it away a little bit further. Anyway, everyone's running around the boat now. It kept getting caught around poles, and just as we go to get it, it would rip away. It flies off the boat fifty meters away as we're all watching it and just lands in the ocean, beautifully, beautifully laid out in Oceandney Harbor, Sydney Harbor. In the middle of my ceremony, I was like, what the actual fuck? This could have been more Brittany Laura. I've never seen anything like it. Laura's on the ground literally in a pull a wik I literally not a little leakage, just like you just went to the toilet.
Speaker 2: I wish I could say it was embarrassed. I wasn't even embarrassed. I could not stop laughing.
Speaker 1: And then I.
Speaker 2: Started coughing because I was laughing so hard that every time I coughed, I pissed my pets.
Speaker 1: I literally had we running down my legs. It was humiliate. Ben had to help me up off the floor this video foot to the bar and I was like a fucking cart like I have, that's nothing less. Ben pulled Laura up off the ground because this is a six months pregnant woman. Wean on the ground. Ben pulls her up to help her seize the pile away on the ground, just puts it back down. Stay down there while the camera's for me.
Speaker 2: Guys, it's not I know. We joke about my pelvic floor far out. I really hope it comes back after number three, but it is gone. If I cough too hard, if I have like an unprepared sneeze, anything, any sort of body function that is a surprise to my abdomen, I pi my pants like it's not okay, I cannot.
Speaker 1: I've just I have the funniest video I'm gonna put on Instart. I just never experienced anything like that. No, we had to everyone's like, where's Laura? And I was like, she wet herself. Give her a minute change. I'm really sorry to make it about me again. Standard once it was diarrhea, and now you've wet yourself, as why is it always bodily funk? The something wrong with me? So then we walked back and I was like, well, the show must go on. One of the crew members is out in a dinghy trying to fetch it. So we go back to the ceremony and I was like, what am I going to do? Ke She's like, I have an idea, So she takes the five dollar mini veil off Delilah's twelve. Sorry, well I shouldn't. I shouldn't short change you.
Speaker 2: I mean it's under financial your sales I'm surprised it wasn't.
Speaker 1: Five It should have been two dolls. She takes it.
Speaker 3: Also was so much shorter than the pitch made it look like it looked like it would be maybe half a meter. And yes, I could have looked at the dimensions, but who has time for that. I ordered it with like the most expressed post you can get. So it came the next morning, just so that I knew, and I was prepared for Delilah to have her accessories for the wedding, but it.
Speaker 1: Was how serious Keisha was. She's like, wait Bridge, I've got it, don't worry, and I've got a solution. So did she bring me a backup veil? Is she like the best? Anyway? She goes and gets this TEAMU veil that literally it does like spikes out of my head, that is a dog veil, puts it in my hair, and she's like, perfect, I cannot walk down, I cannot get married. The show must go on. I did get married without my veil, which isn't the end of the world. Like I look back now, I can't stop smiling. I look back and I just think it was the best, one of the best days of my life, even though I just did have a very big, expensive wedding, this little one that I didn't plan was amazing. What does it mean now with Ben?
Speaker 2: So when does Ben go back home to Italy?
Speaker 1: And then when is he back? Yeah? Actually he just messaged me now in this record, I'm glad that you're fully focused on Well. No, just before we started, like as we're about to start, to get a message from him, and it made me want to cry because he said, booking my flights on Saturday, so in like four days, so this Saturday is going home. It's been so nice to have him. It's just not so normal. I know, I know, he just because this is.
Speaker 3: The worst time you guys have like glad and married, right, Yeah, this will be two weddings and six weeks and three mini moons.
Speaker 1: So it's it's been like the most wholesome times. It's been the most And I understand how that sounds. It's been two weddings, four dresses, and three mini moons. Yeah, I get it. Well, I mean go out like you're casual and Loki. Yeah, go off, queen, go off. Oh and I will, guys, I will post a picture as well, because we did finally get our wedding cake. You guys know the pizza debarcle that looks like four pizzas stacked on top of each other. I had a beautiful local Petistri eat and Petistri that was like, we are going to make you the cake that you never had. I promise it won't be a pizza, and they sent like the most beautiful cake. So I feel like we got all of our little moments, you know, but we got the cake. We lost the veil. You can't have it all.
Speaker 2: Well, hopefully now there's at least one headline that validates that you are married, and that's legitimate.
Speaker 1: The last thing we didn't say is because we did a whole wedding again. So we took off our wedding rings, like the ones that Laura made. We didn't get extra rings. No, no, no, they're just the same rings, the same ring. Good. But these are like you guys have seen them, the beautiful like big diamond rings and that Tony May made Tony May Tip. Yep, no discount, there's no discount on those. I'm too expensive. They're really expensive.
Speaker 3: Discount but the first time shoppers, you can use Life on Cut twenty for twenty percent.
Speaker 1: Of yeah, we have a coat. Hang on, you're making money off my web Sorry. Yeahs in the Facebook group all the time. So here is I'm joking. Soksha's like, I've got a cute idea. I'm going to like send them down the aisle on Delilah and Delilah can be the ring girl. And so in my head, I was like, cute, she's gonna have like a little ring bag. It's going to be a whole thing. Now we're on a boat. So she sends Delilah down and there's like the scabbiest scrunchy like hair elistic that she's pulled out of her hair on the day it was your hair. She's you say it's scabby. I want to say that. I was like, I don't have a hair tie. This is a problem. And I looked at you and I was like, where's that scrunchy you had on your wrist? So it's a you little hair tired that she's like tied knots in. It's like, this is a dodguice thing you've ever seen, tied knots around, all the rings tied and not to Delia's collar. And Delilah's just running around the boat with these diamond rings attached to a scrunchy. I was like, this is dang.
Speaker 2: I have something to admit. I'm actually the one that tied it to the collar. So oh, I don't feel bad that if I.
Speaker 1: Did a little double loop secured them to the collar.
Speaker 3: She went, I was a girl scout, Florisa, how I did it? And she freaked out, going, that is not secure enough.
Speaker 1: They're not ensued yet.
Speaker 2: I went to gumnuts and you know what they say, if you can't tie knots, tie lots there you go.
Speaker 1: That's what took me. We're at the end of the isle and everyone's watching. We couldn't get them off. I was like, anyway, I'm married. Anyway, I can't tie not tie lords. If you can't tie that, I feel like if you can't tie not, don't, well sometimes you might really need to.
Speaker 2: So like, you know, if it's a life or death situation, if you don't how to tie, good not just tilots of them anyway, We're focused on that for too long.
Speaker 1: Sorry, that's my fault. Okay. And so what's the size of your baby? Can it stand up in the womb? Guys?
Speaker 2: I'm really sorry, I know we're all laughing about this last episode. I told the same story twice. I haven't lived it down yet. It's been brought up many times since I'm not gonna tell the same story.
Speaker 1: The kid's still breach.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's still breachka, it's still kicking me in the cervax. But I kind of forget how far along I am. Right, It's like I forget this pregnancy. I think, like third pregnancies, it goes quicker. You're obviously busy with other the two kids. You're also not a stress, so you're not like checking the pregnancy app and you're not looking at like milestones and like, oh my gosh, my baby's just grown fingernails like old news.
Speaker 1: It's got eyelashes.
Speaker 2: I have not checked a single milestone for this kid, except for the stuff that you really have to go and get done, like your scans.
Speaker 1: Not so stuff.
Speaker 2: Anyway, you even forgot that. I did forget a scan, but I made up for it. Laura booked the results.
Speaker 1: She booked the appointment to go to a doctor to get the results of a scan she didn't get. Surely that's something that they like. Pregnancy brain isn't known to be a thing. Surely they text you to tell you no.
Speaker 2: Apparently it's a third pregnancy thing. So he was like, have you booked in to have the baby at the hospital, because you have to actually make an appointment, right, so it's not like you can show up at public hospel and have a baby if something goes wrong.
Speaker 1: But like, it doesn't work like that. If you want a bed, you turn up in labor and they're not like no, but don't schedule. You'll have to go to the car park. My mate, there's been some horror stories. Sure it's happened.
Speaker 2: So my homs was like, hey, have you booked in to have the baby at the hospital? And he said the only women I've ever known to forget to make their hospital bookings are women having their number three baby.
Speaker 1: Because they just interest.
Speaker 2: It's like you know that you'll get things done, but you kind of just forget and then do it on your own timeline. Anyway, I was talking about the other day and Matt looks at me. He goes, fuck, I can't believe that we're gonna have a kid in like eighteen weeks.
Speaker 1: And I was like, that.
Speaker 2: Sounds really far. I don't think it's that far, and I looked at my calendar. We're having a kid in twelve weeks. It's twelve weeks away that this baby will be out of me in the real world.
Speaker 1: Well, what he meant, we're having a baby. The three of us we got married last week. We all got also having a baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so in case you were curious, the baby is currently a like cabbage or a lettuce. That's the size of it. And yeah, we're going great, twelve more weeks.
Speaker 1: I feel like collectively we aren't ready.
Speaker 2: No. Same the peloton and the pilates machine that's in the baby's.
Speaker 1: Room screams not ready with the screen that I'm actually not prepared. I don't have a single thing.
Speaker 2: So I have not got the cot, I don't have the like the side carrier where you put your baby in. I don't have like an Actually we got rid of everything worrying.
Speaker 1: I feel like you have twelve weeks is twelve weeks through? You have time, like you just need to do it. But did get Delilah's Veil express ship. I'm sure you can get Bezos to the rescue. Yeah, because he needs the business. Speaking of Jeff Bezos, we did want to speak about the wedding until we realize that every single person in the entire universe and every media publication has spoken. Now podcast has done it, We're like, let's not bore you guys. So I feel like it's I feel like it's been done. But I do want to say, for fifty two million dollars, I was apprized at what they did for fifty two million dollars. That's what I want to say. It doesn't scream fifty two million dollar wedding to me. They had to pay for all the jets, yeah, and the security.
Speaker 3: And kick everyone else who was meant to be inventics who had already booked in into other hotels.
Speaker 2: And the environmental impact fossil fuels and their offset and carbon emissions. The only thing I also want to add is, if you haven't googled what the invitation.
Speaker 1: Looks like, do yourself a favor.
Speaker 2: It's do yourself a favor and just google Jeff Bezos wedding invitation. It's real because it screams to me that someone has the free version of Canvas and they.
Speaker 1: Just got some click out and put it together. It screams like I would have done it. Do you think it could have been ingests, though there's apparently a bit of a trend going around of that kind of a thing, potentially the fifty two meal. They've got money for people, So I think it was intentional. Do you know what. Look, we're going to save you the Google.
Speaker 2: We're going to post it ourselves to socials and we're gonna move right along.
Speaker 1: That's what we're going to do. So something that I wanted to talk about that just came to light late last night and this morning. Hot off the press so, hot off the pressing. Yeah, and something and someone everyone knows about Vin Diesel. So over the weekend Vin Diesel, who is the creator and producer of the whole Fast and Furious franchise which we all know this ten of them. They've been absolute blockbustering.
Speaker 2: I thought that there was a million of them. Honestly, it's Fast and the Furious as the gift that can.
Speaker 1: Well, he made a pretty big statement. He has said that the final installment, which will be number eleven or some people say it's like ten point five. So over the weekend at an automotive car fest that is run by Paul Walker's brother Cody. Now that sounds convoluted, but bear with me. Vin Diesel was at the car Fest and made this huge announcement about the final installment of the franchise. He has said that they plan on using CGI and AI to bring Paul Walker back to life and put him in the final film of Fast and Furious. For those of you that don't remember, Paul Walker passed away halfway through filming number seven of the film, so then film the first half. He had a horrific car accident where he passed away, and they finished the film by using some of his brothers to stand in some CGI to overlay his face, some old archive footage of him to finish number seven, and everybody sort of thought that that was done in dusted fast forward. A few more films were at the final installment, and he has said that he will only do number eleven on three conditions. One, it has to be filmed back in LA. Two, it has to go back to that core of being like really car related, really car driven, because it sort of skewed away from that. And three he would only do it if Paul Walker could be in the film. Have listened to twenty said the.
Speaker 5: Studio said to me, then can we please have the finale of Fast and furists April twenty twenty seven. I said on three conditions reuniting Dom and Brian O'Connor.
Speaker 2: So this has really raised a question around the moral decision making of using AI to bring someone back from the dead. And now the reason why this is slightly different. I know you touched on this, brit in terms of Paul Walker being in Fast and Furious in film seven, Furious seven is what it's called. They've already used CGI of him in the past, but that was in order to complete a movie in which he had already started filming and was really quite a long way through the process. So there's only a small portion of the end of that film. If you guys remember where he is, either CGI or there's body doubles where it's his brothers, like filmed from behind. This feels really different. I mean, he died in twenty thirteen. We're now twenty twenty five. This movie isn't going to come out until twenty twenty seven, so we are so far down the track and it is going to be a completely new storyline. That's the final chapter or the final movie of this series and sequence, and it means that all of the footage that's going to be used is going to be completely created through AI and through the current advancements that exist with AI technology. I think it's really important for us to touch on the monetary gains of this series. So the Fast and Furious franchise as a total has generated over seven billion dollars at the global box office, which makes it one of the most successful film franchises of all time. Now, as we've established, there are ten of these films, with the part two of the last episode coming out in twenty twenty seven. But just to give you an understanding of how much money they have made individually, the most successful film that has been released was Furious seven, which accumulated one point five billion dollars. That is the film that Paul Walker passed away in. The reason why it was so successful is because, by large, most people wanted to see how that movie played out, and it was such a huge momentous time in pop culture, and I think it felt across the world. It was kind of akin to like when he Pledger died. Yeah, and he was only forty at the time, so everyone wanted to see, like, how did that play out? Paul Walker's death had a very significant impact in the exposure and also the visibility of these films. I'm not saying that bringing him back is in any way purely motivated by money, because it does seem as though Paul Walker's family and Vin Diesel, who by all accounts is one of poor Walker's best friends, truly cares about the legacy of Paul Walker and cares about the legacy of the Fast and Furious franchise. But we can't deny that there's a monetary aspect that's connected to this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think there's obviously monetary gain, but I personally don't think that it is money driven. And I say that because it does give me a little bit of the ick. I've been trying to work out how I feel about it, and I don't think I like the fact that somebody doesn't have a say over their image. Having said that, we don't know that he didn't sign on to an entire franchise. We don't know that there weren't clauses in his contract to say that you can use his image to feel in franchise. We don't know. What we do know is that Vin Diesel and Paul Walker were best friends when Paul Walker died. His daughter, Meadow was only fifteen years old, and Vin Diesel became her godfather and he has stayed so close to her the entire time, like he stepped in as a bit of a father figure. He went from godfather to acting like a father and he really looked after her because she was so young. We know that the family has approved it, which I think says a lot. I don't believe Vin Diesel because he's a creator and a producer. I don't think that he would put Paul Walk in a film if his family said no. So I guess the question for us and the audience is because there has been a lot of pushback. A lot of people are saying it's disgusting and leave it where it was, you know, like that people believe that they shouldn't have even finished the series after it, that it should have finished at seven. But then there's a part of me that thinks, well, who are we to say that when the closest people in Paul's life have said that they want it to happen and that it's okay.
Speaker 2: I know, But also then that brings into question like who owns someone's image? Like, hey, hear it out if I pass away tomorrow and I dropped.
Speaker 1: Out podcast is continuing with your face on Kisha?
Speaker 2: Does Does that mean that Matt, for the rest of my existence, like for the rest of his life, has the right to say, Yeah, you can use Laura's image and put words into her mouth, and you can use her to continue a business because at the end of the day, Fast and Furious as much as yes, it's a legacy, and I understand that there's more of a legacy piece in this.
Speaker 1: It is a business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so I wonder like, is it necessary and is it as a viewer, is it something that we actually really want to see? Do we want to see AI technology being used to bring people back from the dead.
Speaker 1: I think no. Usually no, I don't think you can just start a new film and put someone that's passed away in it. But I understand why in this sense, and I do have some interesting information about who owns the image, So the ownership not Matt, so me. The ownership of Fortwalker's image, particularly the CGI used to recreate him in the Fast and furioust films, is complex, involving both copyright and rights to publicity. Generally, the copyright for the visual image and any related software belongs to the author, so in this case the CGI creators, they own it. However, apparently the rights to the publicity which control the commercial use of a person's likeness, can be held by Walker's estate, meaning the estate controls how his image is used, even if it's digitally recreated. His estate is owned by his daughter Meadow. So if this you know, we haven't spoken to a lawyer about this, which is just our own research on the internet. But if that is true, then essentially the estate is owned by his daughter Meadow, and Meto has approved for his likeness to be used, so legally obviously it's fine. It just comes down to that moral conundrum of are we happy? Is this setting a precedence for us to bring back people from the dead and put them in future films? Yeah, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, for me, I think it's a bit of an ethical mindfield because the advancements have been so quick, right, We've made leaps and bounds from what we able to do two years ago to what we are able to do now. It is so convincing. We've all seen AI where it's taken us a second to realize whether it's real or it's not real. And I think that for that reason, a lot of the legislation around AI hasn't actually caught up, because this is often what happens in the world of technology. Technology moves so fast and legislation moves so slow, and so the rules and regulations aren't there and don't catch up in time. I can't say that I have like a solid feeling about whether I think it's like ethically wrong or ethically great. But I think it really opens up a can of worms around who owns someone's image and what happens to your image once you pass away? Because I understand that even in what you're saying, brit that it belongs to the estate, and it also belongs to the AI creators, but what belongs to that person who died and they don't get a say in it?
Speaker 1: And I dare say that even if there were.
Speaker 2: Things that were signed in the contract, this version of AI didn't exist.
Speaker 1: When Paul Walker was alive. He didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Complete like and I'm talking like are such a significantly real version of him could be created, and that an entire movie could be made with him never speaking a single word of what was said in that movie. It's pretty fucking mind blowing.
Speaker 3: I think the biggest question I have about this actually doesn't relate to, like, you know, whether they've given consent for it to happen, because I think that that's quite ambiguous, and I think it's all a bit murky. I think what I actually have a bit more of a problem with is the fact that they're doing this under the guise of, oh, we're trying to create a legacy for him, we're trying to honor him, and you know, this is what the fans want, and this is what the story was made around, and he was, you know, the first protagonist, and blah, blah, blah. I just don't believe that because the movie that he passed away in the seventh that made one point five billion, but the most recent one only made seven hundred and fourteen million. So I just don't think that we can actually separate the fact that there wouldn't be a financial profit or a financial gain that they're going to make by bringing him back, because they've shown it, you know, the shown that people haven't interest in Paul Walker being a part of these movies totally.
Speaker 2: It would definitely be the most watched version of a Fast and Furious movie because everyone would want to see just how crazy that well, firstly the AI.
Speaker 1: Advancements are, but also everyone wants to see him again.
Speaker 2: And as much as people say no, I don't think I actually want to see that play out, we will out of curiosity because it'll be the first of its time.
Speaker 1: It'll be so widely publicized.
Speaker 2: The pr around it will be insane, and I think it'll be one of those cultural moments where even if it feels a bit weird, you'll still want to see how it was done. From a voyeuristic perspective. If it was a legacy piece, I don't think it needed to have five more movies, you know. So if he died in Furious seven, that could have been the last movie, or there could have been one or two. And he still is mentioned in almost every movie. He still has this footage that alludes to him, or there's a car that it could have been him in it, but you don't quite see him. So I know that they have always used him throughout the storyline, and I think that that's totally acceptable because he was such an integral heart of Fast and Furious. But there is something about this whole making an entire movie talking to a dead man who is being characterized by AI.
Speaker 1: That to me feels quite disturbing. I'm battling with how I feel. I know it's I really want to see him again. No, he was so beautiful. I say, it gives me a little bit of the ig, and it does, But I think it's really situational. I don't necessarily agree with you, keisha On. I mean I do and I don't. Of course, you can't separate the fact that it's gonna make a shitload of money. But for who is my question? Well, I truly believe that this is a big from Vin Diesel's motives. He doesn't need money, right, He's gonna make money, yes, absolutely, But I think would be remiss to say that he is doing it for his legacy, because this wasn't his idea the studio. I've said to him, please can we finish this off? And he's the one that said, only if I can see it out with my best friend Paul. I think that it was actually quite an emotional decision and a considered decision, not a monetary one. Yes, there'll be benefits, but his family are benefiting, his daughter who he left at fifteen is benefiting the studio producers. Yeah, of course no, but they it wasn't their idea. It was Vin's stipulation. He was like, I will only film it if you make this happen. I think that's why this situation as a whole is different for me. If I view bringing back someone from the dead to put in a film, I feel like that is separate to this because this was such an elaborate franchise. It was so big. It was based around two best friends in real life, and I think there was so much character development that the world grew with them. So I feel like I look at this situation differently to if it was just like, hey, we're going to make a movie with Heath Ledger like out of the Blue. Okay, let's say that we're all alright with this.
Speaker 2: They make twenty twenty seven, this final version of Fast and Furious, we all watch Paul Walker on screen, risen from the dead. Where's the line? Can they bring back child actors? Can they bring back musicians? Because they're doing you know, biography or whatever it is. You know, like, do we need actors anymore? Do we need Okay, firstly, do any actors that's already the question though, if there is a series that a child is in whatever it is, you know, and that kid dies, who owns that child's image? Are we allowed to create an AI version of that actor because we were all so invested in that child's life, Like, I don't know where the line is, and at the moment it feels as though that line is very murky, And so I think that there needs to be some parameters that are put in place around what ownership do we have individually on our likeness when we're not here anymore to protect it.
Speaker 1: But this is where it gets even more complicated and muddier. Even when people are alive. You can deep fake someone alive. Now, you can deep fake someone's face. They can be doing whatever they want. It can be on the dark webbing pawn. They can be literally doing anything and that person doesn't own it and they're still alive. So I guess that's the question people are asking, is, well, I can't control it right now and I'm here, is it morally that corrupt? I don't know?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, the reality is there's lots of legislation around deep fakes. Deep fakes are illegal, Like if someone's making deep fake pornography or explicit material that is illegal. From twenty twenty four, those legislations were brought in, so there's many protections.
Speaker 1: Is it perfect yet? No? Yes, but this is such a gray area.
Speaker 2: This is something that is legal that is okay, and it's because it's not sexualized. But then again, maybe it is. Maybe that ai character is playing out a sex scene. Like who's to say where the limitations are in this when the reality is is that it's a movie and they're acting. Is that person making out with an actress on screen? Like are they getting their clothes off down to their bloody budget smugglers?
Speaker 1: Like what are they doing?
Speaker 2: And they can't give consent to it because they're dead? Like it's it's truly a crazy world that we're living in. And I think the surface level of it seems like it's okay, But then the further you unpack, like the actual nuance around well, what is that character doing in that film? And would that person have chosen to do that? Would that be a role that they would have said?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Would Paul Walker fifteen years later, still we go going, you know what? Yeah, I want to keep doing fast and furious? Would he have made other decisions for his life, like, we don't know.
Speaker 3: I think that's the most interesting thing is that a lot of the time, in situations that are similar to this, I don't think there has been one exactly like this, people say it's what they would have wanted. And the truth is is that you can't apply that to something with technology that existed in twenty thirteen, because this technology, like you said, Laura, it didn't exist then, so you can't really wholly fully say it's what they would have wanted. You don't know this stuff didn't exist, And to be honest, I'm a bit more confused. His brothers look pretty similar to him, Like I don't know why his brother can't just learn him to act and play the role, Like I think it would have been a nicer version of how to honor your brother is by like taking on that character that's happened in you know, films or TV shows in the past where people have passed away or they've quit, you know, and they've just had to replace the actor and pretend like they didn't completely change what they looked like. But we all know that that doesn't work from a viewer perspective, From an audience perspective.
Speaker 1: We don't like it, we don't enjoy that.
Speaker 2: I think that the reality is that would impact box office success, and we probably wouldn't want to go and see Paul Walker's brother pretend to be Paul Walker, but we will pay to go and see an AI version of him being recreated. The things that you might think you want ten years later, you might not be as interested in them anymore. I'm not saying Paul Walker wouldn't want to still be doing Fast and Furious. The realities we don't know, but you just don't know.
Speaker 1: I agree. You know what they will do, though, they will ensure that his storyline is incredible. He wouldn't be doing anything he wouldn't have done in a past film. I think when they say things like he would have wanted this, I think if you sort of extrapolate a few of these pieces, he would have wanted it in the fact of his daughter's going to benefit from it and make money, and he knows she's secure outside of that. I don't think you can say what he wanted, so that is one hundred percent accurate. Cash Like, there's no way to say what someone wants ten, fifteen, twenty years later. Apart from the fact please continue to look after my daughter. I mean, I'm sure that that is the part that they're focusing on. But it's going to be interesting. Am I going to see it? Yeah? Probably, Like I think that is going to be one of the highest grossing films of that franchise. I'd be shocked if it isn't. I think that every single person that's kicking off about it saying, you know, this is disgusting, they'll probably end up seeing it as well. You know, there'll be some hate watching, there'll be some curiosity watching, there'll be some passion watching. Like people are going to love the fact that he's coming back, and there are people that are excited about that.
Speaker 2: It will be a huge success. Yeah, but it does raise a lot of questions around the moral implications of what it means for future AI in movies.
Speaker 1: For sure. Going to give you guys permission. You can continue the podcast with my face if you are. Just don't make me too rogue, like, just keep me like, make me better. Actually, I've got some making up to do. Well, it is time for accidentally unfiltered and came down to two. I'm not gonna lie. I made an educated choice this week. One was very pooh driven, so I thought I'd rest that and we can circle back to that. So I was chatting with my partner and his dad about the Neoser Triathlon, which my partner was training for. I am a terrible swimmer, so naturally I don't put My father in law turned to me and asked if I was good at freestyle, to which I responded, no way, I'm strictly a doggy star girl. His eyes bolted out of his head and he looked absolutely shocked. My partner's head snapped up in my direction and the conversation went silent. I couldn't work out what I had said wrong, but I just assumed he was shocked. I couldn't swim a few minutes later, my heart sank to my stomach when I realized that the swimming stroke I was referring to is called doggy paddle, not doggy style. I had told my father in law my favorite sex position for context. My father in law is very shy and conservative man, and this made him feel extremely uncomfortable. It's pretty bout it. No way, I only do doggy stock. I just love douga star. He's like doing doggy paddle.
Speaker 2: I can just imagine though, like if he's very sweet, he wouldn't have said anything.
Speaker 1: He probably knew what she meant, turned around, high fived his son.
Speaker 2: All Right, guys, it's time for suck and sweet Brittany, what is your sweet? I know you're married, but we also have another sweet fet Yes, obviously, get married my sweet.
Speaker 1: This week would have to be Can I say I made the ultimate comeback of all comebacks on Dancing with the Stars? I got shat on last week? He didn't get shot on. I was at the bottom of the leaderboard and he said I was drunken a party. He also said I didn't use my hips. It was a disare. So I got shot on. Fine, I don't care. We laughed, and we laughed. We laughed. You did care, though, that's the problem. You cared quite a bit. I actually didn't. I was like, you expect it, right, you know, you go in to expect to be shut on. You know that that's a part of the show. You know you're not a dancer. You expect that.
Speaker 2: Craig, I mean, for everyone who's watched it, you know Craig is going to say something nasty.
Speaker 1: He just is.
Speaker 2: But he's also going to say something nice afterwards. But the thing is we're so negatively gird, we only hear the nasty thing. I think he said he actually like enjoyed your dance and stuff as well. He said he enjoyed my enthusiasm.
Speaker 1: That's such a like a not that's like a backhanded like good good try. You were happy you smiled out there.
Speaker 2: That's what you say to a kid as well at school who's like doing terribly and you're like, but she's really enthusiastic.
Speaker 1: And it also just means that they talked to me. He essentially said, you were terrible, but you had good energy. That's what you got the Participation award. Yeah. Yeah, So I did the samba, which is really hard. It's like a real hippie one. It's very technical, and I did really well and I was shocked, but I got the first nine of the season. Yeah, and I pretty bad here it is. I was, yeah, I was like I got a nine. I was like, pockya. I was really stoked, and it was like, have a look at my instagram if you haven't seen it. But I had this really hard flip thing where I had to like flip in the air and land on his shoulder as like the finale with your ass and his face, with my ass in his face. I hadn't been able to do it. I can't tell you. I was almost in tears. I was beside myself, begging my partner Craig to change the final move because I could not get it, and we'd been doing it for five weeks. I was like, I was like, when's enough enough? Like how long until we do a backup? He's like, we're not doing a backup. You'll be fine. So I went into it not being able to do it. I think i'd maybe pulled it off badly once and we just did it. I just I don't know if it was the adrenaline, but it felt really good, like you know what it's like, laws like you spent so long trying to do something. I don't think I ever now the left, but it felt really good.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did one about elst Waltz's. Yeah, you did a spin. We had a few spins. No like the big air one I remember you did. Didn't remember.
Speaker 2: Let's ago.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm just fakeryone's going to let it up. I'll just take it. You did that quadruple backflip twist. That's true, I did that. Yeah, cart will into a backflip into a lyft. Yeah, that's right, you're eleven, I got I got perfect scores the Highes School with the Stars history now that I remember, Yeah, I think you won the award. I can't remeever, And my suck is it hasn't happened yet. But Ben is leaving at the end of the week, so I know that that I'm going to be. Yeah, I might not be in a good way next week, guys. I'm just telling you that it's going to be the hardest goodbye we've ever had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it will be at least like this time. You can be like, well, list, I know you come back.
Speaker 1: He's got it illegally obliged.
Speaker 2: She doesn't have to divorce someone from a different Yeah, yep, yep, he doesn't have to divorce me.
Speaker 1: Guys, he can just not come back. It's not a homing pigeon anyway. What's yours? All right? My suck for the week.
Speaker 2: To be fair, I don't have a suck this week, and I know that that kind of goes against the rules.
Speaker 1: I don't have a suck.
Speaker 2: I feel pretty great and also I've kind of come out. I'm in a good point of the pregnancy, Like I feel good, I'm positive about it.
Speaker 1: You weed all over yourself on a boat.
Speaker 2: That's fine, honestly if that's the lowest of the low, Like it's also the suck of every week. But also like at this point of pregnancy with Lola, I was waking up every day vomiting like every single day, and I had chronic pain.
Speaker 1: I was in and out of hospital.
Speaker 2: So like, these are just a very different pregnancy. I honestly sometimes forget that I'm pregnant, as does everyone else have seem Yeah, except when I pissed my pants. But my sweet for the week is it's work related, but Tony May related. We just had our biggest month ever of like business in the fifteen years that we've done Tony May Lunch.
Speaker 1: So usually the biggest month.
Speaker 2: Of the year is November obviously like Black Fridays, everyone's Christmas shopping. But we've just done our end of financial sales and we did the same figures in June as what we did in November last year, so we've doubled our business size.
Speaker 1: You're welcome. That must have been my wedding ring six months. Yeah, it must have been the pushes that I did. Yeah, but I appreciate you. No, I'm just really glad. That's awesome, that's you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've invested heaps in the company of the last little bit, Like we've done two renovations.
Speaker 1: We've done a whole new website field. Nice to see that it pays off. Yeah, it's been a really bit.
Speaker 2: We've hired heaps some new stuff, Like we've got a staff dinner next week and there's like twenty three people coming, so that's really cool. But we have been in this real growth phase. And it's also really scary because my sister's very conservative, so she's my business partner. She's super conservative when it comes to spending money, and I'm like, you've got.
Speaker 1: To spend money to make money and it doesn't always go downe. Well, I think both things can be true. I think they're good to be in business together, and I think you have two of you, it might not end up. Well, it's life on God.
Speaker 2: But the problem is, in the past, we've always been understocked, so like we've always sold out of things way too early during sale periods and stuff, and we've just had not a high enough stock supply to be able to service, and so we didn't really know what the limit was, right, Like, we didn't know how many orders we would have got had we had that stock on hand. And so we really took a punt this end of financial year and like we really kind of got ourselves prepared and it was a gamble and it really paid off. And so it's been like a very very very business rewarding month for us. And I think, yeah, and I can now say to Alsia and be like.
Speaker 1: It's all gonna be refine. So now we've got to get pre we got to get prepped for Black Friday.
Speaker 2: But we've been doing this like fifteen years now, and it really was just this moment where we had like we were so proud of ourselves.
Speaker 1: So it's we're proud of you. You could bring some pieces in great my list. Ah, that is it from us. Guys. Please keep your accidently unfiltered coming in. You can just send them into Instagram. Just make sure you put accidentally m filtered at the top. You'll always be anonymous. Same thing for usk uncuts and also you'll ask uncut aftermath. So if we've ever answered the question for you or you know we've answered your friends question. We want to follow up to what happened because we all live for it.
Speaker 2: And if you guys have any questions for us or anything you share with us, slide into the DMS at Lave Uncut podcast and you know the Drill.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't forget to go and follow us on YouTube. We have a YouTube where we put everything up. It just hits different when you get to watch it. It's slash and you know the Drill Day Monday, dont you dogs your friends and shaddle love because we have love