Speaker 1: Christ you know O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Do you guys watch anything on TV? Last night?
Speaker 1: Every night we still haven't eaten at the dinner table since pre COVID, And.
Speaker 2: Isn't it the best? Isn't it the best? Right? The other night one of my daughters said, you know what, I went run a friend's house and they always sit down together and have dinner and chat. And I found myself saying this boring, and then my wife looked to me like, maybe not the best thing to say, you know when, No, actually that'd be nice. And then it started a small family civil walk because I was getting nervous, like are we going to say to each other?
Speaker 1: The thing is, you're competing for the what is usually a TV show, which is a staff of writers making a compelling story that's better than your day.
Speaker 2: And also the first thing you do is nice break, You'll go to your kids, right, you go house school today and got this all right? So you go right? But that's that that's that shut in my face? What are we going to talk about? And I start trying. I'm panicking now thinking what am I what a what am I going to talk about? I can't can be with the TV show, and then we went halfway through it, Ashes has gone put the TV on, It's easier. What did you watch last night?
Speaker 1: We're watching Curb Your Enthusiasm at the moment, the most recent season. No, we're going backwards because we watched season ten. I don't know why, and now we're heading backwards. So we're in season nine.
Speaker 2: Oh, such a great show. What about you, Patsy?
Speaker 1: We always reflect back to the Goldbergs.
Speaker 2: I love the about Goldbergs all the time. Last time my wife and I watched this TV show were obsessed with the moment I've talked about the double thumbs. We're now into season four of Vikings, so I'm watching it last night and it's one of these TV shows. It's on Netflix where they spent a hell of a lot of money getting all the period detail right, and you, as a viewer go, this is just like a documentary. How do they do this? Every bit of the food they're eating. And also when I watch it right after go and put a jumbro on hoodie on, it looks cold. They look damned because I said it wasn't vikers. They didn't have air con, they didn't have thermostats, they were sat around waiting for someone to invent it. It looks cold and Chile. Yesterday evening was the first time in four seasons where I said to my wife someone said a line of dialogue. They must have just did it slipped that day or they let the work experience. Lad write that scene where someone said something and I went to my wife. A Viking would not say that. Let me take you.
Speaker 1: Through what's going on?
Speaker 2: Right? It was a big old clang.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So season four basically the one I can sum up the Vikings TV show is it's about two brothers who fall out, older brother, younger brother. Older brother is Ragnor Lothbrook. He's renowned all over the Viking world, all over the fighting world as the bravest man. He's called Ragnor Lothbrock. He's got a younger brother who's a bit chippy, right because in our knows Ragnor Lothbron he's just called Rollo. So straightaway, he's got a crap name, he's got an inferiority compact. Straightaway season four, he's had enough, he snaps. He goes to work for one of the rivals. It's like you leaving here all of a sudden, have enough of being at the Christian O'Connell show and setting up the Jack Post show for Cole's radio. Now they're massive warring rivals, Corles versus gold In. So now younger brother Rono, he's going to work for the French.
Speaker 1: Can't do that.
Speaker 2: It's the worst thing. Okay, he's gonna it's changed codes. Basically, it's going to work for the French. He's protecting Paris. Guess who's invading Paris? The Vikings, No rang your love king. So they have this big fight. They're having this big fight, so that one's got a big boat, the other one's got a big boat, and they're all going giving this the old row ro sound the horns, and the horns are all sound. Both the brothers have got their men. Sound the horse up. Then they go sound the drums and the bom bom bomb and one's going row, Roller's going row row. His brother's looking at me, can see him now, and he's also going Roana my brother. And then when suddenly the bigger brother goes to someone put your back into it, and I went. A Viking would not.
Speaker 1: Say that has a more recent phrase, you're back into it.
Speaker 2: A Viking would not say that. Christian O'Connell Show podcast,