Speaker 1: Always Sonny, Always Sunny.
Speaker 2: A flexin Frooms live show recording brought to you by CATA and Specsavers.
Speaker 3: Well in the Flex and Froos podcast. I know what you're thinking, what's the little noises? I'm hearing a barge. Not that we're on the barge. We're on an island that's floating in Sydney Harbor. The sun is shining down. Do we have an audience? That's right, we have an audience of rabid fans of the show Flex and Frooms. Let's just cut straight to the podcast, Cata Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Flex and Frooms. What the frick?
Speaker 4: If you've ever been broken up with and you are hot? Objectively, yes, you may be entitled to financial compensation.
Speaker 1: Can again? Ah? Who oh nice?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 1: I got her flavor? I know.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to see if we were doing like a call in response cult leader one oh one? If I say something, will you do it? We're working well?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: So at first I thought this was fake news because I did hear it from a podcast, and we do know from personal experience, fact checking a secondary to telling a good stories true.
Speaker 1: Can get ana? Who?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have a little pattern Place says yeah, yeah, so, but I will say, after I saw this TikTok, I did go on BBC World and did confirm that if you are objectively hot and you are dating in China, you can be entitled to compensation if you get broken up with. Then you might be saying, under what circumstance would that make sense?
Speaker 1: I'll tell you so from what I gather.
Speaker 4: If you are someone who has access to dating someone who is in their prime, they're eligible, They've got a good thing.
Speaker 1: Going for them.
Speaker 4: They're the kind of person that if they were on the market, they would have options and suitors. And you decide to waste their time by dating them, loving them, and then leaving them. The amicable, respectable thing to do is to calculate the worth of that relationship, the worth of what they gave up to be with you, and then give them that money so you can leave that relationship with a clean slate, all in safe. Put up the flex paddle. Okay, this is crazy, this is crazy. Okay, so that was like a fifty to fifty. Let me get you some more information that might sweeten sweeten the experience for you. You might be wondering, also, how did this come to be? Who made this up? Well, there is nothing like a scorned X. And what people were finding is that once they had done the breaking up being, their reputation was soiled by word of mouth. Of course, you know the best advertising there is. So to avoid guilt, to avoid ruining your potential of finding a new elder person, to potentially waste their time, just chuck them something light, something light.
Speaker 1: What is that number? A simple calculation?
Speaker 4: How much are you willing to pay someone for them not to ruin your chance of finding love again?
Speaker 1: I don't think you can put a price on that, are you sure? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, well it's for an example. Anyone feel free to yell it out. Let's say you're about to get broken up with, or reminisce or time where you were broken up with. What amount of money would have made it hurt much less? Ten ten grand before or after tax?
Speaker 3: This?
Speaker 1: Want to make sure.
Speaker 4: After tax? Okay, any other numbers, let's be honest. One hundred bulls. Oh, that's fair, that's fair, that's fair. And if it's not the money you're after, and you want some other kind of compensation for getting your heart broken, what would feel good to you?
Speaker 1: Just yell it out.
Speaker 4: Ah, my king, I'm kind of love, I'm kind of ass.
Speaker 3: Were true, perhaps a trip to the island upon which are now? Look, did you know that James Packer was sued by Mariah Carey. So I was talking about this with someone before because we're seeing these amazing boats on the harbor. Here, we're on the harbor and thinking one of these James Packer. Yeah, sure, and she sued him I think seven million dollars and one for literally wasting her time as she should.
Speaker 4: I have been known to say that the world is not ready for innovation on a scale that will actually change our lives. You saw what happened with Google glasses that came out. People weren't ready for it done. You also saw what happened I would say when we were in high school. Let's not do the math, but between I don't know ten and twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: Five years ago, but anyway, fuck, you're right.
Speaker 4: Anyway when you'd see like traditional corporate businessmen with bluetooth earphones, and even that felt far too advance for what we had expected where we expected the world to go right. And so this idea of recognizing a relationship for what it is for most people transactional. I need something from you, you need something from me. We come together to both commit to fulfilling those needs for each other.
Speaker 1: You take away the poetry. It's a trend action.
Speaker 4: Much like when you go somewhere, you have an expectation, you give something in exchange for that thing, and it's done.
Speaker 1: My issue is I wouldn't say it's an issue.
Speaker 4: My my my plea qual plea is that you would consider that. I feel like what makes breakups difficult is that often the person gets broken up with feels like number one, it's a spanner in the works. I did not prepare for this, and it's actually changed the course of my life without my permission correct.
Speaker 1: And I feel like a lot of us, you know, we've grown.
Speaker 4: Up in an environment where we feel like we have a lot of agency to choose what we do, when we do it, how we do it in the pace that we want to. And someone external to you is now getting to decide the pace of your life. So maybe I mean, like, how was it take to get over someone you dated properly? Like out of mind? I don't want anything to do with them. Can we get a consensus if it's a year year more or less than a year.
Speaker 1: That's in sensitive folcus down the body.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not saying like you do not want to date them anyone because they discus. I'm talking like to have such neutral feelings. You barely remember their name, you don't think about them. That's a long time. Yeah, Like I don't remember the boyfriends I've had from like eight years.
Speaker 3: Ago, but the one from two somewhere see in the crania opposite.
Speaker 1: I have distinct.
Speaker 3: Memories of my first boyfriend, but all the rest is just to blur, oh, shout out, you know who you are.
Speaker 1: Fair. I'm just kidding, just kidding. She's like, Brookie, can we take that one out please? I'm sure he doesn't listen to the show.
Speaker 4: So I feel like, in a practical sense, it would be respectful for someone to say, I acknowledge that this isn't fair. I acknowledge it isn't just, and I respect that because I'm doing this, it's now going to impact you for longer than you intend to. Here's a gift, a token of my affection.
Speaker 3: It's got to be monetary so I can get rid of it. I don't like having mementos from past relationships.
Speaker 1: It makes me sad. Yeah, I think that's fair, except for my time in Parlor records. Please elaborate.
Speaker 3: Nah, Okay, I love Tamy Parlor.
Speaker 1: Put your paddle up if you love Tamy Pala Okay, Loston Yesterday, fam.
Speaker 3: Stand up and once an ex gave me two Tami and Parlor records and the hoodie and a Marramco T shirt only one birthday.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine that's Batman was dropping stacks.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're giving too much credit.
Speaker 3: And now you know like it was an amical breakup. So I listened to the records. I wear the hoodie. If you ever see me wearing an orange Tamy Parla hoodie, that was my king.
Speaker 1: This is a lot of detail for me. Oh it's okay.
Speaker 4: Can I ask the question? Paddles up? Amicable breakups are real thing. Okay, I'm gonna leave it there. That's a hard note for the girly flecks. And now we do have an amazing person in the audience called Ariel.
Speaker 1: He's got a question for us. We love taking questions and I a DJ giving them. Hello. Firstly, my burning question is what were your first impressions of each other when you first met all right. Let's start off. I sitting the scene. We've got Ariel in the front row. She's wearing.
Speaker 3: Is that a knitted top with some linen pants and some converse in her hand?
Speaker 1: Is a Froom's World brochure? And employee have a look at that? An employee with the fruzel pen give her a clap. Yes, thank you. They just go like, oh my god, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: I noted to bring the mug, but it just the mark I used that this morning.
Speaker 1: Me too, Me too, Yeah, it was my god, that's a employee.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Those packs didn't really sell quite like I thought they would, so you want a few? I was waiting for them to be released. I was on my computer. I would have bought more. Please do.
Speaker 3: That's amazing for the pack from World Employee packs. I haven't really gone into the like CEO shick in a while, and kind of more like comments.
Speaker 4: We had an argument with the question the term common folk derogatory yes or no and three to two one. If you agree, say yes three two one.
Speaker 1: I didn't see any paddles, so I'm allowed to say because I am a common folk. Okay, this is sensitive topic for me.
Speaker 3: Anyway, what was our first impressions? I'll start with you. Yeah, thanks for asking this question. It's really fun. We love talking about ourselves as if we don't do that ten hours a day, ten hours a week. I think that I first met you when you were working with Sports Girl. I was working a pedestrian TV rip and I was interviewing you and you were talking about being like a fierce woman in the media. It was very much that genre, that era. That's kind of the only thing we would talk about when we interviewed women.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was very quintessential. If you happen to be a chick who does stuff, that would be like the cornerstone of your identity, the chick doing stuff she does, so don't worry about having skills. It's like, what is it being a woman with those skills?
Speaker 3: Well, actually, so he's doing one of those tes I think I was skirting around the questions because I'm cognizant of you know, people would say that to me. People say to comedians a lot if you are not a man, you know, they say, what is it like being a female comedian?
Speaker 1: I've never gone what is it like being a female media or whatever? Consider me a comedian's be gentle.
Speaker 3: As I tell people, they're like, okay, so when do you do stand up?
Speaker 1: And I say, on the internet love.
Speaker 3: But my impression of you was girl buss, intelligent, intimidating, because I think that is a core tenant of your personality.
Speaker 1: Thank you, And.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it wasn't until we kind of didn't have much of a relationship until probably two or three years ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my first impression of through Me was that you reminded me of Alexa Chung very specifically. Do we know who that is doing this a very specific time on the internet, But Alexa Chung was an English TV presenter and she's like, very fashionable and very like quintessentially. I don't want to say it the Q word quirky, quirky woman, but I just never met anybody like that, and I think that being not a woman in media, but at the time, it's very isolating, not a lot of chicks hanging around doing stuff, and so when we converged to a chill, I will say, though, my first impression was clouded because, like through Me says, we didn't end up being friends until years after meeting each other, but everybody thought that we were friends. Especially so I was constantly having to be like, oh, no, I don't I don't really know her.
Speaker 1: I don't really know her that well. On like, we're just acquaintances.
Speaker 4: We're just acquaintances, which is a very odd thing to now have someone like in your in your orbit. But then you're like, I'm not any closer to you. I just keep telling you. I'm like, no, like I'm also a fan. I'm also a fan. I just comment on her stuff, like, no, I don't know her that well.
Speaker 3: It's like when you're on LinkedIn and there's like associated people on the side.
Speaker 1: That's kind of what it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were associates. Pet put us off if you think we're friends. Now we're just colleague.
Speaker 1: No comment, flex and fruits.
Speaker 3: I was driving through Randick the other day again I'm going to use a random suburb because I love details, and I was coming around roundabout and I was doing that thing where you enter the roundabout and you want to do a full UI. Alright, so one eighty isn't one name three sixty?
Speaker 1: This is right? Yeah great.
Speaker 3: I laughed for recorded the audience because my mic goes, is that right, FLI, this is nope.
Speaker 1: And then no, I said, I said, so is it one eighty question?
Speaker 3: Mark?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Great in notation, so's one eighty isn't a.
Speaker 1: Question anyway, I'm going into this roundabout.
Speaker 3: The blinker is on and I'm going around, and this car comes out as if I'm going to just turn right, but I'm actually doing you turn this close okay, nearly hits into my brand new hey un day. And if you've been listening to the show since we started, you'll know that my car was ransacked or you were a victim of an arson attack and arson came in and burnt my whole seat. Did you know this paddles up?
Speaker 4: If you knew, thank you guys, because I felt like when we were talking about that, people thought we were being facetious and quite like chill with it. It's a very unchill thing to happen to come back from a holiday, open your vehicle and feel that it's.
Speaker 1: Been burnt to a Chris.
Speaker 3: That stinch, that stench was absolutely foul. But I say this sor to say.
Speaker 1: If you are in a road.
Speaker 3: Accident, these are the things you need to do. Has anyone here been in a road accident? Put your padle up, maybe please bring a microphone to this gentleman.
Speaker 1: Oh, a targeted attack.
Speaker 3: It's just a few questions, sir, just a few questions.
Speaker 1: Testing one too. Hello, what's your name? Brock Brock yet tell us exactly hot? What was the car accident? Trauma?
Speaker 2: Part of traumatizing. I literally got my piece in like March last year.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's stop, let's stop. There, got my piece.
Speaker 2: It gets to like June and I was driving my friend home. I go.
Speaker 1: He didn't want to do it?
Speaker 3: Do it?
Speaker 1: Are you the friend? Different break but not my fault.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to drive the phone, but I just did because I felt bad.
Speaker 1: Anyway, and no details.
Speaker 2: We get to this intersection and it was like a stop sign and then stop sign on the other side. But then there was like a main road here, so two stop signs, and I was like, there's a car there. I don't know if I was supposed to let them go. I was like maybe maybe not. Anyway, get there and I'm waiting to go, but then I kind of just looked to the left to the right, and then there was no cars and I drive out and a car comes flying and just pulls the front of my car, and I was like, okay, whose fat. Well, I would advocate, it's not my fault.
Speaker 1: Of course, did you stop for five seconds at the stop sign? Three? Okay, so it was your fault.
Speaker 2: The break was okay, I stopped, but they were just they were speeding.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, look that was feeding.
Speaker 3: So st I will say, I do need to actually tell you the tips which was for this segment.
Speaker 1: If that happens to you, make sure.
Speaker 3: You figure out where they speeding and see if they were breaking any car.
Speaker 2: You know that though they said they were in a rush to at the train station.
Speaker 1: So I write that down incriminating.
Speaker 3: Great soon as you to get out of the car, put the voice member on.
Speaker 1: Okay, just in case they say, yes, it was my fault. That's what you want them to say. And finally make sure there's witnesses and that's on.
Speaker 4: That flex and frims flex and fromes Kater never miss a beat.
Speaker 3: If you're a listener of the show, you know that I recently discovered that I'm thirty three percent Scottish, which is making sense. Let's be real, Flexi, I'm a big fan of the beach. This is a recent development in my personality. Now I am I am a surf.
Speaker 1: I've been serving.
Speaker 3: Twice and that's actually really impressive. It's like quite hard to bring the board down to the beach and then like get on the wave. Anyway, I think it's really important to.
Speaker 1: Have beach safety. What's with you in safety these days? Kud out.
Speaker 4: We're in twenty twenty three. The world does not end in our lifetime.
Speaker 1: Let's hope not.
Speaker 4: Even if it's before, then let's shake things up. I want people to be reckless, hot, reckless educated. No, that's the trifecta. No, babes, it's funny.
Speaker 3: I didn't think I was going to do two educational content pieces in the one show. I'm very, very passionate about the beach and beach safety. I swim often at Bondi Beach, not to docks myself every morning that I am.
Speaker 1: Through Me. You know that's a joke.
Speaker 4: I literally I feel like I care more about frume safety than through Me does because I'm like, there have been so many uncanny, borderline, extremely unchilled things that have happened that are location based to through Me, and I fear that they would not have happened if she wasn't telling hundreds of thousands of millions of people every day where she goes frequently.
Speaker 1: So I was going to this bar.
Speaker 3: It's like three point five k is made from my house in the northwestern direction. No, and I'm really passionate about being saved at the beach because I've seen too many horrible things happened.
Speaker 1: I've actually something that's and this is not a laughing matter.
Speaker 3: Something that happened that I saw about this time last year was I actually saw someone drown at Bondi Beach, which you would think that can't happen. It's the most patrolled beach in Australia. There's a whole show bond and I Rescue about it. But I saw this man drown and ever since I saw that, I only ever swim between the flags. And I just want to say, if you happen to try and swim between somewhere that is in between the flags, I think it's really important to.
Speaker 1: Learn what a rip is. You paddle if you know what a rip is. Just learnt on TikTok the other day.
Speaker 3: I did. I am a Melbourne hottie, so I didn't really grow up around the beach, but since moving to insert suburb near the beach in eastern suburbs, It's like.
Speaker 1: Is it not? Serian?
Speaker 3: I learned that I had to discover what a rip looks like just really quickly. If you see water breaking on the shore with the whitewash, it's most likely not a rib.
Speaker 1: The way that a rip works.
Speaker 3: Is like you see two white bits, but then something's not breaking in the middle. That means that it's a water channel going out.
Speaker 1: Surfers often use them.
Speaker 3: My brethren, to get to your community. They're getting broken on the waves. But all I'll say is just if there's flags. Wait, give the fun fact though from the TikTok Oh. Yeah, there was this TikTok that flexi tagmin, which is like this surfer guy really drunk in fee.
Speaker 1: Like a frame like that is actually really really good trying to get it. Okay, hold on, everyone, no, you explain it. You had it.
Speaker 3: I'm pulling my fingers up into the air and then pushing them down through the middle, and that's how the rip works, is the water goes out and down into the middle.
Speaker 4: And so I think he was kind of explaining, I'm not in in the beach like that, but it's good to have this information. He was kind of explaining that on instinct, if you get stuck in a rip, you're you want to like challenge it by swimming the other way or just at least fighting to not get carried away, because he wants to be in the middle of the ocean when you're not on.
Speaker 1: A luxury barge.
Speaker 4: Right, So he was essentially saying, just let the rip carry you through because it's gonna take you around and back through and take you around and back through, and I think eventually you get saved.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: Just float, which don't panic in exactly, float on your back and float on your back and.
Speaker 1: Then take you out and then just capfully take waves back here. You ever been caught in a rip? No, I am a lifesa.
Speaker 3: Oh here, I am showboating all the mi We have actually a lifesaver up on.
Speaker 5: My first training session, I actually got douts like I got stuck out Black six book waves like pub Risky on my first training session.
Speaker 1: But it's like you just have you learned learn like Black. That's unchill, but I like yourselll We've given you like just the wrong time.
Speaker 3: We're wrapping up, But thank you Hayter Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms, You've been.
Speaker 2: Listening to the Flex and Frooms catch Up podcast recorded live at the Island in Sydney. For more Flex and Frooms tune ins and Catera on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.