Speaker 1: I would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which this episode is being recorded, the Combomb Merry people. They've been having conversations and telling stories on this land for thousands of years, and we show our gratitude and respect for their contribution to our environment and culture. This is Rise and Conquer, the podcast where we strive to become the highest version of ourselves through curious conversations, healthy mindsets, laughter, connection, and a deep desire to evolve. I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson. Join me as we explore parenthood, business, manifestation, and so much more. It's positive, it's practical, and it's about putting you in the driver's seat of your own life.
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Hello, my loves, Welcome to another episode of the Rise and Conquer Podcast. It is your host Georgie Stephenson, and today we are getting into morning routines. I know the team is going to call this episode, you know, something like morning routine of a millionaire or something. You know, something that's gonna entice you click baity. Of course, we do smart marketing here at RNC, but I guess I wanted to do this episode because sometimes we can really get stuck in the mentality that it's like, if i just have the right morning routine, then I'm going to be successful this year, or nighttime routine, etcetera, etcetera. And definitely, routines are so helpful. I feel like I'm definitely a routine galley. Routines can be amazing to create discipline and habits. The thing, though, I want you to really think about, is just when we're creating a routine for ourselves, for our life, for you know, basically to make our life better, to achieve our goals, we are creating them from a place of improving our lives. They're moving the needle forward. But I find sometimes people will create routines and it's kind of like just ticking things off a box. I used to be like very rigid with my routine, and when I woke up and when I went to work, I was actually having a conversation with my new content creator around how when I first had Ivy, when I went back to work, even though I had, you know, a very fresh baby and I was a new working mum, I would still get to the office at seven point thirty. And the whole thing was, it's like, because I had always started work at that time and because I was like most productive in the morning, but you know, I was a new new mum, so it's like it was very stressful to get to work, and I would get to work and like my quarters I would be so high and then like I'd crash at ten am, and it's like I was trying to again. It's like, just do things for the sake of doing things because maybe they previously served me, or because you know, maybe you've seen someone else do them.
Speaker 2: But the thing about routines.
Speaker 1: And making things that work for you is actually embodying them and like integrating them and really being like does this serve me? Like is this optimizing my days? This moving the needle forward? Is this giving me the outcome that I want? You know, I'll get people who are like I just I don't know how you can wake up early. I just struggle so much. I'm a night owl. I'm like awake till you know, eleven pm met night, and then I try to get early and blah blah, and I'm like, why are you trying to get up early? I get up early because it is so easy for me because I am the most productive I actually have like the best brain capacity in the morning.
Speaker 2: Like, if you told me.
Speaker 1: To try and write like Instagram captions or something for a launch page at eleven pm at night, there's just no way I could do it because my brain just doesn't work that way. But I know there's so many people who get their best, most creative work done at night, and like you know, maybe they don't have children, or their children go to bed, and it's like.
Speaker 2: Perfect for them.
Speaker 1: So if you are that person, it's about honoring that part of yourself that's maybe a bit unconventional, maybe not like everyone else on Instagram, and they're not.
Speaker 2: Trying to wake up early. We all know we need sleep.
Speaker 1: So that's like my biggest kind of like pet hate with sharing my routines. And it's reason why I haven't really done a routine, you know, on my podcast or anything like that in a while actually, because I think when you tell people, oh, this is my routine, they will just try and do it, not really understand themselves and do that kind of self inquiry to be like is this for me?
Speaker 2: That was kind of like the caveat for this episode.
Speaker 1: I am going to tell you my routine, but again I'm going to tell you why I do things, and my routine.
Speaker 2: Is very flexible, very adaptable.
Speaker 1: I have a three year old, so when I was the first time mum, I tried to like basically do the same routine. It really fucked with me and it really made me feel like a failure because I couldn't really do it most of the time because I had a newborn, which like.
Speaker 2: Now makes complete sense for me.
Speaker 1: But we can really get stark in the well, it has to be this way otherwise I'm not successful, you know, have got my life together. And also such a hack is being able to be a person where even if you don't do your routine, you don't.
Speaker 2: Make it mean something.
Speaker 1: You don't make it mean I'm gonna have a shit day, I'm a failure, I've ruined the.
Speaker 2: Whole day, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 1: So really just have that all in your brain when you listen to this episode. So firstly, I do wake up super early, but again that's because I go to bed super early. So I'm going to bed eight pm most nights, and that's because I sleep with my three year old toddler.
Speaker 2: She goes to the bed.
Speaker 1: The same time as me and Jim now and she never used to sleep with us, but I think she turned about two and a half.
Speaker 2: And her level in.
Speaker 1: Our house we actually have like a sixth leveled house, which is just ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Now that I'm saying it.
Speaker 1: It is on a hill, so it's like it has so many levels, and look, it does have an elevator, so it's not like completely just walk out stairs all the time, but her level weird, like the master bedroom is right at the top, and then the middle level is like the living and the dining and the TV room and the laundry, and then her level is underneath that.
Speaker 2: So if she does have.
Speaker 1: A nightmare or whatnot, and she was at the point where she was like jumping out of her cot, you know, she has to walk up two flights of stairs, and that made me feel really uncomfortable. And she did do that a couple of times, where she'd sleep in our bed and then I'd put her step back down to her bed, and then she would like run up during the night, and it just made me feel really uncomfortable her having to walk up so many stairs because they wooden stairs too, they're not carpet stairs like I had growing up. Side note and so she just sleeps for us now, and it just makes me feel better in saying that she has slept through the night from when she was like twelve weeks old until she was two and a half.
Speaker 2: So I am just counting my lucky stars for that.
Speaker 1: And I really love her sleeping with us now, Like I feel like it's really like bonded.
Speaker 2: All three of us because we all sleep together.
Speaker 1: And I've even noticed that kind of like tweaks in her personality of like she used to just go off to kindy, wouldn't hear a peat from her? She's like, see her mom runs to her friends and whatnot. It's really interesting since she's been sleeping with us, she's so much more clingy, Like she's like, I don't want to go to kindy. I want to stay with you. And I'm like, who is this Chiles's And it's really sweet and I swear it's because you know, we all sleep together.
Speaker 2: That was a massive rant.
Speaker 1: Anyway, coming back to it again, and see, this is a thing. I used to have, this whole night time routine that had to change because I have a toddles sleeping with me now, and I used to journal and do all this stuff in bed, but because once we go to bed, we coney need to go straight to sleep because otherwise she's up too late. I've had to change my whole night time routine, which is another podcast. But I'm going to bed around eight pm, so I naturally do just.
Speaker 2: Wake up at like four am. After eight hours.
Speaker 1: My body just kind of naturally wakes up, so I do find I'm waking up around four am. If Tim is going to gym, because we do swap days, so he goes to gym on Mondays and Thursdays. So on Monday, he goes to gym a bit later, and I actually go to gym earlier, and then on Thursdays I don't go to gym because he wants to do a certain class. So on Thursdays when Tim goes to gym, I wake up and I literally just read my book, and I'm reading my book until Ivy wakes up. So sometimes I can be like two hours, which honestly is great because I'm a big fancy reader. But if sorry I am going to gym, I am waking up at that time and I'm either doing like a five am class or a six am class, and I go straight into my movement before. Something new that I'm trying to do in twenty twenty five or I am doing, is I'm having bone broth and lemon water when I first get up. I'm having that before I have pre workout. Now again you might think that's like a lot to it, but again, I'm waking up at four am. So honestly, if my class isn't until five point fifteen, I've got time. And so I wake up. I have a bit of bone broth. The brand is like Jevity bone broth, and it's just like a tablespoon I mixing in some water. I have that. It kind of tastes like you're having like a soup.
Speaker 2: It's not bad.
Speaker 1: So I have that, and that's just for my gut health. I then make myself a lemon water.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: I know there's a lot of controversial things about lemon water. I do it for the vitamin sea and growing up, my mom was. My mom's like a big health nut, and she has always done lemon water for vitamin CEA, getting her digestive system going and whatnot. And I didn't do it for years, and then once she stayed with us Christmas, I was doing it with her and it's just like I love I don't know.
Speaker 2: I love the taste of it.
Speaker 1: I love like the freshness of it, and it does make me feel so good. So I've been doing lemon water. And then if I am doing hard you know, gym class, I will do pre workout. Otherwise I won't do pre workout. Also, if I have like a bit of a stressful day planned, or I know I've got back to back meetings, I will skip the pre workout because caffeine is going to not disregulate you, but it's going to add to dysregulation. So just being very conscious of how much caffeine you have is very very important. So I'm only having pre workout when I'm like, I know I'm going to burn it off and I know I need it, and then I always do some sort of movement. I then will always grab like coffees for me and Tim.
Speaker 2: And then I'm going home and I'm making breakfast straight away.
Speaker 1: Again I'm trying to have what I am having breakfast for I have any coffee breakfast is always in a high protein option, So me and Ivy love having like eggs on toast with a protein smoothie. Or I'll just make like a protein smoothie, but like chuck a whole heap of things.
Speaker 2: In it to make it a bit more carbi.
Speaker 1: Otherwise, I've been loving over the Christmas holidays. I was having these like burritos. I was getting these like gluten free wraps and doing like egg and mushroom and like all the things are it and got it was yummy and like halloomy and all those yummy things. So I'm always making a cooked breakfast at home. I had this thing because at Naked Harvest, a lot of people do start at seven point thirty. I had this thing that I was like, I need to be in the office starting at the same time as them. But it would mean I'd have to eat my breakfast in the car. It would mean I'd have to like not have breakfast with my family. And because I'm really clear on my values and also the top value is family, I was just like, that actually doesn't make sense, Doorgia, because first of all, you own your own business, so you don't actually have a start time. So now I really make it a thing where it's like me and Ivy make breakfast together. We always like create her in smoothies or like I put her on the bench and she does her own toast. And I really make this a moment because I am a working mom, so I don't spend the day with her. I really make this a moment of like me and her time. And so also if you think of digestion, your digestion, if you are constantly just like piling food in and you're not letting your digestive system know that it's like safe to digest and like it's okay to absorb all the nutrients, you won't be absorbing all the nutrients. Sometimes it's like almost a waste of eating because you're not absorbing the nutrients and you've just made this like beautiful, healthy meal, Like you're very health conscious, but because you're so stressed or you're eating the car or whatnot, you're not actually having the health conscious effect.
Speaker 2: That you want.
Speaker 1: So that's something new to I'm very conscious of, like sitting down and eating, and I make it like a point of spending time with Ivy and Tim, So always that and also during this time, the first thing I do with the lemon water is fill up my water bottle and I'm making sure I'm drinking a lot of water during this time. So what have we done movement nourishment, So then like I'll go get changed. The last component of my morning routine is my mindset work. So this for me at the moment always involves a meditation. Meditation has just absolutely changed my life. I love guided meditations that are very intentional with how I want to feel. So we do meditations on the Rise app and again they're guided and very intentional. So it's like, I want to feel grounded, I want to regulate myself, I want to feel inspired, I want to feel motivated. So I just scroll through Rise and we literally have created a meditation or a pep talk for every scenario like whether you're manifesting, whether you're downing yourself, whether you need some self love, confidence.
Speaker 2: Et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 1: And so I always pick a guided meditation of what's the outcome that I want. So maybe I am feeling a little bit like insecure, or maybe I am feeling a little bit disregulated, you know, not hopeful, or you know insert whatever, So I would, yeah, put on a very intentional meditation, sit and do that. I always do this either if I have enough time, I will like leave home and go to the beach, whether I am actually sitting on the beach like on a park bench, or in my car just looking at the beach.
Speaker 2: Otherwise I just do.
Speaker 1: This in my car at work, so do my meditation. So the meditation is really about regular my nervous system. Because if I'm regulated in the morning, it means that I can show up to work with a clear mind. It means when Ivy tests me in the afternoon, I have space for her and I don't snap. It means, you know, I'm a bit more compassionate for the people around me, you know, for tim for my employees. I can actually make emotionally intelligent decisions and not.
Speaker 2: Be ruled by my emotions.
Speaker 1: Especially as someone who you know, is female, who is a working mom, who has two businesses, like I've got a lot happening all the time, it would be very easy to let my emotions run the show. I really see meditation as like it's clearing the gunk and it's creating this like let's reset, Like let's reset to zero, so I have capacity to be creative, to you know, have business ideas, to all.
Speaker 2: Those sorts of things.
Speaker 1: It's so so important to reset. So that's really what my meditation is so once I've reset, and then the next and this is the last part of my morning routine. So it's literally a four part morning routine.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: Is I then am very intentional with my intentions for the day or my manifestations. So you guys know, I'm a big manifesto.
Speaker 2: It's the work that I teach and preach. I truly believe.
Speaker 1: It's like, if you're not clear on what you want and where you're going, you're going nowhere. And I don't mean that in like a very harsh way and like a very you need to know all the specifics all the time. But every morning I either do. I believe they call this on TikTok like a scripting sort.
Speaker 2: Of vibe, but I'm saying it.
Speaker 1: I personally call it a rech where I will talk and I'd usually do this driving, so I put on some like fun music. Again, I'm like raising my vibration in the car with some fun music and I will riff about maybe there's like a certain manifestation I'm trying to call in, like maybe we are trying to get a new wholesaler in Naked Harvest, or maybe in Riisaconca we are launching a new course, and I will riff on what I want that outcome to be. So you know, I'll be seeing the car, there'll be music going, and I'll be like.
Speaker 2: Holy shit.
Speaker 1: We had a thousand people sign up to the New Rise Challenge and everyone was so excited. I loved creating the content for this. Everyone thought it was so fun and so a vibe and now everyone is going to have the most incredible transformation and make meditation stick. And you know what else. They loved the community aspect of the app. They loved connecting to like minded people, and it felt so fucking good for someone to be able to, you know, connect with this community and to have this resource and the team.
Speaker 2: We're vibing.
Speaker 1: We didn't have any issues in the back system, and I would really go off on a tangent of what I want to happen, or maybe it's like in my personal life, like me and Tim are going away that weekend, and I'm like, oh my god. Me and Tim had the most amazing weekend away.
Speaker 2: We didn't find at all.
Speaker 1: We had the most amazing food, We had such deep conversations. He asked me amazing questions. I loved chatting to him about like what I want to accomplish this year.
Speaker 2: There was so much connection. You know, we had great.
Speaker 1: Sex, like we and you would like I'd go on about it in like quite very specific detail of like how I want to feel and I feel like some people can think a bit, what if you're setting yourself up for like disappointment or like it doesn't turn out that way.
Speaker 2: That's not the point.
Speaker 1: It honestly rarely turns out that way, and that's life. But you are putting yourself on the vibration of what you want and how you want to feel, which is going to always get you closer to that and always get your juices thinking and your brain thinking to make that happen. Because your subconscious brain is always trying to create evidence of what you believe. So like the very simple explanation of that is like when all of a sudden you decide you want a white porschem, can you start seeing them everywhere because your brain is like, well, that's what she wants and giving her evidence.
Speaker 2: And so that's that.
Speaker 1: Like people think, oh, it's a coincidence, blah blah blah. No, it's literally what our subconscious brain does.
Speaker 2: It's like how we're wired. So by you talking about these concepts that you want, you really going into detail of how you want to feel and being on the vibration, your brain will start collecting evidence and showing you evidence through the day of that.
Speaker 1: So for example, with me and Tim, you know, having the best weekend, it's like maybe that morning Tim texts me and it's like, hey, babe, just thinking if you can't wait for this week and love you so much, my brain would be like, see, you're going to have the best weekend, or you know, it's it's going to start really making sure that. It's like maybe I get to work and I'm like, oh, I'm gonna buy I'm going to buy the Rise and Conquer conversation cards for the for the weekend with Tim, Like it's going to give you ideas to make that happen. So I am usually doing more work orientated rifts because these are usually on the way to work, but otherwise they can be like really personal, like whatever basically you're manifesting, and I also just think these are really fun. They honestly, they do feel weird at the start because you're basically saying things that not aren't true, but like haven't happened yet like they.
Speaker 2: Have, but trust me, they are so powerful.
Speaker 1: I was actually talking to Jamie the other day and I think I might start including some rifts in the Rise app because they are like they just they get me on this vibration. They get me on this vibe that make me feel so lit up. And you can feel your frequency changing, like you can feel it lifting and rising. And that's honestly, like again, i'm driving, I've got music on, I'm just talking in my car.
Speaker 2: It's so easy.
Speaker 1: Obviously, you can script and you can write this down. I just don't really have the time. So that's what I do, and I love doing that and it just like it excites me.
Speaker 2: It gets me going. Obviously.
Speaker 1: You can also like listen to podcasts or those sorts of things, and I definitely used to be I currently am just not consuming that much content, and I think it's because I'm in a season where I am creating a lot of my business. You know, it's the start of the year, and I just find when I'm creating, I don't like to be like having too much noise.
Speaker 2: So I'm just very conscious.
Speaker 1: Right now of just like being in my own vibe and focusing on those things. But another thing with routines I did want to bring into this is like this is my current routine, but it does change and shift, Like sometimes I'm really making time for like journaling in the morning if that's what I've got going on, or like podcasts, or I do listen to podcasts while I walk sometimes too if I'm not seeing a girlfriend. I really think your morning routine should be very sacred to you and have minimal distractions. That's like a huge thing I'm big on in the morning is like again it's like very intentional. It's like me family time, my manifestation time. And then if I've done that morning routine, it's like it doesn't matter how the day goes because like I've really like set up the day and so whatever happens happens, so my loves. That is a bit of an insight. I hope you got some called downloads. Again, if you haven't tried a riffing, I am such a big believer if you have done the project, you would know all about my riffing. And like I said, I will try and bring some to the rise app. I've just got to really think about it because obviously I do them for very specific scenarios, but I don't know. I feel like we can make it happen. But I love you guys so much, and I will tattoo in my next episode. Bye. Yeah Im