Speaker 1: Is it just me? It's Coombs's birthday. We've got a lot of surprises lined up for him this week. In fact, can you hear that? That's our surprise guest a line? Oh my god, Oh my god. I had to install that with the text.
Speaker 2: That was real.
Speaker 1: No, that's the birthday fire. Yeah, Sam, I'm I need your assistance out there to let our guest in.
Speaker 3: Mit you look up to the zoom screens please, yeah, because the first guest is entering shortly.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome.
Speaker 3: Australian producer Scream and Stage Royalty, currently on hold and away, best known for her role as Tessa on Mcloud's Daughters.
Speaker 1: Ladies and Gentlemen, Bridy Carnor, is you are kidding? Hello, Brady, Welcome to the show, Mitchell.
Speaker 2: It's Test from McLeod's Daughters. You're kidding, you don't he hello? You don't realize how much I cherished you and your character all through my childhood. Oh my god, that just makes me feel old. But I'm I'm only turning twenty five. Wasn't the child that long ago?
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Bridy. Wow, this is amazing.
Speaker 2: Thanks for dropping in.
Speaker 4: Really, it's just what one does.
Speaker 2: I do like to interstalk you occasionally as well. You look like you live in a beautiful spot. Where are you again?
Speaker 4: I'm in the byron Shire so I'm on my Oh that is glous. I feel fortunate. I feel pretty lucky, especially at the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're not lockdown or anything, are you.
Speaker 4: Well, we're a bit of anything. We've got restrictions, but we're not lockdown. But we are waiting. So who knows. It's a it's a moving beast.
Speaker 2: It definitely is.
Speaker 4: How are you two going?
Speaker 1: Listen?
Speaker 3: Mitchell, he's used to doing the heavy listing lifting Bridie. He's like ready to ask interview questions.
Speaker 2: I was just about to.
Speaker 4: Say, but I just wanted to ask you how you were?
Speaker 1: How are you Mitchell on your birthday?
Speaker 2: Very well, I'm doing good. I was just going to say, I don't feel that you've aged a day since you for cloud'st you look exactly the same so much.
Speaker 4: I don't, But I love you.
Speaker 1: That's so kind.
Speaker 2: You guys do the occasional reunion, don't you Like you've got the past and a bunch of fans that come along.
Speaker 4: We do. We do all of that, which when someone spoke to me about it, I don't know about five years ago. I was like, I'm not very comfortable with the fan thing anyway or the I don't get it. And I was like, why would they want to come? Why do they want to meet us? I don't get that. And then I went and I was like, oh my goodness. But I loved it because you get to meet people, well we did face to face in the same theater or room or paddic and they tell you intimately how much the show meant to them. So I just loved it.
Speaker 3: Well, all the episodes are up now on standing. If anyone wants to take a trip down memory lane, watch McLeod's Daughters. Brady, listen, Mitch adores you, We adore you. There literally is not a show that goes by where McCloud's Daughters is not brought up.
Speaker 1: We even play do Yeah, we do.
Speaker 2: Actually, Jenna and I a big Cloud's Daughters.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 4: Why is it so? Why?
Speaker 2: I think it just has because I'm from a rural area as well, and I just think it has a lot of heart to it that shows there's just something sentimental about it. And we did a segment where we were rating the best TV theme songs. Jenna put Mcloud's Daughters forward and everything about.
Speaker 1: It is so nostalgic and lovely to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it is true. I mean we did, you know, the truth is. I mean people might say this, but we truthfully all put our hearts and souls into that show. And I know the show profoundly affected me. Professionally, yes, but personally obviously. Now Here I am. I'm a girl who grew up in a city, Melbourne and cat.
Speaker 3: All like.
Speaker 4: I do have days where I go, this is so weird. But here I am doing this stuff that I did, and I would never have predicted it. Ever.
Speaker 2: You've been converted into a real country girl. Can I ask, though, why had to leave? Because the show was kind of shit after you left?
Speaker 4: Oh? Why did I leave? Because I'll tell you why. I was filming till I was nearly eight months pregnant with my first son, Otis, and then I was back on that set. I was flying to the loan He's when he was four weeks olding. Oh my god, like first baby, crazy. Yeah, I should have had a maternity leave. And then I was back filming sort of when he was five weeks old, and we did that for a year as a family. But then it was just like I shouldn't have gone back so soon booth of it, and I think it was just it was just full on. And I also, you know what, I wanted to leave the show when I still felt so proud and connected to it and still loved it. I didn't ever, and I was, you know, I was a little bit burnt out having had a baby in herd. But there is talk that something may happen.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've learned not to get too excited. Every time there's rumors of reunion.
Speaker 1: I get all excited.
Speaker 2: But I think now you're are the closest that you've actually been right, like they were actually chatting with Channel nine about it.
Speaker 4: They are, there's everyone's chatting. So the truth is the feature film script has been written and Posey's very you know, she posts about this, the creator of the show, Posy Graham Evans, and a budget has been done. I don't know if that's scared that the Jesus out of her or not. So we're getting closer, you know, to it actually happening. But to step back into test Mcloud's shoes all these years later, I've never done that with a character who I'm so intimate with. Of course, it would be quite phenomenal. I reckon, I just think it would be so interesting. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, fortunately you look exactly the same, so.
Speaker 3: We can start back at her twenty first birthday. A great premiere episode. I'd like, Brady, this was amazing. You are incredible. I think this is this is a pretty good birthday.
Speaker 1: Surprised.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, Bridy, my pleasure. Happy, happy birthday.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: We love you.
Speaker 1: We'll talk soon.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, thank you. Have a great night. It looks like you are.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we will. We'll have a drink for you, see Bridy. Bye, Brady. See what an eye? There we go? Guess one done and dust it right to Kata. Were you expecting that?
Speaker 2: No, there was not one part of my withan brain that thought that Teth macloud was going to pop up on the fucking computers.
Speaker 3: I told you I got a black Book of celemn Guess I just never use it for the show. I know.
Speaker 1: Isn't just me?
Speaker 2: You should follow these idiots online search a couple of meches