Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: And I'm Pamela Anderson.
Speaker 3: Don't they be here with the panther?
Speaker 4: And it goes, yeah, no oven gloves.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one four three.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Friday morning. It's the Christian O'Connell Show. Happy Friday to Patsy and Jack.
Speaker 3: Friday. Guys.
Speaker 4: Normally i'd say, what are you up to this weekend? But it's it's a kind of downer, isn't it.
Speaker 3: You know, I've actually overbooked this weekend. I've got two trivia nights over zoom. One is our audio producer Mel has invited us all to her trivia night tonight.
Speaker 4: And then has she all the main players on the show.
Speaker 3: Did you not get in?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Not a word. That's alright.
Speaker 2: I'm busy.
Speaker 4: I'm watching to defend milk. You don't strike me as a trivia fan. I'm just saying no. She's actually very very smart to say some people ain't doing those kind of quizzes and some people don't. I just think on a Friday night, knowing you, you just like to get on it, to be honest.
Speaker 3: Pretty well, you can have my spot because I don't want.
Speaker 4: Jack's Chris, your husband takes mine. We insist diving into the world of trivias and quizzes. All right, double thumbs up. Then we go around the show, Me, Jack and Patsy things we're into at the moment. Patsy, what's it?
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't want to be dark. But Sunday night, new show on Channel seven Homicide with Ron iddles. Hey, you talked about doctor death recently and your.
Speaker 3: Love for it.
Speaker 2: This is a brilliant show. Rondles is a former homicide detective in Melbourne, one of the best detectives we've had work for many decades. And he's actually a family friend. We know the family, they're a beautiful family. But this show is a really great insight into how he has cracked some of our biggest cold cases in Victoria and he is just his empathy for the victim's family's how he goes in to talk about how he finally caught the people responsible who have been convicted. It's really a fascinating fly on the wall sort of documentary. How he did it, how he did it, and his tactics and how he befriends the suspects and he's just I've ready autobiography.
Speaker 4: Was a suspect, like in some major crime, I'd be very wary of a guy who is investigating its suddenly shown up my ass with a six pack. I mean you mate, aren't you? Ron Middles? You detected the guy arrested me earlier, and I forget about that.
Speaker 3: Ron Ron Ddles is my mum's weak claim to fame. She texted everybody in our family group WhatsApp? Where's this? Show?
Speaker 4: Busted her one of his successes.
Speaker 3: She was interviewed not as a suspect, but as a possible witness to a crime that happened across the street from us many years ago.
Speaker 4: Is that right? What's this?
Speaker 2: Because he's a huge ten seven and it's really amazingly produced, and he is just he's just the best person. But he was a wonderful detective and I love it. So they go about ten ten of our most famous cases. So the next one Sunday night. So and he's got an autobiography which I read a few years ago. I'll bring it in for you. It's really good. The other thing to brighten things up, I have bought you both presents again, biscuits.
Speaker 4: Can I just say that beautiful color.
Speaker 2: Dress you the green. Yes, it is drumstick in a biscuit. Fans will know Craft discontinued them about six years ago.
Speaker 4: So I love these oven bait snacks.
Speaker 2: And due to overwhelming demand because people were crying out for them to be returned, they've just come back to supermarkets this week.
Speaker 3: I love that overwhelming demand. When that happens, the fans are crying out.
Speaker 2: For They went to Facebook demanded they bring them back, and they've finally done it this week.
Speaker 4: I recommend you favor Chewy drums.
Speaker 2: They're like nothing you will have ever tasted before.
Speaker 4: I spent quite a lot of time dining around Europe. I've had a pretty good standard. There's pans and make things in a biscuit shape. It's not a shape, it's a drum stick shape shape.
Speaker 2: Get some French onion dip dip them in while you're watching Netflix.
Speaker 4: Felt like an order. Then, rather recommend that.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast Jackie Boy double thumbs up this week.
Speaker 4: What are you giving it to? Mate?
Speaker 3: First of all, we're eating a very delicious ice cream at the moment. Remember we all talked about eating gelato by coincidence.
Speaker 4: We started the week talking about.
Speaker 3: So bank is always three days behind on the podcast. She heard that yesterday and she called me on my way home from here. She said, you guys talking about Gelati is making me crave ice cream. Please stop anywhere and pick up some ice cream, as long as it has chunks in it. So I went for Ben and Jerry Is always seems to have like every sweet ever invented crunched up, So I picked one at random. It was so delicious?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 3: Ben and Jerry's cookie dough switcher?
Speaker 4: O that cookie dough Crasty one Blockbusters you'd get your video and then you get Ben and Jerry's or Hargan Das.
Speaker 3: It's how the ice cream in there anymore? It's just like brownies and Checker Spell and a cookie dough with a little bit of ice cream.
Speaker 4: Right. I think there's a factory next door, like broken biscuits, and they just drive them around to old Ben and Jerry.
Speaker 3: And then what I've been watching yesterday? I went down a YouTube binge of these fan made YouTube edits montages of comedy panel shows are so good and the great Sean Locke, who sadly passed away earlier in the week. He is a standout on the show eight out of ten cats a British show, and he's the best of all time of those regular guests on any comedy panel show and thank him. Do you have a favorite and watch Sewan Lock on YouTube today, You'll really get a great look out of it.
Speaker 4: Sean was someone I've known for twenty years and I went from being a fan of his when I first started in stand up I don't know about ninety seven, and I remember when I first moved to London, I won a new act competition at a London comedy club and the prize was I won twenty five bucks, right, which is a big oh. I'd never been paid for actually tanning joons before. I think it was only like twenty two. I just moved to London, and then the big prize was was allowed to come back on Friday night and open for Sean Locke, and I remember then three years later I got on then when I was doing London Breakfast Radio and I got him on as a guest and we became mate. So Sean, I've never about twenty years genuinely, hand on heart, the funniest stand up I ever saw and I've been very lucky to see Chris Rock, Chappelle, Biddy Connley, all amazing standards, but Sean always made me laugh the hard as a really willing If you watch eight or ten Cats, there's some of the finest comedians on the world, although hosted by Jimmy Carr, who's an amazing stand up. But when you watch those clips on there, like I did yesterday, sort of very sad about Sean. He's only fifty eight and leaves behind his three kids as well. But Sean on there, you see the other comedians who are killer comedians, right, they all sit back like they know there are levels to what you can do as a comedian. And even Jimmy Carr looks like a fanboy who's just like screaming with laughter.
Speaker 3: He's got a gravitational pull about yes on that show punching Sean Locke into YouTube.
Speaker 4: His take on the Tiger that Came to Tea that Sean wrote as a fake chilter. But start there. It's called the Tiger that Drank Beer and they did all these illustrations to go with Sean's story for it's one of the funniest for minute clips you'll see on eight out of ten Cats Hug. You mentioned it the other day, actually yesterday, I actually I was watching that. Thanks mentioned. Sean is a great comedian, a great man as well. Much missed Christian Connell Show podcast. I haven't seen the show. My eldest daughter has read the book. She's burning through all these Leanne Moriarty books. You know the ones that Reese Witherspoon's production company. So we love the one that was on Prime. I think it was last year, Big Little Lice. Yes, I thought that was amazing. There's a new one tonight. It's called Nine Perfect Strangers, and my daughter Ruby's read the book said it's a brilliant bok. Nicole kibbens, I think i've seen the commercial.
Speaker 7: Mi.
Speaker 4: Carl Kibman's back. Spooky Kidman is sad. Yeah, she's obviously moved on from Hugh Grant. He's still inside and the other thing she was in the undoing earlier. She's now back Nine Perfect Strangers. It starts tonight on Prime. Really looking forward to seeing that. My wife has asked me to recommend this to you guys, despite I can't. I literally have to leave the room. Do you watch that Virgin Rivers.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't got into it yet. I want to cat.
Speaker 4: Nt for my wife. Well, she loves watching the show. To me, right, it seems like every TV show scene where a city girl goes to move out to the country with the simple country poae and even at the scene year when you know where they get out the car and they've got stiletto's and it sinks into the mind. So as I saw that was I'm out. But she actually loves it, and she said, you should tell some of your listeners. They like it, Virgin. And this next thing I'm going to start doing right, A lot of you always some time to time say have you got any movie recommendations? Lots of you've always looking for movie recommendations. I'm going to start doing them by genre. First one I'm going to do, say then, is my top three of heist movies. If you love heist movies. Here's my quick top three right up. First as a joint one Inside Man, which is a great one with Clive Owen and Denzil.
Speaker 3: I watched that again recently. It's so good.
Speaker 4: It is one to watch again. It's really smart, like really well wayne heist movie joint Top three with that and Jackie Brown, which is an awesome Tarantino screenplay. Jackie Brown's brilliant, a very different kind of Robert de Niro and that and Pam Greer, who's the real star of that. Then I go Thomas Crown Affair, the remake with Piers Brosnan and Rennie Russo really really good. And then Number One, the best heist movie I've ever seen, and I watched it once. He is Heat. You've got De Niro and Puccino possibly their best ever movies and together in one movie with a great supporting cast. The action sequence, which is eighteen minutes long, was actually choreographed by one of my friends who's excesses is incredible. It's really good. And he had to train up De Niro, Puccino and Val Kilmner to actually know how to handle guns. And he said that Robert De Niro would turn up like to the shooting range always an hour early. In just a cheap high car was up one of the nicest guys he's ever met. But yeah, Heats and Number One, So those are the highst movies. I put them all up on our show Facebook page and Instagram.
Speaker 3: Have you've seen he I haven't seen here. I really now, I really want to watch that. Can I throw in one bone?
Speaker 4: Please? I love hoist movie ben.
Speaker 3: Affleck in the Town.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's amazing, so good him and who's his brother? And that Jammy Renner that said great movie that those are really good ones.
Speaker 5: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: An innocent chat about a chocolate bar has led into Jack and I having to put paws on it because I want to get your take on this, Patsy. This show cares about chocolate bars, right, KitKat Chunky? What?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: But Jack doesn't. Jack prefers over the humble great original, the og, the KitKat.
Speaker 3: I want to make sure there's no confusion about. When we were ranking our top three bars last week, I put KitKat Chunky in at number two.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's very, very different to a normal tea.
Speaker 4: Tell me about it.
Speaker 2: No, I agree with Jack. I think they're magnificent.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Patsy.
Speaker 4: Too much going on, They've overdone it. The KitKat is the og. There's enough there.
Speaker 2: I like a KitKat on steroids, a big one, me too, And.
Speaker 3: That's what it is. Yankee got can fused and brought home earlier in the week, and normal kit Cat she said.
Speaker 4: That's the person she married. That's the person she married, not a savage that wants some juiced up. It's that's been bumped up.
Speaker 3: I said, sorry, no, take it away.
Speaker 4: I said sorry, I don't sorry, madam.
Speaker 3: A kid, normal Kitcat is the weakest of the chocolate bars.
Speaker 4: Enough. It's four fingers of greatness and you need more.
Speaker 3: No, well, it's like four fingers divided in one bar.
Speaker 4: But no, it takes literally at one gram or one ounce of pressure to break though.
Speaker 3: The exactly one gram feels like what the chocolate is. It's like, honey, I shrunk the kids in a chocolate bar.
Speaker 4: The lightness is part of the it's like a feather, the lovely. Oh, it's so nice, and you have the four fingers great to dunk in tea and then into that into your mouth. That's enough.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised that when KitKat found the Kitcat chunky and went, hey, we'll do normal sized chocolate bars, that they just didn't discontinue the normal kit Cat.
Speaker 4: I bet if you look at Global Cells, who sells more. I bet it's the og and that is my friend, the cat that's been there for years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is an old and tell you.
Speaker 4: I tell you what's really nice. You get some chocolate and you break up kick cat into it and then grind it in.
Speaker 3: So you have to add something else to make it good, whereas you can eat it enjoyed.
Speaker 4: It's the equivalent to eighteen miles bas it is. One chunky is equivalent to twenty nine mass.
Speaker 3: I like the density because you feel satisfied.
Speaker 2: It's like crunching.
Speaker 4: Isn't a dense thing. If you weighe chocolate's bearest essence, it's zero point nine grams.
Speaker 3: You can eat a normal kit Cat and you're not satisfied.
Speaker 4: No, Yeah, the new people are greedy. I am very satisfied after four fingers. Excuse me.
Speaker 2: That's why they check out at the supermarket. They don't have the old fashioned nanny ones. They have the big chunky ones.
Speaker 4: You've got all these gluttonous people that are going around that want too much of a good thing, like eight liter bottles of coked Patty's right.
Speaker 3: It's almost become a unique purchase now where you have to go to a specialty store to get that. Nobody wants those four fingers.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I bet my KitKat fans are listening right now, right, are up in arms cooling? Now where do you stand on this? Okay, don't just be a bystander? Og? That's the original one of the four fingers? Or are you the kind of beast that.
Speaker 3: Wants to be the beast?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 3: Are you.
Speaker 4: Who known behind doors as a beast?
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o' carl show podcast.
Speaker 4: Civil Wars erupted in Australia in this studio it is on KitKat the og, the original one versus the big old log.
Speaker 3: And that's what you want to have a chocolate bar.
Speaker 4: Think of somebody else watching you devow. Now there's a reason why your wife got you the more sophisticated down to an abbey version for a gentleman Sita the four finger o G. They don't want to see you sticking what looks like a lifestyle replica of a poop in your mouth and shoving it down.
Speaker 3: She misheard last week when I put she heard KitKat shakil my top three and she bought home as a nice treat. Said, oh, I heard you like Kitkats on the radio.
Speaker 4: So you go to the you go to the sauce the og.
Speaker 3: No, no, the og is so different to the Chunky. This Chunky is so fast up.
Speaker 4: You can't have Chunky without the og.
Speaker 3: You can't. True it developed from there, but they made it way better. It's the Chunky is the dark Knight and the forefingers og is the original.
Speaker 4: Dare you Lissena, Justin and Geelong Jack? You're getting duped the in a KitKat. There's a lot more You get less chocolate, more wafer with the chunky.
Speaker 3: No, there's a lot more chocolate on the outside of Chunky.
Speaker 4: Who we got here? First of all, we have camel?
Speaker 9: Hi Christian?
Speaker 4: Are you so? It's a very appropriate sounding name as well as starts with camel. All right, what do you think kick out the original one, the four fingered one, all that big old beasts.
Speaker 10: The Chunky definitely the original. That that chunky thing is just disgusting. The chunky thing in the bean for me.
Speaker 3: Came Have you actually had the chunky?
Speaker 10: It's like the most disgusting claggy claggy.
Speaker 4: You can split this world into two people, those of us who aren't claggy, and then the claggy people like Jack and Pats claggers claggy.
Speaker 10: The reason why.
Speaker 4: I saw that put your fingers down and inside the right sorry carry on the reason why.
Speaker 10: The ankle boarding home in original because she was probably too embarrassed by the chunky.
Speaker 4: To be singing with the guy putting a deuce in his mouth exactly exactly.
Speaker 10: And also Christian one hundred percent with you original. Great for dunking in a cup of tea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what a lovely thing to fill disintegration into your mouth with chocolate and wife.
Speaker 11: Coletely such a weak cho lately, Camel, thank you.
Speaker 4: It's nice to chat to a fellow adult who we got here, David by Christian. Now, I'm good buddy. So where do you stand on this? Then? The original word kick kat or the beast, the chocolate one, the big chunky.
Speaker 12: Oh, Karmel has no idea. It's got to be the chunky. You've definitely got to go.
Speaker 8: The chunk just gives it to you, you know.
Speaker 4: It's just it's just one of those things sophisticated. It's a vomit. There's too much there. It's a pile of chocolate.
Speaker 8: The original kick cats is too nasty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is nay, very nappy.
Speaker 4: It's not naffy. It's natty, and I'm a.
Speaker 13: Natty man, and especially if you go to the servo and get some fuel, always get the share bar.
Speaker 12: As well, because it's a little bit longer, a little bit.
Speaker 14: Bigger, and it's like, oh, it's just like heaven.
Speaker 15: It really is.
Speaker 4: Just those servos know that people are tired, aren't they. They're going then to the fuel and they always have the call like you're not you're not strong enough to resist those like eight kilo it's like a barbell of chocolate. Then they go, oh, they always there's always like a game show. You don't know whether you get a good deal. They go, oh, and this kilo chocolate bar, it's twenty five cents.
Speaker 3: The second one is always five cents. Ten dollars for the first one.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you very much, David, have a nice weekend.
Speaker 13: And that yes Christian, Oh my god, what was d even talking about that? Such he is the most revolting things. Give me an original four finger any die?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is beautiful. It's a delicacy, isn't it It is?
Speaker 3: You know what else? The delicacies frogs, legs, those those birds eggs that people eat with the birds still inside, which you've got disgusting things.
Speaker 4: Delicacy, foreign you've got no sophistication. A foreign food is too much to my little Tom Tom delicate?
Speaker 3: Is it always disgusting?
Speaker 4: Let's go to Cassius. You looking for anyone else who can talk to you in the studio like a go at the bus shelter, Katie, Katty, Kitty, Katty Katie.
Speaker 6: But make you Christian bok. I don't know what Annette's talking about, because no one wants four fingers. Come on, kit Kat, Chunky is absolute king, Chunky fan, Chunky is king.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you this question. Let me ask you this question. When your love affair began with the great KitKat? Who was there for you? First of all? Did you start the gateway of it all your best friend who's dependable, the original kit Cat? Or do you go straight to the Chunky?
Speaker 6: Straight to the Chunky mate, There's no need to mess around with the original saddens me. Yes, it's typical that an Englishman would.
Speaker 1: Make Yeah, okay, the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Go on to Scott, who's just email email me. His job is to go around this city, right and top up slack vending machines.
Speaker 3: Ah right, so he will have a live stat he'll know about the kid Kat verse Kick Catshuck.
Speaker 4: You might be interested to know that the original brackets og Kitcat sells way more than the Chunkies because it can't get out that little jaw at the bottle. That's why. All right. So each week, then, when we're doing our A to Z the eighties as part of the all the various stories about the eighties and that letter this week's mean about the letter M Jackie Boy going and watching Magnum and Miami Vice for the first time, we also do the one Second winner. This is where I literally play one second of a song and this week it's obviously artist or title to deal with this week's letter, which is the letter M. I'm looking at these points here. Pats is on one point two billion, you're you're on sixty million. You've got thirty million points for just one right answer. Last week, I'm going to reset things to zero zero week I know, but now I'm resetting it to ze. Are both players happy with this?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: It doesn't want to know because I'm leading extraordinarily early aerially, well, and now we have to go back to dot zero.
Speaker 4: I think it's comedy or all right, Okay, you're ready then one second. These are songs in the eighties to do with the letter M artist or title you ready, ready poised read zero dotted? Whoa amazing skills one million points? Well done? Bat scene? All right? Feel three to playing on sponge?
Speaker 3: May I suggest we just go back to if we're going back to zero anyway, we just go.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear that because Jack talked over it. May I hear it again? Plays?
Speaker 4: Yes? Wo'tune? Last year on Who's Coming Christian? We have an hour long chat with Rob Mini min know is true? Come on, Jackie, but she's running away at the moment. Who is this from the eighties to do with the letter M artistal title?
Speaker 2: A material girl. It's one of my favorites.
Speaker 4: It's actually embarrassing to seem like this was the old Friday.
Speaker 2: Letting me win today?
Speaker 3: Jay, you're so fast?
Speaker 4: You want a steroids? All right? A little bit trickier this one.
Speaker 2: Oh that's Stevie Wonder And the name of the song is mm hmmmm muster blaster.
Speaker 4: I mean you were sadly could have assist. Well done, Patsy four from four for Patsy. You were singing this in the studio the other day. You like you like this song from the eighties, Let's travel. What is that? That's the question asking? Is that.
Speaker 3: He related mister mister.
Speaker 4: A little nuts there everybody. They are training wheels on it. All right, I'm going to reset the scores right now, going to put one billion on this.
Speaker 3: It's only fair.
Speaker 4: This is so easy, this is going to be so quick. Get ready?
Speaker 2: Is this for us to guess? Not for the listeners?
Speaker 3: You do you want to safety dance and men with hats men without hats.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's radio. There's no clue why he came. He's sorry, go what I come back?
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 4: Podcast yesterday the one word phoning, Well once a week, we just used one word to get your phone. Your stories. We had loads yesterday because there's about something you hold very dear, the great Holden car. One word. We're looking for your story about a holding. We had so many amazing stories. Well they came into this email today about a guy who found out a couple of years ago, him and his brother and sisters all grown up now, and one Christmas, after a couple of drinks, that all came out that the old Holden they used to have. Do you remember the sand Man like a big one, like a station wagon classic. Him and his four brothers sisters are apparently all conceived in the back four. Yeah, yes, there is a phoning to be had. I think it's only in the early part of the show six or seven. Olt, Where were you conceived? That is all we're asking you right now? Okay, but maybe next week between six and seven while everybody's asleep, including our boss. We want to know where were you conceived? Right now? There are two stories that really stood out yesterday. Okay, so we're still looking for extra stories about holding. It's not the one man he's sitting about being conceived in the back of a holding, Sam Man on nine four one four one oh four three. Two stories that stood out yesterday, This one about being saved by nuns from a holding.
Speaker 15: My dad went to pay the actual school fees at the convent for my older brothers, and he left me in the back seat, and I jumped there, pushed a cigarette lighter in. When I popped in, I put it in the glove boxers at Burnley fingers, got back in the back seat and the car burned to the ground.
Speaker 4: I know, obviously you were right. You managed to get out.
Speaker 15: Yeah, the nuns got me head of the car.
Speaker 4: Well, we save nun save for nuns. So as an additional today, has anyone got a story that was being saved by a nun? Now I'll be thinking, does he know our radio works? Okay, no one is like everyone knows. Everyone's got loads of stories about being saved by nuns.
Speaker 3: Just your best saving nun story?
Speaker 4: Play keep the Heather's back. Okay, this might be something we just keep ongoing for the next couple of years. To be honest, the quest one story about being saved by nuns. The other one is stealing something back? Have you listened to this one again? About the Holden my.
Speaker 12: Husband back in Aboutlady five, I think it was we owned a hold and a HQ Holden. He was off to work, but it was stolen. He caught the tram to work that morning. He happened to look at the window and what did he see?
Speaker 7: His beloved Holden.
Speaker 12: What he knew it was his, so he proceeded to then steal it back.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I love that one as well. So this morning more stories about Holden's Any story I've gotten about a Holden? One? Four, three and bonus tracks today. Then have you got a story about being saved by nuns or indeed just a nun and stealing something back? Nine four one four, one oh four three, Let's see what happens?
Speaker 5: Probably nothing, well, Christian No Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Only ten days ago, ten seats ago until the return off Christian. Who's got in? Christian is back? Here's how worksen. You are celebrities online, that's Instagram, whether it's TikTok, whether it's Facebook, whether it's Twitter, through their official websites, to give me a call. It all starts ten days time for two weeks whenever you hear the clacks, and it means that someone has called us from someone in Australia or all over the world, as they have done for the last two years of doing Who's Calling Christian? Because actually the kicker for them is the winning celebrity as voted for by you guys, gets twenty five this year. It's twenty five thousand dollars for the charity of their choice, just one phone called a couple of minutes, and also any they don't win the whole money, they get to raise awareness about these amazing charities right here in Australia, which this year I have their worst every years trying to get any kind of funding for very understandable reasons. Because COVID you also get twenty five thousand dollars the same amount for getting them to give us a call. And the people who won this the last couple years, they literally just from one message from their phones. Do you want to find out more? All the details? Very easy little video to watch as well. Christian o'connells show dot com dot Au. Yesterday it kind of already started. I've noticed that a lot of you are messaging your favorite celebrities, whether they're from the eighties nineties. Thank you very much to lots of people who have found Steve Guttenberg, the goot an actor I veered greatly from the eighties. I saw a lot of you were asking him to give me a call on Instagram yesterday. Good luck. Yeah, people are already contacted b when yesterday Rory Sloane. Now there's a reason why Rory Sloane was on your wish list chat. Why did you want Rory study give us a call?
Speaker 3: We were talking about him on Monday because he's the reason that my wife has left the Essendon Football Club as a fan and now barracks for the Adelaide Crows because she saw Rory Sloane in them the Making Their Mark documentary.
Speaker 4: He called yesterday this is what I have about eight thirty just called him.
Speaker 8: I check my again and it's all grew up with people.
Speaker 14: God, you've got to call this now, We've got to call this number and what is.
Speaker 16: The exact same?
Speaker 8: And so what's going on here?
Speaker 4: And we had a listen to Yeah here I am eleven days early. Goat use The Monday's podcast got an extra download from Roy Sloane. Did he say his wife's also asked to keep twenty five round? Does she get she?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 4: Does she get the twenty five downs?
Speaker 3: I guess technically she will?
Speaker 4: Yes, all going to the Sloan family. All right, So guys, who are you excited? Who would you be loving to get a phone call from in two weeks time, ten days time when it starts.
Speaker 3: He's someone we haven't heard of in a while, but I know they have a new Netflix show coming out next year, so maybe they're active again. The great Mike Myers.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, Yes.
Speaker 3: It's been a long time since we've seen great stuff come from Mike Miles. Of course, Austin powers Wayne's World the voice of Shrek.
Speaker 4: Speaking, I'm not hearing the love Guru for a reason.
Speaker 3: She's still has got around the seeing the love Guru.
Speaker 4: Don't. Life's too short with hevery a pressure amount of time. But you're right, I mean Wayne's World alone, just to thank you for giving us Wayne.
Speaker 3: He has given us so much great comedy, and he's making this Netflix comedy where he's I think he's doing a bit of an Eddie Murphy where he plays all the characters that you see on screen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hope it's great. I hope it's great. You missed out telling you what it is. An underrated movie is so I married an axe murderer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was brilliant.
Speaker 4: I love that you've seen that.
Speaker 3: I have not seen that.
Speaker 4: Oh it's great, really really smart. Perhapsly who would you love to be getting a call from whom the listeners better track down for you?
Speaker 2: You know what I've added to my list is Dolly Parton.
Speaker 4: Oh my God, a legend. H Yes.
Speaker 2: And you know it's really funny because our ten year old, for some reason, absolutely adores her. And I don't know, because we don't necessarily play her music a lot at home. We watched nine to five the other weekend.
Speaker 4: But she just.
Speaker 2: Loves her and she's got you know, those little golden books of women that have accomplished lots of great things, and Dolly has a biography in one of those, and she's just she reads it all the time.
Speaker 4: I'd love to hear from the inspiration to hers. She Johnny Marton's a proper trailblazer where it wasn't very hard for women to get long lasting careers.
Speaker 2: She really is. In the seventies, when she was coming really to her fame, she got a lot of flak about how she wore wigs like it was really awful, and she was really dominant in that. She said, I know who I am. I don't need other people to tell me who I am. And I think is a role model for my daughter, who's ten. I think I'm so thrilled that she's into her.
Speaker 4: It's great, amazing to get Donny Pinte on the show.
Speaker 3: Have you guys heard Dolly Partners America? This great podcast, Oh Banker put me onto it. I can't believe I haven't told you about it yet. It's so good. Dolly Partons.
Speaker 4: I spent ten minutes the other week telling us about a scrubbing thing in the kitchen called scrub Daddy.
Speaker 3: Your scrub daddies are in the mail.
Speaker 4: Thank you last week. Yeah, this week just looked up America.
Speaker 3: Dolly s Partons America. I can't believe I haven't told you about it yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah. For somebody who like Eddie Murphy where she blames lots of different characters, minds you're one of them.
Speaker 3: No, it's a fan made podcast. There's guys who a huge fan of her, but then gets an interview with her and makes a whole series out of the interview. And it's actually so awesome. And I didn't know. I hardly knew any of Dolly Parton's music except for Joline. Yeah, and I will always love you. But then this opens it up. It's such she's got an amazing story.
Speaker 4: Oh, we've got to get her on. Johnny Parton, the other one, I would love never interviewed him, come close a couple of times. I think he's an amazing actor. Russell Crowe. If you want to message Russell Clowe. He spends a lot of time on the social media platform Twitter. I see he responds, he's always very friendly to fans as well. I think Russell Crow it'd be a great chat as well. And you know the other week we were talking about who could play Shane Warn in this movie crow Man, the crow Man, Russell Crowe get him some hair dye. He can be wan he I want to picture to but one also say get Tarantino to direct the Shane War movie can be a different kind of movie then. Anyway, whoever you want to get to try and give us a call, whether it starts on the eighties like Steve Guttenberg or Johnny part and musical legends like that. Whoever you contacting, thank you very much. It is twenty five thousand dollars for the chowity of their choice. And you also get a huge amount of money for one message from your phone to the asking to give us a quick call on who's calling Christian everything we're talking about, how you can do it, Christian o'connellshow dot com dot AU. Good luck and as you're asking them, let us know how you getting on.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: All right, maybe this is you, but ra about twelve hours from now, I will be sat in front of the TV with my two daughters and my wife, and we'll be arguing about what to watch, whether it's a movie or TV show. Is really hard now in lockdown to get any kind of consensus or agreement. The kids will go not one of your old movies from the eighties. They're all really slow. We don't wantnything too sad. What's going on at the moment, not too much action. It needs to be funny, not too much serious. It's really hard just to pick one movie that's going to please everybody. Is that you were every Friday or Saturday night at the moment you're sat there flicking through all the various sort of options and titles, and you don't know which one to go for if it is and you're going to be anxious in about twelve hours time that couch TV anxiety. Give me call. We might be to help you out today.
Speaker 1: Carl A Bragger, No, you're listening to the Christian o'carl show podcast.
Speaker 4: Golden Age of TV at the moment and movie all of our fingertips all on our TV screens. There's almost like too much choice every Friday and Saturday night our family. I don't know, if it's like yours, You're on the couch, you want to watch something together and you don't know where to go because everyone's got different opinions. Everyone's shouting. I get generally really anxious. It's my job in the family to pick the movie. Everyone's very good at saying what they don't want to watch, but they don't give me any ideas of what to work with.
Speaker 3: And then all the pressure is on you because you make a final decision.
Speaker 4: And I can't relax. You know. That's why sometimes actually quite nice going to the cinelar by yourself. You're not worried if someone else is enjoying it the whole fifteen to twenty minutes. I'm looking down seeing it once I've made my pick, saying that other kids picked up the phone. Oh no, they've gone on TikTok they hate it. Then my wife wild nice to be like, why did you pick this one? So we might be able to help you out tonight? Do you have that, Patsy? Yeah?
Speaker 2: The love God gives up and throws the remote at either Ordery or I.
Speaker 4: You choose, then all right, let's go to which Good morning ange?
Speaker 9: Can I guys?
Speaker 7: I need a laugh?
Speaker 11: Laugh.
Speaker 9: I need to.
Speaker 4: That was just a message to us guys in there. You need a laugh. Do something. Dance monkey dance.
Speaker 9: I need a laugh, something like Adam Sandler and I'll have Hobby on the couch with me. No dab, he'll buddy fall asleep again. But I need something to make laugh and keep him awake.
Speaker 4: So ideally the Sandman Adam Sandler.
Speaker 9: Oh anything Adam Sandler?
Speaker 4: I like, yeah, what have you already seen so we know what we're not working?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 4: Have you seen domes with the Zohan?
Speaker 9: Yeah? What's another one? Happy Gilmore Way?
Speaker 4: Seeing all the early ones? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, all right, yeah.
Speaker 4: Now do you mind what decade this is? Are we talking recent sad Man? Or don't you mind going back like ten to fifteen years?
Speaker 9: Oh well, I'm all probably ten fifteen years?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, all right, let's take some suggestions then, for Angie and what's your husband's.
Speaker 3: Name, Angie? Does it have to be the Sandman? Or can we find comedies in the Sandman's range that you would enjoy?
Speaker 9: Just something similar?
Speaker 4: Would you accept a Will Ferrell? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Probably except him?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Steve Careller, Nope, coutching. Okay, this is not being back on my couch twelve hours ago, fell up, we're married. It's recreating it, all right, Ang, let's kill it now? What should Ange and her husband Ian watch tonight? Give us a call? They basically like everyone right now, we just need to laugh. What's the funniest recommendation on a movie you can recommend?
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: What one movie would you recommend to somebody who really needs to laugh right now? Just one movie recommendation, last guaranteed. The situation most of us in every Friday night is just too much choice, and you've got too many people saying what they don't want, who they don't like. How do you pick one movie with the best chance of keeping everyone happy. There's a situation that Ange is in with her husband in and we're trying to help her out tonight with your recommendations for what they should watch. All right, just get A's back before we go to line with your recommendations. And yo, she's a coffee And so you're looking for something funny, Yeah, ideally with Adam Sandler, but something like The Sandman, something equivalent value to Adam Sandler.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but not too corny, too.
Speaker 4: Corny detail there not too corny. Can I just ask, by the way, have you seen Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston in the one they did about two years ago Murder Mystery? Very funny? No there, contender. All right, let's added to the mix sense. First of all, go to the anchor.
Speaker 16: Good morning, good morning, How are you good?
Speaker 4: Bi anchor? All right, so you're on with Ange? What would you recommend?
Speaker 16: All right, Hi, Ange, I know that you were saying that you're not a big Fairness Days correl. But there's an all the movie with him and Tina Fey and it's called Date Night. But the best bit is it has Mark Wahlberg with no shirt on. So it's awesome everyone.
Speaker 4: Okay, just a shirt this wall bar is all you were looking for. I mean, he shirt this in every movie he does a movie with his whole top on.
Speaker 3: Well there, I guess we go to the because of the Mark Warburg first track.
Speaker 4: Who knew to the wisdom of Bianca to unlock this? Really? To cut through to the subtext? Shut this work? All right, thanks guys, Biancha have a good weekend. Let's go to It feels like a formality, but anyway, let's go through the corners, Lukie, come.
Speaker 8: On him, there you go.
Speaker 4: I'm good. Does this your pitch feature any hunky guy being shirtless?
Speaker 8: Oh no, not this one. It's got in it though, so that I guess. But it's called Stuba. I don't know if you've heard of it. Basically, it's sort of an action movie, but it's actually super hilarious throughout the whole movie. He goes his eyes done so we can't see, so he gets this uber, which the guy's name is stew So that's why Stuba.
Speaker 4: And these movie writers know what they're doing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And he's constantly trying to make him do things they shouldn't be doing, so they're just constantly arguing throughout the whole amer Do.
Speaker 4: You remember that Gene Wilder movie with Richard Pryor He No Evil? See No Evil? It's that that's great? All right? How does that one sound?
Speaker 10: That's like my life?
Speaker 9: Yeah? You might have got there.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, thank you very much, have a nice weekend, Elle tomorrow.
Speaker 13: Hello, Hell, are you I'm a good?
Speaker 4: Hell? Which movie recommend recommending to? Andoh? On the couch tonight with a husband? Ian?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 17: Well, if you like Adam Sandler and you have to watch Little Nikki or The Wedding Singer. I've watched them both well over thirty times. Speak Adam Samer fan, highly recommend your husband won't fall asleep?
Speaker 4: Great, Adam ass peak Sandman movie. That wedding scene is brilliant. Yeah, and is that you going the air?
Speaker 9: I've seen it about ten thousand times as well.
Speaker 4: You need to show off there, I see I seen it ten thousand times.
Speaker 6: All right, thank you, bye.
Speaker 4: Tricky customers for the first one. We go ahead, Dave, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, good Dave. What movie you're recommending to old mate? And here you.
Speaker 8: Can't you can't go past Try and Wreck with Amy Schumer.
Speaker 4: Yes, Bill Hady, very very funny. Yeah, I watched it last weekend with my girls. They loved it. And you have that Amy Schumer funny movie train Wreck, Lebron James in it as well. It's very good.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Trying Yeah, Trying Wreck and.
Speaker 4: Again train Wreck saying that yet yeah, okay, and we need a decision now, will I know which way it's going to go? But let's just ask anyway, and what will you and he and me watching on the couch tonight.
Speaker 9: Well, I've heard of Trying Wreck and I've heard of Date Night, but I've never heard of Stuba. I might go Stuba whoa leave the veil?
Speaker 4: And I feel like millionaire hot seat? Is that your fine answer? Honestly, my gut feel this. I don't know. Why don't Why don't you try Murder Mystery? Have you seen them?
Speaker 9: I'll watch every one of them?
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I guess we've got time moment, all right, So you're gonna start with Stuba tonight.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'll watch Stuba tonight during the weekend, and I'll tell you which one was the best.
Speaker 4: All right. We'll kill you monday and and we'll find out what you and Ian light. Okay, that's divorced. Yeah, all right, and enjoy your movie tonight, stupor it is, thank you, bye bye and bye bye.
Speaker 5: Now the Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: All the movies that were recommended to and were put on our Facebook and Instagram pages as well. We can find everything about who's calling Christian. But also if you are you are looking for any movie recommendations and you want to try some of those, we put them up there right now. Then stand by a band and stand by phones. Stam by your band.
Speaker 3: Don't be a shamed you like them just because.
Speaker 5: The world don't understand.
Speaker 4: I'm just thinking, if Dolly Parton does call him, who's calling Christian a player?
Speaker 13: This?
Speaker 4: Could she rate and review? Could she re record it for us? All right? Stand by bands, your songs, your guilty pleasures, the songs you listen to when no one else is around. That's what we get into every single Friday. And we played one of these last week. We actually played two, one of you. Remind of this great song from the eighties Baltimore Tarzan jungle Boy, Don't enough. I don't think you'd ever heard of it.
Speaker 3: I steal for me the greatest treasure to come out of.
Speaker 4: This, Yes, yeah, brilliant song. Now we actually played two last week's back to back, and what a double play. We went from this into Heaven ready, this golden banger? All right, call us up there then stand by a burn? What is the song your secret embarrassed to make you like? But you really do like when no one else is around? Jackie boy, what have you brought in this morning?
Speaker 3: Here's something I've been listening to every day this week as I get into the car and go back home. It was introduced to me by a caller from this show when we were doing top three theme tunes from TV shows. Oh Yeah, which Matt rang in and said, believe it or not, the theme from the Greatest American Hero. Now, this is an awesome song.
Speaker 4: It is this is Friday, rent all over it never song sung by Joey Scarborough, composed by Mike Post who did just about all all TV themes. It's the eighteen rock for files Hill Street Blues Magnum.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize it actually transcended being just a TV theme and made it into the Billboard charts john at number two even in Australia.
Speaker 4: Way, this is a great song, Patsy, what are you going for this week? Then?
Speaker 2: This reminds me of cold winter mornings watching Rage at like two in the morning at home when I was a teenager getting funky That's.
Speaker 7: All Old Dolver to the other satellite Tina.
Speaker 4: I actually went and brought the album at the track song there I Still Got my Money tone I a great song. I'm going for this one right. I was listening this two days ago. I was taking the one of kids out and I thought that they might like this song because they do kind of like some of their eighties and nineties stuff that we play on this station. And straight away it was met with get this off, it's old people music. I disagree. What do you guys think about this? The Amazing Heart and alone, I'm going to power about it today. This is a big song.
Speaker 5: Well, Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: What is a song that you listen to when no one else is around? It's your guilty pleasure, Jackie boy, there's no guilty pleasure in this. What a great song? Theme tun to TV show Great American Hero. This is a good Friday song. And we got the bit from George in side filed when he tried to recreate this as his voice message on his answer machine.
Speaker 15: Believe it or not, George, is it at home?
Speaker 4: Leave our message? I must be out where I pick up the farm? Where could I? I'm not home, awsome? Do you remember when we should do that? Let's have their own personalise kind of answering machines. All right, let's gonna take some of your stand by bands first. This morning, we have Julie. Good morning, Good morning, Julie. I know it's a bit late, but I think it was your birthday two weeks ago. Is that right?
Speaker 7: It was Oh my goodness, thank you for remembering.
Speaker 4: That's all right, a very late happy birthday. I'm sorry we didn't we didn't do it sooner, but I appreciate you. You won the I remember on the first call as we got to the show, Julian Morabin, I believe.
Speaker 10: You that's the one.
Speaker 4: All right, Juli. What's your song? Mate?
Speaker 7: Well, it happens to be something from the nineties that I've always loved and it's Baby Got Back.
Speaker 4: Do you know if a guy called insomus, Judy, I wouldn't put them on there? But you know what this is your song? We say it's where no one else is out. There's cranky in your face right now, Judy, So describe to seeing when you're playing this Where are you? Is it a home? Are you in the car?
Speaker 6: A bit of both, but mainly when I'm at home these days, I'm not getting out as lucky of course.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, it's a lockdown anthem. Why do it taste to get U? See the day? Right now?
Speaker 10: And that's my favorite line of all time.
Speaker 4: I forget anything about the beads. So all right, Judy, strong contender, Thank you very much, have a nice weekend. Might be that.
Speaker 12: Thank you you too.
Speaker 4: Bye, Samantha, Hi are you doing? I'm good? So what is your guilty pleasure song? For stand by your band?
Speaker 14: I would be what's the moment? I am currently a home big day much in my my neighbor's name, but in a circle twitch.
Speaker 4: There's a theme with the ladies today. This is not what I would consider to be one of the creepiest lines in music.
Speaker 11: Girl, I'm gonna make you.
Speaker 4: He's on the line and they're not that bit of the song. That's the song all right as well?
Speaker 14: Heart is a banger heart and heart alone is a banger of a song. So don't you use this trust of judgment?
Speaker 4: All right? Okay, have great choice. Recall me don't know what week spots. Thank you for reminding me of the faith. I'll be strong. Thank you very much. Have a nice we again, trist thanks for calling. Hey here, we gotta hear it. Peter, Peter, we know you're there. Hello. What's what's your song?
Speaker 8: Joe Dolcy?
Speaker 3: Shut up on your face?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 17: Wow?
Speaker 4: What do you think you do?
Speaker 15: Why you look?
Speaker 4: It's as.
Speaker 14: Shut up for your face?
Speaker 4: This song sober? This is the song you go to off a couple of drinks. Great one, Peter, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: All right, take care.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: They did showan early this morning his tribute to Michael Goodinski, which is now out and uh it's in in a collaboration with the Cradle of Filth. I don't know how familiar you guys are a Cradle of Filth. Some of their songs we do that next week. We'll stand by your band ed sharingly maybe for many with these written. So honey, I'm not sure how there's two of them are gonna sound together, Craig leved or whatever they're gonna call it. But this morning on the time Waste, we're looking for you to merge two bands. What do you get if you cross or indeed merge Metallica with the Lady Gaga? That's right, you get Metallic Gaga. What do you get if you cross the band Thunder with Bush Thunder Bush Bronze? What do you cross? What do he gave you a cross? Jay z and Zz Top jay Zz Top. I'd like to hear that collaboration Silver Plus. What about Leo Sayer and Slayer? That's right, Leo Slayer.
Speaker 3: Silver.
Speaker 4: Oys, to men at men at work, boys to men at work.
Speaker 3: I think you're giving them away when.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry gold silver for boys to work, Jackie boy, what have you got? Merged two bands, sir?
Speaker 3: Little mix a lot, little.
Speaker 4: Mix, because I know which ones you emerging together there, so I say ages for that.
Speaker 3: I'll do it your way. Imagine we could merge Seal with a heavier band like Seal, but he's not heavy enough a sealed d Seal.
Speaker 4: Oh Silver, Now, I'm gonna upgrade that.
Speaker 3: And we love the Mummas and the puppers, but they again, just not heavy enough.
Speaker 4: You're looking for another heavy one.
Speaker 3: Night Mummies, Mumma's and the puppa Roach Bronze and again Cisco. We loved him heavy enough. Cisco down Cisco.
Speaker 4: All right, what have you got? Then? Merge two bands? Text him and O four seventy five three one O four three good luck.
Speaker 5: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Right now, Today's time waster with the news and sharing it is collaborating with Cradle of Filth. We're asking you too much? Two bands, jack are you ready to mark? I am Backstreet Beastie Boys. Silver ain't seen a bit download that's bad news. It's coming to the end of the week. You're going to miss me, I know, but come on, acpgs where don't Phil Christian? What do you get if you cross Goo Goo dolls with Lady Gogo, you get Google gag a Doles.
Speaker 3: That is how I should have done it.
Speaker 4: You school being matty boy. Well done, Matty Goo Goo gag Doles. That is great. Uh, Nick Caveman at work silver plus, that's very good to christ I like that puddle of Madonna.
Speaker 3: Gold on Brendan Wham Duran silver plus.
Speaker 4: What a collaboration that would have been sugar Ay Cyrus gold we unjustin Buster Leanne Rhymes silver quite a powerful one, that is too, Nick, Mister Kista, mister mister and kiss mister Kista.
Speaker 3: Didn't like it, Bronze, Oh there you didn't like it, Glenn.
Speaker 4: For no reason, Glenn mark slip knot fla mark not for guitars and distrates with slip knock mark slip knopflok. Gavin, that's very good. Thanks Richard for descending in Van Hayleen.
Speaker 18: By the way, Yes, Banana Ramones silver, Pete The Ronan Killers, ronan keating with the Killers, The Ronan Killers Heaven forbid such a thing.
Speaker 4: Come on a czz Gold Chris rage against the BGS Bronze. Sorry Johnny snoop shaggy Doggie dog Bronze. Too much going on on there, recy boy, Uh you two pack gold, Steve all lies on you, Ari e Eminem Silva, disturbed Barber streisand Bronze and daft village people. Come on, guys, stop dressing up as the traffic cops and then get back to work.
Speaker 3: Bronze finish.
Speaker 4: Come on.
Speaker 1: This is The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Our call of the week where it's tough job. That's a very very funny calls this week. Thank you very much. Here are some of my favorites, one of them winning one thousand dollars for our Friday Caller of the Week.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, The Christian O'Connell Show. Hello, Coller of the week.
Speaker 4: Have you managed to foil anything, Sally, good morning.
Speaker 12: I've certainly foiled someone a tweet general who had just come.
Speaker 17: Out of jail after twenty years and he was studying a burglary spree at Melbourne Grammar.
Speaker 12: And I called him in his track.
Speaker 7: Wow, I was a teacher there.
Speaker 5: Anthony can on him.
Speaker 8: You're really gonna hate me for this, but Richie Sambora is a better singer than John bon Jovi.
Speaker 4: I've said it.
Speaker 8: You listened to Richie Sambora's last album, it's called Aftermath of the Lowdown. Were at least twenty twelve.
Speaker 4: Straight home video, Catherine, come on him.
Speaker 7: Holden my husband about eighty five.
Speaker 12: I think it was.
Speaker 7: We owned a hold and a HD Holden. He was off to work, but it was stolen, so he caught the tram to work that morning. But on his way to work, he was on the tram, he happened to look at the window and what did he see? His beloved Holden.
Speaker 12: What he knew it was his, so he proceeded to then steal it back.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell Kohler of the week, just.
Speaker 4: Some of our favorite calls this week. Getting a one thousand dollars thanks to Mercedes Ben Sperrick. Katherine, it's you.
Speaker 9: Oh really that's amazing, Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, without hearing about your husband stealing back his stolen holding, We've never heard of such a thing, Katherine, you get one thousand dollars.
Speaker 12: Oh, thank you. Christian and the tame you have made my day.
Speaker 4: Have a lovely weekend. Thanks for Colin yesterday. It's a really funny story, well told, Thank you very much.
Speaker 12: Is our anniversary on Sunday, so hopefully when we come in it is horrible hell hole we're in, we'll be able to go out and enjoy nice dinner together. It's thirty four years for us.
Speaker 4: Thirty four years. Wow done. I hope you still much have a nice weekend and market. Okay, thank you very much, all right, take care, thanks you cool all right, must remember this free band Victoria do such important work at the moment. And Kelly who works there, all our mating team, all volunteers shot me an email yesterday. This might be about you or somebody in the you know. But the drive through is back today two o'clock in the afternoon, two till six today for hampers. Be put in the boot of your car, no questions asked, and of course it's contact free Somerville Road Yarraville. We'll put all of us on our radio station website, on the gold Were website and our Facebook page as well. Food bank. Today there's a drive through basically two till six pm for hampers who put into your car, No questions asked. All contact free Somerville Road in Yaoville. If you know someone and you will know someone who's having a really, really tough time, and please let them know about that You've been down them a huge favor. All right, are we all doing the quiz night tonight? We're doing the trilling night on zoo LinkedIn Meil, our audio producer is hosting quiz night tonight. We're all taking bart perats. Are you on board?
Speaker 8: All?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I can't have got other plans?
Speaker 4: Sorry? Is this is this? Because actually Mel just forgot to invite you invited Jack and I and you were just forgotten, not not purposely, No I know, but.
Speaker 2: I'd already made plans.
Speaker 3: What else can you see?
Speaker 4: Not the fuss that got kicked up at the start of the show when she found out is it?
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: So you're not you're not taking part in it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, we've got other plans.
Speaker 4: Oh, I see, Well end it into the show this week.
Speaker 3: We'll look forward to seeing you the trivia night.
Speaker 4: Love to see your colleagues.
Speaker 2: What I just said, have you have a good weekend?
Speaker 4: You was stood in the long grass to sup anyway, who any who Who's Calling Christian? Never yet? Fifty thousand dollars up for grabs. You've got a long weekend ahead of you, all right, lots of time on your phones. Use it. Twenty five thousand dollars will we won by one of you who messages a celebrity and says, hey, can you call Christian? And they call him from all over the world with our James Corden and a Ricky Gervais in London, Olivia and Newton John here in Australia, they do call us. And the reason why is the twenty five thousand dollars up for grabs for the charity of their choice. You also get twenty five thousand dollars for getting the winning celebrity, as voted for by you guys to call us. It begins in ten days time and we rejoin you on Monday morning. It'll be seven days before the return of Who's Calling Christian? It is already happening. I've seen loads of you messaging celebrities. Rory Sloan got message by a load of you after you heard that Jack wanted to get him on for Who's Calling Christian? He called yesterday eleven days before it started. They want to talk to us. Like us, they got a lot of time with their hands at the moment. Find out more about how you can be winning twenty five thousand dollars on Who's Calling Christian On our website, there's a very easy little video for you to watch. Christian O'connellshow dot com dot AU. Have a great weekend, Stay safe, mask up, vaccinate, but a brighter not.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast