Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 2: Happy Monday, Hello weeen is coming up soon. Today we chat about Harry styles and sleepings.
Speaker 3: Sleep slots that if you have trouble sleeping, it might you just might not have reached your slot. Yeah, wait your turn, mummy? Can I listen to Flex and Rooms Flex and Frooms, I Kit.
Speaker 2: We have amazing loyal listeners. If you're listening and you listen every day, thank you so much. And often we get unsolicited dms about dreams that people have about us. Oftentimes they are very fun from our fellow girls. Here is one from Laura. I had a dream about Flex and Rooms last night. I met them in the afternoon at a bar with live music. I'm going to guess it was a sneaky sound system.
Speaker 1: That's me adding in a little bit.
Speaker 2: It was outdoors and we were in the roped off VIP section. Nice naturally, Flex and I sauntered confidently to the bar. It's giving powerful woman and how to look at the cocktail menu. We decided on these white chocolate flavor espresso martinis with flaked chocolate crumb on top. Oh my word, why don't they exist flakes a white chocolate espresso martini.
Speaker 3: Hmmm.
Speaker 2: I am sixteen weeks pregnant and now I've had a couple of espresso martini dreams because I can't drink them at the moment.
Speaker 1: Teah, can you not even have one?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm sure you could have a couple, but no, you'd hate.
Speaker 2: Yeah redacted anyway, Flex was like, well, order too, and then we turned to frooms sitting at a table when she said get six. Then the dream was ruined because I had to go in an alleyway to have a scrag fight with some other girls.
Speaker 1: Sounds a bit real.
Speaker 2: Pass coded before I woke up. Didn't even get to taste my drink. I just wanted to let you know about your feature in my dream.
Speaker 1: Love you chicks. Thanks for the potty.
Speaker 3: I'm obsessed with that Laura premonition.
Speaker 1: Honestly, good luck with the baby is it? Are you going to figure out what the sex is? Do you care?
Speaker 2: Are you doing a gender a real party? I've never been to one of those.
Speaker 3: Not you setting Laura up. Don't listen to her bag. Interesting news. Prada, the designer brand is going to the moon. Is this the greatest brand? Collaboration ever? Was this the most unseerious bit of news we've ever spoken about? Not joking when I say so. Prada and NASA are collabing. They're designing the space suits for NASA's upcoming mission to the Moon. According to Bloomberg, astronauts on an upcoming NASA space mission, we'll head to the Moon in style and Prita spacesuits. Why are they going? I wanted to figure it out. Is it just for pr No, It's for Artemis III, which is the first manned lunar landing since Apollo seventeen in nineteen seventy two. And I was like, Okay, cool, where's the rest of the information because you would think, like, why don't we know about this moon landing trip? I don't have to hear about it through Prada. Maybe this is why they're doing it.
Speaker 2: To get like so that people actually care, Yeah, for actual, actual pr because if they were just wearing their regular outfits, we wouldn't be talking about it at all. I think they've got to change it up because there's all that alien talk about, you know, like everyone's like, now we believe aliens fully exist, so now we need to bring it back to the humans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, humanizer, so put people in cute outfits, so we care. And so I started doing some more research about Artemis three and if there was anything particularly interesting or groundbreaking for the average person, not just you know, an astro enthusiast. And all that I got is that'll be the first mission to land a woman and a person of color on the moon. And I said, we should have led with that.
Speaker 2: Please, guys, I would have cared about that.
Speaker 3: But back to the information we have here, and you shouldn't know.
Speaker 1: Well, I am excited to see the suits.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, like, you know, the nineteen nineties, early two thousands, prior of.
Speaker 1: Looks that were like the very hmm.
Speaker 3: I mean, I hope it's cute, but I think for the most part, it's just going to be a regular. It would have to abide by so many rules to be fit for purpose that I doubt they could add any flavor. But a cute little triangle prior to logo.
Speaker 2: That'd be not that'd be wonders FLEXI have you seen the Facebook groups? Are we dating the same guy? No?
Speaker 3: I haven't been in one, but I know of them. Have you been in it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, just for funzies, which allegedly is not allowed in these groups. They say, if you're just here to be nosy, get out. I'm still part of a group now. I've always wondered when you're posting, when these women are posting about guys, like what are the legal ramifications? Like?
Speaker 1: Is this actually allowed?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Are you doing something illegal? Are you well?
Speaker 2: I read an article on The Guardian about it, and it tells a story of how a woman is on a date with a guy then she sees a woman go behind him and tap him on the shoulder, and then it turns out that she says to the girl, oh, he's he is already in a relationship, and I found out he was in a relationship when I was dating him. Yeah, so she's done the doxing, the IRL doxing, right, which is just like an in real life version of the online doxing that we see every day on these are we Dating the Same Guy?
Speaker 1: Page?
Speaker 2: This woman said that she felt the need. She thought it was her civic duty to let this other woman know that he has history of cheating. Right. Do you think that's a fair enough thing to do or do you think everyone should just stay out of it?
Speaker 3: I'm still confused because this sounds like an extreme circumstance, Like, what are the odds that you're going to be on a date with someone and their literal X is right behind them to tell you that they cheated on them.
Speaker 2: Well, she also said that he had taken this woman to a date spot where they had their first date.
Speaker 3: So this kind of just feels like dating to me.
Speaker 2: That's the thing with these groups is often some of the women are like, I just match with this guy. What's the tea on him?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: So they just want tea, which I get. I think when you first start dating someone, you want to know the inside scoop. You have no mutuals, but allegedly because I see the other side, if someone's abusive or like genuinely dangerous, you need to know. Carla Wilshire, the CEO of Social Policy Group and the director of Center for Digital Well Being, says that women are driven to use the sites to protect themselves.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 2: She said women feel the need to do this because the platforms have effectively failed them on safety.
Speaker 1: True, true, true.
Speaker 2: She wants that semi public shaming has inherent problems, which I think we can agree with. She also says you can never really determine the intent of the user. That could be wanting to protect other women from someone who has perpetuated significant abuse, but then also a private relationship that's broken down because the other party hasn't behaved in a way that met expectations.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's different.
Speaker 3: So what's are there any legal ramifications? What's the article saying? Is it just like it can potentially these are the considerations to make or is it a cautionary tale?
Speaker 1: There is a takeaway, believed or not.
Speaker 2: The federal government has told dating apps to develop a code of practice to address sexual assault and abuse on their platforms. The Communications Minister Michelle Rowland wrote to the ten most popular dating sites in September, warning that if they didn't improve their safety outcomes by the middle of the year, the government would develop legislation to force and detach action because we knew how sometimes someone on a date with someone from a redacted dating app and then something really awful happened and they delete their.
Speaker 1: Account the evidence is gone.
Speaker 2: So hopefully that's going to change, because I agree. I think if there was better systems in place or bitter ways to report people, then it would this would be less necessary. You're listening to Flex and Rooms on kit.
Speaker 3: We have a very special secret on behalf of Harry Styles to you. What is it in keeping secret from us? Is it his dating history? No, I mean pr relationships, they're real, They're not real, not our business. Is it the way he really feels about one direction?
Speaker 1: You gotta keep that one under wraps.
Speaker 3: But they could never come clean. He could never, ever ever say I hated every single moment of that. I was always the star xyz.
Speaker 2: It must be a real good feeling being in a group of five and knowing the other star.
Speaker 1: Literally.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Apparently the secret is, and it comes to us from Gray's mitchlik on TikTok.
Speaker 4: Harry Styles is actually bald.
Speaker 1: And here's all the proof.
Speaker 4: Some of his fans have taken pictures during his performances of his hair piece for lying on.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, that's so convincing.
Speaker 4: So an anonymous tip was sent to this account and it says an a less musician slash occasional actor has a dirty little secret he hasn't shared with fans. Literally, he has almost gone completely bald. His hair piece is so lifelike that only a good eye could pick it out and that's not a bad day.
Speaker 3: However, he doesn't take it off and clean and enough.
Speaker 1: What it's so specific, do you know what?
Speaker 3: I can imagine this would be a secret that he keeps. The thing about any kind of celebrity, especially a pop star, especially someone who has been in a boy band. You are clinging so hard to the fantasy of youth, like your life and career depends on it, because it does the gnome absolutely. I mean, the fantasy people are attracted to is this boyish boy being hot in public. They don't want a manly man archetype. They want Harry Styles in twenty twenty three to be the phys manifestation of what they wish he was when they were younger, right, you know, because it was weird back then to be crushing on this guy who's like barely an adult. But now he's a full adult. We don't want the wrinkles and the balding. We just want the consent.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think he should be allowed to be bald.
Speaker 3: Guys, No, no, get in line. Think about all the women's celebrities who are not allowed to just like have children and like maintain their physical body or appearance afterwards. All the people who have alopecia and can't just like be who they need to be. The line disease folks, everyone has to make so many adjustments for the things that they're going through. Get in linking everybody's doing him a little bit of suffering makes everyone a bit more grateful. This is true.
Speaker 1: This is true.
Speaker 3: If you ever thought that you were a bad sleeper because of genetics or your lifestyle, have you ever considered that someone else has maybe taken up your sleep slot? Interesting?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: I came across this TikTok and I don't know what can you date with TikTok? Is that you can't s people people's use names like you just see what they're gonna name themselves?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so much?
Speaker 3: How do I go back and find she want?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: I take a screenshot.
Speaker 1: They do that with Instagram viewers as well.
Speaker 3: Strange, very frustrating. But this person said, what if there's a maximum amount? This person said, what if there is a maximum amount of people on Earth that can sleep at the same time? And when we can't get to sleep with because we're on a waiting list, so we have to wait until a space is free to get to sleep, because that makes the most sense, I think. Isn't it so disconcerting when you're like, I'm doing everything the same, Like I am not like scrolling more, I like woke up early. I'm exhausted, So what is the issue. And then you start doing, oh, I'm counting sheep and meditating. I might something must be wrong with me. It's just not your time yet. I love that Barry and Calgarry has got your slot, baby, and if you as soon as he wakes up, you go the next in. And that's why we get so tired in the middle of the day, because we're kind of like, maybe that was our slot and we've given up that slot, so we don't go to the back of the waiting list.
Speaker 2: That would really make sense, especially because there must be some ancient wisdom that we're not plugged into nowadays.
Speaker 3: Kind of reminds you of pilates classes. Like, I don't know what it is. We're trying to book a pilarates class, but if you want to go somewhere reputable and cute, you have to book like four weeks in advance. I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow truly, to now be booking four weeks in advance and be charged a penalty if I cancel a class because I can't make the slot, or putting myself on a random waiting list and if I can't go to that class, I gotta pay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then the waiting list is like they tell you half an hour before babes.
Speaker 1: Hope you do that.
Speaker 3: Oh, apparently plenty of people, because the system works for a lot of people, and it doesn't work for twice as anymore. Anyway, consider that the next time you can't sleep, don't be hard on yourself. It's just not your time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 2: For more, tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.