Speaker 1: Welcome back to TV Reload. This is my first bonus episode featuring a quick chat with I'm the celebrities, first of Victor, Jack Vigion. You might have known this talented Ozzie from his win on Australia's Got Talent or his success on the Voice. However, it's been his time in the Jungle that has shown us there is a lot more to this boy than just his amazing vocal cords. I got to have this quick chat with him on the fly as he was jam packed with media obligations, but even being the busiest of bees, he was just as charming as I imagined. I'd like to welcome to the show, Jack Vigeon.
Speaker 2: When nineteen fourteen and one Australia's Got Talent, my name's Jack Vigeon. The powered dynamic in my relationship with my mum I won twenty eleven Australia's Got Talent really changed You.
Speaker 1: Make it so proud to be Australian.
Speaker 2: I just was craving some kind of normality.
Speaker 1: Jack Vigeon, that's where we're going to see him auditioned.
Speaker 2: It's been really cool that I've just got to be myself and a show and who have warmed to it.
Speaker 1: Well done on your time in the jungle? Do you think thank you? Do you think in some ways Australia got to see you for the first time because we've got to see more of who you really are one percent.
Speaker 2: I mean a reshow've done in the past, you kind of only get to see a small snippet of I guess who I am. And it's been really cool that I've just got to be myself and a show.
Speaker 3: And people have warmed to it. It's really nice.
Speaker 1: What would you say is the most surprising thing about doing on a celebrity about the experience, I think.
Speaker 2: Just the stuff that you learn about yourself and especially watching it back.
Speaker 3: I think for me it's really a fan To me, you're kind of.
Speaker 2: Like I said before, it's like just getting to be yourself and people liking that is so refreshing. Yeah, but no, it's just that it's because it's obviously but if you're not.
Speaker 3: Doing a trial, you're kind of just hanging around all day in the camp and so just a lot of time of reflection.
Speaker 2: I think I can probably for everyone when it's like you really do you think about your relationships and life a lot? And you reflect on all those kinds of things, and I think it's a really powerful time for all of us there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I must admit, you know, watching it that moment in the jungle where you talked about the relationship you've had with your mum, you know, after a soon it's got talent and being projected into this industry, and that you made the comment that you could have been nicer.
Speaker 2: I felt like I was getting myself while I have so much resentment now that.
Speaker 3: I can't control. Yeah, I think in here I'm just reflecting on how.
Speaker 1: Better How did she respond to that watching I'm a celebrity, Like what sort of a conversation have you both had about that? In reflection now.
Speaker 2: I think it's been really really healing for us, to be honest. She was in tears like watching it, and so was I. And I think that was the one moment where I was quite nervous to come on TV because I mean, like, I'm such an advocate for therapy and I've been going to therapy for years now and being able to it puts It gives you a vocabulary for how you navigate your life and relationships and things that have happened to you. And it's It's been really powerful for me, and I think I've been really fortunate to be able to be a part of powerful conversations on the show and for those who have aired, and I'm really grateful for that because I think there's definitely been some conversations like that one with my mum and other ones like with Dipper and that sexuality and about all different kinds of things that I think was really great to be on TV for people watching and for young people to be watching. And it's definitely an honor for me to be a part of something like that.
Speaker 3: When you said, you know what, enough of this, I'm out? How much better than did.
Speaker 2: One of the most incredible feelings of your life?
Speaker 3: And how did you do it?
Speaker 2: You just said, you know what, Well, I started seeing my ex at the time, so it was the end of me being nineteen and.
Speaker 3: We started seeing each other and we both.
Speaker 2: Kind of I think that gave me the courage because we both came out together to our families and friends, and I think that helps having someone else kind of to do it.
Speaker 1: With it well. It's definitely the standout moment for me was the bond that you managed to create with Dipper. Do you think we need to see more honest conversations on mainstream television, especially when we're highlighting issues of you know, for young people, including sexuality, but also about our appearance.
Speaker 3: For sure, one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: And that's why I wanted to go into this and just be super honest, because people don't buy bullshit, and people, I think really appreciate authentic conversation. And there was just so many conversations in like with Paulini about her her history with racism, and the conversations about body image, and I think it's they're all really important topics.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you know this this is really the first time we've seen rumors about what sort of television or reality television they've asked you to do. Are you able to say, you know, has there been other calls for you to do other things like Big Brother? I mean, I know we're in the you're in the media being mentioned as maybe being a part of that show. Was that a real thing? Did they call you and were you waiting.
Speaker 3: For something more?
Speaker 1: Like I'm a celebrity.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's different opportunities that come up all the time, and I think it's for me. I'm such a feelings and vibes person that's like this what really felt like something that I wanted to do, and especially like the last I mean, I'm a feelings vibe person all, but also I COVID is such a bitch.
Speaker 3: And it doesn't it doesn't discriminate.
Speaker 2: So like I lost all my work for the year and this coming up and like was like it was just so awesome for me, and I think it was exactly so.
Speaker 3: I had the same conversation with.
Speaker 2: Everyone in there, Like everyone really, I think, apart from Grant with family feud, really suffered in terms of work, and that just it just goes to show that we're all human and we're all have been affected by this thing that's happened. But this really did feel it felt right at the time, and there was also lots of things in my life happening, and just the timing of it, it just it really felt right.
Speaker 1: Over the years, we've really seen you put a lot of pressure, I guess on yourself, but also Australia puts a lot of pressure on you. Considering we've brought into a twenty eleven that Australia has caught talent moment, how have you been able to cope, Like what's been able to help you through?
Speaker 3: Well? To be honest, I mean I didn't cope for a while. I really didn't cope, and I stopped. I stopped.
Speaker 2: I stopped singing, and I didn't do any kind of work related singing for five years, and I packed around Europe.
Speaker 3: I got really involved in church life.
Speaker 2: I wanted to just I worked in age care, I worked in my uncle's deli, just because, like, I've really just got overwhelmed. I think because I was so young and I didn't know how to navigate that world. And I really and yes, I didn't cote for a while, And I think it was the best thing I could have done was step back from it. To be honest, I don't know where I be if I had kept trying to kind of slog away. Yeah, I think it was the best thing I could have done, was just stop and live life a bit away from public life, went away from trying to have a music career.
Speaker 1: Do people come up and ask you about whether or not they should go on these singing shows? What sort of advice do you hand over to them?
Speaker 3: Yeah? They do, actually, And.
Speaker 2: The thing is I can only speak from my own personal experience, and I'm the thing is, even though I think the way my life has gone has different, things have manifested and in healthy and unhealthy ways. I've hit that to my journey. It's not to say that that's going to happen to someone else. But also I'm really grateful because the things that have happened, like I wouldn't be in a police probably now or I'm doing. I'm a celebrity and it's been such a positive response, and I'm a big believer and everything's just meant to be.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's always hard when people ask me, especially young.
Speaker 2: People, because I think going on a show really young can really fuck you up, but it also makes you grow up quite quickly and you learned about life a very quick clean and adulting.
Speaker 1: Do you want to look red carpet ready just like your favorite celebs, Well, guys, Bowtie label dot com has the perfect piece to complement your style. I personally have loved bow ties for years and really have been caught without a bow tie that matches the knight's theme. So, as you can imagine, I'm a little obsessed with these beauties bow ties that are carefully crafted in luxe fabrics. With unique design and most of all, they're affordable. Bow Tie label dot com has the perfect bow tie for you, and they make gorgeous gifts, So check them out online today. What's the vagus rumor that you've ever heard about yourself that's just made you laugh out loud.
Speaker 3: I don't know. There's just so many all the time. But I think the one.
Speaker 2: That just keeps just just in every single article probably will be in this one.
Speaker 3: Is that the plastic surgery thing.
Speaker 2: Because I've had botox and phillis my face, it's like constantly surgery, surgery, surgery, surgery, and.
Speaker 3: I've never had plastic surgery.
Speaker 2: But because I mean, but I think as well, some people aren't exposed to that world. And none of people in their life that have ever had fill orbotops, and I think they look at that and they go, Okay, that's plastic surgery.
Speaker 3: So that's probably the one that pops up all the time.
Speaker 1: I think. You know, for years, we used to think about any kind of cosmetic surgery, whether it's lip injectional fillers or whatever. We used to sort of attach that to you know, older ladies or something. And then these days, younger people are now embracing it, and there's nothing wrong with that. I think if you've got small things that you'd like to fix and you're happy with it, and that's going to make you feel more confident, you know. I think that's each to their own. Do you do you think do you think young people looking up to you with that sort of stuff, what advice do you have for them?
Speaker 2: Well, the thing is most of my messages that I get from young people, I don't there's never really anything about looks or about about that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: It's always about you've like about.
Speaker 2: Conversations that I've had, especially during I'm a celebrity, about sexuality and young people that again by austral or anything in between. That it's that that just they're basically saying like, thank you for having this conversation on TV and then just sharing love.
Speaker 1: And isn't it funny that we always think about these things like you know, what questions people ask you? And young people are always so innocent. They're like, they don't ask these ridiculous, curly worldly questions, you know, they just ask you just really nice questions. They're coming from a place of love without being too jaded totally, you know, getting back to I'm a celebrity before I let you go, because I know you're very busy. Man, Can you tell me who is the most different in regard to what you expected? Because when we saw you turn up in the jungle, obviously you're seeing such familiar faces. Who did you go on the biggest journey with?
Speaker 2: Jess was really like my support in there and really my rock, and she was like a mum to me in there. So she she's sort of she's she's a special one. And I think Pauline as well, like just I've known her over the years and it was just when she stepped out of the car, it was me Paulinian jest to begin with, Like we jumped over the helicopter together. Yeah, so we had this special bond and we really stuck together the whole time. And also just like having the friendship with Abby, who's just who'se like similar age and we just we speak the same lingo.
Speaker 3: So that was just really refreshing as well.
Speaker 2: Ali that came in later like she I've known her for about.
Speaker 3: Ten years, Oh wow, because well did you gig with.
Speaker 2: Her brother like in l like years and years ago and I got to meet her and so I've seen her over the years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we all went on a bit of a journey, but I definitely I said this on my little kind of exit interview as well.
Speaker 2: I was like, I can slow see jes winning because I just think that she is the Be's name.
Speaker 1: She is the Bee's niece. You know, the format had to change because of COVID. You know, the public didn't get to vote. Do you think if the nomination process had been put in place and the celebrities had to choose, you know, three points here to save, three points here to evict, would that have worked? And who would you give three points too that's left in there to stay and who's three points to evict?
Speaker 3: I don't think it would have worked because we're all just that's the thing.
Speaker 2: We're all so yeah, and I don't I just think it would have been so hard, Like I can't imagine I definitely can't imagine any of us like evicting someone.
Speaker 3: But I could.
Speaker 2: I could probably see us like saying our favorites and.
Speaker 3: Then whoever got the least would would go.
Speaker 2: But like my three I think would probably be Jess pauling in Abby, probably because I think I was the closest with them to stay to evict.
Speaker 3: I have no idea, and I would not want to.
Speaker 1: Say don't you love it? When you get asked these questions, it's like what what what does it? Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen and and always ask these questions. I play the fifth, I'll just please the fifth. And the last thing I have to ask you is about your music. So many people are like, when are we going to get to get some more music? Is there any plans to get back into the studio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been in the studio and I've got my next on that I'm going to release, and as I've finished the video as well, so that just goes a few other projects happening.
Speaker 3: So time is everything, and yeah, things are going to happen too.
Speaker 1: I'm going to fling myself out of this interview like you were flung out of the jungle, and I just want to thank you so much. Were you shocked? But I should ask you that when I watched it, and a friend of mine we played it on a repeat. We watched it again and again and again, and every time we watched it we got a different we felt a different response, like the first time we were shocked, then we were laughing. What was your response to being flung out of the jungle like that.
Speaker 3: I thought it was great. I was like, what a way to go out. I thought it was hilarious.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm kind of like swimming to a shore and I've got this huge smile.
Speaker 3: On my face. Even when I go out of the border.
Speaker 2: I was laughing because I was like, this is fucking hilarious. I can't wait to watch this back.
Speaker 1: Well, you brilliant, and thank you so much for being so generous and having this chat with me.
Speaker 3: Pleasure, Pleasure,