Speaker 1: Just stood by a couple of mitches.
Speaker 2: Hello, Yeah, delace yourself for the rude shocks of young adults.
Speaker 1: I don't want to bore everyone and show you my europe trip videos.
Speaker 2: It's a bit late for that, No, Mitch, Julie and Mitchell coos hello you welcome back, you.
Speaker 3: Daddy's at hi idiots? How have you been? What do we meant hello guys? Welcome? Is it just me? Mitchell Hart likes the lam up parky.
Speaker 1: Cinnem up party. He's ma'am, sir, ma'am sir. That's all they do in America, ma'am, miss miss, yeah, you'd get Unfortunately, miss I get.
Speaker 3: No, ma'am, ma'am or miss? What age do I become a man instead of a miss?
Speaker 1: I think ma'am is married or man for me, and man is just busty. A miss isn't busty, So you're definitely that's true.
Speaker 3: Ma'am has a rack and a half on, ma'am.
Speaker 1: Ma'am, ma'am sir, sir, I get so I got certain a whole trip. I've just come back from America. You've come back from BALI is first time we've seen each other.
Speaker 4: I did a whole round trip, and it was so good being able to go Ballei and Adelaide, Sydney, super long fly more in l shape.
Speaker 3: All right, yeah it works for you, It did work for me.
Speaker 1: Oh you looked like you had such a good time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, our third will misfit.
Speaker 3: Jenner is here. Of course that's not going to catch on.
Speaker 5: I'm here, welcome back now, So Jenna, can you believe this?
Speaker 4: Mitch waited until I was in Barley and then texted me saying I didn't want to say anything before you left, but I thought you'd hate Barley, and I was like, yeah, you're kind of rightly.
Speaker 3: I knew it.
Speaker 1: I knew he'd hate it. Really, I didn't want to throw him off his trip. I've been to Bali and it was it's not for me.
Speaker 3: I didn't enjoy. It's dirty. It stinks.
Speaker 1: Beautiful country, but the tourist element of it and the seminiac and the jengu is disgusting.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 4: I've been given no heads up whatsoever about the grotty elements of Ballei. I thought that I was just going to like Cough's Harbor something, and it's not like that.
Speaker 3: No from Coughs Harbor really.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be a negative bitch, right, There's plenty of good memories I'm taking away from it. It wasn't all bad, but fuck, I just wish I was giving heads up about the putridness of it all.
Speaker 1: I should have told you, because I definitely knew I'm talking.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to stay in the villa because everything made me so uncomfortable. It was so busy, all these people zipping around on fucking scootered, giving me the ship's power lines dangling everywhere shu. And then I was like, I'm just going to say in the bill because is all too intimidating for me. And then I dared venture out of the villa to do a coffee run, and these mangy, fucking rabbit dogs come running towards EGS and we googled later just don't show any fear, just keep walking, which is what I did. But my heart's never raced so hard. I thought I was going to get attacked, so I didn't leave the villa alone.
Speaker 1: After that, it's scary, it's frightening it.
Speaker 4: But then there's weird pockets of beauty, Like let's just say you're walking down the main street, whatever of Changu, And there's a distinct pattern as you looked at like the shop front, it's like five star restaurant, five star restaurant ruins, yes, garbage, five star, five star, bonfire, five star, like stray dog, terriffic.
Speaker 3: Also just the gutters stink. Yeah, it's it's like that. It was so busy.
Speaker 4: It took us an hour and a half to go eight kilometers from the airport.
Speaker 1: How did you, yeah, at the traffic in balis terrific?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you get on a tooktook or a scooter on your own?
Speaker 3: At no point? Did I have any interest in doing that?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 3: Did you ride one?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Never? Oh, that's kind of chu.
Speaker 4: There was someone that we saw there with like scrape marks all at their arms and legs because they this fucking naughty guy thought I'll give it a crack, stacked it just covered in a big rash and grave.
Speaker 3: Oh not, that's bad.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, that's what happened to me when I was in Ballet.
Speaker 3: It was awful. So I did you actually ride one of those moped things? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I remember, I stacked it completely fell off. I rode for three hours around Changu, pulled back into the hotel and a stray dog run in front of me, and I didn't want to hit it, so I fell off and it kept going.
Speaker 3: I got on my legs. Was awful.
Speaker 1: My message, Mitch, I'm like, how is it?
Speaker 3: I don't know if I'm going to be rushing back anytime.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well, you know what, America is much the same. That country is in complete disarray.
Speaker 4: I'm also not rushing back there. Although is it just me on the fly? Do you kind of want to visit Texas?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I'm not at the moment. There's a giant hurricaneh my god, hurricane barrels.
Speaker 4: She sounds like who because I've been watching that bloody Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader show one, and all of a sudden, I'm just like, I want.
Speaker 3: To go to Texas.
Speaker 5: Baby beat Texas that stadium.
Speaker 3: Yeah, were you a cheerleader? Yeah? She was a cowboy. It's Texas is beautiful, It really is. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't go to Texas trip. I had so much fun. New York City was like incredible, like it stinks.
Speaker 3: It is stinks, like, yeah, I wouldn't describe it as incredible. No, I know.
Speaker 1: There's like a vortexta of magic that New York City has, like you either love it or you hate it, but you kind of get caught up in the magic of love New York.
Speaker 4: I think I put it on too much of a pedestal because when I went to New York, I was very much like, Oh, this is gonna be amazing. But I was like, fucking hell man, yeah, underwhelming it.
Speaker 3: Here's what hit me.
Speaker 1: I when I lived there, was nine years ago. I lived in the fucking ghetto. I lived in Bushwick. Wasn't cool, couldn't get a coffee. It was knaffy coffee and a bag on a hot coffee and a hot dog. And I'm walking here, I'm walking there and I said, I'm going to go back and visit my apartment. Oh my god, coffee shops, gays hand in hand like an anal on the street. I'm like this, it's a gay mecha.
Speaker 4: When I was there, how long if we've been recording, he said already.
Speaker 3: No, I've made a mental note.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to be clean of this this season, and it truly it was nice to go back. But we did Colorado, right, which is like the lesbian capital of the world, is it?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: No, eyes, a lot of mountains and four wheel drives, right, so the lesbians fucked to it. I see and the high altitude, you know.
Speaker 3: Cottage court lesbian. Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 1: We're stayed in like a log cabin in the middle of Colorado.
Speaker 5: We were talking about that last time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you obviously didn't die. You were worried about dying there.
Speaker 1: I wasn't murdered. I wasn't murdered. I lived to see another day.
Speaker 3: Not even a close call.
Speaker 1: No, there was no close calls none at all. Wasn't killed, although we did. We did drive in. Kristen, who I was with, who's a lesbian, said let's go. I want to go to a military base. I got love to see an American, all American military base. Random once again very lesbian. Yeah, So we drive into this military base. She googles it and she's like, this is it? Colorado Military base? Like cools around the corner. So we drive in and it's like you're driving through an old fashioned toll booth.
Speaker 3: It's just like a like a hut in.
Speaker 1: The middle of this freeway and there are three armed security guards in full army berets, full AK forty seven machine guns on their chest and we pull up and.
Speaker 3: We go hi, you know, me driving like.
Speaker 1: Hello, We're here to see the visitors center. And he was like, surah, back, window down, boot open.
Speaker 3: Doors locked, gave you the third degrade to them.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, oh no, we just want to see the visitor center. He's like, sir, passenger window down, boot open, doors locked. I was like, oh my god, so I do it. He's like, ignition off, Can I have the key, sir? And I was like, oh my god, what have we done? And he's like, there's no visitor center. This is the entrance for acting serving military.
Speaker 4: God, it's just like coke Land all over a. Yeah, you can't just visit random workplace film.
Speaker 1: And I tried to gaslight him. I'm like, no, this is the visitors center. So what we had to do was get fully background checked. So we gave my driver's license. They wanted insurance on the car. He's like, we need papers on the car and I'm like, oh, it's it's a but why.
Speaker 3: Would he need all that if you're not going in anyway?
Speaker 1: Well, because we were on the ground. So because we touched ground on that shit, he needed to make sure we weren't terrorists. So they did a full background check, checked that we were in the country illegally, and then he came up. He's like, I need the registration on the car. I make it a higher car. I don't have the papers. And he was like, sir, excuse me, what higher lower I'll make It's a higher car. It's not ours. He's like, a higher car. You've raised the car.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, do Americans call a higher car rental?
Speaker 1: I didn't know what he was talking He didn't what I was talking about it. He's like, you've raised the You've raised the suspension on this on this car, on the chefrollle.
Speaker 3: What a fuck itte.
Speaker 1: Anyway, eventually, after forty five minutes we got to go and we left.
Speaker 3: That was five minutes, yes, and making sure you weren't a threat, and.
Speaker 1: He had the key so we could not move, we couldn't go. Terrify actually a general a moment of like, oh God, that we could be in big trouble.
Speaker 5: Did your friend enjoy it?
Speaker 3: Terrified?
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Rachel, my little baby sister, Rachel was like shaking eyes. We mete it out alive and I did by gifts I got.
Speaker 4: Give I like yes, I got did you did you get up anything, Jenny?
Speaker 5: No, I just gave you some listening pleasure.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I didn't get any of that, So I must have missed my bugs. I'm just getting them out of my back.
Speaker 1: All right, Well I'll go first. Yes, please, so minor in my purse. They're very practical, they're not silly or anything.
Speaker 3: So Mitchell, what I got you? Because I know I know that you've seen.
Speaker 1: Mine before and you've admired it, and you can only get them in America. They are so handy and you will love it. It's a pers edition that you need to carry around with you. I got you a tide pen. What a tide pen?
Speaker 3: What is a tide pen?
Speaker 1: It's an instant stained remove a pen. Oh, it's heaven.
Speaker 3: It gets you, remember this, It gets rid of every stain.
Speaker 1: I think you spilled coffee or something on your shirt. You've got, Mitchell, I need that magic pen.
Speaker 4: No, it just looks like a whiteboard marker and you started coloring in. I was like, what the fuck are you doing it? Yeah, but it's actually a stain river that's going to be hand.
Speaker 1: You scrub it on your stain and it gets rid of anything coffee, red white, come, oh, come.
Speaker 3: The big three?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Have you ever actually used it for that purpose? You don't want to know. I do. That's why answers.
Speaker 4: Yes, there's no stains in my eyesight at the moment. I'd love to be able to test it out.
Speaker 1: Oh, Jenna, why don't you cough on? Mitchell, we could stay in you.
Speaker 3: I got this can of tune. You want to put the oil in your stain? Me, I got the Cirta and barley. It's goed.
Speaker 1: It is good part of a set, no doubt it is here. Well, there's your tied pen. Very practically, and Jenna.
Speaker 3: Conter Bury me, I'm so glad you thought of me.
Speaker 1: All the influences in LA have these hands out, and I thought you are an influencer in your own right. They're called a Land hand sanitizers. Have a look, open open your eyes. Every influencer has them and it's just very you to pray your hand with them. Oh if you know, you know, it's like, well, they're called touch Land and they're just their power hand sanitizer in this cute little oval container and.
Speaker 4: It looks like a tamagotchi, but it's really like They're very hard to find, and I thought General like them because she's the queen of sanitization and power miss hydrating hand sanitizer, all the influencers. Usual Madi repellent.
Speaker 5: Does its job, and it's also really compacted.
Speaker 3: It kind of sits in your bag.
Speaker 4: These aren't like lame souven's, like a heart and rhy magnet or some ship. It's just practical things, a stained remover and a hand sanit I actually really love this.
Speaker 1: We're getting old guys. We need practical gifts. Thank you, gifts, gifts, gifts.
Speaker 4: I love this all right, the first one. I'll give you yours first. Here we close your eyes, okay, close. So I did think of you as soon as I saw this souvenir because I thought, wow, that looks loud and obnoxious.
Speaker 3: So you spung straight to mind. Here you go, Thanks charming. I love Molie. I'm gonna have to unwrap it. There's it's still in the plastic. Look at the price on this, fifty five thousand. What a generous shend.
Speaker 4: You bet your ass that I kept making the same lame dud jokes in Indonesia about the bloody Indonesian Repair Exchange I'd be like, oh my god, seven hundred grand for one bottle of wine.
Speaker 1: That's it's a little drum. Oh I love that pum pum amen. Yeah, this will come in handy around Christmas time.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you call them. They must be can you google Jenner. There must be a word for that. I think it's a hand It's like a maracca. But there's a little ball on a string on the side.
Speaker 3: Here we go, ready, three, two, one? Hey, I like that.
Speaker 5: I found it. It's a benneko o what sorry?
Speaker 3: Shut that thing?
Speaker 5: Then den daco dendako. Yes, origin needs spring Japan and what do you.
Speaker 3: Do with it? Oh, it's from Japan. I thought it was Indonesia. No.
Speaker 6: I got one of them from Vanoir to the earthquake. My parents got it to make me feel better.
Speaker 3: Some sort of disaster alarm. If you're stranding on island, that's actually got some stress to it. And Jennet, I actually didn't get you anything in Balley.
Speaker 4: Oh instead, Oh my god, oh my, I held out for another stop on the trip.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what is it cool?
Speaker 6: It's a mclod's daughter's mike.
Speaker 1: Oh from the mclou's daughter an house hotel.
Speaker 4: I bought that from the gun gal In Pub, which is the town where they filmed.
Speaker 3: They didn't have any merch.
Speaker 4: At the Mcloud's Orders property where we stayed. In fact, my only.
Speaker 3: Feedback from that whole anniversary night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Sean, your boyfriend got you a stay at the Mcloud's Order.
Speaker 4: Town because you know that it's on my bucket list. It's my bloody favorite show was a kid Mcloud's Order. And by the way out of the whole three or so weeks we were on holidays, we both agreed that that one night at Drover's Run was the high Like, oh, fucked, fuck Hand or fuck Barley, that one night was the best spear. My only criticism was that not one member of staff has even seen the show.
Speaker 5: Oh that's unaccepted.
Speaker 4: And I was like, guys high and me, I'll help you make some bank. I'll do like McLeod's daughters. Two words content over here is the gorge where clear perished, open to your right, Like we were asking questions and they'd be.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm not sure, I haven't really seen the shop.
Speaker 5: I got a lot of them.
Speaker 1: I mean that would be me, to be honest. It doesn't excite me. But I saw that the fan response and the comments, people seem to love the content.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 3: I was surprised actually so as I thought it was a shit of a show.
Speaker 5: That's the best show.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize how many people still loved it even though it's old as fuck.
Speaker 3: That show was for over ten years. Wow.
Speaker 4: And I was posting this content, all these videos, thinking oh, that's pretty niche, but they blew up it's weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was cute.
Speaker 1: It was also the romance of you and Sean the two years, and people are in rest invested.
Speaker 3: They did upgradest to the bridal sweet speaking of Roman.
Speaker 1: Sorry, bridle is in marriage or bridal is in what goes on a horse's mouth because it's a fucking horse farm.
Speaker 3: So could they have a lot of weddings there?
Speaker 4: And I guess the bridal suite, which was ten times more expensive than the one Shorn booked, was going to wakes and they were like, that's your anniversary.
Speaker 3: Gets so nice?
Speaker 6: How beautiful that sweet was? So I looked it up and I saw the price. I was like, oh, Sean's right money back.
Speaker 3: He booked one of the cheaper ones. Did you have sex in the my Cloud stores. Of course we did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did you roll play No, And of course we've watched mcclouds do what it's since the shan's the one being.
Speaker 3: Like we fucked there. Yeah, it's so fun. We have to say that. See, I'd have that same experience with All Saints.
Speaker 1: If I got a night at the All Saints Hospital, I'd love to sleep in the emerging arranged.
Speaker 3: Yes, really, I'll just knock you out. Have to go to the r no emergency. I don't want to get bogged down in holiday chat. There's plenty your time for of course.
Speaker 1: We'll get to it all and stories actually appear. If it is your first time listening, welcome.
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: It's a little reunion episode, but every every show starts the same with and is it just we call them something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate. Mitch doesn't know mine, I don't know mitches.
Speaker 3: We haven't even spoken in weeks. Pretty much.
Speaker 1: We did have a nice hug reunion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think on the fly. By the way, this isn't my agym, but is it just me? On the fly? Do you reckon COVID?
Speaker 4: It's kind of fucked your sense of time, because I feel like that holiday flew by.
Speaker 3: I blinked and it was done.
Speaker 4: But also I feel like it's been about ten years since we last recorded an episode together.
Speaker 3: I feel the same.
Speaker 1: When I was in La, I'm like, God, I feel like yesterday I was here. I was there five almost five years ago, six years ago, like twenty nineteen. The start of COVID really just feels forever ago. It's an old photo of me, and I yearned for the youth in his eyes. If I was so young and happy.
Speaker 5: And like, you have no idea what's coming on?
Speaker 3: No idea, what's going to happen? No idea? Mate. We dodged COVID, though, thank good thing you weren't in New York for COVID. My fucking go oh my god. That was grim, yes, horrific.
Speaker 1: I was there for Pride though I got to New York. Pribe was the week after I left got to La. Pride was the week before I got there. Really, I just missed both of the biggest prides in the world.
Speaker 4: I was in Darwin for Darwin Pride. Did you really have one of those?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: I was so fucked off because Ricky Lee was performing for Darwin Pride the exact same night and time that I was doing my show. Oh no, but then, oh my god, sorry, I'm getting sidetracked again. Do you remember I told that story on the podcast about going to the Australian Idol taping. Yes, and Ricky Lee was waving from the stage right up the back Rod. I was sitting waving at me or so.
Speaker 3: I thought you had that bitch of a kid behind you, and yes, exactly.
Speaker 4: And then when I waved back, Sean goes, she's not waving at you, She's waving at someone behind you.
Speaker 3: And I was so embarrassed.
Speaker 2: Run.
Speaker 4: So she was in town same weekend as me, couldn't go watch her perform live. But when I went down to the hotel lobby, Ricky Lee's there and goes, Mitchell.
Speaker 3: How are you? And I just elbow John and went, I fucking told you.
Speaker 6: She.
Speaker 3: I told you she was waving your circle moment. I love that. Take that, Sean.
Speaker 4: She has Mitch Cheery energy in a way, Ricky she dies, she dies, And she said to me. I went out there on stage and said, Darwin, it's so great to be here performing for the first time. And then someone told me that apparently I've fucking been here without but I don't remember being here at all. I love her, so I just forgot to perform there with the young David already.
Speaker 3: That's so funny.
Speaker 1: God, she's good. She's a lesson anyway. What theory to do about mine is about a new addiction that I've had. I found it while traveling, and I'm so into my heroine. I want to get you all into it. Well, there's another souvenir coming from here. I'm so surprised I made it through customs. That's not hand sanitizer in that hand.
Speaker 6: In that.
Speaker 3: Shall I go first? I'm sure you can kick things. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Are you also completely obsessed with the Daily New York Times Crossword? Oh my god, I haven't done it today because I wanted to do it with you guys.
Speaker 3: It's the Daily cross Word? Yes, oh god. Cross words are like board games. I don't know if I have the attention here and for.
Speaker 1: Got to think it's really hard to do it together. No, no, no, So New York Times one of the biggest newspapers in the world. They do a crossword that is physically in the back of the paper, and obviously in a modern time they've made an app for it, so it's the same crosswords you'll get in the paper that you get on your phone.
Speaker 3: Didn't they also buy wordle Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah you so it's an app, right, and it's I think it's called nat Games. So you get wordle in there as well. You get the full crossword, which is like, look at the size of this thing.
Speaker 3: Oh fuck on, that's so hard.
Speaker 1: That's got sixty options. There is also the Daily Spelling Bee, There is Sudoco, there's connections reckon you would, but the mini crossword you can add all your friends. Me and Stephen have a daily challenge. Who can do it quicker? He's a little genius. He gets something like under a minute produce a Grace who works on my night show gets sitting like a minute thirty. And now we all share it and text it to each other every morning with our coffee, and we compete and it's so much fun.
Speaker 3: How many is mini? Okay, well, we're going to do it together. It's only six options? Are we ready? Yeah? Okay? Here we go.
Speaker 1: One across part of a cherry. You shouldn't eat four.
Speaker 3: Words, no stare be sure it's four letters not four word. Yeah, yeah, yeah stam okay? Or is it pit? No? No, I know that.
Speaker 1: No pits two t's yes, p I T T five across D tour sign feature.
Speaker 3: We'll skip it. It's fine.
Speaker 1: Depart another word for department work A V E five letters. Sorry nail polish brand that sounds like two letters of the alphabet.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Part of a pomegranate.
Speaker 3: You should eat seed seed yeah, s E E D okay great?
Speaker 1: Four down common date night activity starts with the tea No Mitchell starts of the te could be three down wipe as a memory card? What one two, three, four, five down five?
Speaker 3: What's the start with T? But if it's pit, if it's not pit, next one?
Speaker 1: Oh no A race E R A So the pit's not right.
Speaker 3: It must be stabbed s T as you said originally. But here we go. No, we're doing it's so exciting.
Speaker 4: A sweating I was before we started a crossword.
Speaker 1: Four down, starting with M common Date night activity movie M O V yes, I E guy because so good, fast growing plant. This ends in D seed I don't know there's a E we w e E god your god, yes, what would I know about growing weed nail? Polish brand that sounds like two letters of the alphabet ends in S I E.
Speaker 5: What's that?
Speaker 3: I don't know?
Speaker 1: That's right, We've got to get this. What's his D two assigned feature row a?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? Okay, what's this? Hold on? Headlock? T E? Trees? No headlock? What's a headlock?
Speaker 5: I don't know, t R E something s I don't know.
Speaker 3: What's just one across?
Speaker 1: The other one across is now polish brand that sounds like two letters Google Now polish brands ends in S I E. That's all we need, guys. Oh oh see, it's so stressful.
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 3: S E E S s I E.
Speaker 8: Yeh yes?
Speaker 3: So wait. The challenge is.
Speaker 4: Not to get the crossword done before Stephen. No, it's just who can get it done in the quickest time altogether.
Speaker 1: He's already done it today. I'm going to check did we fucking followed? Then to share the score. It already comes up. Stephen I solved the.
Speaker 3: The New York Times BENI crossword in forty five seconds.
Speaker 5: What No, he's very smart.
Speaker 3: He's intelligent.
Speaker 1: That's incredible. And we did it in two thirty six Just so you.
Speaker 4: Know, when I google nail polished brand, I just put the B in brand and the first suggestion was Brand's New York Times crossword.
Speaker 3: So people are googling the ends. People are googling it.
Speaker 4: I'm not accusing your boyfriend of being a cheater. Heaven forbid.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm just noticing some tendencies here. I reckon, he's googling the answers forty five seconds.
Speaker 3: It's fucked. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: And Tress was was headlocked tr e ss.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, I'm obsessed with it. I do it every day, and I think it's keeping my brain elastic.
Speaker 3: Maybe I do need that.
Speaker 1: I'm not being paid, but it's so much fun The New York Times, and I feel like I'm in New York, a part of the culture.
Speaker 3: You know, I was going to say, is that how you discovered it?
Speaker 4: Flicking through the New York Times at the bloody new coffee shop in your court and You're like, I don't have a.
Speaker 1: PENI I don't know how to read my apologies?
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 4: You can follow the show online just sarch a couple of mitches.
Speaker 3: If you don't you're a little bitch? Okay.
Speaker 4: Coming up in episode two one eight, which is out on Wednesday, the Misfits will be reuniting.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feeling because.
Speaker 4: We're doing what's called an air check, where Mitch and I give our notes on their performance.
Speaker 1: Correct, it's an industry thing, a broadcast term. Right, you sit down, you listen back to some of the audio, and the bosses talk to you about what you did wrong and what you could improve it.
Speaker 4: They seem to have it in their minds that because we weren't here that they could play by their rules.
Speaker 3: But no, we were still supervising. They did a great job.
Speaker 1: But I do have thoughts, as do you, Mitchell, as do the listeners.
Speaker 4: Yes, of course I didn't really understand the need for people to compare us. Yeah, a lot of our verdicts were saying, watch out, Mitch's they might be coming for your job, and I'm like, it's not a competition, my love, I don't think so. So did you notice that their show opened and said fuck the Mitches? I was like, hey, I did notice that We've been nothing but support it.
Speaker 3: Oh so they fucking made me look like a fat cat. Did you see that? Dumb AI video that's me as a cat. Apparently I didn't pick up on that.
Speaker 6: Don't blame me, that's and also Mitchell Koomb's you as a cat is beautiful.
Speaker 3: I couldn't tell which one with.
Speaker 5: You the one with a balley tunic on?
Speaker 4: And why am I in a republic on our Instagram at couple of mitches. If anyone's to check out this hellish fucking cat video.
Speaker 1: An AI cat video, and I'm a very overweight gray cat. It's just very in I just felt I wasn't and I mean, this is my podcast, and I felt like I was on the outer I.
Speaker 4: Know what you mean, Mitch, because I hadn't heard that episode where they were talking about the AI cats. So this video popped up and I was like, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: I was so confused, and.
Speaker 1: Everyone in the comments like, oh, Mitch cheery, ha ha, fat cat, fat cat. I'm on a holidays, trying to enjoy myself and I'm being branded a fat cat by my loyal audience.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we'll save all this for Wednesdays.
Speaker 1: And I think we will be hearing from the Misfits. I think we're doing a full team will.
Speaker 4: Be back for the feedback when it's going to fucking hammer Jenner with it. No, although a lot of it does relate to your Jenner.
Speaker 1: Oh no, the buck does stop with you, Jenna.
Speaker 3: That's true. She was like the team leader in a way where she really was like that Dallas Cowboys cheerleader one. They were the rookies. You were one of the is it veterans again?
Speaker 5: The veterans the five year one captain.
Speaker 4: And they have to re audition the cheerleaders every year. There's no guarantee you make the squad again.
Speaker 3: That's brutal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one of the fourth year going to the fifth and didn't get in.
Speaker 1: Did you not understand that? I don't care?
Speaker 3: Do you never heed my recommendation? It's great Netflix. I'm not interested in cheerleading. Doesn't think either. I never thought I would be.
Speaker 4: But I've discovered my new favorite genre, which is just like a glimpse into worlds that I've never fucking thought about.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I will get into that.
Speaker 4: Bloody document true on SBS about carnies, like like the people that go around with the show rides.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 4: My friend recommended it and I was like, yeah, I'll check that out and When I started watching, I was like, I fucking went to school with all of them. Oh my god, they were bored. It's because their parents are driving around with show ride.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, I forgot that.
Speaker 4: LB Alone to the Charter is very fascinating watching that show, the Carnival and SBS. For those wanting to watch I need more random shows like that, just a glimpse into worlds that I just know nothing about it.
Speaker 3: You need to go into YouTube.
Speaker 1: I watched this YouTube channel called the b one m and it's a construction page and they just document how things are built. I watched a twelve minute video on how the Sydney Harbor Tunnel was built. It was incredible.
Speaker 3: It's only twelve minutes. I could commit to that. Watch the whole series.
Speaker 1: About totally and it's very impressive.
Speaker 5: Also, you realize I don't care.
Speaker 3: No, that's my show, so you have to see it hurts, doesn't it? I'm sorry. You shouldn't fight, Jenny, I know I do. You want me to get into my eGym for now? You just go for it. Let's go?
Speaker 2: Is it just me?
Speaker 4: Has there never been a harder time to be a Katie Perry fan?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I thought this morning when I watched that shocking video of that shocking song.
Speaker 3: I haven't watched it yet. It's not good.
Speaker 4: Oh no, don't tell me that I was gonna watch it for the first time here in the podcast.
Speaker 5: I haven't watched it either.
Speaker 1: What man power clitteress, that's what that's near the lyrics.
Speaker 4: Yes, and look she's she's made a comeback. She's got a new song out Woman's World, and we all know that she was on top of her game in twenty ten when Teenage Dream came out. That was the first album by female artist to have five number one singles from the same album.
Speaker 3: Yes, amazing. At the time, the only artists that had achieved that was Michael fucking Jackson. So that big deal. Five number one songs off one album.
Speaker 1: You're a big Katie Cat, you're a fan.
Speaker 3: I actually wasn't a fan at this point. Oh okay. And then after that she did Prison, which had bloody raw and whatnot, still very successful, huge songs. Then she just did fucking nothing for a few years.
Speaker 4: I think it was like five years of no new music, and then she came with Witness in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 3: I loved Witness so did. I. That's actually when I became a fan. I don't do the rhythm's the best song.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I liked Witness, I like Swish.
Speaker 3: Wish Yeah great, and I'm a sucker for an underdog.
Speaker 4: So that's when I started backing her when the general public had turned their backs. I think it was the short blonde pixie cut.
Speaker 3: Oh she ate off her. She looked good. No, not a lot of people would agree with you on that. I liked it though. I think it was cool.
Speaker 4: I liked but the Witness era did not do well. I went to one of the shows. It was half fucking empty.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: She announced the two it eights before the album came out without gauging public interest. So she had all these shows booked and they were all fucking empty.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, poor bitch.
Speaker 4: And so you know, everyone kind of turned their back on her, which is why in twenty twenty when Smile came out, objectively good fucking songs on it, but everyone just kind of didn't give her a chancel.
Speaker 3: In Hawaii Amazing, Yes, this one.
Speaker 4: So this song twenty nineteen, it came out, Yeah, it wasn't until last year that it went viral on TikTok.
Speaker 3: I remember that it was sur random. People loved it.
Speaker 4: And that's when I think the perception in the general public was like, oh, fuck, we we didn't give her an actual chance.
Speaker 3: Did we slept on Katie? Yeah? They did.
Speaker 4: They were like, fuck, that's actually some good shit right there. We're going to give her a crack. And so for the first time in years as a fan, I was witnessing everyone being.
Speaker 3: Like, you know what, We're going to give her a guy. We want her to.
Speaker 4: Make a comeback, Katie Perry, we need you to come back and save pop music, please, And there was genuine excitement.
Speaker 3: People had her back.
Speaker 4: And then she released a short snippet of her new song, Woman's Word.
Speaker 3: Do you have the snippet I do? She releases When I was in Bali, I woke up to this and I was just like, that can't be it. It didn't go down well.
Speaker 4: This is her quote unquote big comeback song. But once she had excitement and people wanting her to do well and she comes out with this.
Speaker 8: Sexy, oh god, so intellgent.
Speaker 1: Yeah she is head instead.
Speaker 3: Soft strong.
Speaker 1: So I saw someone say that it sounds like the kind of fake song that you sing to your cat.
Speaker 3: That's what she is.
Speaker 1: So strong, you are cute.
Speaker 5: I love you so much, my conny.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So you can imagine me as a fan hearing that, being like, Katie, Katie, what are you doing? I know, Catherine Elizabeth, what the fuck are you doing? Mate? Yeah? Yeah, people were behind you.
Speaker 4: They wanted you to do well, and you come out with this song that sounds like it's from a tampon app New Boys panty Liners Slay the Day, And there were all these comments saying, this sounds like it's AI generated. Yeah, strong, like they typed into AI give us an empowering female anthem by Katie Perry, and that's what it came out. That's so bad, And there were actual theories floating around the internet being like, maybe that's what she's done. It's an AI and that fucking little snipper is not actually real, and then she's going to come out with just.
Speaker 3: Kidding, that's not the song. That was a joke.
Speaker 4: And now hears the song and it's really good, but no, that was from that.
Speaker 3: I haven't heard it in full?
Speaker 1: Yeah, correct, I have heard the song.
Speaker 3: You've heard it in full? Yes?
Speaker 4: Did you get like an advance? I did I did get an admit radio Perks.
Speaker 1: It's you know what, it is so much better in full and it's very catchy, like genuinely like we make fun.
Speaker 3: It's very hooky.
Speaker 1: I think it will catch on. I think it's going to get a lot of airplay on the radio stations. Really such a core artist, and that comes into play that people already know her.
Speaker 4: I mean our voice Eye Bradley, who also happens to be the music director at Kiss FM. He always gave her shit a spin, even in the flopp era. Is all through smile or like Harley's in Hawaiian shit. All that made it to her on kids. I'm hoping that this nonsense gets to run on air and there's more to it than this fifteen second ship.
Speaker 3: It's awful intelligent.
Speaker 1: She is head and said that's like a ready so soft it could be for fucking paper, so soft, so strong.
Speaker 4: And people are also giving a ship because it's meant to be like a female empowering anthem. But it's been produced by doctor Luke. We all know the history with Kesher there. Yeah, even Kasher at the time just tweeted low that's it.
Speaker 1: Just also think here we go this isn't my fresh take. I've heard other people talk about it, but I do agree. I think in the time of artist like Chapel Roone, who is very good, who's incredible?
Speaker 3: What are you laughing at?
Speaker 4: I actually saw someone on TikTok say, because you know, the sentiment was Katie, we need you to come back and save pop music after.
Speaker 3: This came out. Get it.
Speaker 4: Yes, I just saw a TikTok that said, Katie, never mind, we've got Chapel Roone. Now, we've got Sabrina Carpenter, We've got Charlie XCX. We don't need you to save what music anymore.
Speaker 3: Forget about it. We're good.
Speaker 1: We take the message back. Jenna, can you play that one more time? Close your eyes and I want you to picture young little Jessica Jenna changed her name legally, and I want you to think of your future. You know, a future where maybe you host a podcast with two out gay men, but you make well below minimum wage and they make above it. Picture yourself as an adule and tell me does this song help.
Speaker 3: You achieve that vision?
Speaker 1: Hit it, Mitch, You've got a good busted tit.
Speaker 4: I'm picturing her writing sticky notes with these lyrics all around the.
Speaker 1: Mirror, and she's got big, thick black grim glasses. She's standing on her bed in bed socks, too soft.
Speaker 3: So strong. So should I watch this video in full for the first Oh yeah, yeah, of course. But wait, it's not out yet. No it is. Oh so you can hear it? Yeah I can. I haven't listened to it. Oh, let's do it.
Speaker 4: So obviously I can't play the full song on the podcast, but let's have a quick look and I'll come back with my thoughts. I'm keeping my expectations so light.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's definitely an improvement on that shit snippet, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Okay? Thanks? Fun? Oh, she's very baff she said. She's very fit at the moment, isn't me? Is that Katie Perry or Michelle Bridges? I can't, who knows? Who knows?
Speaker 1: She definitely found the a Zmpic, hasn't she? I'm just saying, okay, Mitchell, that was that was the first watch.
Speaker 3: What are your thoughts? God's growing on me a bit, hasn't it? I quite like? No, it's it's a masterpiece. Actually, she can do no wrong in mask. She saved pop music. She fucking I feel rescued. Yes, you anymore? Chapel Road, don't know it, Chapel Mark hit the Chapel Road, bitch.
Speaker 2: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: That's enough of these two now, let's hear And is it just you? Yeah, Mitch and I've had our turn. So you can hit us up as well if you'd like to come on the show with then is it just you?
Speaker 3: If you're on and is it just me? Yes?
Speaker 4: And if you want to do so, you can let us know a couple of mitches. Yeah, that's where you can hit us with your fucking thoughts. Or you can send us a text. We've got the text line as well.
Speaker 8: The number is oh for two to nine A two zero two nine.
Speaker 1: I missat voice, Miss Chicken missed that number.
Speaker 4: That Jenna let me into the lift today and she goes, I wish you were. Oscar just said it to my face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can know I did.
Speaker 5: Why because he's just such a beautiful person.
Speaker 1: Of course he's so is Mitchell. What does Oscar have that Mitchell doesn't.
Speaker 6: I must say that Mitchell Coombs does look amazing as a cat as an AI cat.
Speaker 1: Got Yeah, the mention of the ai cat, which is only is it just me socials byway. Now listen, let's got a cat today. She's in cans. Funny that cat is a No, she's not, she's a real cat. Thank god, I'm over this a bullshit.
Speaker 8: Me?
Speaker 3: Hallo, pussy girl. How are you hello?
Speaker 5: I'm good?
Speaker 3: How are you goodly? And how did you enjoy the Misfits while we'll be gone? Oh?
Speaker 7: Look I did love them. I haven't had a chance to listen to podcast yet, the last one, the yappin in Japan?
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you so much.
Speaker 7: Good I loved it. I did, mister Mitches, so thank you.
Speaker 6: That's yeah, yeah, good get But the Misfits were great though, Yeah.
Speaker 7: They were always.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's nice that, Scott.
Speaker 1: I love the tone you had there, almost when a child needs to be You're awesome, Jenna. Hey, listen something you've noticed you hate to appreciate. Bradley will count you in and then you're ready to hit us with your gym.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, I am all right.
Speaker 3: Let's go, Bradley, fire it up, Go Bradley. Is it just me?
Speaker 7: Am I too old to be listening to your podcast?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: What do you what do you mean?
Speaker 1: Unless you're one hundred and six?
Speaker 3: So how old, are you not, que.
Speaker 7: I'm forty turning fifty in a few months.
Speaker 3: That's not too old.
Speaker 1: To let me let you in on a little secret. This show is not aimed towards the eighteen year.
Speaker 3: Olds of the world.
Speaker 1: I mean, god, no, that's not our key demographic. If I get noticed on the street for this podcast, it is middle aged women.
Speaker 4: Yes, oh really, Yeah, there's a lot of mumsy tied to be at new mums or they've been mums for years.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: You know what doesn't say I aimed at helping a young adult?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So here's the issue that the branding of the show. It does, I think need to be looked at because we started the show when we were twenty three, yeah, something like that, twenty two to twenty three.
Speaker 7: And now you're twenty six, seven, twenty oh.
Speaker 3: So is this about the tagline the rude shocks of young adulthood? Yes, yeah, I mean even the beauty.
Speaker 4: Of that, Katrina is the fellow young adults people our age can listen and go, oh, okay, I'm going through the same sort of struggles. But then people who have lived it and been through that shit can just laugh at our misfortunes.
Speaker 3: People who were like, oh god, I remember being in my twenties.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well I do. But I also learn from you as well, which is really interesting.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what have you learned? What's something you've taken away from.
Speaker 7: The show, Just like, I really enjoy a lot of what you're talking about, the mental health that's not just young adult. That's been really interesting. I'm listening to a lot of the old episodes, So just hearing you talk about COVID, I was like, Wow, these guys really across it, Like you really got a lot of admiration for how mature you all are. But I enjoy your silliness as well, So there somewhere I can relate to you all, And I'm just really enjoyed listening.
Speaker 3: Thank you for that.
Speaker 4: By the way, we are doing it, Yeah, we turn someone away because of their age, Katrina, we welcome all times.
Speaker 3: It's so fine. We're not turning you away. We love all everything.
Speaker 7: I'm not annoying. Older aren't sometimes and always my.
Speaker 3: Favorite art people.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, there are really yeah, there are main demos.
Speaker 5: And also you're not old like I'm three hundred and thirteen.
Speaker 7: Oh that's what I forgot.
Speaker 1: Sorry, that's all right now.
Speaker 3: So yeah, if anyone can speak on this, it's you, Jenna.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think you treated does bring up a good point, and it's been brought up in our Facebook group because you're a ladiots that we are no longer young, and I think, go fuck yourself.
Speaker 4: I saw someone post in the Facebook group saying that the definition of young adulthood where we're not in that range anymore?
Speaker 3: Hot, and let me bring it. We are, we're young adults.
Speaker 7: Oh that's so interesting. Can you look up what demographic I'm in? Because when I went through IV five was classified as a gerrya trip no way.
Speaker 1: How old were you when you girty?
Speaker 3: Here we go found it.
Speaker 4: Apparently young adult means people in their teens or early twenties.
Speaker 3: No, we're officially like late twenties. Wouldn't you say minch mid to late?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm late, you're mid very soon to be late.
Speaker 7: You guys are almost thirty. How are you feeling about that?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, we're not. I'm not almost good. I've got two more years.
Speaker 1: I think we can keep powering through.
Speaker 4: Or unless anyone else has any better ideas instead of rude shocks of young adulthood because we're not young adults apparently.
Speaker 3: Oh but this is millennials moping.
Speaker 1: I just don't want to be that like as well, I feel younger than thirty.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 7: Well, that's the weird thing. I still feel very young and I'm about ten fifty up. Should I change my way of thinking? Should I grow up? Should I? I'm I find rude stuff funny and you guys, all of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's no age limit on senses of human dalling in appropriate?
Speaker 1: Can you stay listening to us for as long as you want. I had a sixty year old woman stop me on a flight to New York and say I love the podcast.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't want want it to come up to but hi, And I said, first of all, go fuck yourself on holiday.
Speaker 3: You know, up in the emergency exit, and kicked her out. But the point is she was sweet, and she was older than you.
Speaker 1: I just she comes to mind one of our idiots when I already it's Josie is Is She's been listening to this show for a long time.
Speaker 3: I made a scarf. She made a scarf, she's in it. She's the early sixties. Sigaw.
Speaker 7: That is really good. That's lovely to you know, the open minded with their sense of humor. And because it sounds people like that totally.
Speaker 3: I don't think we have a single idiot that isn't open mind with sense.
Speaker 7: This year, an idiot that's all being part of the clapt Thank you so much, God.
Speaker 4: Pleasure, don't forget to hit up Jenna on our Instagram to claim your prime.
Speaker 3: Yes, just God, love it funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so if you want to get in touch, you can hit us up in the DMS on a couple of inches. And I think for the time being we stay the same. The rude shocks of young adulthood.
Speaker 3: I can't think of anything off the top of my head what we could do differently.
Speaker 1: We could just do Is it just me? The things you've noticed you hate to appreciate?
Speaker 3: That's true, that's true. We really could we could, But it's just a bit wordy.
Speaker 4: I'm picturing the show open up right. It says, brace yourself for the rude shocks of young adulthood.
Speaker 3: How do you fucking word that? Brace yourself for the things that these fucking idiots have noticed? Hey to appreciate?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 3: Bit wordy, isn't it? Yeah? It doesn't really roll off the time. You know, we don't have to sold it in one day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe someone else left a better idea, idiot, Yeah, you've got home work again today.
Speaker 1: If you can think of a better strap line for the show now that we're fucking geriatric, let us know, hit us up in the DMS.
Speaker 3: We'd love to have your thoughts. Should we get out of here? Yeah, let's go for us episode back. Yeah, it just flew by. I didn't.
Speaker 1: I actually did it web very quick. Well, guys, we see in a couple of days. You can follow us online. You can follow this the Facebook group too, Enduring Idiots online, join the conversation.
Speaker 3: In the show notes, Yes, if you'd like to join, Yeah, and leave us five stars.
Speaker 1: If you're new here or if you haven't shared the podcast with a friend. If you love it as much as you do, think of one friend and you're like, we'll like it and go. You have to listen to this podcast.
Speaker 4: Because presumably, if you're friends with this person, you've got the same sense of humor, so they should get amongst septopa.
Speaker 5: And they can be any age.
Speaker 3: Like any age at all. And it's also not just gays.
Speaker 4: A lot of people think that because we're the amount of fucking straight men that I've met at my comedy shows and it was their idea to bring their wife to the show, and they listen to the.
Speaker 3: Podcast as well. Yeah, it's wild to me.
Speaker 4: I also in Adelaide, in particular the fucking freezing there at the moment. I saw so many of our gorgeous city. It's rocking up in our merch.
Speaker 3: The jumpers us.
Speaker 4: They're actually very lovely. I don't even have any of my own yet. It's on the way, but yes, a couple of meters dot com dot au if you'd like to order some merch. They're very cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go get some merch and send us photos in the merch. If you haven't done it yet, go and buy some.
Speaker 3: You a competition who can sell the most it is.
Speaker 4: There's a new player in the ring because it's my five year anniversary.
Speaker 3: Ears to Are Inspired design.
Speaker 4: There's your I'm with idiots range correct, and now there's the fucking misfit range in the mix.
Speaker 3: Which I will say I think needs to be removed. No, I don't, I cheated because they've got more than one design within the one range. Yeah, I think it needs to go. No, it's just very well done, but it needs to be pulled down.
Speaker 1: It's not on anymore, No, it's still It lives on Channel seven, offering shirts for Sunrise with.
Speaker 3: Melissa Doyle on that by that me too. Actually, thanks for listening. Idiots will see very soon. Catch them on Wednesday. They are Is It Just Me? A podcast by a couple of miches.
Speaker 2: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast app.
Speaker 4: Welcome to add brief our secret segment on the end. We pretend the show is done, but then we keep talking shit for a while and waffle.
Speaker 3: On for a bit. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is actually great to be.
Speaker 3: Back, guys. Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I did miss it because I had a couple of weeks after I got back before we started recording again, and I was just like, I don't recognize myself without a podcast to edit, Like having a weekend free, I was like, what do I do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're so used, I mean, such a routine.
Speaker 1: I had things happen to me that I'm like, oh, we've told this on the podcast. Man.
Speaker 4: Of course you're the point of forgetting to write it down, so you forgot it all famously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're going to get stories of this trip for the next fucking year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like that's going to be how it works, honest to guy, that reminds me of when I was in.
Speaker 1: Bard maybe that annoying person. The trip was good, though, guys, I had so much fun, Like it was actually a very nice trip. So you know how sometimes they're stressful, like a international trip. But like, customs was fine, the flying was fine, no turbulence, that was great. It looked fun, it was got an upgrade, got to lie down in a business class bed.
Speaker 4: Come on, I don't think I could do a flight to America again. I've just realized I'm off flying in general.
Speaker 3: Why you don't like it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it was only six hours to Barley on the most uncomfortable plane ever. Yeah, and that killed me. And then even on the way back because I was doing a round trip, like I said, from Barley to Darwin.
Speaker 3: I was just sitting there. It was only two hours and I'm like, I'm fucking bored.
Speaker 4: I'm antsy. I was kicking, like, you know, the chair in front of me. I was like, I'm like, God, I just get crossed, frobic.
Speaker 3: I don't like them. Hurry up.
Speaker 1: And land.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, pretty much.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what happened I While I was away, I missed Steven's birthday.
Speaker 3: Oh I know, I know he had his birthday.
Speaker 1: And that's how first his first birthday while we know each other.
Speaker 3: Literally his first birthday, Jenna, that's very good. And he more thant born in a leaping.
Speaker 1: Now he's twenty two and I missed his birthday?
Speaker 3: Can you believe it? Did you make up for it to shower him with ship? I did?
Speaker 1: I send him, had him a beautiful big bunch of flowers sent to his house. I got some custom wine glasses with his initials in them. Sorry, sweet Now tonight, well tonight, Well this week we're going to a hotel in Sydney, soep making it up for him, so little stay can stay k Yeah, and a winter stay CA here's a little hack's just been on the fly. But did you also not know that hotels do winter deals because no one stays in hotels in winter, right, especially in fucking Sydney. So we booked this one in Paddington. It's called the Oxford House. It's very fancy and they're like winter warmer deal late early check in, late check out, free pool access seventy five dollars a day pool access bar vout chart I think as a spar right, but free breakfast, everything's included.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's a little hat for you get a hotel stay in winter.
Speaker 4: You been paid for this? Now it feels like it because he dropped the hotel name. No, I promise, so you can check my bank account out. You're telling everyone to raith in now.
Speaker 1: While stocks are No, I promise, I'm paying for this.
Speaker 3: I had a real hard time trying to get shorn and nice and to end up getting him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well I can't actually say because it hasn't arrived yet, which is part of the problem. But obviously he got me the Mcloud's Daughters Overnight's Day, which was amazing, and I'm like, how the fuck? And you've seen the website, Jenna, it's not cheap.
Speaker 3: I how do I top that? Really? Before you?
Speaker 4: And so I thought, here's what I'll do. I'll just I'll work in cohoots with the hotel and make sure that there is flowers on arrival and Champagne on arrival already waiting in the room.
Speaker 3: Cute.
Speaker 4: And we got there and he didn't even clock that there was champagne and flowers on arrival because the place is quite fancy in general, and so we thought it was just complementary decoy.
Speaker 1: Yeah you thought it blendsiir, oh no, So did you have to go look at the fucking flowers show?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I did?
Speaker 4: And then he goes, oh, oh you did this, and I'm like, yes, I've been emailing them for the last fucking week.
Speaker 3: They had to go to the nearest florist, which is.
Speaker 4: Twenty k's away, and then probably charge me double for delivery.
Speaker 1: So what are you getting him? Can you bleep it out?
Speaker 4: I guess I could just tell him not to listen, you know, if you're listening, don't fucking listen to this bit.
Speaker 3: He listens to every week? Yeah he does.
Speaker 4: So his favorite show is Doctor Who, Yes, yes, and he also loves chess.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 4: So someone on Etsy hand makes these Doctor Who themed chess ball that's so thoughtful, right. It's not the same as an Overnight's Day, but I still thought it's something he likes. It's like handmade, you know, it's it's cute, but they're taking forever to hand fucking make it. Whoever runs his Etsy store ages ago, and it's still not here. I know, doctor who.
Speaker 5: When he's gonna love that so much?
Speaker 4: Listen now, I also like paid for dinner at the Mcloud's daughters place. But I was like, it still doesn't match what he did, you know, And so.
Speaker 1: Thought, get that that's nice, Like let him have the win. You don't have to top it.
Speaker 3: You really don't, I know, But I just accepted that I wasn't going to No, I wasn't gonna be able to beat that gift, but I just wanted to come close totally. Also, the fucking chef was flirting with him. What do you mean flirting? Because I just have a feeling that the staff out there because it's.
Speaker 4: Like regional and between big weddings where the place is booked out, there's only a couple of people staying there at a time, so they must be so fucking bored and or lonely that fuck. I had to just lock myself in the room because every time we bumped into a staff man, but they chew our ear off, and of course Sean's so polite to shoot them, and I'm like, get into a conversation ruining Aaron birth through dinner. The chef was there for like half an hour. I was just talking and I'm sitting there clearly not interested. But Sean's just like egging him on asking questions and I'm kicking him under the table, going the fun.
Speaker 1: By the sounds of it, Sean was flirting with the chef.
Speaker 4: But then when we checked out, the chef literally said thank you for listening to me and letting me tell you all those things. That's cute because he must just there must be no able to chat to you out there.
Speaker 3: No, there wouldn't be.
Speaker 1: We had an experience in La This just shows how bad like the culture is in America. Like we were there for the debate and I was listening to consider the radio so bad. We were there and and this waitress comes up to us, well, she's serving us, right. And in America, if you've never been, you have one waiter a server for your table and they have to serve you. You can't get your bill with someone else, you have to tip them.
Speaker 4: Like it's all in one of these places that I hate, where you can't even pop up to the bar and ordered drink.
Speaker 3: The waight has to do it. Like where there you're serving and the like.
Speaker 1: In Sydney, I had lunch at cants and were in La. She made me pay for her lunch and I was there and the server at the end said it was the day before the fourth of July, so the third of Joly and she's like, you're here's your check. And as you think about your tip, I want you to also pray for me. I need you to pray for me because my country right now is divided and I my name is Marianna, and I.
Speaker 3: Need you to pray for me. Think of me.
Speaker 1: Close your eyes and think of me, because I am both never been more all lost. And I'm like, babe, I just want to pay for my Matt's a ballsup please.
Speaker 3: And my pickles.
Speaker 1: Wow, that poor bitch, that's I know. She was crying holding our hands sweat and the America is.
Speaker 3: Like, really, it's in the bad place. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The vibe in the air is like even La, which is one of my favorite cities in the world, streets are broken.
Speaker 3: I just love the magic comed It's.
Speaker 4: Very barley ad Jason, I'm like, oh, this place is a bit fucking grotty.
Speaker 3: It's gotten worse.
Speaker 1: I was walking down the street, yeah, and I had to spit and rub my shoe on the stars to see what the name was.
Speaker 3: The Walk of Fame is so dirty.
Speaker 1: Really, Rachel, My sister saw it a homeless man's househole. She bent over and she went, I just saw a hole for you where about? And she saw it just on the street of La No, that's sad anyway.
Speaker 3: That's the end of the show officially. But we hope this podcast.
Speaker 4: We hope this podcast made you feel at least two percent better today. That's all just two percent, so we do so we bloody went. It's got just a bit back. Thanks for listening, idiots, we actually did.
Speaker 3: We love you. Thank you for listening.
Speaker 1: It's so good to come back to like the family, you know. I love knowing that we have you guys here.
Speaker 3: We're lucky and thanks for keeping our seats warm.
Speaker 1: Misfits Yeah, and our full thoughts on that and an air check analysis on the content in a couple of days on the.
Speaker 3: Next episode, See you have a Wednesday, you get to see that. Bye bye, bye bye.
Speaker 2: Is it just me a podcast by a couple of mitches.
Speaker 1: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast app.