Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian o'connel show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jacks just told me a fact. It's no hum drum normal fact. It's a kid of fact. Occasional the show, we do a thing called kid of facts, where these go beyond mere facts. They exist in a different stratosphere. They are killer facts.
Speaker 1: You know. Where you go so you hear.
Speaker 2: Someone telling you something, Oh my god, wow when we hear your kid of facts, you hear this.
Speaker 1: Oh, I forgot to press the favor. I'm sorry it's Friday. But if you don't, that's what I meant to say.
Speaker 3: You hear.
Speaker 1: De Yeah, Jack, the killer fact is all right.
Speaker 3: Famous Australian characters, Mother daughter characters Kathy King back on our screens this week Mother Daughter in show but in real life the exact same age. No, I don't think that deserves that again.
Speaker 1: Not killing one. Patty.
Speaker 3: Isn't that amazing? Sixty one years old?
Speaker 1: But that's just coincidence though, that's not an a killer.
Speaker 3: Fast right, but in the show I couldn't have.
Speaker 1: For goodness, I'm gonna retract this.
Speaker 2: Right, No, because that's the more I think about. I've got what I think is a killer fact about. It's about Otters. So for this to hit me up, for this to work, I want you to close your eyes, not if you're driving and operating heavy machinery, and imagine not one ortter, but a family of waters. Imagine them search your mum, your dad. They've got four kids, this phoney right now. They're worried about going to sleep at night and drifting apart out in the seas or where they are on the rivers by the dams.
Speaker 3: Do they sleep in the water?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, they live in the water, in the water.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I thought they're amazing animals.
Speaker 2: About dad, there's four kids to stop themselves drifting apart and then waking up the morning.
Speaker 3: Go where's that.
Speaker 1: They do?
Speaker 2: They hold go to sleep together. When I saw a photo of this last week, it was a highlight of the year Otters sleeping and holding hands together. A family of them now.
Speaker 3: And the mom and dad.
Speaker 1: Piggyback on my kidder. Fact. Okay, all right, do you have a killer fact?
Speaker 2: Nine four one four one o four three, Perhaps if you've got a killer phone.
Speaker 4: I learned last weekend helping ords with the homework that it takes eight minutes for the heat of the sun to get to Earth.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a killer fact. That's how to do it. Jack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I knew that already though, Why didn't you say I told I?
Speaker 1: Remember?
Speaker 2: Why don't we drop that instead of that bomb? Average Kathain Kim one, kathin Kim.
Speaker 3: Outside. This is how teacher explained it to us. Then it takes eight minutes from the light of the sun to get to Earth. If the sun blew her and wasn't existing anymore, we'd have eight minutes to live.
Speaker 1: No, we can't have that on Friday. It's a killer They don't sing it, so killer facts only.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Seriously, when you get to work today, Google otters holding hands, someone drifting apart sleep.
Speaker 1: Christian, I've got a kill a fat for you.
Speaker 2: Not only do dogs have nipples like you discovered the other day, they actually have an odd number of nipples. It's never even John, how the hell do you know that? You've got to have looked at more than one to know that that is a fact. Then have five on one side, four on the other.
Speaker 3: That's a killer fact.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, let's do it, John Glenn. When you eat fresh oysters, they are still alive. If they were dead, they wouldn't taste as fresh.
Speaker 1: Not a killer fact, Christian? What about this? Then?
Speaker 2: I see your otter fact and I raise you this turtle one. Some turtles can breathe through their butts.
Speaker 1: Oh that's awesome, Patsy, come on, we.
Speaker 2: Need to raise their game. What is a killer fact? Let's go to Andrew. Yes, hello, Andrew, what's the killer fact for us?
Speaker 4: My killer fact? Is it? Out off Hitler? I only had one testicle.
Speaker 1: Ain't a killer fact? Is it? We've got to start somewhere. Thank you, Andrew.
Speaker 2: That's because we leant too much into the turtles breathing up their butts.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Paul. Good morning, Paul.
Speaker 4: Hey guys, here you go on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're good. So Paul, what is your killer fact?
Speaker 4: Statistically, if you randomly got onto an aeroplane, it would take ten thousand years before you were likely to be encountering a major accident.
Speaker 1: I guess it is it? It is it?
Speaker 3: It is a long time.
Speaker 1: It's ten thousand is it?
Speaker 2: Might?
Speaker 1: You know? Can't some people do in a nervous flies? Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, Paul, thank you very much. What is your killer facts? Prizes for the good ones.
Speaker 1: What are we going to give away? You know? Where are these pens?
Speaker 3: Yeah? We have those now have you seen? Yes, I have Christian O'Connell branded pens.
Speaker 2: Team bring Yeah these pens.
Speaker 1: I think they're been frightened have shown them to us. This is the Oh there's a lot of them, isn't there were these rights?
Speaker 2: These are very The first thing there that are Greek too is how light they are.
Speaker 1: That will blow away in a breeze.
Speaker 3: We leave.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, we the official pen. The logo is barely visible by the eye.
Speaker 2: Anyway, What an amazing prize pens for your killer facts?
Speaker 4: You're listening to the question know Carl's Show podcast?
Speaker 1: If it is a killer facts? You in one of our brand new serious.
Speaker 2: It is about five months been waiting for these. I don't know where they've I'm from Pluto. They've got the cheapest pen faction in the world out there. These are official winners pen. It is a very you know what, It's a cheap, very cheap pen, isn't it?
Speaker 3: You give the job?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: And that's a great way to send a prize to a listener, isn't it. That's worth picking up the phone?
Speaker 1: This morning?
Speaker 2: On nine four one four. It's one of those ones where you just have that in the kitchen random. You don't even know how it got in there that we didn't as know where we would have bought a pen.
Speaker 1: That flim is in cheap.
Speaker 2: Nine four one four one oh four three. All right, killer facts. Let's go to emails. This is from Nicholas Christian. I've got a killer fat for you. Australia is wider than the moon. The moon is three and a half thousand kilometers in diameter. Australia's four thousand from east to west.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: That is a good one, Christian. This actually is a killer fat. The creator of Pringles is buried in a giant pringles.
Speaker 3: Caneah, No, it's not.
Speaker 2: I promise you look it up. I looked it up, so I thought I'm not falling for that. He got buried in a giant pringles can. I believe original flavor as well. See I found a Guardian arsicole. He got buried in a pringle Jack.
Speaker 1: Isn't it right?
Speaker 3: Well, his ashes are in a pringles can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's buried in a pringles can. They're not shoving him one his whole body, lowering it lowering it into the ground. All right, let's go to Catherine here. Good morning Catherine, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 4: Here are you going.
Speaker 1: I'm good, so I'm excited. Have you got a killer fact for us?
Speaker 4: I do In relation to its size, out of all the animals on the planet, the Barnacle has the largest appendage.
Speaker 3: Oh, I didn't know it. I didn't know it.
Speaker 1: But is it a killer fact? Yeah? I mean, are you going to tell somebody else?
Speaker 3: I will retell that.
Speaker 2: You want to get some friends around and you know that you guys, do you know about the Barnacle compared to a size, it's got the biggest appendage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Patsy, Well, it depends how big it is, whether it's impressive or not.
Speaker 3: You haven't seen my husband, she said, taking it back.
Speaker 1: It's not a killer fat. Now, Catherine's a kid of fat. We'll send you a pen. Thank you so much, our Chairiship oh please do Heidi? Good morning, Hidi, Good morning Christian. Where are you today?
Speaker 2: I'm good and hope you've had a good week so far. Hidi, wash your killer fat.
Speaker 4: If you hold your nose closed, you can't hummer tune.
Speaker 1: Live demonstration of the team here. Everyone's trying it right now.
Speaker 3: I guess it's not really a hum.
Speaker 1: Try humming, because start humming, then close your eyes. Can you hack it that way? You can't know, you really can't do it. You know what?
Speaker 2: Hid an actual, genuinely great kid of fat. We'll send you one of our pens.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Hi, Do you have a nice weekend?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Paul? Good morning, Paul. Good guys? Are we Yeah? What's your a killer fact for us? Mate? Well?
Speaker 4: Kill as mate? If you write down the numbers from one to one hundred in word form, you will not use the letter A.
Speaker 1: Okay, we might be here. No, we don't interest that free. No, no, no, no, James, the news coming up. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast