Speaker 1: Come on in.
Speaker 2: Hello, here we go, guys.
Speaker 3: Do you know what?
Speaker 4: I had the most lovely day today. I'm sorry, I mean, I love being here. I love seeing you guys. Happy three o'clock everyone. But we have been back to back with work because we just finished off our live shows Life on Cut.
Speaker 3: We've been traveling all over the country.
Speaker 4: It's been this very challenging but fun work a couple of weeks. But also it means I haven't spent a lot of time with my kids and the mum guilt that I have been feeling over the last few weeks, and how just like I just have felt like I've not been very clocked in on them. And today I got to spend the whole day with Marley and Lola, and we had this really beautiful moment Marley and I where we were laying in bed having a cuddle.
Speaker 3: And usually you think your kids don't really miss.
Speaker 4: You, right, they're always kind of a bit distracted, and then when you actually put your time and energy into them, you're like, do.
Speaker 3: They even really care?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Being away and now I'm back. And she was so sweet, she was like, Mommy, I've missed you so much. That had to help with the guilt, doesn't I.
Speaker 4: Know, But honestly, it was just it was exactly what I needed to fill my cut back up. And then I was like, okay, but their mommy had to come back to work this afternoon.
Speaker 3: Laura don't want to. I don't want to take away.
Speaker 2: From that, but I feel very similar with my dog Delilah.
Speaker 3: She was like, thank god, your home, mummy.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not home yet, but I feel very guilty that I leave her unattended and I don't care for her enough attention. And I'm sure if she could talk, she would say something similar to what your girls have said.
Speaker 4: I'd just like to clarify my kids were not left unattended. They were definitely they're well.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm glad you guys have said this. It reminds you. I've got a lot of men on Tinder that i haven't replied to and it's just been so hard.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we have a huge show coming up. But next up, we had one of our favorites. It's Asking Cuts, where you guys writing and calling with your deepest, darkest burning questions and problems and we do our best to answer them.
Speaker 3: We have a really really good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Burning question next, But on the show today as well before four o'clock a thousand dollars cash up for grabs thanks to targ That's exciting. Thousand bucks very soon, let's start to pick up. It's Thursday, which means, ladies, it's time for this ask.
Speaker 2: I'm cut Thursday, or how we fondly refer to it, therapy Thursday ask on cut Day, it's where you guys write in or call in with your deepest, darkest burning questions, the most the biggest problem you have of this week. Menique's on the line. Hi Manique, Hi Many, what do you got going on?
Speaker 5: Well, I've been with my both send for that eight months now, and that's why I'm going really really great love the guys. He's wonderful. He lives with his family and go over there fairly frequently. I'll see them in passionate least like two three times a week have been. But I'm really struggling to connect with them or get to know them. And it's really difficult because we've got quite an age gap, and while that doesn't really reflect in my relationships with my boyfriend, it sort of comes to show. So I'm really struggling with the dad. So I'm wondering if he's maybe have any tips on, you know, how to get to your part OF's family or how to connect with them better when you just don't.
Speaker 4: Really when they count because the age gap they were talking about.
Speaker 6: Ten years younger.
Speaker 2: When you say you having a lot of problems with the dad, what problems are we talking like? He's route and abrasive, he's not welcoming, or he just doesn't open up much, he doesn't ask you questions.
Speaker 3: What's the level of problem here?
Speaker 5: Mostly just not opening up Sometimes you can tell us a bit of a tone shift when they're talking to me.
Speaker 4: Do you think they don't approve of the relationship or do you think it's just that maybe it's personality conflicts.
Speaker 5: Passively personality conflicts. I've get to broach the subject of whether of how they actually feel about me. I'm kind of scared to.
Speaker 4: I think the big issue here is that he's still living at home. You know if because the problem is is well like it's it is a problem for you that you don't get on with the in laws because you're having to go to their house and be in their space and you don't have your own privacy. You don't have your own you know, you can't have your own walls up. Yeah, and you've got to be on behavior because mommy and Daddy are there.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think for me, it's not so much about having to have the perfect relationship with your in laws. It does come down to how your partner responds to that though, like do they is he perceptive to it?
Speaker 3: Is he trying to mend the bridge?
Speaker 4: Like how does he respond when they're not kind of being very nice or welcoming or whatever.
Speaker 3: It is that they're doing.
Speaker 4: I think that that shows so much of his personality and who he is and how invested is in the relationship. But then also I think, if this is challenging for you and you're not enjoying it, and you guys are working towards something together, I think.
Speaker 3: He needs to move out from living with mum and dad. Maniku.
Speaker 2: I thinking that one piece of advice here for you is you said you're really shy, and you go over there and you have a hard time connecting. The number one piece of advice here for for humans in general is people want to feel noticed and like someone's interested in them. And I say that because it's really important for you to maybe find out something about your partner's parents. Ask the questions about their life, what they've done, make them feel like you're genuinely interested, because it does really go a long way, and I think that that will help you connect with him. So maybe ask your partner a little bit about their life and something you can lean into.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's a favorite food you can bring over or bring up.
Speaker 2: But when you ask somebody questions about themselves, they feel more connected to you and like you are more interested. They're going to give you more and I think that's really important.
Speaker 5: Okay, but at the end of the day, you're.
Speaker 3: Not dating his family, so don't it's not a deal breaker. You're not going to.
Speaker 4: Break out like you and you want to get on with them.
Speaker 1: Give us an update, Okay, calls back in six months and let us know how it goes. Worries, if you want to get it touched, you get and ask the kind of your own to pick up or do you right now?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: Well, look, speaking of people who live at home with their parents, I'm coming up next. I want to talk about a mum who has recently evicted her adult children from her house.
Speaker 3: Good, yeah, yeah, go for it, and you'll want to know why you're saying this. Mitch Churry, the guy who lives.
Speaker 1: At home, I actually want to bring it up. But okay, we can get into this. Yeah you are. I've got points to argue, and we'll do it next on the show with the pickup.
Speaker 3: All right, I have a story to tell you guys.
Speaker 4: Now, one might say that a mother's love knows no bounds, but that day though, yeah, well would I yes?
Speaker 3: I will love my children togever do.
Speaker 4: I want to support my children for the rest of their lives, until I am old and on a pension.
Speaker 3: Not really.
Speaker 4: I hope that one day they grow up, they spread their wings and they fly away from my house and into someone else's family.
Speaker 1: That's the dream from every for every parent. Would you agree?
Speaker 2: I mean I was straight out home at eighteen, and I don't have kids, so yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Mean I also moved out of home when I was nineteen years old, so like we were out of there young Mitch, not so much.
Speaker 1: There is going? Where is this?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Oh right, all right, well look what happened. I'm going to take you over to Italy. There is a seventy five year old woman there now, She lives in northern Italy, in a beautiful place called Pavia, and she has recently won a court case suing her two sons. Right, she has taken them to court, her own children, her own children, her own blood. And the reason for this is because her children are forty years old and forty two years old, and they refused to move out of home.
Speaker 3: Refused.
Speaker 4: But not only did they refuse, they refused so much that she had to take legal action against her own children. Now, this poor woman, she was spending her entire pension on food. Could you imagine how much it costs to feed two forty year old men to show she was spending her entire pension on food and on maintenance for the house, and she had not a dollar to stare for herself.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of non as meatballs.
Speaker 2: Because she literally called I'm just now, she literally called her son's parasites.
Speaker 3: She said, they're parasite. I mean forty forty two. Come on, you're halfway. I mean sorry for anyone that's eighty, but you're halfway through your life. You're halfway.
Speaker 2: You can't be living and smooching off your elderly mother.
Speaker 3: What is wrong in those people.
Speaker 4: Do you know what though, The only thing that's worse than than never moving out of out of home as a forty year old, like never, they never ever left and came back. It's not like they, you know, had a hard thing that went on in their life and then they had to move back home.
Speaker 3: They literally never ever moved out.
Speaker 4: The only thing that is worse is having your mum having to sue you to get you out of the house.
Speaker 3: It is unbelievable.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I used to live in Italy.
Speaker 2: I moved to Italy when I was like eighteen nineteen, and I remember I had a really good friend and that I had made over there through the nanny and circuit. And he was thirty five and I've only just thought about this now, but he was still living at home. The average age in Italy to move out home is like thirty one years old.
Speaker 4: Well do you know what that's? I mean, it's weird, isn't it. I mean, it's different than what do you need to hilarious.
Speaker 1: I was waiting for this to be brought back to me, but no, I'm getting off Scott free. My mom wants me at the house. That's the of the jury.
Speaker 3: Household do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: I feel like maybe you have a little bit of Italy in your in your blood. There is a term which is being coined in Italy and it's called mammony. Mamony now mammony means and it's used to describe adult men, specifically who were too dependent on their mothers.
Speaker 3: Givemoney grown my mom. And I think that that is you. Mitch Jury, You're a Mitch Jury mamonial.
Speaker 1: Mamoni's of Australia thirteen when I was sixty five? How old are you and you're still living at home? I think it is so fun.
Speaker 3: I'm ahead of you, trying to get safety in numbers here.
Speaker 1: Mill We're going to go on a write a strike all us adults.
Speaker 3: So we're going to call you now, Mitch, Mitch Mamonichury.
Speaker 1: On Jack's called on thirteen six. I've had on mamone. How old are you? You're living at home?
Speaker 6: Yes? Nine?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Have you ever moved out of home and come back? You've been there the whole time?
Speaker 5: Oh I did move out for a little bit and then when I been I Uni, I ended up like over COVID.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can I say YouTube Boomers Britain Laura, the economy is tough, you know for us gen Z's it's so hard for us.
Speaker 3: To us no load of rubbish. It was tougher for us. Look we're pretty old, Laura and I yeah. I mean, you know, back there in the Great Depression, it was horrible.
Speaker 1: Okay, we've got another mim on thirteen one sixty five, Rebecca Homimo on there.
Speaker 6: Okay, so my sister, she's thirty one, Yeah, but she still lives at home. She's never in her entire life moved out. Yeah, so she literally doesn't understand what living is like these days. My parents she doesn't pay rent easier. My parents play the marking and yeah, oh no, no, no, she does the shopping.
Speaker 4: I mean for herself and everyone, well for everyone, but I mean her my mom and my dad.
Speaker 6: So technically what two hundred three Shaw was, Max.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's got to be some of this responsibility that falls on the parents, right Like it sounds like they're encouraging that moment. This when I have kids, that's second, they're eighteen, they're out. Actually they're going to boarding school at twelve.
Speaker 4: Somewhere in between your Mum and Britt would be a really great place to spot.
Speaker 1: I think it's you, Laura. I think it's you. You're the warm middle ground.
Speaker 3: Okay, you lot.
Speaker 2: Next up, I am putting something to the test with our big big boss of radio, the big boss of the pickup.
Speaker 3: I've been worried about how it's going to go down.
Speaker 1: God, all right, that's happening. Next we might lose our jobs. Yea, thanks for flagging it with Laura and I ahead of time. Britt. Really cool.
Speaker 3: I'm always good to be prepared, respectful like that.
Speaker 1: Next on the pickup.
Speaker 2: Look, work politics are hard enough to navigate, I think on the best of days, you know, between bosses.
Speaker 3: And employees and each other.
Speaker 2: And there's a conversation at the moment taking over the internet between a boss and their employee. Now, the reason it's gone viral is, and I'm going to surmise this right, because there's a text message exchange between the employee and the boss that is getting a lot of people talking.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of debates.
Speaker 2: Basically, the employee wrote to his boss and said, hey, mate, I've got really bad hay fever. Like it's gone off the charts. I'm sneezing non snot stop. I'm a bit snotty because of the seat sneezing. Not sick, just hay fever. So I'm gonna work from home today. I've lined up all my meetings. I'll get everything done. It's going to be great. And his boss wrote back and said, like, morning, sorry to hear that you're suffering from hay fever, but that excuse quote unquote doesn't fly in the workplace. We have something in place here that says if you are too sick to come to work, then you're too sick to work from home, and you have to take a sick day. So he's trying to say, if you can't come in because you've your hay fever, we're not gonna let you work from home. Don't do anything today but use one of your sick days. And it has gotten so many people talking because so many people were like, hang on, no, of course you can still work from home. Like you have to be forced to take a sick day.
Speaker 1: You're a business owner. You've got staff at Tony Mayo jewelry brands, So like, what would you do in this situation?
Speaker 4: See, I think it depends on the workplace, right. I don't think we can give a blanket either way, but I also kind of agree. I'm like, if you're going to be if you're too sick to be able to come in and do a face to face meeting or a meeting at all, then how you were okay to do that same meeting over zoom from a home.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't you rather your staff actually complete their job, It doesn't matter where they are in their nose. Wait?
Speaker 4: Wait, this isn't about no, because I think that you look at this and you think this is about like getting the most out of the workers and making sure that you squeeze them from everything they worth.
Speaker 3: If someone's sick, I don't want them working at all.
Speaker 4: Take a day off, feel better, and then come in and do your job the next day.
Speaker 2: But they can still work, they just can't go into work. If you're contagious for some reason, you can't go into work.
Speaker 3: You can still fever. No, that's exactly that's right. He work from home. That's the whole point.
Speaker 1: I've got the text here and they're saying, I've got plenty of stuff I can do from home. Can I work from home? And the boss is still saying no. I think that's unreasonable. I think it depends on the workplace. I think it depends on what you do for a job and weather.
Speaker 4: Working from home is an option the three of us not an option everywhere.
Speaker 1: In our bedroom and yell out the window and people open their car windows and listen to a pickup from bed.
Speaker 3: I have hay fever. I would like to do the show from my bed.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Here's a prime example. Guys.
Speaker 2: When I got COVID last year, I couldn't come into work because I had COVID.
Speaker 3: I still did the radio show. We phoned in from home.
Speaker 2: That's because you have to be dying to get I thought I thought i'd test this out with our boss, our big boss, Tony.
Speaker 3: I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Did you message?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I did, and I thought I was going to get fired. I messaged him this morning. I'm I'm going to read into you.
Speaker 1: It's always on his phone too. He would have got this straight away.
Speaker 3: Morning, Tony.
Speaker 2: So my hay fever is so bad today it's hit me hard. Must be the change in weather. I'm a sneezing mess. So I'm going to work from home today. I'll just call into the radio. It'll all be organized well, though, don't worry.
Speaker 3: Thanks, I'm sure that went down beautiful.
Speaker 1: That was more of a statement that wasn't even a question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, that's what I was trying. Just wait for it, ready, hey, full stop, morning, full stop. So look, I'm sorry you were suffering from hay fever. I completely know where you were coming from, as I suffer too. Generally, as a rule, when this has happened to previous team members, they still come in and continue on, especially on air teams, as they only need their voice. Also, my view is that you can work from home, you can come in as hay fever won't infect Laura and Mitch. So my suggestion is take some Zyrtec from Hemma's warehouse and hop in a cab for the show.
Speaker 3: Brittany, I think fair hand on. Wait, oh god that you went back?
Speaker 1: You went pie?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you dug in.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the quick response. I totally see where you're coming from. But I guess no two humans are cut from the same cloth, right.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's hitting me a little different because I work.
Speaker 2: So hard and my stressed stress levels I've been up so high.
Speaker 3: But don't worry no more.
Speaker 2: Even notice I'm having to record from home. I will get some of that medication.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Thanks for your understanding from sneezy brit and heat here right back he goes get to work.
Speaker 1: And guys, I can report pretty sitting next to us COVID. Now, yeah, we're all very very thanks a lot tony. All right, everyone stand by. I feel like it's snuck up on all of us. But it's Christmas time very soon. So to help with filling the chrissy tree, we've got the help of Target to give out one thousand dollars cash.
Speaker 6: Mame.
Speaker 4: This makes life a little bit easier, doesn't It wouldn't be nice to win one thousand dollars for targets, so nice.
Speaker 1: Thirteen one six five is our number. We're going to give that away on the pickup or your chance to win it next, ladies, it's that time of the week.
Speaker 4: Oh it's my favorite time of the week. We get to give away a thousand dollars from Target do so.
Speaker 1: Target said, guys, it's almost Christmas, the inflation is through the roof and the economy is really really stressful, so we'll give you a thousand bucks. All you need to do to give it away is we'll send you a gift. So Target of send us his gorgeous gift box. It's in front of me. I'm thirteen one O sixty five. You need to guess the gift, and you had some good guesses. You're pretty close this week.
Speaker 3: I don't think I was close at all. Mitch. No, well, I don't think I got I mean, we don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: Right, You're like you are on this high because you feel like you're the ultimate keeper of secrets.
Speaker 3: Can you show us the gift without showing us, like show us the sound. I'm just reaching out, give it a little shape.
Speaker 1: I am calm down.
Speaker 3: An elastic band slapping someone on the backside.
Speaker 1: Oh, Laura, did you just say an elastic band slapping someone on the backside.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's exactly what it is. I'm actually dry. I don't know what it is. So I'm hoping some call it gets it better than me.
Speaker 1: Madison, I'm thirteen, I six five for a thousand bucks? What is in the target gift box?
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 2: Everyone?
Speaker 5: So I my guest is going to be like a dinner set, like a dinnerware kind of package.
Speaker 3: What part of the dinner pack it makes that sound?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 5: Like shake it?
Speaker 1: Shake it? Absolutely right?
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, I think we're listening to a different thing.
Speaker 1: Hello, Jamie, I'm thirteen. I'm gonna get one more time. What is in the Target gift box for one thousand dollars?
Speaker 5: I think it's legos. You think it's I think it's Lego Lego clicking together.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm glad you were specific there.
Speaker 2: Oh Lego clicking together, Lego clicking together.
Speaker 3: I guess I don't play legos, so I can't fish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lego clicking together is what's in my box? You've got a thousand dollars. Oh my god, really, yes, it's amazing, guys, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: What are you gonna do with a thousand dollars from Target?
Speaker 5: We have three daughters another one on the way, so that has just made our Christmas. That is amazing, Jamie.
Speaker 4: You're so welcome and good luck with a new one coming along.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much for that.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: We'll get that out here. One thousand dollars Target gift card. From the decorations to the tree, to everything underneath it, from the first gift to the last guest when Christmas comes, Australia loves the Target all the way. It's actually one of my favorite like Christmas pastimes, going to Target and like buying the tinsel and all the wrapping paper for Chrissy.
Speaker 4: I thought you were going to say that one of your favorite pastimes was giving away a thousand dollars, because I quite enjoy that past.
Speaker 3: My favorite pastime.
Speaker 1: I've been in the industry for a while, So yeah, I've done. I've done. Not my first thousand dollars target gift card. All right, let's get out of here, guys. We've already played Santa. If you missed any of the show, we had a great ask Gun cut earlier. You can podcast it on the iHeartRadio app. Just search the pickup see tomorrow than see you, guys.