Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Meldon's Gold one oh four point three Live from Richmond, Gold one four point three HQs, Melbourne, Australia, broadcasting to the world.
Speaker 2: Are Christian, Please don't hurt me. I rely on my looks, my job.
Speaker 3: We cut the bag of cash down the middle for breakfast show.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't put it passed into hire a kangaroo suit.
Speaker 2: Now, Hey, good morning Christian O'Connor, brackforst show God one oh four point three, eight minutes past six. What a beautiful, glorious weekend. Amazing weekend. Did you both have great weekends? Good morning Jack Posts, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I took Lunar out on the weekend and found a whole new part of Coburg Parkland that I didn't know existed.
Speaker 2: Oh like Chronicles of Narnia when you're stous doorway.
Speaker 5: A little bit like that, because you know, you get used to your own parks and make so you sort of get used to your own spots and it gets less exciting. But now we've opened up this whole new world that is behind driving.
Speaker 2: And I met your dog Luna. Love that you love dogs, love fresh new sense they even stopped moving in different areas and then double back. Don't they pick up a cent? What's going on? What they found? Swim there?
Speaker 3: The weather was beautiful, we had a great weekend.
Speaker 2: Wait that talking. It floats all right, like a c tanker or something.
Speaker 4: She's looking good.
Speaker 5: My mum wasn't happy with the remarks you made about Luna as well last.
Speaker 2: Then oh right, taking the just get those in sizes chilled down, Patsy, how was your weekend? You got baby card back in the roost.
Speaker 6: Everything is good in the world again. She's back in her bed after being at camp for one night.
Speaker 2: It was a lovely weekend and she had a great time.
Speaker 6: She had the best time and has been on loop, has not stopped talking the entire week.
Speaker 2: Can I guess it's when prisoners get day release, isn't it, and they see what it's like on the outside. It'd be hot. She'd be trying to borrow her way back out now. Why she's got a taste the sweet freedom away from the old cult leaders, you and your husband, the where I we love God. She'd be tunneling her way out like Shawshank redemption. If she gets a poster of Raquel works in her bedroom. Be alarmed. Hey, Listen, had a great weekend and just a typical off, lovely, lovely weekend out the sunshine, doing nice stuff with the kids. It was just me and the kids. The missus was away, so we had a lovely weekend. And then just great news yesterday when one of my kids went, what's that great big stain on the ceiling? And I looked up and I saw the unmistaken with something dripping down under the other room, underneath the bath upstairs the kids use. It's bowing with water and all you see is kachin.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: I didn't speak for about ten seconds because I was like, oh God, that is a nightmare. And the stain of damn water was the length of the bath, and the first I went, oh. Then the first thing I said was eventually tell me that that tap isn't overflowing. Now, that's not an overflowing bath there is it? Get up there now, turn it off. It wasn't something. There's been some leak or something. Got to get a plumber out, called insurance company and I don't know what. Apparently this is an Australian thing where a lot of the bathrooms Now normally they have like an access panel under the bath, so if there's any leaking or any pipes that might be loose, you can quickly pull out a flap that it's no legal obligation here, but it isn't the UK because then you don't have to break open. It's like a tomb. Yet all the tiles straight where you've got to get retired. Just have a little luxie in there. No, even before there's a problem with the pipes and men in that damage from the tiles that someone's going to regrout and it isn't going to be me. So you know, when even this morning I woke up, I was like, hey it's Monday. Back to the show. Oh no, the stain, the ceiling, the bath tiles, oh you got or the admin are sword out with it.
Speaker 3: It's probably why they sold you the house.
Speaker 2: I'm just eyes now. And even the other week there was something going on. They starting to put it together. No wonder they were keen. We thought we got dinner the century.
Speaker 6: Then you've got to try and match the tiles up though, like if they have to she saw the mask.
Speaker 2: This was exactly what my wife said, or don't think that's the cost. And although she went and it is going to be a nightmare Chris to find that shade of brown. I went, maybe we don't go for brown. They went for brown. Who wants brown?
Speaker 3: And then you've got to retell the whole buff.
Speaker 2: Jack positive, I've come here to a positive reinforcement. It's not working anyway. I'm going to be working over Christmas, Christmas Day, Boxing Day to earn the money for it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I caught Jack Post doing something red handed Friday, So you know, I'll often say, I'm going downstairs a little coffee shop we have in the building, right, They laughter, I look guilty man, guilty feet have got no rhythm.
Speaker 3: I'd forgotten about this.
Speaker 2: I hadn't. I hadn't tod the kids about it Friday as well as they get to know the real Jackpost. So now I'll often say, pats, hey, List, I'm going down Does anyone want anything? And I also says anyone or any of those little snacks they did those there's just little snacks.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 2: So Jack did one of his rare runs on Friday, and he says, does anyone want anything, And a couple of us said yes please, And it was taking ages so much so that I'd done the meetings here and I was just hanging around to get this free drink. I thought, sodd, I got and buy myself one by trying his precious I went down there's a check he hadn't fallen over, because you know sometimes he slumps after a show, and I was wondering he might be down by a skirting board, so being tracked in by the people that live in the skirting boards. And I caught this. There's a little sneaky pete up to when he said, does anyone want anything? Right, he obviously did. He obviously had in mind that he wanted to get himself a snack. He was down there the drinks wall in front of him, in cup holders, right getting cold. He was tucking into a little snack for just Jack post none for us Jack.
Speaker 4: That is disgusting.
Speaker 2: He almost yelped right when he saw me here, he saw one else started giving you do you want anything.
Speaker 7: Hiding down here?
Speaker 2: Just don't have to pay for one little snack.
Speaker 3: You honestly came at the wrong time.
Speaker 8: For you.
Speaker 5: Yes, I had called ahead to get that bacon egg sandwich, and I knew the.
Speaker 4: Of it cooked breakfast nonetheless realized.
Speaker 2: It was that patch. I would have loved it. I didn't even know that was an offer.
Speaker 4: Can I just interject please?
Speaker 6: So I was here when he said, would you like a coffee, Pats, and I said, yes, thanks, And do you know what? Sue, the boss, was also in the room, and she said, you know what, Jack, take my company credit card?
Speaker 2: So God like down there, God your little scumback.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, The gesture was genuine. I was going to buy everybody coffees when Sue offered that gold when I've read it.
Speaker 2: Only for jackets young as well, who work on the show too. We do all like warm food on a Friday.
Speaker 5: And then when I came back and gave to the card and the receipt, I could tell that she was looking over the receipt because I didn't tell her I was getting back for.
Speaker 2: The rest of the eight person team at the time, only Jack's the only person that wants more.
Speaker 3: Hurried out, I said, all right, I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to go so.
Speaker 4: Wiping the baking lady.
Speaker 2: You are shocking a little. Yeah, dinner for one, but the drinks were in front of him getting you.
Speaker 5: Came honestly, while they were making the drinks is when I ate ninety percent of the sandwich and they put the drinks in front of me just as you were coming in the door.
Speaker 3: It was bad timing.
Speaker 4: That's the new loaf for you, Jack.
Speaker 2: It is bad since you know what in what are we shown number two hundred and eighty seven today? Still very early doors just to show number two hundred eighty seven. I've never been offered the boss's credit card when I've gone down in those How do you know she had one? I mean she keeps it pretty tightly hidden away. That's not she. I mean know she takes it down the track over the weekend of various candies. I didn't know she also used the company credit up for companies.
Speaker 3: She must have a good weekend, I say.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Ugly Kid Joe Cats in the Cradle.
Speaker 5: That song will always remind me of the cassette we owned of that song, And it was the first cassette that I learned you could put a little bit of tape over the square on the top side, so they record over with whatever they wanted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on the bottom of the tape, wasn't it right? They used to have the two little tabs you could SELLO tape over and you could record over the more same with video cassettes. Some of the little things you could break, yeah, and no one could tape over them. So that was the first one you learned that you could illegally hometape.
Speaker 5: And then whenever we wanted to take something new, we go, oh, we could use the ugly kid Joe tape again.
Speaker 3: Get that.
Speaker 2: That became the best use of it anyway, But a great sign. Mean here on Gold one oh four point three. Tell you what I always do, guys do this other weekend right, If you walk into a business or store or shop and they're playing the radio station, do you feel like saying to an owner, I thank you very much your support.
Speaker 3: No, I don't do not.
Speaker 2: To show to say thank you for listening to the station.
Speaker 4: I say, oh, you've got Gold on good station, isn't it.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was somewhere at the weekend right, and they had it on, and I was looking out for to see who was on because I was going to text them to say it. And I won't see if it was their high does a great shirt at the weekend? And then I heard that they were doing how many countdowns can this radio station do? They were doing a countdown? I mean every weekend this radio station is doing some sort of countdown. I think it was a countdown of the best countdowns done this and theras a grand final. We couldn't find out what was a countdown that just happened?
Speaker 3: Did you know there was a countdown? Someone will be able to text it inshore.
Speaker 2: It's a new feature on a Monday. What was a countdown? It just happened over the weekend. All right, let's go around the team now and as to tell us what one song sums up their weekend for Jackets This lady, Dan, do you know what the song's about?
Speaker 3: I thought it was about a lady in a red dress.
Speaker 2: He's paid cash to dance with it. So are you confessing something? Are we trying to get ahead of a story? It's going to be in the Herald's side tomorrow. I went dress shopping with my wives.
Speaker 10: What you called it?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was in the dress. When you say you discovered a new area of cobourg Oh, what are these red lights around here? Everyone's so friend. It's happened on the window offering me off from me all kinds of services. Why so, why is it lady in Red again?
Speaker 5: I went dress shopping with my wife for this weekend the radio awards are on.
Speaker 2: Of course she's going to be the lady in red.
Speaker 5: She'll be the lady in red. Actually, you end up getting a green dress. But there's no song about a green dress in a.
Speaker 2: Minute, So it's not the song that I just said ten minutes ago, the song that perfectly sums up your weekend, not almost sums up your weekend. And also the irony of you not understanding this idea. You're hopefully getting an award this weekend for Newcomer of the Year. I thought, she's got a red dress.
Speaker 3: Emerald, Emerald, se emeralds.
Speaker 4: How many hours, Jack, did it take?
Speaker 3: Well, this is the thing.
Speaker 5: I knew it was going to take a long time, So I said, why don't we go last thing on Sunday night? Imporium closed at seven pm? Did you rock six?
Speaker 2: So you're already short in the wind? I knew, so I knew that we could have built in deadline. I get taken out of midday when there's eight to nine hours ahead of you, and it's a beast of a job being taken with a lady go dress shopping because you could be going to five stores and the universal lawys, you'll go back to the first one then have that dress.
Speaker 5: And that's exactly we actually did that. The first one she tried on was so good. It was the Emerald sequence. It was so good, and I said, what, just let's get this because we know we can go to others and then just circle back here.
Speaker 3: We did it in twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: Wow, and you still had the Bosses company credit card. It's amazing. All right, we'll go through Pats and Eyes.
Speaker 1: Next the Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So we just served from Chapposts, which one song sums up his weekend perfectly in a kind of chat post way. We played lady in red even though his wife got a green dress.
Speaker 4: Well he is color blind, true?
Speaker 2: Yes, good yeah, good defense. All right, Patsy, let me play the song. Now, this is the one you requested you.
Speaker 4: No Sunshine when she's gone.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on twenty four hours down the road.
Speaker 6: Three days ago, big reunion, my alunion.
Speaker 2: They hadn't seen each other for eighteen hours.
Speaker 6: I was running up to her in the school yard.
Speaker 4: You're back with my arms out, very embarrassed.
Speaker 7: Gone, and this house, well, it's just.
Speaker 4: Not the same when they're not there.
Speaker 2: No, No, there's something missing, isn't there. Yes, it's too quiet. And then you're grumpy sometimes with the chaos of it, all the noise. Yes, and take that for granted. Then when when it's taken away, it would have been very quiet for you in the way.
Speaker 6: But you know what, I farewelled this little eight year old girl. And what who came back was this totally different independent You got their own kid.
Speaker 7: Back, little girl.
Speaker 2: No, it's a little Japanese girl. Say, is it r is it ruts? I said, we don't want one.
Speaker 7: No, I don't know.
Speaker 4: No, it's like she's grown up in two days. It's phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Two days. She's away for it.
Speaker 4: She's got this taste of independence for the first time.
Speaker 2: And that is the most important thing of all of it, isn't we're done for her and she's got a taste of.
Speaker 6: Freedom away from my grasp. But she's already talking about next year's camp.
Speaker 2: She can't wait about twenty five hours.
Speaker 4: It's two nights, not one.
Speaker 2: Have another minute of freedom around the yard, windows out of my bedroom.
Speaker 4: Money, stop it anyway, all it's good in my world. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Now have to feel the winding through the shell.
Speaker 4: All stops like Rapunzel in the High Towner.
Speaker 2: The song that sums up my weekend is this. So I came out of retirement Saturday. When I moved in last year, I thought, it's all his golf courses here. I might see if I can start to learn golf. And after five infeur eating lessons, I quit and went into retirement.
Speaker 3: And you didn't say you quit. You told me that there was a confliction.
Speaker 2: Threw away. I threw away the cheapy clubs I had and just was like, forget it. That is supposed to be a hobby. It's stressful, it's horrendous. Why do that? Why do that with your precious spare time. However, I've come back to I've forced myself out retirement. So I had a golf assessment on Friday, and the guy assessed me and went, Jesus, a lot of work to do here. That's fifty bucks of this assessment that't never come back and see me again. How are you even walking? Let swing a club around the place.
Speaker 3: So will he be the one? Will he be your new golf Well he works in.
Speaker 2: Like a gold store where you go in you have like an assessment and they can give you some advice. Who's actually really good. But I've got an actual lesson this week, and so i had to buy it. To go to this club that I'm going to to have a lesson this week, you have to turn up in the right attire. It's a very prestigious golf club and I'm not remember there, but there's a code they send you on the email with your book and just have a lesson there of the right trousers to wear the right length. No t shirts must have a collar. So I had to buy some golf slacks as well on Friday. Let me tell you now, golf slacks are the way forward. I'm going to take your mention. I've not experienced comfort like this really, so much so that yesterday I had to take one of the doors shop and to get some for school, and I wore my golf stocks. She was going, oh god, please, these are just you don't even need to know that I'm wearing them, but I need to be this comfortable they are. I'm going to take your measurements. I'm going to be interested that a month with your birthday, you're going to get an early birth. I'm going to buy you some golf slacks.
Speaker 4: Are they plaid?
Speaker 2: Like normally you wouldn't even know there were golf slacks, But what you would notice is, God, that guy's moving easily. How is he powering himself striding in these girl slacks? In my mind, I'm like John Travolta and that final scene wae just straightening on us. It is. They are beautiful. But anyway, the reason why I'm playing wires. So we go out, me and two buddies. We played nine holes on Saturday afternoon and there's an old around, beautiful sunny day. But sure enough, after the first the first hole went pretty well. I did six. You know, it's a path three, so being double oble when you learn that's not too bad. But gradually, as the three hours it took us because we were just hopeless. Have you seen these scratches on my arms? That's how well it went. You don't see tiger woods as in the innovating hole covered in bruises and scratches because he doesn't hit it into trees hedges. I spent a lot of time Saturday afternoon on a golf course in various hedges looking for the ball hitting hitting trees, wir they might be a snaky in bite me through my precious new slacks and go. I lost three balls either mate lost five balls as well, but we had a great after room. But I did keep saying to myself, why am I didn't doing this? Why have I come out of a tirement to do this again? But I am. I am that that is it now. I am not giving up this time. I'm going to try and become half decent at golf.
Speaker 3: Famous last word.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We're into week three this week in ten weeks of tickets where every single morning it's seven thirty, give you a chance to go and see the biggest shows in town. Last week it was all about Elton John. Yeah, so you know I'm not show amnesia, you know, churn them out next and no one here what we I said on the show last week, I've got I want to those line detector. That is the only thing I know. From like sixteen hours of waffling on the radio.
Speaker 5: I see I have had all weekend stuck in my head outon John out John Elton John.
Speaker 2: Well, this week we move on to you too, Joshua Tree taught live in a couple of weeks time.
Speaker 11: You too, for you too.
Speaker 2: Just to give your heads up, how are we going to do in this game all this week? Lines aren't opening for the U two tickets until half an hour's time, but we are going to be getting teams of you to play in two so it's you two versus you two for you too.
Speaker 7: You too, for you too.
Speaker 2: So it might be that you can't pull in with a work mate, someone on site with you or work already. You and the kids might want to play, But that's at seven thirty this morning. But before that, this is a big sad story, no people, A TV legend that gave the world Neighbors also prisoners, sons and daughters quite a track record. Reg Watson passed away over the weekend and Neighbors huge in the UK still massive now, five million people still watch it every single day, not as big as it used to be, but still massive hit in the UK. Do you know, I was looking at some facts yesterday when the news broke up about Reg Watson passing away. Just in twenty fourteen, twenty one million people in Australia and the UK still watching Neighbors huge. You know, everything's so fractured now and sort of broken up a mike, you don't really get a lot of TV shows that you all watch together. There have been over the years fifteen verse, thirty four deaths and forty one marriages. How many years it been going?
Speaker 3: Thirty five years?
Speaker 2: Nexty five years in the UK. In nineteen eighty eight, I remember watching this Scott and Charlene's wedding Jason Donovan and Carlie Mino. Twenty two million people watched it at the same time in the UK. You just don't get those kind of numbers for TV watch now twenty two million, And of course lots of careers of Kylie Meno, Jason Donovan, Guy Piss, Margot, Robie, Delta, Goodrum, Natalie and Brewley are load tomorrow as well. So we thought, because this is such a big TV show, did you both watch it or was it more of a hit in the UK for us. It was like a looking at what we thought life.
Speaker 4: I grew up. We fed it with yeah, me too, Yeah, loved it cult.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It used to be shown twice a day. You'd have the one thirty showing if you're off sick, and they'd be shown again at five thirty. And I even remember, you know, there wasn't a lot of other things to do. You didn't have mobile phones or distractions of the Internet. I remember I was off sick. I'd watched the one thirty and then watched the same episode ago. I was thinking out, yes, again, there really was a lack of other things. Watched the TV same episode again a couple of hours later. What a simple man, I'm kid. I was then all right, there someone And then we thought we'd do six degrees of Neighbors. What links you to the great TV show? It's an institution neighbors. Maybe you know someone or a family member or a distant family member that was in neighbors, whether it's a big part or a minor part, or someone who worked on neighbors or even we will accept people who have been on the Neighbors tour. I have. It's one that go two things to do when people come to Melbourne's go out there to no I warrant and go on the Neighbours tour. So, in fact, they gave me when they found out I was a supervan. I was actually out there for a meeting with the production company when they found out I was a tour I had my own tour from the exec producer of the show, and he gave me one the Ramsey Street signs that they'd used four years. Yeah, I'm still good at home. So all right, Jack, can you started as well? Then? So I've been on the tour. What's what's your six degrees of Neighbors?
Speaker 5: Yes, when I was younger, played basketball with a guy named Tom. His older brother Kielin was in forty eight episodes of Neighbors. His name was Luca docketch Iro'm just bringing up his profile now to remind me of what his character did. And he had a relationship with his stepsister that he didn't know was his stepsister at the time.
Speaker 2: Jack has put his finger up in the air as I say, don't start any shenanigans. He didn't know at the time. Neighbors wouldn't do that to us. Okay, Patsy, what's your six degrees of neighbors?
Speaker 6: Well, I used to work with a girl at Nova who works on the actual show Theya. And also, of course my boss in Sydney, Deb Clay.
Speaker 4: Her husband, Christian, that's right.
Speaker 2: We've spoken to him, was on the show.
Speaker 4: It was I forget who his character was too. Isn't that all I.
Speaker 2: Opened last week? It's parts because she's your boy? All right? What's your six degrees of neighbors? Nine four one four one four three Give us a call.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We're talking about a TV institution of great neighbors. Also, if you're talking about neighbors, it's got to go into a Hall of fame for that iconic title sequence at the beginning as well. You know Sopranos is in as well. But that neighbors, I can almost see all of it in the close there and all the diving characters coming at big Gym and Paul, the twins.
Speaker 3: And a great thing song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, brilliant, brilliant one. So when even six degrees of neighbors? What links you to neighbors? And six degrees nine four one four one o four three Scott's on the line. Good morning, Scotty, Christian, how are you going? I'm good mate. I he had a great weekend, Scott. What is your six degrees to Neighbors?
Speaker 8: Well, I went to school with with a girl who writes for it and has been writing for it for thirty five years or for the whole time, and I at the time, well, I know she mustn't have been for the whole time, because I was addicted to it at the time of watching it. I've watched it ever since I was twelve and I still watch it. My mum's best friend's son also right for it, and I have been an extra on Neighbors a few times. So I was actually sitting at the bar drinking the fake beer and thinking, oh god, she ends up getting together with him? How does that happen? Ruined my whole next three or four months of watching Nabe.
Speaker 2: So you would have been out there to have of wander around as funny when you go and see like Lassitus, isn't.
Speaker 8: It it is? It's so strange, and you know, and even where they go outside. It really ruined it for me that as well, because I realized that they don't really go outside they're just hiding in a you know that when they look like they're going outside, they're just going into a a place where you're high.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that lake that looks huge on the TV show, it's like a little fish pond out the front. There isn't it better? Going on that tour.
Speaker 8: And you go into you know what's his name, doctor Carl's out and he just didn't it.
Speaker 2: Now, it might be similar anges them, because I think I was twelve or thirteen when it if it started thirty five years ago, and I remember all the different episodes. I think some of the ones that stick out stick out of my mind. Do you remember the bit where Paul Robinson played by Stephan Dallas, had a kind of breakdown. He was trying to sell Lassiter's the hotel complex to some foreign Asian investors. I think there were Chinese, mister Ouda Gower. Do you remember all that?
Speaker 8: Do you remember that? And I'm not sure I remember what happened with that. Paul has been such a like, you know, he's he's just he's an extraordinary character.
Speaker 2: End.
Speaker 8: You know, he's he's evil and yet he's cool and he's and you know, he's he's he was one of the first ones, so he's kind of has that sense of innocence you know him from when he was a kid.
Speaker 2: Do you know, Scott, I read yesterday Paul Robinson's character has been married four times in it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well did you say the most recent thing? You probably didn't. But they had the like they had like a Scrooge almost thing where all the ghosts of his wives came back.
Speaker 2: High concepts.
Speaker 8: They had an episode like you guys should be onto this, but they had an episode where they had all the wives coming back.
Speaker 2: I'm going to have to watch this today from.
Speaker 8: Thirty years ago, ten years ago, twenty years ago.
Speaker 2: Right, this sounds like a really bad chick flick, doesn't it.
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 2: I think Matthew McConaughey was in the movie, wasn't he with exes come back to waunt him? Who directed that? And I guess director Christopher Nolan. I'm going to go on, I'm going to have to see this episode whether you get the ghosts of the ex wives of Paul Robinson came back. Scott, We're going to send yourself to this great call about navy. Thank you very much, Thank you so much. Have a good day. Bye. How funny is that? Kevin? Good morning, Good morning Christian. I'm good mate. So were your six degrees of neighbors? What have you got for us?
Speaker 12: It was about twenty two years ago, and went to a house party in gamble Well friend of her friend and ended up meeting Hannah from Neighbors and made out with her.
Speaker 2: That's some claim to favor. That is some kay.
Speaker 13: I know, I know, I love it.
Speaker 12: I've told the story a few times.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Do you guys remember Hannah. I'm just looking her up.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to remember Hannah.
Speaker 3: Hannah Martin?
Speaker 2: Was that in?
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: You hold up your laptop chat. Who was Hannah Martin?
Speaker 3: What do you I can't really remember.
Speaker 2: She found a tiny thumb now he's showed me there. I don't know what anyway, Kevin, it's a very good six degrees of neighbors, Okay, Jeer, I don't think we'll have anyone else calling. So they've made out with the cast members, all right, we'll take some more calls next nine four one for one oh four three? Your six degrees of Neighbors?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So we start this two weeks ago, ten weeks of tickets. During the next ten weeks, well eight weeks left on it. Then every single day it's seven thirty big tickets for the best shows in town. Last week it was all about Elton John. This week is all about you two, one of the world's greatest rock and roll bands coming with their Joshua Tree Tour live to Marvel Stadium in November. And you can win your way there every single day this week with us at seven thirty.
Speaker 3: Unders today and I am nothing against you.
Speaker 10: Too, anticipation of what's about to happen. Where am I rock room? You two, Christi Cocons.
Speaker 2: Two weeks of tickets, you two, Joshua Tree, one of the greatest rock and roll albums ever, and you two fans. I know some of the songs we just featured are not on that album, but get this. I even went online. I found the set list for the tour. They are they do do those songs live? I'm that much of a YouTube nor I don't want to get it right. So this week this is what we're gonna try and do. We're gonna do a bit differently normally when we do ticket giveaways. It's you come on, you play, you win, you lose. That's how it works. This week. We're looking because it's you two, we're looking for you to play in two's. That's how quick the brainstorming session was. And we were out the door. Why way standing longer on brainstorming? It was a nice day Friday, you too, You say, we'll get them to play YouTube versus you two and YouTube for you too. So if you find someone next to you or near you can be a stranger at the bus stop, can they help me try and win you two tickets. We're gonna lign a load of you up in What would the plural be of you two's? Just you two's? We need a collective phrase. What is a collective phrase of a load of you two's? That's it? You too two ease two east. You know they light on a Monday morning. I think we're giving away that beer. It's you two tickets, not two weeks, all right? Call up impairs then to try and win the YouTube tickets. It's you two for you two taking on YouTube. Does that make sense? Yes?
Speaker 3: With you two questions?
Speaker 2: Yes for you two for you two against you two with you two questions for you two calling now you two nine four one O four three, good luck. The lines are open The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 8: I understand.
Speaker 3: I am nothing against YouTube.
Speaker 10: Anticipation of what's about to happen.
Speaker 2: Where am I right?
Speaker 10: Group?
Speaker 7: You news you.
Speaker 2: O'Connell's two weeks of JS YouTube. Okay, we're into week three, ten weeks of tickets. Last week elm John before back Queen with Adam Lambert all this week of seven thirty you two tickets. How we're going to play this or attempt to play this? Maybe we're too ambitious last week, didn't realize it'd be Monday morning. Suddenly we're trying to work it out. Too many moving parts? Or will this work? Can be a roaring success? You will find out util the next two minutes. Okay, So we've got a load of you lined up playing in pairs, you two taking on YouTube, asking you to answering YouTube questions. As soon as you get a winner, you've won the tickets. If not, we move on to the next you too. Makes sense, we're all good in the studio. Should we give it a go. Let's speak to the first you two all right online one we should have Jackie and Patsy, good morning, good money, love it, good ladies? Where abouts in Melbourne? Are you and metal right? Your mountain lies are beautiful lovely out there? Okay? And are you both you two fans? Big you? Two fans?
Speaker 13: I am?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So hang on which one is a big U? Two fans? That Jackie or pats for me? Exactly? You've got to play together as a team. So I'm do is. I'm going to ask you a YouTube question in the moment. Then you two can talk amongst each other so we can hear it. You get five seconds and then you've got to give me an answer. Does that makes sense? Right? Okay? You ready to You're like guinea pigs. We don't even know. To be fair, ladies, we should have tried this out last week. We don't even know if this is going to work, so thank you for even trying this. Okay, all right, okay, good luck, let's do it. You nervous jack I am. I don't know why I was reading out questions. All right, Jackie and Patsy? Are you ready? Yes? All right?
Speaker 10: You two?
Speaker 2: Here is your you two question in five seconds. You've got five seconds to work out the names all four band members of you two. Who are the four band members of you two? Your time starts now?
Speaker 9: Okay, well the fir one is fun us.
Speaker 2: Times. Let me give you another five seconds. Okay, four band members in you two? Thank god, it's not a bigger band, all right, yo, Adam Adam? Okay, so ladies, we need answer out. The four band members of you two.
Speaker 9: Are Adamson, Larry Mallon and.
Speaker 2: And you're almost there. I think it's Timah, Ladies, we gotta go. Sorry, you two are not winning the YouTube tickets fer it's Bono the Edge, Adam and Larry. You're almost there, all right, thanks for tying. Thank you all right, have a good week. Thank you very much to Joe. Yeah, a little bit of team tact tictol. There has tag real talk going to be fast. Okay, So well now who we got here? Joe and Kelly Anne morning morning okay, so big U two fans a pair of you. Yes, we are right. So you just heard how they got on. Joe, you were right. You've got to be really fastenings. Five seconds is going to go very quickly. Are you ready for your question?
Speaker 10: Yep?
Speaker 2: Okay, your YouTube question for the you two tickets you two in? Which year was you two formed?
Speaker 11: He was nineteen?
Speaker 2: All right, time is up. In what year was you two formed? What is your answer?
Speaker 9: I think six.
Speaker 13: Seventy six?
Speaker 2: Nineteen seventy six. You think you two were formed in nineteen seventy six?
Speaker 5: You two for you two?
Speaker 2: Is that fine answer?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 8: Yep?
Speaker 2: Well wow, obviously Joe's team tactics they are taught there during the interval.
Speaker 11: We were in the car.
Speaker 2: Hopefully you actually pulled over when you do that. But yeah, you won a you two tickets going see they do the Joshua Tree Live Marvel Stadium. Ten wiks of tickets. Well played, Joe and Kelly out tell you what we do. You know, we tried some of these questions out last week and I'm a big you two fan, but I didn't think it was seventy six. You did really well. You deserve your tickets.
Speaker 13: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: All right, have a great week and enjoy you too, you too? Is this back tomorrow?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, it is definitely The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three right now, this is exciting looking forward to playing out the final piece really of what we did last week on the show. Last week on the show. Then we're all a kind of support network for Patsy and her husband christ where we love God. Their little daughter, Ordie, who's eight, went away Thursday night, her first ever night away school camp and was away for twenty four hours. And of course any parent that's been through this for the first time, it's agonized and suddenly time goes very slowly and Pet Pats and Chris they did their radio diaries for.
Speaker 6: Us, so eight hours in counting now since she went to camp.
Speaker 4: The silence in the.
Speaker 6: House is absolutely deafening.
Speaker 4: I can't stand it. It is so quiet.
Speaker 2: It's like Tommy Lee Jones and the Fugitive, you know, when they lose one from the Big House, you know they want to bring them back in.
Speaker 15: It's one o'clock and I can't sleep, tossing and turning, wondering if she's warm enough in it sleeping bag.
Speaker 2: We got her inside as well, in a puffer jackets the bag underneath the radiator. I hope she's warm enough at twenty eight degrees. I'm trying to rebuild a womb for her. I just hope something that lizards living with snakes? What's a little Silari? Yeah, no, no, no, what's going on with you? Another game for next week's tell me's the tickets a lock? Anyway? We also heard from Chris, Chris the Wrob We Love God. He was struggling to just put old mate on the bus, waved and blew some kisses.
Speaker 16: Another mother came up and asked me for I was all right, she'd probably see I was looking a bit for clemt beca.
Speaker 2: It's a great word, too emotional for words.
Speaker 6: Just walking the door and usually I get the hey dadda, and I ask her about how a day was, but she's not here.
Speaker 2: All I've got to look at the stupid dog. So he's got there. Well, it's bedtime for the girls now.
Speaker 6: Normally I tuck them both in and give them a kiss, and then I do the cell block walk and make sure the whole house in.
Speaker 2: Camp tonight for the girls. Now, what I thought I'd really like to hear today was actually, how did Audie find it? Okay, because that's the really big thing here. How did she get on? And let's find out for an eight year old already. Now, this is our secret public diary on the first day.
Speaker 14: So after the walk, we got split up into groups, and I went in the Survivor game and I got lost with the rest of the people playing the game. So we couldn't find our way back to home base. So the silly boys they blowed the whistle when it was just for an emergency, and then one of the teachers came and asked, why did you blow the whistle, and then the boys explained it, and then we found our way back to home base.
Speaker 2: Your daughter's got a lovely, lovely voice. What a great funny storyteller. She's as well, obviously from Chris that's love.
Speaker 14: On the Thursday night, we didn't sleep. We just partied, so we took our torches and then we just danced the whole night, and nobody in our cabin got.
Speaker 2: Sleep, just danced the whole night. But the night wild Time's it on this camp.
Speaker 14: On the Thursday night, the teachers had to come in and tell us to go to sleep twice, so we just faked sleeping when.
Speaker 2: That happened, I remember doing that. So isn't that great that this is one of them? She's brilliant.
Speaker 14: In the cabino on Thursday night, one of our friends did a big juicy fun so we had to open the window.
Speaker 2: And again that rude is creeping into so I have to play that one.
Speaker 14: Again in the cabino Thursday night, one of our friends did a big juicy fun so we had to open the window.
Speaker 2: Adie, thank you very much. That's brilliant.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: It's just another miss Heard Monday.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell's miss herd Lyrics. Time for misshard Monday. This is where you send us? Are you miss her lyrics? So the last seven days we go through them. If we agreed that we're miss hearing it like you do, if there's no way we hear what you think you're hearing. And for the hallowed few, they get inducted Hall of Favor. As always you're do it. In two parts, Part one, we go through Big John's top five. Let's have a listen to these. First of all, we go back to the eighties. Kim Carnes and Betty Davis Eyes. Hencey knows Tess wannip ted and she knows just what it takes to make a pro blush or is it, and she knows just what it takes to make a crow blush. Hence he knows tas wannip teds, I hear crow blush?
Speaker 3: Go again?
Speaker 2: Yep, well one more time we're listening out for and she knows just what it takes to make a crow blush.
Speaker 7: Hence he knows.
Speaker 4: It's not there for me, but if you guys, definitely there for me.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 2: Now we go into the Osmond's love me for a reason all over the place today, the Osmond's love me for a reason of lovely to stresses? Or is it I love Winter's dresses?
Speaker 3: Flu, that's better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is there, flu line Richie all night long. Now this is definitely there. Come join our party, line, Richie says. Or is it come join our potty? There we go, We've lined up the sites. Come join our potty. Yes you can have that one big job, Desmond Decker. The Israelites arm Israelite? Or is it or my ears are a lights? It is definitely our hundred percent. My ears are a light. Yes, very good, big job, all right? Coming up next down we go through all the ones. It's a bump edition as well. You've been sending during the last seven days here on Gold one four point three Stay where Us? Part two of Monday miss heid lyrics on the way.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Time of Part two of this It's just another miss hood man Christian O'Connor misheard lyrics. Do you hear any that you want to send him? For this? Every Monday morning we put it to the jury workout is it a misheard lyric? Email me? We love getting your emails Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot au. All right, let's go through the ones and you've been sending it up. First we go to this classic alphaville Forever Young. We don't have the power, but we never say never. Now, this comes from Sarah in Langwaran and I'm not sure that there's a problem with the radio reception, but maybe you guys can hear what she I've listened to this so many times on the weekend and I want it to be true. We don't know where she's coming from, sorry Sarah Lowe, but she thinks it's don't have a cow, but we never say never. No, I'm not there, Sarah, and it's not just that it's not there. I don't think we've had more of a wild miss. Is that one of the biggest says we've ever had. Sorry, Sarah, thank you for trying and get a new radio maybe who we got here? This comes from Dennis in Grove Down, Michael Jackson, Billy Jean. But the kid is not my son? Or is it? But the Cheddar's not my son? That is a great one. But the Cheddar's not my son. I'm sorry, but that goes straight in for me. Dennis big d with a Hall of Famer there. This comes from Jeff who is a podcast listener on the iHeart radio platform, Living on a Prayer Bond Jovi and again, I don't know if there's a problem with the iHeart platform over in the UK, but he apparently is hearing pigeon on a chair on a chair? Can we all hear pigeon on a chair?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: No, come on, all right, let's go to Jack Smith in Geelong. This classic from in Excess. This is more like it. You missed afy me? Or is it you missed a fine meal.
Speaker 8: For me?
Speaker 7: Fabority access.
Speaker 2: Let's hear it again, you missed a fine meal? Slap up dinner we had. Yes, it's very good. Thank you Jack Smith in Geelong. This is Jennifer Lopez from the nineties. You remember this one. If you had my love this comes from Bradley. And if somehow you knew that your love would be untrue, would you lie to me? Or is it? And if somehow you knew your love would be a small shrew, would you lie to me? Small woodland animal? The shrew?
Speaker 3: All bad radio reception?
Speaker 2: Sorry? And then what are we about?
Speaker 17: This one told me you better go back to your bars, your temples, your massage parlors.
Speaker 2: All right, so it's supposed to be so you better go back to your temples, your massage parlors. Or is it your massage koalas.
Speaker 17: So you better go back to your bars, your temples, your massage parlors.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, your massage koalas trained in the fine art of massage with those eucalyptosy claws to me, better go back to your.
Speaker 17: Bars, your temples, your massage parlors.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'd like that one erin Thank you very much, all right, thanks for those as always. Email address your Monday morning, Miss hurd Lyrics is Christian at Gold one four three dot Com dot Au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Shoe, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We've been talking about Neighbors today, no people, because the original creator of the great Show, Australia's longest running sitcom, Reg Watson Saday, passed away over the weekend. Prober TV genius gave the world Neighbors, Prisoners, Sons and Daughters. But I guess it's this show that will be best known for still big in this day, Jack worked out earlier on the show. How many years old is it?
Speaker 3: Thirty five years Australia's longest running drama.
Speaker 2: An estimate to twenty one million people here in Australia and in the UK still watched Neighbors as recently as twenty fourteen. That's the same as the Team where it's shown at at one o'clock in the afternoon. In the UK five million people still watch it, five million every single day at one o'clock. Obviously huge in the eighties and nineties when it started. Scott and Charlene, Jason Donovan and Collimano's wedding in November nineteen eighty eight, Jim and watching that Pats I do oh it was huge.
Speaker 4: I wanted that dress. I nearly got that dress for my debutante ball that she was did you really I tried it on. I wanted it that bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I still remember it. Nineteen eighty eight. November nineteen eighty eight. Does that make you Fielder? Watched by twenty two million people just in the UK. Huge show, so many great actors and actresses just recently course Margot Robbie. You know, I've come through it over the years as well. So today we're trying to do six degrees of Neighbors.
Speaker 3: So that's more than one third of the population at the time watching that.
Speaker 2: Just the kind of numbers we get for a royal wedding. It's around that now and it's very very rare that everyone gathers around the TV to watch something. Here you be for the Grand Final and the race that stops the nation. But in terms of just a TV show that wasn't a sport or a big event, not that pretty amazing back in the day.
Speaker 3: And it's the closest Australia we'll get to having a royal wedding true.
Speaker 2: Actually, so today we're looking for your six degrees of Neighbors. We've been asking for your six degrees of Neighbors, your stories, what links you to the show. We had a great caller earlier.
Speaker 8: I went to school with a girl who writes for it and has been writing for it for thirty five years. My mum's best friend's son also writes for it, and I have been an extra on Neighbors a few times. So it was actually sitting at the bar drinking a fake beer and thinking, oh God, she ends up getting together over him. How does that happen?
Speaker 2: Scott at serious knew so much about Neighbors as well, including my favorite character of Paul Robinson favorite story nine when he tried to sell lassiters to a Japanese consortium and mister Ude Gower. Anyway, what are your six degrees to the great TV show Neighbors nine four one oh four three? So we'll take some more calls next the Christian.
Speaker 1: O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We're talking about Neighbors today after Reg Watson, the original creator of the show, sadly passed away of the weekend. But we're getting all these great stories from you guys in six Degrees of Neighbors. Hey, good one. It's you, miss Dean Frankston. I work with Ian Smith aka Harold Bishop from neighbors at Telstrap Burward about twenty years ago as well, obviously before he became a Harold Bishop at. So many great actors have come through Telstra Burward, Marco, Robbie, Go Pierce, they all got their break there. Paul's on the line. Good morning, Paul, good morning question. I'm good mate, welcome to the show. Tell us your six degrees of neighbors mate.
Speaker 11: I used to work back in ninety seven, ninety eight. I used to work for a company that used to sit lines and window furnishings and stuff. And I was sent over to an address over in elston Wick and had Ian Smith on the paperwork on his name and put two and two together. I've got there and I've parked in the driveway and he's out the front do and runs up and down his front lawn now on the lawn with an old terry tail bucket the head on the track, so I didn't even recognize him. I've just sort of waved and walked in and the wise let me end I've set the blind and stuff, and she's ordered there's sort of droopy hanging festoon looking blind on this day window and shouldered like deect Burg and do you collor. And at the end of the job, she said, I'll just call my husband to come in and have a look at them. And when he's walked in, I've looked at him and I've gone Harold.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 11: He smiled and gone, ay Ian Smith. Actually when he's day boised it up and he's walked in the room and he's gone, oh god, it looked like a French brothel.
Speaker 2: And what's that the look that they were going for.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm not too sure, but who the wife loved it, but they thought it looked like a French brothel. I was surprised on how many pictures were hanging around the walls of his stage shows and all that.
Speaker 2: I love all this detail. And here's me in run for your trouserst theater.
Speaker 8: Again.
Speaker 11: It was a very last friend we got. We got out of the stock of the window.
Speaker 2: And you know what I love. I mean, all these many years ago that happened, but you still remember a deep burgundy the color that still still stands out. Not burgundy, but a deep burgundy that's brilliant. I love that Paul cool. All right, Paul, brilliant story, well told. Thanks for going us to call mate. You have a great week.
Speaker 11: Thank you you too.
Speaker 2: All Right, we've got some on the line now. Is actually in it for a year? Is this Brett? Hello, Brett, welcome to the show. We're doing six Degrees of Neighbors today. So you were in the show what's your what's your full name?
Speaker 13: My full name is Brett Swain And I was in the show probably a bit. I think it was about two o four to five for about ten months to a year, and we came on as the came on to play the husband too. And you won't mind me mentioning a name, nel Pheney who played Janelle, who was the Bogan mum as the kids, and we were the whole Bogan family.
Speaker 2: You were really rough, Sorry, you were like really rough. I remember. Were you like Kim was it Kim Timmins.
Speaker 13: Or that's the one Kim Simmons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big old sort of hair and mullets. They were like, really were you cast that way? Did you walk in? They were like, oh, we don't need to change your hair. You look a bit.
Speaker 3: It was two thousand and four and you had a mullet.
Speaker 13: There was there was no mullet. I never had a muther because I just had the short cropped here. But but I came into sort of the bogan surfer guy who comes in and tries to reconnect with the children, with the kids and so forth, and the kids are all bit pretty bogan ish and all the rest of us. So we came, we came on and as I say, Nell's character was a wonderful character called Janelle. And then I came on and you know, played the played the dad and but looking that was a lot of fun.
Speaker 8: We we had.
Speaker 2: Had you been in it before, yeah, I guy, right, though, I remember one of the saddest thing as a young fan. And if I'm getting it's right, it's early nineties. You're not the guy that killed Kerry Bishop.
Speaker 13: Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: It's just for me, the saddest thing Kerry Bishop got shot by.
Speaker 11: That's right.
Speaker 2: Was it a duck Hunter?
Speaker 13: Yeah, we'll she was going out you That was me.
Speaker 2: I remember crying at that episode. Get him off the lines to duck hunter killer.
Speaker 13: Sorry about that, buddy.
Speaker 2: What year was that do you think, Brett?
Speaker 13: I think that that was about ninety one. I think that was one of the first gigs I got when I came back from the Gold Coast and I started the audition. That was one of the first gigs I got. And I just got that entergryp Right, you're playing this statue and you've got to kill off one of the main characters when she Yeah, good on you. I've got to shoot off one of the main characters. People are going to hate it.
Speaker 2: I did I want It was a heartbreaking storyline that I remember that Wow, that was you.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 13: So the idea was that she going out to to protect the wildlife and we shut it down the Marshes dew and jewel and where that should And you know, I took a pup shot at her and the.
Speaker 2: Show and then they took you back in. It's like you've been away and served your time somewhere at Telstra Birwood, and then it came back as a different, different character.
Speaker 13: And you know, the funniest thing is mate, when I came on the show as Kim Timmins, and I've been on the show the first ever because they shoot about three months of a day by the time I got on air. The first time I was in it, the whole internet lit up on the neighbor's website about we know who he is. They didn't want to believe me to someone else. I but no, mate, you're the guy that killed off Bloody carry Mangle. You know what.
Speaker 2: That's amazing that you've been witness protection and then you changed your name. He's a bogan now, amazing stuff. I've just jumped on Brett, lovely talk to you. I've just jumps on Wikipedia to set to see what else you do. Were you in Crackerjack as well? You got quite some CV. Were you in cracker Chat with Mick?
Speaker 8: Yes, yes I did. I was.
Speaker 13: I was the greenkeeper. I was a guy growing the marijuana. You can sort of see where my roles go.
Speaker 2: Yes, Hey, Brett, brillant, cool, brilliant cool mate. Thank you so much for calling. These are great stories.
Speaker 13: I'm very sorry to hear about the part and rich.
Speaker 2: Yeah, amazing show. All right, Brett, thank you very much calling anytime nobody to chat. You have a good week, mate, absolute pleasure.
Speaker 13: You do the same, folks.
Speaker 1: Thanks the Christian who Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Trying to cram in a few more calls with your six Degrees of Neighbors After the sad passing of a TV legend of the Weekend, Reg Watson, who created the show thirty five years ago along with Prisoner and Sons and Daughters, we're doing six Degrees of Neighbors already calling on online eleven, which was a secret hotline. Huggy, the legend of mid Morning's here at gold We're going to speak to him for the next half an hour, has actually called in. He has the six Degrees of Neighbors on the line right now. Is Heather? Good morning, Heather, Good morning, Christian. All right, Heather, welcome to the show. He had a great weekend. What is your six Degrees of Neighbors? My dog was.
Speaker 9: Harvey, who was the Scully dog for ten years on Neighbors.
Speaker 2: What a great claim to fame because obviously there were some great dogs in there. There was bouncer which I believe it was Helen and Jim's dog, and then there was obviously Harvey.
Speaker 9: Yes exactly, and it was great fun.
Speaker 2: That's your dog?
Speaker 9: Yes, oh well it was. He's unfortunately now gone up to Doggie Heaven.
Speaker 2: Yep. And that isn't a Neighbors spin off show by the way we should just going out, so watch that.
Speaker 3: They we did find out earlier in the show they did a ghost episode.
Speaker 2: Is there with all the other ghost dogs and TV shows like Lassie and Littless Hobo. And so how did your dog Harvey get the GI Did he have to go an audition? He did?
Speaker 9: Yeah, my husband and I thought he was a good looking dog. So we went through at that time, went through the Yellow Pages, not Google, and the Animal Actors Company and went and had did a couple of ads with Christine, and then Animal Actors got the contract to provide all of the animals for neighbors. So Christine had to swap over Bob, the little white Scottish terrier, and swap over Dahl for another galar. But they needed a new dog for the Scully family, and so Harvey went in and he had an audition, and he was terrified of the boom MIC's overhead and the huge, big cameras, but they loved him. He looked good. He had you know, pointy years, dark brown and white, so he should have stood up on camera.
Speaker 2: Better than makeup. They sounded like a makeup chat. Get a little trim with the no, no.
Speaker 3: What do you do Heather, when you drop Harvey off, do you hang around set and talk.
Speaker 9: The act to make him do what he had to do on screen?
Speaker 2: Ah, so you're just behind the camera or something going.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So when they would when they'd rehearse a scene, if there wasn't a requirement for Harvey within the scene, like often there would be a line and they would tell Harvey to get out of the way. You know, someone would walk out and Harvey's in the way, so they say, oh, you know, come on, Harvey, get off the floor sort of thing. But because he would then understand that.
Speaker 2: That's what, Hey, how Bishop get off the floor? I stop dragging your backside across the floors exactly.
Speaker 9: So as soon as they would say action, Harvey would get up and move, So they had to use a different word, so they'd go polly woffle so the actor would be able to walk in, walk up to Harvey, tell him to move again, and then you'd have to next time if something happened and they had to redo the scene again, they had to use another word for action because that Harvey knew what the word meant. Someone's going to come in and tell me to move, So I'm going to move.
Speaker 2: Now ten years with that what an ordeal I was writer on they're watching that show, I'd be straight and write that dog out of it. Tomorrow's episode he's getting flat by truck.
Speaker 3: And shows who wants to kill Harvey?
Speaker 2: You know who is sick and all that stuff. He's lying on the floor. He's lost in showbies.
Speaker 9: So whenever there was a scene that Harvey had nothing to do with, if I saw a bit of floor in the movement of the camera when they were doing the rehearsals, I go was okay. Because there was lots of directors. I'd accident directors of okay if I put Harvey over there on the floor and to be fine. And then so they just like in a move just so he could get on television.
Speaker 3: Did he get paid per screen time or just a daily rate?
Speaker 2: A daily rate?
Speaker 8: And what was it?
Speaker 2: Came? I ask how much did he get?
Speaker 9: He was on two hundred and eighty dollars a day.
Speaker 2: Double what I get here? Funny, I need that animal agent.
Speaker 3: He could easily line on the floor.
Speaker 2: Joined the songs often and then ask our springs alive and go gold four point three? Oh hey that this has been such a great call. We're so lucky to get you to called in today. Stayed on the line. We'll take your details and send you something. Thank you for all of this. Okay, hey, our pleasure. Have a great week.
Speaker 1: Thank you mate, Thank you you two The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Time for today? Is that worth time waster? We've got some prizes as well for are the best one we get you in the next ten minutes, zombieland two Double Chap. We've got tickets here to go and see that. Today is National Dessert Day. I don't call it dessert. I'm not Posh's pudding. Did you call it pudding?
Speaker 3: No, that's it for us, pudding.
Speaker 5: It just means like your chocolate pudding like you would say dessert, yeah, or sweets sweet?
Speaker 2: All right, okay, anyways, National Dessert Day today, and they're we're looking for your dessert bands are.
Speaker 3: I just don't have many as all, but they could.
Speaker 2: I've got a few punk fans out there, Less than Cake. I know you're a fan of Less than Job. Listen, Jake black Forest, Sabbath, Tom Petty Fas, Thank you, Mega Death by Cheesecake and Flan Morrison. All right, what have you got for dessert bands? Modest bless you?
Speaker 3: Modest mouse?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah for modest mouse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, funnier when I didn't choke on it. Shannon Canoley, Ah, I was trying to think can one.
Speaker 5: Crosby Stills in ganesh oh very good plus and Kakey Perry.
Speaker 2: You had two goals there, two aces? All right, what have you got them for dessert bands? Text him in an O four seventy five three one O four three. It's the outward time waster on a Christian O'Connor breakfast show. Will mark them in ten minutes time oh four seventy five three one oh four three, Thank you The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Twenty minutes bas nine. Today is that word time waste. It is National Dessert Day, so we're looking for your dessert man's bond jelly silver plus wibble wobble wibble wobble jelly on a plate. I mean's just have you ever sung that in a moment of abandoned and happiness?
Speaker 3: When's the last time you had jelly? I missed jelly.
Speaker 2: I used to love eating it raw out the packet.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's just sugar Christie to school in a little package.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just eat that.
Speaker 2: I never liked the actual stuff in there. You put it in the fridge, didn't you. Yeah, and then you'd open the fridge ten seconds later.
Speaker 4: Or junket. Did you have junket?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, so we just have bon jelly do we ye trifle sixty five?
Speaker 3: Oh interesting, Ben, I'm blue?
Speaker 2: What a terrible song now playing on Fox Gold Simply Red Velvet silver, Thank you, Gavin Fleetwood, macaroonon Silvil plus vanea ice Cream Silver, Sticky Bun Direction Gold, Well Done, luc and Nooser, Alicia Key, Lime Pie, Silver, Jelly, Fotado gold, Well and Ash the West, garbur and Rosebud, Florentine in the Machine Silver Ever plus, Fido Collins Silver, Banana Rama Split Silver plus, Kate Krocon Bush Gold, Pete in Abbersford Very Smart Macaron five gold, Elton Scorne Gold, Gone Flangeran Silver, Pearl, Jam Donut silver, Earthwind and Fudge Gold, Guns and Roses Chocolates Silver Pearl jam Tart silver plus cenebond Jovi. What's that centnebond Jovi Silver and Panacotta at the Disco God Gold plus great finish. They get the tickets, Yeah, all right, you get the Zombielan two double tap tickets. Well down everyone, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: On the show with us now is Huggy. Huggy called in earlier when a load of you were calling in the lines all jammed. We had no idea. We get so many great stories today we were just talking to about Huggy, you know, with Harvey the Dog, then them as Brett. It was in the show for a year, all coming together talk about neighbors in six Degrees of Neighbors because over the weekend the original creator Reg Watson passed away and he still gives us a great TV show and huge in England, massive here as well. I didn't realize Huggy was calling him because you've got some stories about neighbors.
Speaker 16: Well, I really called him because I can never win time WI.
Speaker 2: So we've actually a winner down because there are a lot of neighbours stories that Huggy has. We've actually try and winning down to a top three.
Speaker 16: Actually this isn't part of my top three, but My daughter's actually her first day tomorrow is an extra on Neighbors.
Speaker 2: What does she do? You know what she's seen?
Speaker 16: Well, she's going to be in the cafe and I'd hosted a gig with Rob Mills, who's on the show the other night, and he said, tell her to eat the muffins.
Speaker 2: They're beautiful. Don't drink the coffee, eat the muffins.
Speaker 10: That's great.
Speaker 2: So is he's your daughter? Want to go into acting? Yeah?
Speaker 16: Yeah, she's done bits and pieces here and there, but tomorrow is like the first big one. She's been in the background of sebads and stuff. All Right, we have to all watch because it won't be on for another six months. I think they worked six months or something like that. All right, Huggy top three Neighbors Stories.
Speaker 2: What have you got for us?
Speaker 16: Okay, So years ago I used to work on New Faces, which was made at Channel ten, and one night I snuck into the Neighbors set. I noticed there was a whole heap of stickers on a fridge on one of the houses, and they were pretty generic Australia wide ones. But I snuck in there and put a gold one O four sticker on the fridge and it'd stayed there for about six years. So every time the fridge was open, we got this free plug.
Speaker 2: Do you know what? We got to bring back car stickers, you know, and get people try and put them in great places. Ye, okay.
Speaker 16: So my daughter number two, my daughter, as I said, is on tomorrow, but she's actually it's not the first time she's been on the show because my niece was a set dresser and she on neighbors and she had to dress a teenage room. So she got some photos of my kids and put them on the bedroom wall on the pinboard. So they were there for about five years as well.
Speaker 2: So that's amazing. But my big one, this is the one. This is my number one.
Speaker 16: So back in the day, I used to do under eighteen discos and we would do them at proper nightclubs, right, So you'd go there, do an hour, go to the next one, and my girlfriend would always come with me, and so we'd go to Zagami's and out there in Mitcham and I would do an hour with Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan. I was the designated driver, so they'd hop in the back of the Gemini.
Speaker 2: Right, I'd get.
Speaker 16: You were like that uber driving kind of get in the front with my girlfriend and off we'd go. But I was sworn to secrecy because they were starting their relationship and they would be, you know, having a little kiss, so Cardle holding hands and stuff, and I wasn't allowed to tell anyone. So we'd go from Zagami's, we drive over to the Chevron Hotel. We do an hour there back into the Gemini. So year would this have been, Ah, look, this would have been eighty five, eighty seven something around that, around that that period.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's helloc You were their driver for a while for a night.
Speaker 16: Well it wasn't the driver. I was hosting the disco, Huggy, come on you. It was pretty high tech then too, guys, because didn't have a manager. It was like I would pull the gig and they would be there and we just sort of became friends. And yes, so I would drive from here to there and everywhere.
Speaker 2: Do you know what we need to turn this a feature six Degrees of Huggy because I am still whenever I think of you seriously, because you've been around for so long in your legend, the Tom Cruise story, we could do a whole show on that that we do it on once as well as well. Hug it your back it till I've got someone thing. Thank you very much for your stories.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for listening. We could have done today's entire show and beyond with your neighbours six Degrees of Separation. Thank you so much for all the emails that are still coming in, calls that we've haven't got time for anymore. We've run out of them. There are a couple of things today that have been kicked out that might make it onto five Topic Tuesday as well. So many amazing stories today about neighbors. Would have to come back to this at some point. What are we going to go for a title of today's show? So much stuff has been kicked up. I've got obviously Polly Waffle, after the Dog with the Agent Harvey an hour and a half ago, Massage Koalas and French Brothel.
Speaker 3: Well, we can't put French brothel as a title on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh and suddenly you have standards. Your daughter said big juicy fart on today's show. Here we have that a life hard and gift yeah, I can get that. We can get here it is. This is a little eight year old Audie, Patsy's beautiful daughter giving us her a diary from her first ever night away at camp.
Speaker 14: In the cabin on Thursday night, one of our friends did a big juicy fun so we had to open the window.
Speaker 2: She loved it. Now they're funny than that, all right? Tell her Today show is Massage cool as we are back tomorrow morning five to be Tuesday and YouTube tickets At seven point thirty. Huggy is on the way. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three