Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: We had a great call from Mary who had a famous neighbor.
Speaker 1: My house was on the news because I was an neighbor of Chopper read. I just walked into my front room and saw Chopper and Mark Jacko Jackson, who was his best man, wearing kilts, having a smoke on my front baranda. So there was footage of my house with me looking confused in the window and Chopper and Jacob What loo can for.
Speaker 2: Your weakest claim to neighbor eat fame? Jack You any significant neighbors over the years.
Speaker 3: Yes, young singer songwriter from Australia, Angie mcmahton, Triple J Lover her parents live.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, okay, we're retaking a couple of steps back from Triple J.
Speaker 3: Her parents leave over the back fence and two doors down from the.
Speaker 2: Jack A chess Moove. Olympic gold medalist Steve Hooker moved into my road about eight months ago and he had a street party and all I knew was he was a new neighbor. I didn't know who he was. And he's wearing a baseball cat right, He's with his dog and We're just chatting and he's talking about the radio show and he's I think he knows the boys Hamish Nandy. So we're just having a chat. And then I started to say, what are you doing? He does something to do with housing at the moment, and then he said, you know, I used to be an athlete. I'm not aware this is an Olympic medalist. Okay, so just give me the benefit of the down here. I go, okay, right, lot a decent level, like for the state, and he goes, he must have been killing him, right, some idiotic pom you've got. If I had a gold medal, I'd wear that around everywhere. Okay, I'd have it on permanent. It's a necklace, just an a dormum. He goes, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, a little bit better on that. I went, oh, what like national? I was like, well done, that's it wrong. He goes, actually, no, I went to the Olympics and I went, oh, did you win anything? He goes, yeah, a gold actually yeah, I went ten minutes. I'm inflaming around here. Why do you say who you are? He goes, well, I just didn't want to do a big flex. So now whenever I share a go, Hey, Steve god Medalist, how are you neighbor? So? All right, so we're looking for your weakest claim to neighbor leave fame. This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. All right, we're doing the weakest claim to fame. It's a special version of weakest claim to fame of famous neighbors that you've lived near. I was about to saying, next all, we're indeed near to like Jack? Which was was it across the back fence and four down dark fencing?
Speaker 3: Two down Joe down.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Singing songwriter Andrew McMahon's parents.
Speaker 2: All right, just quickly go to lines Lara, welcome to the show. So famous neighbors, who have you lived near?
Speaker 1: It was actually Greg Norman's caddy in the seventies.
Speaker 2: Brilliant, love it. This is great next door right next door?
Speaker 1: And I was actually playing out the front in the morning and he was coming to pick Greg Norman came to pick him up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Actually think it'd be the other way around.
Speaker 2: Yes, I thought that'd be the candies job.
Speaker 1: No, No, it was him.
Speaker 2: That's incredible.
Speaker 1: Okay, how are you.
Speaker 2: Who do you live next to?
Speaker 1: Them?
Speaker 2: Who's famous? Yeah?
Speaker 1: My very right next door was Michael wend an Olympic champion. He was nineteen sixty eight, seventy two Olympics. Yeah, he's a swimmer, and he taught all my brothers to swim, and they're brilliant swimmers. And got to me, the youngest of the family, and he goes, nah, nah, just stick the dog paddling. You're no good. Ah. He said, if there was an Olympic sport for dog paddling, you'd win. But I just couldn't put my face under the water and swim.
Speaker 2: And can he swim? Now?
Speaker 1: I no? Not really, not the best.
Speaker 3: And was Michael Winner's job a swim teacher or are you just asking for favors as a next door neighbor.
Speaker 1: Oh, definitely favors. Yeah, he had this nice he was only renting there and he had this nice above ground pools and yeah, he tried to teach us all to swim and I failed.
Speaker 2: Image of like everyone in suburbs, like coming around to his house permanently just queuing up for swim. He never wanted to be given.
Speaker 1: Well, there was five of us.
Speaker 3: We all queered up.
Speaker 2: Yes, doggie, thank you very much, you Cola, thank you Claire, Welcome to the show, Claire, welcome, Thank you. Yes, back in the late nineties, I used to live next door to Jamie Jury. Nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were really good friends. We used to something together.
Speaker 2: Those kind of friends with some oil on my back, Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I used to look after his garden because he was always a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and yeah he came to our wedding.
Speaker 1: I used to look after his daughter tailor now.
Speaker 2: And then, and yeah, they were the good old days.
Speaker 3: Used to get free free back backstage passes to his comforts, and yeah, had lots of fun living next door to him. So was he excuse my ignorance for Jamie Jury? Before he was a television presenter, he was a singer. What worries concerts?
Speaker 2: I do you what I know? Magic Mike, Magic Michael.
Speaker 3: I thought he was just a good looking TV he is Vegas and everything.
Speaker 2: Well, one day he wrapped up at my front door and he wanted some sugar, and all he had around him was a towel. That's the oldest one in the book. He's having having a cup of tea. Which is it? Jamie Jury on the doorsteps Christian O'Connell Show Podcast