Speaker 1: Is it just posted by a couple of minches?
Speaker 2: Yea, God brace yourself for the rude shocks of young adults.
Speaker 3: Would you rather sit on a cake and eat a dick or sit on a dick and eat a cake? Sit on a dick and eat a cake? Absolutely, if you sit on the cake, you ruin it. Do you think I'd ever waste a cake by.
Speaker 1: Sit No, Julie and Mitchell coups, how are you?
Speaker 3: I like you.
Speaker 2: I feel a bit bad that we had a fat joke that you made at your own expense in that show opener there because your other co host, good old Britt Hockley, love her, Yea, was just leaving going from one show.
Speaker 4: To the other for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was just leaving the pick up and you made a fat joke and she goes, I don't, Mitch, don't make those sorts of jokes at your expense. And I'm sitting here going, I think that's hilarious when you make fat jokes.
Speaker 3: I think it's great. Two very different types of Well. I noticed it because I go to make self deprecating jokes all the time. It's kind of my thing. And the girl's Britain Laura do the pick up with hate it, but yeah, I love it. You thrive for that. I love them too.
Speaker 2: It's like I love it, like as long as they're not stemming from a place of actual insecurity, which I don't think they are.
Speaker 3: In your case, I know they are. No, No, I find them funny, to be honest. You're just like, oh, there's gear in this. Well, the joke was very funny because Britt and I this weekend heading to the Gold Coast. I haven't even told you about this.
Speaker 4: Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: No. No, we're shooting a pilot for a show that we're since when well, Brett is good friends with Rebel Wilson. It's a very very convoluted story. I studied acting and BRIT's like, oh, I'm writing this series. And I was like, oh, you know, I studied acting, and she's like, oh my god, I'll cast you. So we audish you now. And then we like co wrote the full series. She only had one episode. He co wrote it. Yeah, we wrote the from episode one episode six. Their mini episodes is christ I had any of this was happening. And then where the pilot's being picked up by a production company. So we're shooting it on the Gold Coast over the four days Friday, Sunday, Sunday.
Speaker 2: Oh right, because you mentioned to me I'm off to Queen's End for a couple of days. We'll have to move out recording. I didn't know it was for that.
Speaker 3: I know it is.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yes, So we have rehearsals and it's God, it's a lot anyway. So that's me this weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, I'm on the GC. It's going to be raining all weekend. Great Gold Coast weather.
Speaker 2: All those years in and out of LA they've finally come in Handy's when you thought you'd let your acting skills go to waste.
Speaker 3: I didn't really think I'd be shooting in Brisbane, though, I really did think that potentially i'd be in Beverly Hills in Brisbane's now we're staying in the Gold Coast and we're commuting to the Fortitude Valley.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, why the fuck just stay in Brisbane.
Speaker 3: There's a sound stage in the Fortitude Valley I could call. I don't know. Brittaey organized it, so I'm just just going along within it. Many I like to follow. If someone organized it, I'll go.
Speaker 2: It's Fortitude Valley its own town, or think the center of Brisbane City where all the gay clubs are?
Speaker 3: Is that what? I don't know?
Speaker 4: That's what I thought. Fortitude Valley, Well.
Speaker 2: The valley I was on, Fortitude Valley is packed with nightlife, offering everything from dive bars.
Speaker 4: That's where all the gay bars are.
Speaker 3: Oh fantastic.
Speaker 2: So why the fucking it is saying Brisbane? I don't know anyway, it's not up to me. It's none of my business.
Speaker 3: And then the plan is, once we get that pilot, we sell it to streaming platforms and all that stuff. Yeah right, okay, but you know I don't I didn't want to talk about it because ninety percent of the time these things don't get picked.
Speaker 4: Up, not with that attitude.
Speaker 3: That's true. It's got to get picked up. Yeah, good for you. I like me very hard to be picked up. There we go again, that Jake speaking of Ossie shows. You and I have both been obsessed with that Class of O seven on Amazon Prime.
Speaker 4: Oh you did like it. You didn't tell me what you thought.
Speaker 3: I told you you have to watch it, and I loved it. You tell me to watch it, and I was like, oh, I don't know. Amazon Prime isn't my go to put it on? And then I got like four episodes in in the first couple rounds. I was hooked.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's a brand new show, like you said, called Class of O seven.
Speaker 4: And you might notice our third wheel price Kip Jannery is not here today.
Speaker 2: Fear not, I've got a guest third wheel coming in. I just happened to be mates.
Speaker 3: It's one of the lead.
Speaker 2: Cast members from Class of O seven, Emma Horn. She plays Renee in the show.
Speaker 3: I love her TikTok though aside from her acting work, Emmahn's great online. I don't know if I.
Speaker 2: Should say this when she's here, but I didn't know she was an actress. Oh really yeah, I've known her for years some friend, I am.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, and your friends, Yeah you don't know.
Speaker 2: I I say, you need to realize you were an actor because, like usually with actors, you know they're an actor because they fucking tell Yeah, they fucking let you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah we do.
Speaker 2: There's no way of not knowing, true, but we decided to know it here. I thought she just made silly little tiktoks like me. No, she's a superstar.
Speaker 4: Ah, she has an actual skill.
Speaker 3: She is so funny, so we won't ruin it for you. But Class of seven. Essentially it's a school reunion or girls school reunion. Yeah, at the end of the world seemingly happens and the world floods.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's exactly what happens.
Speaker 2: They're all at their school reunion, which is at the highest point of this mountain. Yeah, and then the apocalypse happens, which is a huge flood, and so they're all stuck up there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like all these group of bitches who hate each other and so funny. Yeah, and really really good.
Speaker 3: And this character is that girl who comes back to a high school reunion and lies about what she does for work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she wants to sound more impressive. We can talk about this when AA get you.
Speaker 3: But I am fangirling because I'm so excited to have her on Price Keeper Jenna for the third week in a row. They say bad things come in threes. That's true.
Speaker 2: She has COVID for the first time, and someone was joking in our Facebook group, Oh, what's the excuse going to be this time? She's going to miss another week and it's going to be the most madic excuse, And they were right. She has COVID finally, I can't believe she's only just gotten it the first time.
Speaker 3: Well that's what I said, like it was this your first time? And she said, oh dear house break in COVID.
Speaker 2: Yeah, last week, last week it was an intrusion. Yes, and now here we are she's got COVID.
Speaker 3: Poor thing. She'll be okay, hopefully back next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll see she because next week's now last week before we take a little break for atra. True, so it'd be nice to have it back for the last week for now, not the last week ever.
Speaker 3: Listen if it is your first time listening, is it just me? Every week Mitch and I start the show the exact same way with something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate. Mitch has no idea what mine is. I don't know Mitch's. We surprise each other, so you know when you have a wedding anniversary and you go, I don't want to give just surprise me.
Speaker 2: I do like the surprise factor, not going to lie. And they're going to be about MacDonald's again this week, for you know, because even Hayden mentioned it. Hayden was liked a lot of macus content coming on the podcast and they could be moving.
Speaker 4: Wait wait, wait did he actually listen?
Speaker 3: Now he saw the socials.
Speaker 2: I think he might be a secret listener because I didn't even post a video from the macis thing you did last week?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you didn't.
Speaker 4: Is Hayden secretly supportive for once? Wow?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 3: I was beautifully shocked. I've been doing my night radio show live from Australian Idol and I've said to Hayden, come along because we've got a full set. They've built a night show style, late night talk show set. It's amazing. She was there, it's really cool. And then he said to me, out of the blue, I'd love to come. And I was like, it's been for five years. In the early days, he'd come at keys and he'd come to winter they had you.
Speaker 4: Been dropping hints like do you want to come? Do you want to come? For weeks on end? And he just had no interest.
Speaker 2: But also it's kind of like that's what I do, and you want to show off.
Speaker 3: I wanted to show off and go look how good good friend I am with Megan Trader and Kyle Sandelin, you know.
Speaker 2: But and it worked because they all came in and not your skills. You just wanted to flex about your friends.
Speaker 3: Yes, my friend. Anyway, he loved it and it was great, and but to that point he made the effort that after he's like, I'm so glad I came. It was so good to see you in your own Actually, it's nice after five You don't get those new moments very often.
Speaker 4: No, you don't, do you not that i'd known.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, you're right, but you'd be you know, you get not there now? Eight months? What is it?
Speaker 2: Eight? Yeah, nearly nine months. Yeah, so that doesn't really compare to five years, but not at all.
Speaker 3: All Right, let's start the show.
Speaker 4: Do you want to do your isig's me first?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's jump in, kick it up.
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: Can you break a lease based on shitty neighbors?
Speaker 4: Oh no, don't tell me. You've only this moved into your place.
Speaker 3: That's more of a question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know you hate your neighbors already.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I need your help it in a judgment because I've made a snap judgment and I hate them, and I don't know if I'm in the right, if I'm in the wrong, and I don't know if there's a cooling off period in leases.
Speaker 2: I don't think they do have approbation when it comes to signing a lease.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: This is why I'm worried. I filmed this before I left this morning to come to the station to do the show. This is me at my back door with the doors closed closed. This is what I hear when I work up this morning. Our neighbors learning to play the clarinet. Keyword learning Jesus CHRISTO. She's learning to play the clarinet. Oh, that's kind of sweet. Do you know how old she is? She's an adult, that's what makes it work.
Speaker 4: How old?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: I think she's the same ages are. She's got a nice boyfriend. I'd say twenty five, twenty six.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's kind of sweet though that she's, you know, not late in life, but she's certainly not a child. And she goes, yeah, I'm going to learn a new skill bargarette nap.
Speaker 3: I'm really off it.
Speaker 4: It would get annoying. How often does that happen?
Speaker 3: Every morning? At the crack of dawn? She does it after nine, so she's she's polite.
Speaker 4: Thought, after nine that's still quite early.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I don't get up until like nine thirty ten.
Speaker 2: When is the ideal time to practice your clarinet? Though someone's going to hear it either way, I.
Speaker 3: Know, but I just feel you she should have warned us because we met her that when we moved in on the moving in day. We were out the front and she said, Hi, I'm you know I won't do sir, And she didn't say that she played the flute.
Speaker 4: She want we just are is it a fluta or clarinet?
Speaker 3: I think I don't know. It's definitely a clarinet. Sorry, yeah, I flood. I could deal with it. That's a light airy instrument.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't want to shit canner efforts.
Speaker 2: But she sounds like she's at a very beginner level, like she's just mastering scales at this point.
Speaker 3: That's why that's why she's doing chopsticks.
Speaker 2: Hopefully she's got the same commitment as you do when you get a new instrument, and she would just be like, nah, fuck this, I'm not an expert instantly, so I'm giving up. Hopefully she's got that trait. But also I kind of think it's sweet. I'm like, oh, good for you, because I have a similar issue. One of my neighbors in my apartment is practicing violin a lot.
Speaker 3: That's beautiful instrument. Well is it?
Speaker 2: They're not bad at it, I will say as a form of violinist myself, I'm a bit pitchy bar but that's all right.
Speaker 3: Only you can tell the yes.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: But no, that doesn't bother me too much because it doesn't happen that often. If anything, I'm like, she doesn't practice this week, she's not going to pass her next exam.
Speaker 3: She's not going to get to grade three. No, I'm not going to get a black belt in Well, I had to think because I told Hayden and he's like, you know, you say, up until the crack of dawn, trying to learn the theremon and the banjo, put headphones in them in the Yeah, but I didn't want to. No, oh you played the theremin out loud? Of course I did. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, but that's a little bit different. You've got volume dials on it, don't you. I do have what did you absolutely blasted?
Speaker 3: I didn't blast it?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, yeah, that's fine. The banjo, I don't think that has that's not going to travel much. But like this clarinet's a fucking horn. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The Banjo lasted for only about a week. The theoremone I committed to for a month and I had to breath DJ stint.
Speaker 2: So I didn't even know about the DJ and I sold them.
Speaker 3: I was so embarrassed. I sold them on Marketplace. So what my DJ decks? Oh did I tell you that I bought DJ decks?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, speaking of your Facebook marketplace habits. Yes, I've walked into your house swarming party on the weekend. Oh hat, And I knew exactly what had happened. There's this big photo booth Barbie box, like a life sized Barbie box that people can get in and get photos. Yeah, it looked like they're the Barbie in the packaging.
Speaker 3: It was the housewarming Hayden's twenty seventh birthday, and it was Barbie Bream House themed.
Speaker 2: And I turned to Sem when we rapped and I said, I bet you any fucking money that she rebought that box on Marketplace. And then they decided on the theme after the fact, They're like, oh, we've got the box that we'll make the theme Barbie theened.
Speaker 4: It wasn't the other way around.
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, we found the box on Marketplace scrolling trying to find a new couch, and then I'm like, hey, dadmig.
Speaker 2: WoT a firm If he changed his mind and goes no, I want the thing to be something beginning with this, and then you're stuck with a fucking Barbi box.
Speaker 3: I would have painted it. I would have done whatever we needed to do. You know, I wanted it to be Noutra grain theme painted brown, and that's the Noutra grain box.
Speaker 2: Also, all the photos that your guests were getting in the Barbie box, you didn't think to move the hose like that?
Speaker 3: Really? Oh, I know the hose in the background now because we wanted to put it outside. It's hard.
Speaker 4: It was hard anyway.
Speaker 2: Maybe you can just write that there's a clarinet for sale on Marketplace and put her address in.
Speaker 3: And they're like, hello, I'm here for the Clarinata's genius clarinet for sale, barely used, wasn't any good? So quit really, you know, digging the knife and then put her home addressing should be so confused. You guys know what the fuck I'm keeping it? You know I do that whenever I book uber eads or whatever, I book a taxi or an uber, I put my neighbor's address. That's way in case they hate us or we say something, they come back to kill us. They kill my neighbors, Why would what I've done that for years?
Speaker 4: Do they just leave it on the patio and I just walk around and get it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I say, why would they hate you? If you're not actually talking to them? Why would they hate you? How are you worried about hate crime?
Speaker 3: What if I'm in an uberan and hated and I passionately kiss and then he goes, I'm going to kill those two poofters and he comes back at one am and he kills us.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a bit sad that you've got that much force on it about hate crime.
Speaker 3: That says a lot about me, more about me than it does anyone else. Yeah, I've never ever once thought that I always make reservations under a fake name too, Why in case we get murdered.
Speaker 4: At the restaurant. But what difference does that make?
Speaker 3: No, it's a safety because you're dead either way. If I'm choking on my spring roll, Yeah, they're gonna go help James, help him.
Speaker 2: If there's some sort of gumman in the restaurant. Changing your name doesn't really save you.
Speaker 3: I don't know where I got it.
Speaker 4: I don't understand that.
Speaker 3: Logict it for years.
Speaker 2: God, you're a bit paranoid. I'm surprised that you weren't anti vax.
Speaker 3: I think I stop it. That is skewing very conspiracy.
Speaker 4: That behavior. I never give the restaurants to my name.
Speaker 3: You never know a sort of cure. Yeah, sorry, guys. Well, I learn more and more about you every episode. To God an actor, and I'm a conspiracy that's God. All right, shall you do your origin?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 4: I'm ready?
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Is the idea of staying in an airbnb while the host is home a fucking nightmare too?
Speaker 3: Oh no, I've done this, So yeah, you can. You can either rent out like a whole place, or just a room in someone's actual dwelling, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like their spare room.
Speaker 2: Like sometimes it might be it's their house and they live in the main house, but they airbemb out the granny flat and they don't even talk to you. Really they respect your privacy. But then sometimes you can actually just stay in someone's house.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I can't think of anything worse.
Speaker 3: So this happened to Hayna and I when we went to Disneyland. All Hayden wanted to stay out was at the Disneyland hotel. You know they've fancy Disneyland. It's part of it. Why I know that Disneyland has a hotel in the park themed like Mickey Room and Snoopy Room and all that bullshit, and it's like a thousand dollars a night, and I'm like, we were poor. Well, no, no, We're going to stay at an airbnb in aneh home around the corner. So we booked a room in someone's house and when we knocked on the door, we had to say hello to them. They let us in and on the spare room door there was a Bible verse. Oh shit, and it was Corinthians.
Speaker 4: That's where you should have given them a fake name.
Speaker 3: I know, I know. And then Corinthians is I think famously the marriage quote and then about a man and a woman. And then we go in and in the room is all religious artifacts.
Speaker 2: Fuck was the host giving you weird look through anything you worked in with your same sex gay factor?
Speaker 3: Here guys, oh, just the two of you, no worries, okay, shit, two brothers traveling together. That's nice. Now they didn't, but.
Speaker 2: They're clearly different races, right, different fathers, worries.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, we were yeah, biracial and game and then there were board games. Hayden, let's play a board game. And the board game that they had was Bible. The board game what do you have to stop Jesus?
Speaker 4: On the third day you get out of jail free? Like, and how does it work?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's exactly how it works. We didn't end up playing sadly.
Speaker 2: Okay, well you're not helping this situation because I'm about to say it in an airbnb. Yeah, what's for the first time with the other person home, I'm just in their house.
Speaker 3: Where are you going to watch this for? Oh?
Speaker 2: Because my parents are going to see Rod Stewart down the South Coast. And they said, oh, why don't you and Sean come down and see us on that night? Oh that's we can, you know, catch up on whatever. And I was like, sweet, turns out every man and his dog must be seeing Rod Stewart on the South Coast because I could not get a hotel room.
Speaker 3: So it's booked out. Yes, I found all these gorgeous hotels.
Speaker 2: But then once I put our dates in that we're actually going nat Sary booked out, So yes, I'll be saying with Rosemary and her two beautiful rag doll cat Cindy and Theodore, oh beautiful, and her border collie bow.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, what a full house that'll be.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I can't think of anything because she's going to be down there if we go down to make a coffee morning, yeah, like wanting to sit with us. That's what I'm picturing. Is going to be the case. Sean will have no issue. He's a people person. He'll be chatty.
Speaker 4: But I love especial nightmare.
Speaker 3: You think you'll have sex that night because you're away. The juices are flowing when you're on holiday.
Speaker 2: I can't with rose me and the cats and dog like that's a bit off. Possibly, No, you feel so uncomfortable. And look at the place. It looks very like your photos. Yeah, like the floral bedspread and everything. It looks like some old ladies fare room.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh my god, Oh my god. It's a lot of beige. Is it the house is an apartment? No, it's her house. Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Listen to this.
Speaker 2: She's written about herself in third person. It says, Rosemy will be happy to.
Speaker 3: Greet you on arrival.
Speaker 2: She's very bubbly and accommodating. Rose loves having visitors and sharing stories. Okay, so she's basically put it out there from the get go. Yeah, I'm chatty. Yes, she has welcome to my house. We're friends.
Speaker 3: Now, hold on, can you read the reviews from other people that have stayed there? Oh the fuck?
Speaker 4: I haven't even thought of that.
Speaker 3: Because now, say, Rosemary wouldn't shut up, Rosemary didn't let me get a breath in.
Speaker 2: Hold on once again, a very friendly and comfortable say with Rosemary.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this person's oh great, More and more and more, I.
Speaker 2: Really enjoyed, and I'm grateful for my time in Rosemary's home. These people seem to be vibing home. Maybe I just need to I'm going to go in with an open mind. I'm going to try and enjoy Rosemary's hospitality. Okay, it's happening in the next couple of weeks, So once we're back from our little east break, I'll be able to let you know how my stay at Rosemary's went.
Speaker 3: Yeah, give us an update. My night at Rosemary's an autobiography.
Speaker 2: God, if there's a Bible on the door, I swear to fuck, I swear to fuck. Is it just me?
Speaker 1: That's enough of these two? Look now let's hear and is it just you?
Speaker 3: All right? Emma Horn from class of seven? He's just outside the studio. She joined us.
Speaker 4: She's gonna jump in a sect. But let's take a.
Speaker 3: Quick call first, Yeah, little is it just you? Don't forget? If you haven't? Is it just me of your own? We call them misag just use. You can also get on the show. You can join our Facebook group in during idiot send us a message there a couple of mitches, or they can send us a text.
Speaker 4: Oh for one two seven one two o nine two.
Speaker 3: That's right. We got Shan joining us. Hello, Shan, welcome. You're in Townsville.
Speaker 6: Hi, yes I am.
Speaker 2: Oh gorgeous mitches heading up to Queensland. How's the weather?
Speaker 6: Yeah, look it's a big change. I've just moved from Darwin, so it's a bit chilly here for me.
Speaker 2: But I god, I've never heard anyone describe Queensland as chilly reilly?
Speaker 3: I ever, Sha, you got an? Is it just you?
Speaker 6: I sure do?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, Well Bradley, or can't you in and then hit us with your question? Okay?
Speaker 6: Okay, perfect, Is it just me, I'll break up one of the worst things to go through.
Speaker 3: Oh I can imagine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh ze Shan, don't tell me if it's free.
Speaker 6: It literally happened maybe Tuesday last week.
Speaker 3: Oh, Jehan, sorry here. How long were you in a relationship for who was? Who were they? So?
Speaker 6: I was in a relationship with a guy in Darwin for two years. Built her fam we're building a family. We were doing the whole house thing, We had a life, everything, and then one day he just turns around and he goes, Yep, that's it.
Speaker 3: What did you have kids?
Speaker 2: That happened literally last week. He just turned around and said that's.
Speaker 6: It pretty much, and he didn't even bother to talk to me one on one. He did it at a pub.
Speaker 2: No, at a pub in front of everyone where they could see your reaction.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that was not.
Speaker 3: Did you get a whiff that something was up? Like, yeah, is a pub your usual thing? Or was he awkward of the whole week before?
Speaker 6: No, So the pubs like our usual thing, like it's just our local. And he was a bit off with me just randomly that day, which was is not normally like him. And then we went out and he pretty much said that we're done, and I have not heard from him since.
Speaker 4: Oh that's fucking brutal.
Speaker 2: And so there was no riding on the wall whatsoever. That you were completely caught off guard.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not that I not that I know of What was his reasoning?
Speaker 3: Did he say he had fallen out of love? Sorry? This is very fresh for you. God right, I'm getting emotional. I go a frog in my throat.
Speaker 6: Don't worry.
Speaker 3: What can we just say before the details? You said, you're sounding beautiful, young girl. You don't need anyone in your life, just so you know, you really don't. You don't need someone to be fully fulfilled. And I think this is a blessing in disguise. But let's get into nitty gritty. What was his pisce week excuse?
Speaker 6: He didn't give me one?
Speaker 2: Ah, I'm putting myself in your shoes, and I'm getting so pissed off.
Speaker 4: Do you know you live together, right?
Speaker 6: Yeah? We lived together for a year.
Speaker 4: And so where the fuck is he now?
Speaker 6: In the house. He pretty much said to me, he's like leave pretty much. I packed my stuff and go to my family in Townsville. Right to day, I packed all of my stuff, and I got off the lease and I filled my car as much as I could, and I drove all the way from Darwin to Townsville by myself.
Speaker 3: No, he with you. He doesn't get to set the rule.
Speaker 2: That's a drive from Darwin to Townsville.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it took me four days.
Speaker 3: Fucking hell. Oh my god. So what about all your shit?
Speaker 6: You took all your stuff, So I pretty much just filled my car with as much stuff that I could and I just started driving.
Speaker 2: You're more patient than I am, because when I said, I'm putting myself in your shoes and I'm getting pissed off. If he gave me no explanation of excuse, I'd be banging on his door, going, Oi dog, Yeah, come out of your coward You need to fucking nut this out and actually give me a legitimate reason. Otherwise I'm going to drive myself insane.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm so sorry for you, Sean.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's okay. I don't know. I guess it must be just a straight man coping mechanism.
Speaker 3: But that's disgusting. And how long were you together? All up?
Speaker 6: Two years?
Speaker 3: I didn't know.
Speaker 2: How you did that with that asking any questions. I would have been like, no, I'm refusing to leave until we actually talk about this properly, so I've got.
Speaker 4: Some sort of clarity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what did you say at the pub? Did you go? You know you need to tell me.
Speaker 6: I tried. I tried. I did the till we talk, let's talk things out, and he just got up and stormed away. And then he said that he packed a bag and he's going to go stay at a mate. And then I just never heard from him until the next morning, and he was like, can you get off the lease? I was like, oh what, I fucking grab a man.
Speaker 3: That is disgusting. I'm so sorry, Shan.
Speaker 6: Thank you, It's okay, but it's just yeah, break up of shit.
Speaker 4: They're not fun, especially one like that. That sounds brutal.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, Diamond in the rougher, you know a bit of positivity. At least you get to be the winner here, like you get to say, you know, like, I'm not he fucking left, it's all him. Then you get all the sympathy. That's great, do I he.
Speaker 6: Gets the house, he gets everything?
Speaker 3: Right, that is true? Did you get the Schnitzer? At least the pub? Did you get to eat if you wait until after meal service.
Speaker 6: No, he didn't even wait.
Speaker 3: That's the worst part.
Speaker 2: Look, we cannot really offer much by way of support or solutions. All we can really do is offer to get petty revenge. If you want us to make a prank call to him, we can do that.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, oh my god, I reckon he slip his bloody burgers go nuts.
Speaker 4: I can take it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can take it. You know who can take it? Dot Wiggans can take it. She'll forget completely that she made the call. So if you want Dot to place a call and say that he's perhaps laid on some car repayments, or that he was photographed, what's something that's believable?
Speaker 6: Probably the cast up.
Speaker 3: Do you want us to do it? We need your consent that way you're not feeling.
Speaker 6: Maybe not, Maybe let's just slee that.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, leave it for the time being. It's a good call. Is he the bald side on your Instagram? I'm still thinking it now. Is that him had it? Is he the bald bastard on your instagram?
Speaker 6: Bast on Instagram?
Speaker 3: I'm talking your Instagram? Some guy in a Christmas hat? Is he's like, that's my son? Who's the bald guy Christmas hat.
Speaker 6: No, that's not him. No, that you're way too far down. On the second the second picture, he's the one in Adelaide croage.
Speaker 3: What that is? Okay, well I found prime possum, Mitch. It's leaving behind that cut's head with that shit of a mullet. Oh my goodness, is that him with the red mullet?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: He doesn't look.
Speaker 4: Like someone I would enjoy.
Speaker 3: He looks like the kind of person that to break up with you over a schnitzel.
Speaker 6: I needed this laugh today, honestly.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what we can provide. We can just bully him if that's what you want. Listen, Chan, so sorry that you're going through this, but you know you're at home with your family and you're on the podcast.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I hope you feel better after a bit of event.
Speaker 6: I do, I do, I do need event, and I've had some good cry so.
Speaker 3: Good, good, get it out of sis. We'll send you a nice prize price keep your Genna when she's well again, We'll get you something nice and that will send that your way.
Speaker 6: Okay, Oh, thanks guys, and.
Speaker 3: Invest in a good vibrator that really make a world a difference.
Speaker 6: You know, Look, it'll be better than him.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's exactly, Frank almost guarantee you. Thanks Sean, all the best, Darling, Bye bye, poor Suk. If you've got an easy just you of your own, hit us up. We're not really relationship experts.
Speaker 2: How aw good would it be if they got back together and we've just ship Candy's appearance.
Speaker 3: Ugly is ugly No matter how how long you've been with someone, he is ugly. No, he looks like a fucking broom. Honestly. Isn't that where she was from?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Close, close up north, but no, not the same place. Yeah, hit us up. If you've got any of this year, should we bring Emma in?
Speaker 3: It's been listening to that. Let's bring her in. Emma time. Right here she is, she's had to see.
Speaker 2: Hello Emma, Emma welcome, Hello, I am here. I'm so gushy. I feel like a proud ass. I've just finished watching Class of O seven. I binged through.
Speaker 3: It in one night.
Speaker 5: It's very bingeable.
Speaker 3: It's very bingeable. I love a thirty minute episode. Well, Mitch text me Emma and he was like, you need to watch this show. And I was like I don't have time to commit, and he was like selling it hard. I don't know if there's a cash deal going on under the table.
Speaker 4: I swear there's no.
Speaker 3: He's like minute episodes and you commitioned on and I did and I loved it.
Speaker 5: Yay you voice messaged me, bitch. I did and was like, I can't work out why I like this show. And then I realized there's no men.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I was thinking, why am I so glued to this? And then when you think about it, what are my other favorite shows? McLeod's Daughters, Yeah, Spring, Yeah, my favorite musical is Wicked. I love Strong Female Lee.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's sad Club. I didn't I didn't need were horses and I didn't even realize there were no men.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's such a good show. Bloody loved it. Kaitlyn Stacey's in it.
Speaker 3: Oh, she's so boss. Also, can I just say, not only there are no men? Essentially you kill off all the men because of the apocalypse hits, right, so.
Speaker 5: We don't kill ll do we?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I will say.
Speaker 2: When it finished, like the last episode, I was like, there's got to be another episode coming out next week?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 2: One of these weekly things because it didn't feel like it. So it does feel like there's a season two on the way the toast.
Speaker 5: Like hopefully you've all watched it, because we're going to talk spoilers.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, we may as well spoiler alert. If you have not yet watched it, fuck off, don't listen to this podcast. But I do, I do think that you should go and watch it. It's on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 3: It is seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely gorgeous.
Speaker 3: What actual class were you, Emma? When did you graduate high school?
Speaker 5: Twenty twelve?
Speaker 3: Twelve? Okay? Is it similar to your experience in high school? I mean it's obviously a dramatized version of the of the characters that we all had in our lives.
Speaker 4: You were the nice one, thank fun.
Speaker 5: I was a nice Honestly. High school was shit, amen, Amen. I really didn't have my people at all. Like I really floated from like group to group. And I definitely like had a bit of like a I don't know, I hate saying like the popular group, but it's a thing like in high school to that thing really, But I was a dancer, so I just like would go to the dance room or just like I definitely did have days where I'd sit in the bathroom by myself really any food.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh god doesn't sound hygiene.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's quiet, it is we when you're kind of a floater, kind of lonely, though.
Speaker 3: Floaters represent it is lonely. I find that the hardest part is like I didn't connect with any of like the browie bros, like sports bros. But that was the group that I was like a signed, Like that was my sign. Yeah, Like I just felt that that that's who I should hang out. And one of them is a friend now and I only have liken that two or three friends from high school. But I'd sit in the drama lab. We call them labs. Not no science was done in those things, the drama labs.
Speaker 5: When was science? What science do you actually learn in school?
Speaker 3: Such a burn I burnt apple pieces at one point with the buns and burner. That's it, which burnt apple? That's all we did.
Speaker 4: Here's oiler from the show.
Speaker 2: There's one scene where you know they're stranded at this school campus and a few of the girls, including your character, a tasked to go to the science labs and just generate electricity.
Speaker 3: If that was me, I'd be like I'm out. Fuck that.
Speaker 5: Well, they had to do it or they wouldn't get fed. According to Saskias, Yeah, that sort of pressure.
Speaker 4: And I did not pay attention in science.
Speaker 2: It didn't interest me in the slidest I'd be like, well, I guess we're all dying then, because how am I supposed to just invent electricity from scratch?
Speaker 5: I don't know how they did it, but it's a jump cut in the show. True.
Speaker 4: Actually they didn't show how they figured that out.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I should say this, but like it's really funny, and I think it was kind of missed. But it's funny because previously to finding the electricity episode, I sit on defibrillators that.
Speaker 2: Going, oh my god.
Speaker 5: But also like Renee sits on them, so like, I don't know, it kind of works. She wouldn't say it, she doesn't know.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I did not even pick up on that.
Speaker 3: That's hilarious.
Speaker 2: It's so funny because Renee, your character, obviously yes go to the school reunion, lies about being a doctor.
Speaker 4: So then when they're the only people.
Speaker 2: Left on Earth after the apocalypse, they're like, oh, good thing, we've got.
Speaker 3: A doctor here.
Speaker 5: Doctors solve everything.
Speaker 3: It was so sweet.
Speaker 4: I loved Renee.
Speaker 2: I got to tell you, though, I am a little bit stupid because one of my other friends was a writer on the show, and I saw that she put on Instagram, oh so happy to have worked as a writer on this show. And then I saw your Instagram posts. That was like, Oh, I can finally talk about it. I loved being involved in this, and for some reason, I just assumed that you did some sort of behind the scenes thing as well.
Speaker 3: And so when I watched the show, I was.
Speaker 1: Like, what the fuck.
Speaker 3: She would she delivered the food.
Speaker 2: I had no idea, and I was just like, whoa, Not only is she in it, but she's one of the lead cast members.
Speaker 5: I prop do you know? I was gonna say I was a prop holder, but let me tell you people who deal with props, our wardrobe, our whole department. It was just the show wouldn't exist.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course I'm in.
Speaker 5: It, Mitch, Oh yeah, I'm it.
Speaker 3: And I was blown away. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I was just like, oh, look at her go. I just didn't even know that you were an actor.
Speaker 3: Wow, real friend over here? You were very good. Can you run us through like getting the job. Actually, let's go further back. Did you study acting? Did you do theater? Obviously high school didn't resonate with you, so we can connect to what did you do after school?
Speaker 5: After school? I got into like a full time dance school in Melbourne and I went down there and that's actually where I studied like an acting elective. And do you guys remember Janet Andrew Arthur, who is a teacher. Who's a teacher on Neighbors. No, she's an actor on Neighbors.
Speaker 3: Susan, Oh, Susan. Yeah, maybe that's Jackie Woods.
Speaker 5: That's a lie. That's a lie, Janet Andrew Arthur. She plays Lynn.
Speaker 3: That's Lynn Lynn Granger.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no Lynn on Neighbors.
Speaker 3: I don't know who I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: We've played we've played scenes with Lynn and on this podcast before we played the Best Neighbors cat fight scenes.
Speaker 3: Okay, so she was your teacher, she was my teacher? Yeah, oh my god?
Speaker 5: What she like the best, like a really really good teacher, like super kind and lovely, but as a teacher, like really focused and like just like I don't know, she really inspired me. And I knew I was like, you know what, I think the dance world is not for me, and I went into acting kind of from there.
Speaker 3: And inspired your acting career.
Speaker 5: I love that I started acting in Sydney then, And.
Speaker 3: Where'd you go?
Speaker 2: A f t T?
Speaker 3: The way you say that a f t T? Anybody fun?
Speaker 4: Do you know what I said to Mitch before you locked up?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: I said, usually when someone is an actor, I would know because they fucking tell you. But it's because you didn't go to Nider. That's the difference. Anyone that goes to Night you hear the end.
Speaker 5: Of it, go on. I Whopper is like I have many of friends from Whopper the other one. I love you all, but they always say, oh, well at Whopper it's blah.
Speaker 3: Blah blahlah blah.
Speaker 4: That's not the whop away.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's not That's not the.
Speaker 3: Only what wear I want to get my hands on? Is it Hungry Jacks? Oh? Not in w A.
Speaker 2: I don't want to go, but yeah, I feel like you don't bang on about the fact that you do acting.
Speaker 3: And so how the fuck was I tonight? Know?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 5: I because my self esteem is about as tall as a rock.
Speaker 3: We'll bring it up higher. Well, that needs to be higher. I talk about going to acting school, and I've never booked a fucking gig, gonna say, and I've never been I have sadly, and I haven't booked anything.
Speaker 2: And that's also why I felt like a bit of a proud aunt watching it because a lot of your TikTok stuff. One of the things I love about your videos if you talk so much about having anxiety and things like that, and then I was like, look at her up on the screen, just owning a ship. You wouldn't know slightly nervous. Were you actually nervous?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think you know. It's an advantage to go onto a comedy set because obviously everyone's relaxed and you have a lot of fucking like, oh so much fun.
Speaker 3: It did look fun.
Speaker 5: All of us are genuinely like best friends, like super close, talk every day, so much fun, idiots, crazy, insane. But I was so nervous, like also because the funny thing is we had a bunch of rehearsals like before we went to set, though, and we really broke the ice. We played drama games all that shit so much.
Speaker 3: That sounds like my heaven, that is amazing. Games. I love drama games.
Speaker 5: What games did you do We did space jump, of which is fucking scary though when you don't know anyone.
Speaker 3: Is I get two in my head about it. When I did drama games and ship.
Speaker 5: Like that interesting, we should have done it.
Speaker 3: It now I knew, why don't we just do space jump?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: I don't even remember how to do space dw I remember hating it. I had to do it in time.
Speaker 3: Person all of high school out. One person just starts the scene in any setting, or it can be a given setting, and then and then someone will enter a scene and then say space jump when they're in a compromising position. That's normally the gag of it, all right, because then it's a funny spot. And then you change the scene and so on and so forth. And then once you add everyone, then you start removing people.
Speaker 5: Oh god, yeah, getting ready, Okay, we.
Speaker 3: Won't don't won't do it. We won't do it. Did you do that?
Speaker 4: No, that one's easy.
Speaker 5: That is a good one. I don't even know what we did. We did like lots of circle talk about ourselves.
Speaker 4: Actually helped doing those things?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it did for us at least, And we also had to Okay, this was the first day do you know in the first episode where we do a dance too that's not my name. Yes, yeah, so we choreographed that as a cast, I might say, where's our credits? I don't know. Yeah, we had to. Our director, Casey Adding, wanted us to all choreograph something for ourselves and perform at individually in front of everyone. That was our time. My god, that was and she'd play a song and we would just have to dance, and it was so good to get us all out of our comfort zone. But it's so scary, Like I feel anxious now.
Speaker 2: Talking about I remember when we did the TikTok monograph flight together. Oh yeah, when we were doing rehearsals, you took to it like a duck to water. And then there's me looking so uncoordinated, and you've come from a dance background. I'm like, what fucking hype? Do I have a looking grateful? When Amazon got her sake, I was, I was past She's still she's still got it.
Speaker 4: If you've seen her on the.
Speaker 3: Show, was this the you were very good you were very good dancing? Wait? Was this the float that I saw or the recent Marti gra I think this was.
Speaker 2: The first time it was in the cricket Stadium.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I remember that good time.
Speaker 3: Were you there the year after?
Speaker 2: I don't think you did come back to No, I didn't. They made the dance ten times easier because they could see people like me the first year not fucking oh, but you didn't struggle with the.
Speaker 3: Show the cast because I saw some behind the scenes I think real on your Instagram.
Speaker 5: Or I'm a bitch for a good montage that doesn't make sense, but it doesn't my head.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 5: You got montage bitch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you are a montage bitch because that montage was very good and you have a sad music. I'm like, oh my god, you must miss the car.
Speaker 5: Hanging with the cast, we talk literally twenty four seven every single day.
Speaker 3: Is there a group chat? Yes? What do you did you guys share? Like the negativity or the positivity? What do you share? I want to know at all.
Speaker 5: Actually, to be honest, it hasn't really been much negativity, but we do share like the Twitter little memes and like, actually, let me be clear, actually our group chat is just all about gay gay gay gay. We're like, this is gay. Everyone's saying this is gay. When are they going to kiss? But they're so much. They're like every character is bisexual. There's all these like things.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Yeah, the show's only been out like a few days, hasn't it at the time of record, obviously it hasn't even been out long. But it's got its own little Twitter fan base, has it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's been out like four days, so I think, wow, yeah, we're finding some cute little character edits on Twitter and I love.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Is there what a fan cam is or a fanfic? Is that what you mean? Fit? They'd be fan fit.
Speaker 5: I'd write the thing, fanfic would be hot.
Speaker 3: I'd read that we could.
Speaker 4: But what's fan can?
Speaker 3: Fan cam is like when they get a mash up of all your like you're looking hot, Like second video of you dancing, another video of you talking, and they oh, yeah.
Speaker 5: I've seen two of them and you know who they can you guess who they were.
Speaker 3: It would have been Pedro Pascal It I've seen, Like.
Speaker 5: I mean from my show, I said that of my really good friends.
Speaker 3: Because his dad, he's daddy at the moment, his mother really he's the father he is, he's he's living his best life at the moment. He's top of the culture.
Speaker 2: Is that I sound so old right now? Even I'm pretty sure I'm the youngest one here. I sound so old? Is that a new thing saying their mother right now?
Speaker 3: Yes? They are mother? I've you goot it that and you just said it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh god, it's another trend in this.
Speaker 3: You're so mother, I'm mother? Have you heard the mother think?
Speaker 2: Not?
Speaker 5: Okay, I've seen it. But for some reason, Wait, is that like Mega Trade's new song?
Speaker 2: What is that? No?
Speaker 3: No, No, she's just jumped on that bandwag. She is a mother, She's quite literally a mother. She's got babies.
Speaker 2: Is it kind of based on that drag race reference? Mother has arrived.
Speaker 5: So well mammy?
Speaker 3: Right? Yeah, it's like mother energy, I believe. Yeah, like so mother?
Speaker 4: Am I mother? And I absolutely no, she's not. She's too young to be mother energy.
Speaker 2: But she's like the nurturing, caring one because even though she's not a doctor and she lied about being a doctor, she went to the school library with reading all the medical books that she.
Speaker 4: Could keep the lie going because she wanted to look after people.
Speaker 3: That's mother, did I use that? So that's the oracle on all things culture? But I do believe that you use that correctly.
Speaker 4: It sounded correct when you used it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm going to ask people now on Instagram if I'm mother?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 4: Were my mother?
Speaker 3: I just feel can.
Speaker 5: I have no context my mother?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: My god? Can you message the group chat? Now? You say, guys, am I mother?
Speaker 5: They're going to be like, what does that mean?
Speaker 3: Or just say guys, who of us is mother? Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Who of us?
Speaker 3: Okay, Emma's messaging the class of those seven ago chat to ask who is mother? But I honestly they're going to be like what they're going to get it? They all get the culture, do they Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, it's not giving them enough credit. No one's seen it yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, give them credit.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll move on for now. But let us know as soon as you get a response, won't you?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 3: Just you can follow the show online. Just search a couple of miches. If you don't, you're a tighead. All right? As we get all our guests to do, and is it just me of their own something that Emma Horn has noticed, something that she hates or something that she appreciates.
Speaker 4: So hateful to me.
Speaker 5: I've actually ended a bit of revenge era. But like it's coming and going, so we'll see.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, all right, isn't it though?
Speaker 2: Okay, I was going to say, that's your revenge, Adele, you should see mine.
Speaker 3: What do you mean about it? Who are you getting revenge on? Oh?
Speaker 5: I can't say, it's just I can't.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I wish you were here when we took a phone call just before from someone who'd just been broken up with.
Speaker 3: If you're in a revenge been the perfect person. Should we just call her back and say we've got some more advice? Have you got revenge ideas? How to fuck? We need to tell him that her boyfriend broke up with her at the pub and then said leave, and she drove four hours to a new suburb.
Speaker 2: I was four hours, four days, a different day, four.
Speaker 3: Days, four hours. He chicked her out to Shan.
Speaker 2: She had to drive from Darwin to Townsville, which is not a quick commute.
Speaker 3: I think this is her number. Well, if not, we're calling somewhere. She's not gonna because she's not going to know. She'll freak out. She think it's a boyfriend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, why do you have it on Prime?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Calls from no call id.
Speaker 4: Hello, Oh that's again Shan.
Speaker 3: Hi, Hi, it's Mitchell Mitchen. We've got someone here that we thought might actually be equipped to give you advice. It's Emma Horn from Class of Oh seven, streaming now on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 5: Okay, hi, Shan, how are you well bad? I know you're bad. You're not good, You're bad. You can say it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I'm pretty I'm going to be quite honest with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And you know what I heard that you were dumped in a pub.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's fucked.
Speaker 5: There's nothing no that is fucked and says it's so much about who this person is as a human being, let alone a little sk me. Man, do you do you just predominantly date men? I would have given you some other advice. That's fine.
Speaker 2: A photo of the critin Yeah, okay, Shan.
Speaker 5: All I have to say is, Shan, fuck, you deserve the world. And I don't even know you, but I feel like I do. And do you know what we need to get him on? I'm dead said, We're gonna get him on. Just be embarrassed. He deserves No, he does what.
Speaker 2: You need to understand that. Emma in her revenge era, so she's out for blood.
Speaker 5: Tell I know I always I'm always a person who comes from this place of understanding, and I'm like I always do. But you know what, the other night, I was lying in bed and I was like, you know what, I'm angry. I don't know why, Well I kind of do, and I'm angry, and I'm gonna be in my fields and I'm gonna say whatever the I want because some do you know what, Apparently in six years aliens are coming.
Speaker 3: In six Yeah, in six nobly specific.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, exactly stated an alien. So I think I'm well prepared.
Speaker 5: What Yeah, he's probably one of them.
Speaker 3: So all right, hope that helped Sean.
Speaker 6: Oh god, anything, I will take anything, honestly. I appreciate you guys so much, and yet.
Speaker 2: You won't let us make a phone call. That's all right.
Speaker 5: You're very love and you do just a lot better.
Speaker 6: You know what. I don't want to make the phone call because I don't want it to come back on you guys, because I know what he's truly like.
Speaker 3: Okay, protecting us.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know what anyone else to deal with it.
Speaker 3: I speak on behalf of these two.
Speaker 5: You are mother Shan, you are mother me mother.
Speaker 4: It's a good thing.
Speaker 3: You're on the Mother's good ty in good Ty in the Aliens. Sorry I didn't have time. Well, thank you for that, brilliant We.
Speaker 4: Should get your Is it just me?
Speaker 3: From you? Shouldn't we? What did you get a message on the group chat? I did?
Speaker 5: I got one from Emily?
Speaker 3: Okay, Emily plays Zoey. Great, she's the main bitch.
Speaker 5: Confused mother, question mark all of us?
Speaker 3: Not the response we wanted. I don't know that.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's I don't think we know.
Speaker 3: They're busy having the hottest show on Amazon Prime.
Speaker 4: Yeah they are.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that they're out of the loop too. I'm not the only one. Yeah, all right, what do you Is it just me?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right, we'll count you in and depressive if it's about the aliens? Again, I wish is it just me?
Speaker 5: Is sitting in your car at the end of the day a sign of true loneliness?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I thought you were going to say, sitting in the car for a bit before you walk inside, like at least a little bit of downtime loneliness.
Speaker 5: Because do you know what? Every time I do it, I think of myself, you know, Molly and me, that dad he sits in the car and watches his family inside his dog, and it's crazy he doesn't want to go inside. Is that me? I don't have a family or a dog.
Speaker 2: I can't remember that. Did he not like his family though? Like he was getting a bit of a reprieve from it.
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: I think it was just a bit like, oh my, you know, my family is crazy. I'm the man. I wish I had a different life. Chose it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel that way. You just feel there's nothing to go to.
Speaker 5: Oh is this exposing my loneliness? Are we all lonely as fuck?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yes, a little bit, a little bit. Yeah, Well, Mitch's got a brand new partner, first time really ever, so we're celebrating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he obviously I'm not lonely lonely, but like, we don't live together, and I live at home by myself and work from home, so there can be times when I'm like, I haven't spoken to a human being in a couple of days. That can be a bit isolating, but it's not like the worst thing in the world.
Speaker 3: Again, I chose that. So, Emma, are you the kind of person that doesn't like being alone with your own thoughts?
Speaker 5: I'm always alone with my own thoughts. I like being alone a lot, but then I hate it at the same time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like being alone, but I feel like it's possible to overdose on me time, Like I've got too much of it now.
Speaker 5: It's my head's just noisy constantly though, Like it's constantly going like is that an ado she thing?
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, perhaps it's ill for some me time. Literally, the only meantime I had this week was two episodes of Because of Your Life?
Speaker 5: What's your life?
Speaker 3: Just so just got too many things happening, Yeah, too much?
Speaker 5: The thing? Do you know? I get to scroll paralysis and then I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I you the cat, Oh my god, we are the same person. What's the cat's name.
Speaker 5: The cat's name is Chance. She attacks me all the time.
Speaker 2: That's just what you need if you're feeling a little bit lonely, for someone to attack you.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And I'm lying like, and you know, when you're on the verge of like you're so tired of stuff. And then she comes behind me and grabs my legs with her claws and her jaw, and then I just cried.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I see I have realized slowly, but surely that dogs aren't like that.
Speaker 3: If you're having a bad day, your dog will cheer you up.
Speaker 2: But if you haven't a bad day, your cat will absolutely choose on that day, of all days, to make it worse.
Speaker 5: And do cats actually know who you are? I don't know.
Speaker 3: No cat to use you to get fared, to be homed and to be cared for. And that is it and they will never thank you for it. That one great thanks job.
Speaker 4: Teenager really.
Speaker 5: Like a little parent.
Speaker 3: He does sound like half of Mitch's You are not mother? Dare you now explain to me what the actual feeling is? So, I mean it's a big statement because you're in this massive show and people would look at you and they may assume, oh my god, this this girl is never lonely, you know.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, now you've got you've got profile like I'm depreshed, join the club. But where does comedy come from?
Speaker 3: Sadness? Yes? Yes, yeah, that's very true.
Speaker 2: It's like every time Adele's happy, we don't hear from her for years and then once.
Speaker 3: Turns it into well that album was a flop and is it because she was skinny? I don't know it would just say that it was.
Speaker 2: The album was about divorce, babe, divorce, remember, so it's hardly a happy album.
Speaker 5: I really loved that album.
Speaker 3: I related really interesting.
Speaker 5: Can know how?
Speaker 3: But I did thirty? Can we ask?
Speaker 5: I'm twenty eight?
Speaker 2: Oh she's just talking about being a single mum.
Speaker 4: Her one sound.
Speaker 7: Too.
Speaker 5: Adelle's like eighty four with seventy thousand lives.
Speaker 3: Yes, good, that's true.
Speaker 2: It's weird that she released the album thirty when she was like thirty two or three or something.
Speaker 5: I was like, only thirty, isn't she?
Speaker 2: No, she was older than thirty when she released thirty, and that was I reckondnicate.
Speaker 5: I think Adele's thirty two.
Speaker 4: Therest, Mitchel, I think it sh'd be thirty three by now.
Speaker 3: Adelle is Jesus Christ. I'm shocked. Thirty one thirty four? Oh fuck, I was I was close. That's younger than I thought. I thought she would be at least forty.
Speaker 5: She's just got the most beautiful old soul. Is that even a thing? What's an old soul?
Speaker 3: People say it's just an old sol.
Speaker 4: People have told me that I have an old soul.
Speaker 3: I get that all.
Speaker 4: I've never been told it's trau my shit, that checks out.
Speaker 5: But then I hate when they have those people that are like, oh, you know, I have an old soul, had a difficult child. That sounds really bad. But I'm like, what if you don't have an old soul and you also had a difficult child.
Speaker 3: I know a lot of fucked up people that have very young souls. I think it's all, yeah, it's a fresh soul, all right, or great? Take Yeah, if you're in your car listening to this, there's a lot of people are yeah, I was just thinking.
Speaker 2: It Sometimes is a compliment where people say I was listening to that episode of the podcast and I couldn't get out of the car.
Speaker 4: I was parked in the driveway for ten minutes.
Speaker 3: To really say, to help, Yeah, it's a cry for help.
Speaker 2: Were happy to be here as the cry for help, aren't we?
Speaker 5: But it is nice sitting in my car. I like it, But I'm like, why do I not just go upstairs? Because it's like there's something about the in between this of like you've been somewhere, then you're in your car at home, but you're not home yet. You're like in this salem between.
Speaker 2: Well, I know you're comfy in the car and if there's stairs, fuck stairs, it's probably just a laziness thing with me.
Speaker 3: It would be I've got stairs too many. I sometimes when I'm feeling a bit anxious or a bit flighty, I will go for a drive. I feel so comfortable, so nice. I listened to music, Yeah, blast.
Speaker 5: Music, and that's a good song.
Speaker 3: Show tunes or what are yousing right now?
Speaker 5: I have so I have song obsessions. I never listened to new music.
Speaker 2: Really, I don't know what it is about me. I just can't get amongst it.
Speaker 5: And it's just like it's comforting right now. It's been. It's all coming back to me now. I sland you on for about stop it.
Speaker 2: I love that mine has been, is it? Tony Braxon? Unbreak my heart?
Speaker 3: You know that that's a brilliant song. Why is it? God?
Speaker 4: We are old souls.
Speaker 3: Listen to us. It's a beautiful song.
Speaker 4: Put it on.
Speaker 2: You may as well just go to the chorus so we people know what we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Just thinking we've played this on the show not long ago.
Speaker 5: That your mind me and my childhood too.
Speaker 2: Oh we should have played this to shant sing with her.
Speaker 5: I feel so bad. I think I heard chance feeling.
Speaker 3: No. She she was going for quite a bit for that to have upset her. Oh yeah, yeah, she doesn't need us and she's in a rough patch.
Speaker 2: Now listen, we need something else from you, because we get every single guest of ours to contribute to our list of things better than drugs and dick. Oh yeah, I saw your eyes.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 3: Some people get freaked out. A lot of people can't name it. Our last guest, Sean Zepps, who I saw you were on Sean's Podcast's all right, welcome to the club. I wasn't listening to anything you said for the last thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Of course, it's more challenging for Sean to thigure something because he is dick inclined.
Speaker 3: Correct here, and he said that eating us is something better than drugs and dick, which technically just say eating us. It's so much, he said rimming.
Speaker 2: It's much more polite that way. The point of the list of things better than drugs and dick is just in case there's any young listeners of ours out there who might be in a place in near life where it's easy to become obsessed with partying and boys and think that that's the be all and end all.
Speaker 4: So it says a little thing in life.
Speaker 3: Example, because we ask all our guests from the start of the show, we've got a long list. Like Angela Bishop from Channel ten said that it was her hot waterbed that she has.
Speaker 2: Abby Chatfield said, getting the beginnings of an ingrown toe.
Speaker 4: Now cut out.
Speaker 3: That's it gets too much.
Speaker 2: Kristin Hull loves gardening. He also clarified that there's not much better than Dick. However, I gardening with cancer, eating streaky bacon in bed said. Kate Lane likes and whatever it may be.
Speaker 5: Do you know what For me, it's like anything that involves potatoes. Oh yeah, Like I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but if you're having a bad day and someone makes a really soft, buttery mashed potato, put some cheese in it, that's gonna fix it. I'm not kidding. It fixes everything.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: Actually I haven't had that in ages and boobs.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's so much better because rugs and Dick, Yes, can go on the list.
Speaker 2: Fantastic kiddies, that's what you should have said on the phone.
Speaker 5: It's like, babe, that's what I was like you predominantly, I was trying to be.
Speaker 2: Polite bats of my team girlfriend happen against women.
Speaker 5: Spend your time with some great women.
Speaker 3: Well amen, But.
Speaker 5: Mashed potato mashed potato or women or feminine?
Speaker 2: What about a good jacket potato When you've got like the bits of bacon and cut it open.
Speaker 5: I make my I call them baked potatoes. This is I don't know if it's going to be why it would be controversial, But I stick some holes in a potato and then I stick it in the microwave how long?
Speaker 3: For like four minutes and it cooks it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is that what the holes?
Speaker 5: I don't know why calls in it? My mum told me to do that when I was like twelve.
Speaker 3: It'll explode if you don't have the steam escape. Yeah yeah it does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, that's not controversial. That's fucking clever.
Speaker 3: Then you cut it in half. Tell me how you prepare it and serve it.
Speaker 5: Don't cut it fully in half in the middle, very carefully. Just open it a little bit.
Speaker 3: Just talking about the potatoes.
Speaker 5: I I was like, fill it with some always cheese, always cheese. Basically want to do melted cheese, some herbs, but sometimes cream cream like some beans. Whatever's around noodles.
Speaker 3: She's like, yeah, maybe ham very where do you draw the line?
Speaker 5: Maybe should I start my potato place?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it's very class. No, that won't sell. I'm so I don't want you to lose money.
Speaker 5: You just think it wouldn't, but think about it.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 3: I went to a frozen younger place for the first time in a long time, and that went up. Back in my day, toppings were like chocolate saws, M and ms. And I went there and they're like, here's half a papaya? What a stupid like an half of I went to one. I got right to the end and right before the till there was like an oven like a war. But I'm like, oh, what goes in here? And go sorry, mate, all out of fresh brownie. We'll get another in half an hour. They bake a brownie sheet and then if it's ready in time, they just take a chunk out of it and put it in the froyo.
Speaker 2: And you can just pute gonna start adding. They're gonna start adding microwave potato.
Speaker 3: That's that's my point.
Speaker 5: That people will listen and be like, why didn't I think of that?
Speaker 3: You know what's going to happen in six years. When the's aliens six years, how are you guys going to survive? Can you explain that way? Did you hear that?
Speaker 5: I heard it from Brandon Scott right makeup Guru. There was sitting in a hotel and he said, I have something to tell you, and it was that we've been all being distracted because actually, what's going to happen is aliens coming in six years?
Speaker 3: Why six?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I love that you just took Brandon's word for it and you were like, all right, then.
Speaker 5: Do you know what? I use it as a little thing now that I'm like, why not say that? Why not tell this person how I feel? Why not do this? Because guess what, Alien's coming in six years? Do what you want to do.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's good. So the threat of aliens, it's just to seize the day. Reminder, that's a good thing.
Speaker 5: I just think everyone needs that. And now I wake up in the morning it's like, should I do this, Emma, Yes you should, because in six years you might not have the choice. That sounds really.
Speaker 3: Sad, So sad I'm not.
Speaker 5: You probably are one. Literally, Wow, you're a bit judgmental of what you think aliens are that's true.
Speaker 3: I did put into her what.
Speaker 5: You really box them in there?
Speaker 3: Well, no, because I could have gone, but instead I gave them a dialect. I actually respected them and insinuated that they would bring up You're doing a bit of lickty split for once on this show. The majority in this room have slept with women, is sih.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I had to do the maths there.
Speaker 2: I was like, wait, what.
Speaker 5: Two, Mitch, we don't say that. Huh why Veries does an equal identity?
Speaker 3: Is that true? It's not?
Speaker 4: By no true?
Speaker 3: Turned me off. I'm gonna start dating shan.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, number of people. Please she guys, I'm so sad about my breakup, and you're like, I'll marry you.
Speaker 4: I'm on my way to township, I am.
Speaker 3: That's really grim. I'm gonna take it to a froyo place and give her half a pie and.
Speaker 5: Break up potato and fro and divorce. I'll join that company.
Speaker 3: Name Hormlet's end on that note.
Speaker 2: Make sure you check out Class of A seven on Amazon Prime Video. I heartily recommend. It's the first time in a long time that I've just been to show from start to finished.
Speaker 3: Did you say I heartily heartily recommend cert an expression, isn't it watch the show that she's resigned.
Speaker 2: Well, it was lovely in a hearty manner. That's what heartily means. It means like wholeheartedly, genuinely, sincerely, heartily recommend.
Speaker 3: I heartily recommend it heartily heart radio like I heartily.
Speaker 5: I heartily sincerely thank you for having me on.
Speaker 3: Oh pleasure.
Speaker 5: Shout out to my cast, actually for seven.
Speaker 3: Shout them out.
Speaker 5: Shout them out, best people in the world. Honestly, I'm very grateful to have favorite. I can't say there I have to.
Speaker 3: Who's your favorite? The aliens?
Speaker 5: The aliens? I don't have a favorite because they would kill me. Interesting, Yeah, they're all. They're my favorites in different ways. Let's put it that way.
Speaker 3: I know exactly what you mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'm happy to have it go on record that you're my favorite in the cast.
Speaker 3: Come for me, girl, for me, you are my favorite. Welcome to the show, Welcome to the show. Goodbye.
Speaker 5: Am I starting?
Speaker 3: I guess it's brain. I've been caught out.
Speaker 5: It should be more apocalyptic the okay, it kind of is open how they speak. That was good.
Speaker 4: I feel high right now.
Speaker 3: I do I think, Emmy, you've done something to us.
Speaker 5: Something in the air con.
Speaker 3: Yeah, something in the air con. It just sounds like people say, oh, there's something in the air. But the what you said it is if that's an expression, everyone says something in the air.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, I'm sure at some say to someone who's hot boxed this studio before some left over.
Speaker 5: I love it, I love we're all high. It's all coming back to me.
Speaker 3: Perfect episode to listen to one, half speed, which one? This one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the whole last ten minutes has been pretty cool. Well, when you think about it, I had to summarize it. We've come up with a genius business plan to incorporate brownies and potatoes into frozen yogurt.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, we're stars. Yeah, we asked that we sound that we got the munchies. I met my new neighbor and she said to me, oh, I hope you don't mind my daughter. She's a lesbian and she smokes pot and I went, don't excuse that, that's my dream friend.
Speaker 5: Half bitch comes first.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know, and I no, why was that a factor? She's a lesbian and she smokes.
Speaker 3: The mom's clearly still trying to get over get over those two things. She's being progressive because she still hated and I. My boyfriend went, oh I better warn them, Yeah, better warm them. She's a pot smoking lesbian.
Speaker 5: If I ever have a girlfriend again, I'm going to introduce her and say, don't buy my girlfriend. She's a lesbian.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I'm so sorry. All right, thank you for listening, everybody. So in a week Amazon Prime Video, go get Class of O seven.
Speaker 4: Yep, heartily recommended by us. Heartily Yes, see you.
Speaker 3: Guys very soon. Now you can get Emma Horn on Instagram.
Speaker 5: At get Me.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's Emma Horn, but three ends in Horn right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they'll probably look you up and go, oh you have seen one of her tiktoks at some stage hopefully.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I reckon anyway, Love you.
Speaker 5: Love you too.
Speaker 3: We'll see you next week, guys, see you then catch them bait Is It just Me? Podcast by a couple of mitches. Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to add brief. This is our secret segment. On the end, we pretend the show is done, but it's not actually done. We keep talking shit. It's a secret from anyone that doesn't know about it obviously, including Emma. Can't you know, let her in on the secret if she doesn't know about.
Speaker 3: It now, because we all walked her out of the building and she's like, oh, I want to should we want to go and we can all leave, and I'm like, oh, we left something in this.
Speaker 2: If it's a guest who knows about the secret segment, they can stay exactly Ryan.
Speaker 3: If you know, you know, and if you don't, you're fucked. I watched her show, but she clearly hasn't listened to mine. Now I feel like she did, because sometimes you have to talk them through the Is it just me Bradley band? True? And she knew? She was like, no, I know, which makes me feel like she knew and she'd.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe she'd give it a listen.
Speaker 3: Who knows?
Speaker 2: You know how The show Class of Seven me now on Amazon Prime Video. Yeah, it's all about the ten year reunion. Yes, my ten year reunion is next year. Doesn't that mean that yours is this year?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, twenty twenty three is ten years. I graduated in twenty fifteen.
Speaker 4: Fuck, so you have to go to your reunion?
Speaker 3: Yeah? They want me to organize it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you won't be going to the reunion. Then it just won't happen. It's going to be Why do you have to organize it because.
Speaker 3: I'm school captain. Oh that's so shit? Is that really?
Speaker 2: Who reached out to you and said it's on you to organize.
Speaker 3: I was at a wedding on the weekend and I was from like a school friend, and a whole bunch of them were there, and they're like, it's up to you, and I said, no, it's not. That's like getting Catneus Everdeen to fucking reunite the Pan Games of whatever fucking news. She did it, she won. She doesn't have to rally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, isn't it like an official school thing? They'd probably work in conjunction with you. But it's not solely on you, is it.
Speaker 3: No, it's not an official school thing. It's outside of the school. The schools don't organize the reunion. It's like we didn't even know. The school didn't even organize our formals or farewells.
Speaker 4: Oh your school sucked, Yeah it did.
Speaker 3: We won a local school.
Speaker 4: And wonder you got in power.
Speaker 3: Yes, they're idiots in power. I had no actual political power, you know that, right.
Speaker 4: I just I wouldn't know. I've never been a school captain influence.
Speaker 3: You didn't want to Who was your school captain? And what are they doing now? Well, it was weird.
Speaker 2: We had Kurt love it, but we basically had an understudy school captain because he spent so much of the year away playing hockey. Oh, he was like representing.
Speaker 3: So you had a vice captain.
Speaker 2: No, not officially, we just had one of the house captains would step in for him. I don't know, because there's four houses, you know, the Sporting house and whatever. I don't know why they chose one of those particular captains to be the understudy school captain, but he would always step in an assembling ship when Kurt was off hitting pucks or whatever you do with hockey.
Speaker 3: Hit and pussy. Well I was, yeah, Hitten, Not actually I was at that point. But you know, they want me to organize it. I don't even know where to start.
Speaker 2: I guess you wouldn't even remember the names of the people you went to school with, like you weld the no offense.
Speaker 3: But you're the worst person to organize it. No, I remember, I don't remember current things. My old memory is really good. No, that's the first time your phone's ever rung during a recording.
Speaker 4: In ringtime, it's also very loud.
Speaker 3: Sorry about that? Who is it? I don't know? Is that your ring tone?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh that's so uncreative, I know.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 2: You want to know how tragic this is. I was rewatching Offspring and that was Nina's ringtone, and I remember that used to be back in the day. That used to be the generic ring tone. The iPhone came with y it's all you got? Yeah, well there it was option, but that was the generic one. Yeah, you're right, yeah, And I was like, do they still have that because that's not the.
Speaker 4: Default ringtone now the default ringtone?
Speaker 2: Now is this one?
Speaker 3: You said the default ringtone?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it says default next to it.
Speaker 2: But then if you scroll all the way down through all the ring tones as a section that says classic and you open that menu, it's all the old one.
Speaker 3: I play my play my Rimba, I love my Rimba.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that was the default.
Speaker 2: But anyway, I heard Nina Proudman's ringtone on off Spring, this one and I was.
Speaker 3: Like, I kind of miss it. There's something nostalgic about it.
Speaker 4: So I made that my ring tone.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I one of those dickheads that has a custom ring tone, do you yeah? This is mine? Really?
Speaker 4: Oh the thirty rock thing?
Speaker 3: Of course? How can I forget? But I've got custom from my family, so my dad calls. Yeah, why that hilarious when my mum calls of both Rachel or Becky calls. But that would have taken you forever.
Speaker 2: It's actually not as straightforward if you would think making custom ring tones these days.
Speaker 3: No, but I bought these from iTunes, so it's easy, easy because I'm like, oh, Hayden calls a good place. This is a good place. Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, I actually did fuck around and make a custom ring tone because whenever my friend Oscar texted me, I wanted to hear this it just him coughing. That took me at least half an hour. I had to download apples and lad to iTunes and shit, do it again.
Speaker 3: It's him coughing. That's a dangerous cough, is he? Okay, that's awful? Do you know what?
Speaker 2: It's a lot like you remember in the very first episode of this podcast, we did coughing fit Chicken.
Speaker 4: Yes, you used to be able.
Speaker 2: To do the best gutteral smokers cough on command, and somewhere along the line, you lost your charm.
Speaker 3: Oscar's lost it too. Isn't that funny?
Speaker 4: It's weird you to stop being able to fake it on a command.
Speaker 3: Maybe we were just ill.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe severely fucked up both of your lungs by asking you to do it at the drop of a hat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if it's for.
Speaker 4: My entertainment, because I don't why I find it's so funny.
Speaker 3: You know, I've got custom text tones for everyone. That's how I know. Do I have one? So you know which one to ignore? No, I just mentally know who's teaxting me? What kind of matiaca you? Why doesn't your phone on was silent? It is most of the time. I just have an Apple Watch. I don't know, I know what you are.
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, we did get a couple of things sent through the text line during the week, because you know how we want people to tell us what my rattle is, something I commonly say.
Speaker 3: Because mine was good call.
Speaker 4: Yes, you always say good call.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 2: Mitchell's Hannah from Regional WA. I've noticed that Mitchell Komb says that's gorgeous a lot interesting, which I do, and that, to be fair, I even noticed myself the other day that I say it too often. You do things that aren't fucking gorgeous. In the sliders, I'll say, oh, that's gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Like the other day I was.
Speaker 2: Buying a schnitzel at the pub and he's like, okay, a schnitzel and a raise. That'll be twenty two dollars, and I'll okay, great, and then I pay past my phone and then once it said approved, I went gorgeous, thank you. What's gorgeous about anything.
Speaker 4: That just occurred?
Speaker 3: Yeah, meinly Cunus is gorgeous, not your schitz Actually.
Speaker 2: That, to be fair that it was that shinzel was fucking gorgeous. So I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: I'm with you on that. I find that odd.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of like the word amazing that gets thrown them out of a lot, like hey, can you just print that offrom me amazing? Thank you? Like I just throw around gorgeous like it's nothing. But I have noticed that myself, So that's no surprise to me. Is it just me or has Coombs? This person didn't put their name, but it just says is it just me or has Coombs? Transitioned to say from saying Darlin to saying bub.
Speaker 3: Yes you have.
Speaker 2: It's not that I'm not saying Darlin anymore, but I definitely have started saying bub ironically bub by accident. I used to say it as a joke, like, oh yeah, right, I bub, But now I actually call people that, like thanks bub whenever someone calls for an Is it just you?
Speaker 3: You do you say it all the time? Yeah, I don't get I've started saying honey because Laura of Herne how I work with, says hi, honey, and I now say it and I think it's nice. It's endearing. Hi honey, Oh honey, someone's sad. Say it again.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to decide whether you can pull it off.
Speaker 3: Say something sad. Hi.
Speaker 4: My name's Shan.
Speaker 3: I've been broken up with. Oh honey, listen.
Speaker 4: I think what you need to do is yeah, okay, that sounded sincere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it depends on the tone.
Speaker 4: I don't reckon I could pull it off.
Speaker 3: Try. My name is Shan and my possum of a partner left me at a pub. Oh honey. Yeah, No, it doesn't work much with you. That's why I go bob. I hate love. Sorry, about that bub. I hate Dahl. I've got a friend Dal's self. That's deprecating dull no doll, Yes, yes, yeah, completely agree Dhal Dahl. Big distinction wasn't Amel lovely? What a sweetheart she is? Oh my god, absolutely gorgeous. I've done it again. Gorgeous. She's gorgeous, but she is.
Speaker 4: She is gorgeous.
Speaker 3: She is erratic as well, like a bit scattered, and I love it.
Speaker 4: But not too much.
Speaker 3: No, it's like good.
Speaker 2: I find guests that are a bit all over the shop, as I know, you really really challenging. But that wasn't a challenge. It was like it was chaotic, but not so much that I couldn't keep up. It was actually perfect. That's my no offense. But that's my favorite guest we've had in nowhile or one of I should say.
Speaker 3: Well, Mitch.
Speaker 2: Sean was brilliant for a different reason, and Sean's fantastic, but.
Speaker 3: Love, we're friends with Sean. It's different. You're a friends with them, so it is different when you're not meeting them for the first time. Yeah, you know, but you know, we will debrief after a guest when they leave, and we will you know, we'll give them a ranking of sorts, won't we? I guess so we do. It's true.
Speaker 2: Well, sometimes when we're mid record, I'll just shoot you a certain look, and you know exactly what that look means. That look means we're never fucking getting this person on the podcast ever again. Yep.
Speaker 3: Or you've got a look that means rap. Move on, like, don't ask any more fucking questions.
Speaker 2: Well, sometimes you don't catch that glance and I have to text you and say, wrap it up?
Speaker 1: He does?
Speaker 5: You text me?
Speaker 2: Oh, you just searched wrap in your message search.
Speaker 4: You'd find so many for me to wrap.
Speaker 3: Now better, it'll be clouded by me asking Hayden. If he also wants a Maca's rap, it'd be all food. I've just searched wrap. Hayden says, not enough raps for gosle mate, because do you want to rap? Says Hayden. Mom, Oh, we're just having barbecue chicken wraps. I'm telling you it's all food.
Speaker 2: I'm a slap for a rap. I had a wrap for breakfast and I had raps for lunch.
Speaker 3: Isn't it funny that we called a rap. It's not what the product is, it's the act of what you're doing, like you're you just you wrap, You're wrapping it like it's not a bitcher bread or or a flat bread.
Speaker 2: It's like if you want a cup of tea, you're not gonna say, can I have a paw? Totally exactly right. What else do you call something?
Speaker 3: The act? You know? I'm trying to say, what's another flag?
Speaker 2: You wouldn't say, oh, can I have be a drive?
Speaker 3: Keith? Yes you no, of course not. I got to go move the drive. In Melbourne they say sausage instead of sausage sizzle. They say sandwich in bread, sausage and bread, sausage in bread, which is fucked.
Speaker 2: I part of my comedy show last year, I did a whole bit about people bumpuffing cigaret other bees back the bee. Oh yeah, why does that always happen? In eighty de brief? Have you figured out the source of the buzzings?
Speaker 4: Aimlessly?
Speaker 3: Kick under there? Didn't kick anything? Oh okay, stop kicking now that was so bad. Imagine if we went off here the panels rode from the desk.
Speaker 4: Okay, that didn't happen anyway, What was I saying? Fuck?
Speaker 3: Rose from the rose from Titanic. I don't think I was your comedy wrote show.
Speaker 2: There was a whole thing in my comedy show last year about people who bumpuff cigarettes like they take an inhale, but they don't actually inhale deeply enough for it to have an impact. They just let the smoke into their cheeks and then blow it out. That's a waste of a cigarette. Yes, And at the Melbourne Comedy Festival I said people who bumpuff and everyone just looked at me blankly, and I was like.
Speaker 4: Please tell me, you know what that is?
Speaker 2: And then I explained what I was describing and they said, oh, we call that bum sucking. I was like, oh, that's better. That's way more fucking classy than bum puffy.
Speaker 3: Wait, in Victoria, a bum puff is a bum suck.
Speaker 2: That's apparently, that's what one of them said. That's fucked, but they also don't call okay. After the Melbourne shows, I added a whole bit into the comedy show about fucked things that people in Melbourne stay. Yeah, so let's just say you're in public and you think fucker could go a water, don't want to go to the convenience or and pay for a bottle. I'm just going to go to this public thing that I can easily access water.
Speaker 4: What do you call that thing in public water?
Speaker 3: Oh, a bubbler? Thank you.
Speaker 4: They call it a drinking tap.
Speaker 3: Very literally. In Melbourne, I they are, they are.
Speaker 2: They may as well call shoes hard socks. They're that fucking literal. What else was there there was? Okay, let's just say you're going to school and on this particular day at school, in exchange for a gold coin donation, you are not required to wear your uniform. What do you call that day?
Speaker 3: It's mufty day, musty day. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yes, they call it free dress day. Very literal, yeah they are. But also it's not there's a gold coin donation, bitch, it's not for you. Last time, I I can't remember what else there was.
Speaker 3: That's funny, And now I've heard a couple of those.
Speaker 2: And that whole bit in my comedy show I had to actually ask. I had to speak to Petho here because he's from Melbourne and I know that he says all this shit that's incorrect, and I'm like, hey, give me a few examples so I can roast you on stage.
Speaker 3: Another thing I didn't even realize that Melbourne had a different accent to Sydney. There is a you can tell there's a different as.
Speaker 2: They can't even pronounce their own city. No, they say Melbourne Albert.
Speaker 3: The E letter in every word is pronounced a.
Speaker 4: Yeah, A cardinal George Pale yeah?
Speaker 3: Or oh, what are you gonna have a dinner? Let's check the menu. Oh, I haven't noticed that much, man Manu. Maybe they're talking about Manu Fidell from My Kitchen Rules. Who knows? Yeah, check them in thew Listen that Emma girl really burnt me out. I'm exhausted, you know when you like you just oh so point of no return.
Speaker 2: It was like being high for you then, because you went feral for a bit, like oh, in the time it took us before add breach to take it downstairs.
Speaker 4: You went feral, and now you're coming down.
Speaker 1: No, mm hmm, hope relody.
Speaker 4: All right, Well we can go.
Speaker 2: Jenna's all right, yeah, God, first time getting COVID, poor thing.
Speaker 3: She'll be fine.
Speaker 4: Should we call her and ask if she needs us to drop anything off?
Speaker 3: Now let's just wrap up the show and I we'll call her and so she can do her part.
Speaker 4: Oh, the synchronized bit. Yeah, you guys do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel compelled call her, but I feel compelled to ask her if she needs me to drop anything off while I'm here compelled. Yes, I do feel compelled. She must be going through hell. Darling wonder if her apartment has a rancid cat smell.
Speaker 3: Who Open Yourself Health? Hello, Hello, Jenna? Is this Jenna Benson speaking? Yes, this is Paul Tale from New Self Male's Health. How are you feeling. We understand you recently diagnosed with a coronavirus.
Speaker 7: Yes, that's true. I'm feeling a bit off. Yeah, I'm okay.
Speaker 3: Now we hear you work with the radio program Johnson and Amanda. I've researched the recent drop in their ratings. Would that be due to the fact that you're absent during coronavirus infection?
Speaker 7: Well, I actually went on.
Speaker 3: Delirium is a common symptom of false thoughts and lies. Generally can understand. Google your thoughts here and it says you have a net worth of over fourteen million. You don't actually fall into the category for public health and considering you have a service suite as your living quarters, service nothing we can actually offer you from the state government. However, Bronwin Bishop would luck to provide with a helicopter for private use.
Speaker 7: Are you so much?
Speaker 3: It's on its way now, so just let us know that it arrives.
Speaker 1: Please, thank you.
Speaker 7: I can't see it, I believe.
Speaker 3: I can hear it through the phone. You to you. There's anything else we can help you with today, Jenna, the pilot has just told me that you're getting on the plane. Is that correct?
Speaker 7: Correct? I'm walking on now.
Speaker 3: Good bye, Jenna. I was just getting quiet, of course, because she's leaving.
Speaker 2: Put it back on now, Jenna, Hello, do you know anything dropped off seeing as you're isolating?
Speaker 7: No, I've pretty much got everything I need.
Speaker 3: You've got your think you've got your vitamin C.
Speaker 7: Yes, I do. Actually I thought some ages ago when because I never got COVID, I've just had it sitting there, so now I can finally use it.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you doomsday prepped before you got COVID.
Speaker 3: That's really Jenna. What are your symptoms?
Speaker 7: Sore throat like, block to nose, hot and cold, croaky voice.
Speaker 3: You've vaccinated?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, and so you tested positive today, which means if you're doing a full seven days of isolation, you probably won't be here next week.
Speaker 3: Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Oh, we don't.
Speaker 7: We don't know that because.
Speaker 3: It's not with the law to do full seven days now, is it.
Speaker 7: No, But I could test negative before then, which I'm.
Speaker 6: Hoping to do.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, then we will see you next week.
Speaker 3: Also, Jenny, your rat test, we saw the image of it was really strong, like it was a red line.
Speaker 2: Which it was almost like she fudged it.
Speaker 3: Yes, and a ruler yeah, which makes me feel me.
Speaker 7: To film myself doing one.
Speaker 2: Save your energy, Jenna, No, you must really have it. Those are some fucking dense red lines on that rat test.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it came up.
Speaker 7: It came up instantly, like you know how the liquid goes up and the line just appeared.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what, Yeah, that happened to me too. How long did it take instantly? Yeah, that's what she did. Yes, going to take.
Speaker 7: Instantly?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So would you say it was instant?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'd say instant, like right.
Speaker 4: Away pretty much straight away.
Speaker 7: I'd say, I'd say yeah.
Speaker 3: To ask how long it took, you'd probably.
Speaker 7: Say I'd probably say instantly.
Speaker 2: Interesting, if you had to estimate a time in terms of seconds, was it just like right away?
Speaker 7: I'd say, like straight away.
Speaker 4: Don't even bother put the stop Watch down aushole. You don't need it.
Speaker 7: It was instant, yeah, right, just instantly, just straight away.
Speaker 3: Do you have a favorite variety of coffee? Jenna? What I wanted to just say instant. I didn't get that joke either.
Speaker 7: I got COVID break.
Speaker 3: It would have been great if she'd pick that up. And why did you take a test? We you Sniffley?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I just felt like I was like I had a little cold. I took one on the weekend as well, and I was fine and it was negative. And then I saw it last night. Oh I'm getting a bit of a fever. What's going on here? I was fine, and then this morning.
Speaker 4: You crash really quick.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it happens. It happened instantly.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, Jenna, even though you're feeling shit, we hope this podcast made you feel at least three percent better today.
Speaker 4: That's all. So what was that half speed?
Speaker 3: Shit? Can you try that again?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 6: Okay, one, so we don't we do?
Speaker 4: No give up?
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm getting COVID because can you hear how husky my voice is today?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Shit, it is pretty husky.
Speaker 4: Well, yes, we do. Hope it made you feel three percent better. We're out of here.
Speaker 3: We'll see you guys next week for our last episode for a little bit, because we'll be back. Don't worry. We'll have a two week break ish and then we'll come back straight after.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but hey, if you're missing us during that break.
Speaker 2: That break also coincides with this year's Melbourne Comedy Festival shows for me, so tickets on my Instagram go to the link of my buyer. Please if you want to come along in Melbourne, I'll see you there.
Speaker 3: I see him live or it will see you next week.
Speaker 5: My mam, is it just me podcast by a couple of mitches?
Speaker 1: Sure you've hit follow on your podcast app?
Speaker 7: Mm hmm