Speaker 1: Goody, gooday and welcome. We have a number of new podcast listeners to Roden Gaby versus the world. Hello, thanks for joining us. We know what you're here for. We'll get to it in just a second, of course. In the podcast today all the news from around Canberra, Australia in the world. We'll go inside Blues Camp State of Origin. Game two. Tonight is the eve. Tomorrow is the game. Yeah, in Perth, Blues are looking good. We'll cross to Perth with the Star of the Camber Raiders, HUDs and Young and a stack of by the stuff that's happening. But I know that if you've joined us for the first time on the podcast, you probably want to win a new cart.
Speaker 2: We know why you're here, so let's just get straight to it, shall we.
Speaker 1: All right, you'd like to hear the snippets of theme songs from iconic films, TV shows or a video game which has been revealed as Mario Kart and the pop culture cars from all those themes. Obviously the cart from Mario Cup. We don't know the actual spot in the lineup yet.
Speaker 2: That's a very good point and I feel like we shouldn't give away any more hints because it's easier.
Speaker 1: It could not be. You're right, I've said too much. This is pretty much going to give it away. And here it is. Where now, if you're a regular podcast listener and you don't listen to us on hit one four point seven, you're absolutely asking what the hell's going on here? And that's a game we've been playing for a couple of weeks. And thanks to National Capital Suzuki here in Canberra, if that is put in the right order, identifying song, theme and iconic car from pop culture history in order all fifteen, we're giving that car away to a lucky listener tomorrow morning. So that's Wednesday, the eighteenth of June on h four point seventy.
Speaker 2: En, So listen as many times as you want, write them all down and put us in the speed dark because I think that's gonna be a bit of competition for the phone lines.
Speaker 1: All right, So much stuff in tonight's podcast, So much stuff in today's podcast. Let's get to it. What is the charge? Eating a meal?
Speaker 3: Suculent Chinese?
Speaker 1: What's a procedure?
Speaker 4: This is Roden Gabby versus the World?
Speaker 1: Testing? Are we on Gabrielle Morning? Sounds good? Darcy. Hello, Oh he's bad. Good morning, Ribby. You're joining us from across the greatest city in the world. Darcy. Just listening to your very resonant voice this morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, more than usual apparently.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling?
Speaker 3: Maybe like it wasn't really I'm not feeling under the weather, but maybe it is a little bit low than usual.
Speaker 1: Look into Darcy's eyes. How does he look?
Speaker 2: It looks fun.
Speaker 1: Dr Gabbie's giving you the clean bill of hell. What you get up to last night? You're a young bloke.
Speaker 3: Yesterday? What did you do yesterday? I was moving out of my house day Yeah, I get that.
Speaker 1: So are you crashing in the meantime?
Speaker 3: I'm just subletting with a friend that's gone away.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, okay, story checks out.
Speaker 2: What an investigation? Well, you know, you'd be a terrible interrogator.
Speaker 1: Or would I be fantastic?
Speaker 2: Well, you got nothing.
Speaker 1: So this day the case is open case. I haven't declared case closed. I mean when I turned up to investigate and I start playing the accompanying theme music of what I'm up to in this case, what version of the theme is?
Speaker 2: It sounds like a country practice or something like.
Speaker 1: It's old this is the worst version of the theme. You were off the hook as soon as I played the wrong version of THEA.
Speaker 3: And now you're in question.
Speaker 1: Here we are, that's that's where were you on the night of the fifteenth sixteen? You're done, all right. This is just a quick warning for anyone who uses a laptop at work today. If you're arriving on site and you don't have to manage this sort of nonsense, half your like Gabby's Gabby nearly burned a hole through the desk yesterday.
Speaker 2: Let don't know what was going on the problem. My computer got so hot that you know when you get a really hot coffee and you have to keep swapping hands because it starts burning your fingers. I was doing that with my laptop. It was that hot.
Speaker 1: It is drama, strama, dramatic.
Speaker 2: But I also had another issue with my computer yesterday that I was so ashamed of. I didn't raise it at the time, but I'm trying to figure out I'm trying to do stuff with my computer and I couldn't think the mouse wasn't working. What are you trying to find now? Absolutely dramatic distraction, Go ahead. I was anyway, my computer. It was like it had logged in and they were controlling my mouse and I wasn't able to which is they do sometimes so they normally asked permission, but I could not figure out why my computer was acting so funny. I had packed up my desk and I had put my mouse. I've got like a wireless mouse, and I had put it in my pocket to take back to my desk from the studio. And because it was in my pocket, it was still activated and it was still controlling the mouse while I was trying to use the laptop mousepad, and I'm like, why is the mouse not do anyone has to be doing? Meanwhile, the mouse in my pocket was still doing its thing. So I had two mouses just fighting each other.
Speaker 1: Help ticket with.
Speaker 2: Thank god, But I was so ashamed at the time. I'm like, don't anyone, don't just spook away. But I had to sell you.
Speaker 1: You got it. You can't pretend that didn't happen. And it's a public service.
Speaker 2: Announ turn your mouth off before putting it back in your pocket.
Speaker 1: There you go, good tip. All right, you'll hear about that in the news.
Speaker 4: Are out the morning with Darcy versus the World.
Speaker 1: This is one thing Gabby is very good at. It's dispensing life of aye.
Speaker 2: Sometimes helpful, sometimes not so much. But if you're in the market for a new job, this might be super helpful for you.
Speaker 1: What a note to start the shove on.
Speaker 2: Well, if you're up early applying and getting a CV, sort of stop because you need this advice first.
Speaker 1: If you're up early and you're going, I could use a job that starts at a far more reasonable time.
Speaker 2: Gabby's here, Yeah, and I found out something last night that really made sense, but I'd never thought of before. Right, So, when you do your CV and your cover letter, your resume and cover letter for a new job, often applying for fifty thousand different jobs because you just want one, you get a bit lazy and you don't update it as much as you should to make it really current for that particular position, targeted role exactly, and you're going to get caught out. In this day and age of AI, so a lot of employers now are getting their bunches of resumes that come through, whether it's ten, whether it's fifty, whether it's one hundred, and they run it through the AI machine and AI tells them which ones actually reference those key role requirements that they've listed in their ads. So if you're not making your resume match the ad of the job, then you're just going to be cast out before you've even had a look in. Like the human eyes don't even touch your resume because AI goes well, they haven't adjusted the resume to be specific to this role, haven't targeted this requirement that we've put out there, So see you later.
Speaker 1: There's a new name to this segment. It's Gabby's statements up the up. If there's role requirements in a job that's being advertised, and.
Speaker 2: But maybe you can address them, but you need to say those specific words. So like you know, they could say to you you need to have good communication, and you could say in your resume that you've got I talk real good exactly, and they're going to be like, you're out just quickly.
Speaker 1: Everyone's going to click on this on this story today, there's a headline that I just guarantee you see it. You've got to click it. It reads health watch dog Warren's public about suspended dentist.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm got to click on that.
Speaker 1: I love my dentist, but you've got to click it to go che it is a guard.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Not if your guys actually he's from w A. Let's go to Chelsea in the producer booth for the first time. Good morning, Chelsea, good morning.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you the name of the suspended dentist. And by the way, as the Bush capital, we know what it's like to live in a big country town and that's what Perth is. I mean, it's a it's a you know, big country town of two million people, but it's a big country town. Nevertheless, your guy, sorry, the guy's name, hoping it's not your guy is suspended dentist doctor maybe not Peter Pursey, no related good okay, excellent, Hopefully you're not waking after the news that that's your doctor and that he's fled here. We have no no information. He hasn't come here as far as we as far as we know, and if he does, we're on to him, and so as the rest of Australia. There's so there's a there's a guy in a high his his jacket. He's going viral today.
Speaker 2: He's not a vest and it's a jumps a.
Speaker 1: Guy to hive his jacket, hip of his jacket he's you'll see him when you when you're on the scroll today on the socials, and some blokes secretly filmed him. And I don't like people secretly filming, but this guy, I'm glad that he was secretly filmed. And so he's going he's gone over to the register after he's had his haircut, and it's hard to tell from the back of his head, but I'm guessing he's in the mid thirties. He's wearing high viers, so he knows how to do stuff with his manual laborer and he just is speaking with the guy's just cut his hair.
Speaker 2: It's not straight.
Speaker 1: It's a little hard to make out, but with the Morse code in the beef, so I think you can hear he's not pleased with the haircuts.
Speaker 2: Straight.
Speaker 1: Did he go in and ask for a nineteen eighties flat top.
Speaker 2: Put a level on it? It's not straight?
Speaker 1: Yes? Really? Really? Will there be the complaint it's not straight?
Speaker 2: Sometimes they do the hairline at the front these days, where they make it like really straight across the head, so there's no window's peak, like they're just straight across. Okay, maybe that's what he's talking about.
Speaker 1: Anyway, The barber offered to let him leave without charging. The barber said, you clearly.
Speaker 2: Just supposed to get rid of him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you clearly blowing up de lux. And I've got people sitting here and you know they're going to leave in a hurry if they want a straight haircut. I don't do. He doesn't say anything. He just says, listen, you don't have to pay, and so old mate, you might have heard through there said quote, hurry up, I'm paying for the effing thing. You did your job just not well no, and then just continue to get stuck into him because it wasn't straight anyway. So the responses on the video that was posted are quote, good bloke, he's an't happy, but still paid. What's the issue. Here's another quote, he didn't like how it was cut, but still paid. He's a good guy.
Speaker 2: What end he's been very aggressive?
Speaker 1: Third quote, he's a great bloke for doing that. They did do the job, but they did it wrong, so he paid for it and left.
Speaker 2: What is wrong with people? He was being so aggressive? There's no good bloke about it. When you give when you love to give feedback. So if your haircut wasn't straight and you were giving feedback. You wouldn't be aggressive and swearing and having to be beat down every two seconds like that.
Speaker 1: I know, but I'm not a massive bogan, you know.
Speaker 4: No God and Gabby versus.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the I'm not sure where he's from. He's the world record holder in the pole vault, and the question is being asked, if you're that good at breaking the world record, why not go really hard and just smash the hell out of it instead of him breaking it twelve centimeters one sorry, twelve times one centimeter at a time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you've got to like just take it by small increments, right, You don't want to go too hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But the whole thing is he did it twelve times when he could have just done it once at the peak. But anyway, it's Sweden's armand duplantis.
Speaker 2: Aha Armand if I had the choice of getting twelve world records or one, I'm going to get twelve.
Speaker 1: Well you are cut from the same cloth as where's he from? Sweden?
Speaker 3: Sweden?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, and he is the greatest pole vaulter in the world and.
Speaker 6: History he must here he goes, I yes, it should be the record pretty more.
Speaker 1: It's another world record that's his twelfth to one. And he's smarter than everyone because the rules are at these these international athletic events, if you break a world record, you get one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: He's not gotten twelve.
Speaker 1: You can only get the one hundred thousand dollars once per meet, right, and so he could go high.
Speaker 2: So every meet he goes to send me to higher.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 2: He's so smart. Yes, a legend, of course you do that. He knows what he's doing.
Speaker 1: One point two million dollars. He could have just gone once and just got on.
Speaker 2: He's a businessman, he gets it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, genius. I did not even know that.
Speaker 1: So not only is he the greatest pole vaulter in history, he's smarter man, one of the creators of the business.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know whether or not this is a conspiracy theory or not. I don't know whether or not you'd like our produce Chelsea to join us for this conversation. However, you're going to reveal the real reason Chelsea and her man Jared moved to Canberra. Well, Chelsea's just coming.
Speaker 2: She's like, I'm not gonna let you be having this conversation without me.
Speaker 1: Maybe it is the right reason, but also maybe it's lies. Good morning, Chelsea.
Speaker 2: Morning morning. You've definitely got an ulterior motive. I can see straight through you. Chelsea and her partner Jared moved here from Perth how many months ago? Now?
Speaker 8: Three months?
Speaker 1: Wow? Thank you? Did you say a thirsty and yeah? It's no and a Thirstrey It's it's the anniversary that I share with Jonathan Thurston in the day we met lovely Yeah, and hates it nursery.
Speaker 2: Well, anyway, I've seen this article today and I'm like, we're gonna loseer. Chelsea and Charity are gonna move back to w A.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be so mad if this is half true.
Speaker 2: But I reckon you moved here because WA all of a sudden offering construction workers ten thousand dollars to move to WA because they're so short staffed on trade's.
Speaker 1: And if you leave, then you can move back and get the tenherd dollars. Why are you even saying this?
Speaker 2: And your partner's are trading and he does glass construction sites Nea Glass. I'm like, that's why they've come here. They've come here to pretend like they're from the Act so that when they apply for this ten thousand dollars to move back to birth. They get it. Although the only hole in this potential plan of yours is that it costs ten thousand dollars to move halfway across Australia and back.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is true, you actually moved to Denman Prospect. It's actually fifteen. This is a cast negative if you move back, mate, You've got.
Speaker 4: To start versus the world.
Speaker 1: Does even us? In a moment? Could Will Smith land the biggest role of his career, which is extraordinary to think, But I said it. It's fine for me. Not everyone agrees for me. Enough time has passed since the slab, since the incident. I feel like he has he's he's sorry and and Chris Rock's made a mint out of it with the comedy specials on Netflix. You know, he's turned the negative into a positive. So play on you.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think it's just about Chris Rock though. It's about the the behavior that you're like, you're letting other people think that that's okay.
Speaker 1: Not at all.
Speaker 2: No, No, no, you're not. Will Smith is by doing that as a role model. He is, he's said present. I know he said that, but.
Speaker 1: He's Okay, no one thinks it's okay. Well it's fine.
Speaker 2: It's not fine, it's not if a whole Okay, Chelsea, welcome back.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Did I hear you scored the quote biggest bargain of your entire life? End quote?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Well it wasn't me, it was Jared.
Speaker 9: But I was there, and because I went into a bit of a Karen mode, I was like, you're going back like kind of things.
Speaker 1: You need to tell ye. Okay, so your man has found the biggest bargain and walked away from him. Yeah.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 9: So we went shopping on Friday night in Civic and just needed like some more winter clothes from Perth obviously have no winter clothes, and Jared wanted a puff of vest. So we went into General Pants and they had a nice one there, and he saw it online first and online it was discounted to eighty dollars and we were like, okay, that's good for like a puffer vest. And then we got there he paid for it one hundred and twenty dollars.
Speaker 1: That's not right.
Speaker 8: I was like, what, no, go back. He paid for it and we walked down.
Speaker 1: So you'd rung up and he patted because you do it sometimes when you're not paying with cash, you just tap and yeah split.
Speaker 8: And he just like won't say anything.
Speaker 1: Oh he knew.
Speaker 9: Like, so it was like I was standing back a bit while he was paying for it, and then when we walked out, he looked at the receipt and he was like, I did pay one hundred and twenty dollars for that, And I was.
Speaker 1: Like, no, he's a nice guy. Though he is, he's not trying to start anything.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 9: So then I was like, just go back and say, like, because I used to work in retail, so I know that like when something online is discounted, the store should price match. Yeah, of course, yeah, unless it says online exclusive.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 8: But this didn't.
Speaker 1: This is a price match with another story, by the.
Speaker 8: Ways, their own store, our own store.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So I was like, just go back eighty bucks, like you're getting like a good what forty dollars back?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 9: If he was like if it was five bucks or something, probably wouldn't go back.
Speaker 1: I would. But I always say, you know, would you cross the street to pick a two dollar coin up if you knew it was on the footpath? Yes, And so for you, Gab, would you give me the face. Who's a long way to go?
Speaker 2: It was like Northbourne, Nah, but if it was like a country road that was deserted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right. Northbourne is an extreme example, a crazy example. This is forty bucks. She's going to go back into General Pans. Yeah, the road, so go on.
Speaker 8: Keep in mind the time nearly nine o'clock.
Speaker 9: So I would say we walked in there at about eight thirty, paid, and now it was probably about eight forty five, eight fifty so near the store's nearly closed. And then the guy we go up back up to the counter and Jared's like, oh, this is online for eighty bucks. I'm just wondering if it could be price matched and we can get it for that price. And he was like yeah, yeah, no worries, like usually we don't do this, blah blah blah. And there's no one else in the store, like it's not taking up any any of his time to give us like the money back. Anyway, they were standing there for ages. I was standing back. I was like, what's going on? And then I'll just I thought this guy didn't know how to do like the transaction promptly, like the refund properly. And then we walked out and I was like, so did you get the refund?
Speaker 8: And Jared's like, he just gave it to me for forty bucks.
Speaker 2: Instead of giving him forty dollars back.
Speaker 9: So he rebunded the whole one twenty and then I don't know what had happened. I think he got a bit confused, but then he just made Jared pay forty dollars.
Speaker 2: What a bargain.
Speaker 1: This just in though, that guy now has to cross the road to get his coffy bucks back. He'll be at the door in the mir In the meantime, Darcy could will Smith be about to land the biggest role of his career, which is incredible in the context of, you know, where his career is at.
Speaker 3: I didn't know they were actually making a movie about Barack Obama, but he said he would be willing to play the role.
Speaker 1: I think any actor worth the assault would be willing to play the role.
Speaker 2: I watched that movie.
Speaker 1: Well, he's done an incredible job obviously as playing the father of Venus and Serena Williams. Speaking about roles where you know he's he's it's a biopic sorts.
Speaker 2: He haven't seen it. I desperately want to.
Speaker 1: The timing was terrible. It was terrible because he won the award on the same night that he canceled himself. But we've come out the other I've come out the other side, Gabbie, you're ready to watch it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm ready to watch it.
Speaker 1: Okay, we've worked through will Smith trauma and.
Speaker 2: Very very slowly coming around right.
Speaker 1: And he was he was fantastic because Muhammad Ali, I don't think I've.
Speaker 2: Seen that one.
Speaker 1: She was good. Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 2: In Wild Wild West.
Speaker 1: He was very good in Wild Wild West. I like that and I liked that song, and I like the ride at Warner Brothers Movie World and.
Speaker 2: In Black though that has to be.
Speaker 1: Top of the Well, that's good too. He's very good. Darcy So Barack Obama, Well, slam dunk, let's go.
Speaker 3: I guess so, I don't know, sign him up.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: I think he needs to definitely focus on the acting side of his career because he has released a song. He actually released this video on Saturday, and it has not done very well, considering he's got ten million subscribers on YouTube and the people who have watched it are not giving it a very good rap, like if it was a five star rating. He's got to be toward the twos. So I've got it for you, Rod. It's a new song. It's called Pretty Girls, and I just want you to defend this. Being the Will Smith supporter.
Speaker 1: You are, I'll defend it. We will see big, big fan of Big will.
Speaker 5: Have a look all the pretty girls. Put your drink, get you anything you think, think like bb yells. That's that all bank, Mother than your club all night. In a section picture perfect, I swear you perfection.
Speaker 3: I like you, you, you and your complexion.
Speaker 1: What's the problem to me?
Speaker 2: It's terrible. The chorus is on its way and it's just as bad.
Speaker 1: I love pretty girls. He supports women.
Speaker 2: He supports the facade of women. Sure, yeah, it's just it's a crap song. It's terrible lyrics, it's a bad message. I just I'm just not about it.
Speaker 1: That's the feeling I get with Beyonce's put a ring on it. Everyone loves the song. Everyone things it's the greatest song, such a message. It's so good, and so I quickly grabbed the lyrics. Given you repeat it? Given you mentioned the repetitiveness of a song, which leads to its uselessness.
Speaker 2: That's not the only thing that was wrong with it.
Speaker 1: Continue quote, because if you like it, then you should have put a ring on it. If you like it, then you should have put a ring on it. Don't be mad once you see that he won it, because if you like it, then you should have put a ring on it.
Speaker 2: It was fast, it was snappy, it was to a great tune, and it was dance worthy, Will Smith. It wasn't fast, it wasn't snappy, it wasn't dance worth. It was a terrible.
Speaker 1: Message danced the will before I danced to that awful Beyonce song. All Right, I think I've successfully ostracized myself and everybody and only no one's going.
Speaker 4: You've nailed it versus the world.
Speaker 1: Farmer Wants a Wife still on. I thought it was finished now if.
Speaker 2: You hadn't already made me mad, this dick, and now I'm even more mad. So this morning Chelsea and I were talking about Farmer Wants a Wife because I got really mad last night when I put Farmer Wants a Wife on, thinking it was the reunion, like we're done and dusted, let's wrap this up in a bow and move on, and I put it on. No two of the farmers. I called him Cody. His name's Corey. I don't know. That's how invested I've been in this entire season, So.
Speaker 1: You've watched it the whole time, but.
Speaker 2: I had not paid any intention because I've been that disinterested. So Farmer Cory and Farmer Jack still had to pick who they were ending up with. I went to bed before the end of the show last night because I was so mad at it and bored with it. Turns out only one of the farmers ended up doing the whole picking thing, and Corey still has to do it tonight, so tonight is still not going to be the reunion. So then Chelsea and I was sitting there, We're like, okay, but Dancing with the Stars has started on seven of a Sunday night, so they can't do the reunion on Sunday. And then we found out that honey Stranded on Honeymoon Island starts on Monday. Yes, so I was like, when are they going to do this reunion special? Like I have begrudgingly watched this entire season, it has dragged me through it because it's been so crappy.
Speaker 1: Who's Farmer Rory gonna.
Speaker 2: Choose exactly, don't care, but I want the reunion. That's the only episode that is any kind of enjoyable.
Speaker 1: Chelsea just corrected me. In my ear it's Farmer.
Speaker 2: Cory and not Raw whatever. No one cares.
Speaker 1: You didn't even care.
Speaker 2: No one cares.
Speaker 1: You didn't even correct me, And thank you Producing Jersey.
Speaker 2: So I've just been waiting and seven have seen me waiting, and they've just stuck the knife in my back.
Speaker 1: I've just got the I've got the press release.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: He will the final reveal will be on their Facebook page.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's happening. So the final reveals happening tonight for him, and some wedding of some farmers past is happening tonight as well, exactly. So I had to pull out the ye old TV guide and trawl through it to try to figure that out. Because it's been teased. I know it's happening. I know it's coming. They're putting it Monday night at nine pm. So Stranded on Honeymoon Island starts on Monday night and they're playing that from the normal hour of seven point thirty, and the Farmer Reunion's going after that. Staying awake for that.
Speaker 1: Channel, which channel is set seven? Channel seven? By doing this said well we've given up on it. You're more committed than Channel seven at this stage.
Speaker 2: Well sorry, guys, but you will be getting the recap of the reunion a day late because I'm not staying there. No, well, they be watching it on seven plus or whatever.
Speaker 1: They are you an apology, but they're lucky I'm watching it at all. They're not even watching it. Seven's awake at that time. Clickbait connoissewer. Before we catch up with Darcy in the newsroom.
Speaker 2: This one's part of me where they get confused on the internet.
Speaker 3: I'll just like you, it's a bit confusing. I can't really get it anymore.
Speaker 2: Maybe what even is a TikTok clickbait has tricked to sow watch me click or watch me scroll?
Speaker 1: Do you like click that clickbait?
Speaker 2: Or am I getting troll? You choosing? It's up to you, confused, and that's the test for you.
Speaker 1: Wherever you're listening, maybe you're traveling, maybe you're at work, or you're still at home. You can decide and whether or not you would click this headline. The danger if you're not a clickbait connoisseurage click and then you're disappointed and you're let down. And that's that's a curse of really all news media these days, certainly online, and.
Speaker 2: It happens to us all the time constantly.
Speaker 1: Or would you click this one headline the picture of Lewis Hamilton next to the headline the statistical greatest of all time Formula one drive headline Hamilton devastated after on track death.
Speaker 2: Yes, don't click that, you gotta click absolutely, bearing in.
Speaker 1: Mind we are only twenty four hours removed from the headline We clicked on that said America's got talent performers dies on.
Speaker 2: Stage and it ended up being a robot at.
Speaker 1: Malfunction and so technically it was correct. It absolutely was correct.
Speaker 2: So how could there be a death on the Formula One without us knowing about it?
Speaker 1: Though Hamilton devastated after on track death? Well they have, you know, they have other categories of car races before the Formula One and tragically, from time to time something can go wrong. All right, you say, and click on it, okay, and we click through and we get a video of Lewis Hamilton after the race speaking about the on track death at the press. You know thing that they make them do.
Speaker 12: Afterwards, I was feeling optimistic and then I didn't see it happened, But obviously I heard I hit a groundhog. So that's devastating. So like, I love animals, and I'm so I'm so sad about it.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of noise, but I just repeat, I didn't see it, and then I hit a groundhog. I love animals. That's horrible.
Speaker 12: That's never happened to me here before.
Speaker 2: So he's so sad.
Speaker 1: He's genuinely quite emotional.
Speaker 2: Really upset. So this little groundhog ran onto the track going as fast as they go. You literally wouldn't see it, would you. Like, it would just be and you'd be like, oh my god, what was that? Yeah, so it's a groundhogs, Like what the size of a possum.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So anyone who has Lewis Hamilton visiting, particularly if you're you know, in Bungandor and you're doing the drive into town, don't let him drive the gangaroos. Ah, this is his worst night.
Speaker 2: It happened to me one time. I was driving with a girl from Canberra and we're driving back from Sydney and she hit a rabbit and she was crying and shaking, and she was so upset and I didn't know how to comfort that.
Speaker 1: Don't live in camera. This is like any trip down the.
Speaker 4: Shop versus the world.
Speaker 1: Speak of Darcy today, World Crocodile Day. What does that mean for us in a spot like the Bush Capital where we don't have a lot of crocodiles or any at that time?
Speaker 2: Well, there's no Are they alligators at the zoom?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 2: I think they're all the gators.
Speaker 3: I think they're crocodiles, because, as this story does say, it is a crocodile.
Speaker 1: We had a crocodile brought in the other day, of course at the Reptile Place. Yeah, that's right, as it's known, the Gold Creek Reptile Place has them.
Speaker 3: Yes, well exactly so Canberra's reptiles. It is holding a bunch of fundraising events for World of Crocodile Day, enough to raise funds to send home local legend Chopper. Oh, that's Roight's a five meters saltwater cross. Too big and he's grown up and now he needs to go back home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when they get too big, they have to have a special license.
Speaker 1: To keep the big boys. And so we go and especially enclosure. Well he goes back into the wild, which means we're going to see him at the Brisbane twenty thirty two Olet backs.
Speaker 2: Take him to Rockhampton. Let's go put him in there and train him up to chase the canoeists so that they go real fast.
Speaker 1: Correct. We were covering this yesterday and I can see that Channel seven has been running it once again. The Queensland Premieer came out after we reported the Prime Minister yesterday saying that's all right, well we've got a good cup. What is it. It's a rowing place in Penrith, Penrith.
Speaker 2: We're not going to Penrith made it's a Queensland Olympics.
Speaker 1: That's what the Queensland Premier said. He's the report.
Speaker 10: So the Premier said that we are going to deliver this promise even though some people or maybe crocodiles are trying to undermine it. What we know is that he's doubling down on his plans to keep the rowing in Rocky for the twenty thirty two Games. And that's regardless of the outcome of the World Rowing Boss going there and undertaking some technical assessments.
Speaker 2: Here, I'm saying it in his own words.
Speaker 14: And as for that facility, that stretch of the river, it has been used for many many decades. It's been used safely, it's been used effectively, and it's going to be used on the world stage exactly as we said.
Speaker 2: It would be good on him.
Speaker 1: And so the Canberra Crocodile Chopper will be representing the aces at the two Brisbane Olympics. That's what I'm here. I like it, what a great international crocodile Day. Dancing with the Stars kicked off a couple of nights ago, and you were described by your husband as quote evil.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was watching it on Sunday night, which is the first episode of this season, and it was all of the guys doing their first dance and showing us what they've got. Michael Usher, the news anchor that we said was the everyday guy who was representing us.
Speaker 1: You need the everyday guy.
Speaker 2: He was great. They actually are saying he's the guy that might potentially win it because he actually got probably the highest score of the night.
Speaker 1: Oh he's the dark horse.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He did one of the traditional dances, though he did like one of the ballroom styles. So when he has to do the church out or the jive. That might be the equalizer. Yeah, you know he might. He might be good at the traditional, but maybe not as quick on his feet. We'll see. But the one that I want to talk about is Susie O'Neil, the beautiful swimmer. She's absolutely fabulous. She's great in the pool, she's got golds everywhere. She's one of the dancers. And we always say that I'm no nonsense. And there's a judge on the panel by the name of Craig who's also no nonsense, and I really relate to this guy, but he is the villain of the show.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: When I watch you Dancing with the Stars, I'm pretty brutal. I used to do Latin ballroom dancing, so I judge harshly. I judge very, very harshly.
Speaker 1: This is like when your husband is a train watches the block exactly.
Speaker 2: If you see someone doing your your area of expertise, you're a very harsh judge. And so that's me. So Susie O'Neil got out on the dance floor and I love her, and everyone loves her, Australia loves her. And the judge she was terrible. She was really bad. I do have a video there if you want. It was really bad. Let's have a look at the video so that you can have a little bit of an understanding of what we're talking about. When we get into the judges feedback.
Speaker 1: I refuse to suggest that Susie O'Neil was anything other than amazing.
Speaker 2: Neil heads up the stairs to the skybus. But here she is though performers, and her partner Leo was suitor.
Speaker 1: She's turns out she doesn't have a dance. That's but it doesn't it doesn't change the fact we all love her. We love Susie.
Speaker 2: You look how scared she looked too, like poor women, very much out of her comfort zone.
Speaker 1: Well, she dances better than me, I can tell you that.
Speaker 2: Well, the judges were saying, we're very similar to you in saying, okay, stuff to work on, but we all love you. Some examples of what the judges were saying are here for you. So number one was a guy named Mark who was giving a little bit of feedback.
Speaker 1: Wow, Susie, the fact that you said yes to this is so brave. I'm just so happy for you.
Speaker 2: Alright, Mark, let's see what Shanna has to say.
Speaker 15: Your presence on this show is inspiring so many people in Australia to do the thing that's hard to do, the thing that's uncomfortable. And in the process, while you're showing people they can do anything, you're going to learn how much you're capable of more fluff.
Speaker 2: So I'm sitting there like, okay, go one. Guys, tell the truth.
Speaker 1: They're wise words, So the truth.
Speaker 2: And so my husband at the time is sitting at his computer with his headphones on, and the other judge by the name of Craig, who will play in just a second, he had his feedback and I started laughing, and my husband took his headphones off and went, why have you got your evil cackle going on? And so the evil cackle came when Craig decided to tell it how it actually is. Have a listen.
Speaker 12: You better hope Australia love you, darling, because that was bloody.
Speaker 1: It was stompy. It was also pigeon toad. It was very heavy posture, wasn't there. It was hunched. Oh dearn. He knows what he's there to do and I love him for her. Someone's got it. Someone's got to be that guy.
Speaker 2: You've got to be that guy. She gets constructive criticism so that she gets better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, advice, advice for anyone who might be listening or who I'm looking directly at. You don't have to be that guy. That guy has to be that guy. That guy is paid to be that guy. That guy's not welcome in the real world. But I'm stilling to just anybody's entertainer though it's it's.
Speaker 4: A Gabby versus the world.
Speaker 1: Gleam Neeson one of the most famous hard men, serious actors, tough guys in cinema history. Not a muscle bound maniact just an amazing actor. And so when he's he's in a scene without another human being, he's just on a phone and people stop.
Speaker 7: I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for a rounsom, I can tell you I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired her for a very long career, skills to make me a ma.
Speaker 3: People like you.
Speaker 2: Excuse me. I love him in love actually too well.
Speaker 1: People say they love him now. In the film that he's about he starts in it is about to be released. In the eighties, there was a series of films with one of the great comedic actors in history, Leslie Nielsen. It was called the Naked Gun Series. And they've remade it or they just made another one.
Speaker 2: It's a sequel, right, that's it.
Speaker 1: So Leslie Nielsen passed away years ago and playing the role of Frank Rebin Leslie Nielsen's character, Frank Krebham Junr is Liam Neeson, the most serious actor in all of Hollywood, and the trailers just dropped. Shall we take a quick look a minute of it here? That's how that most serious actor Hollywood goes in one of history's great you know, comedy film franchises, Who are You.
Speaker 7: Dreven Detective Frank Dreban Thanks.
Speaker 2: He's driving and someone hands y but coming through the window.
Speaker 1: It's classic slapstick but straight away, he's playing this straight. And this is exactly what Leslie Nielsen, the previous actor in this role did, just plays it straight. As a strata.
Speaker 8: At least one has always been the elite of the elite.
Speaker 1: Okay, So he's on his knees in front of the photo of the original Frank Rerebman. The ones that's famous from the eight and it's on the wall of the police station obviously, and he's just talking to that photo. People have those moments stone love you, hey Dad? Okay. Now the police chief photo is up there from the original Ladies version, and the character who I assume is the new police chief is on the floor, yes, next to Liam Neeson saying he loves him to the photo as well. And then it cuts to a shot of the entire police force all looking at different photos on the walls of what must have been their original characters in the old series, and they're crying and telling them they love them. Oh okay, so one of the original leads was O. J. Simpson. Oh really, and his son is on his knees looking at the photo of Nordberg, the character that O. J. Simpson used to play. Let's see if he says I love you?
Speaker 13: Is it?
Speaker 2: That's funny?
Speaker 1: Already?
Speaker 2: I need to see this movie.
Speaker 1: I saw Ricky Stewart crossing the road yesterday, sure did.
Speaker 2: I was just driving through Braddon and I saw a couple of the Raiders like training uniforms. You know, therese really nice track suits they have that we saw when they're in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Oh that's emerald green.
Speaker 2: It's such a good color. And I was just really looking at those track suits thinking I really need to buy one, and Ricky and I'm like, ah, there he is.
Speaker 1: It's a win for you and the Jerseys Mega store. Darcy. What's the mail? What was going on over.
Speaker 3: There at the Raiders headquarters? Yeah? So Jed Stewart, Ricky's son will make his debut against the Tigers this weekend at GAO.
Speaker 1: Congratulations Jed.
Speaker 2: That's a big deal, clear esque, isn't it having your dad your coach?
Speaker 1: What is a number of coaches with sons or ex coaches with sons in the in the comp.
Speaker 2: You have gone having your dad as your coach.
Speaker 1: Fine, if you get picking me, I don't think.
Speaker 2: I would have coached. I'd be talking back too much.
Speaker 3: My dad was coach for my local footy team growing up for six years and it was tough, but it was really good. I would say, all in all positive experience.
Speaker 1: What age? What age you know, like under fifteen or.
Speaker 3: Like under thirteen's to like almost the finish, like.
Speaker 2: Through your teenage years, at the most volatile moments of a child's life.
Speaker 3: There's definitely some stories here.
Speaker 1: We are admiring Darcy's old man for tapping it out, you know, managing wild teenage boys. Meanwhile, Ricky Stewart's managed to get his young fellow right the way through to the highest grade. By the way, jeds one who's applied himself, So congratulations the family. That's a really big deal. Quickly before we get to Hudson Young, who was inside Blues Camp ratest to Hudson Young in just a second on the eve of game two for State of Origin Act schools, the budget leaks continued Darcy, what do we get?
Speaker 3: So there's an extra six hundred thousand dollars going towards the Education Equity Fund, which will allow a thousand more students to go on excursions or just have the basic necessities for school, which is obviously really good.
Speaker 1: Where are we going? I mean, this is the thing, all our things a year we go, now go wherever we want. We go to Sydney occasionally.
Speaker 2: But generally Wonderland a few times, but obviously that's not an option anymore.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you I went? I went. Look at the start of December last year, I was on the Gold Coast and so I went to the theme part. I went to Wet and Wild. Well it was a last week at Queensland School. They're all there and so they went on excursions to win. What I go, what are you learning?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we went to Wonderland for science because you know, we had to do a sheet on speed and velocity or something of roller coasters. It was like a real nominal sheet of quick like little thing we did on the bus on the way home. But that was a treat. I went to want to at a few times on different excursions.
Speaker 1: Water slide velocity. I didn't realize that, trust me, they didn't realize they were measuring that.
Speaker 4: Even versus the world.
Speaker 1: I mentioned after the fantastic game, the incredible turnout and another win when Big Pappa played his record breaking game for the Green Machine, that it was an emotional time. Afterwards, Ricky Stewart looked emotional, the players were emotional. And I had a number of people message me after they were listening to the Triple M coverage in other cities around Australia. They said, Hudson young was so in the moment that he absolutely forgot he was on the radio. Hudson Youngest just joined uscore. He will find out about his injury and talk about the day Nick Chris Standard you yeah, mate, what a day, Just what a day, full stop. Yes, it's huge, made the build up more.
Speaker 13: Weeks means such a great week to come out and turn.
Speaker 1: This on for one of our best mates here in camera means so much. For everyone that turned up and brave the cold.
Speaker 13: We were so grateful and thankful to have the best fans.
Speaker 1: In the cold one for here. Yeah. And by the way, if there's ever a time you're going to forget where you are, that's the time, Hudson Young getto mate, good morning, we're very well.
Speaker 2: We've got the beat machine ready.
Speaker 1: Well, when you know you're on the radio, it's a different thing. But you're surrounded by footy players, you've just played footy, you're covered in blood and sweat. You forgot where you were for a moment. But that was an emotional game, wasn't it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, one hundred It was an emotional week with Big Poppa breaking the all time record. But I think that's the first time I've ever swore on radio or TV. So yeah, like you said, I was just in the moment and he means so much of the club and to all US players.
Speaker 1: I could tell that you were lost in the moment. You just swore, and then you corrected yourself by swearing a second time, which is the funniest way to do it. It's been, you know, an emotional time, I imagine, and you're away because we're crossing to you now in state of Origin Bluescamp Earth. Right, Oh yeah, this is that explains the delay. You're on the other side of the world. Ricky Stewart's young fellow got the call up yesterday. That would mean a lot to the club, wouldn't it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, one hundred percent. I feel like Jed it's been a big part of our squad for a couple of years now, and he's always been one of the best trainers and he's been playing really well in reserve grades. So yeah, I'm really happy for him to come and get his shot. And it's probably a difficult one for Stick because him being his son and you're always a little bit tentative whether to put him in or not. So US leadership group and all the players in camera back him and I can't wait to see him play.
Speaker 2: So you'll be back to the game on the weekend, right, because you backed it up last time after Origin, you're doing the same this time around.
Speaker 13: Yeah. So I'll play tomorrow night against the Maroons and then we'll fly back Thursday, and then I'll play in Sydney on Friday.
Speaker 2: My god, back at it straight in. Saw this article the other day about one of the Moron's players who's debuting in this Origin, and he was saying he has this pregame ritual of well, I don't know if it's pregame, but he definitely has in the past put tumrick up his nostrils and he reckons it actually really helps his game. Do you have any weird pregame rituals or anything like that that kind of get you in the right mind frame?
Speaker 13: No, I don't really have any rituals.
Speaker 14: There.
Speaker 13: Used to be a little bit more.
Speaker 16: Superstitious, superstitious on certain things like undies in that when I was a kid. But no, I don't know what you do up that side of the border, mate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ron, this is my own fault. It's my own fault absolutely for having any Queensland Shenanigan's pinned on me. I am representing the entire state at the moment for the.
Speaker 2: Game tonight, it is we're hoping for a clean sweep in New South Wales. Just taking out the first two games the Championships ours, that's you know, that's what we always want. However, game three is always a bit of a dud when we already know who's won out of the state of origin three. So is there a part of you who kind of goes, oh, decider in game three would be kind of cool.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 11: No, if you said yes, you would be dropped from the side before you run out tomorrow.
Speaker 1: So that is absolutely the correct answer. Do you leave your birthday on? Because I said this to Gaby yesterday. She loves it when it's her birthday, and because she puts the birth date up on all the social media platforms so that people haven't spoken to for at least twelve to like twenty sometimes twenty years years will message her happy birthday. Do you leave your birthday so people know what? Do you take the date down?
Speaker 13: No? My birthday is still still up on Facebook. So I still love my old mates and family and not putting posts in that.
Speaker 1: Good Because I was about I have to say happy birthday for last Tuesday. But the only reason I know is because the girls in the office gush over your girlfriend's social media pages and she wished you a happy birthday, and they were like, it's his birthday.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's my birthday. Last Tuesday turned twenty seven, so getting old.
Speaker 1: They yeah, you're right. They complain that you don't post enough about her, but she, they like, whenever she posts about you.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I know she my missus always blows up there and need to put more photos up as well. But I just don't keep my socials on with footy and fishing. At the moment.
Speaker 1: They're going to complain, I'm the one who cops the feedback. They go, Hudson needs to put up his girlfriend more and leave my alone.
Speaker 2: He's just it's just about footy and fission.
Speaker 1: I see when you posted that photo that big fishy court the other day, people were impressed by that too, so you know it's it's fine.
Speaker 13: Shelters in two slides, two slides in front, so they're only they're only looking at the fish, aren't they.
Speaker 1: That's absolutely right? All right, this is go time and look, you know I follow Queensland, but this is a very impressive blues team and it's fun to watch. You guys are dialed riding and if I could tell your way that the Morons are going to get it done in Perth. I would, and I just don't see it. So Game two looks like it'll be a dead rubber for Game three. Good luck out there, mate.
Speaker 2: I mean go in Perth just quickly, Like what's the feeling in Perth when it is so far away from Queensland and New South Wales to play?
Speaker 13: The build up has been really good. We got over it a couple of days ago, but it's my first time in city. It's in the city itself, so no, I'm really loving it and can't wait for Captain's run today and I'm sure the build up over the next twenty four hours is going to continue and it would be a great turnout off the stadium.
Speaker 1: You didn't get in on Sunday, did you?
Speaker 13: Ah? What days it now? We got in on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Don't go down the street on a Sunday tumble. That's it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I found that out as well.
Speaker 1: No Sunday trading and no daylight savings. The farmers there are a whole other world. And I'm getting stuck in because checking a pisto me sorry mate, go on.
Speaker 13: Couldn't even get a coffee on Sunday morning.
Speaker 1: What No, of course you can't know it's next cafe at home or nothing. That's the way they roll in w A. All right, make good luck out there. We'll see you on the TV tomorrow night and we look forward to your running back out for the green machine in about ten seconds time. But we'll just focus on the blues now.
Speaker 13: Good Luck's got it. Thanks having me on appreciate.
Speaker 1: Forty k speed limits. Hang on, that's what we are. Now we're going to go down another ten Darcy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looks like it will. No, actually doesn't look like it. I can't really say that. But just Thomas Emmers and the Independent MLA who just got in in the most recent election, is backing calls with along with a group because there's a study that's come out of University of Adelaide that's said if a young adult child gets hit by a car at thirty ks an hour, they've got a lot like significantly higher chances of survival.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't really know how to feel about it. It's very slow to go to thirty. But also safety of Children's.
Speaker 1: Short story, it's a short story, just lowering.
Speaker 2: I find it really interesting that in the Act. The speed limits around schools, even for primary schools where they're not leaving the school vicinity during the day is all the way from eight am to four pm, while in New South Wales it'll be a window in the morning and then a window in the afternoon. Did you do that speed?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the same in Victoria. That's why I got caught out the first time I came here. When I moved next to line the middle, it was like eleven thirty and that you're driving through and you don't even really think about it, but yeah, I got caught.
Speaker 1: Well, that's an interesting bit of consultation that would need to take place with the schools. High schools you've.
Speaker 2: Got different because the kids can leave it. That's the things in the day. Primary schools where they're not leaving, they're not going anywhere during the day. So is it necessary to go thirty at midday? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have thought, but during time there's a million kids running around. Absolutely dropped to thirty, I mean sixties. Forget about the convenience of the inconvenience at this point. If you're going forty, you might as well be going thirty. As far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 2: It's only for a short stretch. It's not like it's going to add minutes to your dad.
Speaker 3: And also, if you're in a school zone at pickup time, if you're going thirty, you would be happy.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's so true.
Speaker 3: It standstill the whole time.
Speaker 2: It's very true. There's a lineup of cars trying to get into the pickup zone.
Speaker 3: Who's the m alight Thomas Emerson.
Speaker 1: Thomas Emerson, welcome speaking sense off to the race. It's nice one.
Speaker 4: Rod and Gabby versus the world.
Speaker 1: I've observed something now for the entire most of the year since we moved to Hit one or four point seven in the breakfast time slot, and everyone's got a different morning routine, and ours is unique, just because you know a lot of people don't wake up at three o'clock and then start at six am.
Speaker 2: Is this an intervention?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think I know.
Speaker 1: I feel like we might need to get a psychologist done.
Speaker 2: What am I doing?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 1: I don't even know what the if it's If it's a I don't think it's a problem, could be a problem. And so your beautiful baby, Olivia obviously is taken todaycare by your.
Speaker 2: Husband, which is great. Then he's doing that, doing a great job, and I'm miss seeing heer of the morning.
Speaker 1: But you get videos if you're having brecky, and then you have visibility via the app on your mobile phone of your doorbell cam. And we've had some fantastic shenanigans that we've captured just to people walking past your hat. It was weird. It was so close to the camera. That was cool. There was a time that your has been moon to us. That was cool.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize you were watching that one.
Speaker 1: Well, hey, just know there's a cameraman, so you know. Anyway, So most most days, baby Olivia, I see her on the doorbell cam. You're at ye and your husband carries her out, and then she turns to the doorbell and goes bye, mom, Mom's mommy, mamma, mummy, yeah, mummy and my mummy. I don't know what it means for her in her relationship with doorbells long term.
Speaker 2: It's because I can talk through the doorbell, I know, so in the past, not every morning, but if she rings the doorbell, she loves to press buttons, so she'll press the button and will notify me that she's there and I can talk to her through the doorbell. And so now she's put two and two together and she thinks I'm the doorbell.
Speaker 1: Look, it'll be a fascinating social experiment to see her relationship with doorbells, front doors in general. Maybe and she enters adulthood, Mummy, I mean, it's a it's quite an experiment and it's long term, but no go anywhere the results coming up. M