Speaker 1: Laura. Come on, oh Friday, Hi, britt Laura. How are we feeling?
Speaker 2: Feeling pretty good? Feeling like it's almost the Logies? Yes, because it is almost the logist It's true. Have you picked your dress yet, Brute?
Speaker 3: I have picked my dress. Yes, I'm very excited. You picked your dress.
Speaker 1: Match, I've picked my gown. Yes, I'm being style.
Speaker 2: You're gonna look beautiful. But you know what, I'm more excited about finding out who is going to be the Gold Logie winner this year, because it is some fierce competition and I think tell me if you think this is a bit controversial. There's been some discussions around Robert Irwin because everyone thinks he's gonna win, but he hasn't been in TV long enough, so some people think is he deserving of being put up for the Gold Logie.
Speaker 4: I did like what Scottie cam said to us the other day on radio.
Speaker 3: We had him on and he has on a Gold log in the past.
Speaker 4: We asked him about Robert Irwin and how people would feel if he won, only having just come on TV, and he made a really good point. He said, it doesn't matter how long you've been there for, It's based on your performance the year before.
Speaker 1: I completely agree. I think if you're in the TV, if you're in the TV industry, you can comment on it. If you're not, you know what it's like.
Speaker 2: And he was amazing. I mean, he was with you and I'm slipper to get me out of here, b not hosting alongside you, but I got you.
Speaker 3: If Julia ever retires.
Speaker 4: But speaking of Julia, I'd love to see Julia Morris win a Gold Logie. I think she's incredible and she's done years of incredible things and she hasn't yet won one.
Speaker 1: The nominees are Andy Lee, Julia Morris, Larry m Robert Irwin, Sony Krueger, Tony Armstrong, and Asha Keady.
Speaker 2: It seems to it seems to become in rotation, don't you reckon. It's always like Hamish or Andy. Hamish or Andy are in the nominations, but they're never in there together.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 1: I'd love to see Julia Morris get a call up or Larry Mda. He's been on TV since The Price is Right in like the nineties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean I feel as though it should be either Julia or Larry's year this year because they've been in the industry for so long. They are absolute TV Royalty of Australia and they're both just great people.
Speaker 1: Well, it's Sunday night. Voting is open. It's the sixty fourth TV week Logi Award's your favorite stars and shows. Vote now. Tvlogis dot com dot a. You can watch the awards. They're live in Sydney Sunday, August eighteenth to see who wins, and we'll follow the pickup on instell. We'll post all our moments from the night, so you might.
Speaker 2: Even get a glimpse of Mitch in his beautiful gown in his frock a glimpse.
Speaker 1: I'm doing a full photo shoot. Did we get more than gleams? Hey? Next, influencers, they've gone too far.
Speaker 2: I think collectively influencers sometimes have very very bad advice. But this advice from one influencer will leave you shocked. I don't think you should do this at home, Absolutely not. We'll get to that next on the pickup. Welcome to the show, Happy Friday. A warning if you've got a queasy stomach, this might not be for you. Influencers going too far, Ladies, we can all agree that influencers and some of the messages they spout on social media can be a bit much. Deborah Pexioto definitely falls into that category.
Speaker 1: She's an influencer. She got quite quite a few followers, one hundred thousand followers. She posts mainly to Instagram. She's posted a new video to social media that's taken the world by storm, where she opens a small container that she's pulled from her freezer. This was a homemade skincare concoction. She starts to spread the brown mix around her face. Resembles a kay mask or a mud mask. She also has a clothes peg on her nose. Oh, I cannot, I will not have a stench.
Speaker 3: Is this concoction?
Speaker 1: She uses her own feces as ah No. She claims it has worked for my skin and it stopped flaking, she told her followers. She then leaves the pooh on for fifteen minutes, washes it off as at defrosts on her face and her skin has never looked better.
Speaker 2: Allegedly, I saw this and firstly I wanted to vomit. But secondly, if you're going to do this stuff, you don't share it on the internet like you can do weird things in the privacy of her own.
Speaker 3: No, you don't put pill on you.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't. You absolutely shouldn't. But if you've decided, and you've made that decision for yourself that you want to do it, do not share that on the internet.
Speaker 4: What do I want to know is at what point did she wake up and be like, I know something I might try. I might take a dump in a cup and then rub it on my face, but hang on, maybe it'd be better cold, Like how does somebody get it there?
Speaker 2: I think she's done the cold thing because it would probably help with the smell, Like you don't want to have it just sitting out, and you would you put it in a.
Speaker 1: Freezing you know what? The freezing? It just indicates there's been trial and error here. She's she's formula. Yeah, she's gotten she's ruled out rights and wrongs. You know what else? It means. It means that she has to collect them if it's on ice. She's got a backlog. She's got like weeks worth of face.
Speaker 2: When you say a backlog, you didn't, I think you missed the pun that you just created for yourself.
Speaker 3: It makes me feel sick.
Speaker 4: But dermatologists have come out and said, do not do this like, this is so bad.
Speaker 3: There is so much bacteria.
Speaker 4: If you have like a little tiny cut or any open skin and your poo gets in there, that could be.
Speaker 2: The end of you. So what you're saying, brit Is, don't go and do your dermal needling and then when you the feces musk. I will never forget. When I was little, my nan told me this story and it has it has stayed with me. My nan used to work at David Jones and when she was working there, she worked alongside a beautiful woman who she said she was always just completely enamored by how amazing her skin looked. And this one day she was like, you just have the most gorgeous skin, Like what do you do to it? And she said, oh, your own therapy. My nun was like what sorry, And she goes every day I wash my face in my own urine. And I just think that there's some things in life that you shouldn't share with anyone else or with your grandkids. I didn't need to know about it.
Speaker 4: At least you're in ster, are you know there are other people that are using salmon sperm on their face.
Speaker 2: People will do a.
Speaker 1: Done that haven't you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like, there are you know there are some people.
Speaker 3: Yes, I have tried it. Yeah, is it actually amazing?
Speaker 2: How do they put salmon sperm in? How do they get the sperm?
Speaker 1: I don't know, milk salmon, take it back to their apartment?
Speaker 2: No, what do they do? I need to know?
Speaker 4: How do they believe it's a tiny little formula that they rub into your face that they don't bring a live salmon out and slap it across you.
Speaker 1: It's a formula you jumped out of that body of water.
Speaker 4: What I will say is I get compliments on my skin all the time.
Speaker 3: So go the salmon, fishes.
Speaker 2: Fishs and a bit of feces, masks.
Speaker 3: Aniston can do it. I can do it.
Speaker 1: Has Jennifer Aniston done that?
Speaker 3: That's what started the trend?
Speaker 1: That's okay. See if Jennifer Andiston was putting poo on her face, I'd be like maybe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it does depend on how influential, Like I mean, you know, it would be Gwyneth Paltrow and it would be a Goop.
Speaker 1: Special, Oh my god, and it would be.
Speaker 4: Called well in Bigger and Better and more exciting news, I'm getting married.
Speaker 3: In case you missed it.
Speaker 4: I am getting married next year, and I'm having some big conversations with my fiance Ben at the moment about name change.
Speaker 2: I don't do it. Just keep your own name. Makes it easy.
Speaker 3: I think you can say, don't get married.
Speaker 2: I just don't do it. Just shut up with shot.
Speaker 4: Anyway, let's talk about it after break on your opinion next on the pickup.
Speaker 3: Mitch and Laura.
Speaker 4: I always thought, like when the time came that somebody proposed to me and I was going to get married, you just think about the excitement around it, like the proposal and the fact that you get a wedding, but you don't think of all the admin that comes with it, Like getting married is such hard work and so stressful, so much you need to do, so much you need to think about. And my fiance and I Ben at the point now where we're discussing the last.
Speaker 2: Name, like, oh, yeah, I remember that conversation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I think back in the day, like you know, the patriarchy, it was not ever an option. There was never a discussion. The woman always just took the man's name. That's what happened. But it's a bit of a different time now, and I sort of flowed at the idea of maybe doing a joint name, a hyphenated name.
Speaker 3: Maybe he takes my name.
Speaker 2: I was like hyphenated names only work though, if you've both got names that flow together, like in our case. My husband's last name is Johnson. My last name's burn so Burne John's and just sounds like an STI it sounds like something you need cream for John Johnson. It's a burning member.
Speaker 1: You're Hockey. And then surname is secret.
Speaker 4: So Hockley secrets. It wouldn't be secrets. Hockley doesn't flow.
Speaker 2: It's just too long, is it?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 1: It doesn't sound nice as well, So think.
Speaker 2: About the children. Hello, I'm Jeffrey Hockey. Can I say it secrets? Like it's too long? I think it works.
Speaker 3: I mean it's not beautiful, it's not French and flowy, it's not like.
Speaker 1: But your business is your brand. You're on I'm a celebrity, get me out here. You got a number one podcast in the country. You got the biggest best radio show that's ever been broadcast. You can't your name where that's your name is Brittany Hockley's. It's your business, yes.
Speaker 4: But this is where I totally appreciate that. I guess that's is what I'm known by. But the question is like, I feel like I want the same name as my partner, and if we have kids, I feel like I want us all to have the same name's opted.
Speaker 3: Laura has twenty five kids, don't know where they are. They've all got different names.
Speaker 2: But I'm surprised by you, Britt, because the last time we had a big conversation about names and what you might do, you were very adamant that you're going to take secrets. So you've had a backflip.
Speaker 4: Not a backflip because I don't I don't want him just to have Hockley, because Ben's situation is he is also like A I guess like A in the public.
Speaker 3: He's a footballer.
Speaker 4: He literally has his name across his jersey every time.
Speaker 1: Though no, Hockley sounds good.
Speaker 2: And Hockley is a strong name.
Speaker 1: There's no rules anymore. The patriarchy doesn't exist. It's crumbled.
Speaker 2: I does.
Speaker 3: I mean, maybe we should ask him, but.
Speaker 2: I think that there litmus these days, a lot of people do it traditional and they still take their partner's name. But I think it's whoever has the coolest name. That's who should win the name.
Speaker 1: I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I what the best name?
Speaker 3: What's cooler? Hockley or secrets?
Speaker 1: Hockley Hocky sounds like seaweed?
Speaker 2: No, I think it sounds like secret.
Speaker 3: Hocky sounds like hockey.
Speaker 1: Is a hot sport. Yeah, seaweeds smelly, it's sushi seaweed.
Speaker 3: Seaweed's delicious. Maybe let's still a call.
Speaker 1: Out, Yeah, what? Let's ask the country? Need you change your your surname? Do you think Britney? Should we ask?
Speaker 3: Or how did you figure it out? As well?
Speaker 4: Like how did you decide between the two of you? Is there a rule that people live by for this?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Let's take your calls. What should Britney Hockly Seacrest?
Speaker 4: It's gross, It'll be Britney, Nichola Mayo, Hocky Secret.
Speaker 3: That's terrible, all right, it's a big name. You wouldn't even fit on the passport.
Speaker 1: Form if you work at RMS as well, let us know if that's even legal. All right? Back after this, Britney Secrets Hockey is here with us live on the show.
Speaker 3: Not yet, we don't know what my name is going to be.
Speaker 1: No, but maybe Britney Hockley, maybe Britney Secret. She's engaged and she's not sure if she wants to take a fiancee Ben's surname, which is Seagress.
Speaker 2: I'm here with the camp of just keep your own last name. You've done thirty seven by the time you're married, with thirty eight years of being Brittany Hockley sorr ready, No, but it is. It's so long to be a certain person and to have a name to then change it.
Speaker 4: I will actually still be thirty seven when I get married, just on record, will it's.
Speaker 2: Not thirty eight? Yeah? Okay, well I was. I was also thirty seven when I got married, and I felt really attached to Laura Burn. I really don't like doing paperwork, and so here we are two years on and I'm still Laura Burn.
Speaker 4: My problem is I don't want different names to like my family in terms of if I have kids, my husband, myself. I know that that's what you've done, and that's cool, but I don't really want that.
Speaker 2: We're like, it's cool, but it's not cool for me.
Speaker 1: That's why we're asking the country what they did. So Katie's called what happened to you with your partner and when you got married with the surnames.
Speaker 5: Hi, So my husband and I took my surname as a middle name, and then we've both got his surname as our surname is Yeah, so our middle name is Butcher and our surname is Fitzgerald.
Speaker 3: So both of you now have Butcher as a middle name.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we do. And then the idea is that when we have kids, we'd passed down both of our names.
Speaker 2: So then do they have to pass down both things? Have you started a whole new family tradition that the expectation is everyone's a Butcher Fitzgerald. What if they then marry someone and you've made it so that they can never hyphenate their day.
Speaker 1: I marry a butcher if my grandparents told me to do, I'd be like, shut up, Artie. You know Grandma, Like, now, I'm not taking your dumb butcher name.
Speaker 2: What's your grandma's last week?
Speaker 1: Grandma and Grandma, My grandma's name is Kissy, Kissy, Jerry.
Speaker 3: Kissy jury see that I would work with that name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's forgotten me. All right, let's do Annabelle, Hey, what happened to your family name when you got.
Speaker 6: Married, we made up a new one altogether because we couldn't agree.
Speaker 2: What do you mean you made up a new one?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Was it a hyphenation of the two, an amalgamation? Like what was the name?
Speaker 6: No, we just both couldn't agree, and like we didn't have that much extended family on either side, so we actually like picked it's willow because it's a certain type of timber. And we have this table when we first started dating that was made out of willow. And we're at the park one day and low tree and thought stuff, that would just start a new.
Speaker 2: Family.
Speaker 1: You're lucky to see a dumb truck.
Speaker 4: How meaningful that is when you're telling someone you're like, one day, we saw a tree, so we were like, that's here.
Speaker 1: Really, I think that's so stupid. Sorry, I think that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: That's a really mean thing to say.
Speaker 1: She's hung up, you hung up.
Speaker 2: That's a difference.
Speaker 3: I love the name. I think that's cute.
Speaker 2: What she did. I think the name is cute, but I also think it is quite creative to decide to just completely change your name. Although I do think if you're going to like hyphenate names. You have to make sure that the two names together are not something that's funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what if what if you marry A Richard and your surname is Big and then you've got Mitchell Big Richard.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you like that, wouldn't you? Okay? I was doing when we were talking about this earlier. I was looking in the break and there's some truly awful names that have made it into the paper. So Anna Wang married Brad Holder and her name is now Wang Holder. Try not to gigg over that's it's so stupid. Yeah, look, there's so many of them. This one, uh Beaver hyphen wetter Wetter. Why Derek and Sandra Beaver Wetter.
Speaker 3: If that was your name, why would you choose the hyphen?
Speaker 2: Wait, just choose Beaver. I've got Beaver, Katrina Bush, and Matthew Hacker. That is great. Think about it, guys. Yeah, you've got to really think this through before you change the names. Well, that's why I'll never be Johnson Byrne.
Speaker 4: Somebody did write in and said that they just like took a part of their last name and took a part of their partner's last name and made a new name.
Speaker 1: So it's not.
Speaker 3: Hyphen but it's a bit of both.
Speaker 2: No, that's like people who make up kids names like Lebama equal and you're like, you can't call a kid that you have.
Speaker 4: Just Offendedma, What about if I did that?
Speaker 3: It would be hot grist.
Speaker 1: Britney Sockley.
Speaker 2: There we found it.
Speaker 1: You'd get a collaboration with Bonds in a heartbeat, Britt Britney Sockley, Yeah, alright.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Well, Woody eating