Speaker 1: Hey, let's just welcome back to the Mason Cox Show. We have a big episode today. We have things all football and also we talk about a bit of politics Trump what happened over the weekend absolutely insane. We'll get into that. We also talk about a lightning strike that hit an AFL player who had an incredible game over the weekend. There's plenty of that. And last so we're going to talk about my injury, whether or not I'll be playing this week, and how I'm feeling. There's a lot in this episode, but before we get into it, I must say it is important for everyone out there in the community that we have been able to create to subscribe hit the bell on the podcast platform that you listen to this on and also interact with social as a massive massive thank you to everyone that has. But we want to push that an initiative because it is so important for us to help grow. So a massive massive thank you to those that have, and a please do for those that haven't yet. So without further ado, we will get into this podcast starting now. Okay, Legends, thanks for tuning out as always, but we'll get straight into this one. Welcome Brydon oh Mace.
Speaker 2: We have actually so much packed into this episode, probably too much, as per usual, too much. But we'll get straight into the clangers because I love Ross Line. We are a big fan of ROSSI, and there may be a ross Lin klanger, so I'm going to try and stretch it so it's not a Ross Line clanger. Because there was a couple of incidents in his game. So Kilda went back to a bit of the smelly stuff last over the weekend, kicked thirty odd points or whatever, but there was a moment in the box where he may have got a bit miffed, rightfully so, and smashed the phone on the desk and it just exploded into a million pieces. Now Ross we know sploded. He's on the good stuff, and he found the humor in it, which is Ross Line, the new Ross Line, and he put it all back together like it was a piece of lego, and then not long later smashed it again. Then he had to reach into the back row and ask one of the assistants if he could borrow their phone. Really reminiscent of me back on the PlayStation, back in the day, when you'd throw the controller down on the ground and then you'd like still be miffed, and then you realize that you need the controller to play the game, and then do the you know, the walk with your tail between your legs over to pick up the controller. He did a bit of that, but I'm gonna clang whoever's making those phones. He hardly hit it on the desk and it's a light shouted into a million pieces. He needs some harder phone stuff. If it was a KNOCKI a thirty two ten. He could slam that thing on the desk and it'll break the desk. So I think things are getting cheaper, So I'm I'm blaming the economy.
Speaker 1: Haven't got inflation. He's an angel, you imagine sitting there and he's got to douse someone else's phone. So he goes, oh, such such assistance on the phone. You're like, oh, man, I'm going to get an absolute just pomp up here, and it's ross. You go, what the effort? You just like at you, Oh, someone I expected.
Speaker 2: He's asking for your phone. I'm like, I brought my phone from home. This one's my one. I don't want you to smash.
Speaker 1: I'll get it to Mike Clanger was during the Callingwood versus Geelong game. No We talked about some of the best swingmen last week, and the big man, Mark Blitzabs came up as one of the best swingmen over the weekend. He was trying to play every single role from every single sport. I think by the time he was finishing the game, he had one point. There's a free kick, and he grabbed the ball and threw it, but themar had already called play on so it was not illegal disposal, you could say. And he threw it back and it was just one of those moments you could just see the brain fart in his head and he's just gone, yeah, Caps, just cruise back and defense and sort this out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I think a couple of the boys around him it was like Nick Dacos and Steel was like so happy. They were like, oh my god, they just turned it over.
Speaker 1: It's a free kick against I've just got it back two seconds later.
Speaker 2: That's good. You can get where we can get it. You can't take every roll, blitz You need to hand some off on not the way that you handed them off, but handballs. Let's get through some of the results. Because Collingwood they took the l we won't go into that one yet. Hawthorne. They got the w over Frio in a tight game down in tazzy Sydney back to winning ways, smashed North Melbourne Western Bulldogs, massive win over Carlton, Adelaide got it done over Ross's boys in pouring rain, terrible, terrible conditions. Melbourne with a big win over Essendon who just weren't quite there. Gold Coast big win over Port who they were fighting hard. They were really fighting hard, both you know, on the scoreboard and Horny Frank through a fews of the ground. But we'll get into that later. Richmond they put in a competitive competitive performance against my boys, the Giants, but they're back on a roll. And West Coast Eagles almost spoiled Brisbees. They for Simo, we got out there. He didn't coach, but he'd tossed the coin. He did all the important stuff.
Speaker 1: We could have gone into one hundred klangers on the way that situation was handled over the last week. Don't get me wrong, but I think Simmo I just love his comedic value of like, yeah, I'm getting absolutely screwed here, and he's just acknowledged it essentially publicly, and they've asked him to do what as a bit of a thank you for giving us a premiership and everything else. Flipping a coin in the next game after you got sacked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very much like getting invited to the Christmas party after you got the sack. Oh my god, It's like he was there with his vintage jumper. He got to keep the coin. So I guess ten years of coaching's all worth it because you get to keep that coin. But yeah, he was always up the back and they kept cutting to the angle of him in the crowd. I think one thing that I can confidently say is that the newspaper article that obviously the West rolled out there was dog shit, actually ended up working in his favor because it brought everyone together. Whereas like there could have been some like awkwardness and all that stuff. Everyone rallied and galvanized over their hatred for the print media, and then like every time so Simo was on the screen, everyone gave him like a big clap and cheer. It was awesome to see. So I'm glad it was a little awkward, But thank you to the Western Australian.
Speaker 1: For writing the article.
Speaker 2: Well, like I think.
Speaker 1: From you this week, this is very unusual.
Speaker 2: Well backfired on them because I you know, they were a bit petty because their boy wouldcock got called out in the in the press conference for right and all the negative.
Speaker 1: Gen everyone clapped the fact that you're absolute prick, especially.
Speaker 2: You think it's like you're it's almost like your home field. You're like, you've got journos and stuff around you, but there's still all the players rock up and give you a standing a Let's jump into some big talking points from throughout the week, because we've seen some new interpretations, some running changes on the fly. We always love to see that we've seen obviously every time you have a different interpretation or a rule change or anything, there's always a clubs and players figure it out pretty quick and then figure out a loophole and how to take advantage of that situation. And we're seeing this chicken wing kind of tackle that has always been praised. Whenever it's everyone would always call it the perfect tackle. It's the perfect tackle. You hold one arm behind their back so that they can't really do anything with it, and it's being rewarded for the most part. At the moment with players, when you're watching the game, it's like, why win the ball? There was a couple of instances on in the Collingwood Geelong game, Steel picked up the ball, was already immediately tackled, one arm behind his back, got ping for holding the ball when previously there was probably no prior. But that seems to have taken a back seat. There was Nick Dekos. Yeah, picked up the ball immediately chicken wing and he was on his knees. Zero things you can do in that circumstance holding the ball because he had one arm free. Now we're just it's going to get murkier and murkier. But I can see injuries coming in as players are getting rewarded with three kicks for these like you've got one arm free but one arms pinged and we're going, I reckon, We're going to start seeing people get slung into the ground with one arm like pinned behind their back. They're going to have their head just super exposed. There's going to be more suspensions for those tackles. You bring in one rule or in difference in interpretation and it opens up fifty different issues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I think this is like, so you say there's two sides of the coin of everything, right, So obviously this year everyone is quite aware that the umpire is a bit hard on, you know, not falling on the ball and like needing to get the ball out of your hands otherwise they'll call free kick. So you know, now that people have realized that's the case, and umpires are on it, and they're continuously being on it, they've gone, okay, hold on. So if I allow him just to get it and then I tackle him right away, if he doesn't get rid of it, then it's holding the ball, or if he doesn't do it legally too, that's holding the ball. So it's like, okay, well, maybe I'll just so it's going in there and like smash. It's like I can almost get a free kick here if I just wait for him to grab it and then lock him up right away. And there's a real kind of I don't know, like you're not one hundred percent sure that half second to a second of having the ball of whether or not you have prior opportunity or not. I think there's a big kind of judgment there that the umpires are probably you know, trying to sort out, and the players are sitting there and some of the players on the weekend, you know, whenever you lay a tackle you're going, oh, snap, Like I kind of thought we'd get a ball up here, but I'm getting a free kick. So yeah, there's there's two sides to the to the spectrum as always, and I think there's teams now being able to see kind of advantages and in that being able to use the fact that teams are going to have to forcefully get the ball out as quickly as they can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going to be very interesting because, yeah, I say it, players don't want to take play to ground, so they're just holding them up in the tackle, which means they've got an arm free and they have to try and get rid of it. But I just don't understand what the point of winning the ball is. If you're always going to win the ball, that's all you always. If you can't get rid of it and you're just going to get like ping for holding the ball, it's given you very little incentive to actually win it. We'll move into something that Chris got brought up postgame in the Collingwood game. It always helps when the winning coach brings up an issue because it doesn't mean they're just salty, and he brought up the fact that there seemed to be a lot of non fifteen meters calls throughout the course of the night, and it started hot straight away.
Speaker 1: So I think Bobby kicked Jamie that was about fifteen meters and they said play on and the goal.
Speaker 2: And normally that on the opposite side, if it's like bird into fifteen, they normally say that's close enough. Whereas Chris came out and said that Chris Scott, I don't we're not buddies.
Speaker 1: Chris all mate, oh mate, Scott.
Speaker 2: He came out and said that it hadn't been communicated to the clubs, which is always the interesting thing. And we have talked about this throughout the course of the year, where interpretations will be changed, there will be hotter rules than others on any certain night. It's just important to tell the players where I think now it's at the point where if there's going to be a difference in interpretation, or there's going to be we always call it like the hot rule for the night or whatever. We need to be telling everyone. It can't be like we'll figure it out on the Friday night game. Watch the Friday night game. Figure it out. AFL should be releasing a statement heading into the weekend to everyone, so fans know it's coming and they can react accordingly. They're not thinking they're getting screwed over or the umpires are against them. If we're looking at it from we're trying to protect the umpires here, so you can save them a hell of a lot of abuse. If you're saying the AFL's come out and we're telling the umpires to adjudicate it this way this weekend so everyone knows. Is that the way that we're going to have to start handling this.
Speaker 1: I think it's probably the best way. It just kind of allows for that clarity between the fans, the clubs, and you know, umpires and just being able to get everyone on the same page, because if you do, you know, send the memo out to the club and then the colts go to update their players and it's this whole thing where you know, if it was a public statement like not only obviously is it going to have the same effect as if it's released within the club, because you'll see it on social media wherever it may not be. Also, I think it's just good for the fans to be aware of it too, so then whenever you get to the football you know this Let's say it's fifteen minute kick and they call it under fifteen meters. The fans understand why it's happening, not going that's odd, that's not fifteen meters, that's fifteen meters. But whatever it is, they're not beraiding the people on the ground because they're in this the loop just as much as the players, the umpires and everyone else it's involved in the industry. So you would think you just make a public statement, But I understand whenever you make a public statement, then that causes five six days of people reacting to it and then the media does a big thing. So like it can be somewhat negative. I guess from that standpoint of people coming at you for changing the rules, But what would you rather be proactive or reactive to after it happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we all know communication is key in every facet of life. But I would have thought that they would like the AFL like to be the talking point in all things sport. I would think that they would like to be the talking point on the way into games, and save the umpires, being the talking point on the way out of games. But that's just me and who am I. We'll talk about these three teams because I want to get your opinion on this. We're going to be on Wooden Spoon watch because we've got a number one draft pick in the way that the system's all set up. And we saw last year North Melbourne costs themselves Harley reed, which in hindsight may have cost them dearly because he turns out he's a pretty good So we look ahead to this year and we've still got North, the Eagles, and the Tigers that are all down the bottom of the ladder fighting for this number one pick. Now, they've all had patches throughout the year where they've actually been quite competitive. They've had a little run and can cost themselves a number one pick. Are we still going to do this again? Is North going to make the same mistakes they've been very competitive? Or like, what do we want? Do we still think that wins on the board are better than draft picks in the pocket? And out of those three teams, who do we think needs the pick the most? Because I'm thinking it's not North anymore?
Speaker 1: Now, don't I don't think North needs anymore. I think more than anything, they just need experience in their players. They've had so many people that are young and youth will come through there and get drafted, and they're playing quite a young squad that now. More than anything, like you just want them to gain confidence through wins to say like, no, no, we can have a season where we kind of you know, make a push for finals. And you know, they've they've had it, They've pushed teams. I think in the first half of the season like they were you know, like they didn't have a single game. I feel like that they were blown out in so North was really hanging in there. The Eagles have done the same thing for a fair chunk of it. Now the Eagles are kind of in between i'd say, like whether or not they need new people or not, Like I think they you know, obviously they've got a few people who just signed now, but Harley Reed's always going to be that person that they look to try to put as many games into and you know, he is the.
Speaker 2: Future of the club.
Speaker 1: I feel like the Tigers obviously a bit of rebuilding. They're going to probably want a number one draft pick come through there for a bit of something positive and yeah, you know, something to look forward to whenever it comes to their club. So I almost go North, No, Eagles a little bit.
Speaker 2: Tigers.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I get a lot.
Speaker 2: It's not a compensation pick, so that's something very different. And I'm glad now looking at North that there's like you don't give these compensation picks out lightly. Yeah, there's been teams that are well down the bottom of the ladder and dwell down there for a long time, like North, and you might want to consider giving them a pick, But I think you look at their list, you look at the coach that they've got in there. They got all the right things in there. You don't need to be screwing with other people's draft position just to look after them. I think they're in a pretty good spot. And then the other two have had success, so they had the success and have fallen down. So I'm happy for no priority picks for them, and they need to spend some time down the bottom, but I still think Eagles probably need it. But they do have a pretty good spine. Like they got Barass, they got Waterman, they got Oscar Allen, they got Tim Kelly who's still got years left, and then they got Harley Reid, so they got a pretty good spine set up as well. So yeah, I think, yeah, I think the Tigs are probably in a bit of world to hurt at the moment, and they'll probably like they'll lose some of their forward structure. So anyway, we'll wait and see.
Speaker 1: For new fresh faces to come through there, right.
Speaker 2: Wait and see. You want some excitement, we look, we talk about excitement because this blow is one of the most exciting blokes in the league. We talk about Horny Frank. Horn francis our boy. Now there's he's must have been spending a bit too much time with Zach Butters Fickers over the week. Last week we were talking about Zach Butter's going for the record. It's like he's trying to lose money, just punching blokes and scragging him around. You can get under his skin. Well, it turns out you can kind of get under Horny Frank's skin too, because he was rough and blokes up and just he's just rolling him out of the way. Now, yeah, I don't know what Kenny Hinckley is doing down there. If they got they got too much sugar.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's a sugar cut down of the lowly.
Speaker 2: Will cut out the celery and peanut butter instead of snakes, giants, killer pythons, and we need less sugar down there. Gatorade, no sugar, powerade. We're on the powerades? Are can we say that I can say what I prefer. You can't say what you prefer, honestly, and I'm a big Gatorade guy. I don't know about power too sweet. Anyway, we we got to get on the prime can we when's the falgus? Many people to try to get a sponsorship. Players scull a bottle of coke before they head out there. Anyway, we just need some. We're just we're putting it on the radar. Horny Frank. We need to settle down, mate, You Zach Butters will put you in an anger management course. I don't know if there's a few other Charlie looks like he's if he starts to get as angry as the other two. Run one scary bloke. We move on to a good Is it a good news story?
Speaker 1: It is, we'll talk about why it might not be at the same time.
Speaker 2: It's quite remarkable. So for anyone that watched the Richmond game, Steely Green, which is an amazing name for.
Speaker 1: Starters still side bottom, but is.
Speaker 2: Could we get away with calling our kids steely steely Cock's steal steely so steely cock, no way, steely green out there pick three goals in his third game of footy, which I thought was amazing. I didn't know much background until I heard Luke Darcy talk about it on commentary, said that he was a former competitive sailor. Now that's a pretty unique pathway into the ave. But he was a former competitive sailor who also got struck by lightning out on the water, insane and survived. Clearly, he survived. You kicked three goals in his third game, but fell into the water. It was a whole thing, pretty wild, Like, that's that's the That's the craziest pathway into the AFL that I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: I just like, being struck by lightning just blows my mind, Like, how do you like? That is such like an electrical current going through your body?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've held an electric fence.
Speaker 1: Have you pissed on her electric ac.
Speaker 2: As a kid? You do the whole thing. Yeah, it's not great, but that feels like that could have killed me. Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: And it reminded me of a story I've read recently, because lightning strikes are thing I actually had a friend that was on jetski he got struck by lightning this year and it was like very serious. Right, But there's one man who has the Guinness Book or sorry, Guinness World Record for being struck by lightning. Can you guess how many times he's been struck? No, what like seven times? Seven times in his life? His name is Roy Cleveland Sullivan, Big Sully. He's been struck seven times. Worked it Shinandoah National Park. You think after two or three, you go, maybe it's time for retirement. This man went to seven and it wasn't even the thing that killed him. Oh waits past? Why now? But like the light being strikes worth the thing that actually killed him, Like it's insane. He has a photo who's like whole ranger cap is just scarred with black on it, and he's like that, you gotta work tomorrow. I can't miss a day.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's time we retire the metal hat limum hat any stick. We wish you the best out.
Speaker 1: For roles in the third game. Congratulations, that's a heck of an accomplishment.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: We wish you all the best in the future ahead.
Speaker 2: Maybe skip the games where it's raining, just just to be safe. Let's move on because there is one more thing that I want to bring up, because there was a very serious thing that happened over the course of the weekend, and it was Donald Trump's assassination attempt.
Speaker 1: Wild pretty crazy. I was insane, like like, are we living in a Netflix special of some sort? Like I don't feel like this is a real situation that we're living in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and especially especially because like when it happened, like all the news came out and it was like it was it just felt like it was another thing, Like it didn't feel like the world should have stopped because a president was almost assassinated. President. Yeah, well you're a president forever, but like that feels like a thing that should have stopped the world. But half the people were split into like, ah, here's just faking it.
Speaker 1: I think the biggest thing is everyone was like conspiracy right away. Everyone was just and the fact that the first thing that people think of is that it's got to be a conspiracy, it's got to be a lie, no chance, right.
Speaker 2: And I think that's just America.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I mean if there's any person that just calls people a liar, you would probably say that person has been similar in their character as Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: So he got shot what twice in this in the skull and people are like, no, that's not him, that that was a an alien did it?
Speaker 1: It was the guy from the grass you know the book Depository.
Speaker 2: This is the thing that right an it was like a weirdo on a roof.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he was. He was spotted very quickly, and you know it was you can't don't lie into these things, mate, don't these things.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was pretty reacted to it. Don't get me wrong. I think there probably should have been more security there. But they found him and you know, executed the situation and a guest secret service does Look, I will say this style like, I know there's a lot of commentary and jokes about it, but like, you don't wish anyone to be shot in this life, right, Like I know everyone has a laugh of everything that's going on, how crazy the America is in the situation that's going on over there, But you know, I don't want to wish that upon anyone. But it is a wild time in our history to be reading these headlines and seeing what's going on over there and just the whole experience of it and now living in like in Australia and seeing it as like kind of a third person to the whole ideas of everything going on. It doesn't even seem real, No, it seems like just a fictional story that is being written up in front of us.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine Elbow standing out there doing a speech and someone has a shot at him.
Speaker 1: It's kind of very hard since guns are very hard to come by in this country wild. But I will say this though, I remember there was a Prime Minister once when I first came here, is Malcolm Turnbull. And I was going through the Arts gallery in Melbourne, right. So I was over there and just kind of checking out some of the different stuff and I saw, you know, this guy walk through and he had a camera guy behind him, and he had another person that was a security guard with him and a few other kind of people shone around. I didn't know who this was, you know, So I go over to the security person. I said, I'll just out of curiosity, like who is this, you know? And he looks at me and he's like, are you serious. I was like, yeah, because he's the Prime Minister of Australia. He had one security guard with him, walking around in a public art gallery. Yeah, that is absurd. I looked at him. I was like, sorry, this guy runs the country and he's just casually walking around like a Sunday afternoon with no one really protecting him. Like I could have walked up to him and sugar his aunt. No one would even looked at me.
Speaker 2: Twice they knew saying footballers need to be protected at the game. So you got the PM goes out there. They used to knock on John Howard's door and he used to come out in his track so you can go for a run around Canberra Lake just casually.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're like down to wake up all.
Speaker 2: He still does it. That's not even like the thing that used to happen. That's pretty well people he was trying to pick up anyway. Yeah, I would talk. Yeah, I don't know. There's so much.
Speaker 1: There is so much we can cover with that. More will come out during the week. But it was something we have to mention because it was such a historical moment. The photo was incredible.
Speaker 2: When you talk about photo ops and opportunities and a guy that knows like how to market that was incredible.
Speaker 1: It was just might be time photo of the year.
Speaker 2: Let's get into the big winners because Hawthorne they caught up to the back of the pack. And we all know that the pack is only two games from second down to thirteen, which is pretty wild. Hawthorne sitting in thirteen only behind on percentage cicily, wasn't that havn't the biggest impact got swung forward kicked three goals late, was a massive influenced in the Yeah, another swing man. He was brought up last week, Nick Watson, who you know, give us your feedback break. Well, you wouldn't describe him as someone with ice in his veins. It's seven goals nineteen, but he did manage to kick a goal one one I think for the day and did the whole ice in the Vans celebration. Yeah. If it's like like ironic if he's doing it, you know, because it's funny because he's like he kicked one five or whatever the other week. Yeah, that's hilarious. I just don't know with these Hawks guys, but I love what the Hawks are doing. Yeah, they've got quite a bit at the moment. I did see him. They I think it's the second time or whatever. They maybe it's their thing. They're taking a big selfie, big group selfie after the game, like all the lads are in taking a selfie. Then I noticed after this game they were doing that, and then a lady swooped in and just snatched the phone out of their hands. So I think it looked like she worked for the Hawks. So I reckon they've been like, let's we're not doing that on the phone out on the grind or something.
Speaker 1: We're not doing that, Guinea girl pro Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: But that was just another interesting factor in this one. Lloyd Mek, big plumber man.
Speaker 1: He's been killing it this year, Old Mek. He's been going really well a few he's had a few plumber games, a few fifty taps.
Speaker 2: I like, just the big traditional bulkies, stocky Rugby. He is a big boy, a big boy. They're always good. So that's a great game for Hawthorne. Hawthorne back into the pack. So the ladder gets deeper as all these teams failed to fire. Speaking of failure to fire.
Speaker 1: You've been on this Murchis back for the last three weeks.
Speaker 2: I loved it because I feel like I noticed it before anyone else. And then it was mentioned on the broadcast when he missed, like I think he missed one or two goals for the game or whatever it was, and he ended up slotting on and Huddo was all around it kicked Travis bo kicked his first goal for the year, one goal thirteen, So massive moment. We love Bokey was Sam, We're going to get around him last week if he got the job done. And boy did he get the job done. Great goal. There was a couple where I when I was sitting there watching it, I'm like, he's running into a goal and he missed and I was like, fuck, it's in his head, he knows, he knows. And then after he kicked his goal, big double. It's off the back now Trav, Now you'll go and kick. Yeah. I think it was Lewis Jedter that kicked. I think from debut it was like zero goals nineteen or something before he kicked his first goal in AFL for he didn't stop trying. He just kept going. Let's go into Sydney because they had an important duo joined the team again. We had Luke Parker was a late replacement for Sam Wick started as the sub came on in the third quarter, kicked two goals. I had thirteen disposals. Cal Mills Skipper came back after his little wrestle Frakka the Mad Monday celebrations heard his shoulder first game back, kicked the goal twelve touches. So two massive inns for Sydney who are already you know, flying. They had a couple of losses, a little blip, and then they had a big win over North. Everyone likes to come up against North when they need a little win. I just did want to ask you out of those two because I think Luke Parker mentioned it that it does play on your mind a bit. Can you get back into this team that's up and firing. There's been moments throughout your career that the similar stuff has happened. How much does it play on your mind? Because I know that it would. How much does it play on your mind?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think back to probably the most recent one was last year. Like last year, I dropped to the VFL, and around midway through the year, I'd say, and then, yeah, it does kind of play on your mind. But I think you have to have those open and honest conversations with the coaching staff and the coaches and see where you are out and what you need to work on. And I think that the pointier the season gets and the further to get along, the closer to the end, you kind of dig it a bit stressed around that of going okay, like, you know, it's it's a pretty solidified team. You almost have to like have someone injured or something to replace them, because they're not going to want to change the people in the you know, in the different roles and positions if they're winning games. So yeah, it does play on people's minds for sure. And I think you obviously want to be there winning with the team and part of the whole experience, right, And if you know there's someone in front of you that's doing you know, a better job, or you know, hasn't had a stuff up or hasn't got injured or anything like that, you're kind of going, okay, like, where's my opportune going to be whenever it comes to, hopefully the end of the year and being part of something special and finals. So I can totally understand where he's coming from, but it is good to see him back. He's obviously, you know, a big name up there for Sydney, and you know, I think they're better with him in the team and his leadership, so yeah, it's good to see him back. But yeah, Sydney's looking the goods. They did play North Melbourne over the weekend, we'll say, but yeah, still I think they needed that. They had a few losses there. They kind of like need to get back on their horse, get their momentum going. They're still a fair way clear of you know, second place or they're up to open. You know, we're going to fish finish in the top four. That's pretty easier to say. So I think they're back on their winning ways, which is good for them.
Speaker 2: Scary for the rest of the competition that they can have so many big inns. Mcinnernie I think came out for Luke Parker and the third quarter, so hopefully all well is all's well there. We move into the Bulldogs game because they had a massive win over Carlton, but it was it brings up more, you know, selection dilemma and positional dilemma for the Bulldogs because hugle Hagen went on to absolutely start again when Norton was out. So each time Norton seems to be out of the team, ugle Hagen steps up and has a massive game, and it just it keeps driving home that is there too many big players in their forward line, too much tall timber, Like, what do you think could be the possible reasons why this is happening? Because Sam Darcy is also up there, Riley West and Cody Weightman are great foils off the tall guys. So yeah, I feel like Norton is versatile enough to be able to go back. Keep saying it. It seems to be very unlikely to ever happen, but it only seems to be positive when Hugile Haagen is the main man up there.
Speaker 1: I think he's just got more room to work and probably you know, it doesn't feel like he's getting into other people's way.
Speaker 2: Sam Darcy, I.
Speaker 1: Think he's going to be one of the best forwards in the league in the next two to three years. I can pretty much safely say that. I've talked to people in the league and they all have the same thing.
Speaker 2: They're like, man, he's.
Speaker 1: Just got these jukes and he puts these big, gangly long arms up and he can take a Clark say, I think they've got a big upside with their forward line. They're just trying to go Okay, like, realistically, what does it look like? Can we play with three tolls? Can we play with two? And then they moved while back obviously, so they're definitely shifting magnets magnets around trying to figure out where their best team is. But it was good to see Jamar go really well over the weekend. He's a he's an absolute legend. But on the give them a little shout out on the podcast, Yeah, yeah, last year but he was hilarious and yeah, no, it's good to see him going well. But I think it is a lot of one. You have to get experienced together and then if it clicks, then you continue with that. But if it doesn't, you got to keep kind of changing to figure out where the best you know, avenue is for your fore line. And at the moment you look at it and you go, okay, if we have not in Jamar, and how many goals are we getting out of them? Right?
Speaker 2: Like together?
Speaker 1: And then if you go, okay, we just have Jamar in, Like let's say together they kick six and then individually Jamar might kick five and it's like, okay, well a goal difference to have more. You know, they're faster and quicker players to kind of rush through the contest, like do we want to risk that or do we want to have more aerial down line? And it might be, you know, dependent on the team you play and you know the style they play at. So I don't know. I don't think they hundreds that know exactly who their Ford line is. And it's going to change a little bit again whenever some players come back. But it is a shout out to Jamar just you know, keep trogging along doing the best you can, and he's killing it.
Speaker 2: So happy for him for those of us that think that, you know, the Fords just run around like endless jokes inside the Ford fifty. How much cohesion is needed? Is there a hierarchy? So is it like Checkers is like Mace, get out of my way. I'm coming through to take the mark? Is there?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: First? Second, third tolls like who has the hierarchy? Who has the right of way? Do you have to stay out of each other's way? Do you have to you're meant to block for me or like vice versa, like what's the protocol?
Speaker 1: Then yeah, there is for certain circumstances, right Like I'm like Jamie Elliott's probably not gonna you know, but throughout the difference between myself or Jamie Elliott blocking for one another for a lead, probably gonna block for Jamie Elliott, he's a little bit faster. I am a lot more skillful. If it's kicked at the top of the square on everyone's head, yeah, Jamie probably gonna block for me.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So there's like different scenarios in that sense. But I think, yeah, you play to your strength. So like if you have a long downline contest, you probably most likely want me there, and then Check be able to kind of rush off that because he's got the speed that I don't. So you play to each person's strengths and then hopefully, you know, you can be able to have each one impact and then from one to another to the next be able to get into the forward line and be able to kick a goal. So everyone has different things they bring to the table. And I wouldn't say it's a hierarchy quote unquote, but I think it's more of a plenty of strengths and know, you know what people are good at and allow them to shine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it also depends if you've got Buddy Franklin there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just actually don't whatever. You you don't get past halfway, you just let him have the whole half of the field. You sort the rest out. Gonna leave you there on your arm.
Speaker 2: Buddy. Imagine if you imagine if you dropped in front of him and he's like, get out of my way. Next time, you'd be like, yeah, I'll stand in.
Speaker 1: The car park.
Speaker 2: Just gotta leave. Let's talk about the big losers. We'll skip through this because we don't like harping on the on the big losers. But Freo I've I was so ready for Freer to take this one by the scruff of the neck, and unfortunately they couldn't get the job done over Hawthorne. But the consequence of that is not having second spot on the ladder.
Speaker 1: So that's pretty yeah.
Speaker 2: Could have would have Shulder, but unfortunately didn't. They had a pretty dominant third quarter and only managed to kick four six. They did kick more goals, but could have had a lot more more, could have Shutters Carlton. Massive loss for them, not just in the scope of being able to solidify second on the ladder, but it was Patrick Cripps's two hundredth game, and you always like to get up for those milestones. They only went down by a couple of goals and Charlie managed to kick three to seven. Now it was it's you were you going those things and you're like shining light. What's the silver lining of that he's had? He's had, well, he's had ten shotshots, two starters, he's getting a lot of shots. Getting the pill. He's getting the pill. Just got to put it between the big sticks. And I think that was probably leading into this. Harry was the number one banana and Charlie had a couple of quiet weeks for someone that's up the top end of the Coleman so it's good to see him up and about. It's just get that accuracy of firing. Unfortunate one for them to drop. But then I think they got north this weekend so they course correct. And then this one that I wanted to pull out, which I don't know how many people are going to come after me for this one really? Of course, well by the looks of what I'm about to read out, not a lot of people are going to come after me. Because I thought Richmond had one hundred and twenty thousand members and under twenty thousand people rocked up to their game at the MCG, lowest in twenty years, two years. Yeah, and I was flicking through the calendar looking for what was on over the weekend. Not a lot, not a lot, pretty rainy weekend. Maybe maybe the rain kept them away, bit cold, bit nippy. I don't know, maybe stay hard.
Speaker 1: I will say this. I was on the road right at the same time the Richmond game was finishing up.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to.
Speaker 1: Put out exactly what vehicle I saw, but I saw a very heavy amount of Richmond stickers on the back of this yell car that happened to be leaving the MCG before the game had finished. Yellow.
Speaker 2: Maybe the yellow cars just a coincidence.
Speaker 1: It had an established whatever your rich for football car was established on the back. You could say they were a hardcore fan, but they might be a little bit of a fair weather fan. Also at the same time, there's.
Speaker 2: A lot of stickers on that like that's what you.
Speaker 1: See out the back of the day and they just can't be street legal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I just thought one to bring up because the Tazzy game drew eleven thousand people, which almost pips the Richmond game at the G. So maybe Richmond needed a couple more games over at Marvel, just something that they might be able to fill up a bit. You see how they go on that.
Speaker 1: To get murdered by It's like the comments.
Speaker 2: I love it. I can't wait for Maybe maybe I will, maybe I won't. Maybe they all knocked off for the years.
Speaker 1: You've doubled down?
Speaker 2: What no, triple down again?
Speaker 1: Triple down?
Speaker 2: And if we were comment about Richmond, well, if we whack the AFL, if we trust the AFL's crowd numbers, it was probably actually about eight thousand, and they've given him nineteen thousand. Go on for another record this year. Oh anyway, let's jump in. I'm only venting because speaking of big losers, we're heading into the Collingwood game now and we will start positive. Jamie Elliott's return was one of the one for the Ages, a massive return. Everyone loves seeing him back out there after his vascular issues and came on almost kicked an early goal. But then I was grateful that he missed because what he did after that was almost better because he hit a smother, turned the ball over, wheeled around, kicked one on the run running inside fifty, got the standing O from the crowd. It was amazing, amazing to see Jamie Elliott back out there kicking goals on the MCG.
Speaker 1: He's obviously had a fair few weeks on the sideline unfortunately, but it was great to see him back out there, see him deep in the square, just be able to do his thing and be a pressure player, create the contest, get the goals, and it was a beautiful moment. I think whenever he did kick that goal, and only did they go up and cheer whenever he kicked it, went and celebrated of the team. But then you know, as he's going back to the goal square to set up for the center bounce, everyone did a standing o for him as he went back towards the cheer squad and you know, gave a little acknowledgment to the crowd. And I think as a player, you know, very depressing times and frustrating times. I think whenever you're injured and want to be out there, and for him to get back out there and be able to be able to shine on the biggest stage and get that acknowledgment from your fans and supporter base, it's it's a good feeling.
Speaker 2: It's a very good feeling.
Speaker 1: I was I was happy that people did it, and I was happy for Jamie to be able to experience that and play so well.
Speaker 2: It was pretty he was so clean. A couple of these pickups, just one touch pickups handble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he looked a bit dewy, as I say, a little Stuart you.
Speaker 2: It's pretty wild that he can come out after missing so much time and be one of the cleanest players out there. We'll touch on Jeremy Cameron because Jess is back. He does like to play against Collingwood. Yeah, he kicks him from out of bounds in the parking lot. But he had an awesome game on the weekend, and he did touch on the matchup with Q. Now, I thought it was an interesting matchup. Obviously know Jeremy Howe. He's been playing for kind of the whole team out last week too. Yeah, he was probably the one we probably stick on him. Yeah, so the whole team's kind of a bit of a shambles at the moment. But Q giving up fifteen centimeters on him not the ideal opponent, or he did pretty well, like in all honesty to keep him to what he does. Because saying that Jeremy how does play on him and he still likes to kick bags of girls.
Speaker 1: Against I mean, he's Jeremy Cameron. If you keep him to one or two goals, I think it's a successful night. Yeah, there's not many other people in the league that you can sit there and say that, right, Like, there's there's very few. I think about Charlie Cameron, Jesse Cameron, like these players. You know, if you can keep him to a goal or two in a game, and that's a big win for the team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I think looking at it as well, not like he took a lot people talking about the height difference that he gave up. A lot of his were like pick up ground balls, snapped from like a stoppage and stuff like that, and it's like, well, like who could play on him to stop that?
Speaker 1: Anyway, He's a free he's a good player. But yeah, it was it was interesting, Like it's always frustrating seeing him go up against us and playworks. It's something I think you almost look at it and go, Okay, he's had a bit of a history against us. You know, hopefully we can shut him down this week. But yeah, we're sorting stuff out and I think we've had a few different names go through and some people in and out, and it's not allowed for as much consistency as usual. So we're trying to sort through that and try to figure out kind of what our best twenty two or twenty three is.
Speaker 2: There was another interesting moment from the game where Schultz and Stewart seem to clash heads in an aerial contest. Geelong had already made their sub, so they brought on Oli Henry. He came on at the time. Schultz came straight off, realized that he was probably going to have to go into the proto, which is the ten minutes or whatever, and you guys have Reef as your sub, so like, yes, smart at that stage in the game, just to make the immediate sub. But Stewart came off, had blood from the eye, obvious head contacts, stayed down probably longer than Schultz on the field, and was taken from the field because of that incident. They kind of just patched him up and sent him back out there, And I was like, how is there not I understand that you've used your sub, you may as well patch him up and just see what the deal is. But I still thought he would have had to have gone through the ten minute protocol, but he just got sent straight back out there. So I still think outside of that specific incident, we've seen it happen multiple times, and it happened in another Geelong game for Jeremy Cameron, very very similar.
Speaker 1: So he actually went into concusion protocol after the game and he missed two weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so very similar when the game's on the line. I'm not saying anything un toward happened from a Geelong standpoint. I'm just saying broad spectrum stuff. We've talked about it before. I feel like there should be a third party AFL person that sees any head contact like in the NRL and says, look, stop play. That player needs to come off the field, because we've seen throughout the course of this year multiple times where a player will hit their head like Jeremy Cameron and just send the doctor away. The doctor can only do so much, so you want that taken out of the hands. There's the next stoppage. We all know now that the umpires have in ear pieces, they should be communicated with stop the game at the next stoppage. Jeremy Cameron needs to go off. He hit his head on the ground. He needs to be assessed and take it out of their hands because I don't not that I don't trust any doctors or any teams or anything like that. I just think that the player is going to want to stay out there, and it's very hard to put that on a doctor to say, Nah, why didn't you do more? Why didn't you drag him from the ground. Why did It's like, well, one Jeremy Camerons one hundred and ten kilos and he's inner stoppage. How am I going to drag him from the ground. Like you're putting too much on doctors that are just out there trying to do the right thing. I think take it out of everyone's hands, put it in the hands of the AFL, and say give it to a third party and they get to make them didience.
Speaker 1: So like we obviously have reviews for goals and stuff like that, I feel like there should be a review system where it goes to a bunker somewhere and then they can make the decision whether or not they need to come off the ground. It's done by an independent review panel. It's not done by people that are employed by the club. Not to say that that was the case, that you know it was biased from that standpoint, but I think for everyone and they're you know, just sense of mind with this whole kind of thing, like it's best to have an independent kind of person be able to make that judgment, and then off teams have to go through that kind of experience and it's not you know, targeted or biased towards one or the other. It's as someone that's totally independent from the actual the teams itself. So we've said that before. I think that's how it should be. It probably will be like that in the future. I think at some point maybe we able to keep saying this for the AFL to understand. I'm not too sure, but I think that's the best way to adjudicate this stuff, which is obviously such a hot topic and so important right now. And if were we talk about concussions and everything else, like it's it's just a necessity that's going to be, you know, put under a microscope week after week after week, year after year after year. And if we can find a way to make it not inc incentivised, but like not biased towards either one, then I think that's the best outcome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And even if that doesn't make sense for whatever reason. I think from a business standpoint, it is like if we get twenty years down the line and everyone wants to sue, who are you suing? Are you seeing the doctor, you're seeing the club, you're seeing the AFL you like, From a business standpoint, it makes so much more sense to put a framework around it, and everyone agrees that this is the best way forward. And we'll still make mistakes where we don't see wrangle or we don't see something, but we all have to work together to make it work. Yeah, because we don't want to see you know, this continue on and players get hurt and then we have to wait to see who gets in trouble for it or like, Yeah, I think it just makes it way more messy. It's just a way better system. Moving on into the game, we have DC another Plumber Massive Game. So he kicked two goals, one goal, fifty eight hitouts. Yeah. Massive Game was the only Collingwood player that got in the coaches votes. Really he got one so he only got one hitouts. Yeah, so grim times for the coaches.
Speaker 1: I really do hate Rockman don't never get any credit, but.
Speaker 2: It's going to be very interesting. He comes up against me, so it's Plumber v. Plumber. It's like Mario v. Luigi this week, so yeah, that's going to be a massive one. DC been in hot form. He could use a little help there. So we will get into some of these returns because we saw Dan McStay return such a good story kick the first goal in the VFL return, everyone got around him. Amazing story. Glad to see him back out there again. We only just spoke about it last week, so we won't rehash it, but it'd be great to see him out there in the AFL. Hopefully that happens sooner rather than later. But Mason Cox, everyone's talking about Cox on the lips this week, on the tip of the tongue. Everyone has Cox on the tip of their tongue. Everyone wants to know when you're going to be back. Did I say something?
Speaker 1: I want that to because that's going.
Speaker 2: To be the start of the clip. Everyone has Cocks on the tip of their tongue because they want to know when the big man is returning from injury and where you're going to return from injury. So the word on the grapevine is that you might be good to play this week and where are you going to play?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they I guess from the horses, Mat, I guess you could say rehab's gone really well. I've got to the point now I'm getting back into regular training and as long as this week goes well, I'm hoping and you know, in a good mindset that you know, I can be up for selection at whatever level next this weekend. So so I have to get through a few training sessions and make sure that happens, because I've not done a full training session yet. But if I can do that and feel comfortable with it, then yeah, there's a possibility I can play over the weekend. And it's where that's always up to the coaches, right, That's never that is never my decision. There's always up to the coaches and the high performance staff of kind of what they want to do if they want to you know, easy back in or whatever it may be. And you know, we saw Dan obviously coming back from an a CL played a VFL game first before he goes into the IFL, and yeah, it's gonna be it's gonna be interesting see kind of how that falls in its place. But I'm excited from my standpoint to be back into normal training, back into being able to to do everything with the team and be able to not have restrictions when it comes to going out there. So that's a really positive sign. And yeah, we're pretty happy moving forward.
Speaker 2: I love it. Fly Jam Cocks right back in there. Well, I reckon, I reckon, you're not getting what did I say? I don't know what. Anyway, You're not getting any slower, you're not getting any quicker, So I don't see the point putting you in the VFL. Big Dan, Big Cocks straight back in the box. We chuck them in and we're good to go. And then you know, it's good to have a couple of players running out of time. There's not that many games left, so let's get it going and get the wins on the board. So that'll be awesome to see. Let's jump straight into the preview because we're running out of time because we got second. We'll reiterate this second to thirteenth two games in it.
Speaker 1: This is insane to think. I don't know if this has ever happened where it's been this close whenever it comes to the top eight and trying to get into it. But a two game difference from essentially what's Carlton at two all the way down to Hawthorn at thirteen. Yeah, that's insane to think we have what six or seven games left in the season. Yeah, so really anything is possible for that top eight spot and that the run home for a lot of teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every win, every loss makes massive, It has massive implications on the ladder. I will reiterate that this situation isn't because any team is doing well outside of Sydney. It's all teams are sucking just at the right level. They're falling down when they just need to. Look at Freeo, you look at Carlton, you look at every team that just needs to get the obvious win. They haven't been able to do it pretty much all year. So then all these teams are even. So we move into another weekend and we just assume the worst. Because Adelaide and you would just say Essendon is a higher team on the ladder, they need to win this game. They should get it done. But if the ladder has anything to go by, they will probably get flogged. But I'm tipping Essenon in this one. Surely they get it done.
Speaker 1: Cg or Marvel the home game for Accident versus Adelaide, who you know, obviously plays outside of that top thirteen you know, of being able to try to get to that race for finals. So you have to go accident at home front of their home crowd. That's uh, that's going to be my lock for them. It's not gonna be my lock, boy, So I was very tempted to do it, but I'm going to say that's a good chance for usident.
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 1: That's also means I'm timming accident into trying to get out.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, Now this one there's never been a bigger game in the history of the AFL because it is GWS woo versus Gold Coast Sons booo. Because I don't.
Speaker 1: Really care about this game. All I need to know where's it being played.
Speaker 2: Because it's a GWS home gown Gold Coast away game, so we can lock that in. I'm putting that my cock luck huge because I Dimmer said boys, we need to fucking grow up or whatever he said, and they just scraped across the line at home against Port. So the GWS have come good. They're good again. So GWS, that's my cock cloff for the week. They're gonna get it done. Do you reckon? In all honesty, you give them any chance to win an away game this year.
Speaker 1: Plet the fifth that works in Australia. I played the fifth brother.
Speaker 2: It's no great. They've already lost the North, so they're already screwed Saint Kilda versus West Coast, so fucking anyway.
Speaker 1: So we got a whole four versus going to this one sant kill the West Coast ross line hopefully doesn't break another phone this week. Let's get him a head sight. That's what we should be doing.
Speaker 2: Why do we what's the predicted scoreline? Are we're going to see a thirty to twelve or are we gonna.
Speaker 1: This is the thing we talked about. It's like North West Coast Tigers. I think I won't say West Coast has twelve points together on eight. So then if they don't, if they do drop every single game, they're still not getting the number one draft pick if everyone else loses. So it's kind of this whole think of like, okay, do we just kind of you know, push for wins here and just try to be Saint Kilda.
Speaker 2: Well West Coast. Their forward line is so good with watermen and Oscar Allen. They they can't help but kick goals. Those two so it's like it's so hard to get them to stop. That's going to be a problem if Saint Kilda plays one of their stinky games. So let's Saints get to winn Saints to win nas stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm going West Coast.
Speaker 2: It doesn't fiss me off because I have zero faith in Saint Kilda. We'll skip past Hawthorne Collin. When we talked about that last Geelong versus Western Bulldogs, boy, that's a cracker. That's a cracker. Who you've got that one?
Speaker 1: I've got. I'm going to go Western Bulldogs on this one. I like to being a plumber on the day. Okay, Yeah, although Stanley did play in the VFL last week, so I don't know. I might a little call up, you never know, after DC had such a big game. But I've got Western Bulldogs. I know Geelong home games, it's going to be very hard over there, but i've got the Western Bulldogs just coming through.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, it's interesting because Geelong had the hot start then fell off a cliff. Now it looks like they're back, and because every team around them has performed so poorly, they could slot into the top four like nothing happened. In the mid season. Let's just forget the middle of the season ever existed. Well, Western Bulldogs can pretty much do the same thing. They can jump straight back up in there, because every team in the middle of the ladder has a chance to finish in the top four, which is crazy. Port versus Richmond Port all day this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay for you looked like, wait, hold on, he's surely not putting us as the cock park. Now you got Port por to how Richmond Like, sorry, guys, rough Dross.
Speaker 2: Starts to get to this point in the season where Richmond's got to be looking for the end like you would.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've already booked their off season plans. Say, oh, I don't think it's possible for them.
Speaker 2: No. No, Brisbane versus Sydney, this is a great game Brisbane at the Gabba. We like to see it. I Brisbane are going into this one favorite and I think that's well warranted. Given Sydney had their little stumbles. Brisbane have come good. It looks like they're going to be missing Charlie Cameron. We record this before the tribunal, assuming that he takes it to the tribune.
Speaker 1: He's going to get out of four games three gamers three. Yeah, so I can't imagine be playing this weekend.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it'll be interesting from that side of things. But I don't known. I feel like Brisbane at home they're very dangerous prospect and they should get the job done. Lucky Neil is on fire. He got thirty two goals every week. I watched some vision over the weekend where they're like they literally hold him the whole way through a stop it and he still gets thirty six touches. So yeah, he's one of those blokes that can break a tag, knows how to kick a goal. As a midfielder. He'll get the job done against Sydney's unbelievable midfield. But that'll be a great game to watch. Free Oh Melbourne, hold on, let me just throw this out though.
Speaker 1: Oh I've got a little bit of a statement about this, Brisbane said game. I'm gonna put it as my cock clock of the week. Really, Brisbane at home. Harrow would be very happy with this. The man behind the scenes would be very happy. I know Sidney's going well. Sydney though North Melbourne last week two weeks before two losses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a chance.
Speaker 1: I do love Sydney. I love Brodie Grunde, I love the Sydney Swans, but I think Brisbane at home. I've got them winning this game.
Speaker 2: See, I look at it from a negative slant. If I was like working in the newspaper, I'm just saying, Mason Cox declare Sydney cooked the lost to in a row. They got the win against North Mate calm down, game over free oh versus Melbourne. Freo gets this one done. Freo are a good team. Had a little like Stumble last week, but that wasn't like that wasn't choking field. That wasn't choking because Hawthorne played very good footy of Tazzy. So I give them this game. Melbourne have turned things around form wise though, Yes, maybe just not the win.
Speaker 1: We thought they'd struggle without Max Conan then went over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty wild. Interesting, Maybe we don't need rucks. I would keep that on the down loan. You're the one promoting and keep it on the down load because if Max Gorne can be kicked out of the team and they get the dubing, oh.
Speaker 1: No, I've got to go for on this one. I think Freemantle. Yeah, they're too good of a team to be losing at home Melbourne, very tough for them. They're going to be in that group that's going to be really on the edge of the eight trying to get in and we'll see kind of how the rest of your hands out.
Speaker 2: And then Carlton, well, they're going to massacre North Melbourne. They just got to get the win back that they stuffed up on the last weekend. You know, when you you barrack for a team the week before, you want, you know, the team that diversing to be lulled into it like a false sense of security like you want like but no, like Carlton's coming off like a loss. Patrick Cripps is two hundred, Charlie had three seven. They would be so fired up to absolutely dominate this weekend. Okay, if you think they're going to win by how much like I'd like to think. North aren't the team that still gets beaten by seventy points.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'll say sixty, you'll say sixty, yeah stuff, I'll go seventy.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Good luck North, But that's one more game for the round. Almost skipped over the Hawthorne Collingwood game. I feel like Hawthorne are the little Bogie team. They like coming up against you guys. They got the attitude. They like to take it up to Nick Dekos, they like to tag him. They got guinea running around out.
Speaker 1: We played on the gather round. Obviously it is a very tight game and we're fortunate enough to get over the line on that one. But it was very very close and last second type staff. But yeah, we talked about this. You know, Hawthorns one of those teams I think people probably look past over the last two or three years, but now they're they're right in that mix, like they're you know, the same points as us on the ladder. There's just a bit of a score differ, sure, is the only thing that really separates us. So it's going to be a very good game, I think over there over there at the MCG you know from we see the big, big away game. No, it's going to be a great game. I think it's a credit to what they've been able to do over at Hawthorne and their coach has you know, really been able to turn that program around where there's a lot of question marks I think whenever he first took over, and they've got this this you know confidence about them at the moment going about it, and it looks like they're really enjoying their football. So it's a it's a crowd to him when he's been able to create over there.
Speaker 2: I enjoy watching them play when I have a spare four forty on a Sunday free mate.
Speaker 1: It's a Saturday afternoon and where we play calm down.
Speaker 2: I just enjoy watching the Hawthorne team go about it. Obviously, I'm very off them this weekend as Collingwood will get the W in this game. But it'll be great to see because yeah, like you said, it's only a percentage that separates these two teams and they've come good. They've come a long way since gather around. So we'll see how this one pans out and all the best and hopefully you're running around out there. We'll wait and see. Oh we'll keep an eye on cocks this weekend. Got a lot of sexual windows. That's not I've got the one that's spelt like the penises do have the tough fallus last name. I have the good one. Mine's the good one, Yours is the bad one.
Speaker 1: Well that is it everyone that is the preview, and obviously everything that happened last last week with the review. As always, just want to say massive thank you for everything we talked about this this week. You know how important it is for people to subscribe to the podcast and be able to share that with their friends. It as simple as clicking a bell on Spotify or wherever you listen and clicking the subscribe button. It does absolute wonders for us to continue to grow this podcast, so make sure you do that, make sure you can figure out exactly when we come out every Tuesday or every Wednesday afternoon we come out with the podcast, so thank sure you're looking out for that. But massive, massive thank you for being part of the community. Thank you so much for engaging with socials, engaging with you know wherever you listen, and just want to say massive, massive thank you as always for helping us out build this thing to what it is. And with that, have a great weekend.
Speaker 2: Cheez