Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, come on, Oh.
Speaker 2: My, I'm still not okay, britt I am not carry kay, I'm not okay. I have to go and eat a testicle.
Speaker 3: And if you're just joining, no context please context so important here.
Speaker 2: No, it's what do you mean? It's so important?
Speaker 3: I went need to establish why having a great time. And still if you missed it, if you're just tuning in, this happened yesterday we found out Britney Hockley is going into the IMO Celeb Jungle.
Speaker 4: Well that means now that Brittany Hockley, you ma'am, are on your way to I'm a celebrity, get me out of here twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: I'm very excited, but I feel very anxious about what I'm going to have to eat?
Speaker 2: Am I doing the right thing? All I wanted to do was win the challenge in the studio. No, do you know what you need to do now, Brett? You need to stop drinking coffee. You need to stop eating sugar, because, like Julia said to us on Monday, she said to us earlier in the week, the biggest thing that the celebrity struggle with is like going through the withdrawals of all the things that we just do in our normal day to day lives. I am so glad it is you and not me.
Speaker 3: Oh me too, I'm so no.
Speaker 2: There was a part of me that really wanted to win, and there was like I went home, I told my husband, and he already knew that this was in the works, like he'd already had everything all sorted in case it was me. Going Now that it's not me, I'm so glad it's you.
Speaker 3: I was pooing in the backyard in ditches just in preparations, so I've got to go and bury those now, embarrassing.
Speaker 2: How are you feeling, I'm really excited. I'm genuinely really excited.
Speaker 5: Now I do feel very nervous, but I love camping, and I'm hoping just my love of the outdoors gets me through enough of these shitty challenges, because it's going to be some really gross stuff.
Speaker 2: What do you think is going to be the worst one for you? Eating? Eating and eating so disgusting things. Oh, heights, heights.
Speaker 5: I feel sick thinking about it, Like I have a thing with if I have to walk a plank and fall to my maybe.
Speaker 3: You'd be on a hardness, You'd be all right, You'd be fine, we know how nervous you are. It's television not going to kill you.
Speaker 6: Brittany, You're beautiful.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think some bad things have happened in overseas. I'm a celebrities. Okay, you guys are not helping someone.
Speaker 3: Who knows first hand experiences in the jungle. Woody he was on last year. We love him. So what we've done is Laura and I we want to make this a seamless and entry into Africa as it can be.
Speaker 2: To speak to the experts. We got all the information for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you also do need to get a malaria injection, but you do that in your own time. Woody is joining us next for some African advice for you.
Speaker 2: Britt Oh, thank god, do I need it.
Speaker 6: We'll get him in after this other pickup.
Speaker 3: It is a Thursday, which means that we need to do put your thinking caps on and like a therapy couch. Maybe you want to sit down.
Speaker 2: In It's our favorite one. No, everyone comes in, calls up and they've got their deep dark questions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, time for this ask.
Speaker 2: So Ask Uncut is a segment that we do it on Life Uncut, the podcast. We brought it here to the pickup. It's where you bring up with your life dilemmas and we do our best to answer it and we have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, today Simon's called through. Very rarely do we get a guy called through. We get a lot of women.
Speaker 2: We get a lot of women. We had a lot of problems from ladies. We don't had a couple of men.
Speaker 3: Really, Simon went, you know what I want to hear from mitchm cobber mate my boy, and I want to hear what her opinion, Simon, hullo Matte that's going on in your life.
Speaker 7: I could definitely use some advice on this. So I love my father, right, but sometimes she gets a little bit crazy, and I feel like if I could just tell her when she's getting crazy that she's been crazy, but without having the blowback.
Speaker 2: Yes, Simon, that's going to go down really bad if you tell your wife that she's crazy and what instances is she being crazy quote unquote, because it could there could be a reason behind why she's upset.
Speaker 7: All right, So a couple of weeks ago we adopted a cat.
Speaker 2: Laura, how good you're a good man?
Speaker 7: Yeah, So initially we were like, I'm like, can we sleep on this, can we decide if we're going to adopt a cat because we didn't come here to adopt a cat and she just exploded. Now afterwards she's like, sorry, that was a little bit crazy, but I feel like we didn't have to go down that whole road initially, Yes.
Speaker 2: That okay. It feels like there has to be more of a backstory to this. Did she just blew up about adopting a cat like you didn't want to and she felt sidelined and she when you say she blew up and got crazy, what is she doing?
Speaker 7: So basically because I didn't support her adopting the cat straight away that I made her second guess herself.
Speaker 5: Ah, I mean that recently happened to Avary and Laura Burn and her husband Maddy Jane, And what she did was wait till her husband went away and then she went and got a cat without him knowing.
Speaker 2: So it could have ended up like that, really passionately about cats. Guys, Adopted kittens need homes.
Speaker 3: And you need to tread lightly with this advice to Simon because you've done the exact same thing, but roles have been reversed.
Speaker 2: Hypocret I didn't yell at my husband. I just did it pay.
Speaker 3: Hey, bazy, come down, Simon, Can I just say man to man? I would I maybe change the terminology around crazy. I mean, I'm not dating women, but I work very closely to beautiful, gorgeous, crazy, strong, strong, a creative minds. You know you could say that you go, you go, babe, I know you're God. You've got a lot going on in your head. You're so busy, but and you're passionate about it. You're passionate about this rather than crazy. Do you see what I'm doing?
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 7: And yeah, passionate.
Speaker 2: I also think Simon, it depends on when you're having these outbursts, but it's okay to say to your partner in a very loving way. I feel like whenever I bring up that I'm having an issue with something, or if I have an opinion that's not the same as yours, instead of us having a conversation, I feel like you get angry at me. And you know, I want it to be a place where I can tell you how i'm feeling as well and not feel as though I'm going to be attacked. That's okay, but don't call her crazy.
Speaker 5: But you can also say, you can say to your partner, Hey, I don't like the way you speak to me. Sometimes I don't like the way you just said that, Like you can it can be a conversation. Yeah, And I don't like the way you said that because and I think you feel like if you have a really calm conversation explain your feelings, nobody can come for you, right because you're like, look, it's sorry, but like I'm just trying to let you know how I feel.
Speaker 2: When you go crazy. So I have a question when she when she did go quote unquote crazy, even though we say we're not using that word, did you then cave and give her the cat.
Speaker 7: Resistance Simon?
Speaker 2: Now, she's like a todd last. She knows she does that, she gets what she wants. You're a rewarding, terrible behavioral. You do have to have the conversation about it.
Speaker 3: It sounds like you two are quite toxic. Excitement king boys, banter. What does she call you? Has she ever called you crazy?
Speaker 7: Sigh? Look, I've had my moment. Yeah, yeah, she's called it out and it's fine. I'm going to say we are very open and that's why it usually works well. But if we're in the middle of a heated conversation life the cat thing where we probably need to be able to press pause, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Yeah, very self aware. That's good.
Speaker 2: I think that that's very good advice for everyone in their relationships. I think if you're having conversation and it's getting above a six in terms of like how you're feeling, it's time to buy cab. No, it's time to step away, have some time out, and then come back when you can actually talk to each other in a way that's really respectful and kind, like you should never be yelling at each other.
Speaker 3: I think that's why Brittany her boyfriend Ben works so well, because they argue, but because of the times on different is they only ever argue with the twelve hours sleep and.
Speaker 2: One of them goes to it hasn't appen, you do. You fall asleep and you wake up, you forget what you're arguing, you start again.
Speaker 3: It's a perfect cover good relationship. I hope that helps. Simon Maiden and good luck with your cat. Your no, you're powerful.
Speaker 2: And passionate, PROMI creative, creative.
Speaker 7: Partner, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thanks Simon.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, stand by next On the show. Woody is joining us from Will and Woody hear at the network because Brittany, you're heading into the Army celebrity get me out here jungle in two days time.
Speaker 2: Woody has all of the answers because he's lived it, he's been there, he's had the experience. He was on last year's show and he came six. So I reckon six is pretty good. I'm going to bleed him dry for information. It's as close to the winner as we could get.
Speaker 6: Totally you.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 3: Woody joins us Snakes so on the pickup we found out yesterday. All right, our baby britt is going in the jungle.
Speaker 2: Exciting britt You're leaving us. You're gonna go off and be a celebrity in the jungle, and we are going to do everything we can to get you as prepared as possible. I'm so anxious and nervous and excited simultaneously.
Speaker 3: This weekend, you fly out has had.
Speaker 2: A lot of time to get prepared. We're talking our best. I haven't filled out documents, have done it. I don't think you need a lot. They just give you a T shirt. Did they even give you any soap?
Speaker 3: Or can you do in that no idea, You get those carcies, you get some beans. Listen, someone who knows it inside and out is is our brother here at the network. He's on straight after us on Will and Woody, our beloved Woody joins us.
Speaker 8: Now, Hello, mate, welcome to the show. Hello, Yes, your jungle guru.
Speaker 2: Hi Woody?
Speaker 6: Hello, what do you came?
Speaker 2: I think six last year? Wasn't it?
Speaker 6: Bloody?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: Top six?
Speaker 8: We're celebrating top sis. I don't which is real, real, mediocre, isn't it. I don't think there's a ribbon or anything for six.
Speaker 2: But yes, everyone gets a participation award though don't they absolutely lose that? Hey what do you what am I getting myself into?
Speaker 6: It's hell?
Speaker 8: Quite seriously, it's so hard, britt it is.
Speaker 6: It's so hard, and it's not to say that, yeah.
Speaker 8: It's not what you're thinking as well, like a lot of people like you. I mean you've been texting me NonStop.
Speaker 2: Don't tell anyone you might get in trouble for that with with questions about the jungle, and again you're focusing on the part which actually isn't difficult.
Speaker 6: The hardest but is the.
Speaker 8: Boredom you sit and you do nothing in this in this tiny, tiny space. But your questions hilariously have been which bunk should I choose?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: Do you know what?
Speaker 6: Number one question?
Speaker 2: That is so important? And I say this as somewhat yes, Okay, so I learned this obviously you may might know if you're listening, but Britt and I were both on The Bachelor. That was the first thing I learned is that if you choose a wrong bed, you're screwed for the whole time.
Speaker 3: With other people because you just be on a.
Speaker 2: Bed and you're in an annoying spot, and then you're stuck there their length of time, and I can't Once you've picked a bed, that's your bed, you can't change.
Speaker 5: I took a screenshot of the camp from TV I went home, took a screenshot, set the screenshot to Woody did circles of different areas which bed and I said, which area and which bed do I take? And he wrote back, this is not the question I thought I would get for the first question.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it was outraged.
Speaker 8: And then your follow up was do you get a hair brush in there?
Speaker 2: Do you get soap? Do you get shampoo? Conditioner? Do you get a hair brush? Toothbrush, Like, are you allowed to bring that stuff in?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: So the only thing you can bring in is like I think it's two pairs of shorts and then jocks and bathers.
Speaker 3: That's it. That's it from your own stuff. What's the bathroom situation like Woods like it? Is it open slather? Is there a door? Is that actually pit in the ground?
Speaker 6: Good questions.
Speaker 8: So it's an outdoor shower with very limited covering. So if you choose, And we actually did discuss this as will bride this one. We discussed on the phone about showering nude.
Speaker 6: Or a way sorry all together. Yeah, we're very tight. We're very tight now.
Speaker 8: But you are gonna have to make a choice very early on whether you are going to nude up or not ned up.
Speaker 2: So I did go nude for three guys, though I.
Speaker 6: Think it is.
Speaker 8: I truly do think it is, because like, no one wants to see me naked, whereas I mean, I can't.
Speaker 3: I talk to you off the air, Woods, I think.
Speaker 2: A lot of people wanted to see naked when.
Speaker 8: Well so interestingly, so day three, I decided to just ditch the speeders because I just I just couldn't get into the nooks and crannies, like like you can when you're naked. And then when I got voted out, or when I got kicked out, I went into this control room and there were like screens everywhere, and I noticed that there were like six cameras on the shower.
Speaker 2: It was unnecessary. That's too many cameras on the shower.
Speaker 6: I couldn't agree more.
Speaker 8: And I've been told that there was like this unwritten rule that when someone does neod up in the shower, the cameras all go down. They don't and they don't watch. But like I could see the cameras and they were pointing straight at me. And so I walk into this room and there's twenty people sitting there and I just made the joke. I was like, hey, everyone, you guys know me a bit more than I know you. And just so you know, the water in the shower was cold, you know, just nothing, joke whatever.
Speaker 6: Anyway, they laughed way too.
Speaker 8: Loud, and it was like, oh, you know exactly what I'm joking about. And then one guy gets up and he goes, no, no, no, no, in all seriousness, you did me a huge favor because when we had to pixelate your rude parts.
Speaker 6: I only needed one pixel.
Speaker 2: Oh this guy, you're being the showers that we're getting.
Speaker 3: What is your genuine one bit of advice for Britt, Like, in all seriousness, should she be herself? Should she edit herself? You've been in there, you've spoken to production, you know what it's like. What's your one takeaway for brit.
Speaker 8: So I'd say my one takeaway would be and this is just from on experience of when I was enjoying myself and not enjoying myself in there, and when I wasn't enjoying myself, I was I was so conscious of the fact that I was being filmed, and I was thinking about what people's opinion of me would be and what then that's not even the campsite. You're also thinking about what Australia is thinking of you. And when I would get really bogged down in that, I was having a shocking time and it just really fatigues you. Which again I'm sure that's an experience you can relate to it given you've been on reality TV before. When and again, I know this seems like obvious advice, but when you're just like just act like yourself and dick around and and they're not trying to create a scandal out of you. I don't think in this show they're not. They're it's not like married at first Sight where they're trying to get like, yes, we've we've got brit saying something outrageous or saying something controversial, and we're going to drive that.
Speaker 6: I actually want you to look good.
Speaker 8: So just let your guard down, Just drop your guards, drop your guard drop.
Speaker 2: And drop your girl. You guys, the take.
Speaker 6: Home the you're a good man.
Speaker 3: Hey, I think really good advice, britt And when we think.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be thinking about you all when I'm in the.
Speaker 3: That's top six almost winner six ultimate from what you can catch you in a couple of minutes on the drive phone with Will.
Speaker 6: Thanks buddy, We love you guys.
Speaker 2: Guys, all right, hope for me.
Speaker 3: Brittany Hockley. We just revealed yesterday on the show. If you missed it, this happened with Julia Morrison, Robert Owen.
Speaker 4: Brittaney Hockley.
Speaker 2: You ma'am, are on your way.
Speaker 4: To I'm a Celebrity, Get me out of here twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Did you bring Larry shot?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was between me Brittain Laura, we lost laws.
Speaker 2: We we are losers. That's going to say. I think we're the winners because I don't have to go and eat like a pig's testicle.
Speaker 3: Now, No, that is Britt. You've got to do it.
Speaker 2: I have to eat a pig test You're.
Speaker 3: In the jungle. You're going to be there in a couple of days.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's so exciting. I know, we make jokes. We are so so excited for you, which is why we have dedicated this entire show to trying to get you prepped for going into the jungle, which I appreciate.
Speaker 5: I really do appreciate it, because I my my nerves are out of control.
Speaker 2: I'm a bit like, what the hell have I discovered?
Speaker 3: Well, we just heard from Woody. From William Woody here at Kiss. He was in the jungle last year play six. He snuck a whole bunch of stuff contraband into the jungle. You're allowed to do it, well, you're not.
Speaker 2: Allowed to do it. That's the thing that if you hide it well enough and they don't know about it, I mean, you can't get in trouble for to do it.
Speaker 3: Strip Well, you sent enough prison break, you know what our offices that work and what done.
Speaker 2: And over in cough brit exactly right here thirteen five.
Speaker 3: What do you think Brittain needs and should smuggle into the jungle. I've got some ideas. I know you did too, Laura. I reckon one.
Speaker 6: I know you.
Speaker 2: I'm not smuggling you into the jungleman, you don't fit.
Speaker 3: Between my legs back.
Speaker 2: I just got some really visceral images that went too far for our friendship.
Speaker 3: Just there. She's getting real loose, man.
Speaker 2: You sometimes I crack myself.
Speaker 3: You're going we be I think you need to bring in a big razor because think about it, you're going to be You're gonna have.
Speaker 2: Swing wrong with a bit of body hair, midche throw a shame us in our body hair. I'm assuming they're actually going to give you a razor. Sorry, sorry, you're like.
Speaker 3: Damn it, you got me there. I just know brit and I know you want to cut. You want to be well.
Speaker 2: Presented, shave your face. Yeah, I do need something to remem mustache with. By by week six, we're going to be in a real pickle.
Speaker 3: It's manufadel back in the jungle, but it's Brittany Hogy.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that's a raiser. What do you think, Laura? I think, and maybe this is a bit too controversial because you might get into a bit of trouble if you sneak it in. I think you should sneak in an iPod shuffle or an iPod that you can strap to your legs you can, and some little air pods so that you can listen to music, because you're gonna go crazy in there, because there's want to see if I'm walking around with headphones coming out of my ears. But for nighttime or for when you're like just say you're having a nap, lay down in your thing, put your pillow over your head, and just listen to some music.
Speaker 3: Then once it dies, she'll be so upset.
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 7: I think?
Speaker 5: I need to be nice and smuggle something and that can be shared that's not just for me, like lollies lollies or like condiments or like something that's like everybody can.
Speaker 3: Have facial moisturizer. Your face is going to get so dry.
Speaker 2: It will be crusty. Give you things like sunscreen and whatnot.
Speaker 5: They yes, they give you sunscreen because I actually said, because I've had that pre skin cancer thing that I had last year. If you guys were following along and I burnt my face off for this cancer, I said, I'm not going in unless you guys give me sun cream. They're like, oh yeah, of course, like that's standard, not nothing else sunscreen.
Speaker 3: Males called, she's got some advice. What do you think brich should smuggle into the African jungle?
Speaker 5: Male?
Speaker 7: Hi, I reckon she should bring her darling doggo Delilah.
Speaker 2: Al imagine getting her in there.
Speaker 5: Delilah in the camp would be the best contestant they have ever had.
Speaker 2: You will absolutely get kicked out in my line.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, imagine if everyone's like a beautiful roast meal tonight and it's my dog's BRIT's dog Delilah eating Delilah. Terrible advice. Dog eyeballs like Megan, Meghan, what do you suggest and that, oh my god, Delila's eyeballs a bull.
Speaker 2: It's so prettish would recognize away.
Speaker 3: I'll do it. For the points, Megan, what should Britt smuggle into the jungle have to.
Speaker 5: Be coffee, because I remember months ago on the show you.
Speaker 1: Went on a decaff sort of seeing and it would just I remember you hated it.
Speaker 2: So it was about had a few coffees right now.
Speaker 5: Well, it's actually convenient because I've decided not long ago that I needed to have switch out at least one of my coffees for a decaff.
Speaker 2: So I've already started the decay. You know what, You've been surprisedly good. Little health kick that you can be on has definitely very convenience, definitely helped you.
Speaker 3: Meghan, you're getting kickoff. If you mentioned mcconaugh coffee or something coffee, well, regardless, you'll be You'll be fine. Like just just you don't need anything to shine.
Speaker 5: I am going to one hundred percent embrace every opportunity that happens in the jungle.
Speaker 2: I really am.
Speaker 5: I'm going to go in there and live my best jungle life. I can't DM you because I'm in the jungle.
Speaker 3: No, no, I moll mean, listeners can if you want us to smuggle maybe you know what, listeners. If you want to write in some notes for bread or some letters, you can smuggle there. Man, when you're having a down day, you can read it.
Speaker 2: Oh that is nice. That's writing letters, and I mean get them into us quickly though maybe email the don't send you carry a pigeon. Send them my email and we'll print them out and she can take them with us. Fair mail for.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow on the show, we have an ex winner of I'm a Slib, Get me out. If you're joining us to give you some advice. Yes, someone who's won the whole thing is joining us tomorrow. We will see you guys tomorrow from three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see last day.
Speaker 6: It's final show.
Speaker 2: Well, we hope you come back. Bye, my friend.
Speaker 3: You'll be fun in there. Just don't get malaia.
Speaker 2: Yeah,