Speaker 1: Laura, come on inday.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, do you hear? Hear this?
Speaker 3: And every time it comes on, I'm like, we are And then I'm still partying in my head.
Speaker 2: Partying in your head. You're definitely not partying. You realize we are here, is what I wanted to say.
Speaker 4: And we're here for chemist Warehouse heading today, great savings every day.
Speaker 5: As I need to apologize in advance to both of you from my voice today, how I sound. I'm trying to really bring the energy, but I'm quite nasily, got a bit of a head cold.
Speaker 2: Why did you come in dedicated to the work.
Speaker 5: I am dedicated to my craft.
Speaker 2: Just wouldn't have flown last year or during COVID. We would have kept you in zoom.
Speaker 5: Of course it did happen. Remember I got COVID and I had to zoom into radio.
Speaker 2: How times have changed and now they're like, just come on in, you'll be fine.
Speaker 4: We kiss on the cheek when you walked in. We quickly made out all the kiss sessions.
Speaker 3: He's spat on my cake on Monday and then I ate it and so now I know the cold's coming for me too.
Speaker 5: I wasn't sick when I spat on it because also without context, people think I was spitting on your cake.
Speaker 2: And I was part of the show.
Speaker 4: Just for content, great content in retrospect, should we have done it.
Speaker 2: We'll do anything for content.
Speaker 5: Literally anything speaking of talking about literal or anything. I want to tell you about an addiction.
Speaker 4: Wow, you are sick. It's gone to that sickness has gone north. That is the most generic segue ever.
Speaker 6: I think guys didn't bring attention to it would have been stuff. There's a guy that I saw that a long story short has a wild addiction to something, and the lengths he has gone to to break this.
Speaker 5: Addiction is something to be apported. Okay, maybe I don't know, maybe it's supported, but I'm going to tell you about it.
Speaker 4: All right. That's on the way the pickup around the country for your Wednesday. A welcome happen to be here Wednesday. Here on the pickup Brent, Laura and Mitch Hey heading to Chemis's Warehouse. If you're stuck on a Mother's Day gift, They've got you covered with big brain and fragrances at the lowest prices. Chemist Warehouse got great savings every day.
Speaker 5: Okay, you've just made me think of something. When you said head in, I want to speak about it.
Speaker 2: A man in.
Speaker 5: Turkey's head, believe it or not. That's where we're going today.
Speaker 4: Man in Turkey head and all the way.
Speaker 5: His head isn't in a turkey, he's in the country. There is a man that lives in Turkey and he is wildly addicted to cigarettes. Two packets plus a day is what he said. His father had lung cancer and he didn't want to do that. He didn't want to die from lung cancer, but he was so addicted he couldn't stop. So he has come up with a very innovative way of quitting smoking. I want to know what you think about it. He got inspiration from like a football helmet, you know, the big American football helmets, and they go across the mouth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the cage like a cage.
Speaker 5: So he's made his own cage. He got one hundred and thirty feet of wire, copper wire and wrapped it around his head only millimeters a partner. I've got a picture. You have a look. There is a wire cage that goes all around his head, his eyes, his face. There is and he's put a padlock on it. There's no way in or out of this cage, and it's just around his neck, his face, his head, so he's walking around almost like a sea through bowling ball is on his.
Speaker 2: Head where he made it himself.
Speaker 4: It's very goody that sell well.
Speaker 5: Absolutely trademark that immediately. But it's not only you can not get a cigarette through it, but he can only eat like a bird like he's got to eat these little crumbs. They feed him crumbs his family crumbs through the cage, tiny SIPs and water, and he does. He goes to work in it. He lives twenty four hours a day in it. He only takes it off when he needs a proper meal. And he can only get it off when his family unlock it with the key.
Speaker 3: So he has given somebody else full access to keep his head locked on a lot of trust to a lot of trust.
Speaker 2: If you lost the key, ura loses everything.
Speaker 5: I would never give you my head cage key.
Speaker 2: Nah, don't do you know what?
Speaker 3: I lock my phone sometimes into those little lock boxes at nighttime? Do you just yeah to just get like an out because I'm very addicted to my phone. You actually, wow, you're all looking at me like I'm crazy. I don't put my head in a metal cage.
Speaker 4: What did you go to a bank and go, can I have one of those lock boxes for my phone?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I have one of those little lock boxes that's got a timer on it.
Speaker 3: You put your phone inside it and then you can't get your phone out until the time that you've put on.
Speaker 2: There it expires, and then wow, that's really cool. Yeah, I mean he.
Speaker 3: Should have just done this for his head, and then he could have pre programmed it and didn't have to give a key to He put his head.
Speaker 4: In an electronically timed box.
Speaker 5: But what happens when you really really hungry, or what happens if you're sick and you need to vomit and you don't have the key and it comes, or it's like when you push something down and drain, like spaghetti or something.
Speaker 2: It'd be like vomiting through a fly screen.
Speaker 4: But do you know what he looks like? You know those roast turkeys you get at the grocery store that have the netting around them. Because he's ball, that's what his head looks like. He looks like a rose.
Speaker 5: He looked like a serial kill. If I saw that walking down the street, I would run onto the other side, okay, I would run away.
Speaker 3: Very embarrassing but very very effective. And also some people have to go and take shampicks for smoking. Shampis is like the It's like an addiction drug that you can take and it makes you go absolutely loopy.
Speaker 2: That's one of the side effects ways is that you have psychosis.
Speaker 4: Did he quit?
Speaker 2: Well, he done it.
Speaker 5: It's actually it's happening live like the world's watching on to Cage Man live.
Speaker 4: Was there a GoPro trapped into that cave?
Speaker 5: Well, we're being updated live, but he currently is down to zero, but that's not the cage.
Speaker 2: Is still on his head. Surprising.
Speaker 3: I think the real test is going to come when the cage is removed and life goes back to normal.
Speaker 5: Is he going to smoke again? But I'm intrigued watch this space.
Speaker 4: That's crazy curbed his addiction. All right, guys, next on the show. You know, I'm the king of TikTok. I spend all my time, so I love that thing. Literally your VP, I love it and a lot. I can watch a lot. But a worrying trend that I've seen in this country where kids steal family pets from front yards from backyards live stream it on TikTok is going viral. It's actually happening in this country. You won't believe the audio. I've got it for your plate, for your next at the pickup. It's the pickup, Laura and mitchire for your Wednesday heading to chemist warehouse today, great savings every day, guys. I need to bring something to the show that has actually upset me greatly. And we're all across this because we were talking about it before the show started. But I was scrolling through TikTok. I'm like the resident TikTok lover. I was scrolling the other night. This story has since made it to the news. I came across a video which I thought was a prank. I thought it was a sketch. I didn't think it was real. It was these kids, This is happening in Australia. This is happening in Queensland, seemingly kidnapping a cat, a beautiful ginger cat, from someone's house, filming it, putting it on TikTok. They're laughing hysterically. You know, there's this a beautiful cat at someone's house. I know you guys haven't seen the video because it's since been deleted, but it is. It's graphic. I mean, these kids are grabbing Garfield the cat, a little ginger cat, and they are stuffing it in the back of a car. There's a girl in the car and she's screaming, going, you gotta squash it, you gotta squash it, pull it in the car. It made me sick to my stomach. It's made the news. Have a listen to this.
Speaker 3: Teenagers seen here snatching Garfield from his home in the dead of night and throwing him in the boot of a getaway car.
Speaker 2: No, you're gonna squish it. You're gonna squish it.
Speaker 4: A bunch of kids targeting an innocent animal.
Speaker 5: What the fuck?
Speaker 4: The worst part was these kids were boasting about it as if it was an achievement on their TikTok. They've since posted another video bragging that they've made the news. They're so happy that they've made the news. To this moment that we go to air the cat, Garfield is still missing. No one knows where it is.
Speaker 3: This is I mean, it's viscerally disgusting, right. But the thing that makes me so angry about this and so like, I don't even have the right words for it It's like, what where is the line in terms of creating content in the hope that it's gonna go viral?
Speaker 5: And I think that's animal cruelty. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, But there's kids out there who are so social media obsessed that they will do things in order to go viral, regardless of how that affects people or how that what if that has on animals, But they're doing it for a viral video. They're doing it to get lives and views on TikTok.
Speaker 5: These kids need to be found and charged. This is such disgusting and disturbing behavior. And the fact is, if you have posted something on TikTok, that's how I'm on it. If you've posted something on TikTok, you have an account, we can find you. Why have the police not tracked them down and found them yet? Why has the cat not been returned? Why have the kids not been charged? And I don't care. If you're thirteen, you know what you were doing is wrong.
Speaker 4: If you are a.
Speaker 5: Teenager, you know that's stealing someone's pace from the house, they'd be on it. And well, where is it? The cat hasn't been returned yet. I don't know if they found it.
Speaker 4: That have to be looking into it. The worst part is is kids are gloating allegedly. Earlier in the week, the same account posted a video of saying I love kidnapping cats. God, I love kidnapping cats.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and watch this space.
Speaker 2: They're doing it for cloud.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you guys remember this, but only last month this also happened in Queensland. There was a little girl who was kidnapped. She's thirteen years old. She's kidnaped by her friends. She was tortured in a house and they posted it live on TikTok And for me, it's like, why is wanting to go viral? How has that become such an ambition for children? And the problem is is kids who are thirteen years old, they don't necessarily understand the consequences.
Speaker 2: Of what they're doing.
Speaker 5: Now I call in bullshit on that.
Speaker 3: No, because the one is to be famous, right, the one is to push it and then they get carried away. They don't understand the digital footprint that they're creating.
Speaker 2: They can't.
Speaker 5: You I'm going to disagree. If you're thirteen, you know kidnapping and torturing a friend is wrong. You animals is wrong.
Speaker 3: Look I'm not saying they don't know what's wrong, but what I'm saying is that that social media is warping people's perception around what is ethical though, and the want to be viral trumps it, and that's really really scary.
Speaker 5: Cool, Let's start charging them and arresting them then, because well, if we keep applauding them and nothing happens and we part them, we're going to slap on the wrists and say, oh, don't kidnap and torture that person again, don't kidnap this animal again. Of course they're going to keep doing it.
Speaker 4: All I'm with you. We also know what Harming animals is the first step of I mean, we've all seen the documentaries. Harming animals is the first step and a very slippery slope of someone who is not well. So that's horrendous.
Speaker 3: But also what's happening in their schools? Are they going to school and because they have gone viral, are they being seen as being you know, a hero because they've had this vile TikTok? So yeah, they might be getting publicly into trouble, but are they still amongst their peers being seen as being cool for having a viral TikTok.
Speaker 2: That's the big question. I heard it here.
Speaker 5: First, it's not cool to kidnap animals, to kidnap people for animal cruelty, So pull your head out right now. Someone find these kids and charge them all.
Speaker 4: So, if you're in Australia and you've got a little cat that loves to just sun bake out the front, seriously, like, just bring it in, bring them in because there's widos out there. Updates on Garfield the cat when we get it. Hope Garfield's okay?
Speaker 3: So do I Well, I mean, lastly, if you're someone who knows anything at all, go to the police.
Speaker 4: Good call.
Speaker 3: Well, look, coming up next, I want to there's something that my mother in law, who's delightful, but there's something that she's been doing that is very strange and I want to know whether you guys think the same.
Speaker 4: All right, you're going to that's next. At the pickup, it's the Pickup Wednesday AVO with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Here. If you're stuck on a Mother's Day gift, chemist Warehouse has you covered with big brand fragrances at the lowest prices. Chemist Warehouse have got great savings every day.
Speaker 2: Speaking of mother's I won the mother in law jackpot. I truly did.
Speaker 3: Matt's mum is an incredible dream come true and I love her so much. But look, that's not what I want to tell you about. We recently went on a family holiday to Rockhampton and it was a beautiful holiday. It was all of Matt's side of the family, the kids, his sister, her kids, Matt's brothers, and Matt's mum.
Speaker 4: The big trip with the family.
Speaker 3: It was a very big trip now considering that there was quite a few of us in the house. Two weeks before we went away, Matt's mum sent an email saying, email very formal, saying, I need to know everyone's shopping order because we need to place an order before we get to Rockampton because apparently there's no grocery stores there.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, I like that.
Speaker 5: A woman that thinks ahead prepped.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's very very food orientated, and I understand as the mom, as the nana, she always wants to make sure that like the meals are ready and that everyone knows what they're going what they're gonna eat, that no one goes hungry.
Speaker 4: She was a single mum raising a whole bunch of kids.
Speaker 3: Ye have five children, you know, so she always had to be planned with what meals were gonna pop up, because you know, you just she got four boys.
Speaker 2: You don't want four hungry boys.
Speaker 4: That's a lot of food.
Speaker 3: So we arrive at our holiday destination and our luggage has gone missing. But Ellie starts to freak out. She's so upset because she has some things in her luggage that she needs. They need to be refrigerated. It turns out that she has not only has she done the pre ordered packing and the pre ordered ordering of our food, she's also packed in her suitcase frozen meals for every single dinner. She packed a frozen lasagna, She packed a seven chicken fillo pastries that were frozen.
Speaker 2: She packed a frozen bolonnaise. She packed frozen kishas.
Speaker 5: Do you mean frozen? Is in like the pre made meals from the frozen section or she makes you crazy?
Speaker 3: She did full holiday meal prep and frozen in her luggage and then luggage onto the plute dream boat.
Speaker 2: Is it is the weirdest thing I've ever heard. She packed a frozen bolonnaise in her luggage with her hair dryer.
Speaker 5: Think of how I think of how often you're at your new accommodation and you're like, man, I feel like a lasagna right now.
Speaker 2: She's got it.
Speaker 4: Never I've never once sat in a tropical holiday destination and thought, you know what, I love my Nana's mussaka. I want to go out, and I want to go and get a beautiful meal, because that is part of the holiday, the experience.
Speaker 5: Of going out.
Speaker 3: I also want the spontaneity. I don't know if I want to have a bolonnaise on a Sunday night. I want to maybe order tie on Uber Eats.
Speaker 5: I think it's more. I don't think she's gonna sit you down and tie you to the chair and say I made this, eat it. But it's probably more of a backup in case anyone's extra hungry or a snack.
Speaker 2: Or but it's meal prep. We can't leave a frozen lasagna in rock Hampton. Course you can't. So no, it was like, this is these are the meals. Friday we're eating bolonnaise. Saturday we're having the Keisha's. There's a part of me that was like, I'm sorry, why, why did why are we doing this?
Speaker 4: Where does Matt sit on this because he's matt like, hey, let me get the meat bag. Like, is it something they bring on every trip to the kids know that she does this? Is he like judging you for thinking it's odd?
Speaker 3: I think it has so normal to them that I mean, he thinks it's endearingly crazy, but it's also completely normal.
Speaker 2: It's what they do on every family holiday.
Speaker 5: It's okay because it's so laced with good intention. That's why I think it's she wants everyone to be fed. She doesn't want anyone to panic. She wants them to have a good, hearty, home cooked meal. It's a bit strange, just doesn't let you go out at all and you have to sit down and have every meal in that she's cooked. But I love the intention behind it. Also, maybe she was trying. It's economically bad times, it's hard times. Maybe she's trying to save money for everyone.
Speaker 4: Are you serious? Oh babe, welcome to.
Speaker 2: The everyone goes to Hawaii.
Speaker 4: Did you bring the sunscreen?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Bring the goggles of course.
Speaker 2: What about the lasagna? Got it?
Speaker 4: Do you have the beef, pork and young Yeah?
Speaker 1: Good, so I do.
Speaker 2: Stupid.
Speaker 4: I'm so sorry, but it's so stupid.
Speaker 3: I think that's some things freeze better than others. Flying within a frozen cash in your suitcase, it's probably not.
Speaker 4: Pete's caught on thirteen one o six five. Pete, where do you stand on this?
Speaker 1: You've got to be kidding me? Is this lady a joke? Or what she's going on holidays and what she's taking frozen meals with her?
Speaker 4: Peat?
Speaker 2: She's delightful, she's my mother in law. Don't talk about it like that. You started the conversation.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but what like?
Speaker 4: I mean?
Speaker 1: That's tight as of Fisher's mom. When you do something like that, you're going out. You're going out for a freaking holiday. You don't want frozen meal.
Speaker 4: It's a beautiful war.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry against everyone in this room and you, Pete. Ellie, you're doing a wonderful job. I think you're looking after your family. I'm pro Ellie. Ellie is to beef mong and Young or whatever it's.
Speaker 4: Called beef mong and Ya.
Speaker 2: Well you can tell it, Jesus.
Speaker 3: It has never ever meal prepped or brought a frozen mill anywhere beef mong and Young never.
Speaker 4: That's so good, all right, we love you Ellie here at the pickup, but you know go to subway. For God's sake, Ellie, I love you, Will and Woody are up next to drive you home. We will see you tomorrow everyone, so say you guys,