Speaker 1: Is it just me? A podcast by a couple of mitches. Hello, darlings.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to pop in with a quick bonus episode for you because something rather exciting happened to me today. I was a guest on the Kyle and JACKIEO Show, which is fucked like a good fuck.
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 2: It's one of those pinch myself moments. Absolutely, because I'm sure many of you would recall that I used to work for Kyle and Jacchio for many years and I quit that job earlier this year. And for any of our international listeners that don't know, Kyle and JACKIEO are the biggest show in Australia without a doubt, and one of the biggest shows in the world. So I already had the fattest imposter syndrome when I worked for that show. So to be invited on as a guest to talk about the live shows I've gotten Sydney in a couple of weeks, yeah, it was some weird full circle shit. But anyway, if you'd like to hear how it went here, it is.
Speaker 3: Still blay a couple of mitches, you know, Mitch Coombs used to work here doing all our social media and video stuff. He was switching the show. He left because he decided he wanted to do standard. He was a funny kid. We found him online. Yeah, he being a funny guy and we thought, yeah, he can work here.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, heaps of people know anyway.
Speaker 5: Tombs is big on TikTok and everywhere else and doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah as you say, you stand up.
Speaker 3: So you left us, Mitch, good morning, welcome.
Speaker 4: We used to call you meek Mitch.
Speaker 3: You did, Yeah, you're quiet, You're not actually that meek.
Speaker 1: Well, it's because I was so nervous meeting you guys.
Speaker 2: I think the nicknames are usually based off first impressions, and I was like, oh, it's command Jacky were all me and Mile I did Yeah.
Speaker 5: But to do a stand up show, well you can't be meek and mild for that.
Speaker 1: Apparently I'm a little bit nervous because I used.
Speaker 2: To hate public speaking and stuff in school. So I'm like, why am I doing that?
Speaker 3: Didn't you like you are a funny guy?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 3: But is it nerve wracking to go on stage in front of strangers and just start hoping that you entertained them?
Speaker 1: I thought it would be, but it hasn't been too bad so far.
Speaker 2: I've done a few open mics, but that's like what a five minute set, and my own shows are going to be a bit different.
Speaker 3: What do you've got planned? And when are they and how can people go and what?
Speaker 2: So they're I think they're in about two weeks, so sixteenth to eighteenth December.
Speaker 3: I think they're in two weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And they say that out that I'm like, oh, two weeks.
Speaker 3: That yeah? And do you just collect things over time?
Speaker 4: Material you do?
Speaker 2: It's kind of like it's hard starting with a blank canvas, but once you start thinking of things, you just word vomit really and yeah, yeah, you just wing.
Speaker 3: It like I do this show. You know, I don't really like a lot of people think we come in here, even other radio stars or other radio shows. They're convinced that we come in here and early and we're writing down jokes. I don't find that clever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought we just wing it here.
Speaker 3: We don't have anything planned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I've taken that from you. I don't know if that's a good influence. They're a bad influence and good thing. But I've seen other people go out there with notes and they like pull it out of their pocket to double check.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, am I supposed to do that? I'm just like, they, No, what's the worst that could happen?
Speaker 4: And do you miss working here? Please?
Speaker 3: See? Yes?
Speaker 1: I do? I do.
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: One thing I regret is that I never got to work with Lockie and now here I am where again? I know you have to get another token, awkward one.
Speaker 3: And didn't you that much replaced you with the black man because of the Black Lives Matter thing? No doubt.
Speaker 4: I don't know really what your majesty replaced you.
Speaker 3: What do you think of your majesty? Your majesty put yourself on the air.
Speaker 1: Hi Darling. I actually recommended him, did you did? I tell you how that? You know how it came about.
Speaker 2: I went up to him at our intern Pete's birthday when he was working for the opposition. I said, hey, I'm thinking of resigning soon. Would you want to be recommended? And he's like, oh my god, I love that And I was like, okay, good, I'm leaving it to someone who you know wants it, So that was going.
Speaker 4: He's been great too.
Speaker 2: He was actually probably better than you ever were, because whenever I come in for the podcast, no one's here, including him, and I'm like, there will still be here till like five in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: He must be way better at editing.
Speaker 3: Maybe he is quicker. Yeah, but you've followed your dream. So your dream was to keep going with the comedy. Well that's how you started. You came here, and then what's the plan, Adam Sandless status, what do you have?
Speaker 2: Not really Handless satus know. And the comedy thing wasn't why I left. It just kind of came about and I was like, oh, like I'd always wanted to do it. Falls you've just fallen, not kidding, that's what happened, falling into it.
Speaker 5: I think it's good because, like when when people are doing content for online, you find that there are funny people out there that would never have any intention of being a comedian or doing that sort of being in that field.
Speaker 3: Every work science got their local funny on.
Speaker 5: Right, and then you start to get traction and you get followers, and before you know it, you've got opportunities.
Speaker 2: And there's so many people I know that are way funnier than me, And I'm like, can you just film yourself like you could easily blow up on TikTok, don't help anyone.
Speaker 3: Else, don't help anyone, taken all for yourself.
Speaker 2: A known for TikTok or oh it's different. Some people say, are you meet Mitch from KYL and Jackie O?
Speaker 1: Right like me?
Speaker 2: And then there's you know, some people recognize from TikTok and the podcast.
Speaker 1: It's it's different.
Speaker 3: No one recognized it from the podcast.
Speaker 1: It's weird, right, you wouldn't think, but it does happen.
Speaker 3: Now, did you interview Lawsy?
Speaker 2: It was just last week and I knew that I was going to be coming in here, and you know how you were talking not long ago about how people think you're gay Kyle and you might be in the closet.
Speaker 3: I wasn't talking about that. Jackie brought that up. I never thought that once in my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was the whole thing, and I thought, hey, while I'm here, I might get John Laws's two cents.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I sent the audio through.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, we do have it, I believe.
Speaker 3: Listen, so you've asked Lawsy about the gainess, yep, I did. Let's hear you. Here's me Mitch, sorry, Mitchell Coombs, thank you, and Lawsy.
Speaker 2: They've been chatting a lot on Kyle and Jackie I show recently about the fact that a lot of people suspect that Kyle could be secretly gay.
Speaker 3: What do he means secretly?
Speaker 2: They were telling him that you do come across that way at a glance, some people might suspect that you're gay.
Speaker 1: What do you think of that?
Speaker 6: I don't think so, And it wouldn't matter if he was, wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I like Kyle.
Speaker 6: I get on very well with Kyle. He and I have friends. Yeah, yeah, you know, you've got to be careful. That probably was a sweeping statement, but yes, we're kind of friends. Am I having lunch with Kyle or something soon?
Speaker 3: Yes? Better organized that.
Speaker 6: I like having lunch with it. I find him music, and I find him also a very genuine booke. I think if you were in trouble, you could turn to Kyle and he'd do his best. It mightn't be very good, but he'd.
Speaker 3: Do his best. I think so too.
Speaker 6: He's taken everything from me, a gold microphone, the headphones, the Rolls, Royce car, the lot, the lot.
Speaker 3: He hasn't got.
Speaker 6: A single genuine original thought, and he's rather lovely.
Speaker 5: Gest the lovely head he says he's got the etiquette Downpat, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sounds like he's a bit gay for you, though, doesn't that He says, no, Kyle's not gay, and then just proceeded to for thirty seconds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he got started, we couldn't shut respect.
Speaker 3: I have respect for him, he has respect for me. We tease each other a bit.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you do, because he was saying, oh, don't I have lunch with Kyle. Yes, you did have lunch with Kyle Cancer on the day.
Speaker 3: On the day he did.
Speaker 2: We did ask about the long lunches and he said that they go for like nine or ten hours.
Speaker 3: They get way too long.
Speaker 2: I thought he was kidding, but he's like, no, no, at least that sounds that too long.
Speaker 3: It's too long. But I like Lawsy. But it was pissing with rain on Friday, and I just thought, yeah.
Speaker 4: No, people always cancel on rainy Day.
Speaker 2: I just realized that that Friday is when we spoke to him, and he's like, I've got to leave it. This time, got something on and that was you.
Speaker 1: You canceled.
Speaker 2: I could have done like a two hour interview see Carl Santa strikes again.
Speaker 3: I got ben Fordham to do because he's like my secretary lives. He's got his show, I got mine, but he's my bitch nine to five. Fair enough, So I said to Ben aa, ain't coming you handle Laws? It's raining.
Speaker 4: He would have still gone to that last.
Speaker 3: Did you see your photo of him and Lawsy on the golf cart? I thought he didn't tell Lawsy. He didn't tell otherwise Laws, he wouldn't have gone to lunch with just Ben Fordham. Yeah. No, one wants to do lunch just with Fordham.
Speaker 1: Shouted out for ten hours exactly lunch.
Speaker 3: Thanks, So your stand up. If you want to check out Mitchell Coombs, he's on Instagram and the there's a link in his bio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where you get the cigarets.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 3: Where are you doing it? In the backyard or an events center? Where is it?
Speaker 1: It's a factory theater, which is the mark.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: Oh that's so cool.
Speaker 3: Are we going to go, guys? Or is the staff going to go and support an old team member? Yep?
Speaker 1: Brought my tickets?
Speaker 3: Yeap? Did you Peter?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 3: Thursday Night show?
Speaker 1: I was gonna go the STU bit of a way, Yeah right, okay? Cool?
Speaker 3: Mitch never liked Peter anyway, I love.
Speaker 2: It's very weird that anyone would come. Isn't the tradition that you don't support old staff memm.
Speaker 3: Normally?
Speaker 1: The hell you've come on stuck? You do support old stuff only.
Speaker 3: I destroy old stuff? Was that fleet and other radio stations?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I promise you wouldn't do that.
Speaker 3: I haven't, of course not. You are at a standard where you're too good for the other stations, usually the ones that leave here and go to Nova and today they're terrible employees. Anyway, Personally speaking.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know what now, Mitchell?
Speaker 1: Are you doing the guests the selib story next?
Speaker 4: Or is that someone else?
Speaker 1: I've got one?
Speaker 4: Okay, great that now? Okay great?
Speaker 1: Oh you want to hear the story now? And then you can ring next?
Speaker 3: Okay, people can ring up and guess. Sorry, Mayo, are you trying to direct me in like an I just thought.
Speaker 7: Jackie said, like next, the whole story. But we're doing the story now cause next.
Speaker 4: Yes, she's all a lot of them today, isn't she.
Speaker 5: I feel like I'm just starting out in radio, and Mayo's like Wendy Harmer. She knows everything and she's teaching.
Speaker 3: That I just was, okay, now you just keep your arm.
Speaker 4: I'll be quite sorry to yourself.
Speaker 5: So we can do it now. So Mitchell, you've got a story about a celebrity. You won't say who they are. We have to guess and the listeners will call in and try and have a stab at it.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 2: Tell us this is going back to when I was quite young and I'd come to Sydney because I wanted to, you know, work in media. So I come to do work experience and I think it was my last day at work experience and I was leaving the place. I'm going to keep it vague, you have to it, and one of the talent, the stars at the place I was doing work experience, ran into them in the elevator and they said, oh, where do you live? And I said, you know, just one suburb of way. Oh great, I'll give you a lift home.
Speaker 3: Notice celebrity was going to give you a lift home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was like, oh, okay, sure, let me get Harvey once it's heading in that direction. And so we get down to the dark DUNGEONNY car park and there's no one else there. I get in the car and as I'm sitting down I feel them grab my ass and I was like, oh my god, what is going on?
Speaker 3: Does celebrity grab your art?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they don't really teach you stranger danger on the farm where I'm fright, I was like, oh god, I walked right into this being I'm being filled up and being interspared with and.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking you're in a basement somewhere. It's a celebrity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this is like peak Meek Mitch. I was so anxious and all these thoughts going through my head. I'm like, oh my god, I finally got to Sydney and now I'm going to be traumatized from day one.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to go home.
Speaker 2: But then there was my inner like evil bitch thinking or I could just say to them give me a job, or I'll blab. But it didn't come to that because after I sat on the hand and they you know, there was a bit of cupping as they said, oh, sorry, you're sitting on my Sunnies passenger seat.
Speaker 3: You weren't being molested after all, No wanted to be molested.
Speaker 2: Did I mean it would have I don't know it would it be a better story if I was not?
Speaker 1: I don't think it would have been.
Speaker 5: You know, I was a little surprised we were going down this path, like someone, are we doing this?
Speaker 3: It seems to even flash the light that this might be going down the wrong court proceeding.
Speaker 4: I guess we just have to imagine.
Speaker 5: It has to be Australian, has to be somewhere you do a work experience, and which star would be nice enough to offer Mitch a ride home?
Speaker 3: Yeah, sat on their sunglasses, So this person.
Speaker 2: They were trying to reach for them to like rescue the sunlight before I'm.
Speaker 4: Sorry, so you did actually sit on the hand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I definitely felt I definitely felt that that was definitely.
Speaker 3: The celebrity has to be low enough on the celebrity scale that they're driving themselves around.
Speaker 4: Well, having said, well everyone does that, even you do that, Kyle, but this is not like.
Speaker 3: A big time even Russell drives himself around.
Speaker 4: Everyone in Australia drives.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I did think to myself, this can actually kind of smells like cash.
Speaker 1: It literally felt like cash dollar note.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they're kind of.
Speaker 2: Rich, possibly, you know, in bezzling, they've got a bunch of cash in the brood.
Speaker 5: I don't know, Okay, well, thirty one, six or five, have a cracket who you think that celebrity might be?
Speaker 4: And there will get a prize.
Speaker 3: Trains that you're smelling a fifty dollar note so close to your nose that you know what it smells like.
Speaker 1: It's very out of character, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll take you.
Speaker 3: And he told us a remarkable story about when he first broke into the entertainment industry. You were a boy from the bush. Where did you live?
Speaker 1: Bogan Gate?
Speaker 4: Who thought it was called and that's the real name.
Speaker 1: You can't make that up.
Speaker 5: You can't make that up. And the fact that you are from bogan Gate?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know right where is this joint if you look at them app in New South Wales, that's pretty much right in the middle, near park from Forbes.
Speaker 3: Oh god, how many people lived in this little town too? Under it?
Speaker 1: If that?
Speaker 4: Did you know everyone?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Weirdly enough, I've left the place and people have been like, oh, you know those that gay farm a couple.
Speaker 1: I'm like, there's other gays. I thought I was the only one. I thought I had met everyone.
Speaker 3: And now Mitch told us the story. He was doing work experience somewhere, but there was famous people there wherever it was. Yeah, he got he finished his work experience for the day, got in the lift and a famous person was in the lift, correct and offered you a lift home exactly.
Speaker 4: Which is very nice of that, very nice.
Speaker 3: So they seemed like a nice celebrity. Then as you're getting in the car when you sat down, the celebrity's hand was underneath your bot bot but they were grabbing their sunglasses off the seat. Mitch thought he was being felt up.
Speaker 1: And I assume the worst, of course.
Speaker 4: That it probably wants out.
Speaker 5: It was all very innocent, so we had to guess who that celeb is. All right, Jenny's first up, Jen, what's your guess?
Speaker 3: Good morning, Jo, morning to you all.
Speaker 2: I think it was Tod McKenny. Todd McKenny was No, it wasn't.
Speaker 5: No, Oh, never mind, I'm getting like a little bit, I'm not getting gay vibes from this person.
Speaker 1: Am I allowed to narrow it down by answering that, or.
Speaker 4: Well, if they're gay, that really is narrow.
Speaker 3: Should arrow it down with one guest?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, Tony, what's your guest?
Speaker 3: Hello? I'm not sure about my gay vibe person, but could it be perhaps Shannonole, Shannon Nole. No, it wasn't Shannon No or you wouldn't expect Shannonola be grabbing your arms.
Speaker 5: No, no, I can't think what company he would be even working for.
Speaker 1: That's the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he actually grew up nearby and gave finally enough so we knew each other.
Speaker 4: You did, right, so you.
Speaker 3: Knew someone because you saw them on stage.
Speaker 1: Ones, Well, I didn't see him on stage, knew him? Yeah, he was from Condo on Australian idol. That was the big exciting thing in the bush at the.
Speaker 4: Time, was that barracking for nolesy down in barrel.
Speaker 3: Jennifer lives there. She's got a guest, Hi, Jennifer.
Speaker 4: Hi, car ha ha, what's your guest, Jennifer.
Speaker 1: I'll go with Joel, Joel, Chris, Joe.
Speaker 4: Are we ruling out gay guys or are we?
Speaker 3: Yeah? If he's not gay, should rule it out.
Speaker 1: He wasn't, okay, it was.
Speaker 3: This man or woman not gay?
Speaker 4: Okay, certainly not okay?
Speaker 3: All right, Julie, Hello.
Speaker 5: Hi guys, salute to six o'clock.
Speaker 3: Respect little salute? Okay, Julie. Who's the celebrity who Mitch sat on their hands?
Speaker 4: So monk. That's why am I thinking? You said a guy? Have you even said it's a guy?
Speaker 1: I might have. I tried not to.
Speaker 2: I was using the they them a guy?
Speaker 3: Just you guesses? Everyone?
Speaker 4: Jack?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 4: Jack?
Speaker 3: Okay, who's the celebrity who Mi Mitch sat on their hand? It was.
Speaker 4: I was kidding that vibe too.
Speaker 2: No, I did do work experienced Sunrise. He didn't off me a lift time though, So it was Channel no. This one wasn't.
Speaker 5: So we're ruling out Channel Sunrise people not Sunrise.
Speaker 4: Okay, Jody, what's your guess?
Speaker 1: Hey, I think it might be Larry Ender. Oh No, Channel seven on off meft time.
Speaker 3: So you did work the experience at Channel seven?
Speaker 1: I did for a bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, hang on, it wasn't it Channel seventh?
Speaker 1: This one wasn't all right?
Speaker 4: So how long ago are we talking?
Speaker 2: Well, they're still doing the job that they did at the time, and this is when I was eighteen, so maybe twenty fifteen or something.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Can I guess Carl is a Carl seven?
Speaker 2: Omen No?
Speaker 3: Not Channel nine?
Speaker 2: Well sort of, but that's Richard Wilkins. No, not Richard. I can give you a clue. We did mention their name just before in the first break.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, tracking back? Hang on, can you barely.
Speaker 3: Remember what I said in this break?
Speaker 4: Who have we mentioned in the last break?
Speaker 3: Your memories are bad? Uh?
Speaker 4: So bad?
Speaker 3: Okay? Elliott Trunk through, Elliott Guest, Good morning. There you go very well. Sir Mitch is here. Who's the celebrity who Mitch sat on their hand? I think it's ben Fordham?
Speaker 1: Bingo was of course, of course.
Speaker 5: Why he is the type of person that would offer you a lift?
Speaker 3: Why why would ben Fordham find a young gay man in a lift and offer him a ride home?
Speaker 4: He is that kind of guy, isn't he secret?
Speaker 3: Creep?
Speaker 2: No, he's just trying to be helpful. And I didn't see it that way being creepy. I thought, oh, wow, that's down.
Speaker 3: When you sat on his hand and he would have had a fright of his life.
Speaker 4: His eyes would have pinged, you know how they ping.
Speaker 3: And yours would have pinged and you would have been pinging and he other's face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a time slowed down.
Speaker 3: And he did he really.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was a very tense drive home because he said, what did you think of to GB do you want to work somewhere?
Speaker 1: Like here or somewhere like Kyl and Jackie O.
Speaker 3: Did you say that?
Speaker 1: And I said, no, that's actually the goal. I'd love to work there.
Speaker 3: It's a goal. I'm here as a starting block and the goal is to work at this.
Speaker 2: I learned pretty quick at to GB that I don't care about news and I really.
Speaker 3: Got to care about weather and news. Traffic problems.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, not for me.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 3: When I quit to GB, that's what I said.
Speaker 5: As I was leaving, I was like, yeah, my goal is to go and be Karl and Jackie Mayo too.
Speaker 3: She said that you said that your goal was to leave to GiB and come here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and my dad said that will never happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They thought it was impossible that you would come here because.
Speaker 7: Every day he'd drive me to work at two GB, and I'd say, that's my dream to work there, and he goes, that's a bit you need to like lower your expectator.
Speaker 4: Parents say that lower your expectations.
Speaker 3: They dropping you off at two GB. Well, guys, you know they were a great like preschool for radio over there.
Speaker 2: I think apparently I love There's no in between. It's two GB or nowhere else.
Speaker 4: It's so weird. How many have come from two GB.
Speaker 3: Did you? Yeah? You came from there. I didn't work with them, No, I worked with Allen. Oh is that right? A? Where is it happening? Where is it again?
Speaker 1: Factory Theater in Merrickville.
Speaker 5: So if you want tickets, you got to head to at Mitchell Coombs that's his Instagram. Go to the link, A lot of hoops to jump through. Everyone knows you go to the bi read out the whole U R L.
Speaker 1: But be here for days?
Speaker 3: Can you just took me out with tickets?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I'll pay, but yeah right, I'm gonna have to go on the thing and I don't know how to do that.
Speaker 4: Thanks Mitch, thank having you weeks bid off.
Speaker 3: Kyle and Jackie. Oh mhm