Speaker 1: It is the pick up Friday afternoon. It's Britt, Laura and Mitch here right now. You can head into Chemists Way House.
Speaker 2: Do it today.
Speaker 1: You get great savings every day. Oh at the end of the week. I've got one more week, guys, before I move out of my house that I'm currently living in alone. Because I announced it on the show. A few weeks ago, me and my partner of five years split up and I'm now single for the first time in a very long time. I had some choices to make, and I have decided. I actually haven't told you guys this, but I wanted to announce it on the air and get your hot take.
Speaker 2: I am moving back in with my parents.
Speaker 3: Oh oh that's cute.
Speaker 2: Here yeah, react Jay, Yay. This is not the reaction I expect.
Speaker 4: That's a big, big, big, good, life changing decision.
Speaker 3: Wait, are you going to move back into your old room? How old were you when you move out of home.
Speaker 2: At twenty two? I'm twenty seven. Now, how do you feel about it back home?
Speaker 1: It was my choice. I'm not being forced to. I just I'm so sad about the breakup. It's really rocked me and it's only going to be for three four months, for six, twelve, eighteen.
Speaker 2: Months, oh years, however long.
Speaker 1: I need to just get back on my feet and be in I'm going on a health journey as well. I want to get back into a better head space and then get back out there in my single area.
Speaker 3: There's also been a rental crisis, so that didn't really help trying to find a new apartment.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I when I went to twelve open houses, didn't find anything. So called mom and dad money.
Speaker 3: How do your parents feel about the fact that you're moving back in because I remember when I moved back in for a stint in my twenties and my mum was very happy to have gotten rid of me, and I'm not so happy that i'd moved back in.
Speaker 1: Now I'm so lucky mom and dad, Mark and Michelle Churi. They are good parents. They're pumped to have me back.
Speaker 4: Hang on, was it last week or the week before? We had a pretty heated discussion on here about kids paying rent when they're adults and they live with their parents, and you, I was very much the child the adult should pay rent if they move home, and you were very much that you shouldn't pay rent. Are you going to be paying any rent.
Speaker 1: I just want to say that I didn't have that point of view because I knew I was moving on. I don't think children should have to pay for many reasons, and I haven't spoken to mom and dad about it.
Speaker 2: But no, they won't make me pay.
Speaker 3: Are you sure that your mum's not going to make you pay?
Speaker 4: I don't know if she's on board with that.
Speaker 2: What do you mean, Michelle would love to have me back. We're great friends. No, I'm going back. I'm not paying you know what. I don't like this.
Speaker 4: Let's get Michelle on the line. Michelle, I've already called up here. She is surprised. Mitch's mom Michelle here, she is welcome to the picture. Jurie.
Speaker 5: Hi Mom, Hi, Hi everyone.
Speaker 4: Hi. Your son has just informed us they're not only easy moving home, but that he's not going to be paying you any board.
Speaker 2: Are you across this?
Speaker 5: I am? I am, And in fact, that was the that was the deal that we'd arranged with Mitch. But I think Mark and I have had to review it and we may have to change that situation. Mitch. We may just we may have to actually ask you to contribute in some way with boar.
Speaker 3: I mean you're in a good salary now, radio.
Speaker 5: You know he's doing okay?
Speaker 2: Well, how much are we going to charge him a week?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: I was thinking like one tifty.
Speaker 1: If there is anything you are not, mum, it's an actor. You've been worded up by these Are you going to give him.
Speaker 4: Pocket money like five dollars if he does the dishwasher?
Speaker 2: You're not that I'm not paying. I'm not. I will if you want me to, But is this real? No, Michelle?
Speaker 3: Do you know what I want to know as well? Is what are you going to do when Mitch starts bringing home some love interests, some.
Speaker 2: Hot sexy men. We're saying.
Speaker 5: Go out.
Speaker 2: The away game?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, oh yeah, absolutely, He's going to have to give us the heads up and then we're going to have to find other plans that we're not home a lot.
Speaker 2: You could just do it, scared. You could do a walk around the block, mom, and I'd be done. That's all you do. Just check dog be over, Michelle.
Speaker 3: If there's a cowboy hat on the door, you know, not to go in that.
Speaker 5: We've got to come up with it. We've got to come up with something like that. We's to say yet the cowboy exactly, no go zone.
Speaker 2: Do you want me to pay Rent? Is? Pay your mother?
Speaker 4: Brent?
Speaker 3: Okay, how how long can mich stay for?
Speaker 5: Well, he sort of said three to six months, so I think that's fair and reasonable. Look, I think he needs to contribute towards food at least, you know, he felt like his food as well.
Speaker 4: But juries Dove, I can't wait. Thanks so much, Michelle, Good lucky lot if you.
Speaker 5: Posted thank you for love your mom Modern Family.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's not really your son reality show.
Speaker 2: You'll have her own segment in no time. He's a stage mom, all right.
Speaker 1: Well back after this, Phil Burton's joining us from Dancing with the Stars with you, Laura.
Speaker 2: He's delightful.
Speaker 1: He's such a sweetheart from human nature, of course, and he's on with us on the pick up after this.