Speaker 1: People do some weird ship.
Speaker 2: Hello, I'm Tracy Grimshaw.
Speaker 1: Welcome to a parent affair tonight. We're coming to you from my bedroom. Some the feelings that make more sense than others.
Speaker 3: Hitch is traded in gymnast One commodore games Goald in nineteen ninety that his performance on the pommel Horse India Marcus grow.
Speaker 2: Up, bless yourself for observations you didn't ask for.
Speaker 4: You are a cheap tramp and a filthy liar.
Speaker 5: This is just still to play a couple of mitches reckon.
Speaker 2: We should include Jenna's name in the opener.
Speaker 1: Tell about a compromise. We'll say your name, but.
Speaker 5: It's said in the simlish drap a luby perfect now his michtui and ye swear here?
Speaker 2: How are we all?
Speaker 1: Jenna? That's going to be a big show?
Speaker 2: Oh is it?
Speaker 6: Ja?
Speaker 1: Apparently? So apparently that's what I say every week without even noticing I do.
Speaker 2: Someone pointed out in the Faithbook group that perhaps there's a bit of false advertising going on. You say big show every single week.
Speaker 1: It has been a series of big shows.
Speaker 2: I think today's the big one. Talkback tings everyone's favorite segment.
Speaker 1: Yeah actually voted it's not just hyperbole. Everyone's actual favorite segment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's we bit a pole in our Facebook group and talkback tings where we play random odd shit that we hear on talkback radio is the favorite. And so I've got another one today. It's actually brilliant and.
Speaker 1: I've never heard them. So this is my Is it like a character that we've scrutinized before. Yes, John laws ah Ojig, original golden microphone broadcaster.
Speaker 2: The legend Lord to Himself is back again and this one is just gold I can't wait to play it to you guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, brilliant. I was going to say, though, Mitchell, I saw on your Instagram the other day. Actually, if you're a fan of the Instagram or any of our socials, you'll notice that we go Instagram live every Sunday night. We do yes, And this Sunday night, we didn't go Instagram live. I was quite busy. I had things on, but I had a friend message me and go, why weren't you on Instagram lived my dad's sixty tho. I was getting drunk, I'll getting turned.
Speaker 2: I decided the show must go on with or without you. I'm going to do the Instagram live anyway. I swear this is the third time you've used your dad's birthday as an excuse in the space of one year. But that's all right, it.
Speaker 1: Was just six years.
Speaker 2: You've always got so many family events.
Speaker 1: It's weird. And I don't even have that big of a family. I'm white, Like, we don't even have I've got two aunties and an uncle.
Speaker 2: But anyway, I did carry on without you, and.
Speaker 1: Someone said, did you know Kums was going on a date? And I didn't know, So you were a wee little date.
Speaker 2: Did you make proof that you can instagram live and multitask? Just write that one down.
Speaker 1: Cherry, Okay, definitely.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I was. I was going on a date at seven and our six perm Instagram live. I was like, I'll just use this opportunity to get everyone's advice. Oh well, I think the original outfit I was gonna wear on this Tinder date got completely slammed by our so called fans. But that's all right. They gave me advice. Yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 1: Was it a Kesha shirt or a Miley shirt or some sort of merchandise.
Speaker 2: No, it's one of my favorite jumpers. They said I looked like a teacher.
Speaker 1: Oh, we can't have. Did you watch the Live? Jane? Did you see what?
Speaker 2: I asked her to join the Live in your place? And she didn't even reply.
Speaker 7: I just go.
Speaker 2: How the weight of this show on my shoulders again?
Speaker 1: Well, rather than get the nitty green and the details of the day, and I thought, it's actually been a while and we should check in and do this viagra update. It's got that made. Okay, let's let's check because you made the deep and gut wrenching, heartfelt raw black. They're of a better word revelation that your dick is broken a couple episodes ago.
Speaker 2: It's not quite what I said. I said that a side effect of my antidepressants, which I've only just started taking recently, is sexual dysfunction. Yes, and so as a safeguard they've given me viagra in case I am having performance issues in the bedroom?
Speaker 1: Got it? And did you get to that point with via your dame?
Speaker 2: No, I still have not used the viagra. I'm sorry to disappoint. I'll be allowed to use Channel nines it.
Speaker 1: With gret Ocloid. I've got the journalist done with me. Basil Lemmings, how's the week been it?
Speaker 2: Hasn't been a hard week?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Really interesting? So another word you'd say, it probably was a soft so, yes, amaldime soft soft.
Speaker 2: It's not like it's always so anyway.
Speaker 1: No, but this week was a soft one.
Speaker 2: No, it still works. It's just in case when I'm with another person.
Speaker 1: Right, you wouldn't say it hasn't been a hard week.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I didn't. I didn't fuck this person on the hint to day, that's what you're saying. We very politely said yeah, let's see each other again, and then have not texted since. I think it was one of those days.
Speaker 1: Have you taken one of the viagras around a date time? Because last time you took it as a practice when you're padding your cat, and that thought it was a new toy to play with you.
Speaker 2: It's complete, complete, been circumstanced making things up about me with the cause.
Speaker 1: Did have you used it in a intercourse situation?
Speaker 2: No, I still haven't. Thank you for checking in.
Speaker 1: That's fine. That was the first edition of viagra upstate. Keep you updated great.
Speaker 2: Also, this guy, by the way, he I was like, I don't know if this is gonna work because he's like, I don't really drink or use social media, and I'm like that all idea is that's my brand and my job, and that's my That's what I do my free time, drink and go on TikTok live, like.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't have word. I hate podcasts too. This will be a great day.
Speaker 2: You know what he said? Oh you do a podcast. I'll have to watch it.
Speaker 1: No, No, is it forty? I'll have to watch it. Is he going to get a second date?
Speaker 2: I don't believe.
Speaker 8: So.
Speaker 2: I don't anticipate that. But that's the right I needs. These things happen trial and error.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 2: I wasn't like in love with him.
Speaker 1: No, good, good, glad he's not watching. Well, let's jump in. If it is your first time listening, whit is it just me? Every week we start the show with something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate. They're the iems? Is it just me? M Mitch?
Speaker 7: Go?
Speaker 1: Why don't you go first? Because I went first last week?
Speaker 2: I don't think you've gone first for like three weeks, to be honest, So I think you're about you, but I'm happy to it's up to you.
Speaker 1: Was get nervous. I'm like, when you go first, mirors are always well thought out and planned, and I've always written out on a post it note on the way here. Sure, let's jump in.
Speaker 7: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: The sad movies never make you cry usually?
Speaker 1: Oh so it depends on the movie that I'm I sort of lean towards the crier.
Speaker 2: Well, I no matter how sad the movie, even the saddest movies I've seen in my life ones that's bring to mind obviously, you know Titanic right credit dog Fault in our Stars, very sad.
Speaker 1: It was all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was very sad. I just kind of like carried it around internally, didn't actually shared a single tear. Oh okay, And I've always been like, oh whatever, I'm not much of a crier. But oh, I watched a movie last week, that new one on Disney Plus, you know Clouds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've seen. I haven't seen it myself, but i've seen the trailer.
Speaker 2: Yes, So embrace yourself if you see it. Because I was a mess, and I wasn't expecting to be because I was like I never cried during movies, no matter how sad. And also I did think it was going to be really daggy, like I don't know, you know, notebook or the last Song or some shit where Oh yeah, that's kind of thing I thought. I thought it was going to be like that. And so the movie is about this eighteen year old ride that has cancer and he knows it's terminal, so he stops taking chemo. So he's like, I'm going to enjoy the last few months of my life and he wants to release a song and you know, perform and live his dream before he carks it. And he puts the video on YouTube. It goes viral, and I'm thinking this is a very far fetched plot, okay, And then turns out it's a completely true story. And if you go on YouTube, the songs the video is actually there, the real song, the actor, the actual guy that the movie is based on, which I had no idea it was true. And that's when I went to pieces and song was so terrible that no, it's a beautiful song. I've actually added it to my Apple Music. It went number one when he died. It was because the story blew up, and now all these years later they've made a movie all the story. His name was Zach Sobiak, and yeah, I didn't realize it was the true story. And that's it.
Speaker 1: Ruined me, Jane, did you see the TikTok? Yes?
Speaker 2: That was the That was the movie that made me cry.
Speaker 1: I'm getting it if you haven't seen it, I haven't added this on to the wall and the sound effects.
Speaker 7: Me.
Speaker 1: I watched it without sound and I thought this was like a you know, a dead Auntie moment, like to the camera. He finally cracked it, and I'm like, I spent thirty dollars on getting him a sports girl, Jade, I roll to get rid of his bags.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't It wasn't pretty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you wrap yourself in the little way?
Speaker 2: I did have the way to blanket on me when I watched the film that much.
Speaker 1: I did so all the tears are pushed at the top. He let me find Mitchell Coombs. I got to sift through all that Jack Frost spun. Come what.
Speaker 2: Realize? I don't mean like welling up that that's proper sobbing.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 9: I love the juxtaposition between that and the song. Sounds so positive.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know, but once you understand the context, that's actually the song that he that blew.
Speaker 1: Up, that he who films himself sobbing.
Speaker 2: I don't know it was actually I had to prove it to myself that I'm able to because like, this is this is a little bit weird, Jenna, You'll be able to back me up here though. So, as I mentioned the bloody antidepressants they put me on recently, they don't necessarily make you feel happy or sad. You just kind of feel nothing, yes, exactly. So it's just kind of numbing. So I was like, oh, it's really nice to feel something that sounds really depressing, wasn't it. But yeah, I was like, oh god, this is nice. Actually it was a beautiful release.
Speaker 9: No, that's so true.
Speaker 1: Oh you do have feelings.
Speaker 2: So everyone was just as surprised as I was. But that went on for like half an hour after the movie.
Speaker 1: I don't believe this is real.
Speaker 2: It was real, And it was one of those things where you know when you think you finished crying and you're like, yeah, yeah, yeah, I've got my shit back together, Okay, now throw the chish about, and then I just feel like and well up again. I do the really tight squinted.
Speaker 1: Eye ye yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: That went on for half an hour. I'm like, I thought I was done.
Speaker 1: I reckon, Isabella. I had another swipe of his dick or something because and that's why he was crying. So we'll put a sad movie on you. I don't think you're capable of that amount of sob.
Speaker 2: No, it was it was full on and it's been that's never happened to me before. And it was really well done that movie. But also I read online that apparently crying during movies does not make you weak, it makes you emotionally stronger. So I'm like, oh, maybe it means I've become emotionally stronger over the years, because it's been a while since I've watched a sad movie. I think like Red Dog or Fault Now Stars might have been the last one.
Speaker 1: You love a cancer flick. Dam you've got your laptop there, why don't you just get Disney Plus open and then and then scrub through to the end when the poor guy takes.
Speaker 2: It's still fresh from one of those ones that I kind of like carry around with me, and every time I think about it, I go.
Speaker 1: If I'm not convinced it was, I want I just want you to give the last minute.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I could cry and command. As you know, I have a struggle with a performance at the moment. If I'm put under pressure, I don't know if I will get it up.
Speaker 1: I can't get it up here, has problems there, but get the video up?
Speaker 2: Do you have to have the app?
Speaker 1: You deal with it?
Speaker 2: I've never used Disney Plus.
Speaker 6: You do?
Speaker 1: They just Google gother browser. Okay, the new Mendalaurean's coming out of bricks on it.
Speaker 2: It's longer than a minute, so I might have to You guys might have to chat amongst yourselves. I'm going to unplug the headphones. Don't look at me until I'm already crying. Okay, keep I really didn't think I will.
Speaker 1: That's fine, I'll just on some.
Speaker 2: Like my friend's a noise canceler.
Speaker 1: Just do you think we got a covered?
Speaker 2: I still haven't even found the moment.
Speaker 1: I thought you're turning your for you Now you're right there we go? Thank God? When was the last time you cry the film?
Speaker 10: I always cried during animal films?
Speaker 1: Oh, Bambi, Yes, I can't.
Speaker 10: Even watch that.
Speaker 9: Oh yes, yes, it's been a while since I saw that. But the saddest movie ever is Heartchie.
Speaker 1: Who Heartchie sounds like a dish to Japanese restaurant.
Speaker 10: Well, it's about a Japanese dog and it's based on a true story.
Speaker 1: I was just like the Mali and Me Japan version.
Speaker 2: No, this is worse die.
Speaker 9: No, the owner died and it waits for years at the train station for him to come home.
Speaker 1: Oh that's hard, right, Yes, yeah, i'd cried too, that's so sad. Last movie I cried out was with Mitchell. Actually, let's just do a quick check in. Okay, not crying, yes, but he looks very mad, so yeah, just his normal state. I cried during A Star is Born. Really yeah, about twenty minutes ten. I cried when when she dided Bradley Cooper to get the ice the peas the ice pack foot or a nose or something. I don't know. She needed the ice pack and then they sung that song in the car park, and I.
Speaker 2: Really I thought maybe towards the end.
Speaker 1: I cried towards the end too when as a dog involved and it's waiting as well.
Speaker 10: Yes, that was a very twice.
Speaker 1: In that movie. And then I cried in the Simpsons movie when Barton Homer reconciled their differences. Yeah, and then I don't really remember. I was to cry. My mum and dad will cry and my dad will cry. He'll never see an episode of the Bachelor, like, not one episode of a season, and then sit down conveniently when the finale's on. Oh really, my dad, I don't know.
Speaker 10: I can't cry over things like that.
Speaker 1: Oh, my dad, can I almost your chicken? He still looks. Man, there's no tears coming out.
Speaker 10: Into it.
Speaker 1: I can't force it. Yeah, same, I just can't do it. But if it comes, it comes.
Speaker 9: If an animal is involved in any single way, like.
Speaker 1: What without being hurt, if it's in it, yes, you'll cry the moment you see an animal.
Speaker 10: Yes, there was.
Speaker 9: This really really beautiful animated elephant film. I forget the name of it.
Speaker 1: That's sort of the one.
Speaker 10: No, I can't watch that other one, the.
Speaker 1: One on Netflix as Japanese as well, the big Fat Pig that escapes.
Speaker 10: The No, I can't watch that, Goku.
Speaker 1: What's it called.
Speaker 2: I can't watch that, No, Jackie.
Speaker 1: It's called something. It's got a name, Bogy. Do you know what?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I know the exact one, and I can't even watch it.
Speaker 10: I can't even watch the trailer.
Speaker 1: The in his eyes?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, how.
Speaker 1: Long does it take him to die? Not in real life the movie go.
Speaker 2: Every time I was about to well up, I would see both of your heads dart in my direction, and I could tell I was being watched.
Speaker 1: I have peripherals, no tears, just as I suspected.
Speaker 2: I feel like if I wasn't being watched, I would have because I was home alone when it happened.
Speaker 1: Maybe he felt inhibited.
Speaker 2: Say that very quickly.
Speaker 9: His eyes are a bit glassy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: How is that the Viago talking?
Speaker 1: It can't be on Viagara and Cragger at the same time. Someone going to be a prescription for that's my best gear of the show. Let's move on. Are we ready for mine? Your heart? Let's pig and cry with cancer disgusting?
Speaker 7: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Are their foods you were banned from eating as a kid that you still just don't eat?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But I also don't understand why I ate them as a kid anyway, Like Mama's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mostly junk food, right yeah?
Speaker 2: Like roll up? Why?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I wasn't banned from roll ups, but I love them with the little patterns on them, the round kids and chucky.
Speaker 7: Oh I still love a roller well, I was.
Speaker 1: I still eat everything, like everything that junk and name of junk food, and I've probably eaten it this week. Go oh Dunkaru Mate slammed a pack before record.
Speaker 2: Whiz fizz mate a Yogo.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think they make them anymore. Ship my head's off, sucked my guts.
Speaker 2: Out grounds keep it, Jenna, Google that please, now that's the go go go to Yogo.
Speaker 9: You know the gorilla thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the chocolate.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is bullshit. You claiming eating everything. You don't even know what the yoga thing is. Google it.
Speaker 1: I've eaten everything you did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I said name of junk food. I've probably eaten that.
Speaker 1: What a stupid thing. The clan.
Speaker 2: I've eaten everything you claimed it? Mate, Here we go anyway, whyn't you bring this up?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've pumped yoga.
Speaker 2: Oh you found it.
Speaker 1: I used to buy them for the block bathroom reveals every Sunday night. Because I say this because the other day Hayden was doing the grocery shoping and I don't work working till mids. I'm gonna got their shoping. What do you want? I get all these these the basics, and he was getting cream for something he was making, and then he's like, do you want STRINGERSSD I was a kid, right, I used to. I was obsessed with stringers, and my mom would have let me have stringers, you know, the little cheesy mozzarelative and peel them. Right. Well, I would get them for my lunch snack. And what I would do is I'd get like maybe say three, and I'd braid them like a little girl's ponytail. And I'd put the three them together and I braid them and twist them, and then I put it on a one square of paper towel and I put them in the microwave and then i'd microwave them and I'd get like a giant cheese ball. You know, there's weird things that you do as kids that you probably look back on and that wasn't smart, not like that. I did this for weeks and then one day I'm like, I had an extra inger, extra cheese stringer, and there's probably about four and then maybe that night I'm like, oh God, I'm a stomach cane, a bit of gas far out. I'm all good. Wake up in the morning four am. Horrific stomach pains, Like I'm talking, can't move stomach pains. Mum is horrific pain. I need help. You'll be fine, sleep it off, couldn't sleep. Race to the.
Speaker 2: Hospital, rights and over a stringer four. So this isn't one stringer that you've peeled into four strands. You've actually done four together, four strings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's probably six hundred grams worth of mozzarella in there.
Speaker 2: It still doesn't seem like something that you would go to hospital for.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I'm they joined to the hospital and they got your appendix is about to explain, And I still hadn't put two and four together, knowing that there was chase stringers blocking my lower intestine, and they did a cat scan and they go, you have a mass in your lower intestine. We need to operate urgently. Six year old boy. So then mum was crying, getting my last will and mouth who do you love? Who's your dad?
Speaker 7: Mama?
Speaker 1: And then they literally do like an ultrasound with a jelly on my tummy. I'm in the operating fitter, no joke with like one of those you know, little robes on with my baby butt checks out, And then they do an ultrasound and they go hold on, it's like moving and it's squishy and it's not connected to anything, like it's free moving. And then they go, it can't be a mass because it's like it's dislodged from the walls. And then they went, go take this, and they gave me, you know, diuretic, and shat myself silly, and I pooed out the eight hundred gram cheese ball and they just went go home. So you had a cheese ball stuck inside. Just lower and testine, you don't appendicitis, cancel the canceled Dave, you go home. His appendix is fire as fat little shit.
Speaker 2: Well, so they just wouldn't digest that. They just stayed in their solid ball form, didn't break down that this is not good pr for stringers.
Speaker 1: Just highly the stringers did nothing wrong.
Speaker 2: Well they did, no, they are indigestible. But I almost feel like you should be able to put four stringers together now.
Speaker 1: In a microwave for about forty seconds. So they melted, so it probably broke down some sort of molecular level. They were really sticky, swallowed it. Yeah, horrific. Anyway, from that point, I'm not allowed to have stringers, so I said, hated, No, I'm not allowed to have stringers. Don't buy the stringers.
Speaker 2: Oh God, we should have gotten you to have one.
Speaker 1: I can't do it. I can't do I will not be able to do it.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like when you have a certain alcohol too many times or you vomited up, you don't want that taste anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, frosted flakes to can't have the ball that frosty flakes. Frosty fruits can't. Frosty fruits banned from quite a few things. To CC's not allowed, CEC's why not too high and too high? The fake flavoring wasn't lund of them, and I get all the dust on my fingers and Mum would not let me have them.
Speaker 2: I just remember when I first moved to Sydney and had to start buying for myself, right, I really took advantage of the fact that there was no one to say you can't have that, you can't have that. So I literally had like a two liter strawberry milk for dinner one. I was like, all right, why not? And then I'd get like a whole ass mudcake from the bakery, bit of wooly like I was just going to town. Then after two weeks I was like, Mum was right. It really does affect your whole day if you eat too much sugar.
Speaker 1: Yeah or rubbish. That's exactly the point that Hayden and I are the other day. It is like, do you want a frappuccino for dinner? Bab I'm like a frappucina. It's like, yeah, I bought he bought the Starbucks cups and everything was making at home Starbucks trappuccinas.
Speaker 2: That's all we had, Yeah, with like coffee in it. Of course that's just daft. You'll be up all night, very true, and I have a sugar headache, nap, no good?
Speaker 1: May they not just shit out more? I'll shit myself silly have a coffee at that time of night. Let's be real. Anyway, Jenny, your band from any foods or did you have snack foods growing up? You probably wouldn't have.
Speaker 2: We made a favorite bushtucker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fan wasn't damper after midnight.
Speaker 2: When she was roaming her caves. They were like, no, those berries your favorite? No more?
Speaker 9: Yes, that is that did actually happen. I'm quite a personal story. Actually, also in my current life, when I was younger, I ate a whole back packet of kettle chips, threw it all up and now I can't eat kettle chips.
Speaker 7: Happened?
Speaker 2: Was the bag this big? It's a visual medium dinner Family.
Speaker 12: You can follow the show online.
Speaker 7: Just search a couple of miches.
Speaker 1: If you don't, you're a tickad.
Speaker 2: We got to start from scratch with her every week.
Speaker 1: It was actually I wish you could see her hair. It was a big bag.
Speaker 2: It was a family size, the ones that you It's the one you'd take to a party or a barbecue and share, pour it into a bar.
Speaker 1: I should say. You can follow our secret Facebook group in Enduring Idiots. Yeah, online we are. Actually that's where we post behind the scenes footage of the record because we recorded her once a week.
Speaker 2: I started posting off air moments that you don't realize I'm rolling on during like I've got the cameras rolling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you posted the story about me being almost date rape and I was like, that was not for publication.
Speaker 2: Well, you can only find that in our Facebook groups.
Speaker 1: On how you can get into a little later.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's called in During Idiots. Go look us up. It is also you can leave us a review if you using Apple Podcasts. We've had a few new ones come in. This one says love you guys and Jenna are my new favorite podcast from Ali. Thanks Ali. Jess says, I laugh so loud every Monday when I listen. I've had noise complaints from my neighbors. It's been especially fantastic to have an hour or so out of each week to zone out and have a giggle as I'm locked down in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Jess, that's probably because you're fucking too loud. Don't pin that on us. I've had noise complaints and my bins are still I haven't taken them out in the month. That's probably you problem.
Speaker 2: I see that as a compliment. She's saying that, you know, we made her laugh so loudly.
Speaker 1: Very true.
Speaker 7: Fair enough.
Speaker 1: I'm getting all these too.
Speaker 2: I've actually got to heap some new ones.
Speaker 1: Why is Eva dot May saying? Love this podcast? I recently found it and binged all the apps over two weeks. It makes my time working on the farm so much more enjoyable. And I'll tell you what the pig's in the pen I've listening to.
Speaker 2: She must be blasting it through a speaker or something.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: I love when people tell us what they're doing when they listen, Like we had one last week that said that they're a truck mechanic. This one's a pig farmer, like I love these little thing. What do you guys do when you listen? That's what you can include in your review. If you're stuck for compliments, you can't think of one single nice thing to say.
Speaker 1: And you get a shout out from us too.
Speaker 9: Yes, of course, because you asked them to mention pig pen.
Speaker 2: Oh that was way that's way less exciting.
Speaker 1: Now, I just remember I said pig pan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, last week you challenged someone to include pigpin.
Speaker 1: Yes, like from Typo, Welcome to tapell pig pen Daddy's. But let's move on. I mean, are we ready to do our most loved and requested segment on the show.
Speaker 2: Oh my word, I am.
Speaker 1: Let's do a talkback tens.
Speaker 2: Talkback Tings is where we play some really weird shit that happens on talkback radio, because I think it's safe to assume that our listeners don't really tune in themselves. No, but it's okay. Any good shit that happens will bring it to you here.
Speaker 1: You actually source most of the content because actually, no I saw us from midnight onwards. But it's the trenches of AM radio. They're barey breathing that past twelve at night.
Speaker 7: My god.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think I've found most of them so far, but like I said, I've never had to look any further than two sm that one particular station in Sydney where oh the most random and weird shit happens. And we've done John Laws before here on the show, he's back again. I've got one from the archives today. It's an oldly bit of goodie that my dad was telling me about. So you know how most talkback listeners are ancient and maybe they don't have Google. So this particular audio we're about to hear, an old lady hauled into John Laws and she'd heard an ad during the ad break on his show, and she was asking for the details. She's like, oh, sorry, I heard that ad. What was their phone number?
Speaker 1: Standard?
Speaker 2: So it was an ad for a nursery, Pike's Nursery. So firstly, how would you spell Pikes.
Speaker 1: P y Kes correct?
Speaker 2: So he had a bit of trouble passing that message on to her, but he did not give up. So strap yourself in. This goes on for a while. He was determined to get it to her. And as you know John Law's very little patience. Yes, but he persisted.
Speaker 7: Here it is, I'll tell you what to do ring Pike's nurseries? What nursery Pikes?
Speaker 2: Pike?
Speaker 7: Yes, P y k E s I? What have I known to deserve this? Would you spell that again for me? Hey?
Speaker 5: I A who in?
Speaker 7: Did you cry? No, ma'am? No, I said P why y P S P? Why is in Yankee? K is in kilo? He is in echo? S is in stupid? Pikes? P y k E S Pike's nurseries?
Speaker 4: Y I C.
Speaker 7: Well we try it again, ma'am. Okay, you ready? Now you got your pencil handy okay?
Speaker 1: P no P.
Speaker 7: As in piddle? Why?
Speaker 1: Hey I.
Speaker 7: From P P You've got the P there that's right? And why why as in Yankee? That's right? Okay? Then you have a K K as in kill k P y A. Don't get excited, ma'am. Can I ask you a leading question? Do you have trouble hearing?
Speaker 5: I have?
Speaker 7: Yes? All right, man, Well we'll try it again. P why why K K is yes, k is in kill? Yes? Ees? God, you got that? Would you spell would you spell it back to me? Now?
Speaker 8: Kay?
Speaker 1: Why? I?
Speaker 7: Oh, no, it's not right. Oh it's not right. P. Why K E S.
Speaker 5: P I y E?
Speaker 7: Where do you go A from? I haven't said A anywhere? P. You got the P? Right? Why? Why?
Speaker 1: Why? Why?
Speaker 7: Why? Why is in Yankees pay?
Speaker 8: Why?
Speaker 7: It's k Oh? God save me? How can a K and an E sounded like yes, I will, I will. I throw myself right down the microphone choke you to death in a minute. That's what I'm getting.
Speaker 1: Hey, why.
Speaker 7: Did you say no?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 7: I didn't know. I don't think we're ever going to make it, ma'am? Are we it is? I don't think that. I don't think that I'm ever going to be able to give you this telephone number. I mean, this is just the name. Imagine it when I start to get to the telephone number and it's a yes, it is strangely enough, give me the number of it? Oh God, can I a telephone? That's all right? Here? You are you ready? I'll take the risk. Are you ready? Okay? Do you have your pen at the ready? Okay?
Speaker 6: Six? Six?
Speaker 7: Good, that's very good. Three h three.
Speaker 1: Jesus.
Speaker 7: I don't know but that I'll just have capt it intil babize in my ear. Okay, well, I'll say it very quietly. Can you hear me?
Speaker 3: Six three three very good, six three nine nine and another nine eight eight very good?
Speaker 7: Five five one one yes, yes? Would you read it back to me? Six three none none five on the legend eight five one you've got it, You've got it. I so just I have a telephone number. And God helped Bruce Pyke.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what they got there?
Speaker 2: And the ended and they that is the best yet and that would only happen on talkback.
Speaker 1: Ohy for kill I reckon.
Speaker 2: Halfway through he realized this is gold.
Speaker 1: Where was she getting the A from?
Speaker 5: I then saying the fokay, how could they be eating a number?
Speaker 1: I him get that animated before.
Speaker 2: I know, we'll see this was many years ago, right, Okay, So I understand now why they call him the Man with the Golden tonsils, because that was quite a booming, rich voice.
Speaker 1: That was beautiful.
Speaker 2: These days, he doesn't really sound like that anymore.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 2: I the reason I've had to dig into the archives as well is because his podcast doesn't get updated anymore. There hasn't been a new episode. I know, well, That's how I usually find shit of his to play on talkback teams, because I'm at work when he's on. Ah. That's why most of the stuff comes from the night show. And now that John Law's podcast has disappeared, I can't find the audio. But also the most recent episode, which was mid March. He really doesn't sound well, so play the old one. This is what he used to sound like.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you what to do, Ring Pike's nurseries, Booming Dee and particulate.
Speaker 2: This is him in the most recent podcast upload in.
Speaker 6: The past couple of hours. The World Health Organization has described the coronavirus as the defining health crisis of our generation.
Speaker 7: What day are at?
Speaker 2: Well? Do you?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: What they are.
Speaker 6: Advocating is riggot at testing for the virus's pressure mounts for personal restrictions on visits to pubs and movie houses and age care homes many ANZAC Day commemorations.
Speaker 2: You can tell that it's turning his mic off to but it's still there. Irony of course, being that he's talking about coronavirus like he's on a death a ventilator.
Speaker 1: I know he is up in his eighties, right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but good on him for still being on air, right go, But just like, how the fuck am I supposed to find audio to play in our podcast? And he's stopped uploading episodes of your podcast? It was seventeenth of March, was the last up? That's the last podcast episode?
Speaker 1: Poor Avid listeners? Who can't you know, be up at the cracker dawn. They might have medical appointments to see to listen to their favorite shock.
Speaker 2: I know. Maybe they just assumed that his listeners don't listen to podcasts, but they're wrong. Here I am here, I am refreshing, it going.
Speaker 1: Come on, mate, what should we call them?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 2: Great minds thinking light. Yeah, that's actually what I was going to get you to do.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's do it. Let's call like reception and yeah, this is.
Speaker 2: Exactly what I was going to get you to I want you to be an old man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'm gonna want to be a woman. I want to be a woman. I don't want to be a man. Too close to.
Speaker 2: Reality either works. Just be someone who was listening to John Law's call two sm Reception and be like, where the fun is the podcast? Yeah it's been months, I'm worried. Is John's still on air like, where is he?
Speaker 1: I got the number? All right, I'm gonna call. I'm gonna be Dot Wiggins. Okay, I've got the number. Are we ready?
Speaker 2: Yep. I've never seen you so eager to do a prank call.
Speaker 1: I thought. My alter ego is a ninety seven year old woman named Dot. All right, let's ring? Okay, mm hmm yeah, Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, Hi, Hello, My name is Dot. Is this reception desk? Reception?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 11: Yep?
Speaker 2: Query this?
Speaker 1: What did you say?
Speaker 11: Your name was Ben? Ben?
Speaker 8: From two of them?
Speaker 1: Ben? My name is Dot how An.
Speaker 11: I'm good? Thanks?
Speaker 1: So are you been better? I've been better? I have a query. I listen to the John Laws Morning show program every day. Religious. I mean, I'm not a religious person, but I listen every day, and for love of God, I can't listen any more. You've seen in the mornings do too. I have to get my knee lanced. I've got pussing my knee. It's a whole thing. But I can't seem to listen live, so I have to listen via podcasts. However, there hasn't been a podcast updated then since March. Middle of March.
Speaker 8: Middle of March.
Speaker 11: Really, the John.
Speaker 1: Law's program, and God, I haven't heard his voice in months.
Speaker 11: Really okay.
Speaker 1: And my God's son Bailey taught me out to podcasts, and I go on every morning without it takes some twenty minutes to get on and I click it open. At March sevent I've written it down in my like that, March seventeen. He is the last podcasts from John Laws.
Speaker 8: Okay, March right now, I'll check the website right now?
Speaker 11: Is here?
Speaker 1: Is there anything okay with John?
Speaker 8: Yes, everything's okay with John. He was sick today, so it didn't get on today. Oh no, let me check his last show was yesterday and tell him.
Speaker 1: Tell him dot from Wanga Barradine censor. He'll know me. We had a briefly in vacinet. But tell him, I said, I am my regards. So the podcast just don't. They don't get put on, they don't get thumb drived in. They're not on anymore.
Speaker 11: They are in.
Speaker 8: They're on the website.
Speaker 1: Oh no, Apple, not the website, Apple.
Speaker 11: Ben Apple, Okay, it's.
Speaker 1: It is lavender in color and the applic application has a little boy with two rings around their head.
Speaker 8: Okay you might. Oh, I'm not sure if that's the right one. You might have to unload an app called tune in. Who turn in t u n E base I N.
Speaker 1: I'm getting a pan hold on ben yep.
Speaker 8: So it should be on the app store. Who h it's called tune in. Or if you're finding difficulties, you can go on the website.
Speaker 1: No, no, I don't want to go on the website. I don't. I'm with Dodo at my internet is dreadful. Then I oh, okay, yes, the Apple podcast app, you see it comes on my phone. It's already there.
Speaker 8: Okay, oh okay, it shouldn't be on our side. I think Apple hasn't updated the thing. But I'll pass it onto management to see if where they're on Apple. But but it should be on an app called tune in. If you download that app, you can listen to other radio stations as well.
Speaker 1: So that's b u n e.
Speaker 11: No no no n t u n e tune.
Speaker 1: So t w n e l.
Speaker 11: N no no tune t u n e.
Speaker 1: I n like Looney tune, t o O n.
Speaker 11: No no no t t u m e n e no tune like tuning the radio tune in.
Speaker 8: T U n e E space n I M.
Speaker 1: Should be on the United Nations.
Speaker 13: I N I oh, I am, I am okay, I got to pick up all the Indigo hold on, wait Jamie, Jamie, I for Indigo and then N for Nelly.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, all right, so spell it with me one more time.
Speaker 11: Ready, t U N N E O N I I no, I M listen.
Speaker 1: I've got I've got I get my grandson to get you. Send Charonathan have I said this meeting him had a right way back when we both live in more and Brandeen.
Speaker 8: So can you repeat that again?
Speaker 1: Well, we lived in one but aaradeine. We both had a little I don't want to get too much and I'm going to start blasting. This is why I need to talk to him and listen to the podcasts. I will make it happen. It's okay, listen, thank you for everything. You're a very young boy. You have a girlfriend, Ben, So.
Speaker 11: My name is Ben.
Speaker 1: Do you have a girlfriend.
Speaker 8: I know I don't know my.
Speaker 1: Grandson. He's not straight, but I don't know what you are. But I could maybe I could talk to him and see if maybe you could just be friends. He'd love you, love to get into broadcasting. He's an artist, so he doesn't make any money, but I could talk to him and maybe get that to happen.
Speaker 11: Are No, I'm good, Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, Ben, thank you so much?
Speaker 8: Who who bye?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 10: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: But Jesus like that all day every day. I reckon so calm, cool and collected.
Speaker 1: Oh god, he did that really well. As I went in and out of a very deep British excent.
Speaker 2: I didn't even Yeah, I did, I notice the accent was fluctuating. I never even considered this as an option. God, I wish we didn't have fucking jobs during John Laws's show. How good would it be if we could get through and you relived, Oh my god, like you did Pike's Nursery two point zero, Like you got him to spell you something that's brilliant. You might not have as much patience these that.
Speaker 1: I don't think he would. He would that quick to realize that there's gold in this material. He was such a beautiful boy. Jesus Christ. Wow, I love that. I'm going to take dot on a tour around the country.
Speaker 2: You should, Jesus, you're right alien. The old woman came a lot more naturally to you than the old man character. Yeah, what would the old man have sounded.
Speaker 1: Like, Hello, it's all right British.
Speaker 2: No, I preferred Dot.
Speaker 1: There's much easier to do the poor guys. Wow, you get tune in to Mike Lony.
Speaker 2: That was also they're really really dumb for not having their podcasts on Apple, and rather than saying, oh, yeah, we'll fix that, they go no, no, go to our website or tune in instead, Like, there's no way that's a good like if not that this would be high on two SMS priority list, but that's a very bad podcast strategy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I don't think that's exactly top of the listener.
Speaker 2: I think like eighty nine percent of our listeners are on Apple by the way. Really yeah, so like like Apple is still the number one app that most people use for podcasts, and so the fact that they're not on there is really fucking So.
Speaker 1: He didn't get an answer, like he didn't really know what was happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think he knew it.
Speaker 1: Tune in, poor kid, all right, we'll be back next week. He really was a big show. I was true to my promise at the start.
Speaker 2: He was really Yes, I think you weren't being deceptive one bit.
Speaker 1: Not at all. Next week we'll be back, Jenna. Think if you've been here, it's always a pleasure. That's okay, just mentally cocked out, my god. Thanks for joining us and we'll see you. Don't forget to leave us a review five stars if you want, and enduring idiots on Facebook from the secret behind the scenes, going on to the show.
Speaker 2: And don't forget. You can catch us every Sunday night on Instagram Live. Add couple of minches.
Speaker 1: I haven't told you a bit my auntie. She's seventy on Sunday and I think I'm gonna joking she's dead.
Speaker 2: All right, We'll see you guys next week, so yeah, catch it then go?
Speaker 7: Is it just me?
Speaker 12: Don't forget to subscribe and leave a review on your podcast app or follow on Spotify.
Speaker 10: Welcome to add break.
Speaker 2: Oh how very dare you? Jenna? It's not your role, Jenna stole my line Bitch in the kitchen. This is our secret segment that we hide on the end.
Speaker 1: Yes, which is embarrassed by it, but I'm yes.
Speaker 2: We hide it because I just don't think it really paints us in a good light. It shows how fucking chaotic we are.
Speaker 1: No sometimes it's the best content mostly ninety eight percent of the time, it's terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. I concur most of the time it's terrible, which is why it's a secret. So if you're here, don't tell anyone. Don't tell anyone to go listen to this bit. Just tell them to listen to the start of the show and hopefully we trick everyone out of listening.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, the reason that we call it ADD brief is because ADD, like, you know, attention deficit disorder. I've got it. I just highly suspect you've got it. You should actually do Jenna, can you google like an ADD checklist or something.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 2: I can't believe we've never done this before. Anyways, No, I seriously think you do, which is why we call it ADD brief because there's a couple of people with suspected ADD having a D breath.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I definitely, I definitely, you know, go on tangents and struggle focusing. So actually, now the more I speak, the mo I realized I probably do have it. Yes, I was tested as a kid because it was in my family, but I didn't have it.
Speaker 2: Oh really, you can tell it later, right, Yeah, I didn't get I didn't get diagnosed till I was eighteen.
Speaker 1: And were you happy that you got diagnosed because you're like, finally something I can cling onto.
Speaker 2: What do you mean cling on too?
Speaker 1: It's not your body, bumperstick or anything but your insta handle.
Speaker 9: No, yeah, here's some points. Often fails to pay attention to detail or makes careless mistakes.
Speaker 1: I don't make careless mistakes.
Speaker 9: Often as troubling. Sorry, often as trouble holding attention on tasks.
Speaker 6: We do.
Speaker 9: Often does not seem to listen when spoken to directly, Often does not follow through on instructions.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's like a puppy Prescot training list.
Speaker 2: Hang on, Jenna, I don't want I don't want just a list. So I've just found a quiz, so I have to take this.
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How many? How our old are you? Twenty five? Just you are male? Newly diagnosed?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 2: How often do you have difficulty sustaining your attention while doing something for work, school, a hobby, like a podcast? Never, rarely, sometimes, often, Oh.
Speaker 1: God, I've reforgot the question. I'm back int my h often.
Speaker 2: How often are you easily distracted by external stimuli, like something in your environment or unrelated thoughts often often, No, that's.
Speaker 1: Only when I'm in this podcast, guys? Is it in my daily life? I'm very on.
Speaker 2: It, but often I can do sometimes do?
Speaker 1: Sometimes tell me some creep.
Speaker 2: How often do you avoid, dislike, or are reluctant to engage in tasks that require sustained mental effort or thought?
Speaker 1: Is there a daily option?
Speaker 2: It's the same options, never, rarely often?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: How often do you have trouble listening to someone even when they are speaking directly to you? Like You're mind is somewhere else?
Speaker 1: See now, this is never only when I'm here because I've got a hundred things to do. So I would say.
Speaker 2: No, but I've told you so many times, particularly in aid to d brief, you don't have one hundred things to do. This is where it's tools down. We dis shoot the ship. No sound effects, there's no need to always be looking at other things.
Speaker 1: There hasn't been one sad effect for happening today.
Speaker 2: Well, then, what are you distracted by?
Speaker 1: I organizing? My night show is about to go to air any minute. Do do what's the middle of.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the question?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Sometimes?
Speaker 1: Sometimes?
Speaker 2: Number five? How often do you have difficulty organizing an activity or task needing to get done, i e. Poor time management, failed to meet deadlines, difficulty managing sequential tasks.
Speaker 1: What'd you call me? Um? Yeah, that's probably up there? Often okay?
Speaker 2: How often do you fail to give close attention to detail or make careless mistakes?
Speaker 1: Often because I'm just lazy, that's why.
Speaker 2: How often you could see I thought the same. I thought that I was just lazy. But then I'm like, no, I'm not. The ambitions there, I just keep struggling.
Speaker 1: I feel like how I felt when I realized I was gay. But if I didn't do what I did, then I'll just forget it for twenty years.
Speaker 2: How often do you forget to do something you do all the time, such as forgetting an appointment, No, I don't do that, or paying a bill?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm still I'm three months over you on my office bill. That cut me off yesterday I had to pay the emergially.
Speaker 2: There we go so monthly, and it's like you do this the very mouth. Why do you keep forgetting?
Speaker 1: You want to set up a direct debit, I'm like, who's debit?
Speaker 2: That's what I've got it so easy? How often do you lose, misplaced, or damage something that's necessary in order to get things done. I eat phone, glasses, paperwork.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not quite never never, I'm very good like that. I am. You can't answer the questions for me.
Speaker 2: There was something. There was something you were saying that you lost the other day. You put it in a drawer when you were moving, and you've got no iody where it ended up. There's something you said the other day that you lost and you can't find.
Speaker 1: No, that was five hundred dollars cash my mum gave me. She put it in the cling film, right.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's what it was. It was something on the podcast. I can't remember what it was, but yeah, you said you lost the pie, the technology or something.
Speaker 1: Now, my mom gave me five hundred bucks my birthday, and so you don't lose it. I hit it, I couldn't find it, and I called on me, where the fuck just put the five hundred dollars. It's in the clean wrap roll, I went, why so no one would steal it? Like no one is in Hayden.
Speaker 2: That's so weird.
Speaker 1: So no, I don't think I'm not I'm actually quite on it. Although I did smash my phone screen yesterday.
Speaker 2: What did you do?
Speaker 1: I didn't drop it. A mug fell on it. Oh horrific.
Speaker 2: A mug fell on it with a mug falling from you.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you beat to my house like the cupboards are above and I was making coffee early in the morning days and confused, and I opened the cupet and they weren't stacked correctly and it fell smashed my screen and it's horrific, really bad.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, is it the screen protector?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I peeled the screen protector of from when I'm done severe double penetration.
Speaker 2: Continue to house the mug cope.
Speaker 1: The mug was fine. I drunk my coffee out of it. It was brilliant.
Speaker 2: What a concrete fucking muggy.
Speaker 1: I don't have Probably hate him, probably got country road care on his fucking mugs. It's all thick porcelain mug.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go. How often do you have trouble following through on instructions or commitments? Failing to finish work, duties, et cetera.
Speaker 1: See it's different because like when there's no stakes, I don't give a shit. Like if you go come to my party and I don't go, I won't care. But if no, I will care, but I just will be like I can get away with not doing it, but if it's a work task, I'll lose sleep over not getting it done. So it just depends on this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think sometimes you avoid getting things done because you think that it's going to be overwhelming or you'll have to focus too much.
Speaker 1: Probably, Yeah, it's like a therapy session.
Speaker 2: So often or sometimes when do I get the results? You've forgotten to answer the question often or sometimes sometimes? How often are you unable to play or engage in leisurely activities quietly?
Speaker 6: Ah?
Speaker 1: I played quietly.
Speaker 2: I just thought that was your personality though you're loud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now, but I love to sit on my iPad for an hour and do nothing and not talk to anyone.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I can do rarely or never do really okay.
Speaker 1: Not never, for God's sake, love causing a scene, you know, Sorry, just a side. The other day I told the brister that they gave me the wrong milk and they didn't know what. I just want to see what would happen. I was like, is this oat milk? She's like no, and I'm like, oh, I want an oat milk. And then she said Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I make It's fine, I'll drink it, walked off.
Speaker 11: Sorry.
Speaker 2: I The reason I'm laughing it is because the next question is how often do you have difficulty waiting your turn, such as waiting in line or interrupting other people? And as I was asking the question, you interrupted me? And when hang on, goats, milk or whatever the fuck it was, is often?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but how many people answering host a podcast and radio show, my job is to interrupt. No, it's not I don't interrupt.
Speaker 2: I feel it.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I just.
Speaker 2: Won How often do you feel like you're on the go, acting as if you're driven by motor example, you're unable to be or uncomfortable being still for an extended period of time, such as in a restaurant or a meeting. That one's me as.
Speaker 1: That's not me. I never I can sit still for a year and I'll be fine.
Speaker 2: That's why I don't watch movies that often, because it's just it stresses me out. I can't just lie down.
Speaker 1: I worry that I can't lie down because I'll stay there.
Speaker 2: Really. Yeah, that's literally.
Speaker 1: When I wake up in the morning, I make my coffee and I sit down to hurt my coffee. I'll be there for sometimes an hour or two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do that because of my tiredness. If I get home, I'm like, don't sit down, don't sit down. You'll never go to the gym. Once you're down, You're fucking But I've noticed if I'm trying to stay still, I'll just have one. I'm a stressful as something that that keeps me simulating you into it. Yeah, No, they're not USh ferries, you're a furry. How often do you leave your seat in situations when remaining seated is expected?
Speaker 1: Never?
Speaker 5: E g.
Speaker 2: Leaving your place in the officer workplace?
Speaker 1: Never? I do that a lot?
Speaker 2: Actually never? Oh really, I can go with never. That's fine.
Speaker 1: Now go really because sometimes I go to the bathroom for the sake of it, or go to see Jenner on the other side of the building.
Speaker 2: Yes, because how often do you blurt out and answer before a question has been consented? I think we both do that though we do.
Speaker 1: Just excited, we overlap a lot.
Speaker 2: Let's let's practice having a conversation where we allow a pause. Ready, you know, guys, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be big. We got a lot planned and I'm personally excited for talk about things.
Speaker 2: Is it actually going to be big? Are you just saying it's going to be big?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Jenna what he thoughts it's going to be.
Speaker 2: Big after you do? You know what I've noticed though, that might have felt a bit slow and dreary, right, but that's normal. Well, I work for Kyle and Jackie. Oh right, and that's actually how they talk like. I remember Kyle saying something off air to me once. He's like, oh yeah. The best thing about the show is that Jackie and I, as the years have gone by, we're not afraid of silence anymore, and so they actually speak like that and leave lots of pauses. It's because they've got obnoxious e DM nightclubs in the background, so we could have that same conversation. And as long as we're blasting music, you can't tell that it sounds really slow paced.
Speaker 1: Let's try, ready, let's do this. So let's pretend we're on Mike KISSFM award winning night show and we'll leave spaces between night always Mitch till mid night. It's going to be a very big show. I'm excited.
Speaker 2: How big are we talking.
Speaker 1: A couple things happening, three, four, I reckon six things in total happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but here's the thing. You always say it's going to be a big show. And we actually had one of our listeners right in and they said, Mitch always says it's going to be a big one, so it really loses its spark. It can't. They can't all be big shows.
Speaker 1: Here's a thing with that. I can say what I want because it's my show, right, Jenna.
Speaker 9: I agree, But it's less noticeable with the bed in the background.
Speaker 1: Is if we were on kiss though, we'd throw to a promo.
Speaker 2: Traffic, don't let's get back to the quiz.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The dreadful ironing is that we've just gotten distracted from an ADHD quiz. We couldn't even say focused.
Speaker 1: Do you have the answer?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: So are we done?
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, I thought that was and that's the next page. Okay, a couple more to go, right, let's power power through this ship. You're the one that got distracted and we're playing ship fucking primo.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: How often do you feel restless, like you want to get out and don't go do something?
Speaker 1: Sometimes?
Speaker 2: Rarely sometimes? How often do you fidget or tap your feet or hands, or swirm in your seat.
Speaker 1: Often same, I bite my nails.
Speaker 2: Like how often do you find yourself talking excessively.
Speaker 1: Every day?
Speaker 2: How often do you interrupt or intrude on others? This is the same question, like buffing into their conversations or taking over what others are doing.
Speaker 1: On a podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you do do that, though, do I?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: There'll be like two people on the other end of the building, between your desk and the mail toilet. They'll be having a conversation. You just walk through them and go, oh damn, what are we talking about? You just take over. They just have to drop everything.
Speaker 1: People team to love it.
Speaker 2: Though, were several of the symptoms present prior to the age of twelve, It's only come with adulthood.
Speaker 1: I reckon, Okay, I don't remember anything. I don't remember yesterday twelve.
Speaker 2: Do the symptoms appear in at least two or more settings? I home and school, home and work?
Speaker 1: See, this is where I think it's interesting. I think at home and with family and social I'm quite I'm not none of these, but I get very stressed about working commitments and events and things like that.
Speaker 2: Here we go. This is the final one. You scored a total. Okay, so if you have thirty four or above as your score, you more than likely have adult ADHD. And you got forty one.
Speaker 1: So I don't have it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, that's incorrect. They've given me a little pigraph. It's mostly green. They're like, yeah, you're add is fucked.
Speaker 1: Bra Oh see, I didn't really sit down to study that study what that quiz? I need to thoroughly do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's all right. Obviously I'm not a doctor, so don't go rushing on.
Speaker 1: So what type of pills can I get?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: They're great, really, yeah, but be wary once people find out you're taking riddle and or Dexas, they'll be hitting you up at every party because.
Speaker 1: It's club drugs too, right yeah.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, And everyone's like, oh, you must have great nights out and I'm like, no, these medications make me normal. They don't make me.
Speaker 1: Hyperactive, interesting.
Speaker 2: They compliment the chemicals of my brain, whereas if someone who doesn't have ADHD takes it, they're like whoa really Yeah. Lots of people tried to buy them off me at UNI so they could study all night, say awake longer they're a stimulant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember one. So we're at a local macas and even in the bathroom. I want to get a soft serve carne. I went to his wallet to get thirty cents and there was full of pills in the coins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my my just in case I'm out and about.
Speaker 1: Luckily we're in the country and the stuff when Yeah, you can pay with it. Okay, just a soft serve place. Well, there you go. Well, at least I'm not soft.
Speaker 2: Don't be shady at me. I wasn't insulting you.
Speaker 1: No, no, I need to be diagnosed. I don't have a brain condition after all, so maybe that well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could be good to get some clarity. Some of those symptoms could be related to your bloody Oh no, don't tell me, I'll get it. Don't don't tell me, I'll get it. Kiari malformation.
Speaker 1: Hayden doesn't even know, No, he does.
Speaker 2: He calls it kiara kia. Some of the symptoms could relate to that. Some could be adhd. Good to you.
Speaker 1: You know what for those listening, got google Kiari malformation because the more people that know about it, the better. Yeah, And I'll post this link to the Kiri Facebook page. I was banned for a short period of time.
Speaker 2: What did you do to get banned?
Speaker 1: I asked twice because I forgot that I posted once before. Oh, I said, hey, anyone using a good pillows for the brain? And they went to get the duo pillow done a pillow get the do rex went great, We glad up. Hey guys, I'm make sure you posted this again. You're being bought for a week? Like what that's part of the condition.
Speaker 2: You would think the Kiari Malformation mounted Brain support group and have a bit of sympathy for the fact that you've actually forgotten how they.
Speaker 1: Posted it the ki warriors.
Speaker 2: There you go, it's support group.
Speaker 1: Some people have it far worse than I do.
Speaker 2: Why want they ben you?
Speaker 1: I'm into support group. It's like, are durant idiots? By the way, there's two point two thousand in there? Random? Is anyone else? Oh, let's see if this is right? Hey, does anyone else anyone else's head kill? With any slight change in emotion like smiling and laughing is a no for me, even though he do it all the time, obviously, But if something brings a tear to my eye, like a video or something I've just watched. Wow, this is very apt. I just end up feeling like I have to hold my head together. Oh no, I don't feel like that, should I comment? No, no, and they get fired up. Katie says, two hundred and fifty for two h and fifty invoice for a six minute zoom? Wtf k tings hashtaged really really no joking? Can anyone recommend an oximeter for a child age three phillips? I don't enough they make one, but I'm sure that google Kiari malformation the ball people that know we can get a q made. You know, there's one specialist in the country for QR malformation. Guess where his office is? Where mc quarry.
Speaker 2: Park, which is where our radio station is down the road.
Speaker 1: And before I worked here, we had to drive all the way to my quarry park. I'm like, fuck six, never leaving the shire again next week, get a job. Kiss, I've never left here. I'm naming my first born quarry Anyway, it really was a great show.
Speaker 2: It was a big show.
Speaker 1: I really enjoyed. It was a big shirt. I'm exhausted and I've got to do a national radio shot with.
Speaker 2: You're the one that's still talking. You could be done right now if you want to do.
Speaker 1: I don't think I'm done. I don't think I want to. I'm enjoying them anyway.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys, Yeah, thanks for listening.
Speaker 9: As always, Thank you everybody for listening to our podcast.
Speaker 1: That sounds like the six src Leader Assembly. Thanks for listening. Missus mcconniey wants to not wants. Miss mcconniey wants to know if anyone wants to do basketball, volleyball, MIDI and the canteen after the assembly, Thank you.
Speaker 2: No, it would be missus Marxon to address the assembly and then she walks up. Rather than being prompt and like ready to walk, she like gets up and you hear the yeah, good morning everyone, and then she would ask for basketball recruiting.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 2: It's like just get the fucking get the little bitch that's the class captain to just do a quick speed break and just punch that out like okay, basketball sign ups, head to blah blah blah, check the newsletter like that caught. Those things are fucking they drag on those they're different.
Speaker 9: In seventeen seventy.
Speaker 1: Three, very true, Actru's.
Speaker 9: Sake, I can't relate.
Speaker 2: I just think that School Assembly is a very poorly produced Actually.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I love to produce the School Assembly.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the Radio Awards? Yes, Like, it's so obvious that that shit is produced by radio people. It is so punchy.
Speaker 1: It's so punchy, and it's done in that we have the same amount of wards as you get at the bloody Grammys. Grammys is three hours. Our event is forty five minutes, and there's no speeches. No speeches.
Speaker 2: By the time the other person has collected their trophy, the next person's already walked out and started reading out the nominees for the next award. Like it's so like, well loyal.
Speaker 1: And they've already hooke and tease what's coming up next? It's great. Ellie Golding's performing the halftime showing about twenty but first Best Regional Broadcaster and they all announced really well, no stumbles. They are all radio announcers. But no speeches is a missed off because we all love to talk. Actually, no, you're right, speaking of which we should go, We actually should go see next week episode. What episode is this forty? We didn't say it once.
Speaker 2: Four We didn't really need to. People can read it forty five.
Speaker 1: I'd just like to say that loud, like a positive affirmation. See next week for episode forty six.
Speaker 4: Catch it in Guys, Bye bye bye everyone
Speaker 1: Soft