Speaker 1: I heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold when I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good? Hey, this is the Christian Oconnell Show podcast. So for the last two weeks we've been on a I'm actually about to say school break. That's how I regard this job. It is a kind of school break.
Speaker 1: Patsy, welcome back to the show. Thank you. It's so good to be bad. It is really good to be back. I tell you why the last two weeks.
Speaker 2: I'm now starting this show in far worse shape.
Speaker 1: I'm on heavy medication for kidney infection.
Speaker 2: I have torn and done something awful to my left shoulder, my glasses on holiday with the kids in Fiji. The hot that the break has done me Irre, I've wasted so much money now. It's like the game of life is snakes and ladders. I'm way down the bottom of back.
Speaker 1: Ladder that life insurances there is it? Oh my yeah.
Speaker 2: There was one point when where my wife and I were in the doctor surgery on Friday afternoon and the doctor what is it these days? I don't know if this happened to you, Patsy or ear where they start googling, they get a taba's not very assuring. This happened to me and I could see that she was googling what.
Speaker 1: My condition was and could it lead to the big sea? This is this is in front of me. My wife and I are sitting there in cancer.
Speaker 2: My wife, and I said, my wife and I was sitting there in cans hopefully not my wife, and I was saying it. Fortunately, It's like, what do you meant to do? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is he going to.
Speaker 2: Because normally I tell you this a bit on those those those meds for five days, two weeks and get yours in all.
Speaker 1: Oh no, hey, siy, what is wrong with this man? Yeah? I mean I can.
Speaker 2: My wife was trying to reassure me afterwards as we left, she said, look at least she was doing her.
Speaker 1: Do that. You do that in your time? What's that teeny's of study? Exactly?
Speaker 2: It's not like I've come in with a red tropical Okay.
Speaker 1: She should know. So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now we need to welcome to the show someone. We're really excited to be joining the show and our family as well. And that isn't just me, Pats and Rio and the team here. It's actually everyone who listens to the show and makes the show with us every day.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show, Alex Cullen. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Well, a genuine, big, warm hearted Welcome to the team, Alex. Everyone's making you film very welcome already. Already you've created a buzz. Let me tell you why. When I came in this morning, right Alex, a senior engineer goes to me, he pulls me so and goes, hey, Alex has been in since five a m.
Speaker 1: Now for this team, this is already.
Speaker 2: Remarkable because a certain former team member never came in till like, well six, are you already?
Speaker 1: Times are changing. I'm very conscientious. You've got to be on your first day. There's a lot going on, you know, So what are you going to be in like five to six tomorrow? It's a one day thing, is it? But welcome.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. Look, it's wonderful to be here. Everyone's been so lovely and friendly and welcoming. It's a big move for us, as you will well know. It's my girls are starting school this morning as well. So wow, yeah, it's all happening in our family. But it's wonderful to be We love this kiss the girls. The twins are six yep, and they're starting well term three today here in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: It's totally new school in New city.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're brave girls.
Speaker 3: They're in the same class, which is really lovely.
Speaker 1: And how was the drive over them from Sydney?
Speaker 3: The drive down was a nightmare Christian cats that ages had.
Speaker 1: We're sitting in the military insurgents are in the car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so we're about to go and one of the girls, Evenie, just starts vomiting in the car now, you know, and we're like, really, is this happening right now? And then she's just continuing to do that for most of the trip. Then about halfway Audrey does the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're like Carliles was.
Speaker 2: One goes off, starts chundering, the other one does and then you start try heaving and your wife.
Speaker 1: Starts try heaving. It's a it's a funny. It was just awful. But you know, was there any point were like is this a.
Speaker 2: Sign to the vomiting on the way As we leave Sydney it's to Melbourne and that wonderful blowy episode where they're moving but they actually stay, they stay.
Speaker 1: But today we're going Yeah, if only you hadn't lost that Channel nine.
Speaker 3: I just saw it out of the corner and by actually on one of the screens. You're like, oh, that's interesting. There they go this morning.
Speaker 1: Very well.
Speaker 2: Now I just have to mention as well that you do appear to have a brand new black eye.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know Melbourne's a bit rough, and I'm really sorry in your first weekend you've already had a punch on.
Speaker 3: I've come in here about it and bruised. And it was funny. We bought some walnuts from South Melbourne markets.
Speaker 2: Come on that old story you got into a pub five TV guy, you got the shit kicked out.
Speaker 1: Don't insult the show. And day one with some story about walnuts.
Speaker 3: Car looks like, so, anyway, we're at the back of where and we we're opening these walnuts. The kids love walnuts, and so there's the shells everywhere throughout the backyard and I'm picking them up. Anyway, My kids are a million miles an hour, like proper, proper million miles an hour, and so I'm meaning now to pick them up. Edie runs over and she starts picking them up, and then as I stand up, she takes off, and in that exact millisecond she has taken my just taken me out, smashing into my eye, my eye full of blood.
Speaker 1: The girls are screaming.
Speaker 2: It's not a good look for down if you can be wiped out by a six year old, she like sat soon is at that age.
Speaker 1: Man, get a better story, Alex.
Speaker 3: He said to your last night, he said, Daddy, tomorrow on the show, you have to say that you were beaten up by a six year old.
Speaker 1: All right, well, Alex, welcome to the show. This song is for you. It's the Black Eyed Peace. Thank you. Christian O'Connell show on podcast,