Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, Jack Post Morning, Good morning Patsy, Morning Patsy. Did you do anything last night celebrate your wedding anniversary?
Speaker 3: No, because the love guard didn't get home from work till seven. He had to go in the city yesterday, so he hit traffic and then you know, he's got gout in his foot, so he's not kind.
Speaker 2: Of Natsi's married to a seventeenth century pirate.
Speaker 4: He just got over the scurfy.
Speaker 2: He's in conquestable.
Speaker 3: He's got gout in his foot.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he would he come up with a parrot and some rum, a skurfy.
Speaker 3: Parrot on his shoulder.
Speaker 2: A friend of Michael's got gout. It is supposed to be agony.
Speaker 3: You can't stand the sheet even touching his right foot all the moment. So he's not kind of you know, party boy at the minute. But he did have a nice day yesterday because a lot of his clients listened to the show, so he hadn't told anyone it was his anniversary, and every time he walked into an office, Happy anniversary.
Speaker 4: I sad.
Speaker 2: Nothing better on your anniversary than clients marking.
Speaker 4: It not being it with the person you love.
Speaker 2: Anniversary next month, and I'm going to make sure not with my wife and I with Rob from EM and s Winston weather wy Kimmy's dad, to be honest, and the guy.
Speaker 3: It was probably the most unromantic anniversary of all.
Speaker 2: His foot near a sheet. So what did you do when you actually were reunited in the evening?
Speaker 3: We had like an hour last night, so but the.
Speaker 2: Time just like prisons of visiting lights. One of the guards already out with.
Speaker 3: The cy like the Midnight Express. Yes, yeah, no, as I said in a couple of weeks, we're having a weekend away just the two of us, no phones, no child, no wine.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Just so it was very very basic. And it was just like spag bowl and meatballs for dinner, not even a glass of wine. And I've got a big thing today for variety which I'm hosting, so I was sort.
Speaker 2: Of Also, it says you look amazing, Oh thank you. You don't like you're off to a ball or promus. You've got a beautiful dress on.
Speaker 3: I haven't got my face on yet.
Speaker 2: So I knew you. This wasn't for the show. It's not like you you downgrade for the show was there's something after this, No, this is this is too much for this, So what do you have to do this afternoon?
Speaker 3: So they're doing the Variety Women's Lunch and of course tomorrow is International Women's Day and they haven't done it for about four years because of lockdown and everything.
Speaker 2: So well, women have been out in lockdown. We've a we knock down out for a couple of sounds like a man sort of thing, and we haven't done it for coup. Well, the seats are still packing and also live aid still packing up from that, you know, So I've got that.
Speaker 3: So my head was all around that last night because I wanted to focus on that.
Speaker 2: Awesome. So you're hosting a big luncheon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Melbourne Town Hall with Sally k Cappen. Wow, So I'm very excited. I feel very honored to be asked to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should be.
Speaker 3: And Lisa Baron, she's a big fashion designer in Melbourne. She's doing a fashion parade. So it'll be a lovely day and we hoped her awesome some money.
Speaker 2: Awesome, Patsy, enjoy it all right, coming up next forty years back sadly, I mean I'm very excited. I'm a d'es fan. So we're back tonight. Sady in this studio is a Swanees fan. I'd like to extend, or try to anyway, good luck to his team tonight. We'll see how it goes next.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast Tomorrow.
Speaker 2: My seventeen year old daughter is singing at a special assembly at school for International Women's Day Patsy. She's doing a cover version of Tracy Chapman's Fast Car. I heard yesterday practicing about half seven evening. Right, She's up in a bedroom, the bedroom door shut, and of course any parent would have done the same thing. I crept out Commando's Star, right, avoiding those floorboards that creek and stuff like this, all right, and I'm trying not even to breathe because they sense where you are in the house because it's quiet, and they're like this. And so I could hear her singing, and so I got my phone out and I started to record it, and then she paused and she just went, are you the other side of this door? And I went I was literally lying on the floor of the poment yeap just the door comes flying open and she went, I'm not going to practice if I know you're just summer in the house listening to it. Okay, it turns into a thing. You just add pressure. I went, you can understand one above you. I'm not allowed to come and watch it. It sounded beautiful. You're doing really ourselves great. See this, See this is why do parents do this way? Yeah, God forbid, we do something nice to support you enjoying and expressing yourself.
Speaker 4: Are you having this whole conversation from the floor looking up at her?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure. I'm pretty sure it's still recorded because they were still running as well. And then I did a thing one day I won't be here, and you'll wish you had this audiov that short circuits every argument to how many kids so amazing? Footy is back? Wow, we big big games coming up the next couple of days. But it's all about the D's and the Swans tonight. And so I'm a D's fan, and you on the show is a Swaney's fan, and I just thought it'd being nice despite how you've been to me sometimes. Well, there was a time about three years ago where the Swans had had a very very big win. You remember that it was a huge win. Yeah, that was a huge embarrassing loss for the D's. And I came into work and this is my safe space, and this terminal here, which is mine and I sit in front of every morning, has tabs up that are relevant what I need, and you'd put the score up there deliberately as I want to say, I hope both of our teams have a great game tonight, okay, And I want to say it's going to be a big year for you guys, because you're obviously worried about g W West eclipsing you. But I want to say despite all of that, I hope you enjoy the game tonight because it's going to be a big year. G w Wes, I think are going to establish this out this year's Sydney team. So I hope you enjoy what ever happens tonight, because it's a long seron make.
Speaker 6: You and I feel the same way about Melbourn because a lot of people bash Melbourne. They say, oh, when they won that.
Speaker 2: We've had a very quiet couple of months. Where are you going with this?
Speaker 6: No, I'm just saying a lot of people will say, oh, you know, when Melbourne won the premiership. It was a fake premiership. No one has said, Mickey Mouse.
Speaker 2: I hope your team enjoyed to night's game.
Speaker 6: I'm saying those just don't listen to the haters saying I was bringing up to defend them.
Speaker 2: Nothing to defend here.
Speaker 4: Wait, you guys will need cohesion.
Speaker 2: Tight unit at the moment.
Speaker 4: I hope you find the cohesion.
Speaker 2: Se tough times, adversity bonds.
Speaker 4: Oh that you'll be very b.
Speaker 2: You think, hang on mate, is that one person? It's the whole team, all behind each other like an Indian.
Speaker 4: God, like ful Tron.
Speaker 2: They all come together the one massive we score as well.
Speaker 4: Max corn is the head.
Speaker 2: Who are you going to go for?
Speaker 7: Jack?
Speaker 4: Well, I have to go for the d because remember that thank you the week that I was friends with maxicrn and Tom McDonald about five years ago.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Patsy will be watching tonight or.
Speaker 3: No, I will be first time to have that from the sports supporter. This time the season opening. It has happened outside of Victoria, which is fairly big, isn't.
Speaker 2: It is that wrong? Cool? Of course it is? Yeah, yeah, because this is silly split zero round, yeah, complicated.
Speaker 3: But I think the Swans will win because they're playing at home.
Speaker 6: I hate to say, well said Patsy, and you have a keen afl mind.
Speaker 2: Can't wait for it to come back. I'm going to record it. Don't tell me what happened. I'm going to like a Netflix series half an hour, going to binge it.
Speaker 5: Christian know Conald's show podcast, Jack.
Speaker 2: Post is just promised team members maybe at the end of the year so they can feel the joy that he has as a recent Crocs convert, and also Crocs. If you need a wide eyed evangelistic ambassador. No one will shift that brand more than chat Post. You love Crocs.
Speaker 4: It's just because you guys haven't tried it, so you keep saying things.
Speaker 2: Like I have. But because of care about esthetics, I took my foot out of that because it was squelching noise. If you're walking in public, they.
Speaker 4: Don't I agree. From the outside, they don't look comfortable. They just look like plastic. But it's when you're in them they feel so nice. So I said, if the team wants for Christmas, I'll get everyone a pair of Crocs.
Speaker 3: Team does not want.
Speaker 2: Have you got Crocs?
Speaker 3: Pats excuse me, wash your mouth out with some I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I was just checking. I don't know whether you were a crocker as well, you know not.
Speaker 4: What about Chris? Would that get No?
Speaker 2: You can't, no, no, no, no, I will say this. You go to a hospital, they're all wearing some kind of croc because they're on their feet all day.
Speaker 4: They need to be helped.
Speaker 2: No, you see the surgeons as well, not the patience. What are they giving them crocs? Are they like going to a bowling alley where the doctors and us will take your shoes up and go What are you mean nine nine and a half forty four? Is it European forty four on an American eleven?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't think surgeons are wearing crocs.
Speaker 3: No, they're wearing like a special clog, like a special industry.
Speaker 4: What is a clog when it becomes a special industrial clock? I think surgeons are just wearing regular sneakers.
Speaker 2: Some are wear regular sneaker. But having been in a hospital in the emergency department a couple of weeks ago for four hours, I was looking a lot of footwear there. Just think, just thinking, because I'm designed now for comfort, thinking what if they they need comfort? What are they wearing? I was doing like an inventory. I saw a lot of Nikes and stuff like that, a lot of assex Jack you and I, of course we love our assets. They had the coianers as well, but I saw predominantly a croc looking foot thing. You really and I don't know whether they have a wholesaler or wherever they go, but it was a it was a cloggy kind of thing. You can slip it in an easily if you've got to code red or something you can't be going on. It's putting my left show on. You can just slip it on it. But they look like crops.
Speaker 4: Well that's the other thing. You get them on so fast. That's what you're out of door like this.
Speaker 2: And that you're there's always something going on. Where's the action, where's the party? I haven't got time for LASiS Johnny Depp to come in. They just don't belong in society. I would know.
Speaker 4: I would love it if medical professionals really are wearing crocs. I would love you.
Speaker 3: But that's all right because that's in a workplace, like a chef would wear.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, Yeah, okay, so you're saying, technically i'm working here, I could wear my I'm glad.
Speaker 2: That you said there were technically before we had it's finally self awareness.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jack isn't the only Kroc lover on the show. But you said Caitlyn has she just came flying in three, three pairs of Crocs. I mean it feels like it's like, why have you got three? Is it sort of situational? One sort of indoor, one sort of set for outdoor? What's the three choice?
Speaker 8: So it's about fashion, but it didn't happening. So I have a white and a gray pair.
Speaker 3: So just depends on what fashable share you good ones?
Speaker 2: I didn't Paris Fashion Week.
Speaker 8: Oh I have a third one that actually has kind of like a woolen inside.
Speaker 2: How old are you?
Speaker 9: And is that when you're doing your roses, Nana, No, it is when.
Speaker 3: I want to be a bit more upmarket.
Speaker 2: Start.
Speaker 4: I still have the crop out shell, so it's not.
Speaker 8: The famous croc out of shell. It has like two bands across it and it's just more like a slipper that you slip your foot into and it's got the.
Speaker 2: Nice and you'd wear that out to like a restaurant or something.
Speaker 8: Yeah, absolutely dress you know, it's really really stylish. I'll wear them. I'll wear them next week.
Speaker 2: But what's happening next week? I didn't mean anything to me the show? Oh right, okay, we've got big week if we.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I would love to wear him in here. You want, I promise you, Okay, no, shame, No, I.
Speaker 3: Think you'll find they don't meet company protocol.
Speaker 2: I've seen, I've seen what some of the people wear here. Where is that company.
Speaker 4: For walking around barefeet and board show?
Speaker 2: Only? Come on now, one of the best dress men in radio Amnesty Croc Amnesty tomorrow. Okay, where your crocs?
Speaker 4: I will Caitlyn, where your crocks tomorrow? Anyone who's in crocs wear crocs tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I'll get them on the way you look. It's just going to be in fact, you know what, Jack yet, Kate is not working on tomorrow's show, so it's you'll find that flank. And I've just held a message from Sue the boss Kroc lover.
Speaker 4: See where your crocks in tomorrow? Would be like a fundraising day everybody wears. Wouldn't you do it for a good cause?
Speaker 2: I would donate. I don't have to wear the cross.
Speaker 4: There you go taking part, You're not.
Speaker 2: I'm donating. I'm supporting the cause. I don't need to wear the croc. Here's what I want to know. Then, So I'm pretty sure that surgeons who are on their feet all day doing complicated operations right, their feet have to be looked after you on the day. You can't have me having like sweaty foots over that that scalpel could nudget They're like kick in the back of a shoe where the heels coming a bit, but you didn't get quite getting the shoe easily. I think they're wearing clogs slash crocs, and I'd like to know what is their default shoe that they use. Are we missing out inside?
Speaker 4: I would love to believe it. And it's true. The croc is very aerrated from all the holes, so you never get a sweaty foot, So it makes sense.
Speaker 2: I would just be would surely with all that rubber that's like a like a like a sliper. It's more like going to eat bring out the sweats.
Speaker 4: I just thinking of what I say on TV, and I've never seen on Gray's Anatomy or people wearing crocs.
Speaker 2: They wear a slip on. It's backless because you can't be putting the hill thing. They haven't got time for that. When there's a code blue and Ward.
Speaker 4: Five, well they should already have shoes on.
Speaker 2: Because they're hanging out with Huggy. All right, So surgeons, what are you wearing on your feet? And in fact trade as well, they're on their feet all day long.
Speaker 3: They're not wearing crocs.
Speaker 4: A steel cat crock would be a good idea.
Speaker 2: Also, I worry, right, I need to be in footwear that is adaptive to any situation might find myself in.
Speaker 4: Are you in this or a trading No?
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm just saying I worry that if you're in crocs, I'm worried that your ankle is loose in there.
Speaker 4: Your ankle is loose. But then you've got what happens.
Speaker 2: If you have to deal with the situation and you've got to take it to a john Wick level hopefully that never you need to be ready for that.
Speaker 4: No, you don't know about the speed bend. So there's two more cramp and ship. There's a slip on function or you can flip back the speed beard and then you've.
Speaker 2: Got I want to defend my to support mode.
Speaker 4: Then you've got support behind the quickly and it's not coming off.
Speaker 2: You hang on the other one wasn't on support mode. You can't deal with any situation. Bear Grills ain't in crocs and Middleton is not crocking up the s a S boot.
Speaker 4: I'll be in support mode speed bend mode most of the time, so I won't. I can run at full pace in crocs.
Speaker 2: It's pretty much okay. Whatever job you do, do you trust your footwear? And would you recommend it to us?
Speaker 5: Cal Brighter, you're listening to the question know Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're getting into today. Real talk guys, real talk, no excuses, real talk, real talk, no excuses. Footwear. What do you depend on? What isn't born. The reason why we've trickled into this is Jack is pushing the case once again like some sort of crop fundamentalist. He's always going to convert people when they're tired, and he's fly on the flag for Crocs and it's a it's a lonely flag.
Speaker 4: I would love to wear them, only you can.
Speaker 2: This is a CROC safe space. But all you would know is a lot of the team will be thinking, oh God, I'm going to bring in my book and stop. I never Oh my god, oh my god. I know what I'm going to get you as a tree, and I get you the ones. I have the Boston Mule, the Boston s FB soft foot bed.
Speaker 4: Don't you have to get them shaped to your foot or something?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, these things, these things you get them and they straight away fills like the hug in the foot. And you have that s f B whatever that is, the soft foot bed, and oh my god, and you can slip them on an off jap. But this is a mule, a suede one. You can wear it with shorts, you can wear it with a soup. What it is, it's versatile. It's versatile. You can level that up, you can scale it back down. I can hang out in a boardroom. I can hang out the board walk. Come on, Burke and stock HQ.
Speaker 4: That's stort and everything you just said. That's what I hope is the future for crocs that is accepted in the same you know what.
Speaker 2: They are, scrappy do and what I'm wearing with my Burke starts, it's good old scoops.
Speaker 4: I've got.
Speaker 2: You're dreaming of being me when you grow up.
Speaker 3: You say you can wear it with a suit, but it doesn't mean that you should.
Speaker 2: True, I would agree with it. I'm just saying choices and options, all right. So the people I really went here from today are what goes on operating theaters because surgeons and all the technician stuff. Now they're on their feet all day long, and focus is really really important. Christian sue here. I'm an operating room nurse. I wear assex runners. You and Jack mentioned them earlier. A lot of orthopedic surgeons. What are they?
Speaker 3: Orthopedic hip hips and knees and stuff, orthotics?
Speaker 4: Yeah, started the food, work your way on.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you start there in an operation, you work you out. Well, we're going to opera on the feet, then we do the knee bone connected to the I'm on. That's what they're saying when they work to remember where all the bones are there. Wear a white gumboo because there can be a lot of fluid around when we don't need to know what happens when we're unconscious.
Speaker 4: Yeah. See, krucks would be awful for fluid on the ground because there's so many holes.
Speaker 2: You're not making maintaining a strong case for them. I can't have fluids around me seeping into my footwear. Christian, My midwife and I wear birken Stocks. They are like crocs, Chloe, I disagree. They are the thinking person's footwear. Christian. I'm emergency nurse. I use crocs, but the solid ones with slip resistant songs.
Speaker 10: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: Don't know?
Speaker 4: The solid ones. I thought the whole thing about crocs was that had the holes all over, the porous pus technology. If you go on a clothes kruck, you're just wearing a shoe.
Speaker 2: Christian. I think surgeons wear Birkenstock clogs the same as chefs. Chefs wear them because they can kick them off quickly if they drop something hot on them.
Speaker 4: Hm hmmmm.
Speaker 2: Someone else is saying, what are those strange little pens that krook wear is have on them?
Speaker 4: Yes, I would, I would be interested in exploring that.
Speaker 2: Oh no, they're they must be called a name. I see you, they go, oh, bless him, he's wearing spoky dogs.
Speaker 4: They are like spoky dogs for your shoes, and they're actually popular among young people. So far I would be called, you're so guys.
Speaker 2: It's like Fred again, he ain't wearing crops he he's not. You're not telling me. Behind those turntables, he probably has a little Jane, good morning, Good morning, Jane. You're exactly who we need to talk to. So you're a theater use I am, all right, So take us into a surgery. What's everyone wearing?
Speaker 11: I can confirm that the majority wear crocs.
Speaker 4: Told you I'm sucked.
Speaker 11: There are there are lots that also wear Birken's dogs.
Speaker 2: Thank you Boston with the footbed.
Speaker 11: That's right, and there are also gumbo wearers.
Speaker 2: See what's what's the what's the number one? Then if it was a pie shot, what's the biggest slice?
Speaker 11: Our crops have a huge percentage of that pie star.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I see. If surgeons are wearing it, sure it's good enough.
Speaker 2: For they're going for functionality.
Speaker 4: Yes, and they chucked under.
Speaker 2: The operating table bed operating bed.
Speaker 11: I don't wear them because of the holes. Surgeons wear them and they don't want them off. They are covered in no stuff. Yeah and yeah, so I'm not sure why anyone wears them in the operating teat of bit, but I love them and they wear.
Speaker 4: Them, don't you? Scrubbing and scrub out of an operating theater. The dirty old crocs getting in.
Speaker 2: They're sort of taking me. I don't want to look down at the surges going don't wire a very simple procedure. It seem spatted in tried cake, blood and brain spoken that we do.
Speaker 11: We do scrubbings, but we're only scrubbing out hands and arms, so we put on seal gowns each can.
Speaker 2: Young used to go that foot thing. You don't see that anymore. Gouldness knows what was so remated when.
Speaker 4: Food mouth disease was a threat. We had to always had to step up those.
Speaker 2: That's what you need to clean off your shoes. So what do you go for, Jane? If you're not crocs? What are you train as sneakers? I?
Speaker 11: No, I don't like sneakers because again they're fabric and they absorb stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you go for?
Speaker 11: I wear a clog, kind of like a rubbery clog. But the problem with nursing clogs is traditionally I find them really ugly, so they're kind of limited. But they're the best option for me because they're clothed and I can wipe them down.
Speaker 2: And where do you go to get your shoes and clogs?
Speaker 4: It's a special nursing shop.
Speaker 11: There are these online stores.
Speaker 2: So would we be able to go to them as well? Can you give me like your log in details? Because I want to try what you how I think I could focus better on the show.
Speaker 11: Maybe, Look, you don't need it's like nursing code. If that's what you're wondering.
Speaker 12: I think that.
Speaker 2: I mean they're open to the You're making it sound like you're trying to do some perfy now is purely functionality, okay, to help me focus on perform better, that's right.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So Footy Back tonight we have our Footy Wall of Fame, an empty wall at the moment until Monday morning when legends that we don't know about so getting immortalized up there, all thanks to monic Painting made easy with Monic feel confident tackling your next painting project and achieving the perfect finish. Monic Painting made Easy available at Bunnings Warehouse.
Speaker 10: Wallly online on streets your foody heroes, the Nuffies, the Earlies, Upbond Theballly.
Speaker 2: From Groundsland to Goods.
Speaker 10: Everyone is welcome, just not calling.
Speaker 2: So who can you tell us about a legend that we've never heard of. Yesterday we heard about an amazing man inspiration Royce Dickinson from a son who distances to the show.
Speaker 13: My father, Royce Dixon was a young seventeen year old that was recruited from Recliss to play for Geelong. Thursday, before he was to play in the seniors for Geelong, he lost his arm in an accident. Went on to play football with one arm and when he was I think about twenty one, he won a Besson firest in the Horseshop District Football League with one arm and as he always said, the only thing that he was always lacking was his handball skills was very poor.
Speaker 2: Amazing guy, incredible story. Also played golf off of thirteen, which is just remarkable. So he's going up there, Royce Dixon, who can you tell us about nine four one oh four to three? There are two people been looking for this week. One of them the goose is still on.
Speaker 7: The loose, hey, Christian Jack and team. I can one hundred percent confirm that the Simon Goosey is an absolute legend, especially of local footy. The most goals he's kicked in the game was twenty goals and two behind and that's just in one game. He coached Mornington to four premierships in a row. I believe he kicked close to two thousand goals in only two hundred and forty three games and that's enormous. Simon or Goose as everyone knows you as if you're listening, you're an absolute legend and I reckon you belong on the footy Wall.
Speaker 2: It's a bit like the TV show The A Team. If you can find them, you can hire them. We still need the Goose. The goose is on the loose. However, have we landed the big one? This week? A legend has emerged this guy, Hi, Christian, my name's Robin.
Speaker 14: I know a footballer that played a Noble Park Juniors and the four.
Speaker 7: He kicked sixty goals and eighty hinds in one game.
Speaker 14: His name is Doug Insoor and he really needs to go on the Football Wall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Guys, we have on the show right now, the one and only the legend that is Doug and soare welcome to the show.
Speaker 14: Thank you very much. Hey, good to be here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Doug, Doug, take us back if you still remember it nineteen sixty seven, you're just a young kid, a teenager. And was it really sixty in one game?
Speaker 14: Yeah that's correct, Yeah, sixty girls eight points and apparently one they had advance as well, so you were wrong. But I got ribbed ribbed about that one, and oh that was a big thrill at the time. As a kid, I appeared on a lot of the media. I was on a show called Wall the Sport the next day. Yeah, don't go anymore. But Lou Richards and Jack Dyer interviewed me and got presented with a football, which was terrific. You know. Oh, a big thrill as a kid. So had a lot of good memories and so we had a great team as well as you can probably imagine. Wasn't just me on the day. They had to get it to me, so they the blocks around me made me not made them right.
Speaker 2: And you went straight away into the Guinness Book of Records with.
Speaker 14: This, Yeah that's right. Yeah it's still wells still late today in there.
Speaker 4: It's the most ridiculous start we've ever read.
Speaker 2: It's well, I've got a bels Doug when when we heard it, I thought it was one of those you know, over the years, some stories get exaggerated don't they And another layer goals every day, and so you know another this time next year is two hundred he kicks in one game and it starts to become badly believable. But it's amazing that actually it's in the Gainness Book of Records.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's right. And also and I think there's forty goals in another game next year, So two hundred and eight to the years, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: The double century.
Speaker 2: Listen, Doug, the DS might need you tonight. I wind about us taken on the Swans. Can can you get over to Sydney? Have you still got the lucky boots?
Speaker 14: No? I haven't actually, but a lot of good memories at the time, and the Noble Park was a great club to me and my family, and and I've had a lot of good friends over the years. So still see a lot of the bugs these days.
Speaker 2: Do you do you have reuni into with the guys.
Speaker 14: Well, not the underpoward owing reunion so much, but Noble Park itself has the reunions at various stages over the years.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 14: We all get together and go into a bit of about and a bit of fun and we.
Speaker 4: Should be their favorite sun.
Speaker 2: I feel like it is a statue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or they changed their name to the Noble Park Dougs.
Speaker 2: Yeah something. Yes, du Park's start campaign feels good to me. Now, have you still understand you've got the flags from the game, the flags? Yeah, well you've given them and the umpires gave you the flags from the game because they must have been just permanently up.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I've still got there. They're in my garage or I've got a bit of a gear to a lot of memorabilia and things like that. I've still got them.
Speaker 2: Yet, where are the flags? Are they hanging up in Gloria? They're not in a box.
Speaker 14: No, they're not in the box now. They're on near the ceiling type area and they you can see any where they are, and.
Speaker 2: They should be in the garage. They should be above that when you walk in the house, above your threshold.
Speaker 14: That I don't know about that one. But oh no, as I say, it was a great time in my life. And it does come up every now and again where I go and people have a chat about it. And no, I haven't got a problem back talking about it.
Speaker 4: It was a good part we have. We have to mention this that we're reading the article from the sixties. The game had seventeen minute quarters, so there was only sixty eight minutes in the whole game, which is almost an average of a goal a minute.
Speaker 14: That's well, that's right, you know, well as it debt, Well, I was full forward obviously, and I was the focus for the day, and oh well yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean the strategy must have been like, listen, if you get the ball, give it to.
Speaker 4: Do at halftime when you're thirty odd goals like this is working for us, so we're going to continue with this.
Speaker 14: It was one black kick, two goals.
Speaker 2: I was crossing. Did you think it was Dug?
Speaker 4: And did they have the same opponent on you all day, Doug? Or did they rotate throughout the team.
Speaker 14: I'm not sure now, but I'm suggesting they might have rotated a few over the course of the day, which.
Speaker 2: Is so tell me this what happened over the next couple of years. Did you go on and continue to play footy because you obviously had a huge natural gift for it.
Speaker 14: Well, I had a bit of a rundown at South Melbourne Third's, but I wasn't really dedicated, probably not good enough further and I went back to Noble Park and I played there for another twenty odd years and totally involved with the local footy club for a while. Just had good good times down there. Yeah, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: And you still love watching a game now? Will you be watching a game tonight? Who'd you barrack for?
Speaker 4: Doug?
Speaker 2: Here's your team, the Mighty Pies.
Speaker 14: Oh a good bit of a boot.
Speaker 2: Maybe you don't go on that footy wall of fame now, it's pretty busy now. They're a great, great team in a great Grand Final last year. You must have loved watching that, Yeah, I did you know?
Speaker 14: You only watched on the TV. But oh oh it's sort of nervous till the enners, I say, And because I soon im losing for.
Speaker 2: You over the years, Doug, you are exactly what this footy Wall of Fame is about. It's like people like you that we don't know about. But I've got an amazing story. So if you're okay with it, we'd love to paint and imature happy with but up on our footy Wall of fame, Doug.
Speaker 14: We'd love to yep, that'd be fine, you know. More more so, i'd like to mention my children and Green Hill maybe more thrilled than probably what I am really doing this.
Speaker 2: Oh good on. You're a very modest, humble legend, Doug. But yeah, we're sticky up on the wall. Next week you can take your children and your grandchildren go and see it as well. But Doug and saw lovely to finally talk to you as well. Enjoy your day, but thanks for chatting to us.
Speaker 14: Thanks Christian, bye for now the Christian Connell's Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good news if you're paying attention the ongoing drama of this week's show, Our friend has found this passport? Where was it?
Speaker 4: Where was it?
Speaker 2: What was it in the grill? Was it in the oven? You didn't put in a freezer draw? Did you don't just leave us like that? Come on please, and they're flying Saturday, so it's it's the perfect time and that it is amazing news that please let us know where was the passport? All right, now it's time for this week's signs. You're an adult because suddenly you'll find yourself doing something, even enjoying something, or being irritated by something, and you have this kind of moment where you look above yourself you realize this is it. This is peak adulting. It's not what you thought it was going to be. Like as a kid, I'm constantly saying to my seventeen year old who's trying to race and bend time to get into the grown up old, I'm like, I can't say to it.
Speaker 4: It's not all.
Speaker 2: It really, it's so much admin. It's endless admin. Even it's notice every day there's this little drop down of what you have to do that day.
Speaker 4: That is the single truest thing about adulthood that you don't realize when you're young.
Speaker 15: So much stuff this admin, just this is admin, isn't it every day, no matter on your best day, even when you think about the best day you had this this year so far.
Speaker 2: Like a great day, that a great day. I didn't get to get the bloody dry cleaners. Now it's been a week. Now it's going to get awkward. They've stopped calling me, Oh God, I can't go to are we're going to weigh this weekend? Can you go? Now? I don't want to go. I'm going nowhere near. There's never anywhere to park. Everything's and you take one thing's got like three other things splinter a line, and it's always like I got time today. Sometimes it can break me just when I try and log into an account that I have and it's like, I no idea want to set that password? That password, No, some computers remember it. But if you've cleaned your hard drive or whatever you get and you're looking in for the first time and like, oh god, I've got to come up with I haven't got it in me today to come up with a new password. It's too much sometimes being an adult, and it's also amazing, So we celebrate what it is to be a grown up. What are the signs you know when you're an adult? Perhatsy? What's it for you? Well?
Speaker 3: I can't describe the amount of satisfaction enjoy I get from a pig caddy, which I bought the other week to just sit up, prop up on my pig line.
Speaker 2: Have you I need to get one of these because they're just like they're just chaos. The pigs are either on the line or they just fall on the ground like fall them comrades.
Speaker 3: You know, it's all very odd. It's like a filing system for your pigs.
Speaker 2: And when I still describe it to me, what will you do? It's a basket basket.
Speaker 3: And it just hooks on the line, and you put any spare pigs that are not doing their job. They aren't clocked on at the time.
Speaker 2: Go why did you get that free? It came up anchor.
Speaker 4: And and if you really care about your pegs, you bring it inside overnight and then take it again.
Speaker 2: When you did the next classy?
Speaker 4: Why do you do that just in the sun and in the rain?
Speaker 16: Pigs?
Speaker 3: If you've got gold plated they are plastic to.
Speaker 4: Be fair than yours. You'll be winding up it anco again before you know it.
Speaker 2: Do you guys have the other thing you clip on pro level? This is one where you you pin your your socks.
Speaker 3: And is small on them, like the little round, like.
Speaker 2: A lovely little I see it as like a chandelier that goes up there, and it's like this has got the little bit you pin it On't it's in circular.
Speaker 4: Addition to the clothesline.
Speaker 2: Yes, but your small's there. Put them all there. They go over there. They have their own little the area, Jackie boy, what is it for you?
Speaker 4: One I noticed this week was just when you're an adult, you're irrationally annoyed by a loud noise. And I noticed it last time because Gord. He's got his YouTube on. It's play and that music that he listens to every day.
Speaker 2: Sound like a three that would be a place of a phonograph.
Speaker 4: He's jumping up and down on the couch, throwing pillows off the couch, singing.
Speaker 2: Hell believe he's two years old, you know, actually said where are you going to settle down and get a job? Putting some red around here?
Speaker 4: Without being really fully aware of it, I said, at one point, is this always so noisy.
Speaker 2: In this house? There's mom mad and then there's dad mad. Where it's just like this shoot disproportionate level.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian Science of being an adult. My daughter has moved out. She got us getting her first bills. It's nothing but complaining, mum, another bill, another bill. Yeah, my daughter's seventeen. She's got a Saturday job. Now she gets a little pacelet. She said to me the day, Oh my god, it doesn't go very far. You can't pin any bills. We won't buy his bubblized that bubble tea crap. It's just a day's work. Bubble tea stretch at the moment, making ends meet Springsteen song oh blue collar worker there, okay, all right, so one of the signs you're a grown up nine four one four one o four three Shane when he joined like I did Christian over the weekend. A vanilla slice appreciation page on Facebook. Christian. When you find itself randomly suddenly one day running your finger over furniture just to have a look at the dust that's up. There's for Andrew Christian. I can beat that one, Patsy. We've got a trolley basket trolley that you put your washing as soon as it comes out of the machine in and then you take that out there to hang the washing from that Christian try it is the future.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've got the trolley.
Speaker 4: Don't you worry You've got a trolley.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I've got the trolley.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's any extra ways of adult in that. Patsy can't be beaten. Yes, actually I think you should teach people and run online tutorials.
Speaker 3: Regular Martha Gardener of Australia.
Speaker 2: So what is it? Is it a collapsible trolley.
Speaker 3: It's a trolley. You can get them anywhere and co wherever put you. Why why lug that on you? Womanly shoulders? When you can put it in a trolley with wheels, I said on the.
Speaker 2: Eve of International Wednesday as well. White sisters. Fight the good fight. Huh, fight the good fight. Natalie, good morning?
Speaker 12: Hello?
Speaker 2: Right then, what you're doing this is that you're folding down the stairs. Nat. Do you every think right?
Speaker 12: Everything's fine? I'm just trying to get away from my dog.
Speaker 2: Okay, But you have a big dog, small dog, medium dog.
Speaker 12: Oh no, I've got two little ones. They dash hound cross toy poodles.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, hell of a look. Dashians are a gorgeous dog, aren't they.
Speaker 12: Yeah, these s were a bit cute, but they liked to fight in the morning. So trying to move away, all right.
Speaker 2: So you've got a dog UFC going on? So where Natalie? What's the sign you're grown up? Dealing with dogs? Is one of them?
Speaker 12: One? But the other one is a clean bin, like you're out your bin that you take to the curb.
Speaker 2: Min it's foul.
Speaker 12: No, it brings such joy when it's clean. And then you open the lid and the eucalyptus smell because I clean it. And then I put eucalyptus on a little cotton ball and.
Speaker 2: Now, oh no, mine is dog mark. It's work, but the dogs we got two dogs. Yeah, it's a foul brown juice at the bottom of it as well.
Speaker 4: The only time I've ever had a clean bin is ours got stolen one and they send us a new one. And that week I was actually imagine this was every week, this glean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, almost like the plastic sparkles like a wine glass at the dishwasher. I envy that, Natalie, I've got envy.
Speaker 12: Yeah. Look, and you've got to wipe the lid with the cotton ball before you put the cotton ball in the bottom, just so that it's clean at the top as well.
Speaker 2: Well. He'd be horrified if you open up my garden waste one. Maggots, Yes, maggots are mutating in there. I reckon. The next COVID is coming out of my bin. I'm saying it now. It's like, woohn, what do you open that up?
Speaker 4: Do you do the thing where you try to open and shut it quickly because you don't really want to know what's in there?
Speaker 2: Not just that chat. I'm looking the other way. I dream of having a eucalyptus centered ben. Natalie, I've got envy there, Thank you very much. Nat. Let's get a Kelly here.
Speaker 12: Good morning, Kelly, Good morning Christian. How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good, Welcome to the show. So adulting. What's a sign you've grown up?
Speaker 12: Oh, Christian, I turned a corner. I'm knitting in the car. What Yeah, every time we go out, not short trips, but longer trips maybe an hour or so. Yeah, happily take my bag of knitting and sit there with my husband while he drives.
Speaker 2: Few was my first question was going to be not a traffic lights, you know, getting the scar fountain. It's doing a bit more of it. And what are you knitting at the moment? My eldest daughter, she loves to knit. She knitted me a blankets Christmas and it's my favorite thing in the world. I love it so much. What are you knitting?
Speaker 12: I knit premature baby beanies for charity.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you angel? How did you get into doing that?
Speaker 12: Through a Facebook page Little Treasures, it's a premature baby foundation and they put a call out for people to knit little tiny beans They're so small. Christian, that's so oh gosh. There and I knit these little tiny beanies and send them off to the charity.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Some of my best of my best friends. Their two kids were very premature, and yeah, my god, they're tiny. When you go and sit there, are just so small and they're all okay now. But what a lovely thing. Lookt treasures as well. What a lovely phrase.
Speaker 12: And it's a double edged sword because my husband loves it now because I don't tell him how to drive anymore.
Speaker 2: Too busy. Well, good on you, what a lovely thing to do.
Speaker 12: Thanks Christian.
Speaker 2: I love hearing about the sight as well, little treasures, Kelly, thank you very much. We got here marrying.
Speaker 12: Hello, Hello Christian, how are you?
Speaker 2: And great Marrin? I hope you having a good week. And so what's the sign you're an adult?
Speaker 12: So it's not me, I've been adulting for a while. Unfortunately, it's my daughter. She's twenty three, and I knew she was an adult when for Christmas last year, rather than the you know, the inner bit tech gadget, she wanted Bunning's vouchers.
Speaker 2: Welcome to our world. Suddenly vouchers are called the best currency, and he gets eaten up pain bills in the current account. Vouchers are four heroes. That's a lovely one. Maren, thank you very much.
Speaker 13: You Ber.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Christian Know Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Well are the signs you're grown up Christian? You know, and you're an adult when the first thing you do in the morning is turn the catl on for coffee. I have actually some. It's like a bit like a meth lab over there. I have all kinds of I drink a lot of herbal tea. As you can see, I'm doing a very nice oolong Chinese oolong tea with rose petals. I'm currently got on the brew right now with a special little tea caddy that I have as well. Again, you're grown up, a very specific tuble one that my essential oils are always in my bag.
Speaker 4: How does that tea caddy work? What is that thing dangling out the side of the cup?
Speaker 2: Excuse me, well, I just walk away from the microphone to go on the side of the studio. This here is so I don't burn my little fingers, and I could just put it out.
Speaker 4: So unnecessary though exactly what a does?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it's a lovely metallic handle on it, the same beautifully esthetically designed for me to to nestle between my thumb and forefinger, so I don't burn myself so I can look after my fad of fingers that are in short fart millions. Christian, I also loved in it, like Kelly me. My nana knit Vestra penguins to keep them warm after they get a bath after they've been stuck in oil spills. What a beautiful thing to do. Let's go to Lukey. Good morning, Luke. Oh hello, Luke, good morning. Sorry though it's one of those robocalls.
Speaker 9: Hello Christian, how are you now?
Speaker 2: Luke? What's the sign you're grown up?
Speaker 13: Up?
Speaker 17: The head to start stretching?
Speaker 2: Start stretching in the morning.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you wake up and you feel four and you wake up to stretch. Cold mornings are catching up with bite here.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, Luke, thank you very much. Just go to Sandy here, come on it, Sandy, good morning.
Speaker 5: How are you all?
Speaker 2: I'm good Sandy, Sandy. What's the sign you've grown up? What is it for you?
Speaker 18: I knew I was a grown up when it's fifty. I got my po kit in the mail and I was so excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it took me while I work out to fill out the little form, but it is so easy. I did mine last week and got the little text message yes today saying surveillance whatever, it is a bow surveillance all good, double thumbs double thumbs out with them.
Speaker 18: It's like a rite of passage. I think it is a passage. Yeah, you can, you know vote, You can get your license one hundred to get your card from the king and it's fifty. You get a pookit from the government.
Speaker 2: You're right, you're right, and this is unique to this country. It's an amazing thing to do to try and keep us all safe. So I urge everyone to do it as a very very easy thing to do, isn't it, Sandy It is.
Speaker 18: Get your big pants on and do it.
Speaker 2: We don't do any pants. I did a takeaway. I did an old takeaway card that just dropped it put it through the letter box. I hope I did it right.
Speaker 4: And then you just all up the soil pants and put him in the letter box.
Speaker 2: How do you get a bad, very different kit you saw it yourself while you're at work and then drop them off bunstanding, un stuffed. Actually, I don't understand what you're saying. I had that little special blanket. Did you not get that little blanket you drop in the pan?
Speaker 18: I mean it's your big pants on. Go out and actually do it and get it done. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a public thing down the middle of the oval. All right, Sandy, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Have you got a story that is going to make the three of us meet chack of bats all? Say wow? If you had, you could be winning one thousand dollars in cash during the next twenty minutes or thanks to being our call all the week thanks to Mercedes Ben's Berrick on nine four one four one four three, Tracy made us say, well, recently.
Speaker 16: Had a tsunami warning, so we were heading by boat to our nearest neighbors up on a hill.
Speaker 13: The boat got capsized.
Speaker 16: I ended up by swimming about five hundred meters to show managed to get up onto the mangrove and there was just crocodiles everywhere. All I could do was climb the closest tree and waited for hours until someone came to get me.
Speaker 2: It's kind of incredible stories, even more so than she missed the other bit. She was seven years of age as well when she did that. So, have you got a story that's going to make us say? Well, you could be winning one thousand dollars for your story. Well, Christian Connell's show podcast We Don't Make Us say well, have you got a story that's going to make me chack? And Patsy say well, you could be winning one thousand dollars in cash. Thanks to Mercedes Benz Berrickho we got first of all, Ali, Good morning.
Speaker 19: Ali, Good morning guys.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see your story.
Speaker 19: The story I have for you, guys is when I was about seven, my next door neighbor, who was an older guy, was in his workshop and cut off his thumb. My dad got a phone call from the hospital saying we're missing the thumb, so he went across to find it. Me, being a little kid, I was like, I just want to see what my dad's up to and went with them, and long story short, I found the thumb. They were able to reattach it, and then for the rest of my time growing up, every time I rode my bikes past their house, he would give me a thumbs up and with all.
Speaker 2: His hopefully you know that is incredible. The fact that the hospital made a phone call to go could could you go and have a look at your neighbor's place? That good old rummage around and see if his thumb's there.
Speaker 17: Yeah, just blow off the sword out.
Speaker 12: She'll be right.
Speaker 2: Yes. And then what happened was it? Once you'd found the thumb? Want you get to get it in ice? And you and your dad drive it to the hospital.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well my dad put it in ice.
Speaker 19: I stay back with I think their their daughter who was old enough to babysit, and that his dad drove it across the hospital. And there you go.
Speaker 2: That is an amazing s I love that great story. Addie. Thank you very much for sharing. Have a good day, pleasure.
Speaker 12: Thanks guys.
Speaker 2: Lara, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Lara, Good morning.
Speaker 17: How are you going?
Speaker 2: We're good, Lara. So what's your what's your story that might makers say? Wow?
Speaker 17: Well, I went up to Port McQuary and I went out on the boat whale watching and not really destined to see a loss. There was a little bit of action around, so I there was one that was close by, so I put my hand in the water and and then after a little while a whale came up underneath my hand and lifted my hand out of the water.
Speaker 2: Wow. Who here can say we've touched a whale? Never touched amazing amazing creatures are beat What was that like to actually touch a well softly?
Speaker 17: Well, they asked me, and I said, I said, well, it's kind of hard but squishy, and they're like, what so that like the outside was was quite hard, like a leather sort of feel, and then but like underneath it was it was just kind of squishy, like blobbery.
Speaker 2: Underneath, like a cat's chin. I have many times tickle the cat's chin for pleasure, the cat's pleasure and mine consensual cat.
Speaker 17: Par Yeah, and yeah I've got photos of it as well.
Speaker 2: What you amazing experience? And what was it blue? Well?
Speaker 17: Humback, it was the guy reckoned it's a blue whale and it was about five years old. And he said it was a male and he was probably seeming around looking sure he.
Speaker 2: Were touching his beak because they get a little bit friendly sometimes, you know.
Speaker 17: Yeah, well he had barnacles on it, so that uncomfortable, hygie.
Speaker 2: Di'd have a good long chat about that. That is an incredible experience. Now after and I've been I took the kids out well watching and it was like an hour and a half out on the boat and then suddenly he stops engine. He goes there's one over there. It was about you got to get buyos out. It's like engine meters away and can we not get closer because we paid for the well watch and he went on, I do want to disturb him. He's a fine. We wouldn't get any closer. I dreamed of getting a little rub and a little pat on the head of that well.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 17: No, it was awesome. It was quite exhilarating.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And you actually get photos as well.
Speaker 17: Yeah. So the pad for friends that I was with, he's a professional photographer, so he took photos.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You mentually like a calendar January February up and get right through the November and lovely stuff. Lara, great story, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: On Today's Time Wastter. What a Day's Footy returns tonight, Snack it up on the couch?
Speaker 4: What's next? You like in front of the footy?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's about the chips. It's about the dips cheese.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which to Rito's. I go through the red packed cheese.
Speaker 2: Yeah, amazing, aren't they It's all you need? But you needed. What I do now is I have a little moist towel lets ready to you know, I save them up. Another sign you're an adult. From the takeaway, they always put moist towel lets because otherwise you get the old dusty hand. And normally my wife has been telling me off because it's been naughty boy. I wipe them behind my knees. I go, No one can see behind my knees. It turns out it leaves. Apparently my wife told me off to today. Look, come and look at this, Chris. It's clear where you say marks, he.
Speaker 3: Marks on the couch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so I've got like touring shroud knees on that couch. This is where he sat having his knees up there like a good anyway, Patsy, what's your favorite snack?
Speaker 3: What's to I'm with you, She's supreme. None, She's supreme. Torito's with the selsa. But it's got to be the mild seusa, not the spicy one.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, need to have that too much spice. I study in the National Health Institute Journal Already yesterday. It's my favorite periodical. It's measured people's neural response. That means brain's team to eating different snacks to discover the most addictive foods?
Speaker 4: What do we think chocolate at one?
Speaker 2: Almost it's a number two. What is the number one? What is the most addictive? You can't resist once.
Speaker 4: You pringles, once you pop, you can't start popcorn.
Speaker 2: You got it, You've got it. He couldn't think of another popping thing.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure checked twice.
Speaker 3: Christian it's good.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have it as number one. What's the number three? Potato chips neural science. Pizza is at number four? And then just bacon's meat. Bacon who's just eating? Which is just dangling it into their mouth?
Speaker 4: Some bacon?
Speaker 2: Bring me super tucky. The study also what wasn't done? Then the study?
Speaker 4: We got all these machines with what should we do another study?
Speaker 2: Seven? Then we got all the bags and chips, Come on, professor. The study also isolated these snacking hot spot times in adults. The most frequently reported window for snacking primetime three till five afternoon lulls. Ye, that's in terms that lovely loves anyway, get on with it. I agree, snackshot so much fun. Snack songs. What are you listening to while he's snacking?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay? On snack FM, all the pringle ladies, all the pringle ladies. That's right. When you're pringling it. Shakira is snacking up these chips, don't they.
Speaker 4: That's good gold.
Speaker 2: You've got to fight for your right sometimes to patty, Oh, nice chicken liver please, yum, oh, filling me softly with his bell tongue, with his tongue lovely, yeah, bill tongue, lovely cured dry meat and burger on the dance floor. Go zeitgeist jack, What have you got? Snacks songs?
Speaker 4: Pretzel woman walking down the street.
Speaker 2: Don't you reaching for pretzels? German food market, Vonder Barkhouse, all these pretzels, silver.
Speaker 4: Don't you forget about cheese?
Speaker 2: Just just like don't you forget about bacon.
Speaker 4: From fat Bottom twelve.
Speaker 2: That's very good. That's good gold.
Speaker 4: And would you consider noodles a snack?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, okay, well I've finished then.
Speaker 3: Oh no, you've got You've done the work, unless they're like those snacky ones in in the chip aisle, you know, those savory noodles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, snack songs.
Speaker 4: You say, hockey and be lovers.
Speaker 2: I tried to during the song, I said, end with the best one trickler. That's no Dougie and sauw.
Speaker 4: Hockey and be lovers if we can't.
Speaker 2: But there's no there's nothing newally addictive about it, all right, What have you got snack songs? Text them for seventy five O three one O four three.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Time Waster Today, we're looking for your snack songs. Jack, you're into Mark I am and send someone off to double as to Rocky Horror Shirt. Let's do it, Tim Tam in the Mirror by Michael Jackson, Silver plus. Got need to give the artist's name. Don't worry, it's too much to there. Don't worry, sh but thank you for the effort. Achy Jerky Heart Gold Yeah, Sonya and Adecon well done, Enter brand Man. No one is greech from one trial Fodder backs your Cheeto's heart instead of your cheating heart. Your Cheetos, Silver Sultanas of swing Cheese shou Thie Boye.
Speaker 4: When you have kids, you eat way more and they are juicy.
Speaker 3: And nice little boxes in their lunchbox.
Speaker 2: Gold gold just for Sultana. Shout out to them. Underrated, don't they living on a Claire Gold? Yeah, John, well done, Sweet child or mine bronze fat bond Twelves, I had that bronze.
Speaker 4: No, seriously, pay attention in class.
Speaker 2: Everyone, don't worry, be snacky Silva. So Nathan Alanis Morissette. One hand in my packet, that's high level chantel. That is very good. And Darren finally with Nutella about it by Joel tell about it.
Speaker 4: That's good God.
Speaker 2: But is it who's winning.
Speaker 4: Hand in my packet? Chantel?
Speaker 2: Not one hand in my package? That's something else.
Speaker 5: You've twisted it to the Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Sometimes when you do a bit of radio that's so bad, so bad, it gives you chills, it's great to go back and do it all over again. We were turned to the scene of a radio crime from Makeover a do Over. Why not out now out the front of the building for all great radio shenanigans happen. But Juicy Kaitlin is in position with Jack's wife's car. It has a dint in it. Some low life, some low life drove into that car and then drove off again without leaving their details. Obviously a Fox or a kiss listener if you ask me, one hundred percent fact.
Speaker 18: Now.
Speaker 2: But Juicy Kayla maintains that We're using a toilet plunger and a recently boiled kettle of hot water. She can remove DNTs. She tried this yesterday. It didn't work. She blamed a small plunger.
Speaker 4: Now it was to be fair, he was a tiny plug.
Speaker 2: It was Is that good for a clown car or something? You know?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like a mouse's plunger. Now she's gone out overnight and bought mouses.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 4: Three plunges.
Speaker 2: Are we going out? We start with the smallest one, then going to medium in line, what are we doing?
Speaker 8: I'm going with the one I'm most confident about, which is a black plunger with a green stick.
Speaker 2: Okay, because the green stick is the Gold's standard for plunges. All right, So Kate, then I'm not going to hand over to you what's happening?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 8: I'm currently putting some hot water over the car, which is the first step of this great way of getting a bump out of a car.
Speaker 4: Do you want me to give you a hand? Do you want me to pause?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Maybe that'd be great.
Speaker 8: Now I feel like it's it just kind of loosens the metal of the car.
Speaker 4: So it did nothing.
Speaker 8: Well, now that I've got a better plunger. We're hoping for something better it is now. I'm seeing that as quite a big dense.
Speaker 2: It hasn't changed overnight. This is the one yesterday that you said you could remove.
Speaker 3: Feel like he's added to it.
Speaker 8: Alrighty, I'm going to go in and just go on.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, such an action plunged one. God wed it.
Speaker 4: You've got half of it.
Speaker 2: Get in there again and you've done it.
Speaker 8: We might have to get some hot water on that side, but we genuinely got them.
Speaker 2: I heard it visible.
Speaker 4: Wow wow, get more water working. Okay, okay, are you're going to save us five hundred bucks here?
Speaker 2: This is incredible. We should get listeners to come down tomorrow.
Speaker 3: God, I spent thirty bucks on plungers.
Speaker 4: Just to do this.
Speaker 2: I know you. You look at the receipt. You'll be claiming it today.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 2: Wow, already has got that invoice the day in.
Speaker 4: Lou for going to to be fair, she's not in tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Just let me get in there, try again, get the rest of it out. So is it half gone? Half gone?
Speaker 4: Half gone?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 8: Okay okay, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is. No.
Speaker 4: I think that we got before.
Speaker 8: No, but that was the main one to be honest. I think that's just the curve of the car.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, we had this yes, true trading. Yeah, I love a car that's covering in what there was movement.
Speaker 3: We've got movement. It's moving.
Speaker 8: It's because we put so much shtrange noises.
Speaker 4: Now I'm on the pleasure. Sorry, I'm on the pleasure now.
Speaker 2: Alright, let me get it on the plunge of this weekend.
Speaker 4: Just one second, Christian, please, just I think actually that is the d There is a natural bit of.
Speaker 2: Tradees. Do they convince you of some logic?
Speaker 4: No, it's definitely it's we've got half the dent out. She's not an amazing cho.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm just putting some more. This one's a very intense kettle, so I think this heat really.
Speaker 2: They just standard they heat.
Speaker 3: This is a golden smeg kettle that we gave away.
Speaker 4: A couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: That kind of intensity.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm going to try and get the bottom one because it looks like there's a little dinned.
Speaker 2: But here we go. Oh my god, do you reckon that?
Speaker 4: I think it's.
Speaker 2: Internal woman's mound.
Speaker 4: He's done a great job.
Speaker 2: Well done. We do you know what you are reborn now as the dent magician.
Speaker 8: Thank you, anyone. I'm taking offers, I can come over and do you can't. I've got my plunger read.
Speaker 2: It is incredible, Jack, You've got to be happy with that.
Speaker 4: She's saved us a ton of money. Thank you, Caitlin. I'm actually surprised that it worked so well and we don't have to come back and do it again tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Everybody, everyone wins.
Speaker 5: Christian Connell's Show podcast