Speaker 1: Welcome to Them Christian Now Podcast. We want to talk now about tight ask parents. Diane luck At a tight ass parent. My dad wouldn't let me buy a new pair of jeans even though my only pair had a broken zipper. He ended up cutting holes and threading a shoelace to keep them close. That's going to take some beat.
Speaker 2: That is good.
Speaker 1: A chastity belt he was doing there as well. Ronnie Joyce said, tight ask parents. Dad would keep this little piece under the end, the right of the end of the soap. You know it goes down to a lord, and he would join them all together to make one soap. You went end up with this horrible, big, lumpy soap. That's from Ronnie.
Speaker 3: I guess who told me they do that? Just recently a good friend, Andy Lee Kidding takes the tiny soap and then shut of.
Speaker 2: A bottle too, is he?
Speaker 4: Wow? We know.
Speaker 1: He should ask one hundred people who else does that? Mary Anna, Dad had one of those flat toulstra phones attached to the wall with a lock so that we couldn't make phone calls during peak time.
Speaker 2: You did you? You have a Titus parent, don't you?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: My dad couldn't love a freebie. Right, So when I worked at Fox a FAM, I got a free T shirt once and I offered it to him, and he said, I don't want to go around with people knowing I love Fox AFM. But he couldn't get rid of the freebie. So he wore the T shirt but took a black marker and crossed out.
Speaker 2: The That is unbelievable. That's commitment, not even.
Speaker 3: A full blackout, just an X through it, so that people.
Speaker 2: Knew that he wasn't like that observer like a protest.
Speaker 3: It looks like a boycott.
Speaker 2: Rio. Tell us about your dad.
Speaker 5: My dad very tight as well. He like one Christmas, we really wanted a kite. All the kids like a really nice fancy kite. But instead of getting us a nice, fancy, expensive kite, he got us a plastic bag and a piece of string and tie the plastic bag to the string.
Speaker 2: That is shocking.
Speaker 5: We loved it.
Speaker 2: With that plastic bag on a windy day.
Speaker 1: We can't wait to get all right, So titles parents, let's also keep an eye on them. Which one's a dance and which ones of mums. At the moment, it's overwhelming on the dance side. That might be just us on the show Let's find.
Speaker 2: Out Christian Connell Show Podcast. Christian.
Speaker 1: My dad had the TV in a locked cupboard and they would bring it out in like Russians.
Speaker 3: What save on electricity?
Speaker 1: God? That's well, that is titles, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Christian? My mom we were who about the dance? A lot of titles? Mom behavior.
Speaker 1: My mom used to make me eat the Apple Core that's from Michael.
Speaker 2: Christy. My mum would turn the tide off.
Speaker 3: Something movie.
Speaker 2: She said water was too expensive. Emma.
Speaker 1: Driving to Queensland every year annual holiday for Melbourne, my mom and dad wouldn't buy me macas in case she quotes here, I got sick in the car.
Speaker 2: That's sad. What's they ate it?
Speaker 1: They ate maccas. But so I know you can't have any of this. You might get set. I mean you never have done. But it's a shame because it's delicious. Let's get Karen here.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Karen, Hi, Christian, how are you. I'm good, Karen. You had a good week? So tight ask parents?
Speaker 6: Yeah, my dad was a bit of a tight ass. Took us, my sister and I up to the snow one year, which was great. We saw all the other kids out going down the hill on their plastic toboggans, or the really really rich kids had jet skis. We had cheap jet.
Speaker 2: Like the snowmobiles. She got this bok care This didn't take us anywhere. I'd love to know. Actually, let me chuck into the image of that.
Speaker 7: The fancy kids had snowmobiles, the other kids had plastic toboggans, and we had industrial strengths. Plastic Dad worked in the building industry. He grabbed some sheets of heavy Judy plastic, tied a knot in the corner for our handle, and off we went. A bit rough on our bums, but it did the job.
Speaker 2: Awesome. Yeah, Karen, thank you very much. You cool mate. Have a good weekend you too, thank you. Judy. Good morning, Julie, good morning, Good morning, Judy. So tight ask parents.
Speaker 4: We had some fancy colored concrete laid in the backyard and we weren't allowed to walk on it in case we wore it out because it costs so much.
Speaker 2: Oh, don't ruin the fancy stuff, the fancy concrete.
Speaker 1: Wow, I've never ever ever heard that one.
Speaker 2: That's a new one, Judy, that is a new one. Bless them. That's incredible concrete last forever.
Speaker 4: I've never seen it war Now it's been over fifty years, it's still there.
Speaker 2: Be so Schmick.
Speaker 1: I mean it must be like the most the best you can concrete in Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Oh, you know, when you're a kid, everything costs so much, you know, and the parents just like, oh, you can't replace that.
Speaker 2: You know, cost a concrete when you're grown up.
Speaker 6: Christian Connell Show podcast