Speaker 1: Pick up with Laura and come on in.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello guys, Happy hump Day, Happy hump Happy Aria's Day. The ARIA Awards today the.
Speaker 1: Night of Night Humpy Aria's Day. I love the Arias. Are you going?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going, I'll be there after the show. I'm gonna I'm gonna put a tucks on and I'm going to run to the Arias.
Speaker 1: You're you're working right, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna be live on the red carpets. Lots of stars. I'm excited. I was looking at the least Kyler and no potentially making an appearance. Choice of you are?
Speaker 1: I mean Jessica Malboy. We had her on yesterday. She's going to be performing and she's nominated again. Do you get nervous, Mitch, or like that.
Speaker 3: A star is going to come up to you when you have to interview them and you don't know who they are, or do you just feel like you're across everyone who is everyone.
Speaker 2: In the Absolutely?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, you just smile on the wave.
Speaker 4: You go so good to see job, and then you have to play it up like you know everyone, and.
Speaker 1: Then what if they stop and say do you want to interview me? But you don't know what you like, how has it been. It's been a big year for you.
Speaker 2: Hold you on a secret. I've interviewed the Veronica's twelve times and never once have I been able to tell who is who is held.
Speaker 4: I am not going to be there, but I will be watching it on stand five o'clock.
Speaker 2: Isn't that stand at five pm? Will be excited. Might see it's in the background.
Speaker 5: I like that, do a little photobomb happy. Well, you know what, do you know what a lot of couples fight about? They fight about chores? Who does the most in the Household's why I live alone?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well, I mean it's something that comes up.
Speaker 2: That's why you live alone. Sorry, the only reason.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's something that comes up in my relationship. We seem to spicker about it all the time. But I have a new tool that is going to put it to rest finally. And you can take this to your partner the next time you're fighting about who does the most in the household?
Speaker 1: And a tool is a hammer, Yeah, it's a hammer.
Speaker 2: That's you.
Speaker 1: We go out there, don't stick around.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what it is, all right, Laura's tool coming up here at the pickup, heading to the chemists ware house today, you'll get grade savings every day.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I'm alone in this, and I'm gonna go so far as to say that I'm probably not. But one thing that my partner Matt and I, my husband, Matt and I fight about pretty often is who does the most housework.
Speaker 1: It's like the one common thread. How are you fight about, Laura. Yeah, it's not cheating, it's not lying. It's who did the most loads of washing.
Speaker 2: I'd argue that it would often be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, it used to be the balance used to be very different.
Speaker 1: It used to be more me.
Speaker 4: And now recently, because I've been here more, we've been working on the podcast more, the balance has skewed, and I would say for the majority, Matt is probably doing one hundred percent of the load at the moment. I do bits and pieces, but he thinks I do absolutely know.
Speaker 1: Oh, how the turn table, How the tables have turned?
Speaker 4: Okay, No, I mean I'm exaggerating. I still do stuff. I'll get in there, throw a load of washing on, like I make myself useful, and I also am very efficient at the house cleaning stuff.
Speaker 2: Don't pitch it to us. We're on your side, and.
Speaker 1: It doesn't take me as long.
Speaker 2: Okay, I clean, you're busy. It's everyone, God damn I clean.
Speaker 4: No, but it's really hard when you're juggling work and you're also trying to juggle a household and juggle kids, and then your partner's doing the same thing. It's this one thing that's this reoccurring fight that I think a lot of couples have.
Speaker 1: Because you need to clean, but it's like, who does it.
Speaker 4: We're all tired, we're all busy, and you're always justifying that maybe you've done more than your partner actually thinks you've done.
Speaker 1: Okay, there is a new system.
Speaker 4: There is a new tool out there that is going to help couples across the nation, and it.
Speaker 1: Is a chore calculator.
Speaker 4: We're going to go right back to when you used to put it on a fridge and write it down, except now it's an app.
Speaker 1: You can download it.
Speaker 4: You log all your hours or all the different things that you've done in the week, and so when you get to the end of the week, you can sit down on date night and say, hah see, I did more than you.
Speaker 1: You lazy got so Laura, if this is what you're doing on date night going through your chores list in an app.
Speaker 2: Somethings more seriously romance, like a calculating.
Speaker 1: Nothing screams romance like being right.
Speaker 3: The thing is with this great, great theory, Laura, I wouldn't even look at the app. I'd open it up under twenty five hours, just type it in presenter log it.
Speaker 1: And so you're lie, I lie, yeah, that's a real Jilly cows come home.
Speaker 2: What do you mean do you talk about sold? I'm kind of sold on this although I'm single, but I live with my parents, so maybe Mum and I can use this, do I do? I Is it like a percentage? You got I vacuum for ten hours.
Speaker 4: To go in and you physically log in what you've done and the hours that you've done it. So it actually like it's very good in terms of, like I mean, imagine that this is your job, because the thing is.
Speaker 1: You got to work.
Speaker 4: You log the hours that you work at work like you know exactly what you're doing. But when it comes to the unpaid domestic load, which we all know often falls on the women, not in.
Speaker 1: My household, but in most households across.
Speaker 4: The country and the statistics were, which is what I thought was really interesting. Seventy two percent of women think that they do the majority share of the household load, and only eighteen percent of men in heterosexual relationships agree. So I think there is this big mismatch. I mean, I don't think it's obvious. The numbers are right there. People, there's a big mismatch, And at least something like this gives you the proof and the pudding to show what you've actually done.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're you're gay, You're in a long term gay relationship.
Speaker 1: It's the first finding out about it, which you're gay. He just came out for me. Don't want it like an accusation.
Speaker 3: Bitch, you're gay. You're in a same sex relationship for five years?
Speaker 2: How we lived together?
Speaker 1: Who? In that case? Who did?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Do you think that this chore app would be interesting? Who did the chores interesting? He?
Speaker 2: Definitely, My ex definitely did the line's share of the chores, did all of it, all of it. But also I was paying substantially more in rent.
Speaker 1: But you don't have any kids, there's no reason for you not to be doing it.
Speaker 2: We had a lot of really fancy furniture that polishing and dusting it many times. That's that's the issue with being gay. So gays can't use this app, but it's not the same life you can.
Speaker 1: You can still use it.
Speaker 4: There's plenty of gay people who are on the app using it interesting.
Speaker 1: To fight with their partners.
Speaker 3: Talking about fighting with your partner, I have unfortunately been farting with my beautiful partner Ben, and it's not for the reason you might think.
Speaker 1: I'm going to tell you about it.
Speaker 2: After the brain right, it's on the way to pick.
Speaker 3: Up Somehow I have managed to not only not live with my partner Ben, he lives on the other side of the world, he lives in Scotland. But I'm still managing to have like pretty big arguments with him.
Speaker 1: And we've had two.
Speaker 3: This week that have been pretty They haven't ended well, but they've been completely my fault and completely irrational. Would you say that you guys are on the rocks. No, we are absolutely not in the rocks because I'm because I am self aware enough to know how ridiculous it it.
Speaker 1: It's all my funck.
Speaker 2: This is self awareness, Laura. Would you agree?
Speaker 4: I feel that this has become like a revelation after the fact I'm sure that the fights were.
Speaker 1: Completely Let me tell you.
Speaker 3: So, I'm I'm on day ten of my fertility treatment, which means day ten of hormone injections, so three times, and my fertility is so bad that I'm on extra high doses. Right, so for ten days, I've been taking double the hormone doses, three injections a day.
Speaker 1: Now, this weighs on you.
Speaker 3: Literally, it's it's like a normal hormone injection on steroids.
Speaker 1: I am crying at everything.
Speaker 3: Everything is like everything is making me angry, Like my emotions are red.
Speaker 2: On all time high. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had the most ridiculous fight with Ben.
Speaker 3: So. Ben has been unwell and he went to I made him. I was like, I've had enough of you being unwell. You know, I'm worried because obviously, in my mind, everyone's gonna die just because you got a cough. I was like, you need to go to the doctors and get an X ray. It's like, fine, I'll go. So he wakes up the next day. I wake up sorry to a message that says, hey, babe, went to the doctor's got my X ray. Just wanted to fill you in, like, just wanted to do the right thing and let you know that I did what you wanted, so you'll get off my back. Bread but really sweet, right, like, I did this for you and I just wanted you to know. I went and I said, cool, send me the X ray on the phone like a picture. And I said, send me the x ray because I have been a radiographer and I worked in X ray for thirteen.
Speaker 2: You're gonna look at it and do a diagnosis.
Speaker 1: I wanted to look at it to see what was happening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you not think that the person who he paid to take the X ray probably would do that job anyway?
Speaker 3: Yes, but it takes days to get to that person. You take an X ray and it takes days to get to a radiologist. I literally have spent over a decade all day looking at this.
Speaker 2: You got to bedroom and she's got one of those white light boxes. Happen.
Speaker 1: I can see that is still defensive.
Speaker 4: That's the thing, Like, you're still defensive by this, so you're still trying to justify.
Speaker 1: Why the anger was there. Yeah, So he goes, oh, I don't have the X ray.
Speaker 3: I was like, what do you mean you don't have the X ray? He's like, why would I have the X ray. And I was like, caause you went and got an X ray. It's your body, it's your health. And he's like, no, baby, just sells on the screen. They send it to a doctor.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't you send me the X ray? Band?
Speaker 3: You know this is my profession, you know this is my job. How do I know if you're unwell? Well, that's so crazy. Yeah, the specialist is going to look at it, babe, That's what they do.
Speaker 1: And I was like, the specialist is going to take two days. What if something happens in that two days, what's gonna happen to him? He's not dropping dead. The guy's got a saw a chair.
Speaker 2: He's a professional athlete. All of us fitness guys.
Speaker 1: I know. That's the problem we got. We go onto this huge, huge.
Speaker 3: Fight and he's the sick one, and I was so beside myself and upset that he. I actually said to him, you don't even consider me. I was like, you didn't get like in your hospital visit, you didn't consider me in this because if you did consider me, you would have sent me the X ray.
Speaker 1: I'm insane. I'm insane. We went into this huge, big fight.
Speaker 2: Is the X ray, I don't know what all that.
Speaker 1: No, this is my point.
Speaker 3: And I got so upset for like two days until he messaged me and he was like, it's all clear.
Speaker 1: I'm all, I'm fine. Did you ever worry about, like, yes, him dumping me? Just does it ever cross your mind? No? So I did say to him, this is how much of an angel he is.
Speaker 3: Two days later I did say, look, I realized that I may have crossed the line and this was more about you than me, and I apologize and I may.
Speaker 1: Managed to make it about myself. And he was like, babous. He's like it's fine. I know. He's like, I just ignore you now. And I was like, oh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's Oh, dear, all right, well are you sleeping soundly at night? It's all okay, good, thanks for us. Well, No, I was reading a new study. Actually, you'll be shocked the way the position that you sleep in every night could actually tell you a lot about your personality.
Speaker 4: Brick and Laura, mine's usually with a child's leg up in my spleen, says I'm a parent.
Speaker 2: If you're a side sleeper, very very shocking. Facts coming home tell you what it means about your psyche. Next at the pickup. We've all dated our fair share of people Britain, Laura, we've all had a little you know, adult sleepover is going. I just feel like sleeping positions are really important part of any relationship because I maybe we can all say how we sleep. I am a definite tummy sleeper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I'm a tummy slash running man sleep. Imiche, So like tummy but on that forty five degree anger with a running man leg.
Speaker 2: Well, kind of like a side sleep.
Speaker 1: No, it's not side. It's more tummy, but just with a propped leg.
Speaker 2: It's a hybrid.
Speaker 1: It's a hybrida like coastly with a four year old.
Speaker 4: So usually it's on a time a little slither of bed backside or tommy side side.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing, sleep expert. Where that he got that title front if he's.
Speaker 1: Been to Universe himself, he definitely did.
Speaker 2: Samuel Duncle has revealed that the sleeping position you choose every night actually tells you about your personality and your psyche. Yeah, so do you have? Oh sure?
Speaker 1: I love this stuff? What does Donkey say?
Speaker 2: Duncan says, sleeping on your stomach? I e me, Mitch Jerry means you are sensitive, emotional, and highly impulsive. Sleep in the stomach. Would you say that direct that that describes me, Grex.
Speaker 4: I don't think you're highly impulsive, you're sensitive.
Speaker 1: Well, hang on, that's me too. Or is there a running man? Or am I the belly?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I give you the hybrid. So if you sleep in the fetal position, which is kind.
Speaker 4: Of the running man, I sleep in the fetal position, you slept on the side, on the side like little ball.
Speaker 1: I'm not fetal, Doctor farrel very fetal.
Speaker 2: Doctor Funkel has thoughts on the fetal He says, shy, introverted, and insecure.
Speaker 1: Oh real close, he's Oh yeah, he's insecure.
Speaker 2: Not shy, all right on side with legs curled up right.
Speaker 1: God, no, but you're not shy, secure but not shy.
Speaker 3: No, it didn't go over my head. Pal insecure question mark not shy? I thought there was an.
Speaker 2: Exclamation, goes doctor duncle said anything about oily hair and eyes that one?
Speaker 1: No, So do I have any.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yours is nurturing, compassionate and caring. So he's his fake.
Speaker 1: That's cute.
Speaker 2: That is cute.
Speaker 1: I'm nurturing.
Speaker 2: I think The most interesting though, which I don't I don't agree with, is sleeping on your back. He claims, means you are the king. If you sleep on your back, you're confident, you're independent and yourself assured.
Speaker 3: No, I believe that, because that's a body language thing, right, Like if you put your if you recoil into yourself, or put your hands across yourself, it's like a protection thing. But if you're just openly on your back, palms out, it means you don't care, you got no ships to get well.
Speaker 4: If you do sleep on your back with your arms crossed, it actually means you're a vampire.
Speaker 1: So that's that's the one you didn't have on.
Speaker 3: I don't think jumping sleep experts, I don't think you did you sleep in a coffin, that makes you a vampire.
Speaker 1: You're dead And if you.
Speaker 2: Don't wake up, that means you're dead. Thanks Laura. Real sleep experts breaking stuff there. All right, let's go home, alright, bye, Hey guys,