Speaker 1: We should finish this pizza before Trevor gets here, because Jesus, he will hoover.
Speaker 2: That You've eaten about two thirds of the.
Speaker 1: He will hoover it. He'll be like, he'll be like, what's happening?
Speaker 3: Boys typically listen. I know for a fact that Paul bought this watch.
Speaker 1: What Trevor does. He's going to put this pizza on like it came up plate, chop it up with a credit card and snuffer like Nadia Bartow. He's an impression of Trevor going a subway eating a foot long sub Next.
Speaker 3: That's unbelievable. God, I come here for this? What do I come here?
Speaker 1: That's I've missed you. That's why you've g got a beautiful watch?
Speaker 3: Why do I come here? That's with things? With things, No, I think I can talk about WHI things. Nova is what it is. It's beautiful, but it's a smart watch SOG and pleasure monitoring and watch. Yeah, it's funny. I was at Abu Dhabi airport a couple of weeks ago, and I was looking because I always look at watches because I'm an idiot and have bought some. And I was like, they didn't have a Tag store. I'm a tagman, but they had an Omega store. That's I was just entertaining the dude making things. I was gonna buy a watch. I was never gonna buy one, but I looked at one and it's Fedinkham look like this, you know, metal band blue, and.
Speaker 1: I thought, what are you're going for? What were you looking at?
Speaker 3: It was? I don't know what it was, but I was just rarer.
Speaker 1: You look at that thing. Oh yeah, that would be it would be like the.
Speaker 3: For a Mega. It was something like a Sea Master or something anyway, looked like that. It was like seven grand euro And I get back open this thing from with ings and I'm like, shit, that looks like the watch I just looked at. I'm very happy with it. So you don't have to get a full touch screen that's actually smart watch, because the.
Speaker 2: Thing I hate about the Apple Watch is that it's an Apple watch and it's.
Speaker 3: Not really Everyone knows you're wearing an Apple watch. They know you're in the Apple ecosystem, and let's be real, most people don't do anything with this mart watch other than look at the time. So this is a beautiful analog watch.
Speaker 2: Or midway through a conversation fucking lifted up and read a message in front of you, which I think is the rudest fucking thing in the world.
Speaker 3: Very rude.
Speaker 1: It's like when you go out to buy a Porsche but instead you just end up with a Coopra Born.
Speaker 3: I would never go out and buy a push a buy a Coopra. Yeah, I still love that car quickly as well. Just on the Porsch thing. Did you see they announced pricing for the Tykhan.
Speaker 1: GT the most boring car ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this is the one that's oh sorry, yeah, the nevergering record time. It was I think it was something like ten dollars less than a GT three, so it was over four hundred thousand dollars, which is clinically insane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, but people are clinically insane. You see what cars are on the road. Yeah, I mean people are. But hang on, do you not like the ty caon?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, sorry, I had in my head like the bloody ev that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's a bulk cellar.
Speaker 1: That's terrible. I get it. I get the important of it. I mean, that's a car that.
Speaker 3: You don't think it will be as a lev So I'm.
Speaker 2: Hoping My understanding is they're actually going to make a normal looking version of it, because I think the one that they've shown so far is like a who pay. It haven't looked because it just looks frumpy, right and strange, and it just climbed in price like a mccahn used to start with that Foce in them Deturbot, like eighty or ninety grand. Yeah, this is starting it well over one hundred grand now because it's electric only.
Speaker 3: I was going to so that's the electric parody problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: So we've discussed before. It's still I reckon it's still at fifteen to twenty grand. The parody absolutely differential, but.
Speaker 2: It was meant to be. I remember they were all spouting by twenty twenty five that would be dead even.
Speaker 3: But if you talk to some people like I remember Luke Todd from BYD Who's you know. I like the bloke. I like him, I love his story about him.
Speaker 1: Later, yeah, I like the guy.
Speaker 3: But he would talk about I remember the Dolphin. When he was talking about the Dolphin luck a year before it coming, he goes, I've got one coming that's going to be it's going to be parody, you know. No, no, no, And I'm like, it's not it's come out at forty grand, I can get out. I can think at nine thirty for almost half that we're not at parody, We're not even clombed.
Speaker 1: But to the EV world, I think they did pretty well with that.
Speaker 3: I mean they took on the yes, but do you do you really think that thirty eight thousand dollars is good value for such a small car.
Speaker 2: And your average Australian at the moment that they are literally struggling to pay their bills and you want to go get a car that is the size of a slight larger than a Yaris or something, and you want them to pay forty grand for it.
Speaker 3: If it was thirty two to thirty five, which is not a big drop, it would sell unbelievable numbers.
Speaker 1: But look, the EV landscape is completely different when you're talking prices. I think from what they've put out for the price, I think it's pretty good.
Speaker 3: No great car. I would probably get it. I might get it. I would get it over the MG four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think MG four you had to trick it on if you line them up. The X to me was a real letdown. Yeah, I hoped so much for that, and I was like, oh, it's just a quick in a straight.
Speaker 2: Line, doesn't go very far because it has the small battery. Yeah, quick for a brief picture.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't feel the road. It was such a letdown. Can I tell you about my week getting the I got a Supra?
Speaker 2: Oh yes, like a cool provid Are.
Speaker 3: You trying to take the piece out of my cooper again?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, ah, anyway, Toyota Supra.
Speaker 1: So I got a Toyota Supra twenty twenty four, literally dressed off.
Speaker 3: I used to have one of those. Sold it. Yeah, I fucking raved about Oh this is amazing, put Japanese plates on it and everything, and then got rid of it. Unbelievable, barrassed, I think even ambassadored for the plate people.
Speaker 1: How embarrassed?
Speaker 3: Were you?
Speaker 1: Embarrassed? Japanese plates?
Speaker 3: It doesn't ever that much money and just go through cars. I don't want this one anymore.
Speaker 1: Just imagine having a Japanese style plates. Did you go to like cose of play conventions when you have that? So anyway, I had the Supra.
Speaker 3: Stop saying that and it's Coopra and Supra. All right?
Speaker 1: All got now?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: So I had this car and it's literally just come off the factory floor like it had done about eight caves.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: And they said, like the guy at the holding yard, the MSR or whatever it is, you know where they keep all these He's like, yep, he's as rough as anything.
Speaker 3: He's actually mad.
Speaker 1: He's listen, don't fuck this up, all right, Like he's a soda guy that would look at my four year old and go, you fucking give them me a lip ye, Like he's he's that guy. So anyway, he's like, don't fuck this up, like please, please, don't fuck this one up. Like I haven't fucked that many he's like, but he's like, please, look, they need it for a photo shoot. It's a proper toyo to photo shoot. It's for a World WLD campaign. Please, Like the instructions are, don't don't funk this up, no worries. Two days later, I fucked this up, so the engines that you do. The engine light came on. I drove it, That's what I did. I just drove it and the engine light came on. And by the way, I just don't think it's the smartest idea to give someone like me or anyone in this room. Really a car that's done just eight kilometers, Like you generally break these cars in properly before you hand them over, especially to job. Not that I'm pressed or anything, but like, especially if you're gonna hand it to me press people, How do you identify? What's my pronoun? I sit down for a living and talking to a stick, that's it.
Speaker 3: What do you write on your immigration form? What do you write on your immigration form? Paul?
Speaker 2: It depends. Sometimes I do journalists, sometimes I do engineers, sometimes I do entertainer. Just kidding.
Speaker 1: If you go to China, do you do you leave out journalists?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Yeah, well really no, that depends who's asking. Actually, yeah, move on.
Speaker 1: No anyway, So what happened with this?
Speaker 3: So you stopped on the side of the road here or.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, But what happened was the warning on it on the entertainment was the drive train is fucked. This is going to lose power. So generally, if it's like yeah, so when it goes into like limp mode, if you like, that's bad because it means it's trying to preserve itself. So I called them up and I'm like, this isn't good and I was planning to take it to the Blue Mountains on the weekend and rip around. I'm like, I can't do this now, I can't. Like He's like, oh, you could ignore it, but I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Definitely.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So he's like, can you bring it back and I can get you in a land cruise of three hundred nice? Am I cool?
Speaker 3: All right, that's a nice run to the mountain.
Speaker 1: It's okay. So this was the land cruiser gr and I got in and I'm like, this steering wheels a bit shiny, like it just feels very kind of used. I'm like, I thought to myself, I bet the person before me was someone like Trevorlng just fucking put bloody bits of donut everywhere and just like there'd be crumbs on the seat seeds, probably had a bit of like geers, like it was really like God, yeah, sure, so I don't know.
Speaker 3: How to escalate from donuts to there.
Speaker 1: But anyway, well let's just say, how many donuts are you? Are you like a three donut man? How many can you?
Speaker 3: Wouldn't I wouldn't go less than six, donut king, I would never.
Speaker 1: You the donut kid.
Speaker 3: I'm happy with that. Title.
Speaker 1: So I caught Paul and I was like, you never guess what I'm in. I'm in a land cruise of three hundred gr and I think it's been used. And you said, what, Gordy, I was in your I am in your car, in your old car. Well, you're in the same sort of car. And I was like, this one has just done thirty seven thousand kilometers and yours was the same.
Speaker 3: And I've got to tell you, so you had two different ones or is this the same time with.
Speaker 2: The same one. I reckon they hold it down. But I normally, like I know that people think this is a stupid discussion to be having, But normally with press cars so.
Speaker 3: Very inside baseball, but people are fascinated by many games.
Speaker 2: Look, I think most most of the time with these manufacturers, they'll sell the cars at about ten thousand k's old. And the reason they do that is you've got accelerated life. When it gets given to a new media outlet, they will do the same thing last one did, and it's just you're accelerating the degradation of the car. Some companies, and I think Toyta could even be one of them, just destroy the cars once they're done for pre production cars. So, but the strange thing here with this three hundred series, it had clearly done a lot of off writing because it had scratches all down the side, all down the other side. And I'll tell you what, this didn't feel great for thirty seven thousand.
Speaker 3: So that accelerated life thing. Do you think it's a genuine look at a land croage three hundred thirty eight thousand k's or is it a bit more like it's one hundred thousand cars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think closer to one hundred thousand. And I'm hoping that anyone that's listening to this contact at the Drivers Show dot com today, you do you want a three hundred series, Let us know what it's like to live with once you've put some k's on it. Because this thing was creaking, the suspension felt funny, there was a vibration from the engine. I think all of these things didn't happen until Gordy picked it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to say, to be honest, I didn't have those issues. There was no scratches. We probably shouldn't claim we had the same one. There's a good chance we could have had separate ones.
Speaker 2: But they both had over thirty thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, one thing that stuck out to me was I quickly realized the three hundred series in general, and this being the gr so it's up a fair bit. It's probably up about what fifty mil do you reckon than the standard? Like the suspensions different than the standard, and also it's got chunky at tires.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, I don't think it's fifty mil. I think it's only slightly higher bran.
Speaker 1: It just it just felt like it's obviously quite a big car, and it's the easiest big car I've ever driven. It's such a fucking easy drive.
Speaker 3: Really. But I do see a lot of them around town. They are the new taxi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't mind it. It was pretty good. My dad had one and probably put about seventy kilometers on it and sold it and he sold it off it. I can't really comment on it because what he did was he sold it to a company called the Night h Q, which is a company I now work for. And they're like those car giveaway.
Speaker 3: Things, you know, and don't get me started.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I won't get you started, can you please do? Because it's called money Trevor.
Speaker 3: All right, I thought you worked in Rainy. I'm so confused.
Speaker 1: Anyway, whatever, good on me, HQ. The face and the pretty face. I've replaced both.
Speaker 2: You know. When there's people standing at the desk, and then under the desk there's also people that's just Gordy a very spacious mouth.
Speaker 1: Wow, Jesus, look at you two. Me getting a bit of stuff on the side and you're rush in it eyes.
Speaker 3: Your primarily aware of this.
Speaker 1: Sold it to this company and then they gave it away. Yeah. Yeah, they modified the ship out of it and gave it away. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm interested if you do own one, let us know what it's like. And the interesting thing as well is that that platform will be or is the platform for the new Lexus Cheeks and will be the new Prato as well.
Speaker 3: You've looked at that new Prat, haven't you. Yeah, Like it's it's a very very different.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 3: Great three hundred is a really nice evolution of the land cruise, all right, but the new Prato is it's like where he has gone.
Speaker 2: It's just it's.
Speaker 1: Radical for radicals where I think it's where Lexus needed to go. Though, definitely like lex has had this kind of old man brands in.
Speaker 2: I think is still a bit sort of straight. Yes, I think this car is very because Lexus has.
Speaker 3: Always had a little bit of flare on the side. They've had a few sports cars and different things that have something very different.
Speaker 1: I've had some great sports.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely so look wise, but Toyota has been straight down the line, very consistent. And then you bring in this new Prato and it's, man, it's a strange looking thing.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it a lot, but I think for the average Prato owner, it's vastly different and therefore kind of an interesting prospect.
Speaker 2: I think the biggest issue they're going to have is it's got to carry over two point eight liter four cylinder diesel, so it's getting mild, very mild hybrid technology. But five hundred new meters on a vehicle that is going to be heavier because it's on a much bigger platform now, I think is probably going to hold them back. So they increase the towing capacity as well. So now they've gone from three to three and a half, you're going to be towing an extra five hundred kilos in a heavier car with the same engine.
Speaker 3: I just think that's really through it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, so they do have that. They are working on a hybrid. The problem they've got is though that they can't stick a V sixties in it because you're going to cannibalize three rounded series. Can't stick a V six petrol in it because you're going to cannibalize GX and globally, they don't have any other engine variance aside from the hybrid bro you can actually put in there. So the screw sick one, it'll be an interesting one and it'll be more expensive. I reckon ten to fifteen.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, it just looks like it's going to be more expensive than where Prato's are back. And I think most Prato, a lot of Prato owners, to generalize, you know, are on a cycle. They're on like a five year, six year, but everyone purchase least gone a situation and they're.
Speaker 2: Ready for the new one percent.
Speaker 3: And if it's ten grand more, yep, that's a big hit.
Speaker 2: And I know some people that have actually just gone ahead and renewed Prato now ahead of the new one coming because they don't want to change. They like y right, they don't want to have the first of something new, so they're funny those guys.
Speaker 1: My brother waited like nearly two years for his Prato. He got it last Christmas and I said to him, hold off, like there's one coming. It looks fantastic. Hold off is that? Noah, I'm done. I'm done with waiting. I said, well, put your name the way that you got fucked around, make sure your name is on the top of the list for then anyone, because it looks great. And we didn't have too many details about the engine and stuff like that back then, but I was like, it looks good and I didn't think it would be. I think it feels a bit pricey for what it is, but let's see what they.
Speaker 2: Do with it. You're buying into it's a bit like buying a Tesla, right, You're getting access to the supercharger network. I mean, when you buy a Toyota, you know that there is a dealer everywhere. So if you're going to drive regionally, something shits itself, you just go there. And I think if you're going to do a long distance drive as well around the Australia, but the map thing, you want to be doing it in a.
Speaker 3: Toy Yeah, the question without notice, Paul, where are we at with car ordered delays? Because I had this random conversation with a guy at dinner the other night. We're at like a group dinner, like ten or fifteen people, and he was talking about he'd ordered Hyundai I twenty n Ah, yes in June twenty twenty two. Whoa June twenty twenty two, And he got some contact from the deal today because he thought it was coming this month, got pushed out to April. Just in the course of three days, it's now at may or joom yeah. And I'm like, well, that doesn't any sense to me. I just feel like there's something weird there. Whether it's just going no, we'll move that guy down unlest we'll give this guy one. I don't know. Is there a bit of that goes on still.
Speaker 2: But I know that I twenty and they basically a lot of the end cars had very strange production issues. They had changes in production location, so I think they're their own separate little beast. Toyota still has problems. So around midyear they reckon they're going to be down to a three to six month wait on most of their cars unless it's a special order car. Like a lexislc or something like that. But most other brands, you're seeing it all over TV now they are advertising and advertising and advertising, and I think that is the first telltale sign that the cars is coming. Drive over the West Gate Bridge and you look at the holding yard. It is full of cars, and I think, what's happened with these car companies. They've had this period where they're just ordering as much as they can. Now the manufacturers are saying, hey, you have got thousands of cars coming, figure out how to sell them. You don't have a choice in the matter. And it's going to complicate things next year with this absolute nonsense tax, bullshit tax, because that is going to really upset the balance. And Toyota has come out and said that they will not pay fines to other car companies to buy credits. They will just pay them to the government because Tesla's business model is great.
Speaker 3: Each year they in the US.
Speaker 2: In the US, it's about two billion dollars a year that they earn as credits that other manufacturers buy from them. In Australia they're set to earn two hundred million dollars over the course of the year with other manufacturers buying credits and it was funny. In Germany, the factory that they built was actually mainly funded by Stillantis, who had to buy all these credits off. Tesla has paid for Tesla to have a new factory in Germany.
Speaker 3: So if all the car companies do what Toyota do and say we're going to pay the government instead of the other brands, do the other brands get nothing?
Speaker 2: I don't think so, because it's up to you. That's a trading market. And the issue you've got with Tesla as well. They out and said the other day they're leaving the FCAI, which is the sort of industry body that represents all oh absolutely, and they've left it because the FCAI is parroting the line that they need exemptions of certain classes vehicles and the FCAI is very much led by Toyota and so the FCAI is trying to Rebut this Tesla's doing this, and the reason they're doing it is because it was actually on the Today Show someone had fed a producer numbers and I think it was from the FCAI, where they claimed Model Y would be fifteen grand cheaper. Oh wow, Tesla cractic because like, hold on, you're advertising everywhere that a model is going to be fifteen grand cheaper because they've assumed that Tesla's going to drop the price by fifteen grand. It's like no, no, no, they'll do the pocket the fifteen grand because why would you and what they're experiencing I suspect because they never come out with statements unless it's from Musk. So the Australian manager, whoever the fuck he is, has come out with a written statement that he sent to media saying they're pulling out because they must have seen a sales decline by people going well, hold on.
Speaker 3: Because they think the price is going to fluctuate, so master Jet.
Speaker 2: And the reason that the price is going to fluctuate for people that don't understand this is the government is basically saying that if your average fleet is above a certain emissions level, we're going to hit you with a fee that you can either buy credits from other brands or get fined for.
Speaker 1: Can I just say, this whole system looking outside in feel so fucking flawed because if it's all about buying credit, or if you can get away with buying credits and doing this, the whole point of it is to meet admissions targets exactly. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: It's like environment It's like the carbon tax stuff. It's like, rather than cutting your emissions and doing good for the environment, just buy some credits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we'll find you and we'll get money for that. But oh yeah, yeah, yeah, we're doing this for emissions targets.
Speaker 2: Like longer term. The plan is to say, well, if you want to stop getting fined, you need to bring in better stuff. But therein lies the problem. Someone like Toyota, who sells.
Speaker 3: By the way I thought personally, when I looked at it first and foremost, I thought it would be okay because of the amount of hybrids they sell.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what I thought, But it's off by the amount of land cruise o Pratos land cruises and highluxes. The problem is though that there is I don't think anyone in this world wants the world to end for climate to go bad. No one wants that. So if you're out there driving around Australia telling a caravan, you don't want the world to end. But also you don't want to be driving an electric car that's going to get one hundred k's up the road and you're going to need a charge. If you're a tradee you don't have outside of that OLDV and electric uit that you can buy, So what's at a premium?
Speaker 3: And doesn't ITV?
Speaker 1: I mean, there's just.
Speaker 2: All of these problems with the equation and they keep talking about how they want to compare it to the US. The US actually has an exemption for footprints, so the bigger the vehicle, the less it is required to have alignment with the missions. And they have a lot of big VI, which is the top three best selling cars in the States, of the F series Ram and the Silverada. So I think that Australia needs to get real understand that people buy the cars they do for whatever reasons they do. Yes, you have an element of people who buy them to just stuff around him. But if you are buying it because you have no alternative, Toyota is going to pass the cost onto you. And if you're a trade that extra cost they're paying for their ute is going to go to you when they come to do something in your house.
Speaker 1: And also, where's the choice, Like it feels so fucking draconian to say you can't really buy the car you want. If you want a big car, no, no, no, do you know I'm telling me what to do? Yeah.
Speaker 2: I come from Victoria, where for two years we were told what to.
Speaker 3: Do and where to go.
Speaker 2: People are sick of it.
Speaker 1: Hey, he's paying the price now you can't get into the Portzy golf club. Cut him some slack.
Speaker 2: I caught up with Pricey the other day and I said, mate, hold up the sorry, just pick up that name.
Speaker 1: You just drunk.
Speaker 2: Do not let him in? Under any to let him in, I said, don't worry, We're not letting.
Speaker 1: Hey. You know, when you make some terrible decisions in your life, I've made a few, obviously, most of them I've asked to kindly like go through the window.
Speaker 3: For most of them you had to text them pass them to delete the video go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yes. But I just don't think think anything could quite stack up as badly as the mistake of buying an EV nine. And that's exactly what you're doing.
Speaker 3: A mistakes.
Speaker 1: Oh holy fuck me in the dick.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: I actually think is that it's a fantastic looking car. But Gordy, the guy that is wearing fucking glasses and can't actually see anything.
Speaker 3: I know. The first thing I said when I posted about it, was this is a polarizing car, no doubt, no doubt, it's polarizing, but you got it. Like my situation is this. I got three kids, the teenagers. We own a key A Carnival. It's four years old. And like I would never I didn't even think I was buying a new car this year. But I'd had the EV nine. I had the air in the earth over like two different weeks in late January maybe, And so the wife saw it in the driver. She doesn't look at press cars, doesn't drive them, won't go near them, but she'd seen it in the driver, and you know, friends with Blake with a pride come around, looked at it, and you know, people talk about the cars and driveway. And then I get a call from the dude that does my fine and it goes the Carnival's up and I went, what do you mean? Like, what do you mean up? He goes, the lease is finished? You got to pay it out or what are you going to do? I went shit, I had no idea. Get home, say to the wife, We've got to get a new Carnival. Okay, cool, cool. I go to a Keya dealer with in my head, I want to trade it in. I want to get a new Carnival. Like I'm there to fucking buy and this is the same fucking dealership that I tried to buy the carnival from originally but wouldn't give me a quote. Irrelevant. So I walk in. I go to this bike mate, I want to buy a new Carnival. Twelve month wait mate, I went on a key a Carnival. He goes, yep, I went okay, and that was it? Like, I'm like, is that it? And he goes. I said, can I get a value on mine? Like a trade in value? He goes, you know? Does He opens up a fucking website and looks through like.
Speaker 1: Carsa like a read book.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, mane, I could do this at home. And here's the thing. There's two even nines in the shows, two in the show room. He doesn't even think to say, oh, you've got a family, Like, doesn't even try to sell me a car.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So I have this conversation with Fennick on our podcast, just just ranting and raving boke emails. Me goes, mate, just say, you know, I work for such and such, happy to help you out if you do decide to go down there. No, And so I said, mate, happy to have a look at the price. Because then I got back to the wife and she goes, should we be getting a carnival or should we get that environmental thing? My life's pretty pretty forward thinking on the on the environmental front. We're recycling every fucking thing in the house. We've got bins for everything. And I went, that's basically green light from my wife by the EV nine right. So I work real hard on the numbers. I get it down to basically the same price because the carnivals are actually a pretty good trade right now. So I do it over five years and stead of four or whatever, and I get down to the same price. And mate, I've fucking I've got my deposit down on EV nine and it arrives this week, like it happened real quick.
Speaker 1: What coloen you get black? Okay, because we've got black black carnival back.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was on a boat. There may have been a phone call, mate, but yeah it was it was on us.
Speaker 1: I am no, who are you travel long?
Speaker 3: I mean someone else got a phone call that said your EV nine Earth is delayed by two months. But arrived and I'm picking it up on Thursday, and so odd I did, like I had a bit of a panic after kind of signing paperwork and stuff, being like, fuck, have I done the right thing here? And it is polarizing to look at. But I got another press car and I told her why she has to drive it because she's just went up to the park and back. And she she was she never driven, like, she hasn't driven the coop. Yeah, right, she's never driven it. So she thought it was weird and heavy, but it was fine. And then I got one a couple of weeks ago to drive for the last time to my mum's place, which is a six hour drive, right, So I thought, I've got my got family in the country, and you charge that up and you took for I had a great bin. I had a great drive. I loved it on the windy bits, on the stretches, every it was just great. So I went, I'm really happy this is the car made. It's a great car. It really is. It's expensive.
Speaker 1: Here's it.
Speaker 3: Look, it's a great car.
Speaker 1: It is. It is really pulverizing, right to look at your right to me, I was like, that is I and this isn't Adyss with ka. I fucking love Key. I had a stinger. I love Keay is great, I love it care But it was just I looked at this and I thought, not a great looking car. But my main thing was, it's such a specific audience that would buy this one an EV A big evn is it seven seats seven seat EV roughly one hundred and ten thousand dollars. Not a cheap car. So you're rolling around in quite a luxurious beat. It's a business along it is. But John Support, I thought to myself, there's such a specific audience with this and you are that.
Speaker 3: No, I don't expect they're going to sell in huge numbers, but I don't think they do either. I think this is a this is a flagship vehicle for them. It's a vehicle that's like, let's be real, this is the biggest electric car you can buy in Australia. And if I was in America, I'd be buying a Rivian like I'd be buying something like that because I think it's awesome to have that. It comes good too. It's little for my liking. But see, in a look sense, I still think the model, why is the fucking ugliest car on the road today, and if I see another fucking white one, like it's just everywhere right, and it's you know, it's worse. Now, this is the the worst thing about having a car that changes. It's going to look even worse when they bring out the update later this year because it's not the new test. Model three looks fucking beautiful compared to the old one. Imagine how good the Why is going to look at all these thousands of people have got the Model Why.
Speaker 1: It's fun. I got to say that, No wonder people wrap those, you know, they come in such a limited amount.
Speaker 3: It is weird how many people do that, isn't it. I've got one near us. It's like a rainbow, you know, that oil slick style that looks different in tears.
Speaker 2: Model three. Well, I was actually going to say, I like the EV night and we were just discussing off air that I thought the GT line was just a bit much. The fucking digital mirrors.
Speaker 3: I cannot stand driving a Genesis with them now, and it's like, why can't they just put the screens yes up where you would normally look at a mirror.
Speaker 1: Did you have you got remotely in use to those because I found by the end of it, I was like, I get it. They kind of like the mirrors do. Tech wise, they do some pretty incredible more and all that.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 1: I get it too, right, But I still, honestly for a.
Speaker 2: Mirror, it doesn't I don't think.
Speaker 3: No. But I don't think it's anything wrong with the technology. I think it's the placement of the little screens out is the same when you look out the windows, like I shouldn't be able to see the fucking camera. I should exactly put the screen up there so it's covering it, just a little bit of the windows.
Speaker 1: No sense, right, the fact that you can see the camera.
Speaker 2: They've done it like, oh, we don't want to block the camera.
Speaker 3: It's like put the screen up. But I don't like audio. I don't like digital review mirrors either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what they come in handy if you've got a seven seater because you can see through seven seats, or a car that has a tiny fucking rear window.
Speaker 1: Those big black cars. If you get transported to the airport in you know the Yeah, but you're.
Speaker 3: Young and healthy, your eyes are good. So actually I don't think that because I wear glasses for reading. I actually don't think I can focus properly on the digital review mirror when when you look at the mirror weirdly you are focusing in the distance.
Speaker 2: That's yeah.
Speaker 3: But when the mirror is here and it's a screen.
Speaker 2: That you're focusing on, that I don't think as well. But my issue with those digital side mirrors is perspective because if you're parking up like where I do, up against a wall, I use my head to move around to get different angles on the mirror. When you do that on a digital side mirror angles it doesn't move at all.
Speaker 3: Now you think, aren't they a little bit more kind of wide angle? Isn't there a bit more?
Speaker 2: You just yeah, in low light especially, you just don't know what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, low light is bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Evan on one's great, And so do you think I've been here? Do you think, like, seriously, the one you've gone for is the best, because to me, the top speck was just a bit much.
Speaker 3: It doesn't have much range from the air, just doesn't have enough range for me.
Speaker 2: Where you've landed is perfect. And the ride's better as well, like it is actually quite nice.
Speaker 3: And the fact that it doesn't have a while to have a car play is the most disgraceful thing in history given in the US, it does, but you know.
Speaker 2: What the fuck's going from? That will be a software update. Well, we just tested the ConA Electric. It actually came and it's got the same same yaement system versions and stuff. It actually came with a software update that added wireless car play while we had the car.
Speaker 1: They're starting shit, really, yeah, are starting to roll over? Really, I think we're the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, entertainment system firmware supports it. It's just sorry the hardware supports of the firm where they need right day. Yes, So I think it's I think it's a good choice. A question just on the podcast as well. Your new podcast, tell us first the name of it. So when anyone with.
Speaker 3: Two bugs talking electric cars really really vague thinking. But we've been doing two bugs talking text Stephen Fennick and I for thirteen years, and so when we're going to do EV's because he's got one, I've got one. We talk about him all the time. We know as well, Bens right, he's in the eque. He owned a model S for Yes for five years and then they stopped making them. Here for left right, hand right, So he just went fuck you and brought the Mercedes. I've got the Cooper and so we started that. So yeah, it's just yeah, it's just we're trying to go to the lowest common denomina in terms of it's not for it's not really for EV owner. It's for people that want to know more, want to learn more, want to understand more. You know, you can kind of jump in and hear stuff.
Speaker 1: That's a smart idea because I think that's this is now the time to do it. People are starting to really like prick their heads out.
Speaker 3: I don't think we're late. I think we're I think we're at the right point. I think it's a tipping point for people to go. I know, I like we talked last week to a bloke from the Strata Committee strata owners about EV's ownership. He had a really like positive take on EV's and fire safety. I'm like, okay, so that was interesting. So now I'm going to get fire department on and go, what can you tell me your side of the story, because I think it's important to hear the whole argument about stuff. Plus, I like Phoenix doesn't leave the city. It was barely drives over the fucking bridge to come to my studio to do the show. But I leave the city. I've done a lot of driving and charging. I took the ford E Transit van to my mum's at Walker. It was the fucking hardest thing I've ever done because on highway it's the least efficient highway drive and ev I've ever seen. It's so thirty per hundred and man fuck, I was so nervous about making it there. And I was at scone at the one ny fifty killer what charger and I had to go to one hundred. I had to go to at least ninety two to get enough range to get to Tamworth. Poor bloke in a BYD turns up well five minutes and I'm like, mate, I'm going to be here in chat for a fuckingn hour. Buddy good one was.
Speaker 2: Half of it sticking out as well, because it's got the charging thing at the front.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 2: Now that's the other thing I didn't get. It's like it's a big workman. And then if you go to like a shopping center car park, you're blocking half the rock because the thing is sticking in there. But one topic, actually two topics. We rolled out electric vehicle charging in our old building. I was the OC manager there and it was expensive, and funnily enough, one of the guys that was fucking jumping up and down about this constantly while we were getting a consultant to work on the plans and everything didn't end up fucking getting it, even though he bought a Tesla and didn't think about charging until he got at home. We spent a year installing all this stuff and he didn't end up putting it in because he thought it was too expensive. And he goes, oh, that's too much, I can get it installed for this, I said, hold on, fucking listen to me. I'm not.
Speaker 1: I don't need an actrician.
Speaker 2: To come and plug it up for you. We have a load manager so that when it gets to summer and there's fucking fifty people trying to charge their cars, that it can load. Shehad, So we actually have electricity, yes, and we don't need you the selfish guy who wants to just plug up through your killer one. Meagine if there's fifty of you selfish guys, we wouldn't have any electricity. So it's it's those types of people who are tight asses that don't want to then spend because it is more expensive than doing it at home.
Speaker 3: You can't just put two grand war box on. You've got to do like you'd be that guy. Is that what we're saying?
Speaker 1: Yeah, i'd be that guy. No, it's a fair point, like if he doesn't really want to say the difference is the plug in sort of mount that you've got to get. Say, he's got to spend like four grand. I don't know too much about the setup, but say he's going to spend four grand as opposed to what do you have to pay this strata people?
Speaker 2: Look, I'll find the number, but it was it was not four grand. It was like, let's call it eighteen hundred bucks. And he thought he could get it for five hundred.
Speaker 1: So he's being a third of ye.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we talked again, befo all we came on here about the kind of community that is ev owners, especially on Facebook, and I had to leave a couple of Facebook groups because I saw too many people sending links to like Alley Express and all this to buy fucking charges and shits, And I'm thinking that is not author that is not regulated in Australia. That's The ship that's going to bring this whole industry down is dodgy chargers. And the problem is not enough cars come with cables. Isn't it weird that you buy an evop Cooper came with the public charging style, you know, Type two to Type two were not a home granny charger. The key, I think comes with a granny charger, which I think all cars should come with, plug it in at home into a PowerPoint. But you get people who buy a you know, a charger at home. I don't want to say war Box because that's a brand. That's what I've got. The awesome They buy charger, they get installed at home, and it doesn't have a cable on it, So you buy then a cable. Now, the problem is if they buy a cheap shit cable that isn't rated for the for the power they're outputting, that is going to be the weak link in the chain. It's not the car that catchers fight. It's barely the electricity in the home. It's the charger or the fucking cable.
Speaker 1: And by the way, you tell someone who's pretty sort of set in their ways and an ev is a big thing for them, like I look at my old man, and he was like talking about getting a Model three. At one point I was like, Eh, don't do it, don't do it, don't do it. But I guarantee he'd be this sort of person that'd be like, ah, look, I'll just fucking go on the internet without telling anyone buy something off Amazon.
Speaker 3: You spent like sixty grand on a car, and then you go on that like I say, I paid eighteen hundred bucks for my war box. I think you get him a bit cheaper. But my mine's got a Wi Fi and all that kind of cool control, and I know I could have got something. I think Tesla had him for like seven fifty or something. Right, that's the minimum I spend. If you're spending lesson the Tesla charger, what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 2: And is it doing it? It's like and you know the other thing as well, that a topic for you your podcast, which I'm about to come up to now, is what happens at the end of a novate at least because our model, why we got that ovated least to take advantage of the FBT exemption. Right, my two years is coming up in August, and I've got the balloon payment of forty three grand. Currently the cars are listed second hand trade money for about fifty five. So at the moment, great, But what's going to happen year three when you've got everyone who went for a three year at least instead of a two and the resale values of these teslas are crashing at the moment.
Speaker 3: The international stuff for because so many were born and a lot were.
Speaker 2: Used for Uber for all this sort of stuff, so they're all just ditching them.
Speaker 1: The battery, spe degeneration and all that.
Speaker 2: And also on top of that, you've got when you take advantage of the FBT exemption, you've already saved X thousand dollars. You haven't paid GST upfront either, so you're going to dump it for whatever the balloon is. And the balloon is less than market value. So you're going to see in at the two year mark, which I'm at in August, and at the three year mark the following year, which is when they first dropped Model Y, you're going to see the prices of these drops. So I'd be curious to know for anyone else that's in that situation what they're doing, whether they just trade it in for another one and keep the cycle going, and if they do what happens with the second hand one? Do they just list it for a cheap amount and then you bring the price of everyone who didn't get the FBT except Novade at least set up.
Speaker 3: So do you when the government regulation thing to him it earlier came on about a month or two ago, Hadley rang me and want to be on here to talk to try and explain it to people, right yep, in Layman's terms. And he's pretty relaxed with me and doesn't try and push things too hard. So I was I had him on board broadly the ev train, right, which is a big milestone, and he was like, yes, but what about the battery? So now I want to ask you this because I thought about it. I thought, in five years from now, you're going to go to car sales, you're going to look at cars, and right now you look at a Keyer Carnival twenty twenty model and it's got one hundred thousand k's or forty thousand k's or you know, that's pretty much your measure of the difference. Do you think we'll get to a point where you list a car with battery health? Yeah, battery health like maximum range.
Speaker 1: People already go into marketplace or something, people already take photos of, say if they're selling a Tesla, they'll already take photos of the battery health stuff on the screen because I think that's the measure uptop as well.
Speaker 3: You know they'll do that because surely the measure of one Tesla's value, one electric cars value versus another one of the exact same age and condition is how good is the battery? So essentially what is the remaining range? Because that that's going to be the big difference between two cars, isn't it.
Speaker 2: And that's going to be an industry as well. We met this company at where was it, I think it was at the Munich Motor Show, and they were a startup Silicon Valley startup and they basically were selling this technology to car companies to be able to do remote field diagnoses of their vehicles batteries, but very in depth. I think that is going to be the next big industry where you can get an OBD port or an app or something that will allow you to diagnose a battery and test sell integrity so that when you sell a car you can have a certified.
Speaker 3: Like the old days, you get there to come along and.
Speaker 1: Do a check of a car, say like diale and kind of like sheet system like the old days when they'd like wine their.
Speaker 2: But I would want that because there is a big difference between a car that is constantly DC fast charged and a car that is slow charged. Yes, and there's also a difference between a sort of a typical lithium ion battery and an LFP battery.
Speaker 3: So someone who bothered to put the eighty percent limit on who didn't and all those kind of things. If I was someone who had really good financial backing on my website, I'd be launching like an EV car sales, you know, with a different name obviously because you didn't want legal weathers, but no genuine on being shape raise it with our boards because I think that I think we've got trading post style marketplaces happen now. But that's old school, right. The new school is going to be a people just searching for an EV especially with the flood of cars that are going to hit the marketers you've identified and make it for the buyer. So you can't list your car unless you've shown evidence of its current range at eighty or one hundred percent. You know, those kind of things, so that you really showing the value of the core technology of the car, not the fact that it's shiny and you've looked after the seats. What is the drive train of this car?
Speaker 2: Exactly? Yeah, it's it's really fascinating and I think I just tested the toy at to BZ four X.
Speaker 3: What the fuck is with that name? It's it is a stupid name.
Speaker 1: It's like it's been named after one of Elon Musk's kids.
Speaker 2: That's right, the one is actually funny from you very good, But yeah, that that car is I think a car that's misunderstood by a lot of people. A lot of people are complaining about how shit is it is as an EV and that sort of stuff. But to me, that is a car that if you drive a camera right now, you can go drive that and it's the same. It's got buttons for everything. Everything is foreign and weird. There's no weird shit you have to do. It just drives.
Speaker 3: That's the EV owner hatred thing. It's like Tesla owners who are like, what do you need buttons for?
Speaker 1: Mate?
Speaker 3: I love reaching, Like in the EV nine, I know that there's within my reach. There's a little toggle that I go up for warmer, down for cool, like I just want that.
Speaker 1: People same movements to your wife.
Speaker 3: Some people after Like you get in a Toyota, you want it to be Toyota. Let's be real. Toyota owners are Toyota owners. They're so unlikely to buy something else. We've talked I think I've talked about you guys before. They are so unlikely to buy from a Corolla to an I thirty, despite the fact that they're better cars. Probably it's a toy If they want to be an ev that's probably the car to gain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I reckon they will actually sold quite a few of them, so I'll be carefus see how it goes. I'll tell you what. The fucking air conditioner was amazing. We had three hot days in Melbourne and every EV I get into the air conditioner leaves you sweating, not sweating, but just not super comfortable, right, especially a Tesla with a fucking glass roof.
Speaker 1: Like itating I saw you bring something like that up before I'm finally someone gets it, those glass.
Speaker 2: Thing I was freezing and it was like forty degrees outside. The air conditioning is like straight out of a highlux It is fantastic.
Speaker 3: What's your number?
Speaker 2: Well, in a normal car, it's twenty two. In this it was twenty three. Because it was at twenty two, I was actually getting.
Speaker 3: Like twenty three. Got a bit of a chowed.
Speaker 1: People walk into my studio and it's literally a fridge, like I keep that at naxt Yeah, unlike this was like a bloody Croatian sauna.
Speaker 3: That's because they turn the air conditioning off in this building.
Speaker 1: Do you know what? I noticed that there is actually an air cord something. I was just really not fun doing recycling from the fan of the hard drive. But yeah, my studio, I keep it like nineteen degrees. Like you walk in there, it is a proper fridge. Everyone's like, how can you be in here for six hours? This is this is how it's got to be your.
Speaker 3: Way of deterring people from coming in, as it tells.
Speaker 1: Me fresh like a piece of old food.
Speaker 2: Speaking which.
Speaker 3: Hanging in the window like a Christmas.
Speaker 1: Fat on this slice of pizza, would you, Trevor, I need it warmed up.
Speaker 3: It won't be warm, won't be sloppy, that's for sure. Does anyone listen to this?
Speaker 1: This is a cheesy crust.
Speaker 3: Had a sponsor.
Speaker 1: By the way, how's your manscape going? Have you used that?
Speaker 2: So we had a Kadogan on the show again and.
Speaker 3: Did you hammer him for the manscape stuff.
Speaker 2: We gifted him the last time and he returned the favor and gifted us some manscaping products. So, desk at work, I have balled the.
Speaker 1: Odorant, pulls up, pulls on the ball the odorant.
Speaker 3: Is that a real thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That man has worked out how to nail a YouTube clickbait.
Speaker 2: But it's it's he actually said he knows his audience. That's why he has beat roll of women frolicking around.
Speaker 3: He knows just hit the hit the hit the ev stuff. He knows they hate it, so bring it on. He is really just what are you doing? I don't want to pull them out? What are you doing, Gordie? That's disgusting. Now he's getting his camera, he's going to take photos of it. Can you this bloke, this fokes is in professional radio? Mate? But how will he edit this out or is this staying in the show. I don't think he will. I'm going to tell you right now, Paul, I don't think he's going to edit this out. All right, Ladies and gentlemen, can you just secretly DM, because Paul, sorry Gord, he probably won't even listen to the show top and tail it and send it out. So secretly DM, Paul Marrick travelong and let us know that he let this left this rubbish in.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: It also helps us understand you're listening, because otherwise I'm not even sure these bokes have listeners. And I don't know. I don't know why you do it.
Speaker 2: I don't think we do it.
Speaker 3: Honest, he mentioned, do you have a sponsor? Or?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: God? No?
Speaker 3: Okay, well you got to work with your money on this. Ah see, that's the problem. And that's what that's where Finnick and I had a problem. We started the private feed, which just us talking shit and swearing and everything. And I would never try and attach a sponsor that because I don't want someone saying you can do something right. But I would never launch a podcast without a sponsor.
Speaker 2: Such a thing. It's you do it for the love pretty much. I mean, if this if we had to hire the studio and everything makes sense, but you know, it is what it is. So where do you have a studio set up at work?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So in the e FGM office upstairs. I've now pretty gomd it's got much got three zone so desks, desk for me to work at, and I record the FtM podcast just at my desk, and then the lounge room, which is the Today Show backdrop, and then the corner is like this, it's an acoustic area and with three cameras for video podcasting. Yeah, because may we do it? Thirteen years we never did video because I didn't want to fucking edit it. But then AI editing came along and I could just drop three tracks in that actually boom, Yeah mate, So I dropped three tracks my camera, Steven's camera too shot and then the audio sync it up and then just go top and tail and then click a button and on a good Mac one and a half minutes later, a one hour show. He's edited multiicam, so when I'm talking, it's on me, when he's talking, it's on me on him. It's brilliant. So yeah, like I would never plug in or it's plug in for w premiere. Thanks for joining us. I want to shave them.
Speaker 1: Why get him out? This is by the way, this is yours. I Ne've already got one, but you get another.
Speaker 3: One can I can? I just tell you? Really, I want to cry right now. I broke Look, I broke mine. Oh so I didn't want to rage. Actually it was just the closest thing on my desk and I threw it. You're not going to I'm absolutely not gonna.
Speaker 1: Lost because your wife said no to the right.
Speaker 3: You don't want to know how close to the true that story is. But it's funny because it's still sitting on my desk. But I've put it together again because my daughter's like, why have you got a broken cup? I'm like, because I feel really bad that I broke. This is the nicest bumper stickers you know where I'm going to put that? Not on my bumper.
Speaker 1: You're not going to put it on the on the board.
Speaker 3: No, really no, that's not going to have to love them on there if you want. No, probably not. Actually no, sorry, I just realized, oh no, I could cut it this. It's just Paul.
Speaker 1: Do you know what? Do you know what? I actually Paul?
Speaker 3: It actually works if he ever needed to, it just works fine. Paul Will probably could probably phototo both the Gordy.
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 1: Paul sent me a challenge right before you got in here was to stick one of those on your coopra born and I've just got out to do that. And now I realized a friend of fucking Genesis GB sixty, So I stuck on it. Anyway. The people, yeah, they love me, they do. They genuinely listen to this podcast.
Speaker 3: Bill Henikey. Sorry about the sticker, and is it Pete in the garage? I'll pull the sticker off. No, don't they love it. Actually, they were hitting me up for merch. I've you should put some in the car. Yeah, I'll get them. I'll give them some merch too. You know what you meant to do with merch? You meant to sell it.
Speaker 1: You know we got we wanted to give it to people, and then I realized it's actually bloody expensive.
Speaker 3: It's really hard to send it.
Speaker 1: It's actually really expensive to send it to Pete.
Speaker 3: That's why I gave you boke umbrellas that time, because it's possible to sell it.
Speaker 1: That's on my postal by the way, just on that. It is genuinely on my to do list this week. Can guaranteed it's getting sent out, so ho, So.
Speaker 3: It is people?
Speaker 1: Actually will I think we should eventually sell stuff, but we'll get to it this We've got.
Speaker 2: SI just come for seventy nine to ninety five plus eighty six dollars.
Speaker 1: It's so bloody expensive to post ship, but I've got a one on it. So it's going to be done, and it will be done this weekend.
Speaker 3: A one year old promise. It feels like it's a really long it took.
Speaker 1: It took a while for the for the great people of Machines plus to get as the merge. They were moving factories. Anyway, great people, It's next on the list, Apple and Tesla.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so again we should stop discussing stuff off fair, but we were discussing off air about.
Speaker 3: Well if you had stopped eating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's yeah, Gordy eating when I was.
Speaker 1: Jesus.
Speaker 2: So I read in the Afar this morning that Apple and Tesla's share prices have taken a hit after they announce basically their results in China, both respectively getting boned by Chinese public and Chinese government making certain requests of citizens to switch phones.
Speaker 3: And Chinese citizens follow their requests too pretty strictly.
Speaker 2: So I'll get to Tesla in a second. Tell me with phones, so I use an iPhone have used one for ages, used an Android for a little while, didn't love it.
Speaker 1: And the Google phones are great phones. The Google Androids are fantastic phone off.
Speaker 2: The pigure just Google right. So now what's happening in China is they've been told, certainly for governments, that you can't have iPhones. And there was a quote from one person who didn't want to be sort of directly named, that said, basically, they came to the office and said, you've got two weeks to get rid of your iPhones. You're switching to Huawei's. Two weeks later, they came with a box and anyone that hadn't gotten rid of their iPhones was asked to put it in the box. Now getting twenty percent off. So they're all excited because it's a anyway, the huai Wi they're getting is like some high end new thing with some fancy chipset. Yeah, it'll Ironically, they were a lot of the people that were quoted in this story were concerned about Apple's spywere.
Speaker 3: Like, we if you think about the propaganda that exists in Australia over China and Huawei, and for full clarity, I have no problem with Huawei. There's no evidence they have done anything, so I think a lot of it is propaganda.
Speaker 1: But anyway, so on that, I always wanted that myself.
Speaker 3: Huawei, we're not allowed to build the five gene networks. Who do you think built the four G networks for Optus and vertef fucking we're still using. Well, if they wanted to spy, they would have been fucking spying already.
Speaker 2: And that's my Other points to that as well is that you can open up it Huawei phone, take every single bit apart and examine it to see if it has anything. It would have been easy to do by now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'm all for if you want to fucking spy on me, if you want to put the camera on while I'm having a Wang.
Speaker 3: Do it, because good luck to you.
Speaker 1: Can I can just imagine some guy in like China as they they're just there at the port.
Speaker 3: So Huawei is just one, right, You've got Popo gell me there are so I'm just ignoring him. Stop there so many phone brands InChI I think it's bordering on. No, it's not even bordering on is it that? You're right? It is Gordy by the way, everyone that's Gordy declaration Kiss FM, What I mean, have you lost interest in what Paul was asking?
Speaker 2: I don't know what you were on about anyway, continued trip.
Speaker 3: You know, there's so many phones over I have no Seriously, I have no doubt that they would push that because they want their industry to boom, and Huawei has no presence outside of China. They've got a sub brand called Honor, which does do pretty well in the US, Weirdley and Europe. But mate, those companies are so big that they can churn out enough phones for everyone there, right. So look, Apple is seen by Chinese in the same way as the scene here. It's this prestige thing, It's this better thing to have. But the fact is that you can do better than Apple with just a five hundred bucks. You don't really need to buy an iPhone, Paul. You could just get used to her bloody a cheap Android phone. Generally. Belief stuff this phone here that I'm using right now throughout five hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 1: About the camera stuff.
Speaker 3: I mean, I took a bunch of photos of my son's baseball on the weekend. It was great. I mean, I don't have any issues with it.
Speaker 2: Like I think it's it's more just with the rest of mine.
Speaker 1: Those photos away. I don't want to see one. Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: We actually ironically look at that.
Speaker 3: Have you seen that vehicle?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I've heard of me. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, So this is a phone company or a tech company in China making a fucking electric hire.
Speaker 2: The designer from that designer from.
Speaker 3: It's like, it's a beautiful looking car.
Speaker 1: That's a nice looking car.
Speaker 3: But see, that's what's happening in China. I was in Shanghai and I was blown away by the number of ev companies that I'd never heard of, Axion or something and all these different things. They've got a ship ton of cars.
Speaker 2: Chris Banglereo he's helping them now with car design. But that's the exciting thing for me with China. They have such a booming industry of electric cars and this technology. And ironically, the only people, as far as I'm aware recently that have spied on anyone with the phone was the Australian government when they set up all the criminals, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and wasn't it wasn't there a drama with Yeah, wasn't there done with Tether employees looking at dash cam or internal car footage or something.
Speaker 2: And that's actually a really valid point, and that's Tesla's problem in China at the moment. The Chinese government won't allow any Tesla vehicles at government sites because they're concerned that it might be transmitting video data. And to be honest, I can open my app and look at the camera on my car and see what it's doing. But so cain Tesla. And that's what employees were busted doing, sharing videos of their customers doing shit in an internal group that they had. And you can just imagine how further that could go if you.
Speaker 3: That is far worse. That is far worse than anything Wi was accused of doing, actually at all?
Speaker 1: Will we I feel like we brought up a story about some guy who was having issues with his Tesla and perhaps an ex Tesla employee managed.
Speaker 2: To got his model y and there was a bloke that follows us on Facebook that is what works for Tesla, might presume. And anyway, he looked up the vin via the regio that old boys had posted on Instagram about his Spotify or whatever not working, and this guy was sent to DM and goes, I fixed it for you. He's like, what do you mean? He goes, I logged into the car and reset the thing for you, and he's I didn't ask you to do any of that's so thank you.
Speaker 3: But this poor guy's kind of thought done elbows a favor and he's just poke.
Speaker 2: That guy would know where I live because it will show you where the cars parked.
Speaker 1: He might be able to, like he would be able to watch our boys drive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I mean that that does consider YouTube.
Speaker 1: But do you know what I mean? Kids do something in the back unbelievable wild.
Speaker 2: But anyway, they're now seeing Tesla's had twenty percent taken off a share price of a recent They're struggling big time in China. They're discounting. They're having to fast track these facelifts, which they said they would never do. But as it turns out, if you look at all the new model threes on the road, there are so many of them.
Speaker 3: Yes, I saw three on the way here in a twenty minute.
Speaker 1: New ones do look good.
Speaker 2: It's all old owners and I have castles alerts set up for a Model three. There is like fifty a day churning through there. It's all people upgrading to the new one. When there isn't really that big of a difference.
Speaker 1: If you don't care, I mean, why not, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get People just want the newest thing, even though it is really not that different.
Speaker 3: They want the new BMW three series. In the year two thousand and I moved. That was in Perth. I moved to Sydney in two thousand and one. I was a year old and they changed the tough front light on mine was like an orange, the indicator of orange and it pointed down. And on the new one it was white and it pointed up, and the tail light was the blinker was white and stead of orange. And I fucking traded it in and lost. I lost stupid money as a kid, basically and went, well, I've done this for a facelift. People do that.
Speaker 1: That's how they get you.
Speaker 2: No one wants to be in.
Speaker 3: The exactly you don't want to be in the old model.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine a young Trevor Long just cruising around in a VMW three series good times, Yeah, heady das driving around the driving down.
Speaker 3: Across the streets of Perth, the tool Shed, Central.
Speaker 1: Coast, Golden Mile, Senni Coast. I used to live on the central coast.
Speaker 3: Are living on the peninsula? Mate? Head along?
Speaker 1: Well, Jesus, Okay, it's awkward.
Speaker 3: Not really, because I don't really care. Good times, good times where garbage people live. Frankston like Frankston of Victoria.
Speaker 2: Oh so Gordy now has the Chinese and garbage people after him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he's got a lot of people after him. That's why that security goes out there.
Speaker 1: Is actually enjoyed. Take a ticket and wait in line. There's a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Do you look over your shoulder a lot?
Speaker 1: Can you? That's You're very weird tonight.
Speaker 3: I worry about you.
Speaker 1: I'm worrying about your going. I saw you eat that pizza. You literally put it between two sizes of bread and ate it like a sandwich.
Speaker 3: That's going.
Speaker 1: I know I took down the recipe.
Speaker 2: I did sneak a piece in while you're outside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that cheesy crust. I haven't had one of those. Jesus, it's not bad.
Speaker 2: Good for Domino.
Speaker 3: Dominos a sponsor of the show.
Speaker 1: They should they should be. We should get a sponsor. Can you imagine we could get like e f T there you go, send me a proper and you imagined made a money by the look of it. Can you imagine me doing live reieson for Trevor.
Speaker 2: E?
Speaker 3: M T.
Speaker 1: What's it called? Anyway, if you want technological advice, don't send me a proper Do you see that?
Speaker 3: Good people at is doing very well?
Speaker 1: He is doing great.
Speaker 2: He is, he's he's certainly latched onto the electric car hitting situations.
Speaker 3: Have great respect for his use of the algorithm. It's brilliant.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what, if ever I need a torch or like a device to shave my balls, he's your man.
Speaker 3: Any machine machine work done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fucking he fucking has it all. He's that maybe you kind of want like.
Speaker 3: You're putting you can you weld this together for me?
Speaker 1: He's like, yeah, sure, Yeah, you're fucking it up, you're doing it wrong. I'll do it and then he'll tell you how much of a dickhead you are for forty five minutes, and then you'll probably have a couple of beers with you.
Speaker 3: That sounds like pretty much my every day. Someone's calling me every day, So that's fine. Today it's you, Gordy.
Speaker 1: We should I'm happy to do some fake business if you want some bloody live reads.
Speaker 2: We'll do it.
Speaker 1: We'll do it for free.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think I want them. No, send me your audience figures and I'll have a look at with my tim.
Speaker 1: They're probably tremble of whatever that ev thing. What's it called to cars and eating it? What's it called? Two blokes and cars?
Speaker 3: Two blokes talking electric cars?
Speaker 1: Have you had any guests on? I mean like owners.
Speaker 3: We just we've had a few owners owners and we had a bloke from the Strata Corp. Yeah, we've got a few people coming on, a few people coming on. Actually, anyoneus feel like this is winding up from Yeah, which is I could see to me that he's in radio.
Speaker 1: Yes, why how dare you just the way this works? What do you mean?
Speaker 2: I'm sure there is structure to his day thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe that's it. Maybe this structure in the rest of his day and he likes this just to be this weirdly fluid ad hoc thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just get in and do our ship. Who cares. We don't need to belove.
Speaker 3: I'm not play another song.
Speaker 1: I don't have to fucking talk about justin Bieber. It's good.
Speaker 3: Just play another song.
Speaker 1: Just play another song.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: Hours.
Speaker 1: Yes, fucking hell, never listened five and a half long?
Speaker 2: How many of that would you actually be talking?
Speaker 3: Have you ever done that?
Speaker 1: Fine?
Speaker 3: How many? What's the total cumulative minutes of you talking?
Speaker 1: Like twenty seven as not? No, it's not so much. It's not long, Like you probably talk for about ninety seconds each time, So let's say about ten fifteen minutes an hour. You research, You've got to have like, you've got to have it down. We can't just do this shit right here, you know what I mean? Actually, do you know what I did today? I played a woman who was in a like a Cole's car park fighting into a pipe?
Speaker 2: What was that?
Speaker 1: Actually a thing? I played it on air?
Speaker 2: How did you find it? It was on?
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, it's definitely TikTok.
Speaker 1: He's on a different what I was like, I was talking about the I was talking about the Ken sorry, the Barbie movie like Ryan Gosling was singing at the Oscars like the Ken song. And I said something along the lines of oda they should have done like a Barbie crossover with Openheimer about a smart, young independent woman who makes an ex explosive device. And then I just cut to this woman on TikTok going. I'm in the Coles car park. I'm going to fight in a pipe. That's that's what I write on the census under employment full time dickhead. Thanks for listening everyone. I think that's our go. I think we're going to rack.
Speaker 2: Yes, if you did enjoy this show, make sure you leave us a rating on whiche a platform you're listening to. Check out Trev's podcasts multiplely. Are there any other podcasts aside from if.
Speaker 3: You subscribe to Two Blokes Talking Tech? We do six a week?
Speaker 2: Yeah, six podcasts a week now, don't know you did that many?
Speaker 3: So Stephen does his own tech guid I do my own e FtM. Then we do Two Blokes Talking Tech, the private feed best movies you've never.
Speaker 2: Seen, sending podcasts right.
Speaker 3: But they're all in one. You can get them all separately, but we put them all if you want in one feed the Two Blokes Talking Tech. If you subscribe to that, you get a show every day except Sunday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, there you go. And Gordy what we do one every quarter If we're lucky.
Speaker 3: We sit down a spoiler. Let we record them all in one day on a Wednesday. We just sit down and punch out the movie, the ev tech and yeah.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, make sure you check those out.
Speaker 2: Thank you, rating and if you do have any questions for us or Trev, contact at the Drivers Show dot com today you we've got a social media thing as well on Instagram at the Drivers Show dot com today you thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: We've got some big things, thank you and sorry.
Speaker 3: Big things coming up.
Speaker 1: Wow wow, watch this space get out, Trev.
Speaker 3: I think I might stay to another one.