Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Mason Cox Show. Everyone. We have a massive, massive catch up to get on. It is a crazy, crazy, crazy episode, I'm telling you. But as always a start off, Follow us on Apple, Spotify, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and TikTok. I'm smashing the seven. Follow us on all those share comment like do all that kind of stuff. Follow, Hit the subscribe button so you can get every notification when a new one comes up. But today, some of the things we're recover, I'm telling you it is pretty well. We've got Commwealth games, We've got Brittany Grinder, We've got oh my favorite things, Kim Kardashian and Pete Davison. We're gonna talk about Kim kaya on this show. What happened big news, big news in Kim k World Entertainment. We're all about it here. We're talking obviously about footy. We're gonna have fan questions also, so there's a lot of things we're gonna go through. Mate, But without further ado, I will introduce my fellow colleague, mister Braden Cox.
Speaker 2: Mate, I am hanging by a thread. It was a long couple of weeks and a long couple of lots happened. I don't get out that often, but I had a couple of big weekends. One I went and saw you play against Paul.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, which we'll get to we will.
Speaker 2: And then the weekend just gone had a Big Bucks party.
Speaker 1: The Big Bucks party. Oh, he's dusty.
Speaker 2: It takes me minimum two days.
Speaker 1: I'm the same. Oh, I'm like, man, the older I get, the more days and more hours it takes to get back to normal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my organs are shutting just shutting down my lips like the driest thing on the planet Earth.
Speaker 1: Right, that's good start anyway. Well, the first thing we'll get into comm Wealth Games. Obviously massive at the moment. There's a lot of stuff going on Australia. I don't really understand the Commonwealth Games, if I'm being honest with your brain, and it doesn't really make sense to me.
Speaker 2: It's the same as the Olympics, but all the good countries aren't in.
Speaker 1: It, Okay, so like why are you doing it? Then it's like because then when number one I just don't get it doesn't make It's like literally just a trial run for the Olympics.
Speaker 2: Yeah kind of, Yeah, well one hundred percent, we get all the golds. That's we're not complaining.
Speaker 1: It's just a real pump up against It's really a pump up against England, the people that used to own you, being like, hey, we're no better than you. We've really jumped you. We jumped you in the gold medals.
Speaker 2: Still for the Queen, she's still all.
Speaker 1: Right, she's still kicking. Go bless her.
Speaker 2: And she's your queen too now she is, she is.
Speaker 1: We love you, Queen Elizabeth. You're a lovely, lovely lady.
Speaker 2: Hail Queen.
Speaker 1: I'm not going that far, but some of the things are happening to Conwealth Games now. Peter Bowl, big, big, big fan of Peter Bowl. Here love Peter was having a spag Bowl wearing a bowlo tight and watching him in his qualifier which he dominated, like just absolutely murdered it. Like he's like fifty meters from the line, just like pulled up and was jogging past. He gets to the final, he wins silver. So I went silver for Australia and we're gonna trying him on the pod. He's a super fan, bit of a fan and big fan of Peter Bowl. He absolutely smashed it and he's become a worldwide sensation in the last like four years.
Speaker 2: That's a brilliant effort because like in those fields, the competitive nations are still in it. So like for him to do what he did was amazing and oh yeah, Oliver Whore as well, shout out to h Yes, fifteen hundred meters first to get gold for Australia since nineteen fifty eight. Jesus, So it's a fair while And it was a brilliant run and a brilliant call from Bruce.
Speaker 1: Bruce. Man, Bruce is the ultimate. He could Seriously, he could. He could do something like going to the grocery store. He can make that entertaining, Like I'm telling you that. Man, if you just overlay his commentary on anything, you'll be entrenched.
Speaker 2: I love his passion too.
Speaker 1: We had netball won the thousandth Commonwealth Gold medal for Australia. They I think Jamaica. I want to say in the final, not.
Speaker 2: Just thousand for the year. I know we win a long Oh.
Speaker 1: Get stuffed, two thousands of all time. Man, you're not that good if you're talking about thousands in a year. He might talk about the US, but now they did win the thousands, but the most entertaining thing that happened in netball.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you saw spreading, but this was this was the most like the funniest thing I've maybe have ever seen on netball court. Now very new netball being American, you know, very new. I've dated a few netballers over the years, don't get me wrong, so I've got into it. But the English team was playing and there's a girl that was running for a ball, like running back kind of like with the flight and didn't get the ball, but like kind of got like SAand it like like literally jumped onto the actual netball pole and like bint it like bint it like backwards, and then Lee Matthews stuff, Well yeah, I don't know what that means, but yes, and then like it was crazy. So then like the poles like off centered. So then they have to go and like bring out a new pole to like fix it in the middle of a game, Like middle of a game is two people and they bring it out and they take the pole out, they put the new one in, and there's two people just kind of like sitting there looking at it like they've never seen a netball pole. And then they're kind of like, how do I fix this because it's still in an angle and a good friend of mine juvn mentor just rolls out rips the thing back in. It was like, all right, play on, let's go and just move on. It was actually the funniest thing like in the whenever it actually happened. The girl like she full koalied onto this like pole. Like she didn't just like hit it and fall off. She just fool like just like hugged it, just bin it. Did she play it? She did? I think, yeah, yeah, that's my highlight of the Commonwealth Games. It gives you an idea of how much I've been following it. But another thing that's happened in the sporting world. We will get into foot at the end of Don't get me wrong, we're putting putting footy at the back end of this whole chat. But something very interesting in like my world. I've got a bit of a weird connection with this girl, Britney Grinder, and now she's kind of the reason I've got into sport and started playing college ball and then got into AFL and all that.
Speaker 2: Which was crazy because you would what you'd essentially have to pretend to be Britney Grider.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was kind of my job that led me into AFL life. Yeah, it's a long story, but checked out. I've told it plenty of times. But she she's actually been sentence in Russia. Now, a lot of these women basketball players go overseas to China or Russia are different places to play and make money because they don't make as much in the WNBA. And she's gone over there and she was going to play I think it was, and then she got sentence for cannabis oil, which is like pretty legal in most US states.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, it's pretty standard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now she's been sentenced to nine years in Russian prison, and they're trying to figure out that they're trying to like trade swap for someone else in America.
Speaker 2: It's like this, and it's a real crazy trade swap. So it's like one person had like cannabis oil on them and gets nine years. The other blok that they're like trying to trade is like an arms dealers.
Speaker 1: Very very questionable trade.
Speaker 2: I feel like, yeah, it's not a great trade. It's not it's not a hind trade, but it's a.
Speaker 1: I guess she's very profile and it's been very well covered, so they definitely want to get her back because it's been like all over the news. But it is such a weird thing in politics to be like we'll give one to get one. You wonder how many people do we have stashed up just ready to trade? Yeah, like that kind of is what I'm thinking the whole time, Like what is who else does America have just like stashed in their prison system that they can like trade for someone else?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got someone like on a lower level, but you do like a future third round like crime.
Speaker 1: Gosh, we've got entertainment now. This is this is my big spot, man, this is I was shattered.
Speaker 2: I have been shattered.
Speaker 1: Shattered. Kim Kardashian, Pete Davidson no more the couple of the century, braid and you have to be you have to be a cross these things with me like this because they it's official, Kanye, I'm telling You'll be the happiest man of the world right now.
Speaker 2: There's no hope for anyone, is there.
Speaker 1: Well, if they can't make it, I mean, like what how are we supposed to make it?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: I mean, Kim King, Pete Davidson, I mean that is the couple.
Speaker 2: They were very cute.
Speaker 1: They were cute. They were cute because it was so ridiculously random.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bad luck. So who broke it off?
Speaker 1: I think they always say that mutually did it, but they said one of the reasons it was long distance. And Pete Davidson is currently filming a movie in Australia, so I want to say there's a little bit of it that's partially to blame for Australia being so far away from the rest of the world.
Speaker 2: I'm on hinge. If he jumps on a hinge, come just pack her up.
Speaker 1: Jeez, he's on hinge, mate, you got no chance.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I recently had a few days off and now rural Australia. Now you're from a beautiful place in the world called a cheeker the checker sneeze. I didn't say that. I went to a place called Graoshan Road right down the street here in Victoria. Beautiful, beautiful place. If you've not been, I'm telling you it is a highlight of the country. You have to go.
Speaker 2: It is pretty as cold as ship right now.
Speaker 1: Right it was sunny every single day, but like there was, there's so many things talking on this podcast. I didn't realize. I guess, like, maybe how many people have been listening to us and stuff? And I was in the Polar Bakery millions just millions bread and one of the guys working there was like, hey, love the pod and I was like, thanks so much. Man. I was like, Hi, man, we're doing it, Braidon. We're reaching the outskirts of a Polo Bay. They're listening in. So shout out to the the Polar Bay Baker either known for their scallop pie is delicious.
Speaker 2: It sounds gross.
Speaker 1: They're delicious, mate, don't even going south on this.
Speaker 2: Shout out to a Polo Bay baker. No, I'm wait. I went to the MCG to watch you play footy and I was like, someone will notice.
Speaker 1: Me, someone will know. Are you out looking around like someone?
Speaker 2: Someone? Eventually, no, no.
Speaker 1: No one has said anything. It has to be some random person on the street. See Braidon. Don't walk and walk down the street. Make sure it say hi. It's a big fan of the poul.
Speaker 2: Please do please do even shining away from it.
Speaker 1: As you're traveling, I feel like there's a lot of things right, so you run into little cafes and pubs and stuff like that, but a lot of times, you know, as you're on the road, you need to go to toilet, right, Yeah, as everyone knows this great segue, Mason, and I want to ask because I feel like everyone's real awkward about talking about this, right, everyone has different bathroom experiences, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what if I bring up mine and you're like.
Speaker 1: What the that's the thing? No one talks about it, so no one knows what's actually a proper ot a kit. But yeah, there's one thing on this road. I also say where it was. But we'd stopped at a certain place and I went to the bathroom, and like, as you go to a bathroom, and then you know, there's like the most annoying things of a bathroom, Like you get the like paper thin toilet paper. It's like sheet by sheet by sheet you have to pull out and when you're wiping it absolutely annoys the hell out of.
Speaker 2: My finger goes through it up your butt.
Speaker 1: Jeez. I didn't say that. It's maybe too much. This is what I'm too much to say. Stop stop. I was thinking about, like, you know, the annoying sinks. They are like one hand you can get in, you have to wash one hand at the time. I can't stand those Jesus we watched, actually, we talked about this previously. You watch the TikTok on air dryers. How disgustingly dirty air dryers are.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you've seen this. It's like if you use air dryers in bathrooms to clean your hands, they're like a cesspool of just germs and bacteria and they blow them onto your hands, so your hands are essentially dirtier having used the air dryer. So what they recommend is you air dry to wave by like just waving your arm and it drives them out.
Speaker 1: The one thing I always found weird when I came to this country, and I don't know if other people have felt this, but I went into a bathroom and there's a sign of someone like standing on the toilet and it's got like a cross or the like, don't stand and go to the toilet standing on the toilet, on the seat, on the seat, you know. I was just it's a cold sharks. I feel like other countries maybe that's acceptable. I'm not really too sure, but I've never seen eight actual sign like that, And I was confused and thought it was a joke. And then people realize now I come to z people said, no, that's that's the actual thing, Like, yeah, someone will stand above the toilet and go to the toilet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I worked on like fruit farms growing up in the country. Well, it's like you'd go into the toilets and there'd be two footprints either side of like the seat, like on the seat, and it's for reasons like that, but it's because other places, like they have the drop toilet, so it's not like a toilet and you just go over a hole and you it drops in just straight down. And yeah, which, man, just bringing the dog millionaire atacks got to be problematic for you. That's a drop and a half. That's like a five footer.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't be ideal. But without further ado, we will move on to everyone's favorite part of the podcast, Breaden Cox's news stories.
Speaker 2: But I've got some absolute bangers this week. And I say that every week, but that's it's just true every week.
Speaker 1: Well, every everyone's a banger.
Speaker 2: Passenger find one thousand, eight hundred and seventy four dollars coin coin after two undeclared mcmuffins found in their luggage. How much one thousand, eight hundred and seventy four.
Speaker 1: Dollars and mcmuffins got like two bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And if you've ever seen that, like the TV show about when they go through security.
Speaker 1: Yeah, board, security, board, whatever.
Speaker 2: It's like it's always like, oh, this passenger brought in seven hundred kilos of like duck eggs or something and they just let them off. Yeah, but not this guy, mc muffins, not Mick muffin guy. I think they just wanted the mc muffins.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Well, first of all, why is that in your bag? I feel like that would be disgusting. If you're leaving that in your bag for like an over two hours on.
Speaker 2: A plane to carry on, that's not bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're flying in a nationley surely.
Speaker 2: For easy access. Well. A passenger traveling from Bali, Indonesia to Australia found themselves paying a hefty price for McDonald's breakfast, so.
Speaker 1: He would have lied on his little like into sheet you fill out and as like, yeah, declaration like no, I've not traveled through any mud in the last two weeks.
Speaker 2: That stuff. It's like, have you been outside nowhere near a cattle farm. The incident came about days after the Australian authorities brought in tough new biosecurity laws for foot and mouth disease.
Speaker 1: Ah, yes, that makes sense. Just eat the McMuffin, Like why why are you got to bring it in? Like why why are you treasuring this thing? And you're like in your carriage.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't think about it. You just chuck it in your bag and you're like, I'll eat that. He's probably hung over.
Speaker 1: Just throw it out. Usually, just go do you want those McMuffin And you're like, oh no, I forgot that was in there. Throw it out.
Speaker 2: See what they serve on these flats. He's probably like I got to take a sausage McMuffin. He should have eaten it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why would you bring you on there? You can eat it.
Speaker 2: Guard cat credited with preventing would be robbery. It's nice.
Speaker 1: Yep. This is a positive story. Yep.
Speaker 2: It's on straight out of Mississippi.
Speaker 1: Love that love the South. Always good news story out of there.
Speaker 2: Name of the cat band it what a legend. It's almost ironic, right it is cat.
Speaker 1: That's a fat cat.
Speaker 2: Nine kegs for us Australians.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty pound cat.
Speaker 2: The people tried to break into his house three am in the morning, and the cat heard it. So he was like, well, I can't take down two blocks.
Speaker 1: And what's the first thing the guy? I thought? Gun?
Speaker 2: So band It ran into the bedroom, dragged the covers of Fred to wake him up, scratch the shit out of you.
Speaker 1: We all know a cat like that too. There's a pain in the ass cat that no one really likes. It just causes a problem every single time you see it.
Speaker 2: And then he woke up and he's like, well, Bandit's never done this before, so something must be something. It must be a miss something ass. And so then he heard the kitchen went out there. One robber's got a gun, the other's got a hammer, trying to like break into the ziint. Fred goesund gets out of his gun.
Speaker 1: I called it.
Speaker 2: By the time he gets back there, they've run off. And yeah, so Bandit saved the day, banned it foiled the bandits.
Speaker 1: Boy, there you go. I don't think that's your best yet.
Speaker 2: No, but we will end on a Florida man.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's always Florida, Texas telling you always. At least one.
Speaker 2: Florida man accused of driving to the Space Force base in a stolen truck to warn a valiance. This doubles up on our last catch up. Florida man's been arrested after he was accused of stealing a pickup truck and driving to the Space Force base to warn the government about extraterrestrial and mythical creatures. Corey Johnson, twenty nine, was arrested Friday at Patrick's Space Force Base by local deputies after he attempted to get on the base. Johnson reportedly explained to authorities he was told by the president to warn the government that there was US aliens fighting with Chinese dragons, US.
Speaker 1: Aliens fighting with Chinese drug Oh thank god. He went to the Space Force that we just recently created. Oh man, that's so good.
Speaker 2: They'll no doubt just be straight on the case.
Speaker 1: Can I just ask what the Space Force's uniform looks like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it might. It's like it's like in Silver Onesie, almost like a space Balls, like just the big fuck elbot. If you didn't steal the truck, it was the truck.
Speaker 1: It was just like the guy in the last one, the guy that was up in the Sydney Crater. If he wouldn't have pissed off the roof, would have been a legend.
Speaker 2: So close would have been a legend because Space Force would have believed him. That's what they're there for.
Speaker 1: My gosh, imagine Trump's at the front of it. Anyway, from Florida. Man, another word that starts with F. We've got the footy chap, man, the footy chap. Now, lots happened this weekend. Last two weeks has been a lot that's happened now as of recent Josh Kennedy kicked eight goals in his final game. For me, I always kind of think like, if you're team like that, like take the West Coast Eaguals scenario right, like your team's out of finals, it's not really a ton you're playing for per se. You know, like you already know you're not going to play in the postseason. And let's say one year legends of the club is going out, Like do you just out of center balance back half, like everything's going to him, just like, don't care every kick inside fifty Josh Kenny, it's to you, mate.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So they did this with Jared Rufford, Yes, they did kicked what six in his last game six I think it was against Sydney and Sydney but like if if West Coast had won that game, My argument is, why don't you just do it every game? Like, oh, Josh Kennedy kicked like seven goals or whatever.
Speaker 3: It's like, well, there's a game, but actually, what are you doing every other game? Just if it's that easy kick it to him, and the other team knew they were going to kick it to Josh Kennedy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you wouldn't start a bit. Would still didn't stop it.
Speaker 1: So it's like just pretty it's pretty effort kicking eight goals knowing that the balls going to you matter what he knowing that he kicked straight, So he's a good he's a good kick.
Speaker 2: That's a big difference. It's like kick it to you.
Speaker 1: We'll move on. So we had a game last Friday, at a game Friday night. If you saw the game, did you go to the game?
Speaker 2: I didn't go to this one, So let's go back one more. We went to port I went to the pores.
Speaker 1: That's your segue.
Speaker 2: I got free tip, I got free tickets to a Collingwood function or you know a guy, Oh you can drink alcohol.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, couldn't all imagine you on that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, So I remembered the end of the game, so that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: That's a good story.
Speaker 2: And I remembered you one of your highlights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Took a big clunk right on the line. That was pretty crazy. It almost looked like it was going to go through, but I made so Freden lucky you got there. Trent Bianco, who's gonna slaughter girl.
Speaker 1: But it was actually a good stat for the boundary, like.
Speaker 2: A good I had a good view of it. It's very very to make certain of these things.
Speaker 1: Oh mate, And you know it was an important goal.
Speaker 2: Went back, pumped it through from all two meters out and now you're in goalkicking form.
Speaker 1: We don't jink these things.
Speaker 2: In the pod on the weekend, we're talking about going back with the flight in the netball. Yeah, you went back with the flight and took a courageous mark, slutted it. It's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Got fired up. Nothing better than having a big seventy thousand crowd Friday night. Just living it up. Mate, You need to kick a snag in front of seventy thousand.
Speaker 2: What's celebrations?
Speaker 1: So good? I just get the double cobras, you know, just like the fist pumped cobras, not the up up top, you know, just to keep it in close. Let the boys now get around them. And then you look up and you see your number on the substitute thing. All right, see your boys are out. Job. I'll catch it the next quarter.
Speaker 2: You've been doing it for probably longer than this year, Like for a long time you've been the man on the mark, and it's only been recently in the last couple of weeks. Has noticed it.
Speaker 1: Bran Taylor always always just the interesting fella. I always get something going.
Speaker 2: But I think what you've probably adapted. You can tell me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: But the jack in the box style, well I've had to change it up because of these stupid stand the mIRC rules. Yeah, so we're not allowed to just to like you know, run up and like run back and forth and run the side and like make all gestures and stuff. It's like numb parts like stand like you have to stand here in your.
Speaker 2: Camp move so you can jump straight up.
Speaker 1: Jumps up and that's like as much motion as you can do.
Speaker 2: So you go down essentially almost on all fours.
Speaker 1: I become as small as possible. And then right Whenember he's like running up before he kicks it. You become as big as possible. Yeah, and usually and I've had like other oppositions told me this. They're like, it actually scares the shot of me because I'm not used to a human that big being on the mark. And if you do it right before I kick, I'm going, oh, maybe I'm actually too close to him.
Speaker 2: How tall do you think you get? So you're to ten from foot to top of your head.
Speaker 1: To twelve and then you I think also on length of.
Speaker 2: Arm length is probably like another seventy centiment.
Speaker 1: I don't know what we're talking about cinemeters, but I would say, yeah, you then jump probably like I mean like I can touch a ram, So if you're ten feet that's pretty big. Brian Taylor's taking this to the instagree.
Speaker 2: The Georgia artists. One, could you do celebrate when they miss?
Speaker 1: I don't celebrate, but I do. And this is this dog act by me. I just walked by and give them at the top on the mom go good shot, brass. Oh just a real real dagger, just to really let them know, you know you just you just pat them on the back as they're like pissed off, fixing the shoelace as if there's something wrong with their shoe and iver they kicked it. Yeah maybe next time.
Speaker 2: Mate, don't mind that. And some big news, you hit your trigger in the contract.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you IFL for releasing that. Apparently our contracts are not public, you know, tweet it anyway. Yeah, so its true though, it's true, but it's also like, dude, like, come on, well, it's like your information to release and they've just literally just put it out in the world just oh yeah, by hey, this is a there's a signed contract, you know, like really between us two, we're not going to tell anyone else, and then you go and tweet it out to the world anyway.
Speaker 2: So there was an article that said that you hit your one year trigger contract by playing x amount of games. Is very specific like contractual details. Yeah, that's great news, great news to be around for another year, so you have to deal with my ship for another year.
Speaker 1: Now. It's it's kind of crazy. Now you look back to the like the year from the beginning and starting off the year I thought would be great, and then we went into this kind of loll and I was kind of thinking this might be my last year. And then the opportunity kind of came and made the most of it and then yeah, played enough games to hit the trigger and we'll be around again.
Speaker 2: You're starting to nudge some numbers. I keep talking on my mind that father side father son.
Speaker 1: You reckon. My kid's gonna be playing for no chance. My kid is playing NBA and I'm retiring on his first contract.
Speaker 2: No, no, good luck, he'll be He'll be strutting around the AFL.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine that? Another annoying ass American rolling around?
Speaker 2: Almost do it out of spot. We better get into the fan questions, because yes, we're running out.
Speaker 1: Of tape, run out of tape. I'll let's start off on the first one, but I hit it.
Speaker 2: How is the relationship between you and the other defenders that you play against? That's from Hate US twenty one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's an interesting one. I've told about this before. Is there's a bit of a big boys club. Now. It's like Rock's tall defenders, tall forwards, and we're all kind of mates. I feel like during the game, yes, you punch each other and hit each other and hate each other, but like after the game, everyone's like, how you been? Man? Like, what's what's you know? How's the family been, what you been up to, like, like on the weekend? I need maxicon and he went down. Then after the game, I was like, man, how's it like being a father? You know, Like after the game, I was just like, how you've been how was a kid going?
Speaker 2: Like coughing up blood?
Speaker 1: It's like, that's great. I love it, you know, it's just a great, great time.
Speaker 2: Do you wish that you'd ever played for a less scrutinized team. That's a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is interesting. I actually was having this conversation with someone recently and they brought up that they said that I was the most scrutinized player on the most scrutinized team in the country. So he played toll forward of Rock, which is one of the most screwed nice positions for the most scrutinized team in the nation. Yeah, which is kind of like, it's kind of funny to me because I'm like, you know, just some guys doesn't know what AFL is, just like walks in. It's like most scrutinized player, one of the most scrutinized players in the league, expects no sense. I feel like it just works. I don't know your reckon. I just can't take it in straight. I feel like you're the guy for it.
Speaker 2: Otherwise it's what you're playing for, like a lesser known club kind of just skirt along. It's a bit boring.
Speaker 1: I mean, I wouldn't be probably doing the pod to be honest, if I was in a smaller club, like I think i'd I don't know, like if I'm if I'm playing a smaller club, like maybe there's like Gold Coast, maybe their lifestyle, I don't know, maybe there's like kind of better weather, there's some kind of positive to it. But there's other clubs that, Yeah, I don't know you'd play for, But I don't think i'd have the opportunities I've had being able to play for the Comic Football Club. Whenever I first signed on to the Common Club, one of the reasons I was signing on with them was not because of their only their team and the coaching staff and staff, but also because I knew i'd be in the center of Melbourne and if getting a full experience of what AFL was, Yeah, and like that's that's what I've been able to doing. It's been an amazing, amazing experience. We'll go on to the next level from TAM four to five nine. Shout out thanks for sitting on the questions. The next one things you've learned since starting out as podcast hosts Now, I'm asked this to you because you technically our host too for this thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nice, I'm so rough, so rough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like you've gotten better though. I've got some good feedback from people to say that, you know, you and Brandon riff off each other very well.
Speaker 2: Tell them to send some feedback to me.
Speaker 1: Just my feedback to you from other people. That's good.
Speaker 2: No, I well, I didn't expect to be on the show ever. I just thought it was going to be you and I was going to be like your ass into this sitting over by the desk. But it's getting It's good, like building the community. People are getting around us the Yeah, I like making like the social clips and stuff. And then because I edited, I can make me look better. Yeah, make me look which I often do. What's a favorite part about doing the podcast the feedback from the community. Love that, like people getting around it and saying like stuff like I remember we missed one deadline and people are like, oh no, like it ruined my like ruin the week, start to the morning and stuff, because it's part of their part of their routine. It's like, oh, like on a Wednesday going to work they listen to it or whatever. And then you realize, like it is a part of people's routines and like that's really cool, and.
Speaker 1: That's why you subscribe to the podcast. You follow light comment, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok. A YouTube podcast is Spotify.
Speaker 2: Let's go, we got it next, Americans coming through. I assume that means in footy.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yeah, Now this is something I would love to do. I'd love to kind of do what I was able to do is bring Americans over to Australia to play. I think there's plenty of talent over there and everything else, and being able to sell the game to a different country.
Speaker 2: Like speak their linger.
Speaker 1: Yeah I know, And like we've got an exciting we haven't really released this, but we've got an exciting little side experiment we're going to come out with too soon. So everyone's stay tuned, stay tuned. It's along this whole idea of being able to sell the game sees. But that's kind of something I'm very passionate about. I think it's an amazing, awesome game. As I've said many many times, that's not very known outside the borders. And with the magic of this thing called the Internet, we should be able to give access to people to it.
Speaker 2: If you could get some young athletic like basketball talent, like a cross.
Speaker 1: They would kill it. Do some broke athlete compared to people back in America, just get it.
Speaker 2: Get it happened in earlier.
Speaker 1: Who is your dream person to have on the pod? From Joel Snazzy twenty six?
Speaker 2: I like, who do you.
Speaker 1: Want on the pod? I want Tommy Argument?
Speaker 2: I want Tommy tom Little Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I might have a connect there. I might be able to sort that out. Yeah right, yeah, it's just someone I want to I want Andy Lee. Andy Lee is like one of the first people I knew about in Australia because he had this famous skit of you ever heard it. It's like this guy they call a random number and ask him to be a reference for a job, and it's like this whole you have to look it up. It's hilarious. The random number and this guy like just vouches for this random person and they like calm up as the company and they're like, hey, we heard about let's say Rob his name, heard about Rob. He's applying blah blah. And they're like, oh, you know, how's he with how's he with numbers? And he's like, oh, yeah, you know he was. Here's our accountan at the local football club. You know this is pretty good. He's like, goes on this whole ray. It's hilarious. They're just like losing it on this thing. You should look it up on YouTube. It's hilarious. But Andy Lee, we're gonna get you on, mate, We're gonna get you on. I like that, still need to get Tony or I'm showing that one he said he would Tony.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, when the siren goes and you win, what do you think about it at the time? Mmm?
Speaker 1: The past few times I've actually been on the bench, so it's kind of like you come off with a bit of time left and you're kind of gone, I have no influence any more. Kind of thing like this is you can help out by telling people from the bench what to do, and like, you know, if we go into a certain like situation or whatever. But the main bit, like actually being out there kind of like you're almost watching this. You're like almost in the stands, like watching this whole thing transpire. But as soon as the siren goes, it's just like if you're winning the game, you win it, like you're static and you kind of look and I always look at Crag and Craigs like it's so psyched for a mag So you imagine a first year coach like and having the success that he's had in the regular season so far, like it means the world to him, you know, like you have a lot of pressure. Is one of the like the coach of the commic of football club, like to win that many games is there's a credit to him what he's been able to do. And it's just cool to see him really enjoying it like that. I really get enjoyment out of seeing him enjoy it, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Attitude is phenomenal, Like.
Speaker 1: No, he's a great humans anything, he's.
Speaker 2: A great human negative but like regardless of all the time, like he's so happy and just everything. It does also help that you're like having an absolute tear of a season, like winning every week, it would just be he's just entertaining to riding this roller coaster of like, he just gets to be positive all the time because he is actual like it helps.
Speaker 1: It's in his nature to be positive time and he reinforces positive and I think that's very much something that like everyone does. You know. It's like if you can have positive energy to give out, I feel like it comes back.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So yeah, I'm loving the vibe coming out of the club. We haven't talked about your ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, we'll finish off this. We'll do the final siren of the podcast talking about this show. How cool is this? Someone sims the other day, Trible Wafer. It's just like the Telescopic Cox. I think that's BT again. BT. He just loves it. He always he's got something for me, whether they be Jack of the Vix, Telescopic Cocks, American Pie. He's got many your nicknames for me. You're rather than talking about you, he should be. He should be getting a little cut of these things.
Speaker 2: I think, you up, we should be making t shirts off everything that he's maying.
Speaker 1: We could be on the pod. Who knows, huge, We don't want to catch up. I'm a big fan of Roaming Mason. Roaming Mason. Yes, oh yes, we're talking now we're talking all right, Well, that is the fist final siren to the podcast to catch up. He's been a massive two weeks. There's a lot of stuff we've gone through, from the entertainment of Kim K and Pete Pete Davison that's got me sure, shock, absolutely shock, and everything else in between, from COMWF games and whatnot. It's been a great as always, Brandon, thank you so much for doing this. But I'm gonna actually put the pressure on you. What's the seven platforms? I like, follow, subscribe, so everyone rings the bell and you get a notification every time there's a new one that comes out.
Speaker 2: Twitter, TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, and then I know, Spotify, Apple, podcasts seven.
Speaker 1: Check us out on all of them. Hit the like, subscribes, follow and they will give you a notification every time we come out with a new one of these, whether it be a new podcast as far as a catch up or a new podcast with a new exciting person on as a guest.
Speaker 2: So I guess Nick, we've got one.
Speaker 1: Can we say who it is? You'll see it next Tuesday. Check it out. It's gonna be an amazing one. It's gonna be one of the best of the season, I can promise you that, and it's an absolutely epic chat, epic epic chat with an epic person, so really, really really just teasing that one in, But thanks so much for listening. As always, follow us on seven, subscribe all our jazz and until next time, we'll chat to you soon and thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: The peace m m
Speaker 1: M hm