Speaker 1: Life Uncut acknowledges the traditional custodians of country whose lands were never seated.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to their elders past and present.
Speaker 3: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. This episode was recorded on Drug Wallamuta Land.
Speaker 2: Hi guys, and.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to another episode of Life Uncut. I'm Laura and I produced a Keisha filling in for brit because she has entered the jungle.
Speaker 3: And last night Kish and Mitch Jury came over to my house and we sat there and we all sat there like nervous parents.
Speaker 2: Watching Britt enter into the.
Speaker 3: Jungle also took their sweetlass time. I was like, is she even on this episode?
Speaker 1: I started to feel as though we were going to have to come back tonight and watch Brit actually into the jungle.
Speaker 2: But they did eventually.
Speaker 1: Get there, and I was actually really impressed with the cast. I know every year everyone's like, who the fuck is that? And usually sometimes sometimes I'm like, genuinely fair, no clue that person is. But it's usually because you know, I'm an NRL girl, it will be because they're an AFL person.
Speaker 2: You know, it would be because they're not in my niche categories.
Speaker 3: I like that you use that example, but that's exactly what played out on last night's episode. The only person that we were all like, who the fuck is that was some guy who was, you know, an ex AFL player and they.
Speaker 2: One from Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia. Right now are.
Speaker 3: Screaming sorry, sorry, it should come as no surprise after five years, but I'm not football, doesn't.
Speaker 1: It doesn't get me juices going. It's not to me. People are unsubscribing.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 3: The thing I don't understand and we'll never understand about I'm a celebrity is why people don't lie. What I'm saying is okay. So brit is petrified of heights. It's probably the.
Speaker 1: One thing that she deeply, deeply cannot do and doesn't ever want to put herself in that situation. She has no interest in skydiving, she has no interest in bungee jumping. But the girl is competitive and will do pretty much everything right. So that to me is I guess it's a surprise.
Speaker 3: Like I would have thought had I not known Brit, that she would have been okay with those sorts of things because she seeks out adrenaline in other ways. Yes, but she last night had to go out. She walked out into this little plank. It was like a trapdoor and then it's like over the top of a gorge or something.
Speaker 2: And they trapped the door too so you could see through it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then it opens and you plummet down, and at the same time you had to recite a number that was in front of yourself. And majority of people who were there doing it, there was five of them were okay with it, even if they were scared. They had processes pretty well. And Britt was.
Speaker 2: It was actually so hard to watch. She was in tears.
Speaker 3: She was visibly uncomfortable with the whole situation. And my question is, why the fuck.
Speaker 2: Didn't she just lie and say that she was scared of snakes?
Speaker 1: Why would you give Like we've done reality TV, we know how this works.
Speaker 2: Why would you give them the truth? I would lie?
Speaker 3: Why didn't she say that she's petrified of reptiles and then she would have had to have done the snake challenge or something.
Speaker 2: Why they're afire of ice cream? Oh, it would be so bad if it just fell from the zeiling. Sleep petrifies me. Don't let me near it.
Speaker 3: I haven't slept in years, not because I can't, but because I'm fucking petrified of it.
Speaker 2: Caffeine makes me psychotic. Yeah, so that would be a really really bad TV for you if you were to give me coffee. Yeah, terrible, terrible.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 3: So I don't understand why people are honest about these things because you know it's going to be used against you.
Speaker 1: I also don't, and I don't know why britain't because she does know better.
Speaker 2: But yeah, absolutely know it's better. You're right.
Speaker 1: But she did a really good job, and I think that they very much deliberately put her in the position where she was the one who was going to have to fall through the trap door instead of doing the red tiles.
Speaker 3: So can you imagine how so like the amount of drama that they managed to get over those few minutes. It might have been like maybe five minutes of Brita on screen where they were like really drawing out the intensity of how scared she was. What it made me think at the time was how long they would have had her standing out on that plank for that would have been filmed over twenty five minutes, half an hour, just to try and get as much fear out of her as possible and.
Speaker 2: That I hate.
Speaker 3: That makes me feel even worse for her. And I felt like a proud mum. You know when you when you're so nervous. Okay, no one, no one's gonna know this because like we don't have children who are old enough to deal with this majority of listeners. But I remember if I was competing in something and my mum would be so nervous that she'd be almost crying for me, and I'd be like, settle down, mom, No, you know your parents didn't do that.
Speaker 2: But she absolutely didn't do that. They're like, go out there and win, you know, coming home because my win, my love is conditional, you little shit. That's really hard to really like she cared that. That's really calm.
Speaker 3: No, not for me, for more for my sister and gymnastics, but like it's you know, I recognized it in her. No, even when I was doing when I did Dancing with the Stars, like Matt had it, he was so nervous for me that he couldn't but he just couldn't. He was so nervous. And that's how I felt last night for Britt sitting on the couch, I was like, oh my god, my child, they're gonna throw her off a little platform.
Speaker 2: Or so worried about it, but she did good.
Speaker 1: Guys, I don't hate them for it made when I was thinking about the situation, it's the anticipation of that floor falling beneath you that's worse. It's not the fact that she's at a height, like if that were me, I've been bungee jumping, and oh, we know, kich.
Speaker 2: Oh, we know, so there's a ride. I went lyle wait, why do we know?
Speaker 1: Because last night we took a trip down memory Lane and I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I thought it was very relevant to the conversation.
Speaker 2: And I was told to shush and that it was not relevant to So why we were all deep in watching bread and.
Speaker 3: Like whilst I was at the peak of my feet, like I was invested. We were sitting there on the couch, Mitch and I hand in hand, like really absorbed.
Speaker 2: And then Keisha goes, I've been to Africa, I did the bungee jump and the Gorge suite. Let me show you photos.
Speaker 3: And we're like, Keisha, not now, And you were like, hold on, I've even got a video recording of me Screaming's put that in here. Let's include the scream of Keisha.
Speaker 1: The reason the video is so funny is it because I sound like them being stabbed. It's it's not a cute, girly scream. That's true, that's a terrified scream. And also I was really terrified because from the time that it took for them to wrap towels and a bungee cort around my feet to the point of which I was plummeting off of that bridge was less than fifteen seconds. Okay, there were no checks. There was not me going are you sure I know we do this day in day out?
Speaker 2: Off?
Speaker 3: You go jump off, hurry up, you're holding up the schedule. There's twenty people behind you. I can't bungee jump. I did try it when I was in New Zealand and I had a panic attack and matt ended up taking my bungee jump because we paid for two and I didn't want to waste the money.
Speaker 2: But this isn't about me.
Speaker 3: And last night when you were like tro she were like showing us the family photo album, we were like, Qija, now is not the time.
Speaker 2: Now is not the time.
Speaker 3: There's always that one friend who wants to show you photos from their holiday that they had four years ago.
Speaker 2: Sorry, when was the last time you were with wild rhinos? Okay? When was the last time you saw a zebra milking? It's calf. I don't even know if it's called a calf.
Speaker 1: But I have had those experiences, and I thought, I did, I did, I do?
Speaker 2: And I do.
Speaker 1: Look, it wasn't the time of the wait stop, can we just play that audio again one more time?
Speaker 2: Perfect?
Speaker 1: I'm glad we've all experienced it. It wasn't the time of the place, all right. It was meant to be about Britt. She did a really good job. But all I could think about when she was on that platform is that this is right. It went and wild up in the Gold Coast, standing there and there's.
Speaker 2: Water rushing down your back and you wear this shell thing.
Speaker 1: People that have been they know, but this is rogan I'm here for. There's four of you in a row, and you're all looking at each other, going why are we doing this?
Speaker 2: This is an opt in situation?
Speaker 1: And then the floor falls from beneath you, and I will say.
Speaker 2: You get a free enima it really? Oh gross.
Speaker 1: I've just thought about what would be in that water. Oh, I don't want I don't want to do that ever again. No, you just clinch shut.
Speaker 3: I say this because I made the mistake at Wet and Wild and I got a free enement there, and now I don't go on water slides.
Speaker 2: Actually it wasn't Wet and Wild. It was the one in Bali, but it was closed. It was not good.
Speaker 1: That was the closest thing I have experienced to what Brute went through. And I think she did a really good job because it was really terrifying for me. And I'm not scared of heights out Wet and Wild. Yeah, and she was over a gorge.
Speaker 3: I'm interested to see. I mean, obviously we're going to talk about the show. It's not going to be the only thing we talk about, we promised. But last night was a very big night. It was the very first time that Britt entered, and I am excited to see how some of the other contestants go, in particular someone like Sky Wheatley, because I know her from social media. I know the version of herself that she presents on social media. I also know that she can be quite polarizing. People either love her or they hate her, and I think that we're very critical of influences and of social media personalities, and last night she came in with a lot of personality and she was very herself, I guess. And on one instance she also had a moment where she put her hand into the box and she got bitten by a snake and she had to get a star out and that sort of stuff is quite endearing to see people overcome their fears. So I wonder how this is going to play out for all of the participants and who's going to get their redemption arc, who's going to be seen more humanized on TV? Who is it going to really kind of like display their personality in a more authentic way and we're going to dislike it? And I find that a really interesting part of how these reality shows play out me too.
Speaker 1: My favorite moment of last night was actually when Britt got into the camp and she saw.
Speaker 2: Ellie Cole Elie, Ellie Love Ellie. She's amazing.
Speaker 1: She is the most decorated Paralympic athlete I think we've ever had in Australia, so most medals of all time.
Speaker 2: And she was on the podcast with you guys about a year ago. It'd have to be about it year. It was in January last year year.
Speaker 1: I'll actually link that episode in the show notes so that you can go back and listen to it because it was such a good episode. Ellie is a straight shooter, she tells it how it is. I think she's going to make such good TV because she is not the type of person that will sugarcoat her opinions, and she's really funny.
Speaker 3: Well this is now, so you know, Ripeter Maths, I'm a celebrity, to get me out of here. Don't think I would ever say that. There has never been a time in history that I have said that, and I probably will never say it again. But in the competition of the ratings war between the two Juggernauts, this is kind of the perfect time that I'm a celebrity has dropped because I personally have been finding Maths very boring and I'm ready for something new and obviously our girl, Britt. We all need to support her. We all need to get behind it. Even if you're not watching it, go and vote for her. The voting opens tonight, which is Monday night, So if you watch Monday night's episode, you can start voting for the participants. And we need to make Brittany a winner. Queen brittey Te speaking of.
Speaker 1: The day that this comes out, because it will be last night that you can vote for britt Well. Today's a special day, Laura d da du everyone together, hoopy hoot.
Speaker 2: But you're not going to sing it from front to back. I don't think anyone from back to the crack.
Speaker 1: You want me to from back to Yeah, I get the whole studio in here.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday too. I'm joking. Don't you hate it when people are singing Happy birthday to you. There's a group of people and you're.
Speaker 1: The one behind the cake, and you don't know what the fuck to do with your hands or your eyes, and.
Speaker 2: You're like this.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be honest, I think I'm an anomaly. I kind of like it. I kind of like it having Happy Birthday being sung to me. I don't like the attention. I just think it's such a novelty that I don't mind it. People who say that they get so embarrassed by having happy birthdays, I'm like, get go touch grass.
Speaker 2: If that is what embarrasses.
Speaker 3: You, you need to do a shit on the street or something that's truly embarrassing, like.
Speaker 1: I don't know when everyone at the restaurant doings in and you're like, oh, they're all looking at me. I don't know what to do it for me. It's really I don't know what to do with my hands or my I like this, I'll do anyway. I think that over the course of the years that I have known you, we have really put an emphasis on mine and Brute's birthday because it's on the same day, and so it's a bit of a two for one special. And I don't feel as though we've given you enough airtime for your birthdays, and so I want to give you airtime for your birthdays. I want everyone all miss about your birthday. I have ordered you a birthday present. I'm really sorry that I wasn't organized enough that it would be here on time for me to give it to you. But by the time this goes live, you might have it, and I think you'll like it, and I think you have a pretty good idea as to what.
Speaker 2: It might be. I know that has to do with plants.
Speaker 3: Birthdays to me are not And when I say like, I don't care about people singing happy birthday to me in a restaurant. It's not because I want people to make a big deal about me. I often forget how old I am. I sometimes have to type in my date of birth into Google to remember if I'm thirty eight or thirty seven, which Google told me half an hour ago. I'm thirty seven turning thirty eight. When I was twenty six, I had an whole entire year where I thought I was a different age to what I was.
Speaker 2: I thought, how did you party?
Speaker 1: They?
Speaker 3: I thought I was twenty seven, And so I had my twenty six birthday twice because I'd already celebrated my twenty six birthday. And then somebody, when I was seemingly turning twenty seven said to me, you know you're only turning twenty six.
Speaker 2: And I was like, wow, that something happened to me. And I don't know what it was. I have a few theories.
Speaker 3: So anyway, yeah, look, Matt and I are going to go out for dinner. But apart from that, nothing too exciting is happening. We may do a lunch at our house, but that's going to be in mid April, and that is because somebody else is organizing it and I don't have to do anything which is nice. That is the just the birthday celebration, right.
Speaker 1: We spoke about this last year on my birthday, and I think I realized that i'd kind of like I'd said that I wasn't at all a birthday person. But as it turns out, it's just because I've been really disappointed on my birthday before. So maybe I'm met half a birthday person. But I actually I believe you.
Speaker 2: When you say you're not a birthday person.
Speaker 1: But I want you to know that we love you so much and we're very proud of everything you've achieved.
Speaker 2: By the time you're thirty eight, Is this all thirty nine? Who knows? Is this like what you thought life would be like as a thirty eight year old.
Speaker 3: I don't know in terms of like life progression. I'm so happy with where I'm at in life. I'm so grateful for my relationship. I'm so grateful for my children. I'm so grateful for the work that I get to do for my businesses. I never could have thought that my life would be here. And so then sometimes I think when you feel like you have so much to be happy for, you have to downplay that because you, like I understand it. Yeah, and it's such a privilege, and I know I work incredibly hard for the things that I have, But at the same time, like I got fucking lucky in terms of the relationship situation. I know that because I was so unlucky prior to meeting Matt. But maybe that also is a reason why for me now the years, I'm not defined by a birthday year because I'm so grateful that I have someone in my life who makes me feel special all the time.
Speaker 1: Last year, when we did speak about this, someone wrote into us and they had a really good point about this, and they said, I am a birthday person because it is one of the only things that is just about me that we celebrate as an adult. You know, a lot of the other things that we celebrate have to do with relationship success or what.
Speaker 2: Would be deemed as success in little quotation marks.
Speaker 1: And so yeah, I really hope that we can make you feel special on your thirty eighth birthday.
Speaker 2: Guys, you make me feel special all the time.
Speaker 1: Though, I am also very grateful for everyone in the Facebook community for their good recommendations of gifts to get Laura, because Laura, you are the hardest person to buy a gift.
Speaker 2: Don't die anything.
Speaker 1: I actually struggle so much to get you a gift because you're not materialistic.
Speaker 2: But I do want the propagation station.
Speaker 1: Usually not being materialistic is a good thing, but it's really bloody hard when it comes to presents. But you also don't like massages and stuff that could be like an easy just.
Speaker 2: Gift, so I like food.
Speaker 1: I was really hopeful on Friday when I posted in the Facebook group you had I'd seen you that day and you were busy at Tony May and I thought you had shit on for the whole day, so I thought I was safe. I also didn't know how to block a post from someone being able to see it.
Speaker 3: I don't think you can block a post from the person who owns the Facebook page.
Speaker 2: I don't think you care.
Speaker 1: Maybe I could have just blocked you for the day and then you couldn't have seen it. But I did ask for some help about gifts in the Facebook group.
Speaker 2: And you guys came through. Oh yeah, you were good.
Speaker 1: I asked for the other green thumbed goddesses to give me their plant recommendations because I am not a green thumbed goddess.
Speaker 2: Say that three times.
Speaker 3: Quickly, green thumb goddess anyway, only a green thumb goddess, we say fast, we do.
Speaker 2: We do have a gift coming for you.
Speaker 1: I'm really sorry I wasn't organized in time for it to get here, but it is plant related and I think you're gonna love it.
Speaker 3: And I really really enjoyed the enthusiasm. But what I would like you all to know about me is that my obsession for house plants runs so deep.
Speaker 2: At the moment, it is so out of.
Speaker 3: Control that I would say I own ninety nine point nine percent of the things that were suggested in that threat. And that's when it dawned on me that I have a real problem. I was like, I just want to come downstairs on my birthday and I want Matt to have laid out garden soil in the lound room and just started a veggie patch with some all spectrum lights in my laundroom.
Speaker 2: That's what I want, and my entire table to be sprouting. Your kink's are weirds? Sorry? How did we end up here again? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Can I just say that there was one brand that kept on being brought up. I feel so stupid because I've now realized that it's wee the Wild. But for some reason, when I saw that written out as the website, I thought it was wet hey Wild.
Speaker 2: What like wet and wild? Why is it called wet he wild? Wet he Wild?
Speaker 4: And I kept on saying it to myself And it wasn't until like literally two hours had passed and I checked back in on the suggestions and someone had written wee the Wild and I was like, oh wow, I'd in this.
Speaker 2: I don't belong here. This is not my places, are not my people?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Does sound fun?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: Well sign me up, babies, slap it on.
Speaker 3: We wanted to talk about the thing that everybody is talking about this weekend. Well, it's the news that hit the headlines on Saturday and it made so many of us ask the question should we feel bad? Kate Middleton, Princess Catherine. She came out with a public statement on Saturday, which would have been their Friday in the UK, saying that she had cancer and speaking about her cancer diagnosis and the fact that she was undergoing preventative chemotherapy. Now, as you guys all know because we spoke about it on the episode prior, Kate had been missing from public affairs for the majority of this year, and there had been a statement that had been released from the Royal family saying that Kate would not be present for royal duties until Easter due to a planned surgery that was happening on her stomach. Now, that did not stop the rumor mill from running absolutely fucking rafe, and there was so many conspiracy theories. The conspiracy theories had gotten out of control, namely because of the photoshop fail that we all saw happened last week where on Mother's Day in the UK, Kate posted a photo or a photo was obviously she didn't post it of her and the kids and it was then later said by Geddy that it was an AI generated image, it wasn't real, and then all hell broke loose. Now, some of the conspiracy theories that were surrounding this and that really got out of control, were things that maybe William was having an affair, the rumored affair from twenty nineteen was brought back to the surface and that maybe that affair had kicked off again. There were rumors around her health. There was rumors that maybe she had died and they were delaying the announcement of her death because of King Charles being currently undergoing cancer treatment as well.
Speaker 2: There were rumors of surgery.
Speaker 3: There was rumors of eating disorders and bolimia, and that she was having time for stomach surgery because of her bolimia.
Speaker 2: Have I missed anything here? There were a lot of rumors. There were so many we couldn't listen them all.
Speaker 3: Possibly for anybody who saw her videos statement, it was very humanizing to see Princess Kate sit there and speak candidly and say that she's undergoing cancer treatment. And I think for anybody who watched that, it was such an interesting way that she set it up, because the whole setup was thanking people for their kindness and their grace. But anyone who's been across the news cycle for the last couple of weeks knows that there has been zero kindness, zero grace. It has been unrelenting, the memes and the mockery of what it is that she all the reasons why, the fact that she's been missing. I think the really big question here is is how much privacy should be awarded to a family that not only lives off the public dollar, but also whose primary role is public facing, Like that's the big question is how much how much should we be sorry for the fact that there was speculation and the conspiracy theories that followed around Kate's disappearance when so much of what the Royal family gains is because they are public facing.
Speaker 2: I think there are two parts to this.
Speaker 1: I have not made it a secret that I'm not a fan of the Royal family, and I think it's important to acknowledge bias when we have these conversations. And this scenario has made me more solid in that opinion. And I know that there are people who are really going to disagree with me, and I'm okay with that, and I'm also okay that you have different opinions. There are two questions here, and one is do you think that they are entitled to complete privacy? And the other is should we feel guilty about the fact that we spatigate for this speculation or you know, bought into the conspiracy theories or had fun with it that we enjoyed the gossip of it. The first, on the privacy element, for anyone who lives in the public space, I think there's this balancing act of the fact that you are paid by the people, and therefore you should have transparency with them, but there is an element of, well, everyone deserves to be able to keep things private if it's something that's very sensitive and if it's something that they are working through at the time. I think for a normal person undergoing something like a cancer diagnosis, I've actually had this happen in my family, and I'm not going to give too many details, but someone in my immediate family took three months to tell us that they had received a cancer diagnosis, and at the time, that was a really shocking thing for us to hear. It's put a lot of questions about why didn't you tell us what was going on? And those things did end up being answered, and I don't necessarily agree with the answers, but I.
Speaker 2: Had to respect the fact that that's what they wanted to do.
Speaker 1: And a cancer diagnosis is such an individual thing, even though it affects so many people, how everyone processes that information is going to be really specific to the person, and so I normally think that people undergoing something like that are entitled to privacy. But when it becomes a royal member of this institution that is the monarchy, I question whether they traded that in to receive the role that they have. The main part of their job, I would argue, is being public facing. That's kind of what they do now. They don't have as much to do with, you know, ruling Great Britain as what they used to do, so their main job is to kind of bring awareness to certain causes that need them and attend public events and bring eyes to things that need eyes on them.
Speaker 2: And I don't think.
Speaker 1: That they are entitled to the same level of privacy is what other people are. I think that they made that deal with the devil.
Speaker 3: I guess the question though, is is not that they're not entitled to the same level of privacy.
Speaker 2: They don't.
Speaker 3: They don't receive anywhere near the same level of privacy that a normal person would receive.
Speaker 2: That's not even a comparable thing.
Speaker 3: But are they entitled to any privacy, especially when it is a bround something that is so sensitive, like a cancer diagnosis. My belief is yes, I think everybody is entitled no matter how much you've traded with the devil, we are all entitled to some sense of privacy or some sense around timelines of when you are able to talk about the things that's going on in your life. And I guess the question around Kate Middleton is we're expecting not only that she would give us transparency, but that she would be at a state of mind to be able to process what's happening to herself, to be able to also have those conversations with her children and then navigate the public space. I think the place where there's like a lack of empathy and a lack of sympathy for that is that the royal family has the most supposedly incredible pr team around them, the most incredible advisors that help to navigate these very very sensitive situations, so that when you and when I say, when you, when Kate Middleton is in a situation where she is experiencing something that is beyond maybe her comprehension or her ability to be able to reconcile how she feels about it, they're supposed to help guide her within a public space and protect her. And I think we can all agree that that system doesn't work and that that system did not serve to protect her in that instance. You know, the photoshop fail, the lack of conversation, the going underground, all of those things only create groundswell. And because of social media now and the way in which things can become viral, and the way in which conspiracy theories can spread like absolute wildfire. I think that that's where the real problems from. It's almost like not understanding or not realizing the impact it was going to have, or maybe they did realize the impact that it was going to have, that they didn't care enough to stop Kate Middleton from being like the sacrificial lamb in that situation. But I guess, ultimately for me, when I watched that announcement, I felt sad for her. I felt genuinely sad that there is a real woman at the bottom of all of this, the questioning as to whether we are entitled to or not entitled to the conspiracy theories. To me, it felt incredibly sad that there is a real person who has to sit there and explain what's going on in their body and face up to a camera in order to be believed. And even in doing that, they still were people who were like, this looks like AI to me. You know, this has the AI fuzz with some of the comments below the actual video, the announcement video, but for all the conversations we have around body autonomy, around you know, having the right to one's own sense of self. That is undermined in the case when it's someone of such a huge celebrity presence, I e. Kate Middleton, And when we talk about this idea, keish what you said, the trading of your privacy for all the benefits of being public facing, there is that question of okay, well, where is the line? And now I'm not saying that media should be deeply sorry, because I think it's very important to draw a line between what it was that they're poking fun at. The media was not poking fun at Kate Middleton having cancer. They were poking fun at the disappearance and the absolute absurdity of the way in which it was being handled, and that's why it got out of control. So I think that you know the way that it's now flipped in media landscape where everyone's like, we should feel ashamed of ourselves. How dare we jump on the bandwagon of memes. It's almost like that's the product that's created by the disappearance, that's the product that was being fueled.
Speaker 1: I should also make it clear that I feel as though I may have sounded like a bit of a dick when I said that Kate, don't. I do think that she deserves privacy. I'm talking more about the institution of the royal family as a whole. And it's very interesting to me that King Charles is currently going through cancer treatment himself, but we're not talking about that. It's all were talking about where the fuck is Kate. It makes me raise my eyebrows even more. The phrasing of abdominal surgery what part of the.
Speaker 2: Planned abdominal surgery.
Speaker 3: It's very different to so the way in which it was communicated in January. Planned abdominal surgery verse major abdominal surgery doesn't sound like there's a lot of difference, but the inference of that is a lot of difference. It left people wild to make up their own imagination around what was happening.
Speaker 1: Kate is worthy of privacy, but in order for you to obtain that privacy from the public, you have to give them enough clarifications so that adults in the room can go, Okay, there's something going on and right now.
Speaker 2: She needs the space to process that.
Speaker 1: And I don't think that we awarded her that, But I don't think it's our fault, and that's why I don't think that we should feel guilty because the institution that is, the monarchy have worked so hand in hand with the media for generations. They have traded stories, they have the tick of approval of what goes out about them, which pictures are actually posted, and that has existed for so long. But what has changed is that we now critique that. I almost feel as though there's a bit of gas lighting going on here with them saying that you should feel bad about doing this because we've been conditioned to assume that what they're telling us may not necessarily be the truth. But the next thing that I've been thinking about is the amount of people that are coming out saying I feel really bad about the fact I kind of joked about this and I bought into the conspiracies and I had a bit of fun with it, you know, I toyed around with what might actually be going on. Blake Lively even came out and posted something on an Instagram story where she was like, I feel like an idiot and I'm really sorry.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: There have been many celebrities and many normal people that have also kind of said I feel a bit bad for participating.
Speaker 3: Everyone's now in panic stations being like, are we bad people because we subscribe to this conspiracy theory which so many of us did, right, and we did. We spoke about it on Tuesday's episode. You know, we had a laugh about it. We had a laugh about the absurdity of the photoshop fail, as most people did, and in most friendship groups people were talking about, well, what do you think has happened? There is something incredibly humbling that happens when the truth is as simple as I am very, very sick and I need my privacy, and when you hear that being spoken by a woman that is being completely humanized, the royalness was stripped bare. Even the way in which it was filmed, it was very understated. It was a and I don't want to use the word frail because she's not frail, but she's very slight in frame, just a woman sitting there speaking to camera with nobody else around her. Her husband's not there. It was very much just her and the people saying this is what I'm going through. And I guess that that is why now there's been this massive backflip, because it was a plead for humanity almost is how it came across.
Speaker 1: And I question whether you know, so Kate's gotten to the point where she has made this video. Was that because she felt that the collective public harassment was so huge that it was the only way that she could kind of get everyone to fuck off by saying, guys, I'm actually going through cancer, leave me alone and give me some space. Was it because of the public harassment or was it actually because of the multitude of failures by the PR team that worked for the royals? And I think that had the Royal family not put us in a position so many times in the past where they'd breadcrumbed us with information and we were left to put the rest of the pieces together ourselves. Had that not have occurred so many times, I don't think that people would have run as rampant with these conspiracies.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I just feel as though the people who are feeling guilty for this are feeling that way because they're like, oh my gosh, we've pushed her into a corner where she has felt the need to disclose something that she thought was private and that she.
Speaker 2: Didn't want to tell us. She didn't want to tell us that she was going through cancer. That's obvious.
Speaker 1: Other way she would have told us that, and they're feeling guilty because they feel as though they contributed to forcing her into that corner. And I personally don't think it's the public harassment that did that. I think it's the failure of the team that is supposed to protect her in the royal family so many times over. It's not one thing, it's the collection of these things that I think pushed her into this corner, and I think they are more responsible.
Speaker 3: I think ultimately it's not how badly it was handled, but it's how badly she was the one who was left out to dry during a cancer diagnosis, during a chemotherapy treatment. There was no support, there was no protection of her. It was just one instance after another that she became the sacrificial lamb in that whole situation. On one hand, the machine serves them so well and it is a needed product, which is a huge revenue raiser. It is imperative to them that we have a keen interest in the monarchy. It is what keeps that wheel constantly in motion. And I guess the dark side of that is you don't get to shoes when you hop off the bus, even if you should, even if you should be able to say I'm entitled to privacy now, which you are. Unfortunately, the wheels of that bus don't stop moving just because now it is the time to claim privacy. And on a very very very small scale, this happened with britt when she was going through the breakup with Jordan. Now I am not drawing comparisons between Kate Middleton and Brittany Hockley, Please let that be known before someone jumps in our reviews and goes, oh my god, I can't believe. But what I'm saying is you guys might remember britt was going through a breakup with Jordan, and at the time, the media was ferociously reporting around their breakup, and at the time they weren't yet broken up. They were in the phases of a complicated situation of her not knowing what was going on, of her hoping that they were going to be able to resurrect the relationship, and there were some gossip magazines and podcasts who were very much reporting that their relationship was over. And then when she finally came out and said that we'd broken up, it was like a heart we got you moment.
Speaker 2: And the thing that was so hard to I.
Speaker 1: Actually feel further than that, I feel like people literally then reported, see I told you months ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like we had the scoop. Yes, And the problem with that is is, like, and we spoke about it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Britt feels very passionately around the fact that it doesn't matter what scale of celebrity you are, there are always things in life where you're entitled to privacy until the point that you're ready to share that part of your story. Because just like when great things happen, I e. When I was pregnant with Marley, I didn't tell everyone that I was pregnant the day that I pissed on that fucking pregnancy test.
Speaker 2: You know I didn't.
Speaker 3: But it's true though, right, like we choose the moments to share the happy stuff, and we also should be able to choose the moments to share the bad stuff. And the argument during that whole situation was people saying, well, we're invested in your relationships, so we have a right to know. And I think the bigger part here is the faux concern. And that's the same thing for Princess Kate. It's this faux concern about her being, where is she? What have you done with her? We care about her. The reality is, we don't really care about these people, not deeply, not in a sense that we feel like we are friends with them. We're concerned with the gossip. We're concerned with like the water cooler chat around their lives. But at the bottom of it, they're real people, and I do I do question how difficult it must be, even though you've subscribed to it, even though you're brought in, and even though you had a choice to join that royal family, how hard it must be as a mother and as an individual in times of great family distress and trauma, to navigate the public side of it, and to be able to satiate the unsatiable needs of the public audience, whilst also protecting your three children who didn't choose.
Speaker 2: They just grew up in it.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, at this time, for accidentally unfiltered guys, you're embarrassing stories.
Speaker 2: They're my favorite bit.
Speaker 3: Please send them in. You need to send them in. If you have a humiliating story, that thing, that thing that happened to you that you have been saying you're never gonna speak about. You just want it to go and stick your head in the sand and just die. Tell us and we'll share it and we can all laugh about it. Because when you claim and reclaim that thing that makes you embarrassed, you can no longer be embarrassed by it. Okay, This one reads I got a woop band a few weeks ago.
Speaker 2: In it, it's a woop band. It's that fitness band that measures everything. It measures your sleep, It measures your like a garment.
Speaker 1: It's kind of more than that. There's a word strain, strain. It measures and it tells you, like what percentage you need to recover.
Speaker 2: It's a strain, like what strain you've put on your body.
Speaker 3: It frightens me. I do not want to know. Why would I want to know how close I am to death?
Speaker 1: Because data can be good for some people, No tracking it can be good.
Speaker 2: That to me sounds anxiety riddling. I really want one. Matt.
Speaker 3: Matt has a garment and when he's asleep, every so often the light would just turn on because something will have happened. And then I get blinded by the light in the middle of the night and he's just fucking happily sleeping, get in his rams and there I am getting blasted.
Speaker 2: This one doesn't have a screen, so at least you'd be more approving of a whoop How do you what do you do? You go on line check it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's like to your phone to the APPA.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it is important to the story.
Speaker 1: I got a whoop band a few weeks ago, and in an effort to encourage each other, my whole workplace decided to add each other.
Speaker 2: On the app.
Speaker 1: I've only worked at this company for a few months, and I'm close with some people, but not so close with others.
Speaker 2: Our whoop data has become.
Speaker 1: A real topic of chat in the office, something that we are all bonding over. Fast forward to last Saturday night, when I'd been to the gym in the morning and I'd gone out for some drinks with some friends in the evening. I ended up hooking up with a hot guy that night, and we were going at it for hours and hours. We barely had any sleep. Fast forward to Monday morning, when the whole group of us were in the office and we were catching up about our weekends when my CFO turns to me and said, interesting, time to.
Speaker 2: Be doing yoga for eighty six minutes.
Speaker 1: I'd forgotten that my whoop bend had been on my wrist, and it just assumes the type of activity that you're doing based off of previous data. Now my entire office knows that particular session had me at sixty to seventy percent of my max heart rate.
Speaker 2: Oh, she could have put in more effort than couldn't she eighty six minutes?
Speaker 1: Why does she haven't linked for everyone to see. I don't understand, because you can do that with Apple and garment like share because it's meant to encourage, because people are competitive.
Speaker 2: Why do people care how much sleep you're getting.
Speaker 1: It's a competition, mate, of who's getting the most recovery.
Speaker 2: We're all fighting it out for who's the most ultimate human. I hate this. I hate this as because you wouldn't do well at it.
Speaker 1: I can tell you it would not be clocking up eighty six minutes of yoga for me.
Speaker 2: It was a good seven yoga session that they'll look at mine.
Speaker 3: It all just look like I'm in sleep, just laying there in missionary that like Lauris left that had a slightly elevated heart rate.
Speaker 2: Good dream. Ah.
Speaker 3: Oh guys, if you have an accellent, unfilled story, send them on into the DMS at Life Uncut podcast and it is time for suck and sweet pops, what is your suck?
Speaker 1: My suck is so incredibly niche and I haven't actually checked whether it's like, okay, I share this story. But the other day I was scrolling through Instagram and my boyfriend was sitting next to me, and at one point he kind of like really concerningly, went why are you looking at that?
Speaker 2: And I was like what? And he's like, why are you looking at that?
Speaker 1: And it was just a shot like a sponsored ad on Instagram and it was for like a brand of clothing or something.
Speaker 2: And I was like why, what.
Speaker 1: Do you mean, like huh? And he goes show me and I showed him and he was.
Speaker 2: Like oh, and he kind of acted a little bit weird.
Speaker 1: And after a while I was like, why are you so concerned about what I'm looking at on Instagram?
Speaker 2: Was a sponsored ad?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Is so strange? Turns out the model in it was his ex girlfriend.
Speaker 2: And now now because I.
Speaker 1: Aged with that, fucking oh my god, how are we gotten to this part of the episode and you're only telling me there're so hot?
Speaker 2: Do you remember?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, do you remember when I told you about how I bought the invisible zinc invisible zinc, and I brought it home and Matt was like, what like the same thing, like kind of and the girl the model he dated before me, like some like super famous model, and I would just bought.
Speaker 1: It because I was like, oh, I was just trying to keep some stages, trying to protect yourself from the damaging effects of the sun, and now your relationship is damaged. I'm now being reminded as well because the product's there in my bathroom and there's her beautiful face, her beautiful, non sun damaged face that I want to look like because I bought the product that she looked good, she's great. Well, now it seems as though this girl, and I'm so sorry she listened to the podcast, how embarrassing for you. You're a fucking beautiful human being, in which I hate obviously naturally good for you, but you did sell the clothes bad for me.
Speaker 2: She pops up all the time.
Speaker 1: Now on my sponsored ads, I've actually screenshot six of them, six separate.
Speaker 2: Do you send them?
Speaker 3: Do you send them to toblerone or do you just screenshot them for your own sort of like torture.
Speaker 1: I send them to brit You can send them to me now, and what is your sweet for the week. My sweet for the week is very wholesome. Speaking of my boyfriend, this is really insular this week. He's a really good cook, and often that kind of pisses me off because he's a better cook than I am.
Speaker 2: But every now and then I get to enjoy the fruits of the labor.
Speaker 1: And the other night he made dinner for his friends and I and on my job, we made a tira massu from scratch, and my job was to whip the cream.
Speaker 2: I don't have a what's the cooking appliance that.
Speaker 1: You need to like pot, a kitchen master or something who has whipped cream.
Speaker 2: I had to do it by hand. I did it with my arm. And now about pa think about how grandparents used to survive. I don't need to think about it. I did do it. Keisha's out there washing her clothes on a stove by the river. So he he made this beautiful dinner.
Speaker 1: But I contributed to a really, really delicious tiramisu. And I'm enjoying the things at the moment that are like I'm really trying to seek joy out of the process of things.
Speaker 2: And I felt so fucking accomplished that.
Speaker 1: I did not use one electronic appliance other than the Oh no, wait, we'd use the fridge. What did you heat it with? Just a campfire out the back? You just like say, in the fridge, right, so you used a fridge. Yeah, I used a fridge than that. Set it in front of the air conditioner. Oh, that's also an appliance. No, I don't have any. But anyway, I had a really, really beautiful dinner, and it was kind of just that reminder that, you know, sometimes doing things the old school weight can make you feel, can make you feel the little dopamine surge that I've been seeking. There's nothing better than like when you put something together or you do something on your own and you're like, I'm capable, Like I can make a bunk bed.
Speaker 2: I felt so accomplished the lady. It was whip cream. I'm proud of you. All Right, mine suck for the week.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to get into a rant because I have ranted about it so many times.
Speaker 2: Takeisha, this is this is worthwhile of a rant. No, he's a dick. It's okay. I hate him, I hate him, I hate him.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I got a fine on the weekend guys. And I'm not proud of it, but I got a fine. I had Buster off leash about we were like four houses down from my house. I live on a hill, and Buster, being nine years old and having three legs, he struggles these days, especially when it's hot. Man, he's he is not the young, sprightly boy that he used to be. So we were coming up our hill heading towards our house and I'd taken him off leash, and a fucking ranger he like pulls up his car, he gets out and he goes, oh, I know you, and he was you know, the whole interaction was shit. It was just a terrible, terrible interaction. And part of me was like, I know the rules, and this is not me seeking any sort of like special treatment. But I'm like, man, we're four houses from our house and he is an old dog with three legs who cannot get up the hill.
Speaker 1: Like I have some empathy for the poor thing. Sorry, dogs do deserve space. Like he's to say, We're like, let he's doing his best. I'm just trying to provide a good quality of life for the poor guy, Okay. But also I kind of was like everybody has to do a job. And this is not me shitting on rangers who ninety nine point nine percent of the time do an exceptional job and their services are very very required.
Speaker 2: To keep things. You know, what's the word just? Is it cordial? Cordially?
Speaker 3: I just disagree with you whatever, But this incident I thought was so unreasonable. It was so unreasonable, and it was so following rules for the sake of following rules. Anyway, That was my situation. Is it relatable. No, is somebody going to be like, bro, you did the wrong thing and you deserve a fine. Absolutely? Was it a fucking suck for my week? Yes, so that is my suck, my sweet for the week. However, is that yesterday we had such a good day with the girls. There was like all these sweet activations down at Bondi Beach. We took the kids. They got to do like pluster, fun house shit for free. It was just it was a free activation. They went and destroyed some sand castles that were on the beach and they had the most amazing time. And every so often when you have nothing on your plate and you are able to just like clock in with your kids and they go and do really sweet things that you can tell really fills their cup. I was like, oh, I'm loving this and I had a really nice time. And then it ended with Matt going and watching Idol and us sitting on the couch watching Britt on TV. And it was a fucking good.
Speaker 2: Sunday raging about the dog ranger. I did rage. I've raged a bit. I told you should send an email.
Speaker 3: I did send an email. Anyway, guys, that is it from us. Go and watch Brite on. I'm a celebrity, Please vote. It is going to be like honestly, it is up to us to keep her in the competition, and if she ends up being crowned Queen of the Jungle, it's because we did it.
Speaker 2: We made it happen. I mean actually, though, because.
Speaker 1: You've taken over her Instagram account, which is a lot of trust to put in a friend.
Speaker 2: I don't know how i'd feel about giving someone to log us to my social media. Oh no, we'll talk about that on Thursday.
Speaker 1: I've found some stuff, you know, the drill, Tell your mom, tell you, don't tell you dot, tell your friends and share the love because we love Blah Bob member