Speaker 1: Laura, come on, we are we are still absolutely high.
Speaker 2: We did our We're on our live show tour all around Australia.
Speaker 1: Its Perth.
Speaker 2: Last night, Berth was absolutely amazing. We've got Sydney this Sunday with Rebel Wilson as.
Speaker 1: A special guest.
Speaker 2: It's what a time to beer, you know.
Speaker 1: The adrenaline still pumping through my.
Speaker 3: Day last year. A few girls on stage. Can I just praise you too for a second. You were so good And if you're thinking, what the hell are these three idiots going on about every afternoon, it's basically what we do on this pickup you guys do on stage. You've got great guests like you guys are so great up there.
Speaker 4: So proud of you.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you.
Speaker 2: Because Mitch is opening our show. He's open, he's like the comedy stand up. Oh yeah yeah, and it's we had a few plauses for you last night.
Speaker 3: A few left, everyone went crazy. It was bizarre when I walked off stage and then.
Speaker 1: We came on and they were like, oh here we go. What are we in for now?
Speaker 2: No, you're absolutely brilliant and thank you for funny you say that, thank you for that compliment, those words of affirmation.
Speaker 1: I want to talk to you guys about love languages.
Speaker 5: We've spoken about love languages in relationships plenty of times.
Speaker 2: It's not going to be about relationships. It's about something else. How you about it after the break?
Speaker 4: Okay, that's next here at the pickup.
Speaker 3: If you don't know your love language, because many people don't, I think this would be good for them to.
Speaker 1: Learn, right, absolutely, yeah, I'm going to blow your mind.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's next.
Speaker 1: No, I love love. I'm a big fan of love. Doesn't now, I have no doubt.
Speaker 2: Almost everyone in the car listening right now, wherever you are, I have heard of the five love languages. The love languages in a relationship. They from They came from an author, Gary Chapman. He had his best seller called The Five Love Languages. You wouldn't have thought it was groundbreaking, but still to this day, it's what people people live by relationship.
Speaker 1: People in relationship, you talk about it.
Speaker 2: You figure out each other's love language to ensure you have the strongest, best relationship you can have.
Speaker 5: It's all about like how you receive and show love. Right, there's different ways how you might want to want to receive that love and how you might be showing it to your partner.
Speaker 1: That's what's important to you.
Speaker 2: So I'm talking things like quality time, words of affirmation, We've got gifts, you've got physical touch. So it's how you thrive in a relationship and what means the most to you. Yeah, so these love languages has been translated to the workplace to ensure that you're getting the most out of your relationships at work. So it is words of affirmation, which is like praise, quality time, tangible gifts.
Speaker 1: Appropriate physical touch. So physical touch like a high five.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I want to know what it is, like a like a fist pump maybe, Like.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: And then of course there's acts of service, you know, like maybe pitching in if you're on a deadline, or like project helping someone out running an errand like quality time.
Speaker 5: Though in a workplace, is this like going for like after work drinks or something and spend time with your colleagues that you're going to feel.
Speaker 1: That you're team building activities and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hold on because here at the Pickup, right, we all work together. The three of us do our show live every afternoon. But then we also have our executive producer, producer Tony.
Speaker 2: You spend the most time with Mitch, Laura and myself out of anyone in existence.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Essentially, my job is to manager guys ggos, which is a big job.
Speaker 2: Like it's a big job to manage the three of us from the outskirts. Have you noticed any specific love languages from the three of us?
Speaker 1: I use them every day with the three of you. You have very specific love languages.
Speaker 5: You make us sound like children, like you have to pander to us just like little babies.
Speaker 1: She does, she does, she fits.
Speaker 4: I mean, Fritz, what's Brits? Do Britz love language? It work?
Speaker 8: Yeah, So it's funny how we talked about like, you know, appropriate physical charge.
Speaker 1: You love inappropriate physical Dutch.
Speaker 8: You love, you love massages and cuddles like I I know if your sense if I sent you a little bit off, I'll go over and be like, h just gonna cuddle odly in on your head.
Speaker 2: Yeah close, that is true, Like a little there's nothing better and more comforting than when you're not feeling well. And you know those like you get big circular backroub. You know how someone rubs your back like that. That's so calm.
Speaker 3: We host a radio show. You're not a sick child. You don't need a lemonade.
Speaker 1: I still get down sometimes you.
Speaker 4: Do, Okay, all right, So that's pretty touch.
Speaker 8: And then laws yours is actually kind of like it's like tangible gifts.
Speaker 1: Now I say that, but it's actually just you love a a sausage roll of This is true. I don't actually like gifts at all, but I like food.
Speaker 4: Gift. It's a I wish you.
Speaker 3: Could just see before during the songs, Laura has a box of shapes chicken crimpies, and she was licking this flavor off in the song I gave her.
Speaker 4: My god, you're so good at your job.
Speaker 1: Tony's like, we need a great efficient show today. Let's be real.
Speaker 5: They're very Moorish and if you give someone a chicken crempy, they're going to have to keep on snacking.
Speaker 8: There's no more because I think I know what is kind of like words of affirmation, but it's actually I don't use words with you. If I sense your down, I just need a big laugh at one of your jokes.
Speaker 2: Yes, it needs to be a big laugh. I did we laugh crying. I shed a tear in some stuff there's.
Speaker 4: Fake tears, you're putting eye drops in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, mit, you know what actually like because we all love it. I think we all do that if we know, especially because this year you've gone through a breakup. If we know you're in a down mood, we quickly say it and then you walk in the door and you're like, hey, guys, we're like that.
Speaker 1: We don't mit. It's all authentic, only the real deal here.
Speaker 4: I thought this was a real friendship we all have it is.
Speaker 1: That's what a real friend would do. They would fake laugh at you.
Speaker 4: Don't.
Speaker 1: Tea.
Speaker 5: I also feel like we're just using this now to manipulate each other to get the best working environment possible.
Speaker 1: You can use it in your own workplace.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I think we need to put a disclaimer on about my touch level at work. But besides that, anyway, bosses are listening to anyone.
Speaker 4: Let us keep our jobs.
Speaker 3: Next on the show, we had a bit of an argument the three of us in the middle of an airport. Me, Britt and Laura got into a major argument over what I can only describe as a moral conundrum.
Speaker 2: Never be more embarrassing my life, all.
Speaker 4: Right, that's next on the pickup.
Speaker 5: I have a story for you guys, and now you both are going to have different opinions on this. So at the moment, we are spending so much time together. Now, we got off the plane recently and we were going.
Speaker 1: Through the airport.
Speaker 5: Everything was a fluster, but we were all very hungry, and we stopped. Do you know what story I'm getting out?
Speaker 4: Humane? I feel like you are and I feel this is a setup.
Speaker 5: We're all a little bit hungry. So we walked up to this cafe and I ordered my sandwich and Britt ordered her sandwich, and then Mitch ordered his sandwich. And he's chatting away and he's not paying attention. He's barely talking to the lady who is at the shopping sittant who's getting the sandwiches on a big flight. I was tired, but you were not paying attention. You flipping your your card around anyway. She puts their force machine down and Mitch just swings around pay passes, and then the shop assistant goes, oh my god, I'm sorry, sir, sir. She's trying to get your attention, sir. You just paid for their meal. Mitch accidentally paid for the entire meal of the family that was standing next to him.
Speaker 1: Now, this is a lovely family. They look like they've been on.
Speaker 5: Their very first holiday ever out of their small town, and they were like Mitch. His response to that wasn't Oh my god, I've made a mistake. He turns to the family and he says, oh, I've.
Speaker 1: Just paid for your meal.
Speaker 5: Understandably, they think Mitch is saying I've just paid for your meal willingly, and so they then react to this and they're so grateful.
Speaker 1: They're like, oh, mate, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: That's me on the shoulder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at which point I think it's important to note here the meal was thirty nine dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my rap was eight.
Speaker 2: Your trap was included in that price. That was the total prices and yours.
Speaker 1: So that has just happened, right.
Speaker 5: This man is so grateful because Mitch has led him to be grateful for the fact of the kind generosity to pay it forward moment. And then Mitch turns around and says, oh, no, no, sorry mate, not like that. Excuse me, can you refund me?
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: I don't know the thing was because he thought he was on some Ellen hidden camera.
Speaker 4: Pay it Forward TikTok.
Speaker 1: Would you think that.
Speaker 4: Well, because I'm a radio presenter, I'm natural bubbly.
Speaker 2: No, because you turned to him and said, I just paid for your lunch, because nothing.
Speaker 1: Else after it.
Speaker 4: He said, what's the issue? And I went after, just paid for your meal. But I said it in the wrong way anyway. I turned to the attendant and I said, can you please? Can you please?
Speaker 1: You didn't even say to the guy, I said, can you.
Speaker 4: Please process a refund? And she did and I just and he paid for his own life.
Speaker 5: Mit, your literal job is speaking. So when you say I just said it the wrong way, it doesn't fly as much as what it might for other people.
Speaker 1: I think this is was terrible.
Speaker 4: What time? What's tide?
Speaker 3: Do you want?
Speaker 2: Bre I love you dearly, but I've never been more mortified in my life. And I think in that moment, with how many lunches I've brought you over the years, that you should have paid it forward. I think you should have bought their lunch for them. I haven't seen so much disappointment on their poor faces in a long time. You set them up and then you pulled the carpet out from under their feet. You're like I got your lunch sight.
Speaker 4: Do you think I'm made of money? They look so think I'm Warren Buffett or Gina rein Hard. I'm not made of cash, thank you very.
Speaker 1: Much, need to be. It's more just look you could have handled it differently.
Speaker 2: Also with how much stuff you steal from work, like cartons and milk and cereals like.
Speaker 1: Also save money. How expensive is this handbag right here?
Speaker 4: Well that's my work bag and I saved up for that. Oh it was on sale.
Speaker 1: How much is the T shirt you're wearing? You're like expensive things you could have paid.
Speaker 4: These are relevant.
Speaker 3: Producer Tony out there in the phone room has pulled the office right or wrong?
Speaker 4: What's what's the stance? Where are we at? Because I'm stressed the.
Speaker 8: Office records you should have it and paid it forward.
Speaker 1: Bye, that's a pretty good stand.
Speaker 5: That's a big It was so embarrassing, mish, But you know what made do you know? The lesson here is if you're ordering something at a cafe, get off your phone for two seconds.
Speaker 4: I apologize to Nancy and Gavin.
Speaker 1: Next up. Okay.
Speaker 5: Earlier this week we spoke about poorly timed injuries. I want to know when have you hurt yourself at the most inconvenient time.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll take your calls next on the pickup.
Speaker 5: Earlier this week, I told you all about an injury I sustained.
Speaker 1: It was a terrible, terrible injury. We were walking through the airport.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you haven't heard, we're on our Life Uncut live show tour at the moment, Britt and I heading through the air airport, heading to the security desk. Brit not paying any attention, idly on her phone, just with her ridiculously heavy and very very very metal shaped case. She rolled it straight up over my ankles.
Speaker 1: I hit the deck. I was wailing around down on the ground.
Speaker 5: It was very embarrassing, and I'm still waiting for an apology, which I'm never ever ever going to get.
Speaker 2: Because it was a fabricated, exaggerated story I've ever heard in my life.
Speaker 1: It really hurt me. It made it difficult to walk. I had to do a live show that night.
Speaker 5: I was hobbling around on stage in my stilettos. But honestly, I wanted to know when have your when have you ever injured yourself? And it has been so inconvenient, so poorly timed, and look, I thought my story was bad, but actually it's pretty fine.
Speaker 3: We got some stories away, some crazy ones. We've got a five hundred dollars chemistware house gift cart up for grabs. Danielle, What happened when? What was the poly timed injury?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 6: I went out for a special dinner. It was our first I think I was about seventeen, and I leant in for my first kid with my first boyfriend. And I thought we were a boyfriend and girlfriend at the time, but it was just new and I leant in for the first kiss and he moved away and I fell on the ground, ended up with a broken roost, and ended up in plaster.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm actually we're playing this in my head like a scene out of a movie.
Speaker 1: This is really embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Why did you pull away because he didn't want to kiss you, because you weren't in fact girl friend?
Speaker 6: Well I thought that it was. I think there was more in it than I thought, and we didn't end up being boyfriend and girlfriend, and I ended up looking like a clown on the ground, and he sort of moved away from me and thought, this lady is a bit weird. All this girl's a bit weird.
Speaker 1: And we just met.
Speaker 6: We've been out a couple of times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm one to be honest, I know, Ma, it's a bit weird.
Speaker 1: That you're on a date. You go for to make and she.
Speaker 3: Broke their hand on a date because he pulled away. Yeah, and I'm on his side, you Tina. Hello, what was your polly placed injury?
Speaker 7: We had a flashy work party Christmas party dinner, so I thought I could and get my hair all done, make up professionally done. When I went to the shopping center, had it done, walked back up to the car and it had started to rain by this dage, so I rushed a little so I wouldn't ruin it. Got to the car, realized I'd forgotten my earrings, so rushed back in, but a little too fast, slipped on the car out in the car park on the big white painted arrow. One leg went one way, one went the other way, and I broke my kneecap in the split. And yes, so in front of everyone, the trolley boy, everyone rain.
Speaker 1: No Christmas party with your hair and makeup done? You were so good at the hospital.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that ambulance would have been glamorous.
Speaker 7: In hospital for five days, a couple of operations, and I missed out.
Speaker 4: Tina's getting a congratulation box at Chemi's way House.
Speaker 6: Thank you, thank you so.
Speaker 5: Much, You're so welcome. At least you don't need any advantages or anything for your knee. Hopefully it's all right.
Speaker 7: I'll be I'll be much more careful this Christmas party.
Speaker 4: Yeah, watch out for white arrows. That'ssage. I'm all right. We're going to go home now