Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast Golden's gold one oh four point three gold.
Speaker 2: Will the rest of the world.
Speaker 3: What goes on in this hour stays in this hour.
Speaker 2: Even the boss doesn't listen.
Speaker 3: Golden Gods, Golden Goddesses and Golden Pets. Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Shows Golden Hour.
Speaker 2: Good morning, It's the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. Tuesday morning is two minutes past six, Show number one hundred and forty three, one hundred and forty three for us, I'm in agony right now. My right hip is on fire.
Speaker 4: Not that golf lesson last time? Ye, what's there? Really?
Speaker 2: It really was, who's trying to re teach me how to my mankey? In consistent and trying to learn how to play golf at the moment. Maybe a bad idea in your forties to take up one of the most technical, complicated, infuriating sports around, But I keep going back for more. And so yesterday there was a key part that I didn't understand. It's to start the golf swing a bit where you just take it away and put it back over your shoulder. As he was trying to groove in, as they said, groove in a new way of doing it, and it was taking ages. So he's been a whole hour just on this one. Like ten percent golfers will know this the backswing and that this is the take a while. I was working on for an hour non stop, the takeaway and twisting it round. And I'm in agony today. That right hip is killing me.
Speaker 4: Golfers hip, golf is hip.
Speaker 2: I think they do call it that. You're right?
Speaker 4: Did they really have made that up?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And noticed that he gave me yesterday some old club He said, hey, because I don't have any clubs at the moment, you know, and I'm playing again seven am Saturday morning, and he said, EGO, have this. This will help. It's a driver. Okay. You know, if you've not too familiar with golf, you see them when they first get the big old ones out and they will whack that ball or I try to whack that ball. And I went home yesterday evening and I was going, I said, someone said something down a side here, something flex. I wonder what that means, And so I had to look on the side of it, right, and the shaft of a golf club on the the big drivers. The flex the stiffer it is, the further it will go. So when you knew it's very flexible to help you get it up in the.
Speaker 4: Air, it's kind It's not about distance, it's about.
Speaker 2: Getting it up. You think, oh, I'm hitting it okay. It's good for your confidence, and it's that they're they're ranked for your ability and also for your age. The one he gave me, which he didn't say anything about, right, he said, ideal for a woman or pensioner. I'm a forty five year old man. Ideal for a woman or pensioner. That's where my golf game is. The moment I thought the lesson went well yesterday I got home, I was just like, wow, I don't know. Maybe I should pick up the ukulele something that's a bit easier. So that's why I am right now. Anyway, I thought, you're the next half. For now. There'll be loads of people listening right now who've got various ongoing aches. Let's open up the phones now, see if we can form our classic listener human skeleton with who's got various aches and pains right now? Who's nursing some kind of injury? Might be one on the weekend. But right now, if you got a body part that is really really playing up, have you two got anything to donate? So it's my right hip.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna good as got the nurse.
Speaker 5: You're young and fit.
Speaker 2: He's drinking at the moment, so you know she's got that glow about her asking the pain.
Speaker 5: I've always got that psiatica that's always there, never goes away.
Speaker 2: Why don't you get that scene to you?
Speaker 5: I do, I go to the physio. It just flares up every now and again.
Speaker 2: Scientisic is supposed to be agony.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So that's my left hip again.
Speaker 2: Oh we were balanced out, aren't Well, it's my right hip. You're left hip. We are good to go for the next four hours. Don't worry. Stick with us. We'll keep you going. This morning, the're walking wounded like a scene from the Great Wall. Hi, give us a call, then, what's your injury? This morning? You can see we can form a skeleton, the human skeleton with your various aches and pains right now nine four one four one oh four three nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So this morning, do you have an ache? Do you have a pain? You don't even really notice these once you get over thirty suddenly it's just going to bed. I mean, when you wake up in the morning, something mysterious happens to your body. Dur other night you wake up in a worse state than when you went to bed. Something that. How can lying down lying still some a'll be bad for me as well? Ah, what has happened through the night. Pixie's broken in and kick the crap out of me? Why is such a bad way from sleeping? So if you have an your pain this morning, we're seeing with our aches and pains my right hip from a golf lesson yesterday. Patsy with a poor old sciatica is on the left side. We're trying to Jack's at the whiteboard right now in the studio and is going to try and make a human body with your various donated aches and pains. Nine four one four one oh four three is the number if you want to donate a part of your body. Let's first all go to Bridget. Good morning Christian, Hi guys, Good morning Bridget. Welcome to the show. Bridget what's injured? Where's your ache?
Speaker 6: My right shoulder?
Speaker 2: Right shoulder? And then why is that knackered bridget What have you been up to?
Speaker 6: Mate?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 6: I own a coffee machine, a cafe which has a big coffee machine, so pumping out all those.
Speaker 2: Coffee, right, I see, because with the coffee machine, it's a it's a noisy old beast to use that. You got that the thing with the handle, that always noisy thing is and then the drawer you're slamming that drawer and.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's that's the group.
Speaker 6: And then you got the grinder. Yep, that's it making coffees for all you people and you And so I'm not in Melbourne. I'm in a Victoria a couple of hours away.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, how are you listening to us?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 9: Well, I am.
Speaker 6: I have that appened? I just down stream you guys every morning. That's I started five thirty in the morning. So I can't wait till six o'clock for some decent radio to come one.
Speaker 2: Who do you listen to?
Speaker 6: And also I'm Sally. I'm Sally who won last week Harry Matt Sally.
Speaker 2: You know what I got into so much trouble for doing that? I got into so much. My wife said, I don't really think that was right what you did with that?
Speaker 6: Really? What about me? I got into trouble too.
Speaker 2: Do you know what to do? The last show this year? I'm going to do it all over again and then run out the door my partner.
Speaker 6: My partner said to me, he's going away and he wants a copy of us.
Speaker 2: It's still living on. A week later.
Speaker 6: This is a week later, still the dream is still living on. And in a small cowke Arah I had I was actually doing that live and there was people in the coffee shop. What was going on?
Speaker 2: Oh that is so great, Bridget. I love to talk to you again as well. A great so there was it was a right shoulder.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, let's get back to that.
Speaker 2: Yes, the right shoulder. What's the name of your cafe?
Speaker 6: My cafe is called Seed Cafe?
Speaker 2: You know what? Could you should rename it? You people, have a good day at the restaurant. Okay, the cafe? Thanks for calling mate, Thank you Bridge.
Speaker 10: Thanks guys.
Speaker 2: I love that from last week when Harry met Study got us some trouble off the boss, the sales team, my wife, James, good.
Speaker 11: Morning, Good morning there, Christian, how are we going.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good, mate, I hope you well this morning. So it's your left shoulder.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yes, this is my left shoulder for me.
Speaker 2: What have you done to it?
Speaker 11: Oh, let's just say, uh, probably about three years ago. Okay, I just met my lovely partner Emma, and we thought, well, you know, I turned back, turned back the clock of time and do a bit of roller skating and see and I was a little twenty three years younger, one hundred kilos lighter, and yeah, I had a serious fall more left shoulder. Yeah, a couple of years on the keyhole surgery and just the plane was still there. But it was mate, tonight at work, Yeah, it just it's just explerted. I just fainted a lovely lady. Before I'm going home, I'm gonna put some minds. So I'm gonna put some jel and hope we get rid of for work later on tonight.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, boogie Knights. You know it's a topical reference. It's a it's a tough one to get sympathy for, isn't it an old roller skating?
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's what I was doing, the old backwards thing. And I thought I was going very well until yeah, I'll just going too quick. The tune back.
Speaker 12: Around, So got it all right?
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. James, do you have a good day look after this? Put some ice on it you too, Thank you, Thank you. Should we do a phone in one day simply called let's just say all right then? Have you got any more aches and pains for us? Give us a call? Nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Men's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So this morning we're trying to form our own human body made up of your aches and pains right now. So Jack, you'll live at the Whiteboar Jack as the artist and musician in residents on the show. Jack, what have we got so far?
Speaker 4: We're well balanced. Actually we got both hips from you and Patsy, and then both shoulders from Bridget and James. So we're injured, but at least evenly.
Speaker 2: Nothing on the bottom half of the body, yep, or on the head either. Nine four one four one four three. Good morning, Deadly Dave is on the line, Deadly Dave. What I can make everything for me? What's what's sacred? That's what we should have called this? Just great idea Dave. I used that Dave. Hello, mate, and what's up with you? What's aching?
Speaker 13: A year ago? I had a tree fall on me.
Speaker 2: Now I'm not laughing at obviously, you know it could have been a lot worse. But what happened? When? Did? Were you chopping it down?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 13: I was actually in my panics at home with the wife and a ten meter branch from a tree calm down hit me on the head, neck and shoulder. It knocked me out. Watch that hospital and I had total shoulder reconstruction surgery.
Speaker 2: Wow. So there have been a storm or some of that choppy weather you get in Melbourne. You know sometimes its gonna be boiling hot forty degrees. Then suddenly got a storm.
Speaker 13: No, it was a lovely calm day of the sun was out, no wind. I've just got probably ten or fifteen acres of gun trees in my property and it just come down.
Speaker 2: Wow. All right, well let's put your reconcert. So have you still got pins in your shoulder?
Speaker 13: No? I had key or surgery. But I'm a little bit older than New York fifty six. It's just takes a long long time to heal.
Speaker 2: Was so amazing other stuff that it can do with this keyhole surgery. Now, I didn't know. I know they can do it for knees and stuff like that and knee reconstruction. I didn't know they do the same for shoulders. Yeah.
Speaker 13: Well the other shoulder done two years previous as well.
Speaker 12: So it's really buggered.
Speaker 14: Me up because I live on a farm as well.
Speaker 2: How do they think how do you think that the surgeons practice keyholes surgery because it's so precise and with that game operation or does and I actually go through a keyhole and they're trying to thread it through there and go when you can do the keyhole keyhole surgery, then we'll let you loose on actual live human deady day. Thank you very much and cool. We have a good day, Shane. Good morning, Good morning, Shane morning crew. Oh are we Yeah? We're good Shane. I hope you're well this morning, buddy. And what body part aches for you this morning? What's aching that left me?
Speaker 11: I had a surfing ex of it when I was eighteen, dropped in on a wave, fell down and smashed the may.
Speaker 12: On the board, broke the board in half. Four operations later and last operation three pins put in the knee.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I didn't know that you could actually add something like that could happen, that you could actually drop down on the suburb with such a force you'd break it in half. I thought any sharks could do that to the boards.
Speaker 15: I come down with such force and yeah, straight on the board and he broke it.
Speaker 2: So how old are you now? How many years ago? Is was? When you were eighteen?
Speaker 12: I'm forty two now.
Speaker 2: That's what It's still in a bad way.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it plays up every now and then.
Speaker 14: I know when the rain's coming because and they starts twitching.
Speaker 2: You should be on weather Man from Shane's knee. Weather now, Shane, what's its same? No, you're right mate.
Speaker 4: How what are we looking like today?
Speaker 2: Shane? Yeah, what's the knee saying?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 12: No, and it's all right today?
Speaker 11: But it should be right.
Speaker 12: It might Ryan, but then they'll start twitching.
Speaker 2: Do you know what we have to check in with you as a weather reporter Shane's knee? How do we get on weather? We've got a listener's knee who lets us know.
Speaker 4: How we could do reverse weather. So Shane, when it starts twitching, you call the show. Yes, we're still on there, We'll go eight. That's it pull the washing in.
Speaker 2: Rain today, take your umbrella, get a jacket on today it's going to rain. And what happens to the knee when the rain's coming? Does it starts to eight beforehand?
Speaker 12: You can feel it.
Speaker 15: It starts to twitch a little bit, it starts to ache little bit.
Speaker 14: So yeah, you know when the cold weather's coming, and.
Speaker 12: A bit of round as well.
Speaker 2: Probably it's not that you know what I just on the first time I've heard that people who've had like broken bones and they reckon they know when bad weather's coming.
Speaker 4: How it's a good one for our smarter than Google on Thursday hotly, Yeah, definitely, all right, Shane, thank you very much, buddy, have a good day.
Speaker 11: Thanks guys.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three on.
Speaker 2: This day, mystery on this day, all right, on this day and mystery we go back in time today February the nineteenth. Back in twenty ten, jimber Tiger Woods, when it would appear that Tiger Woods's time management was pretty amazing. Now only had he been the world's greatest golfer, playing in tournaments all over the world, he had friends all over the world as well.
Speaker 4: But he was in Melbourne when it all started to unravel. Oh really, yeah he was what was he playing the president like the.
Speaker 5: Was it the President's Cup something something like that, but it.
Speaker 2: Would have been it's obviously at the end of this year. But yeah, back in twenty ten on this day in history for the nineteenth was when he did the televised, rambling fourteen minute speech begging for forgiveness from his wife. If I was saying, maybe this is between you two, not millions of us watching on TV, no sounding it with us chat to the wife. So it was, but it really happened in November was when do you remember? I remember as soon a radio show for the BBC we had to interrupt it for coverage. It looked like he just crashed his car in his own driveway, right.
Speaker 4: She was chasing him with golf club.
Speaker 2: With the golf club thinking he was an intruder. And I remember thinking, I don't think, no, we've heard the anywhere near the start that learned the end of this story. Why would she think he was an intruder in his Mercedes and hit her with up one of his irons as well, one of his golf clubs. And amazing and then it all just unraveled. Wow. Anyway, but that's not the thing I'm really talking about.
Speaker 4: To that all lies ahead for you in the golf career. You're on lesson three at the.
Speaker 5: Moment, Sarah, would happily you knock him over the head with a golf stick.
Speaker 2: Domestic bute. Yeah, all right, thanks Pats, All right on this day in mystery today though, February the nineteenth, let me take you back in time. In fact, why don't we get in a time machine? Time machine? Time machine? Where are we going?
Speaker 16: Stom were sun.
Speaker 2: Uh toylet's you say over there?
Speaker 16: I think, oh spec Zachy, Hey, yeah.
Speaker 2: We're back in the time machine. Send me back to twenty nineteen to set this up now with a phone number. So twenty nineteen, a world record was set today. That powerful acting. That's what you just heard, by the way, that powerful acting. Me back at that moment when the world record was set. You got to guess what it was. Oh, you want to go back in the time machine? All right, anyone, that's all hold hands and jump back in time. We're going to the time machine, time machine, time machine?
Speaker 16: Were suburn uh toilets?
Speaker 17: You say over there, I think, oh spec zaki, Hey, yeah, go back.
Speaker 2: In the time machine, going to twenty nineteen, so I can tell you now in the future present calling nine four one four one oh four three, a world record was set today.
Speaker 4: Can we know the year that the time we just traveled to in the time machine?
Speaker 2: Nope, drivers, I went by the way. I didn't just go back in time. I went to the country as well. Hence the native tongue.
Speaker 4: Yes, there was a native tongue.
Speaker 2: What is in the language was? Did you recognize it?
Speaker 5: Japanese nope, Chinese nope, Malaysian nope, Singaporean.
Speaker 2: Nope, Swedish nope. English? Backwards all right? Nine four one four one oh four three. Let me play the clue one more time as we go back in that time machine. But the world record was set on this day in history.
Speaker 16: We're subburned, uh toilets?
Speaker 2: You say over there?
Speaker 16: I think, whoaspiss zechi.
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, and I'm back nine four one four, one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three History This morning and every morning on our show, This Time Morning with on this day in Mystery, is this.
Speaker 16: Day in mystery.
Speaker 2: On this day not just history but also powerful acting as well and sound effects of a time machine. So on this day in history, a world record was set. Something to do in the world of music. The clue this morning is this powerful short acting sketch. Us did you say over there?
Speaker 16: I think well spec Zachy.
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, all right, let's find out what do you think it is. I don't know if we're going to get any right once this morning. Let's go the lines. Good morning to Jody. Oh wait, God, good morning Jody. What do you think the answer is?
Speaker 13: I think it might be the amount of people in an outdoor concert at Wimber Stadium for lyraid you're.
Speaker 2: Halfway right, wrong concert the Wembley Stadium were I think it was about ninety thousand to one hundred thousand. This is a eleve a lot bigger. It's a ridiculous answer. Hey about this, and you are halfway right? So thanks the guests. Nathan, good morning, yeap, Hello hello Nathan. What do you think the answer is? Mate?
Speaker 12: I believe it is the most bathroom user the concert.
Speaker 2: The most amounts of toilets use their concert.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's all I believe.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess it kind of is technically part of the answer, but it's not exactly the right answer. So you are kind of right, okay, wonderful, all right, but kind of right, it's not the full answer. And let's go to Ross. Good morning, Good morning, Christian, Good morning, Ross. Welcome to the show. Let's talk to each other like this, And Rossie, why what do you think the answer is?
Speaker 13: I think that is a Queen do a concert in South Paolo for one hundred and thirty one thousand people.
Speaker 2: It's this world record was set in Brazil. It was set by a different band, though, Ross, you're almost there. It was set by the Rolling Stones. So tell you what the answer is, then get this. Then the Rolling Stones played on the Stay in History. It's Copa Cabana Beach a free concept part of their Bigger Bang tour two one point three to one point five million people all on the beach free concept of twenty songs. I remember I was loucky enough to interview Mick Jag about a year after it. He was saying how it was so there was so many bit but we can't even wrap your head around what even if you think about the g when it's full, it's an amazing sight. And how many people that as a und about hundred hundred thousand are you talking about thirteen times that to get to around one point three million, all on a beach. If you've seen the footage of it, it stretches out for miles and on the beach. Mick Jagger said to get them to the stage the only way they could do it, well, he said it was the only where they could do it from the six star hotel. Did you know there were six star hotels? He rights six star hotels? How much do you and me go to them? Six months they built a stairway that took them from the hotel to the stage.
Speaker 4: They built stairs over my crowd.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh wow. So they could get them there and also it looked pretty cool as well, and they did twenty songs. If you go on YouTube, there's a really interesting little mini series, so free up there about it. It's like a ten part YouTube mini series about the making of and the gig as well.
Speaker 4: So is that what they is?
Speaker 7: There?
Speaker 4: A news radio was saying in your time machine.
Speaker 2: Now she was actually me and hush, she's at the gig. I'm at the gig, and she's saying, I love this band. There's so many people here in Portuguese, which is the native language of Brazilian. So yeah, it was the Running Stones' biggest ever gig. When I was reading up and it's yesterday, I didn't know that the world record is one point three million people all at one gig and free.
Speaker 4: But Banana Rama are trying to break it this weekend in Melbourne, quite right.
Speaker 2: The palais they're going to smash that.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: When I was a teenager, I had a massive crush. You know those teenage crushes. Don't you say this? After how many posters were on that bedroom walls. It was splattered in posters and Kim Wha had a massive crush wild And a couple of years ago I was hosting some god awful awards to and I was introduced to Kim Wild and I've had a couple of drinks, okay, and it was like during an interval and it was really hard work hosting this too, and someone said, oh, do you want to come meet Kim one? Oh my god, yeah, it's thirteen, I said, crushing. So I went over and I'm chatting to her, and I don't know why I said this, but it's this creepiest thing to ever say to women. We were talking and I go and when I was thirty and I had a massive crush on you, and that was a conversation went dead there because you there's there's no need, no need to bring up such a grubby thing to say to someone. Dollar yours over the production, Patsy. I'm gonna have to hear it again, Christian O'Connors. Dollar your bes, alrighty, the cash is running out. I'll be really honest with you. Yesterday I had a big day. The boss said, splash the cash. On Monday. I splashed the cash. How much money do I spend yesterday?
Speaker 4: Big round total of five foul dollars with eleven thousand dollars remaining five thousand, five thousand on the dit you did yesterday?
Speaker 2: Wow? Okay, So I did have fifty thousand when we started this over three weeks ago, thanks to tintacar call one three tints to cover up. But I've been burning through that money. So it is down now two from fifty thousand and two.
Speaker 4: Eleven thousand, one hundred and eighty one and thirty five per cents.
Speaker 2: All right, So if you want me to pay your bills, you've still got time, but you need to headle a website. The only place you can enter at gold one oh four to three dot com dot au. All right, so let's call up someone live right now. You get chances four times a day seven o' tootch on the Breakfast shows ten am, one in the afternoon and four pm as well during with Gavin Miller, Claire Cassidy Croydon. Let's caller up right now. All you have to do is pick up and I will and if you pick up, I'll pay your bills.
Speaker 7: Hello Clay speaking Claire.
Speaker 2: Good morning. Hi, Hi Claire, you're live and god won a four point three?
Speaker 10: Oh wow?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 2: How are you sorry? Are you getting everyone ready? I know you've got three beautiful girls? You're getting ready for school?
Speaker 10: Yes I am. I'm just preparing lunches and they've just had breakfasts, so they're all very excited to hear me.
Speaker 2: And what are the girls got for lunch today? What are you preparing? What is sandwiches?
Speaker 10: Yes, for my youngest she's got what has she got cheese and lettuce sandwich?
Speaker 2: Yummy. Can I have some extra iceberg with salad green?
Speaker 4: All the kids at school want to sweat for lunch, but I.
Speaker 2: Say, boys in the yard of so jealous when I break out the old iceberg and give us a little bit of costs in there. Today as well is actually a bit of today, don't you find it? Claire. The biggest bull like is making their flipping lunches. My wife and I bicker and we do like trade offs. If you do this, then you can do that. Last night I was making the packed lunches and not cheese again, Dan, it's all. The one they really hate is tuna. When you break out the old tuna can.
Speaker 10: Ah, Yeah, now that's too smelly really, And my thirteen year olds she is actually the worst. So she has honey in her sandwich. She's looking honey.
Speaker 2: Evacuating the school. There's been so good terrorist incident.
Speaker 10: It's the fussy one of the kids when it comes to lunches, so she.
Speaker 2: Can't get away with just having honey sandwiches.
Speaker 15: Bear as long as.
Speaker 10: She eats it, I don't really care.
Speaker 2: It's amazing, great mummy, were Claire?
Speaker 10: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, I'm glad you picked up so we can pay off your bill. You've got a bill here at home contents insurance? Is that to ensure all the stalks of honey? Then?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Occasionally, Yeah, it's basically because we rent and you know, if we you know, the house goes up in flames or something, and you know, we want to make sure we can replace everything. And yeah, it's a bit difficult to you know, on a limited income and with free growing kids.
Speaker 4: So yeah, well then we are wanted to have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're happy to help out. And you've got a oh this is sounding. So you've got an eighteen year old and you couldn't. Money's tight at the moment, and so we all know what that's like. And she couldn't have a big party, don't they?
Speaker 10: Yeah, they do. And I really wanted to make it, you know, something to remember for her because she's been my rock, you know, in the past several years. And yeah, unfortunately I had to sort of say, no, we can't really do much, but you know, we made it happen. We had a good time. I think she had a good day.
Speaker 2: One was her eighteenth, because that's a big birthday.
Speaker 10: It is a big birthday. It's in October.
Speaker 7: Last year.
Speaker 10: So it's a very difficult time because I've got all my kids within three weeks, all their birthdays.
Speaker 2: So it's a very and it's a couple of weeks before Christmas as.
Speaker 10: Well, exactly exactly, and then you've got school fees as well around that time, and then the New Years, so everything comes at once, so it's a difficult time.
Speaker 2: Now you're eleven year old little girl, she's getting into guitars. That the future rock and roll.
Speaker 16: She is.
Speaker 10: Yes, she had a first lesson last week and was very excited about it. And then she brought back the invoice and said, here you go. Mom's oh great, thank you.
Speaker 2: Well, I tell you what you want from us, three hundred and thirty nine dollars. I think we're going to give you a bit extra. It's not more money Monday, but you need to make her help, so I'm going to give you one thousand dollars a case.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Oh Jesus.
Speaker 2: I think that works out too. If you buy Manuka, honey, it's only one job. There's a cheaper Coals version you can get, but that Manukul why is Manuka? Manukah and ink Cartridges? Don't get me started. In again. It's the world's most suspect something. It's a talk of the town. So listen, we're going to give you one thousand dollars a k.
Speaker 10: Oh gosh, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: And you never know who might hear this, who might want to offer some other little treats for your daughter for a birthday on her eighteenth as well. But listen, we're definitely going to up your money to a thousand bucks because the guitar lessons and everything you're trying to do and raise three beautiful girls as well, you need to make sure help and we're happy to do that.
Speaker 10: Oh, thank you so much, Christian, I do appreciate this.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is my pleasure, lovely chat you. We enjoyed speaking to you today, right back to the sandwiches and the old cross letters, the stuff of life. You live in a dream.
Speaker 16: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, you're doing a great job. You're an awesome mom. Okay, thank you, all right, take care Claire. All right, that was lovely, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Don't you just want to help out a woman like Claire? You just know that she's a great person and awesome mum raising her three girls, you know, trying to just do a great job with them and doing a great job being a moment you can just tell that I can't out think and I can't move on, can't help but think any of the eighteen year old daughter feel bad if I got to ask a daughter's name. There's anything we can do to help out with like a late eighteenth birthday party if we shouldn't.
Speaker 4: Want the guy from gold like the music station.
Speaker 2: Throw and it doesn't have to be we don't have to be out that, but just to help them out. If there's a venue or anything that could just give them a little you know, just give them a late eighteenth, or if there is anyone that could help give us a call nine four one, one oh four three, anyone who could just out there have a late birthday by It doesn't have to be anything to do with us, but just they can have a little bit of a late birthday pike because you don't get your eighteenth again, the those key ages you get your eighteenth and you're twenty first. I still remember, Mike, do you remember? Did you guys you remember your eighteenth?
Speaker 4: M Yeah, maybe we did it in the backyard of mum and dad's place. Yeah, I have good fun memories of it. Did you have like a little party and you think you were an adult, don't you when you're eighteen?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I also they're just do reminiscent. It really is a ball acher's parents having to do that pant lunch. I think if I everyone like the tats lotto, I just have someone full time came in in the evening and made that flipping pant lunch.
Speaker 5: Checked it out.
Speaker 4: It brings up your pants because I my mum was the same made my sandwich every day, and every day I'd come home from school forgetting to eat my sandwich and I'd piff it in the bin before I got home.
Speaker 2: What did you eat? Did you go to tuck shop or yeah?
Speaker 4: I just I would go through the day and not like I would eat all the like.
Speaker 2: No wonder you literally have half an normond to got anything else becausually when your calorie intec must have been zero? What do you eat?
Speaker 15: Air?
Speaker 4: And the kid I walked home with every day, my neighbor Scott, he would do the same thing, heavy sandwich instead. I don't know why he didn't put it in the bin. He piffed it on his roof. He had a bunch of sandwich.
Speaker 2: Was a lot of piffing going on in your neighborhood. The pigeons must have the field in Possum was eating off that roof. I remember if it was a real class system at school as well. But who had what in the pat lunch You tell the kids that had a bit of money, you know, because the lunch box, the lunch box and like the spread they'd have in there, the type of bread. I remember, right, even I didn't even have a like expensive lunch box or that. Mine would just be you know, the bag that the bread came in. Yeah, my mom would just keep those and wrap it in that I'd kind of get it out really subtly. So people can go go lunch box to get really anxious.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three just give away some amazing Elton John tickets. John job Elson put the Ben's out yesterday because Bendet's Tuesday for me Monday night put them out and I was singing that John else John. So we got these platinum tickets to give away every single day this week only on god one oh four point three awesome seats of the Rod Labor and also you get the backstage tour and you get to sit at his piano. And this is his farewell tour. It's an amazing prize, one of the coolest things we've ever given away. You win it every single day this week. Yesterday he was a young superfan, Nathan the nineteen year old. Today then on Elton Ok, this is a song we're going to go for. It's We've had a good look at the many, many, many many hits of Elton John and we're going for this all right, friends, This is what we're asking to do, is to come in and be out and for elinok. For these amazing tickets. It's and can you feel the love tonight? Are We're also going to ask for the following line of how it's laid to rest or just don't put it today? They can get up there, they can based on yesterday, we're just doing it and can you fill the love tonight? And it's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. This is farewell tour. He's going to chuck in a few from the Lion King, right, So I love that line, I intend to go dressed as a lion.
Speaker 4: Lion King soundtrack my first everite album I own, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Got so many great suckle lifeata. Yeah, he's gonna do that, isn't he? I don't know.
Speaker 4: Does he put in a funny voice like the Mika in the movie.
Speaker 2: I think the ending is he comes out as a lion dressed at the piano and sings them from the Lion King. Some of you might know how these go. It's hard to play the piano with the lions. Paul, all right, so we're asking you, Jack, You ready to show them how it's done? The first album you ever got?
Speaker 4: Ready?
Speaker 18: God, can you feel the.
Speaker 2: Tune? Night? Very good? Those are the best ones you've done. Okay, let's see how Tina Turner gets on, pats Are you ready?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I am? And can your feud the love to night to night? How it's late to rest?
Speaker 2: Well, I keep going, Please don't, please don't just see more hot air balloons fall out the sky. Actually that's what I crashed those two balloons yesterday. Perhaps he starts singing the nova balloon, fill out the sky, keep singing, Patsy, let's bring them all down, bleave the very please, all right, lines are open now. Patsy starts singing. Maybe that's a new way to get us to number one in Melbourne. Until we're number one. Every hour, pats we'll sing on the hour. Every hour we're sing sing the news nine four one four one four three. You need to do your line, be out and you can try and win the amazing tickets known four one four one o four three. Lines are open now.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: John John, Christian O'Connell's Helson OK. Day two. These amazing out on John tickets this morning and the line we're asking you to China your best out and John is from this from can you feel the love tonight? Fu lis Bit. We need to feel it and then you can have these amazing out and John tickets. All right, then hopefully it's a little bit better than yesterday. Let's try. Andrew is up first of all. Good morning, Andrew, Good morning.
Speaker 7: How are you doing?
Speaker 15: Christian?
Speaker 2: I'm good? And how are you feeling this morning? Do you think you can be out in John? I hope so, I definitely think the al right, so I'm gonna give you a little bit of reverbandoo to help your voice out there we go, all right, there he is technology. All right, here you go. I'm gonna play in the first bit and then you jump in all right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah I did, I could there. Actually that was very very good Andrew, well done. He's still there with a big voice with the echo machine. All right, and you stay there. Strong start this morning. Let's go to Annie. Good morning, good morning, Good morning Annie. She's got echo there. Sounds like you're the bottom of a well. Annie. Where about you calling from you on the school run.
Speaker 10: I'm just gotting to work this morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right then, good luck Annie, let's here. You're out.
Speaker 7: John, can you see the.
Speaker 2: Sorry everyone, very very very good. Another strong one. Both very good today and you and he were on a roll. Stay there, and let's go to Geelong now and David, come morning, David, Good morning, Christian el John fan a good man? All right, all right, let's see who are singing as Elton John? Good luck?
Speaker 12: And can you feel love?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Another very good one. David's strong entry Strong Entry one final contested this morning. Megan, good morning, good morning Megan. You so you're gonna be singing and driving?
Speaker 13: Oh yeah for sure?
Speaker 2: Okay, whereabouts on the lovely roads this tomorrow morning? Are you in Melbourne? Oh? Where in the on the Monash? On the Monash? Right? Okay, right you ready? Who's in the car with you? Are you alone with my two boys? Two boys as well? They're doing back in vocals. They're going to do harmonies, I hope so well. They must know the lion King, right, yeah for sure? Great, you're bringing them up right? All right? Meghan bring it.
Speaker 18: Year in carey, be alone?
Speaker 2: And how is there to control how you had it all? Stay there? You are straight into the Live sing Off final. The question really is who's taking you on? So Meghan goes there. That's a high standard. Who do you think takes on Megs?
Speaker 4: I think David. They're all good. I mean either the the reverb machine does everybody.
Speaker 2: It's forgiving, but they are. They're all nailing it today. They're on point, all right, So let's go. Let's get David back. David our friend a janong. Yeah, yeah, yep, okay, David one more time. You're in the Live Single final. Now fifty to fifty chances of getting these Elton John tickets.
Speaker 12: Good luck thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh that's that other one. Just when we thought it was he has that beautifully done. It sounds it sounds almost a matter of fact that he makes it work. Great stove, David, Let's get Mega Mac still probably not moved during the last minute on the are there on Monash? All right you ready, all right? The always ready in the car?
Speaker 10: You ready?
Speaker 12: Bye?
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, help mama out, she's in the final go.
Speaker 13: Far and care.
Speaker 2: Hellove and how is le Win? A right there, it's Meghan, it's ah you. You've got the Elton John tickets. Thank you so so much. That's all right. You off to go and see Elton John Live. Get great seats at the Rod Laver Arena for Elton John's farewell tour. You also get the backstage tour and you also to get to sit on stage add his piano. Well done, well sung, Thank you so so much, really, thank you, all right, good luck on the score, run slid to Meghan Sinnator boys, bye hye.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three to say well Grace song. This is Steven Nicks, that amazing guitar riff edge of seventeen. Just coming up for ten minutes past stay Tuesday morning, it's time for this sign for Melbourne's biggest radio phone in. As we look for your stories, we're shaking down stories out of you again five top Tuesday. We run five phone ins at the same time. Up and down the dart. You get radio bosses running radio shows and telling them one thought per link. Never give them more than one thought per link. The tiny listening brains can't handle it. And if you listen to Fox regularly, it does shrink your brain. Sometimes they do no topics, that's right, yep. So we run five phones at the same time. You're the star of this with your stories as always as I tear through these and I kick them up in the air. If you're tickled by any of them, give me a call. Tell us your story, best stories. We get mugs. We have exclusive mugs. We go from Elton John tickets to mugs, our brand new breakfast show mugs. Drink with all right here they are no red order, I tell him I didn't notice. Yes they put the bins out its recycling. Yeah no, no big old clinking around of empty booze potters. Because normally it's a big old who's came off pretty quickly. So lights, no wine in there, The bin was like half fall My Tommy's got more room in here all right then, So today's five topics Lies your parents made you tell? I thought of this one because I was remembering over the weekend as a friend of mine and he was his Mum and dad were very postitional and them once they went away. They drove away to a holiday in England, and the dad had a meltdown and hated the holiday camp. They drove back in the middle of the night. This dad was a surgeon and a very stuck up guy, and he didn't want the neighbors or anybody else knowing that they come back from their holiday on the first day, so he drove the car back in the middle of the night, parted it in the garage, and made them live in the house for the next couple of days and all convinced the lie that they had a great time on holiday. Isn't that just so?
Speaker 18: What?
Speaker 4: No lights on it? Nine?
Speaker 2: Or they just kept very quiet in So lies your parents made you tee this morning? Also, have you got any stories I want to hear about unusual weird things? That you've been hit by. I was hit by a woman at the weekend, walking on the street in Hampton High Street, going way too fast, way too fast, on one of those mobility scooters.
Speaker 4: Things are dangerous chucking into.
Speaker 2: Like a big old bag of chips. No care for me is I went flying into a shop window. It went over my heir. This thing was curdling along. She must have been going seventy k's an hour. Slight saggeration. Things you've been hit by? Okay, starting with me, mobility scooter? What have you got? Do you have a pet with a superpower? All right, I'm still convinced. My dog and occasionally when she wants German Shepherd dog wink at men, Sorry, sorry again, pats over the weekend she just sort of does it to tease me and go, I know you can wink? You could?
Speaker 5: What in command?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 2: When she feels like could she just go and I come down the morning, she's going, all right it again? You Why wouldn't you do when I want you? We could tour. We'd be millionaires when you who wouldn't come and see the winking dog? Oh?
Speaker 4: Maybe in the nineteen twenties.
Speaker 2: Neverlace now, can't see the winking dog, I said, winking. All right, so so far we've got lies your parents made to town things. You've been hit my pets with superpowers like my winking dog, and breaking things in your own home as a grown up. As a kid, you're always knocking something over and breakers, So what amount when you're a grown up breaking things in your own home practicing my goal swing at the weekend. My wife doesn't know that yet. We're in a rental. I raise a golf club, not checking what was above me, hit a light, took out of lights. So breaking things in your home as a grown up. And lastly today famous people in planes, trains and automobiles. Have you seen a famous person on a plane, train or automobile? Who have you seen? Which one were they in? All right, that's the five this morning. Lies your parents major town things, you've been hit by pets with superpowers, breaking things in your home as a grown up, and famous people in planes, trains and automobiles. As always, the big number is nine four one four one oh four three, nine four one four one oh four to three. Give us a call on five to BIC Tuesday. Nine four one four one oh four to three will take your calls.
Speaker 1: Next the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three we.
Speaker 2: Could development's biggest radio phone in on Breakfast Radio five to bit. Tuesday on The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, It's Gon one I four point three Phil Collins the Studio eighteen minutes past eight. Today's five topics are lies your parents, major town things you've been hit by with super bowers, breaking things in your home as had grown up and spawning famous people. Spotting celebrities either on a plane, in a train or the car. A couple of quick stories in a coming This is great one about her pets and superpowers. Christian. I believe my pet has the power of invulnerability. Last year was walking my dog. It saw a dead rat in the road and went for it. He was on a leader my ad. He was hit by a Toyota Yaris doing about forty He walked away my dog with a bloodshot eye and just a dessicated toe. The Yaris not so well front end smashed with about two thousand dollars worth of damage and God for pet insurance. Our dog's name is Bear and he is like a bear, a fifty five kilogram husker mute beautiful looking dog had shown Jack a photo of bear, so that's amazing. Other fact that Bed's got a desiccated toe a bloodshot eye was the tote. The toyote Yaris is in a bad way, Christian, talk about things you've been hit by? This comes from Alis. I was side swiped by Bono's Limo, as in Bono from you two is Limo. My friend and I were crossing the road to a big stadium, the sun Call Stadium. We thought it might be saved a cross because the police motorbikes had passed, but it turned out it was a cavalcade for the car and they would just wait for them. Bono looked ride us out the window with a c of oh Jesus, really, Christian. I was hit by an ice cream truck when I was six. I spent six weeks in hospital and never got my ice cream. That is ti, Nick, you start to hear that. Let's go to the lines, Matt, good morning, Good morning Christian. Okay, Matt, which one are.
Speaker 14: You calling in about things I've been hit by?
Speaker 2: Okay? And what's your story? Mate?
Speaker 14: So I was at a birthday party with Alison Wonderland. Same someone decided become as from my chair. I don't know which one that is. That's the hair that likes the frost of people get their late for tea.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 14: So this person expecting me to dart uh throws a teaspoon at me. It's me in the heads. So I was hit by a flying teaspoon. Adam E from Wonderland a birthday pi.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we can add that to all this. Tho me and the mobility scoot to you with the flying teaspoon. Perfect setting Willie and and Alice in Wonderland tea party. All right, Matt, thank you very much. She called Jess good.
Speaker 8: Morning, good morning, how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good, Jess, thanks for calling five Topic Tuesday excellent.
Speaker 9: I have a really good one for you. My dog loves to sing. That's his superpower.
Speaker 2: What would it sing to?
Speaker 9: So he has favorite songs. I recently, well not recently, but I discovered that there were certain songs if I sang along to them in the car at home, that he would join in on and he even tries to harmonize. So his favorite song is by the boomtown Rats, and that would be I don't like mondays who.
Speaker 2: Beast exactly?
Speaker 9: He loves it. He also loves seeing Chandelier a song It's fantastic. Yes, also another one that he loves too.
Speaker 2: So yes, we need to we need to test this life on the show. Okay, I will line those what's your dog's name? His name is Stormy, Stormy. I will line up Stormy's favorite songs, play them, and I want to hear Stormy sing.
Speaker 9: Okay. I've got some video too, so I can try and do that perhaps tomorrow morning. I'm on my way to work right now, but I can definitely do it tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: What time are you're at home? So we can make this happen on the show, and I will rearrange tomorrows show to build this.
Speaker 9: Seven ams fine, by seven am.
Speaker 2: We will have a singing Stormy on the radio. Tow Fox, don't come in fee five and I've got.
Speaker 4: A sing And then if you can prove these things, he can go for the album on ticket today to class.
Speaker 9: It sounds like a plan.
Speaker 2: Chess, Chess, that's amazing. We'll speak to you tomorrow and here from Stormy singing.
Speaker 12: Okay, don't worry, says mate.
Speaker 2: Well, I thought I'd a turn to dog that can wink. If I put the two of them together, Stormy and my niche shirt. Wow, I'm going to be a millionaire, right, Keep the calls coming. Nine four one four, one oh four to three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, running five phoners at the same time as take squeeze in another couple of quick calls before we get the latest news headlines from Pats on the line waiting patiently. So Sylvana, Sylvania, Sylvana, Sylvana, great name, Sylvanna. Welcome to the show and welcome to five topic Tuesday.
Speaker 9: If you go, mate, Well, pulled up at a satellite at Carlton and had my window down on this line and who comes up next to me the right line, chop A Reid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd be terrified. This is why I'd empty my guts if I saw chop a Reed at the car in the car next to me.
Speaker 10: I did, I did. I couldn't waite away, wait to take off.
Speaker 2: He's just asking for direction, so I would just say a lot the way you turn that corner, then you can't. All right, thank you very much, your co Let's try Kate then, good morning, Good morning, Hey Kaylen, welcome to the show. What's your story for us?
Speaker 10: Things I broke as an adult?
Speaker 6: I was really cross at the kids one day and threw one of their.
Speaker 10: Toys at the floor and it bounced up and broke my sixty five inch TV.
Speaker 2: No, you punish yourself that way, don't you? The TV. It's all about our beloved TVs. A sixty five inchro as well. What a tiny crack, big crack, big crack. Oh no, it's not like your windscreen. Whey, give it's a little one. But oh that's a nightmare. Klen. Thanks your story. Ruins Katelyn, thank you very much. Keep your calls come. We take some more after the headlines The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, Shane, thank you very much for waiting for the last ten minutes to share your story with us. No worries, all right, Hugh Grant, give us your story.
Speaker 15: At JFK Airport about the head to London. I think he had a TV short at the time he was trying to promote with poor rating.
Speaker 2: Son Shaney. I love that.
Speaker 4: I can't remember a few grand TV shows I've done well because it's not in our memories.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, so I think he was already in a bad mood anyway. So I'm lining up my turn at the counter. When I put my pastor on the counter, Hugh Grant's pushed in front and p he's on top of mine.
Speaker 2: At the same time, he's not He's not a big guy Shane either. He's a shorter guy than he'd realized that I thought.
Speaker 15: About it, so either way. So then the guy behind the counter was like, are you two traveling together? And I've just looked at him and realized that's you Grant and I've just gone no, it's just me. And then the guy goes, sorry, so you'll have to step back in line. So then he has absolutely let fly with a barrage of f bomb. He was there with his manager. He was trying to calm him down. So yeah, he wasn't happy at all.
Speaker 4: But what a bold move as well, to put the passport right on top of your aggressive like.
Speaker 2: Wait in line. Yeah, that's shocking. Many years ago, was one in the morning and are going to see an American comedian at the Edinburgh Comedy Festival. Hugh Grant was there with a load of young friends and they got thrown out of the gig. This is all online, you can read it. They got thrown out the show.
Speaker 4: What were they doing wrong?
Speaker 2: One of the group he was with wasn't over eighteen. You can't be in a venue that time in the morning. Got thrown out. Yeah, wow, she was with them as well. He had a great old night as well.
Speaker 15: Yeah, he was definitely New York promoting. I'm pretty sure it was a TV show, wasn't working. He was on a late night show as well.
Speaker 2: The promoter, Shane's going about that TV show you have to google. You're now going to make me google a Hugh Grant TV show. I remember. I remember a few stinky movies he's done. It's also funny movies as well, but there was one Mickey Blue Eyes with James Cahn, which was an absolute stinker. It's not a great film. I think he was fleeing. I think he was hiding in America to escape that. That's why I was maybe thought he was a gangster hanging out with James Cahn.
Speaker 4: Mickey blue Eyes has a close, close place in my heart because my dad had it borrowed from Blockbuster and they kept sending him let us saying hey keep it blue Eyes, and they were Blockbuster went out of business, and so he's still got Mickey blue Eyes.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to remember. Is that the movie where he had an American accident as well?
Speaker 15: Oh I can't remember that.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, no, I'm gonna have to look into the huguet.
Speaker 4: I can't find it. What era was this TV show.
Speaker 15: Shane TV show? Look, it could have been a movie, but whatever it was, it was bombing.
Speaker 2: And hence the reason why're trying to what It was bombing and Troy was stepping in front of you in the line. That's great story, Shane. Al Right, glad we got it this morning. Thank you, mate, Jesus, Lisa in Craigie bone coome on and Lisa.
Speaker 8: Hi, yep, I'm here.
Speaker 2: Great, I'm here. Fine at last, we finally meet this morning and Lisa tell us your story on five time but tuesdays, so it's taken a while to get to you. We try and get through as many calls as possible.
Speaker 8: Sorry, that that's okay. So basically, when I was sixteen, my dad's a lawyer and he had clients asking him why he was late on some paperwork, and he told them it was because I had a mental breakdown over some homework. I guess, and I was in hospital. So they came over to visit at our house a few days later with flowers, and I had no idea what was going on. So he had to tell me what was happening, I guess, and I to pretend like, yeah, I'd just been in hospital over a mental breakdown.
Speaker 2: That is sckey. Wow, wait, Lisa, that's incredible, Lisa, thanks you cool?
Speaker 8: Oh good, No, where he's from?
Speaker 2: Right? Thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: What a time to be alive. We spoke to Jess earlier this morning on five but Tuesday, along the topic pets were superpowers. Heard dog Stormsey. He can sing. This dog will sing when certain songs are played to him and he will sing to I don't like Mondays by the boomtown Rats. We're hoping to bring you this tomorrow morning live on the show. Jess the owner manager if you will of Stormzy and so email mes just got to work. Beautiful looking dog. Little updates. She forgot to tell us that there's another dog called Nix. Nix sings backing vocals. When Stormsy sings friends, It's all building. This is why I came to the Southern Hemisphere to find a singing dog that will sing. I don't like mondays tomorrow on the show seven am. It's all building to this. Very excited now when we do five TOI but Tuesday, we're getting, like you know, last week, this week, so many phone calls. That are two producers hard working, yep, hard working. I'm talking about the old the world's oldest producer, Brad and then fog On leg gorn Beck. They work hard. They are at the sharp end though, trying to hear the stories. And I think that to improve customer service they need help. Sure, they need help, don't they.
Speaker 4: Well, there's so many calls coming in, especially during that five topics.
Speaker 2: They've got to hear the stories and they work out, oh is that a good one, And then they've got to let the right people through and you know, say and be kind to the ones that aren't quite right and maybe just come over from Fox and don't have to tell a story. And it's okay. We're going to take them wile to house train them again and get them out of that sheltered life they've had over there, just dealing on the bread crumbs that have been thrown by that show. So what I'm saying is when you call out some different organizations, some people are very very good on the phone. Doctor's receptionists are amazing because they can't just let anyone in to see the doctor. Who's the doctor on the show? Who's in the surgery? Is it you? It is?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Okay, so they're the receptionist for your office?
Speaker 2: Thank you? So all right, so do we get who do you think are the best people to deal with when you call an organization? Because the doctor's receptions are very good. They've got to find out what's wrong with you and then they work out whether or not you should call somebody else or go to a chemist, you know, so they have to hear that and they're strong but fair.
Speaker 4: So you want a real doctor's receptionist to come in here in the morning before they go to a Tuesday nine to five job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and take pop in here, just help us out for five double Tuesday? Yeah? Who else do you think is good? So if we see if we can find someone who's a doctor's receptionist. Who else do you think is good when you call them up? Because these days it's a rare thing to even speak to a human, yeah or not? Have to wait eighty seven minutes and we put through a system of like was it hash one to speak to a human?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 2: They put back in the thing, they go zero, you're back in the original menu.
Speaker 4: The people that drive through maybe, or are they good?
Speaker 2: Aren't they because they tell you what they are? The patient? Aren't the because some go, oh, what's that Chickenny one? Or you go no, no, no, she doesn't want I thought you said he wanted to scratch the price, and then they read it back to you.
Speaker 4: Especially if you haven't been through certain fast food in a while and you're staring at the board like, oh, I haven't been KFC for a bit? Do you still do chicken?
Speaker 2: You're right? Okay, So we need for five to whiches there next week. Someone who is an active doctor's receptionist and someone who is an active person on the old drive through speaker yep, and you want them in here, go out there calls with the dynamic duo. Great, all right, see if you can help us out, please let me note nine four one four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Time for this morning's at work time waster. Nice prize every single day this week you can go to Flemington and off to the races this weekend for Australian Guineas Day. Tickets are twenty five dollars. Through ticket tech you can win. You and three mates are the best at work time waster. We get again today. Today we're looking for your body part movies. How are your sicking?
Speaker 4: I'm happy with mine?
Speaker 2: Happy, all right.
Speaker 4: I even got a huge grant one in there too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, break the story. Oh nice, all right then, so body part movies. Here's mine. I've got Harry Potter and they're deathly bowels. The sound of mucus thoracic Park, I had to google how to spell thoracic the upper chest region.
Speaker 4: Spell thoracic G, thoracic.
Speaker 2: T H yep, yep, you no, do you know what? Let's do a show spelling radio radio thumb like it hot, that's great, cloudy with a chant. No, that's rude. Actually not that one shows that one as well. Let's leave it with thumb like it hot. Okay, what have you got jack.
Speaker 4: Ankle buck, Gorillas in the wrist yep, chinny chinny bang bangs, gold and forehead, weddings and a funeral.
Speaker 2: All right, Send us your body part movies. The best time we get when we mark them in ten minutes time. You're off to the races for you and three mates to Australian Guineas day, good luck. Send them in oh four seven five O three one O four three, O four seven five O three one O four three. We mark them in ten minutes time.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: If tomorrow morning goes well with a singing dog, we got more that during the next half an hour. I just had it offer. One of our listeners has got a dog that he reckons, will high five meet on command.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the kind of common dog tree.
Speaker 5: It's like shake hands, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Roll shape, Yeah, we're seeing the old classic shape boar shape, bar and then you give them a treat. But you've seen a dog off your high five, I know.
Speaker 4: But you're talking about a dog seeing boomtown rats up against the dog del high five?
Speaker 2: All right, we tore the Incredible Dog Show. We need a couple to come on and do the warm up, all right, A high five in dog. It's going to go and chat the people in the front row and start sticking the poor and high fiving the poor. That is that's good enough?
Speaker 4: Good enough? Yeah, that's a good price.
Speaker 2: We can't hold the Incredible Dog Show and come straight in with I don't like mondays. Whether you need to build them up? How do you build them up? High five dog, Paul?
Speaker 4: Okay, alright, just don't put it on the poster.
Speaker 2: Ideal show we build to this year. Dogs win prizes, all right, I'm serious, Producer Beck, make a note of dogs win prizes? All right? So body part movies remember the best one today? We get that you're off the races. You and three mates to a straining Guinea's day at Flemington this weekend. The fast and is humorous, great start, gold, very smart Scott and Warby, well done, Enemy of the Prostate.
Speaker 4: God.
Speaker 2: Greg, Greg and dandon On, well done et extra testicle naughty? No, how did that one get through? Naughty? Naughty? Naughty bone alone?
Speaker 4: That's all right? Silver?
Speaker 2: Oh no, he emailed me, saying, check your text I said one, and he has had a gold this year, our friend Luke and Noosa stoking, you know, because he was having a bad run of form and now a silver is better than the bronze. He's only Michigan.
Speaker 4: Maybe I didn't bone alone. It's a silver plus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're getting bit of hope that Ben and Ted's excellent denture.
Speaker 4: That's good gold. A scar is worn silver.
Speaker 2: Julian mo Rabin, no country for old meningitis. Listen, it's not illnesses. It's part of that from the day top gupi bowl, but effective.
Speaker 4: Gold plus some like it's not no bronze.
Speaker 2: Peter in Trquy dancing. Spleen all right, silver pains train and ah no s it's done, he means, plain sprains and automobiles, Silver demo, Silence of the Glands.
Speaker 4: Better silver plus.
Speaker 2: Spleens just not that into you, Spleens, not even not that good silver plus. Lisa okay, who is after races them and three mates this weekend.
Speaker 1: Top Gut, top gut, You're the winner. Enjoy the Christian O'Connell breakfast show. Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: I was at a friend's house yesterday. Who still lives with his parents, and his dad is fond of putting up signs around the house that he makes.
Speaker 2: It probably saying time to move out, gravy train coming to a hale, get out.
Speaker 4: Year on year, kids stay in houses longer and stay with their parents longer and longer.
Speaker 2: Devastating news. I love my daughters, but you know, listen, you've got another years. Then out you go out the nest, cut the cord.
Speaker 4: This was a laminated sign that he'd made him laminated.
Speaker 2: You've got that's a big production. Now we've got a home laminator.
Speaker 4: It even had pictures, so it's a bit of photo shopping.
Speaker 2: What did it say?
Speaker 4: So the toaster sits under their overhead cabinets, and the overhead cabinets are quite low, so obviously he's been the toast has been melting in the.
Speaker 2: Bottom of the cabin peeling off the paint and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: So the sign says, do not toast underneath the cabinets. Underneath that has a photo of the toaster underneath the cabinet with a big X on top of it. Then it says please move the toaster out onto the bench, and then under that a photo toaster out on the bench with a big tick above.
Speaker 2: That's incredible. This guy's had to put those up for reason. Yeah, because he's obviously tried a reason with the sun. Please stop doing that, and nothing's happened.
Speaker 4: And now that just leaves twenty four to seven in their family kitchen, just so that when visitors come over they know how to toast properly, like.
Speaker 2: A hotel or something that I've got a We use post it notes a lot. Ninety nine nine percent of them are my wife around various rooms in the house. There's only one I've got. It tries me nuts how much loo roll my daughter's use. I mean just rings. I put a loo roll in in the evening when I come back in the afternoon, and I'm saying, I always go and check it's gone. So now the post it note just angry, says block capitals because you know I can't write lower case. Think of the trees that's right above the plunge and the flusher. So I wanted to think about how much roll they use.
Speaker 4: You should put it halfway through the toilet roll, then roll it back up so that when they're using it, they've come across the post it note halfway through do you.
Speaker 2: Know what about this? What if I just a portion their daily usage? No too much?
Speaker 4: My hotel will put towels in the chrucolate on your head at the night. You can put their serving of toilet papers toilet.
Speaker 5: I put post it notes in the fridge for Chris not to eat certain foods. So I did a lasangnia the other week in we had people coming over love what homemade one Yeah, and he would just come home from work starving, hungry, cut a big slice out of the woos out of the middle of it. So it's like, do not eat, Chris, don't touch.
Speaker 2: And it works all right. So tonight, if you've got these, take a picture of them tonight and share them with us tomorrow morning. If you want to email when when you get back and you have homes with these signs up, email me for tomorrow's show. Christian at Godwei four to three dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: For Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We end on exciting news as we look forward to something magical happening on tomorrow's show. Not one possibly two singing dogs Storms Eat with backing vocals from his other mate dog as well. This is a bit we're hoping to get them into the studio. Yeah, all right, to see if they can do this, as promised by a listener Jess earlier when we're talking about pets with superpowers. So tomorrow morning, just after seven o'clock, in an ideal world, let's hope we live in that ideal world. You will why they're laughing. You will tune in this great radio station and you will hear a singing dog.
Speaker 4: And then what's next for us? We take them to X Factor. We tour the world.
Speaker 2: Absolutely Suddenly we're up in Darwin playing to packed houses. Oway, it's not the circus is in town that storm. See the singing dog is into.
Speaker 4: We open for Fleetwood Mac and they to us.
Speaker 2: So it's all there for us. Tomorrow morning, seven a m. Stand by your phone so could be calling you next time. Of today's show is My Winking Dog The
Speaker 1: First and O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three