Speaker 1: Hates the pick up right around Australia, Britt, Laura and Mitch here thanks to chemists warehouse heading today great savings every single bloody day.
Speaker 2: We all know we're in a bit of an economical crisis. There are a lot of people struggling with a lot of things. Particularly here in Australia. The cost of groceries and food is wild.
Speaker 3: I've got a petrol like, we can walk into a supermarket now. I think I went to the supermarket the other day.
Speaker 2: I walked out with like what was just one bag but like I had nothing in it and it was over one hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: I was like, what are you buy?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: Is that that really expensive? Danish? Better than ye?
Speaker 1: Brit lives on marinetta, goats, cheese and cavia and lobster taale.
Speaker 2: I think we can all take a leaf, it should be pun intended, a leaf out of this couple's book. There's a couple in the US, Eric Lewis, he's forty one and Jess Russell is twenty six, and they have figured out a brilliant way to save money on their groceries. They only buy the bare minimum grocery.
Speaker 3: Fantastic, Yeah, how much do they spend there?
Speaker 4: And Laura, you've got kids, this wud be really good tip for you.
Speaker 3: Oh, we spend so much money on food and my husband eats.
Speaker 4: How much a weekly spend?
Speaker 2: They're spending like forty fifty bucks a week on groceries for two adults.
Speaker 3: So this is wildeap. What they are.
Speaker 2: Doing is foraging and eating roadkill. Oh oh wow, yes, so they have decided that they call themselves foragers.
Speaker 3: They forage for like mushrooms.
Speaker 2: And coconuts, avocados and berries.
Speaker 3: And foraging makes it sound really quite lovely, doesn't it.
Speaker 5: No scraping up row kill on the side of the road with a shovel, How does one check the freshness of such roadkill.
Speaker 2: Some of the protein that they go for they will rely on trapping wild hogs iuanas eggs from yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen wild hog.
Speaker 2: Well the road kill that they eat a deer, because they say a carcass can provide up to one hundred pounds of meat. Possums, groundhogs, squirrel, turkey's ducks. They don't discriminate on the road kill. They absolutely should it as a whole.
Speaker 5: They should start discriminating and looking at kill and thinking I probably shouldn't eat that.
Speaker 1: So discrimination in Nannia they're eating swans, and this is in Florida.
Speaker 3: Why don't even know they had hoogs there?
Speaker 4: Fry flamingo for dinner.
Speaker 5: I know that we've just come out of a really warm winter and global warming maybe taking a hole, but eating brogue kill seems like taking it a step too far.
Speaker 2: What would okay?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: What would don't even think about this?
Speaker 4: Quick answer?
Speaker 2: You have to eat rokill?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 3: What animal is it?
Speaker 4: Oh? I got one easy springs to mind straight away.
Speaker 1: One bat kangaroo is lean. Oh, and it's heaps off many, especially you're driving to the snow.
Speaker 4: Now, one bat.
Speaker 1: Would be like one bad would be nice to be like pork. I reckon fatty in a burrow. They're slow cook themselves.
Speaker 5: I don't okay. My issue that I have is there's no use by date on these animals. It's not like you're going down the side of the freeway and you're like, oh, that one's only been there for four hours.
Speaker 4: I think one kicks.
Speaker 3: It depends on how cold. Oh you think it's because they're.
Speaker 2: Stiff floating stiffness. Maggots, no flies that they start to smell off, go off. I reckon, it's got to be a road kill of four hours?
Speaker 4: Would you pick?
Speaker 3: I reckon, A snake could be tasty, Oh yeah, nice protein.
Speaker 2: Or I don't know how much road kill this is, but maybe like a camel in terms of like practicality, like it's quite a lot of meat in there.
Speaker 5: This can't be true, and it's disgusting, and this I don't understand.
Speaker 4: Well, girls turn around.
Speaker 1: Producer Tony has lined up a fresh possible.
Speaker 4: Bring it in some garlic, but I bring it in.
Speaker 1: Let's give it a go. Well anything, well, budgets are tied. It could be a good it could be a good sample.
Speaker 3: We should bring this in.
Speaker 5: And look, I know that things are stressful for a lot of people, but this is really scraping.
Speaker 3: The bottom of the barrel.
Speaker 1: I've seen your kids walk in your around your house having seaweed, seaweed snacks.
Speaker 4: They'll eat possum, No, they probably would, probably would, probably would.
Speaker 3: I mean they eat dog foods.
Speaker 4: So whatever, the bars already very low.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, coming up, I reckon, I have seen the most ossiest of ossie things that there ever was to be seen.
Speaker 4: Badger carrying Nalien and the Kubra. Steve Irwin, you're kidding. Patty Newton writing.
Speaker 3: A kangaroo Kangaroo doubles pluggers. Yeah, guys, even ossier than that.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you all about it, all right, that's next. You're at the pickup