Speaker 1: My heart podcasts, hear more Kiss podcast playlist and listen live on the Free iHeart Appick.
Speaker 2: With Britt Hockley.
Speaker 1: And Laura Burn Brady or what our windows Done?
Speaker 3: That's my world?
Speaker 4: Reason the dust only good, fab dogle down.
Speaker 3: I've done much, but yeah, I know I'll big get.
Speaker 1: And what I want.
Speaker 2: It don't matter where I done. This is the pick up.
Speaker 1: Hello everyone, it is the pick up with Britt Hockey and Laura Burn.
Speaker 5: Well, it's not just with the bridd Hockey and Laura Burn, is it.
Speaker 4: Well, there's another person in the room. Yep. Isn't that weird?
Speaker 3: It's not our producer Grace Yeah, or our video editor is he?
Speaker 4: It's a baby.
Speaker 3: In case, well, let's just like set the record straight first, In case you're just tuning in and you haven't heard the news.
Speaker 5: It is not my baby. It is Laura's baby. Well, it's actually kiddo and Matt's baby.
Speaker 1: I mean, we share everything. We've been best friends, we got so long, we like to.
Speaker 4: Be maybe together, Laura.
Speaker 5: Just so you know, it doesn't work like that.
Speaker 1: You're Annie Brittany, So therefore, like you get some steak in this baby, don't you Why I should hope.
Speaker 5: So you have much in life.
Speaker 1: So oh, look, it's very exciting. Oh my god, that was so depressing. It was pretty groom's been. It's been really exciting today. Matt and I we are having our.
Speaker 4: Third baby, which it's a lot.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of kids. It's a lot of kids, and we're very excited. Yeah, and today's show is actually going to be a really special and very big show.
Speaker 4: Matt is joining us later. But if you guys stick around, we.
Speaker 1: Are actually going to do a gender reveal on the show. We're going to find out what gender the baby is because never have I ever we can play that game now found out the gender of one of my children before actually giving birth, and this is going to be the first time that ever happens.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you guys are going to be finding out along with me, along with everyone at the same time.
Speaker 3: This is going to happen live on the pick up later today, so you're not gonna want to miss it.
Speaker 5: We can all find out.
Speaker 3: Together whether you're having a little boy or a little girl.
Speaker 1: Well, anyway, guys, let's get into the show. We're going to talk about it all next. If you just join the show, today's been a really big day for us. And that is because finally I'm able to tell everyone that I me and my husband, not just me.
Speaker 4: He contributed to this.
Speaker 5: He definitely contributed that we're having another baby.
Speaker 1: Baby number three is currently under construction in our household.
Speaker 5: If I had access to any sound effects right now, but they're too far away, I would put some like very It is very exciting.
Speaker 1: It is so excited. Also, it's really nice to be at a point now. So I'm a little bit further along and Matt's going to join us on the show soon. But I'm in second trimester now and I feel great, like I am back to feeling.
Speaker 3: Normal, and Okay, wasn't always that way, was it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because the thing is right, And this is the ridiculous thing about pregnancy is that you keep your first trimester a secret. Usually, you know, you don't tell you work, and you hope your bosses respond positively, thank you they did, But also you don't tell people, and the first trimester is the hardest. Like I was so sick the first trimester and having to come and do the show and show up, and every single day I was either vomiting or I just had I felt like I was seasick every day.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say, part of me feels like a bad friend for not noticing. But in my defense, you're always tired and sick, and I'm not sick, but I'm tired. But you're always like, I feel unwell because of how tired you are, because you know, when you don't sleep with kids, like being fatigued makes you feel unwell, like it's such a big impact on your life, but because you're always like, oh, I didn't sleep.
Speaker 4: I'm so tired.
Speaker 5: I just didn't clock it. And now I'm like, looking.
Speaker 4: Back, there were signs, there were signs. You will know because there will be signs.
Speaker 3: And you've always told me your other pregnancies, and you have lost pregnancies before, but like your pregnancies with Lola and Marley and pregnancies that you have lost, you've always told me before, Matt, So I was a bit taken aback that I wasn't the first to know in this announce Do you.
Speaker 1: Know what, though I had, I mean three pregnancies. Every single pregnancy is weird because they're all different, right, but I have I've never had actual proper morning sickness before, and this time I have had raging morning sickness, and I think it's because, as the obstetrician likes to call it, a geriatric pregnancy. All right, mate, so I'm thirty nine. I mean, look, I think it's going to be out last one. I think it would be wild if we tried to do number four.
Speaker 3: Do you think that it means you're having a boy this time because you're sick and you've never been sick before.
Speaker 4: I don't know, is that true?
Speaker 5: All these myths that people put out there.
Speaker 1: Well, look I feel different in terms of I felt more sick. If you were going to ask me, I still think it's going to be a girl. That's my guess, is a girl. Matt is convinced, like absolutely convinced it's going to be a boy.
Speaker 4: And then like both our girls that we have, they.
Speaker 1: Keep having debates and fluctuating so they change their mind.
Speaker 5: Well, we are going to find out on the show live today.
Speaker 1: I know Matt's going to join us next, so stick around for that. But also I wanted to share with you guys, Lola, who is my middle child.
Speaker 4: She's up, sorry what she will be? She's my younger, she's four.
Speaker 1: Her reaction wasn't always completely excitement positive, but she's really come around and we got to reveal that we're having you know, we revealed the pregnancy and stuff today with truly the cutest little announcement, and it was a video that I found in my phone that she had recorded of herself.
Speaker 4: She's only four, mine, juice, this is a worry.
Speaker 1: Without she knowing, she took my phone and she was I thought she was just taking photos with my phone, but actually she filmed a little video and it's possibly the sweetest thing I've ever ever heard. Hi, everyone, I got a baby and my mom's Tommy, and I saw this study.
Speaker 4: To get it out. So it's so excited. So I believe like you to get a baby out.
Speaker 6: It's coming out to dad.
Speaker 4: No, really, it's that I really't want the baby come down, but short and the baby come out, but it's not coming out.
Speaker 2: I really love it.
Speaker 5: But now the journey, it's good. She took us on a journey, doesn't she.
Speaker 1: I'm just waiting for that kid to hit like seven or eight and be like mama TikTok, like she's already talking.
Speaker 4: Who's she talking to?
Speaker 1: I guess she's so you do it? I don't think I have ever gotten on Instagram and being like hi.
Speaker 5: Everybody, Yeah, you do stories all the time, Like.
Speaker 4: Kids, that's what they look at.
Speaker 3: You're just looking at a camera and recording, and like, I guess she wanted to put that out there.
Speaker 5: My favorite part was like where she was like.
Speaker 3: Plot twist and she's like it's coming out today, just joking like she's.
Speaker 4: Got good comedic timing for a four year old.
Speaker 3: I don't think that was intentional comedic timing. Don't think it's just funny. No, but it's very exciting. Like we said, stick around, we are gonna do I say we I'm involved, but we are doing it.
Speaker 1: It is a We keep calling it a world first because it truly is the first ever gender reveal on the pick Up. Now, if you're just joining us and listening to the show, today is.
Speaker 4: A very big day. Laura got laid.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: I am pregnant with the number three babies, so it's very exciting for me. But also I'm not the only person who's responsible for this whole pregnancy that's going on here.
Speaker 4: What how do you make babies?
Speaker 1: My husband Matt, who has been on the show many times, is also someone who I don't know whether we can say, is also to blame for this. So congratulations, Sweetheart's right here.
Speaker 6: Look a lot of hard work has gone into this, blood, sweat and tears.
Speaker 2: It's not been easy. We got there.
Speaker 6: It's weird that everyone obviously we're married, people know that we're going to be being intimate. But yeah, it's weird that people know that we've been you know, fourteen weeks we've been having sex.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm actually almost eighteen weeks long, So great that.
Speaker 4: You've been paying attention. You're lying, Yeah, I'm eighteen weeks now, Matt, because you're.
Speaker 5: Having a baby.
Speaker 6: Pregnancy is flying through. We'll be giving birth any second.
Speaker 1: To be fair, it's because Matt missed out on the first half of it. So when I found out that I was pregnant, and you know, if you guys have been listening to the show, you would know that Matt was on I'm a Celebrity this year. So Matt had gone into the jungle, he had had his phone taken away, and it was two days after he was non contact, and so I went and bought a pregnancy test pete on the stick, and then I looked at it and I just remember sitting there and seeing these two lines. And at the same time, your sister was over and your mum was downstairs, and I walked downstairs to them and I was like, hey, guys, sorry to interrupt. They were putting in a Wooly's order, and I was like, do you reckon? This is two lines And it was the clearest, most evident two lines that there has ever been.
Speaker 5: So you told Matt's family before you talked Matt.
Speaker 1: I pretty much told everyone before I told Matt to because he wasn't here.
Speaker 2: We had a rule. We were loosely trying.
Speaker 6: But when I went into the jungle, I said to Laura, if I make it as far as the moment on the show where you guys come into the jungle, can you tell me if you are pregnant? And then she came in, and there was a thought in the back of my head, I'm like, well, she hasn't said anything.
Speaker 5: Surely you're going to say that on TV.
Speaker 1: No, it was too early because we've had a couple of pregnancy losses as well along the way, so I didn't want to have that conversation, which felt too early to have it, especially publicly. I wanted to make sure that we were in the clear in lots of ways.
Speaker 5: So then here's the question.
Speaker 3: You guys haven't been on the same path for a long time, for probably the last eighteen months on if you wanted more kids, like one of you wanted them when the other one didn't, and then it swapped and Laura.
Speaker 5: Would want it and Matt wasn't ready.
Speaker 3: How did you find the balance of getting to the same place at the same time.
Speaker 2: Something happened around Christmas time.
Speaker 6: Where we thought we should do this. It was like the one little window where we're both like, let's have a kid.
Speaker 4: It's hard because number three.
Speaker 1: Like I think for anyone who goes from having two kids to three kids, like there's a lot of mental gymnastics that has to happen. Because when you've got two kids, you're like, oh, we've got a car that fits two kids, Like, you.
Speaker 4: Know, we're not out number it.
Speaker 1: Just two kids, it seems like a relatively manageable family unit. And so I was the one who proposed, like, let's have another one, And for a little while there Matt was like, absolutely not. I think it was whenever I was ovulating, I was like, we should have another kid.
Speaker 5: It's interesting that it happened. It you say it happened at Christmas.
Speaker 3: It is the number one month of the year that people conceive because it's happy and joyful, and people are drinking and getting loose, they're stress, they're well.
Speaker 1: Tracking back our when the baby was conceived, it was Christmas Day, so it.
Speaker 4: Really was it really was a Christmas miracle.
Speaker 6: Everyone well, they're getting into the Christmas spirit.
Speaker 3: Weren't And so how did you react when Laura told you?
Speaker 4: How did I tell you?
Speaker 6: It was an interesting scenario because it was a couple of weeks after we returned from the jungle, and uh, before we went to bed, I went to Laura and said, well, I guess you're not pregnant because you haven't said anything. And then Laura said, yeah, I've been thinking about it and I don't know if it was the right idea to try and have a kid. And then in my head for the next two days that thought process was marinating, and then Laura gave me a scratchy.
Speaker 1: It said on the scratchy that you could win one hundred thousand dollars, but you had to scratch every icon, and one of the icons said we're having a baby.
Speaker 2: It was like sixty icons Matt, Matt scratch.
Speaker 1: Matt got over it halfway through and he was like, oh, this game sucks. And I was like, been quite annoyed at him, and I was like, just scratch all of the scratchy, keep playing, and so eventually he scratched the scratchy, but he just looked more confused than actually thrilled.
Speaker 6: I think at the time, well, I just I didn't know if it was part of the game.
Speaker 2: I was like, have I won the money or not? Or if Laura like a baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was like, so there is no money involved, it's just a baby, Okay. But now I am excited. I'm also very I'm nervous. I look at people with newborns and I think to myself, I cannot believe we're going back there. It's like we've run a marathon twice and now I'm lacing up to go back to the start line to do it all the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really I mean, I wonder if other people have felt this when they've had their third baby. Number one and two are like, we were so excited, and I guess now going into this pregnancy, it's like the blinkers or the rose colored glasses have been taken off. And we're very aware that as much as we are so excited and like couldn't be more thrilled, we know, we know that it's such a privilege to be able to have another baby, we're also just bit bloody frightened about what next year of our life.
Speaker 4: Friend.
Speaker 1: Look, the reason why you're here is because we do have something really exciting that we wanted to do together. We both have spoken a little bit about the fact that we're having a baby, but something that we've never done before when we've been I've been pregnant is find out the gender of the baby.
Speaker 4: So it's always been a surprise at birth.
Speaker 2: I bullied Laura into this, by the way, and this.
Speaker 1: Time that was the one who really wanted to find out what the gender is and I, you know, he wore me down. So we're gonna do it, And if you guys stick around, we're going to do it next Yes.
Speaker 3: So live on radio on the Pickup after the break, we are going to be finding out the sex of Laura and Maddie Jay's baby in a world first on the pick Up. In a world first on the Pickup. We are doing a very live in studio gender refeel. If you've just joined us, Mattie, Jan and Laura have just announced to the world that they're expecting a baby. We're so happy.
Speaker 6: The very first gender reveal on the pickup is that right'sight?
Speaker 2: Well first, I mean we think so, but I hope it's the first of many.
Speaker 4: Look, this is really big for us for a couple of reasons.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you guys been following the show for a while, you would know we have two little girls already.
Speaker 4: Marley and Lola, five and four.
Speaker 1: And we never found out the gender of our babies before the delivery day. It was always that moment of like, it's a girl as they kind of put on your chest, which I love and I find that so deeply special, and I didn't want to find out the gender. However, being that this is baby number three, Matt was like, just give me something.
Speaker 6: I don't understand why people want to lump in all those surprises on the one day.
Speaker 2: Why not spread them out.
Speaker 3: I like that you're meeting halfway and you're letting Matt find out. I think that the woman is the one that goes through the whole thing. At the end of the day, she gets to decide.
Speaker 2: For the first two and the third one. The rule is up to the mirror.
Speaker 6: I'm going to say it has to be a water birth, but not you fair, We'll discuss that when later.
Speaker 5: Okay, hang on, what do you guys want either way?
Speaker 3: Like if you had to, I know it's the old like, we just want a healthy baby, of course, but you get to pick what you want hypothetically in this situation.
Speaker 5: What do you have?
Speaker 1: I mean, we really really do just want a healthy baby.
Speaker 4: That's like number one. Of course.
Speaker 2: I I'd like an athlete.
Speaker 5: Okay, tennis or gold.
Speaker 6: Healthy is good, but I want it to be like a genetic freak of an athlete.
Speaker 2: I wanted to win gold medals.
Speaker 4: Do you want it to be a boy or a girl?
Speaker 6: Look, I will be happy with the girl. I'm just going to say that because I love.
Speaker 2: Being a girl. Dad.
Speaker 6: But at the same time, growing up, I always envisioned being a dad with a.
Speaker 3: Son, so you can go and do those like father son things. That's how you imagine.
Speaker 2: Obviously you can do it with daughters.
Speaker 1: But you do that all those things that you think you might want to do if you had a boy, you already do them with Ma like.
Speaker 2: You, Lola hate going to the footage. I'm like, who wants to go watch the roosters?
Speaker 3: And they're like.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that's But also like, you're very good at being a girl dad, like you have no reservations going getting your nails painted on a Saturday, or taking them out for baby chinos and doing like tea parties and stuff like you really slot into girl dad life in an incredible way.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 6: I love it, but I just think it would be great to experience being a dad to a son.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just because change of scenery.
Speaker 5: Exactly all right, So we've got Matt answer locked in.
Speaker 3: He would happy other way, but prefer to add a male to the already three female scenario. Laura, how are you feeling?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 1: If you'd ask me before having Molly and Laula. I always thought that I would be a mum to boys, but now that I have two girls, I deeply love being a mum to girls.
Speaker 4: So I don't care at all.
Speaker 5: Like I feel as though you're bad at this game.
Speaker 4: No, no, I mean it.
Speaker 2: I like she's such a politician.
Speaker 1: I will be thrilled with either like I'm such a fence sitter like I do not care.
Speaker 3: Well, it's your lucky day because you are getting one of them.
Speaker 4: I will be happy with a girl.
Speaker 1: I love what we have, and I think three sisters for them would be amazing. Rather than having a little brother who might be who will be five years younger, I think he might get left out a little bit.
Speaker 5: All right, well, we've got the cake. Laura has picked up the knife.
Speaker 3: Are you already We are going to live on radio find out the sex of your baby.
Speaker 5: This is so right now? Oh my god, are you guys excited? You're actually go about to find out where you're having.
Speaker 4: Okay, we have a gender reveal cake. I am cutting the cake.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not going to look so that we can all see it at the same time.
Speaker 5: Pull it out by hands, by hands, and.
Speaker 1: It's uh, it's a girl.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you're having a.
Speaker 4: Third little girl. Congratulationship.
Speaker 1: Oh my, there's a lot of estrogen in ouse.
Speaker 4: Please dome on that. How are you okay?
Speaker 2: I am I capable of producing boys? Worry. Let's go again. Let's go for a four.
Speaker 4: That said we're having three kids, turns out we're having four. No, you don't mean a baby girl. How do you feel, honey?
Speaker 1: Are you okay?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I feel I feel I feel good. I feel good.
Speaker 4: I feel I love you.
Speaker 2: When I look at.
Speaker 6: Young boys and I look how turbo they are, there is a part of me that goes I stuff that.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be involved. No, I'm thrilled I loving a girl.
Speaker 6: Dad. Obviously that's matched with a feeling of the fact that I'm never going to have a son.
Speaker 3: No, you watch now, you're going to go for around four guys, I'm tapping out.
Speaker 4: I'm almost forty. I'm not excuse me.
Speaker 3: I haven't started, so you don't have to type out yet.
Speaker 5: Age is butter number.
Speaker 4: I love you, honey.
Speaker 3: Guys, congratulations, thank you, thank you for sharing that with everyone.
Speaker 5: Everyone just found out with you that you're having a third baby.
Speaker 3: Girl.
Speaker 5: I think that's really really cool, and I'm really happy for you.
Speaker 3: I do think I was hoping for a boy, just for some like differentiation, but I do think overall it's going to be easier for you. You've already got all the girls stuff you guys don't have to convince me.
Speaker 1: I'm thrilled, guys off that I'm happy.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you can tell by the turn of my boys, but I'm smiling right now.
Speaker 2: I'm thrilled to have a beautiful girl.
Speaker 1: Well, guys, if you miss any of the show and you want to hear the rest of it, you can go and search the pick up wherever you listen to your podcast.
Speaker 4: All of it will be there.
Speaker 1: You can hear about how Matt found out that I was pregnant, and you can find out how I told him and all the rest of it.
Speaker 4: Go and have a listen there.
Speaker 2: How we need some names.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, I've got two.
Speaker 5: Are you going to tell you right now?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, No, that's that's for another day.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, names.
Speaker 5: God, if you do want to call it Brittany, I will be okay with that. All right, it's the pickup, see, guys,