Speaker 1: I would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which this episode is being recorded, the Komboo Marry people. We pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Today I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson, and this is the Rise and Conquer podcast. This is the podcast where we ch have mindset, self development and becoming your higher self mix soon with a lot of laughs, plus behind the scenes of my life running two businesses and being among Think of us as the perfect combo of brunch with your besties mixed with self development. No matter where you are in your journey, we're here to help you be curious, pull yourself out, and embrace radical self awareness. If you're ready to get into the driver's seat of your own life and stop letting life pass you.
Speaker 2: By, then you're in the right place.
Speaker 1: Hello everybody, and welcome back to the potty. I'm so excited for today's episode because it is the first time we have done something like this. So essentially, I'm taking you through a guided limiting belief unblocking journaling session. So if you have a limiting belief that you're holding around anything. Grab your journal and pen, and let's get into it. So, firstly, if you guys don't know what a limiting belief is, this is language that I've used for a very long time, and it's just when I talk about a belief that you may hold that is essentially something that feels like a truth to you because of maybe how you grew up with your family, or you know something that has happened to you and it feels so true to you and it stops you from basically living your dream life. So I give you examples in the guided journaling session. But a huge limiting belief that I had was I could earn money, but it had to I had to work really really hard, which led to me getting burnout and like you know, various situations that didn't feel good. So I had to unlearn this. And that's what an example of a limiting belief is. But you could have it around anything, And how you know it's a limiting belief. It's basically like your excuse of not doing something. It's the reason why you think you need to do something a certain way. And how you'll know is it feels true to you, but to someone else, they have done that thing, you know, despite the excuse, despite whatever the circumstance is, and that's how you know it's not actually a truth, it's just your belief. So grab out a journal or in if you're in the car, pause this. Highly recommend you come back when you can actually journal because it is going to be so powerful. We are going to leave some time, but definitely like pause. It really get deep and you can replay this as many many times as you need, So just a reminder as well. We do have a free money Mindset ebook bundle that you can download, and this really takes you through how to identify your money mindset blocks. So if you want to work through limiting beliefs around money, highly recommend to download this ebook bundle first, have a read through it, and then you then have this incredible journaling session. And we also have a free meditation which I talk about more in the episode, but you can download that as well as that in the show notes. So wait, we're not getting into it yet. We're going to a weekly recommendations.
Speaker 2: A tear mine is to enjoy the little things.
Speaker 1: I think that's Georgia's recommendation.
Speaker 3: Guys, I like, I've been start I just have nothing. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've been listening to one song and on repeat. But it's like not the greatest recommendation.
Speaker 3: I'll let you guys know what the song's called, but I apologize for my lack of preparation in terms of recommendations. This week, it's called Champagne Coast by Blood Orange, and it's just like a very chill, like relax, put it on, have a cook or like while you're showering kind of song.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, I do that too.
Speaker 1: When I fixate on one song and I have to based on repeat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's been me for like two weeks. What about you? What's your wreck?
Speaker 1: Well, as we're recording, it is the new full moon, and I did a full moon ceremony on the weekend with some girlfriends and it's kind of the first time that have like met up with some girlfriends, really sat down. We did like cocaw so ceremony grade cocaw. We set intentions, we drank our cocau. We did this beautiful breathing session, and then we journaled out what we're letting go of, which is what you do on a full moon. It's like what energy you're letting go of and what are you calling in? And it was so beautiful and it just really reminded me to cultivate. Like I think sometimes we get very stuck in what not what we can be doing with our friends. But you know, like I just think, oh, go to dinner.
Speaker 2: Or go for a walk.
Speaker 1: But it was so good to do something different with my friends. Yeah, and really bring in our you know, spiritual sides. So highly recommend next new moon or full moon to do a little ceremony with your friends and like make it fun. Like we had candles, we had decks of cards, and you know, we had like a whole platter and we just like laughed and it was really really beautiful.
Speaker 2: So that's a fat idea my recommendation. Shall we get into it?
Speaker 1: Yes, wish out. So this session is going to be so powerful. This is a bit of a taste of the mindset work we do in the Rise app and our courses. So if you loved this, definitely for a more in depth training, that is where you will find it. But you know, grab a tea or coffee, a little snack, your journal and pen and let's do this together. I really find that when I'm journaling, I like to set up my space so it's like light a little candle, a bit of sage, set the mood, the tone, maybe put on some light music and let's really tap in. Let's ground, let's get the most.
Speaker 2: Out of this.
Speaker 1: So I want you, guys to just remember that limiting belief work. It can be jarring, it can feel super uncomfortable because basically it's showing you where you have had beliefs usually your whole life, that have kept you small, that have kept you from making the you know, taking the risks and making the move to your dream reality. So a lot of emotion can come up, and I really want you to just be okay with it, just like, have no negative feelings around it, be super compassionate to yourself, and just be in total awareness because that's really what dissolves these blocks. So let's get started. I want you to write Step one, become aware. So one of the most common things with limiting beliefs is that people don't even rea it's a limiting belief. They just think it's fact. So because in their life it feels like a truth for them, They're like, no, this is just a fact in my life. And what is the most life changing thing is when you understand that your beliefs aren't facts. They may feel true to you, but for example, if it's different for someone else, it means it's a limiting belief. It's not a truth for you. If your current reality is not a reflection of your dream life of what you want in the future, then you need to work through these limiting beliefs in order to have that dream reality, because that person who has that dream reality doesn't have your current belief system, otherwise you would already have that dream reality. It can be hard to even become aware of our limiting beliefs because they do feel like just facts to us. And a huge thing is to realize where someone else has a different reality, a different truth, and that is going to be a bit of an insight into oh I do have a limiting belief around this area, or if it's just a belief that limits you, it doesn't feel good, it feels negative. You also know that is a limiting belief. So we're chatting about money today. So for example, let's say a big bill comes in.
Speaker 2: Do you avoid it?
Speaker 1: Do you get in a victim mindset of like, oh, of course I would get this bill. Of course this happens to me. Do you leave it to last minute to pay it?
Speaker 2: Do you feel super.
Speaker 1: Sad and negative about it? These are going to be little moments that are going to show you your limiting beliefs. So I wanted to ask yourself, does the most abundant version of you make the same decision. If they don't, you know, this is something you have to change because, for example, when bills come in for me, I'm like, oh my gosh, what a privilege it is to have electricity, to have water, to have these things for Ivy me and my family. What a privilege? Or you know, let's say a big tax bill comes in and I'm like, what a privilege to earn money and to live in a country where the streets are clean, there's lights on, you know, the streets, there's ambulances, there's public schools. What a privilege? Do you see how that is such a different mindset from someone who sees a bill and is sad unhappy in a victim mindset. So once you're aware of that limiting belief and a couple limiting beliefs around money is like money is really hard to come by. Only greedy people have money. The more money I earn, the more responsibilities I have. Only rich people have more than enough money. Those are just some examples. So step two is identify the belief. So again this can be difficult to do because sometimes it's hard to see it. But ask yourself, are you someone who avoids checking your bank account? Do you feel anxious around money? Do you feel like you know you can earn money but then it leaves you?
Speaker 2: So this step is about.
Speaker 1: Getting really clear about how you feel about this belief. So let's go back to our example. So let's say someone who avoids checking their bank account. It's because they feel anxious when they see the amount in their bank account. So if you're feeling anxious about it, it means you have anxiety towards money.
Speaker 2: Let's just say so.
Speaker 1: Then another question you could ask yourself is okay, a person who feels anxious around money, what would they have to believe to be true in order to feel anxious around money? So this could be thoughts like my earning potential is capped, I don't have enough to live the life I want. I'm so far from where I want to be financially there is no chance for me to make more money in this economy. These are all limiting beliefs. So often in a bigger limiting belief and having awareness that all I do have limiting beliefs around money, you can find smaller, more niche examples of limiting beliefs, which is great because the more specific the better because we can really find the underlying reason for this limiting belief. So step three is all about and guys, if you're listening and you want to like, have some more time to write things down, pause this, write it down, and then.
Speaker 2: Come back to it.
Speaker 1: So the next step we are going to do is really break down the belief. So think of your belief like a table. So all of the evidence are like legs holding up that table. So depending how this belief was ingrained, it could have twenty legs, it could have three legs. You know, it's just going to depend. So I want you to think about the different legs under that table, which is your belief that is really holding it up. So how is the belief showing up in my life? Ask yourself that what is the pattern here? So for example, really think about maybe even evidence in your life of you know, how money doesn't show up, why you're anxious about money, those sorts of things.
Speaker 2: I'll give you some time to write that down. So the next step I.
Speaker 1: Want you to do is attaching pain to this belief. Now this is an interesting step, but basically the way that the human brain works is we get scared to change because change is the unknown, and it's scary, it's uncomfortable. So there's a great saying of like, we would rather the devil we know than the devil we don't, So we hold this belief even if it's uncomfortable, because we would rather this belief than a new one that, you know, let's say, could be worse. So by attaching and illuminating more pain in this belief, we will start logically dissolving this belief. So with your limiting belief, I want you to write down all the ways it creates pain. So, for example, let's say you're anxious around money. So attaching pain to it was I'm anxious around money. I never checked my bank account, so I'm never actually clear how much money I can spend how much money I can't spend, so I end up in debt. That is a pain attached to that belief and I want you to really list try and go deep with this, try and really show your subconscious mind how much pain is really attached to this. So the next step is looking at the second hand gain. So we do not and I talk about this a lot on the podcast, especially recently because it's so insightful, but we do not hold beliefs unless we gain something from it, unless we have a benefit. So let's say the you feeling anxious about money and you get scared to look at your bank account. What you gain from that is you don't have to take responsibility. You don't actually have to make hard investing choices or have clarity about your money, which you get benefit from. Maybe you get benefit from because you get to tell your boyfriend that you're bad with money and he indulges you and he's like, oh, babe, I'm so sorry you feel like that, and you get to feel you know, you get that dopamine here, You get to feel good because someone is giving you attention. It can literally be gain in that way. Again, this is going to be a step that can be really uncomfortable because sometimes the gain is like, ill, why am I like that?
Speaker 2: Why am I that person?
Speaker 1: But we need to look at it, because without looking at it, we cannot change it. So the next step I want you to do is really dive into the feeling around this limiting belief.
Speaker 2: So is it anxiety? Is it stress? Is it fear?
Speaker 1: Is this feeling new? Or have you felt this before? So most of the time we have felt it before, And how did the last time you feel it?
Speaker 2: How did you move through it?
Speaker 1: So again, usually we have a pattern of we feel this feeling and then we have a way that we deal with it. So maybe it's like we feel anxious about money, we feel like we can't hold onto wealth, and so we go spend all our money. Or maybe it's we feel bad about something else and then we go spend all our money and that's like the pattern. So it's like, what is the feeling anxiety, stress, fear, guilt, shame? Attach a feeling to it. Okay, So the next step is knocking the table legs down. So it's time to start really questioning this belief poke And we're basically going to knock it down so we don't want to cling onto it or hold it anymore in our subconscious brain. So a series of questions that you can ask yourself, is is this belief absolutely one hundred percent all of the time, no matter what true.
Speaker 2: I'm going to tell you now it's not. But you gotta get to that by yourself.
Speaker 1: I want you to also find examples of where this has been false in your life, so use that evidence to really knock that table down. So go back to the step where we wrote down all the table legs, and I want you to now knock that down. So you know, let's say you have a limiting belief around money is never there for me, it always goes. I guarantee you there is an instance where you have been supported by money. It can be literally as simple as you have enough money for electric city and water to have a shower. That is you being supported by money. Okay, So last thing I want you to do in this step is think about the universe or your higher self. What would they say about this belief? So the version of you that has everything you desire, if they could come through to you and tell you something about this belief, what would they say, For example, what I said before, she would say.
Speaker 2: Georgia, you were so supported by money. You just wait.
Speaker 1: So the next step I want you to do is really connect to it from a third person perspective. So imagine if your best friend, your partner, a family member, or a close person in your life came to you with this limiting belief, with this feeling, what would you say to them? Write it down and read it back to yourself. You're going to be so surprised what wisdom like really flows through when you put this from another perspective. So the next step I want you to do is create a new belief that is going to wipe out and go on top of this limiting belief. So it's obviously going to support your growth and your evolution and your dream reality. It's basically going to be the opposite.
Speaker 2: So if it is I.
Speaker 1: Don't feel supported by money, it's going to be I am so supportive of money. I constantly have evidence that I'm supportive of money. So this belief is going to feel really good. It's probably going to be very simple. It's going to be like an affirmation. So the last thing I want you to do is you need to start creating new evidence of this belief. So now you've really knocked out the legs, you realize that this belief is not serving you and you have a new belief, I want you to start creating evidence, really kind of gather the evidence for your subconscious brain, for you conscious brain of this belief of this new belief being the truth. So this is something that you'll go out and do after this journaling session. And it's just about, for example, if the new belief is I'm so supported by money. Every time that you have a shower, that you know, the paycheck comes in, someone pays you, something good happens, reaffirm that belief I am so supported by money. Look what's just happened. And again, the big thing with this step is realizing that while your new reality is calibrating, you are still going to have some evidence of that old belief. But I really want you to just ignore it. I know that sounds simple, but just ignore it because what you focus on expands. So I want you even let's say something happens like you get a bill, like you get a fine, and it's trying to really reaffirm the previous belief of I'm not supported by money. I want you in that moment to go, okay, I can either pick that or I can pick my new belief. My new belief is I'm supported by money, So what's something that's happened recently where I'm actually supported by money and focus on that.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: It's really that simple to shift a belief. You need to start building out as much evidence as possible to support that new belief. And even now, I guarantee you there's a lot of great things that have happened. So write down what is that new evidence, and now make sure you move through life and correlate, really put that evidence gather it, be a little detective, and that is going to be your new belief. Now to finish this episode, I did just want.
Speaker 2: To remind you guys.
Speaker 1: That you know you will be tested. You will be tested on if you want to reaffirm this new belief. So the old belief you might have evidence that happens, but again it is up to you which belief you reaffirm. You know you will be presented opportunities to prove that you are the person with the new belief. So that is amazing, and really look at it with positivity and really engage in repetition. So we know consistency is everything. You're not always going to get it right, but you always have another opportunity to repeat to reaffirm the new belief, and first we.
Speaker 2: Have to change.
Speaker 1: We have to consciously make a change, and then our brain pass change. So it just gets easier and easier. The more you do this, the more you reaffirm your new belief. So, my loves, I hope this was helped obviously, if you found this helpful and you want to go deeper, we do have a money course coming to Rise and Conquer, which we are so excited about. And if you do want meditations and activations and pep talks about money, we also do have a money month happening in the Rise app, so we'll put a link for that. But thank you so much for listening. I hope this was helpful. Definitely save this, to come back to this, to come back to this and redo this journaling session, because you really can use it for any limiting belief, not just money. Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcas and we have a small team so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing. And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.