Speaker 1: Hi, guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life Uncut. I'm Laura and I'm Brittany. Hi Brittany, how's your week? Bed? I don't know why, I swear to God every time we get in a room together, we just start laughing hysterically, and I'm not actually sure what we're laughing at. Nothing has happened. No, that's nothing in my week, nothing funny, And here we are yet again, like groundhog Day. I'm gonna be honest. I have had a really funny week? Is it a sad week? Actually? I did have someone say something funny. Oh, I do have something funny. Actually, thank you. I only just thought now it was like, okay, I jumped back onto the online dating world. Guys, Holy shit, let the girl out the gate, hold her back. Well, you gotta kind of keep got to get back into it. Gouta be in it to win it. The get back on that horse I've been out of it for a long time, or the bull because the bulls are the ones that go for red flag flag. Yeah, get back up, get back on some sort of wild animal. So I was just talking to this guy and he'd been he'd wanted to meet up a few times. Can I just say I was so excited for you that I'm back on the horse slash bull slash animal. Really, just because you're back on something, you've got no choice. You have to you have to be online now because a the generation we live in, people don't approach each other to ask each other out anymore, as we already know, like the very very rare time that happens in the wild, most people just jump on it and say yes, like yeah, let's go on a date, even if they don't like them, because they're like, it just doesn't happen. It's like a unicorn finding a unicorn. B covid is really really limiting the limited number of opportunities that already existed. And it's scrammy jam, isn't it. How over I feel like online is the only way to do it. But I had been talking to this guy and he was trying to catch up a few times, and classic Brittany just works every single night until two am, so I don't have a lot of free time. And he sent me this message and he said, hey, it'd be good to catch up this weekend, but just so you know, my weekend's filling up fast. So you better get in quick. I'm not kidding, Like that's why I wish you're like, all right, book me in for two pm, then thank you. It was like it was almost like he was trying to be like I'm super popular like now andever, and I was like, oh, well, you sound busy, like I won't. I'm not gonna bother you. But also filling up with what is what I want to know? Like filling up with other dates, filling up because he's got to go see his mom, Like, what's it filling up with? I don't know. My weekend is filling up quickly, so you better get in quick. It's always good to feel like you're a priority in someone's life. I was like, wowie, what would have been a better thing to say is hey, I got a super busy weekend. Would to see so I'll make time to me when you're friend? So how's the dating world going? How how did that end? Are we happy to be back?
Speaker 2: Oh? Git?
Speaker 1: It's like, oh it's it's I forgot what the world was like. I forgot what the online dating world was like. But do you know what is funny? Actually, oh my god, I said I didn't have a funny week, but I did.
Speaker 3: This is it.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy that you're back. This is the old Brittany. Guys, if you've been listening to this podcast from the get go, then you will remember back when there was meat Raffle and sit on my face guy. Those are the golden days of life on Cut, when Brittany could bring her dating stories to the podcast. And she's back and I'm so happy. Actually, a really quick update on meat Raffle, not like an actual update, but that we had a mutual friend right, and I was with the mutual friend. I haven't seen her thought of meat Raffle in a long time, Like I'm basically a veacon. I don't think of meat Raffles. And I was with this mutual friend and there must have been a photo up on his story, and meet Raffle texted the friend and said, tell britt I miss her way to try and cut your grass. But also then he said, so my friend's like, oh, meet Raffles and he misses you. Oh to tell you that? And I said, he can tell me himself, and he wrote that back. She said tell herself, and he wrote, I can't. She blocked me because what you guys did in here is that meat Raffle ended up being not so nice a guy. Nah he was Nah, he was rogue. We they kicked him to the curve.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: But what was funny is so I jumped back online only like a few days ago and match with a few people like you know, in the first day. But all of them started to say the same thing did you match with? Like did you match with like a dating bot? All of them know, all of them started to say the same on the same sort of like wavelength, So things like ah, third time, lucky, maybe we're like meet this time. Another one, oh, you disappeared on me and I was like, I was like, hang on a minute. Then another one the same sort of thing. You know, when are we finally going to meet? This time you kept pulling the pin last minute sort of thing, and I was like, what is going on? I smell a rat anyway. Actually, one of our listeners had had screamed, okay, get this, I come without I've told you one of our listeners. I'm like in shock right now why this happened. Also, I just loved it. I was like, mah, I got nothing to say. I know that was very misleading because like you live a single life. There's lots of things happening in your life. Nothing happens in my life. So when I say nothing's happened, I mean it. And when you say it, you're like, oh, actually sorry, I don't want to stand last night with the hottest guy ever here it is no. So one of our listeners wrote me and she was like, hey, like, heads up, I just want to let you know, like I was seeing a guy and she's like, I don't know. I was seeing him for quite a while, like he's my boyfriend. And she's like, I don't know why he's sent me this. I don't know if he's I think it was he was trying to throw something back in my face and be like, well, look I've moved on. But he screenshot This is her ex boyfriend. His screenshot a conversation online dating between Brittany and himself, Brittany being me, and it was my profile and he sent this conversation and my profile to her, being like, look I'm talking to Brittany anyway, so like I'm done with your type thing? Is she sent that to me? She's like, just so you know, he's like showing people your guys conversation and I was like, that's not me. It's like I was. I was like, that is actually not me. Oh my god, there's been a fake profile of you circulated. So there is a fake prefle on me that is just going to town on all these conversations. I don't know. Obviously they've not met up with anyone because it's not me. But God only knows what they've been saying. So but I wrote back to her and I was like, I read what the conversation was. I was like, I can one hundred percent confirm that is not me because Brittany fake Brittany opened up with So you know, you wouldn't even know this on Bumble you only get twenty four hours to start the conversation. Well, I remember this. I us Bumble premat days and that was the that was the thing back then. It was like the chicks have to introduce. I just felt like that was Roman times for you. So I'm wasn't sure if your Facebook wasn't even around. No, okay, So we were still using dial up connection. We called each other on the telephone that was connected to the wall with a piece of string where it's like asl So, yeah, you get this twenty four hours, right to start the conversation. And if you don't start it, they expire or he extended. The guy can extend the conversation. That's right. If the girl hasn't spoken to the guy, the guy can be like, please give me another twenty four hours. So he has done that, he's obviously we've matched. I haven't spoken. He's extended the twenty four hours. And then my opening line was, thank god you extended the match. I would have hated to have let someone like you slip me by. And I was like, real, he would never say that, fake Brittany, your shit together. If you're going to be out there impersonating me, let me be cool, like, let me play it cool. I just love Okay, I'm sure hopefully this listener is listening to this and she just hears her ex boyfriend just got railed. But apart from that, I just love that whoever's created this fake profile for you has actually really committed to it and gone through and talked to people like I mean, you see loads of fake profiles, but usually it's like some Nigerian guy trying to scam someone, not just like out there to have a chit chat. Has your day, and and I had to say to this one guy and then I had like a little online fight with him. It wasn't his fault, but I said to him, Oh, look, I'm in complete transparency. I don't think no, I don't think we've ever matched. Because he was one that was like third time lucky. I was like like, I don't think we've ever matched, because he's quite cute. I was like, I don't think we've ever matched. I'm gonna just be honest. There's actually a fake prof like there's a catfish. So I have a that you've probably been speaking to fake me and no one's gonna believe you. Bretton, I know. And then he goes, oh, well, how do I know it's real you now? And I don't really here's a photo of my boobs.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I got so defensive. I was just like, you know what, I don't have the energy for this. I was like, I was like, it's on trust. If you don't want to speak to me because don't think it's me, that's fine, have a great day. That's what I said that it was so uncalled for, but I was just really like, I don't have the energy to go back finally I'm back online, and now I've had all these conversations with people, and I just don't have the energy to be like defending myself to someone I don't know, saying I promise it's me, Like, no, I'm not gonna do that. So I just said to him, look, it's me. If you want to, if you want to believe that, we can keep talking, but I'm not gonna try and prove my point to you. Does that mean that there is still a profile that's circulating or do you think that one is now no longer there? Or are you simultaneously online dating and talking to a shit ton of guys? I reckon there's two of us. And also, maybe this person's put in some good groundwork for you, because clearly you've just rematched with everyone anyway. So they weren't super offensive or anything, but imagine if they've just said yes to everyone, they're probably not even looking and just swiping right on every like a guy. But one thing I can say about fake Brittany is they did they did pick some solid photos, like from my Instagram, so like I was happy with what my profile looked like. Good, I'm glad. I'm glad that they put their best foot forward for you, you know, and then you know what, You've just had like a little soft entry back into the dating world anyway, So that's what's happening. So it's not it's not gonna be easy. I feel like I have an uphill battle on my hands. Well, I am, for one, and I'm going to speak on behalf of every single person who listens to this podcast. I'm so happy you're back. Yeah, I know all of you evil people that were hoping that I would come back single just so you could live vicariously. Guys, I want a boyfriend like you have to put your good vibes out there for me. Now we're all putting good vibes out there, but we still want stories in between. Now, when that happens, we want to like monopolize as much as possible. But today, for today's episode, guys, we have I might say it every week, but a very special episode and that's because we have a guest for today's episode. We did tease it a little bit last week. We have Juliet Allen, who is one of Australia's leading sexologists on the podcast today and she's going to be answering all your deep, dark and dirty questions, all the questions that we haven't been able to answer that have come across on Ask Guncut. So we thought after having a dating and relationship podcast for a year, it was probably the time that we answered a few sex questions. But I also think it's a sort of topic that should be done with a professional. I think it should be done with someone that's actually trained, and Juliette has really putting the hard jat She's a psychologist before she became a sex therapist, so she already knows the shit that's going on in your head. She's done the theoretical and the practical application. She's done a dedicated degree. And what I will say about Juliet she was a surprise little package, wasn't she. Laura, She's a firecracker guy, so please hang in for that part of the episode. Also be a little bit forgiving, guys, because we have recorded this interview remotely, so we've done our absolute best to meet the audio as amazing possible, but obviously the fact that like we're in separate places, there is a tiny bit of difference between the quality of the recordings to what you're usually used to, so we just want to, like, you know, make you aware of that, and hang in there for the chat because the chat is really great and you will have a couple of good giggles in there as well. We're still in crazy times, we're still in COVID precautions, so we're still trying to do our best to give you really, really great quality episodes every single week. We knew Juliette would be worth it. We did want to speak to her, but unfortunately we just had to do it remotely. So we're doing the best we can, So hang in there anyway, Brittany. Now it is time for our favorite part of the episode, Dun Dun dud, a bit that we drink wine. Yes, it's that, but it's also time for accidentally unfiltered. And for anybody who hasn't listened to an episode and doesn't know what accidentally unfiltered is because we didn't do it in last week's episode, that is basically where we tell you your most embarrassing stories and we all laugh together at your misfortune. Those moments, you know, I'm just thinking, I've had so many of these. It's just those moments you just wish you could sink into the ground. And bury yourself. There the moments we love, There the moments you rite us, and there the moments we read to you. So I have a cracker lacker coming right up, all right, girlfriend, and bring it. Yeay, this one's actually so innocent. I think the innocent ones are the best ones. A few years ago, I was nearly single and at a party at a friend's house, someone I had only met a few times, and lots of people there that I did not know. I was trying to get out of my comfort zone and joining conversations in the room, just trying to be cool and make friends, you know. I overheard two girls near me chouting away and I heard them mention their bullet. I thought, Aha, something I can relate to. So I casually decided to join the conversation and I turned to them as I had a ninja bullet too. I'd only recently bought mine, so I felt like I could contribute. So I casually decided to join the conversation and I turned to them to start up. To start up a chat, I asked how powerful theirs were, because I know you can get different to power. One of the girls, we have a ninja bullet. It's what you put your food process? Yeah, make soups out of it, all right, Okay? I was like one of girls were saying how much she loved hers, and I said, I love mine too, and I use it every single day, sometimes twice a day. We all kept chatting, and then I said that I love to make smoothies in mine. They both looked at me blankly and laughed. I had no idea why until they told me they were indeed referring to their bullet vibrator, not a Ninja bullet blender. Feel like I made friends that night. Can you imagine just being ah, well, mine's a bit more nutritional. It makes fantastic soups and smoothies, but like yourself really good too. It's like turning the vibrator on and throwing it into like a glass with stuff in it to mix up with smoothie. Like the girls would have been like, you use yours to make smoothies? Like what how do you do that? You just use it like a mallet and just mash it with holy purpose. Oh my god, I don't know how confidently she would have been saying it too. She's like, and what power is yours?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sometimes two three times a day. I would have been like, you're a bloody animal. I like, she use at a breakfast and also at dinner time, and take it to work. It's so graty in the ki you can transport it everywhere. This reminds me. This reminds me of the time when I was I was working in an office many many moons ago, and a girlfriend of mine at the time, this is back when, you know, this is back when the days when you're in your early twenties and people are being a little bit naughty. And one of my girlfriends was like, oh, do you think I should get a bag tonight? And I was like, what do you mean? And she was like, do you think I should buy a bag? She's like and I was like, well, how much is a bag? And she was like, well, it's three hundred dollars. And I was like, but is it a leather bag? And she looked at me like I was an so idiot. And I was like, well, if it's a leather three hundred dollars bag, that seems like it's totally suitable. And I know there's gonna be a few people who know what I'm talking about right now, and I felt very, very dumb when I realized she was not talking about a leather bag, and it was a Saturday night. It was a different bag that is definitely not worth three hundred dollars, mind you, waste of money. But exact same thing happened literally like two weeks ago to my sister Sherry. That was a big group of us chatting and I just know show like the back of my hand, and they were talking about some person and they were like, yeah, he probably just got paid in bags. I could see Sharon's face and she was, Oh, I'd like to be paid a designer bag. Yeah, she was like like plentie. I looked at him and I was like, not that kind of bag, Sherry. She's like, lookind a bag and I'm like, this is I love you. This the innocence. The innocence is just bloody hell. Have you got something to give me? Okay, I don't have an accidentally unfiltered story for you today, I know, much to probably everyone's sadness, since it's the best part of the episode. But we had started another section which was I can't believe they said that. And today I put up a thing on our Facebook page which was about the strangest thing that you've been asked to do during sex, and like, this isn't to King shame anyone, but this is just like, you know, the most outrageous thing that you've been asked to do in the bedroom. It's not even King shame me either. It's just like, it's just there are so many different people out there, so many different situations, and it's a whole other world, and I think it's great to learn about it. Ab so fuckolutely. So I was reading through them today and there was one that just made me actually stop and burst out laughing because I was thinking, we've all been there? Have we all been there? I will be the judge of this. So one listener wrote in and she wrote, this guy couldn't get it up, and we were halfway through and he was just like, oh, for fuck's sake, just put it in anyway, like a marshmallow.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: So this just reminded me when I was young and I remember asking my mom why why does a guy have to have an erection in order to have sex? And my mom was like, well, Laura, just imagine trying to shove a marshmallow into a money box, and that visual has stuck with me my entire fucking life. It's like putting into a cheese crater. But then I mentioned putting it into a cheese grade just in terms of like the diameter of the slot. I was like, I feel like it's very different from trying to shove it into a cheese I don't think any guy is gonna be up for that. But I said this to Matt, it read it to mad. Matt was like, yeah, because then like maybe if he got it in there, he'd get an erection. I was like, how, No, how like little of a turn on? Is that going to be shoving? Stuffing? You can't even shove it in there. You've got to stuff the flaccid pen of this inside of you and not move. They get hard not move because you can't move. Nah. I Yeah, I'm with you. I think probably most people have been there. We've all been there, We've all tried it. It doesn't work. Look, there's a reason why men are supposed to have an erection in order to have sex. So fine, some guys can't. There's other ways around it. But I don't think the solution to the problem is stuffing it inside. It's probably not to yell at her and say just put it in and you fold it in half and shove it in. Oh bless. Anyway, have you got one for me? No? Just like straight up. I don't know why, because I knew today was a really long EP, so I was like, I feel like, no one wants to hear us talk for that long, So I thought we should just shorten the intro. But but then I just told you like twenty of my stories anyway. No, So we pre recorded this interview with Juliet. Guys, we really hope that you enjoy it. We both had such an awesome time recording this and such an awesome time listening to her stories and also listening to her views and her answers on a lot of these questions that we put out there and asked her about sex, about orgasms, about libido, all the questions that we've had come in that we've been sitting on for a little while. So we're going to get into the interview now, and we're really excited to hear your thoughts on this one. Juliet. We're so excited to have you on for today's episode. Welcome, thank you, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: I'm actually really excited to chat to you, lovely ladies today.
Speaker 1: We're excited because you are a sexologist extraordinary. I've labeled you that. I think you're a was just extraordinair. So what makes you a sexologist? Like, what do you have to study? We had so many questions when we put out our questions to our listeners, and one of the biggest ones was what is a sexologist?
Speaker 3: Good question?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll give you a brief background of how I got to where I am today.
Speaker 1: What makes you qualified to be talking about sex other than you just love it?
Speaker 2: Well, I was gonna say that aside from just loving sex, I studied psychology when I was a lot younger.
Speaker 3: Straight out of school. I hated psychology.
Speaker 2: I found it really difficult and I found it really clinical. So I studied psychology. I finished the degree, and then I traveled he and then I became a mom. Then I became a yoga teacher, and I was teaching yoga and for a couple of years, and I towards the end of teaching, I just got really bored of like number staying at the end of class and.
Speaker 1: Number can't stay here forever.
Speaker 2: It just felt Yeah, I was just like oh, no, another numbers, and I was working heaps of women, and women were always coming to me asking me about sex and talking about their sex lives, and it was I was always that person in my friendship circle who people always came to and disclosed stuff, and so I found it really easy to talk about And back to the yoga, I just felt like there was something more to my career than just teaching yoga. So I mentioned to a friend, you know, how can I make a living out of sex but not become a sex worker. Yeah. We found out that there was a master's in sexology in Australia. It's the only degree in the Southern hemisphere that does sexology as a degree. So I enrolled and within like a month, I was studying sexology at UNI. And as soon as I started, I just knew this was for me. And now that I look back on it, when I used to with my therapist when I was like early twenties and single and sleeping around, and I felt like I was a bit of a sex addict but I wasn't. But I went to therapy being like, I think maybe I'm addicted, and she.
Speaker 3: Was like this, You're not addicted. It's just one day.
Speaker 2: You're going to make a career out of this somehow, because it's really a really big part of you. And so I look back and you know, I had this therapy session so many years ago, and then I finally, you know, found that career.
Speaker 1: So can I ask a few things? A how long is a sexology degree? And B how old were you when you started it? Like when you really were like, this is a career change. I'm not happy with what I'm doing. Because I think a lot of women also hit that point where they're like, is this me forever? Am I going to number? Stay here forever?
Speaker 2: I'm thirty eight now, so I was about thirty when I decided to do the career change.
Speaker 3: So I've been going for about eight years.
Speaker 1: I love that because because like I just said, we get a lot of people right into saying that they're not happy with their life and how do you change your career in such a drastic direction? And I love that you were like, simple, I'm not happy. What do I love? I love sex? How can I do it? And then you went and did it. I think most of them who are like I love sex and aren't like I'm going to go read about sex. I'm going to go learn about sex. They're just more like I'm going to do the sex. It's a very you took a very theoretical application to something that's usually a very practical course.
Speaker 3: Well, it was very practical for me too.
Speaker 2: I had a really good excuse when I was studying to do multiple case studies, and I even would joke with friends and be like, this is a great case.
Speaker 1: Study business market research.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there's a lot of research gone on behind the scenes. Did you ever slide into anyone, like anyone famous or like just someone that's really really hot and be like, look, I'm doing an assignment for UNI, I need to have sex.
Speaker 3: Kind of.
Speaker 2: I guess I kind of took advantage of the fact I was studying sex. And you know, when when the conversation when people hear that I'm a sexologist, or when they heard I was studying it, it always opens up really interesting conversations with people. So it was a good doorway into you know, lots of case studies.
Speaker 1: Like looking back now, because you've said you've got a partner, now, did you find it was more detrimental to you or more of an advantage when you were sort of dating and telling people. Were there more people that were like, Oh, I can't go there because this is too intimidating, or were there more guys that were like, hell's yeah.
Speaker 3: I never saw it as a disadvantage.
Speaker 2: I think it actually just I attracted in men and women because I was in a relationship with a woman when I started studying sexology, and then you know, I just just go back and forward.
Speaker 3: But I'm more into guys.
Speaker 2: But I think I just attracted in really quality lovers, to be honest, who like were prepared to step up and be like, Okay, she's a sexologist, just you know, this is what she does. And it's like it's the caliber went up because everyone who's too scared or doesn't have the confidence didn't want to approach.
Speaker 1: We've been so excited to do this episode because we do so every week. We have a second episode that we do on Thursdays, which is our Ask Uncut. And I guess there's been like so many times where we've been asked questions around sex or very sexually specific questions where like we don't have the experience to be able to comment on it, or we haven't felt comfortable commenting on it. For fear of it ending up in the daily mail. So we are like so excited to have somebody who has this experience and who also has a better understanding of human connection of how to like approach these conversations with their partner. And so we have put together a whole list of questions that have come from the listeners that we want to throw at you and have your experience and your expectees to answer them. The absolute number one question that we received and that we continuously receive it revolves around libido and having mismatched libidos with your partner. What is it that you think affects someone's libido?
Speaker 2: Firstly, low libido is I feel like an epidemic in the world. So many people are suffering from a lo lobido.
Speaker 1: I like that we're suffering from a pandemic. And you're like, but the real epidemic here is people aren't having at Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So firstly, for those who asked it, you know you're not alone. If you're if you don't have the confidence to talk to friends or family about it, just know if you're listening to this that you are not the only one who is experiencing lo lovito. Or who has a partner who experiences lo libido. So some of the main causes of lolobido are really basic things that we're not taught about.
Speaker 3: We're not educated about what affects a.
Speaker 2: Libido at all. So stress is a huge one that affects us. And that could be like work stress, so overworking.
Speaker 3: Feeling tired. So you know, for new mums that can be really.
Speaker 1: Challenged, guilty as charged.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, like you probably relate to the feeling type thing, and so do as a mother. And so when we have lack of sleep, both for women and men, it can definitely affect albedo. If we're eating really bad food, you know, we're just eating takeaway all the time, our body isn't taking in good nutrients that create the hormones that make us want to have sex. And this goes for men and women. So what happens when our body's under stress is it naturally decommissions our sex drive. So it goes into this mode of like, Okay, my basic needs aren't being met, I'm not sleeping enough, I'm not getting the nutrition I need, my body's not moving. What else it could come down to, like thought patterns that are happening, you know, negative thoughts and it goes, all right, I'm shutting down the sex drive in your body, so that to preserve energy.
Speaker 3: So that's something.
Speaker 2: That people really need to be aware of, and that's one of the biggest causes of low libido. And then another one would be in relationships, conflict and lack of communication, disrespect, all sorts of things, cheating, you know, death in the family, like life events, loss of a job. So at the moment, with what's going on in the world, there's like so many people who are experiencing really low libido because of the craziness that's unfolding around the globe.
Speaker 3: So I've had a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Come to me with libido challenges at the moment more than usual.
Speaker 1: I love that you said straightaway, if you have low libido, you're not alone, because I can't tell you. For all the listeners, it was the number one question. We get it all the time, and each person that writes in sort of sort of says it like they feel like they're the only one. So I love that we can tell everyone that you are not alone. And it's nice to know that you've just said there are so many little things just like looking after your body that you can do to try and get back on track.
Speaker 2: You know, we need to accept that throughout our lifetime, our libido is going to go up and down. So for people who are finding low libido or challenge, sometimes the best thing to do is just to accept right now, I don't feel like sex. This is like, I just need to accept this about myself. And so for clients of mine, when they just accept it, it's like they can just relax and take the pressure off. So's and that's what I do because I think naturally I have a higher lobido than most people, but I do go through stages where I'm just like, I don't really feel like it, and instead of putting pressure on, like well I should, you know, I should feel like it, I should feel like having sex, I'm just like, well, obviously right now my body doesn't want it. I don't feel like it, and that's okay, And so acceptance is really key.
Speaker 1: I do have one more thing that I wonder if you can shed some light on. I don't know if it's a myth or if it's true, but generally speaking, do you think contraception like being on the pill? Do you think that affects people's libido.
Speaker 2: I think it can definitely have that effect on some women.
Speaker 3: In general, everyone's unique.
Speaker 2: So for one woman, her libido may drop, she may put on weight, she may get you know, all these different side effects of the pill, and then for others, the libido can actually increase.
Speaker 3: So it's not something that I.
Speaker 2: Can say in general, and I haven't seen the latest stats around it as to what women are experiencing, but guaranteed, you know, it's a synthetic product that we're putting in our body to alter the hormones and trick the body, and it's going to have effects. So for me, I was on it when I was about twenty for only a few months. That's the only time I've been on it, and I did experience really bad side effects of like really altered moods, feeling grumpy all the time, which led to me not wanting sex, which led to more conflict with my then partner.
Speaker 3: So that's my personal experience of the pill. Everybody's different.
Speaker 1: Also, just like taking back to what you were saying before about like this idea of how stress and how at different points in your life you're going to fluctuate in your libido. Like, I love that you've touched on that, and I think that that's so important because, like I mean, we talk pretty openly on the podcast about the fact that me having a one year old kid, Uh yeah, my sex life isn't what it used to be. But I to put it lightly, just put it out there, and like, I don't have any shame in telling about that, because I know that that's not going to be the normal forever. I just know that right now, in this period of our life, it's a really difficult thing to juggle, and like I kind of feel like you have a love cup and sometimes when so much of it is taken up by tending to your children, or to your baby, or to whatever else in your life that takes so much of you, there's only so much that you have left to then kind of give to your partner as well. And I know that that's not that that is not sustainable over the long term, because obviously, like you need to prioritize your relationship in order for that to maintain and be healthy. But I think there are times in life where you have this fluctuation and that has to be Okay.
Speaker 2: I agree, definitely, there's that that's saying for new mums that you can feel like touched out or because you're always being touched. You know, you're holding your child, breastfeeding if you choose to breastfeed, and you just I know, by the end of the day, when my girl was the age of your child, I was just like.
Speaker 3: Do not touch me, Like I'm done.
Speaker 1: I have never heard anyone call it touched out before, but it's that's exactly what it is like when you have a kid hanging off your boob all day and then your partner comes along and they're like, hey, let me, this is not a flirtatious asset anymore. This is a very different purpose.
Speaker 3: Now, yes, definitely, I totally relate.
Speaker 2: And so with so many moms listening, so many moms, so yeah, we can touch on that later if you want, Like how do how do you navigate that as a mother?
Speaker 1: All right, Juliette, I'm going to get into the big one. And by the big one, you know, I mean the big big. We had so many questions on all types of like subcategories of the orgasm, like clteral orgasms, vaginal orgasms, the different types, but also the fact that some people just can't orgasm. So we had a lot of people say, I've never had an orgasm. I don't think I've ever had an orgasm. Am I doing something wrong? What can I do to fix that?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: Yeah, can we just like jump on into that one?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I love this topic definitely. What do you want to know? Where should we start?
Speaker 1: Well? I think yeah, I think like with the questions that came in, like there was a lot of guilt attached to it, and I think that meant there's maybe this misconception. Like one of the questions that I found really interesting is that a lot of listeners were asking they can't orgasm from like having sex, they can only orgasm from clatorial stimulation or from other ways. And there was almost like this feeling of is there something wrong with me that I can't orgasm from just having sex? And I think that maybe there's a misconception that we're supposed to orgasm from just having sex.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think there's a lot of pressure put on us and there is a.
Speaker 2: Misconception that we should just stick something inside us, whether it's a penis or a hand.
Speaker 3: Or a dildo or whatever.
Speaker 2: It is, and suddenly be having explosive orgasms.
Speaker 3: And it in and I just shove it in. And I mean, let we have a lot.
Speaker 2: Of porn to blame for that, because you know, women are just going for it and then suddenly have a fake orgasm in most porn, and then we get this idea of like, oh, you know, that's how it is. Nothing else really happened, and suddenly she's having an orgasm.
Speaker 3: So stop putting the pressure on yourself.
Speaker 2: A lot of women don't have orgasms just from internal stimulation from penetrative sex at all, and most women do enjoy having their clip touched. And you know, there was this big movement a few years ago of like click shaming, and even I even admit that a part of me did click shame a bit around like stop to your clit women. And I do think that if we stop touching our clit, we do have more of just for a bit, is to have more of a tendency to experience other orgasms. But I also think let's stop shaming women for the way they're experiencing pleasure and just acknowledge that we're all unique and that we're all going to experience different things, and yes, we all can experience orgasms. So if you're listening and you have never had an orgasm or what you think is an orgasm, there's hope yet, like, don't lose hope.
Speaker 3: You you know you will experience it.
Speaker 1: Is it true that some people, I feel like I've read this probably Dolly Magazine when I was twelve. I feel like it's true that some people, some women physically will never be able to have an orgasm, like a small percentage of the population. Is that true? Do you think or do you think there's a way for everyone to get there?
Speaker 3: In the end, I think there's a way for everyone, I really do.
Speaker 2: I think that what can block us from experiencing pleasure in our body is trauma. Trauma from childhood, trauma from adulthood.
Speaker 3: It doesn't necessarily have to be like sexual trauma.
Speaker 2: It could just be that, I don't know, we were shamed by a parent for masturbating at a young age, and then from that moment onward, we just shut down everything to do with sex, and it's carried on into our twenties and thirties. So women who feel like they can't orgasm often come to me as a coach, and once we unpack what's happened in their childhood, what's happened as an adult, what happened with their first boyfriend or girlfriend, whatever. Suddenly all this pleasure begins to like an orgasmic energy begins to move in their body because they've unblocked all the emotions that were blocking the energy from being able to move. Because orgasm is energy moving through our body, That's.
Speaker 3: What it is.
Speaker 1: I think back to when I was in my early twenties and like, you know, when I had my first sexual experience, and then like sex was like for me in my twenties, verse what it's like for me now and now that I know what I like and now that I know my body. I used to think sex was all about the end goal for him, Like so long as he had come, then I had done a good job at having sex. And I guess you know, if you're if you're new to it, or you're not as experienced, or you know, you haven't experienced an orgasm, or you haven't been with someone who's about pleasuring you, then you may still have this perception that sex is really about the guy. And you you know, it comes down to actually realizing, oh, I enjoyed this experience, I know what I like and I know what to ask for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that comes down to being able to have that knowledge and about yourself as a woman. Comes down to being able to self pleasure or masturbate, whatever you want to call it. But normalizing masturbation is really important because when we self pleasure, we get to know our own body and then we can take that into relationship or you know, with a one night stand, whoever it is, and tell that person like, this is how if you touch me this way, this is what's gonna I'll be able to come or touching yourself while you're being simulated and having the confidence to do that because you understand your body so well.
Speaker 1: I think it also comes down to when you just feel so comfortable with a partner. So when you finally get to someone that you trust and you're comfortable in your own skin and you're so open and comfortable with them, think I think that makes a huge difference in the bedroom. If you're self conscious or you think that your partner's judging you, maybe you're only new in the relationship, I think that can really really affect what happens in the bedroom.
Speaker 2: I agree, and that's why it's so important that we choose to be with lovers, whether it's a one night stand or something that turns into a long term relationship. Lovers that we feel really comfortable with and who respect us and who we also respect them. And myral has been from a young age that I'll only sleep with people who would actually want to be so like, I put myself with the shoes of a potential lover, and I'm like, would I want.
Speaker 3: To walk in their shoes? And like do they inspire me? Like do they.
Speaker 2: Inspire me with what they're doing in the world, with how they listen to me with eye contact?
Speaker 3: You know, are they on purpose or are they just floating?
Speaker 2: There's nothing wrong with just floating through life, but like, do they inspire me in more than just are they hot? I mean, when I was early twenties, I was definitely going for the like he's hot, I want to f him, But you know, I soon realized that that was short lived and not that satisfying.
Speaker 1: I actually love that explanation. I've never heard anyone say that, Like, look at a partner and say, what I want to be the person you are? What I want to live your life. I think that's really nice because I'm thinking about some people I've dated. I've definitely not ever wanted to walk in their shoes. But also I think about that as well, and I'm like, it's just so obvious, like how different it is for a man and for a woman. Like I think like we are as women, we are stimulated by so much more than just like what is visual. Like I think a guy can be like, come home, you look hot, take your clothes off, like let's get straight down to sex, and then they're straight in there and that's great for them, But like, obviously there's so much more that a woman needs in order to get themselves to a place where they're able to orgasm. And part of that is like maybe some conversation through the day that kind of leads into the foreplay, that leads into a bit of dirty talk.
Speaker 3: Like there's just.
Speaker 1: More steps and more layers to actually get to a point when you're having sex or when you're you know, feeling comfortable that leads into that big O moment.
Speaker 3: Definitely, are we very different. Men and women are very different, And I'm glad you brought that up. Women need more so need their.
Speaker 2: Heart opened before they and open their legs.
Speaker 1: You love it, you come out with his brilliant white and then open your legs. Ladies. It's the one liners that you say so seriously. Then I'm trying not to giggle because I'm like, that was brilliant. I heard one before and it was conversation is a lubrication, and I was like, I love this.
Speaker 3: That's actually great because it really is.
Speaker 2: It really it's like a form of foreplay for women, like send us a few texts, you know, like tell us how amazing we are, how beautiful we are, how much you know you think we're amazing, and that's you're halfway there. But don't just expect to just come, you know, walk in and take your work clothes off and just bend us over, because you know, I mean, occasionally that's some fine, but yeah, let's be honest.
Speaker 3: Let's be honest.
Speaker 2: But you know, i'd say seventy percent of the time we want to, and especially in long term relationship, because once that initial spark, the honeymoon period subsides, we definitely can start to we need more to inspire us, I think, And so for a woman it's.
Speaker 3: Opening her heart.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know they say, well I think they say it. I say it that your brain is your biggest sexual organ in your body. And I know for me it may sound silly, like, yes, I want to cannetrate my mind. No, but I want you to be sexy and ripped and tanned and beautiful and everything. But there's nothing sexier to me than intelligence and having a really good conversation with somebody. If a man can carry a conversation, if you can teach me something, if you can inspire me something. For me, you're halfway there. Make me laugh. You're ninety percent there, and make sure you have a good deck, and then you one hundred percent, and then the other ten percent is just like just fis Tom, I'm pretty Yeah, But no, I think people underestimate the power of just like a really really good conversation.
Speaker 3: I agree, intelligence is a big one for me.
Speaker 2: That's what initially attracted me to my partner is his intelligence and his ability to, like, oh, I guess our ability to have really great conversations and alternative ways of thinking to about life like, that's really attractive to me.
Speaker 1: I was with the hottest guy right years ago. I'll tell you who after Okay, great, he was like a famous model and he was beautiful full Yeah, Oh my god. I actually couldn't see him anymore because he couldn't shtring a sentence together. And I was like, you are I can't believe I'm going to say this because you're so good looking. But I'm like, I can't. I can't do it because I got zero from it. But also, I mean, there's only so long that you can do that for Like I mean, I'm just gonna sit on your face and you'll stop talking now, Laura.
Speaker 3: I have said that so many times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just say, you know, like I've definitely gone had that and thought, you know, he's so hot, like he's amazing, and he's you know, a pro surf for all whoever he is, and I just want to basically just sit on his face. But then they open them, when they open their mouth, I'm just like, I need a paper bag and some gaffe tape. The amount of times I've said, if only I had to roll a gaffe tape and he shut up, then you know, then I'll sleep.
Speaker 3: With it like this.
Speaker 1: Juliett, what is your what is your opinion on faking an orgasm? I mean, we've all done it, britt Have you done it? Have we all known it, mate. Now we've all done it. We've done it. Come on, let's be honest. At one point or another, I can't have all faked an orgasm. I can't imagine there is a woman out there anywhere that hasn't done it at least once. Okay, Britt, why have you faked an orgasm? I'm pretty proud to say that I don't do it often. I haven't done often, but there have been times where, for whatever reason, like I might have just been exhausted, you just know what's not going to happen, and you just want it to end because you just want to sleep. So like you just know physically in yourself that you exhausted, your stress, whatever reason, you just know your body. So I'm like, let's just wrap this up. But then, like it kind of feeds into this whole original thing where I was saying that, like the end goal is about getting him to come. Like you could always just say I'm not going to get there, let's just call it a night. But by faking an orgasm, you're almost like telling them that they're doing a good job. You're like reinforcing really bad behavior. Like I remember when I was in my twenties, and I was dating this guy and he was like a Jack Camus and it was the worst sex I've ever had in my entire life. He was just I tell you, it was horrible, and I was like, well, the only way to make this finish faster is to fake an orgasm. And now, obviously in my thirties, I would never do that because I would just tell them it's not good. Well he would think that that is then what you like? Yeah, and I'm sure he went on, and I'm sure I did a disservice to the next woman and he probably went on a Jackhammit or. But Julia, what's your opinion on faking an orgasm?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I agree that most women would have done it.
Speaker 2: I've only done it maybe one or two times in my life, so I must be a very small percentage of women because I haven't done it often lucky women.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But the thing is you're leaving the men better than when you find them, that's for sure. No.
Speaker 2: But the thing is that, yeah, I agree with you, I am, is that I don't necessarily always need to have a really big, explosive orgasm to really enjoy sex. In fact, sometimes I don't want to have let's go for the clitteral because clitteral orgasms are one of the most common ones that women are having, They're the most accessible in a way like that, it's probably the easiest way for a lot of women.
Speaker 3: I sometimes choose not to.
Speaker 2: Experience that type of orgasm because I want to feel I don't want to just be focusing on the end goal. And that's what I teach is like, if we can take out that end goal of orgasm and not have it be about the orgasm, then that's when we connect deeper, which is ultimately what we want to be doing when we're having sex, is like connecting as humans in a really beautiful way. And So my opinion on faking orgasms is, if you're listening and you're doing it heaps, try to back off faking because you're just ripping yourself off basically, Yeah, be.
Speaker 3: More honest, and then you can.
Speaker 2: Work on experiencing a really authentic orgasm.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I actually find it so interesting that you talk about how having platoral orgasm is the easiest and most successible, because I think that there would be a lot of girls out there who only have that. I mean, like, I'm pretty sure I only have that because, like you said, it's like I know exactly what to do to make that happen. That one way, that one road, it's tried, it's tested.
Speaker 2: There's like a one spot, one spot, one millimeter spot, and one way to rub and that's it, and you just know that that's guaranteed.
Speaker 1: I know it'll take me two minutes and thirty five seconds. That's all I need and I'm going to get there. But I think it's so interesting because when you said that there was like a movement a few years back about click shaming. I mean, obviously when not in your industry, this is not something that I would have ever heard of or even known that that was a thing that there was like a movement to try and encourage people to have orgasms in a different way. So I think that there would be so many women out there who were like, oh well, I thought that this was the normal way of doing it as well. It's just surprises me that there's so many different ways to feel pleasure or to get to that end goal if that's obviously what you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, And you know, for people who want to explore more, there's Tantra is another feel that I'm extensively trained in and I've actually weaved the teachings of Tantra into my study of sexology, so I'm way more holistic than say a traditional sexologist. But in I guess when I was talking about clip shaming, I was actually referring more to the world of like sacred sexuality in Tantra, because in those worlds and communities, there is a lot of like, don't touch you clip, just you know, you can have more expansive orgasms, and you can, and I've experienced them, like three hour orgasms, no clip, just rolling, just like epic experiences.
Speaker 3: So it's really possible.
Speaker 2: It's I mean, that's a rarity, but it's really possible.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so maybe I was referring more to that community.
Speaker 1: I mean, fifty is amazed by that, and fifty percent of me feels so tired that I want to go have a nap.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I was so tired.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's like running a marathon. I give me ten minutes and I'm done and I'm ready to go to bed.
Speaker 3: Time is money.
Speaker 1: When you got a one year old, I didn't even know a three hour orgasm was a thing.
Speaker 3: Neither did I. It's more like an energetic thing.
Speaker 1: Juliet, This is a bit of a roague question, but it did come in quite a bit, and it's actually something that I genuinely don't know the answer to. So I was like, I'm gonna ask this, what is female ejaculation or squatting? Like, what is that? All Right?
Speaker 2: It basically what it is, and I'm not actually an expert in this area, but I'm gonna tell you what I know and what I've observed. It's a big mystery, so that we don't know exactly what the fluid is.
Speaker 3: But a lot of women do squirt. A lot of women don't.
Speaker 2: I would say the high percentage would be not. But it is really normal and natural. So if women are listening and they're like, oh my gosh, that's what it is, it's I haven't squatted, so I don't know the feeling, but apparently it feels like you're winging yourself or it's just like for some women, it's like actually squirting out and it's like a warm liquid. Scientists have done the studies. They don't know what it is. They don't know what the liquid is or where it comes from.
Speaker 3: So in the tantra.
Speaker 2: World, it's like called like the sacred waters, and it's very mysterious and sacred and in tantra in the communities, it's thought to be like a sacred elixa you know that, and it's a blessing. It's thought to be a blessing if a woman squirts on you, So you.
Speaker 1: Got is so wow? That is like so wild and not what I was expecting. It's like, you're welcome. You should be grateful that I squirted on you. That's an indication you're doing a good job.
Speaker 3: How I've seen men line up to be squirted.
Speaker 1: Hang on, hang on, hang on, hang on, hang on. Life is so wild, it is so for It's not anymore.
Speaker 3: This is like single life.
Speaker 2: Now I'm just like nestled into relationship, which I actually love.
Speaker 3: It's you know, probably a lot more rewarding these days.
Speaker 1: Where does one see a square? Where's one line up to be squirted on?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Where would you even go for that? While what.
Speaker 2: That was in like a temple, a temple evening, which is converts to a like kind of like an orgy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where right?
Speaker 1: So there are like nights for this and there are workshops and things like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's there's actually beautiful communities all around the world who run workshops.
Speaker 3: In this more the more alternative area of sex.
Speaker 2: I've been in a squirting workshop where it was called the Sacred Squirting Workshop.
Speaker 1: I was a.
Speaker 2: Participant and there was a lady from Europe somewhere and that was her jam, just teaching women to squirt, and it was all it was just for women.
Speaker 3: And I was about thirty women in this tiny little room, a bit too tiny. We're all clammed in, oh squirted on and she.
Speaker 2: Did a demo and she actually squirted on the girl in the front row.
Speaker 3: Glad it wasn't me.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Yeah, I just like blowing my mind today this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then we.
Speaker 2: All just got to it like and did what she said. Yeah, we had gloves, so like it was like, no, it was gloves if you were doing it to another woman in a non sexual way. So we first did it to ourselves to see if we could. Lots of women squatted for the first time. I couldn't get it. So I got one of my best friends who was with me, and I was like, hey, can you try, Like we're very close, and she was like sure.
Speaker 3: So she's just like the.
Speaker 2: Protocol was you had to wear a glove just for you know, hygiene like and all that, and she just had to go. But yeah, if you for women who do want to, you know, try and see. Basically, if you enter your fingers into your vagina, say you're lying down, so you're entering them in and up towards your g spot, there's a spongy area towards so up towards your tummy, not down towards your anus. If you feel it's approximately about everyone will say different, but three centimeters and it's like a spongy area you'll feel and if you push on there. That's how I was taught. If you you know, you're going to touch in all different ways because everyone's vagina is different, but you can explore by pushing on there. You don't necessarily have to have an orgasm when you squirt, so you can actually squirt without the orgasm to accompany it, or it could come with an orgasm.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. And I think one of the things like that I kind of take from that is literally sex is a learned thing, Like you get better at it the more you learn, the more that you expose yourself, the more that you kind of like as you've done research and learn about what your body can do and what you like, and if you're having bad sex or if you're having sex it's not what you want, like you can learn otherwise.
Speaker 2: Definitely, there's so many ways to have sex and experience it, and it's just ending. Like I know, for me, I'll be exploring this till, you know, till I'm really old. Like it's I'm never going to stop learning in this era of my life, just like any other area.
Speaker 1: So tell you what you are a surprise little package. Julianne. You I've just like every single thing that's come out of your mouth. I'm like, say what.
Speaker 2: I forget about all these stories and experiences until I talked to you know, people like you, and then I'm like, oh, yeah, that happened.
Speaker 1: This is a question that I think is really interesting and I think it really applies to probably younger listeners and people who don't have as much experience with sex or also maybe they're new with their partner. But how do you explain to a partner just say, like you're not necessarily enjoying the sex, maybe the sex is a bit vanilla, Maybe you want to try something new say, whether it's dirty talk that gets you off, or you want your guy or girl to spank you, whatever it is, how do you approach those conversations Because I think that there is a lot of people out there who feel a bit embarrassed to bring up the topic of trying new things, or they think that they're going to get shamed a little bit, or feel guilty about maybe their partner's going to think that they're not doing a good job. Who knows, but I do think that some people are very fearful about having conversations around sex. So what are your opinions on how to approach these conversations.
Speaker 2: Lots of people will be their ears will pick up on this one. I think because we've all been in that situation. We're like, hmm, I wouldn't mind him like ramping things up a bit, but he's being way too nice to me.
Speaker 3: So women fear that if they ask and they're going to.
Speaker 2: Be perceived as like a quote unquote slut or you know, like that the man's going to be like scared off.
Speaker 3: So how do you approach it? What I would do.
Speaker 2: Would be say I really want to chat to you. I'd be really informal, but I'd be like, I really want to chat to you about something that's really like important to me and something I've been wanting to talk to you about for a while now, when it's a good time to chat to you. So I wouldn't just spring it on my partner or on a new lover. I would I'd more like wait for the right moment and don't wait for months, because you know, in those months you could be getting choked every day if you know, play your cards right. But I would say, you know, I want to chat to you about something, and then if he's like, yeah, you know, what is it, I'd say, first, what I'd do is the sandwich rule, which.
Speaker 1: Is like you give a shit sandwich compliment shit, and then follow up with a compliment, serve it on a piece of dry white bread.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or like organic rye that would be more more.
Speaker 1: Delicious, free gloom free, gluten metax.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would say, you know, I really am enjoying our sex life, like I love love the connection that we have, and I love that we're having sex all the time, and you know, I feel like there's so much more to explore.
Speaker 3: I was There's one thing I'd love to explore with you.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure whether you're open to it, but I just want to be really open and honest with you about what I'm desiring, because I you know, I want to be transparent with you about like my desires, and you know, hopefully you get a good reception from your partner, and if you have a great partner, I feel like most most guys would be really open to this, or women if you're a woman in relationship with a woman listening, But and then just say like, I actually, as much as I love making love and I love like feeling really soft and open and receptive, I also love a bit of rough sex.
Speaker 3: So is that something you're open to exploring?
Speaker 2: So then just ask the question and wait and listen and see what happens, and let your partner talk.
Speaker 3: So don't keep interrupting because you're nervous.
Speaker 2: Just see what they say, and they might be instantly turned on and be like, oh my god, I was thinking the same thing, but I didn't know whether you think I was weird or you know, or they might be like, oh, I don't know, that sounds.
Speaker 3: A bit strange.
Speaker 2: And that's when you can be like, Okay, what's strange about it, So just keep asking questions.
Speaker 1: But we always say every episode that the number one thing in a relationship is communication, just to be open. But for this specific question, would you not recommend? So, for example, Lauris lord Broke brought up choking, would you not recommend like maybe next time you're having sex to sort of just like try and improv and like maybe grab their hand and put on your throat and show them like would you not recommend that? Would you ever just try and do that? Or would you just go straight to the combo?
Speaker 3: It depends on what type of person you're with or what type of person.
Speaker 2: You are, because if there's really great sexual energy there, I've personally found that these conversations don't even need to be had.
Speaker 3: It's like you meet and somehow your energies just collide.
Speaker 2: And you you're you're meant to be in this relationship somehow, and it all just unfolds in the bedroom without words.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, it's I think lots.
Speaker 2: Of people test the waters in a way, like he may just put his hand, you know, near your throat, like just to see how you react, and someone would you know, will coil in So if the guy's really tuned in, he'll be like, oh, she's not into that. Other women will get the hand like I would get the hand and just really like shove it there and be like, go.
Speaker 1: Let's do this. Yeah, come on, come happy. But it's also dependent on whether you feel safe and comfortable with that person as well. Like you know, obviously there'll probably be a few people who listen to this who are like, no, I really don't like that. It doesn't make me feel comfortable at all. And that's a totally a personal preference. But I guess like the one thing that you maybe run the risk of if you have these conversations in the heat of the moment, depending on how complex the conversation is. Like if you want a bit of dirty talk, you could start off by you know, asking a question or leading into a bit of dirty talk. But if you really want to bring something in that's completely foreign, like I don't know, role play or something, I do think that that conversation probably should happen outside of the bedroom, not just springing it on them. Necessarily.
Speaker 2: Communication is key, you know, it's key to anything, and it's really key to great sex. So yeah, I have the conversations but also sometimes things just reveal themselves in the bedroom and it all happens organically, and that's ultimately the way you w it to be, because you're if you're choosing to be with someone who you really trusts and you feel super comfortable with, then then I think it happens more organically.
Speaker 1: We just got this. I'm trying not to first out the laughter because when when you just said, Laura, I just tried to hold that in that whole time, when you said for having a time on to yourself over there bread, when Laura was like, you know, you can't just spring role play on them, I just had this image of like the guy coming home and you'll dress up something and he's like, what the fuck what are you doing? And you're like just trying to improve role play and he just doesn't get it. I just me just dressed as a potato and he's like, I'm not an right now, Like I've forgotten how to have sex. I don't fucking know. I don't think you can improve role play unless your partner is super, super, super in tune with what's going on. Yeah, but that's what I mean. I think that that's sometimes, like, you know, we want to try different things. Especially, This isn't just for new relationships. This can be for long term and like you know, existing relationships where things have gotten a little bit monotonous and you're just having missionary sex. Everything's very vanilla, and of you isn't feeling like they're satisfied anymore or does want to actually try something a bit different in the bedroom. But I also think it comes down a little bit too confidence and being confident in yourself and having a bit of body confidence as well. I think there's a lot of women and men out there who aren't having the type of sex that they want because they're insecure about either how they look or their performance or whether they're doing the right thing and their partners enjoying it and vice versa. So what would be your advice that you would give to someone who's really lacking in sexual confidence.
Speaker 2: I would recommend that you begin by perhaps doing some research, like by buying books that inspire you about sex, or finding like an online course or something a podcast, something that you can do for yourself, not for your partner, just for yourself to increase your sexual confidence. So begin learning about it more, begin doing some you know, per personal self inquiry into why you're not feeling confident.
Speaker 3: And then taking it to the next level.
Speaker 2: I'd recommend finding someone who you can work with, So whether it's like a sex therapist or just a regular therapist or a coach, whatever, someone who you resonate with, who you could do some one on one sessions with and just chat to about how you're feeling. And you know, where does that lack of confidence stem from? What role models did you have in your life as a child who were role modeling intimacy. And we've all had role models that role modeling intimacy, whether we like it or not.
Speaker 3: It could be in a negative or positive way.
Speaker 2: But once we begin to understand understand ourselves more deeply as an individual, then we can kind of unpack why we're feeling the way we are. You know, lots of us have been brought up in religious households that completely shame us and we.
Speaker 3: Feel a lot of guilt.
Speaker 2: Or I luckily wasn't brought up in a religious household, but I know a lot of people have been, and there's just so much guilt and shame surrounding sex. So once we're able to talk about it and get support and professional support, or just listen to like sometimes just one podcast episode. Some people will inbox me and be like, I listened to one episode about blah blah, and you know, all the pieces of the puzzle fell in together, and I realize I've been harboring all this shame and I've now let it go, and suddenly, you know, my sex life is great.
Speaker 1: You're if you're perpetually having like with your partner, if you're not happy with the sex that you're having, that there is a personal responsibility there to change that like is then it doesn't just fall on the partner who's not necessarily doing the right thing. The responsibility falls on you to be able to better communicate to your partner, like what you like, how to do things differently, because maybe they had an ex girlfriend who liked what they're doing and they think they're doing the right job like they you know, in the past it's worked, or maybe in the past she fake an orgasm. Who knows. But do you think that that responsibility kind of falls on us to be able to have the type of sex that we want to be having.
Speaker 2: Definitely, I think you've hit them on the head. I think it does fall on us and you know, if we can firstly pleasure ourselves and really like prioritize pleasure in our lives. And that doesn't mean we're masturbating all day, maybe just that we're enjoying a really nice bar.
Speaker 1: I mean we are. We are kind of in lockdown in isolation. What else is there to do, guys, I mean, I still work. It's masturbating work here.
Speaker 3: It's been a busy day.
Speaker 2: I genuinely think there's been a masturbation frenzy going on in lockdown because sales of the pleasure woms that I sell, I sell like these crystal Pleasure ones have literally quadrupled since COVID hit, and I reckon it's because so many women are in isolation and they're either separated from their partner or they're just like I can't even get on Tinder anymore.
Speaker 3: I may as well just you know, satisfy myself.
Speaker 1: And I think this is amazing as well, because I do honestly think that like the perception around masturbation for women has changed because I know, like growing up and like when I was in my twenties and you knew that guys masturbated. It was something that you talked to about like all that was, you know, mentioned in school, like that was just seemed to be like a very normal thing and it was okay that men did it, but there was never a conversation around the fact that women did it. And that kind of leads me into a question that I find really interesting, and it's in regards to like sex education and like what we're exposed to in schools and how there seems to be this mismatch in that when we get given an education, especially as women, it's all around the function of sex, like physically, how it works. Penis goes in vagina, this is how you get fertilized, this is how not to have babies. It's very mechanical. But there's no conversation ever that happens around pleasure. Like I don't even think some guys come out of their first or second or god maybe even they're in their forties and they don't know like where the clit is. There's people who don't know. I mean, we did this thing on the podcast a few weeks back, where we asked Matt, my partner, but we also put it out there for all of our listeners to ask their boyfriends and their husbands and the men in their life how many holes a woman have? And the answers that we got were out of fucking control. No one knew, No one knew, men had no idea. Some guys were like, oh, you've got two holes. You've got a hole for your period, a hole for the babies, a hole to poo out of, and a hole to we out of. Like it was insane, And I think, yeah, there's just a.
Speaker 3: Lack of education. And it's not even the guy's fault. It's because we, like.
Speaker 2: You said, there's a really like there's a lack of holistic sex education in schools in Australia and globally, I could say mostly, and it's just not being prioritized at all, except for some lucky kids who have a really great principle who were like, Okay, this is really important. But most schools are just teaching kids, here's how to put a condom on a banana, don't get pregnant, don't get sti's here's some horror pictures and of like, you know herpes, don't get this, and so there's a there's then there's like stigma around any of that one and three people have herpes.
Speaker 3: It's actually really high.
Speaker 2: Like it's a normal, pretty normal now to have, but.
Speaker 3: We're stigmatizing it. We're shaming them, we're scaring them.
Speaker 2: And like you said, we're not talking to children about you know, the sex feels good. It's supposed to feel good, and we're not talking to them about consent. You know, like you don't have to have sex if you don't want to. It's okay to say no, or you know, before you do have sex with somebody, you need to ask them, or before you touch their breasts. It's important that you ask before you kiss. Someone asks them can I kiss you? You know, all these things kids aren't being taught. And yeah, you can tell I'm super passionate about this because it's actually.
Speaker 3: My background is in youth work.
Speaker 2: I was working with young at risk mums who are like thirteen and pregnant, and I was educating them around this too late because at a young age they were going through.
Speaker 3: All sorts of stuff. And I also have a fourteen year old daughter, so this.
Speaker 2: Is something I've always felt passionate about because I want her to receive really great sex ed so that she's not you know, it doesn't get to the age I did where I was just having sex because I thought that's what you do.
Speaker 1: I think you completely hit the nail on the head with her. I still like, I still think about like my own experiences and the fact that like I don't actually think I really got to a point where I was enjoying having sex and actually having sex that I wanted to have sex until I was in my late twenties when I better understood this is what it's meant to be, like, like, it doesn't have to be like that. And I guess as well, like if you're if your libido is low and maybe you're not having like not wanting to have sex, I guess there's also the question of, like, have you ever had sex in a way that is actually genuinely pleasurable to you? Because there would still be people out there who maybe haven't had a great sexual partner or had a great sexual experience and they're like, well, I can take it or leave it, because it's actually not all that's chopped up to be.
Speaker 3: That's really that's a really good point.
Speaker 2: It's lots of women, I mean, and men aren't experiencing really great sex and you know, their full potential in the bedroom basically and so yeah, they don't really want to have it because they're just like, it's not even that fun. So that's where education comes into it. That's where reading books and doing courses and learning about sex can help, because then it opens our eyes to what we're missing out on or what's possible. And then even just planting the seed in their consciousness is there's sometimes all we need for it to begin happening in our life. The actually, the other thing I just wanted to mention really briefly with sex said in schools is the other big thing that's not happening is inclusivity of young children who are questioning their gender or their sexual identity.
Speaker 3: So, you know, there's so many young young people who have more.
Speaker 2: Of an attraction to the same sex, you know, the same gender as them, and we're assuming as teachers or educators or parents that our kid is going to be with opposite gender, but a lot of the time it's not the case. And so I really think there's a need for us to be way more inclusive with our language and not just assume that boys and girls should be together, but be inclusive of the kids who are feeling confused perhaps about the sexuality or you know, their attraction to the same gender.
Speaker 1: As them, absolutely so much room for a vision exactly what you said. I feel pretty pasionate about that too, because I know I have a lot of friends that I gay. I have a lot of homo sexual friends, and they've al said the same thing that they really felt like they were drowning at school because they knew who they were, but it wasn't spoken about and it was almost like you were doing the wrong thing for having those feelings. It's hard because like the and I guess, like you know, we don't have to go too far into like the schooling system or anything, but like the buck shouldn't end there, Like it shouldn't be fully the school's responsibility to teach students or to teach anyone about sex and pleasure like that really should fall into a parental role. But unfortunately a lot of people grow up in families with parents who are very traditional and don't feel comfortable talking about sex, and so there is this massive gap where you become an adult and you've never had somebody else who's had that experience to be able to impart it or to explain to you in more than just a very functional way, or almost as like a scare tactic way, what sex is and what it can do. Something else you touched on which I kind of would love for you to elaborate, is the conversation around STIs and how they are very stigmatized still, but how they are very common and with management. It's something that you can be in a relationship with somebody who has herpes or you know, if you get committy or it's not as big a deal as what it may feel like because that's what you've been told from such a young age. There's ways to manage this stuff.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of stigma around STIs. Like you say, reality is STIs. It's a lot of them are a virus that just like we catch a virus at the supermarket from the person who coughs on us and suddenly we have the flu. Or like I had a head cold recently. You know, I'm sure I caught it off someone. It's like, it's just a head cold. It's the same with a lot of STIs.
Speaker 3: You know this.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying go out and don't protect yourself, but if you do end up contracting an SDI, it's.
Speaker 3: Not the end of the world.
Speaker 2: You're not weird, you're not strange, you're not a sicico whatever. You're just a human being who's having a human experience who's called a virus. And like you say, with CHLAMYTHEA, it's like you take the medication, it goes away. And with herpes it is something that you can live with and you don't.
Speaker 3: Have to have outbreaks all the time.
Speaker 2: There's so many different ways of managing sdis that, you know, you just you can be a normal human being and not be have all the stigma.
Speaker 1: Want people to know that if that does happen to you, there's okay, it's manageable and you can deal with it. We still are very big on putting the message out that prevention is still key. We still highly encourage using protection. Yeah. Absolutely, but I think it's really important to realize that there are people who use protection who still end up getting STIs and then there is a lot of shame and a lot of guilt loaded into it because they feel like they're dirty or they feel like they've done something wrong, and it's unfortunately, sometimes it's just luck of the draw and it's what happens. Maybe you've been with someone who didn't realize that they were asymptomatic and they had something and they passed it on to you. And I mean I remember growing up. This is going back many years ago and a friend of mine, she had had her first sexual experience and she'd ended up with herpes, and she felt so awful afterwards because she was like, well, how's anyone going to love me? How am I going to end up in a relationship? Do I have to explain this to every partner that I have now? And there was just so much stigma loaded into it. And because we didn't know anything about it, we also couldn't give advice or couldn't really explain to her or tell her that it was going to be okay. And her life is incredibly normal. She has an amazing husband, she's never had an outbreak, she's got three kids now. Like I just think, like, as much as you can protect yourself, if something does happen, it's not the end of your life. And that's important for the young listeners to know.
Speaker 2: Definitely, Like I get so many people you know, in boxing me saying like what do I do? I've got herpees? And I feel so much shame, and I feel like I'm never going to be able to have sex again and no one's going to want me. And the advice I give, like, I give a lot of advice on it, but is like, the first step is just accepting this about yourself and loving, loving like yourself with herpes or with whatever you've got, and doing that self work so that you can come into this deep self acceptance.
Speaker 3: And then when you have that.
Speaker 2: You're naturally going to attract in people who are also going to accept you. And as you said, you can, Yeah, your friend lived with it and hasn't had outbreaks and you know, has a normal life.
Speaker 3: And it's yeah, it's not a big deal. And I agree with you, Britt what you said.
Speaker 2: You know, I do want to advocate for using con noms and protecting yourself, but also you can still get herpes while using condoms, so it's it's just not one hundred percent bullet proof and it's just.
Speaker 3: Part of life.
Speaker 1: I'm glad we covered that because I think that was an important topic. I'm going to quickly change the direction. Girlfriend, We're going to go Yeah, I know you get excited, and we're going to go into the world of three. I guess I want to know because we get a lot of these questions too. I guess I want to know do you think that a couple are in a solid relationship? You know, I think things can get a bit stale and then one of the couple say, let's try something new, Maybe we can introduce someone to the bedroom. Do you think you can successfully in a couple have threesomes bring someone else into your life and into that relationship, and not can you do it successfully so that it doesn't cause problems in your relationship?
Speaker 2: I think some couples can definitely do it successfully and others it isn't a success.
Speaker 3: And really it's like the luck of the draw.
Speaker 2: It's a bit of the risk you're taking because it's the unknown. So if you are a couple who are thinking, or maybe we could open it, or maybe we could just invite someone in just for one night, there's no guarantees what's going to happen when you do invite that person in.
Speaker 3: But what you can do to.
Speaker 2: Create a safe container that's a bit of a tantric word, but you know, create like a space where everyone feels understood and safe is to talk about what the expectations are like, what's what the boundaries are, so say a couple, a married couple want to invite another woman in. That's a really common one. So would say that it's like sitting down before you have sex and say, okay, like, what are the expectations.
Speaker 3: Well, if if that's what.
Speaker 2: I were to do personally, I'd want to invite someone into my relationship who has deep respect for my partner and I and who like is just a really amazing person number one and who yeah, respects us and respects the love that we share and knows that that's the number one priority really for us. And then say I'd have a conversation with them with everyone present, just saying like what the boundaries are, so you know whether that's like the boundary is that no anal or no penetrative sex, but he can go down on.
Speaker 3: You or whatever.
Speaker 2: So that you create like a space where everyone knows what they're allowed to touch, what they're not, you know, because then everyone can relax more. And when there's communication and you're having it with someone amazing, then they know what The third party also knows what they're in for. They're not just like suddenly they fall in love with your husband and you're Lutch.
Speaker 3: They're like but i't know, and.
Speaker 1: You're like, fuck, Like it's the back of a bitch. So you think that it's really important to just not have the conversation in your relationship, but have it with everyone present. So with the third.
Speaker 2: Party, definitely, yes, definitely because they need to know too, Like if you have respect for that third person, you want them to understand. Hey, like, this is not about now us all having a relationship.
Speaker 3: Well, for me, it wouldn't be. It'd be like, this is.
Speaker 2: Just about we'd love to connect with you in this way, but we don't wish to suddenly have a polyamorous, open relationship. That's not our intentions. So it's like setting the intentions for the connection. And I think for some couples it can work really great and for others it's a disaster.
Speaker 3: And you know, I've experienced both and it you know, you live and learn.
Speaker 1: I guess you don't know how you're going to feel, do you Until you do it. You might say I'm going to be so fine with this. I love my partner, I trust them, But then you get in there and all of a sudden you're jealous. You can't get the image out of your head. I guess You're not actually going to know those feelings until you're in there, so it's definitely a risk. So because we get it a lot, we get the question a lot, and I think it's really important people know that ultimately, you could be as prepared as you want, but you just don't know what you're going to feel until you're there.
Speaker 3: Until you see that penis going to another.
Speaker 1: Woman's vada and you're just like, that was my penis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's why I reckon you've just got to choose really cool people, because what you can do in the moment is be like, actually, guys, I'm feeling really sick right now, Like I feel uncomfortable. Can we stop and just cuddle for a bit because I don't, like, I feel really upset, Like you want to be with someone.
Speaker 3: You know who can hold space for that. And I understand that.
Speaker 1: I love that you're the one asking the threesome questions. Brett. Yeah, I don't even have a one some to bring a threesome in one step at a time. Yeah, I said this. I said this to Laura before. I was like, you know, I'm going to ask about the threesome because we get that a lot. She's like, you want to know for yourself. I was like, we don't even get kept questions about threesomes. This is for you, Brett. She was like, I'm fing asking it anyway. I was like, Babe, the question is hardly for me. I can't even get one boyfriend a one too. But no, I think I think that's a really and it's an interesting chat because a lot of people explore in their relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I do think a lot of people have tried, or at LEAs thought of or fantasized about three sims. But I do think that there is a difference between having a fantasy and then actually putting something into real life application with a partner who you love. I think that, you know, maybe different if it's just like friends and you're all figuring stuff out and you have a threesome on a wild one night stand, But like, it is different to bring somebody into your solid relationship. It changes the dynamic completely. So, Juliette, could I ask you you just said that you had one like successful threesome, one not so six successful. What do you think Can you put your finger on why the unsuccessful one was unsuccessful or do you think it was just just the wrong.
Speaker 2: People because boundaries weren't set, so there was nothing said about what you can and can't do, and so all of a sudden things were happening and I was like, WHOA, I did not give permission for that to happen, and I just stopped it. This was a this was a long time ago. Now, I'm not interested in having threeesomes with my partner, Like, we're in a monogamous relationship. We have a great sex life and I'm just so happy just with him and I actually, to be honest, don't think I could cope seeing him him be with someone else.
Speaker 1: What's your thought on porn and like, do you think porn can be detrimental to someone's sex life.
Speaker 3: I'm not pro or against porn.
Speaker 2: I'm quite neutral with porn, So I think it can be detrimental if it's an addiction, so there's like a porn addiction happening, or if people are watching porn either by themselves or together and they're left feeling really guilty, They're left feeling like gross, they feel they're.
Speaker 3: Hiding it from their partner.
Speaker 2: I think that's when things can go a little skew with as my Mum would say, I think, you know, there's actually some great porn being produced now by female producers.
Speaker 3: Erica Lust is one of them.
Speaker 2: She's from Spain and she's producing really realistic, ethical porn. She's someone who I send people to if they're interested in watching porn. But then you know, it can be really detrimental, and I think for our young people often now it's the first exposure that.
Speaker 3: They have to sex.
Speaker 2: So that's really sad, and it's a conversation we need to have with our kids. Is like, porn is not real. Often it's just actors with makeup even on their vagina and their penis and they're having sex and it's not real and it's like out of the movies. And you know, like we need to have these conversations with our kids too.
Speaker 1: Don't have those expectations because you will fail dramatically.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Also, I asked this as well because like my I had a long term partner of six years and we went through a period where he was watching so much porn and like very like very male orientated porn, like like not stuff like just just you know, you know what I'm talking about. It the pawny porn like you know, coming on people's faces, very graphic, not really stuff. Yeah, and that's stuff that like I would want to do in a bedroom, and that was then his benchmark for what got him off. And he had stopped wanting to have sex because he was not working at the time and he was just at home masturbating, watching porn basically, And we got to a point in our relationship where I was like, this is a problem, and I guess I ask it because from my own experience, like I've had a bad experience with somebody who watched too much porn, and it really changed the way and set the precedent for how he wanted to have sex, and that wasn't inclusive of how I wanted to have sex at all.
Speaker 2: That's really common and it can be really detrimental to relationships. So it just all comes back down to communication and talking about, like, you know, the fact that you are watching it or you'd like to watch it together, and negotiating what you both feel comfortable with and or having the boundary that it's like, no, I don't want this to be part.
Speaker 3: Of our lives.
Speaker 2: And if they continue to do it, then it's as an individual you have to ask yourself, like is this the right person for me?
Speaker 1: When you're young, you and if you don't have a lot of experience, then you put up with stuff that you wouldn't put up with otherwise because you don't know any better.
Speaker 3: I agree, Yeah, definitely. We kind of live and learn, don't we.
Speaker 1: Absolutely well, Juliette, you have a school and it's called the Pleasure School. Can you tell us about it? Because it sounds like a brick to damn good school. I know, it sounds like the best school ever, like better than Harry Potter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I'd rather go to Pleasure School than Harry Potter School. But Harry Potter would be fun too.
Speaker 1: I mean he's got a wand as well. Yeah, he's got his own one, that wizard.
Speaker 2: That wizard's got some sub of magic forms that he could do things anyway. So Pleasure School I launched it last year and it's an online school. And what I wanted to do was I've spent years and years traveling teaching workshops in person workshops, and I wanted to bring all my lessons and workshops that I run online because I you know, I have my audiences from all over the world and everyone was asking me like, come to the States, come here, and I just actually at this time my life and really enjoying feeling grounded at home and you know, close to my daughter. And so my intention with it was to create a school a twelve month experience.
Speaker 3: So it's like a whole twelve months.
Speaker 2: Every two weeks, you get a new lesson that drops into school, and you get guided home study that accompanies the lessons, and you get guided meditations, and it's very holistic, and it's for men and women. It's for couples, singles, So I wanted to include everybody, and it's also LGBTQI inclusive because I'm always very you know, very aware of that community and wanting to include.
Speaker 1: Who could come and do your school.
Speaker 2: I'd say anybody who's interested in learning more about sex and having an even better sex life. So if you're a beginner and you're just like, oh my gosh, I've never even had sex, it would be perfect for you.
Speaker 3: But also if you're in a relationship and you're having quite.
Speaker 2: A good sex life, but as a couple or by yourself, you.
Speaker 3: Want to learn more and.
Speaker 2: Grow and expand in that era of your life, then it's for you. And so in the school there's different different parts of the school. There's like all lessons just for men, and then there's lessons just for women, and then there's lessons for couples, lessons for singles. So it's really it includes everybody at all different stages.
Speaker 3: And it also.
Speaker 2: Weaves in a lot of the teachings of Tantra which bring in like more of a sacred sexuality aspect to sex, not just like here's a position, do it, here's the g spot, this is how to hit it. It's way more holistic than that, you know, It's like, how can what I want people to experience from it is feeling turned on in everyday life and not just sexually turned on, but really enjoying your job and feeling like you know that you come home feeling turned on for life, not just feeling turned on to have sex and then go back to your shitty job.
Speaker 3: So it's like very holistic.
Speaker 2: It's looking at life as you know, feeling turned on in life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that you've created a space, a safe space for people, because I feel like there is still it shouldn't be, but there's still some sort of this shame attached to a woman wanting to go out and seek lessons on things like this. But I love that you've created a space where anyone at all can sit at home and actually get really really good education in a place they feel comfortable.
Speaker 3: It's a good point.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Lots of people want to learn more, but they're really scared to go to a workshop and like buy a ticket and travel there and come and have to meet me or.
Speaker 3: Meet another teacher or whoever.
Speaker 2: So this gives people access to something that you can just sit in your lounge room.
Speaker 3: No one knows you're doing it. And it's not just me teaching.
Speaker 2: There's other amazing like teachers from around the globe who are on their teaching.
Speaker 1: It's like when I read when I read Fifty Shades of Gray, and I only read it on a kindle, so no one could see what the title of the book was g rated as well. No, but you know when it came out years ago, there was this but that like, no, you don't want anyone to know on the train that you're reading a sex book, so you'd like, I'd just put in the kindles and no on a note. It's the same thing. Some people just want to have that in private. They don't want to show the world. Just leave your truth bread. It's so fine. I've read that book Crise. Okay, I have I have one more question before I'm going to let you go. How the fuck did you have a three hour orgasm? I mean what everyone wants to ask.
Speaker 3: The whole time, haven't you You're just like nah, I can't let this one go.
Speaker 1: Ladies, if you're listening, take notes.
Speaker 3: Without going into too much detail.
Speaker 2: Actually out of respect for my current partner, because I don't really talk keats about publicly about like past.
Speaker 3: You know, experiences, because I want to respect him.
Speaker 2: But it was in a training that I was running, like a tantra training, and it was actually.
Speaker 3: This is gonna you're gonna love this. It was a demo.
Speaker 1: My god, stop, look I got among on. What do you mean my demo?
Speaker 2: It was an in person workshop in Byron and and so one of the facilitators was demonstrating we're going to do a practice, so that there was a lot of like really physical practices where you partner up and do stuff. And so he was demonstrating how to have more of an energetic orgasm, So how to activate a woman's body and activate the sexual energy which resides at the base of our body.
Speaker 3: So you may have heard it, like it's called Kundalini energy.
Speaker 2: Activate that and move it up and instead of touching your clip, actually just feel the energy moving up through your body, up up out of your crown. So if you're familiar with the chakra system, it moves through the chakras and it's like it's very different to any other type of orgasm.
Speaker 3: But it was a demo. There was thirty people in the room. I was in the middle.
Speaker 1: But I'm a mind I mean, you were blown. I'm mind blown. I'm fucking blown. I'm blowing right now. That is out of control. Yeah, it's really like best storyhands down you Like, I'd like this to stop now. This is very public. People are like, is she finished? She's gonna go get a tea break. Can we get for lunch?
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: The funny thing is that after it, I got up and I was exhausted, and then I just took I left the retreat.
Speaker 3: I snuck out and I went off to like a.
Speaker 2: Big basically orgy, and it was like a.
Speaker 1: This gets better, better way to the end of the chat for this, give me it. I want to hear, and.
Speaker 2: I just I got there and after about half an hour, I was like, I can't do this, go to bed, like I'm done for the day.
Speaker 1: You have just made my week. Like this is hands down the best story we've had on this podcast. Yeah, and I think everyone wants to know, like what a what are the details of this man? How can someone find that this man? If you want to just put his number down, We'll put it in the details on this podcast. But also, Juliet, we when we were talking before always sarted recording this, you mentioned that you might have an accidentally unfiltered story and I forgot to ask you at the beginning, but I really want to know what was it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I listened to one of your other podcasts and I loved those accidentally unfiltered and I thought, oh my god, I've got so many for them, but this is one that stood out and it was a friend. And it actually was a friend. It's not me just clarifying.
Speaker 1: I'm that's what they all say, and I say this every week it's not me, But then I really shout myself, so.
Speaker 3: I know, this actually is a friend and.
Speaker 2: She was.
Speaker 3: It's actually not that I rated she was in the bath.
Speaker 2: I were in the bath together and her partner, and he was going down on her in the bath, and she farted and the bubbles just went straight up into his face.
Speaker 3: And that's it.
Speaker 1: Also, Actually, how do you go down on someone in the under Well, maybe you'd like I thought, because you could do two things with that. Well, I just got out of hand and I'm here for it, but you could.
Speaker 2: I've got another one, but I'll tell you off because it might be a bit too I rated.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you when we stopping.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I rate, and I'll take it out. But I'm here for it, alrighty.
Speaker 3: So this is another friend, and it actually is another friend.
Speaker 2: I've got some wild friends seemed to attract in really funny friends who have these experiences.
Speaker 1: Some crazy people at those orgies.
Speaker 2: She wanted she had a lover, and he wanted her to put a bottle of full cream milk inside her and then.
Speaker 1: Wait, are we talking one leader or two later?
Speaker 2: I don't know, let's say two just for capacity full capacity full cream.
Speaker 1: That's a lot. That's like giving birth to your baby.
Speaker 3: Like siphon it into her.
Speaker 2: And then he wanted to have sex and like so that it all splashed out onto him.
Speaker 1: That's not even r rated. That's just hilarious, that is, And did she do it?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: Okay, he has some weird dairy fetish, maybe relying to the whole idea of like a milk bath, like if you heard of the clear patch of milk bath, it's meant to be very good for aging. He has the youngest looking dick around.
Speaker 3: Totally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my god, I feel like we could talk to you for an hour about accidentally unfiltered. But also I love it, like I love the fact and maybe we should have touched all this earlier as well. But like, there is no normal when it comes to sex. So long as like you're okay with what's going down, as long as you're comfortable your partner's comfortable, you can do some weird and fucking wacky things. Tolerant, lacktosing, tolerant. Julie, you have been an absolute delight. Thank you so much for answer. Would you say she's been a pleasure? Oh my god, you've been an absolute pleasure.
Speaker 2: I wanted to mention I actually have a podcast myself called author Tick Sex, and there's like over one hundred episodes of like just playing sex, talk of me talking to all different people, heaps of Q and a's So for people listening who want to listen to more of you know, me talking about weird stuff, then they can listen to that alongside your lovely podcast.
Speaker 1: Guys, you can get on that podcast and you can write it into the sunset. That's what we're here for. I have actually listened to a few. I really enjoyed it. Thank you so much for answering the questions that we don't have the experience to answer, and to be able to bring your expertise and your insight and talk about sex because I think it's a topic that I mean, for us who have a dating relationship podcast, we have managed to not talk about sex for a year, for an entire year, but that's when I was well and truly overdue. Also, that's just not our realm. Like we just don't. I think we said at the beginning, we don't feel comfortable saying those things about our personal lives and that, but we realize that there is a real need for it and a real desire for it, and our audience wants it. We thought, who better than you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'll come back anytime. This has been so much fun. Maybe I can be like the resident uncut sex ologist who comes so down.
Speaker 1: We'll definitely have you back, as long as you bring some more of these in milk pots. Yeah, I've got plenty of last sleep, all right, Juliette. We never finished an episode without doing Our Suck and Our Sweet, which is basically, if you don't know, it's got nothing to do with sex, or though it kind of sounds like it, it is our highlight and our low light of the week, and you get to kick it off because you're our guest. What was your suck?
Speaker 2: Okay, the suck is that we just currently were traveling around Australia and my partner and I and my daughter and we just were in the Flinders Ranges in South Australia and it was really dry and really cold, but really beautiful. We only left a couple of days ago, and then on the news this morning, suddenly, overnight there's been this random snowfall.
Speaker 3: In the middle of the desert exactly.
Speaker 2: Where we were, and I reckon that sucks because it would have been so much fun to be in the snow in the middle of the desert.
Speaker 3: So that sucks because we just left.
Speaker 1: There, but also a bit of a sweet because you just went on holiday, so like, I mean that's a double edge saw with their girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, true, true, that's true, and you're sweet. Oh, just that.
Speaker 2: I've just been like spending heaps of time in bedding.
Speaker 1: Sleeping, sexy and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just like, I actually, how's this?
Speaker 2: I've been watching Bachelor and Paradise reruns from your season, Britt.
Speaker 1: So hey, how did I come off in the end? Did you have any words of advice for me?
Speaker 3: Or don't get me started? You're actually my favorite.
Speaker 2: But I've actually been guiltily and secretly watching Bachelor and Paradise in bed so that's kind of been really great for me because it's just been like there is to lay embedded with the heating on in the day, under the covers.
Speaker 1: Just watching amazing people on TV, just watching watching the Kram Deer Cram of Australian TV. That's what it is, the production that goes into that high quality viewing amazing. Yeah, I love.
Speaker 3: That about you guys.
Speaker 1: All right, my sar could be. I moved into a house, a new unit in Bonday a couple of months ago, and it's this, It's beautiful, it's on the beach. But it's old, and every single window in the whole house none of them closed. Probably they've all got a few meals to move. And it's been really windy lately, and my whole house I can't sleep. The whole house shutters like constantly, like a volcano is eruping. It's just like all night. That's my suck. You need to get some some styrofoam. I've told you I had to wedge some ship between that ship. I've got socks under his clothes, styrofoam, I've got cardboard, I have everything you could have wedged in, and somehow the wind still finds away in there. So that's my stuck at the moment. Okay, And what is your sweet? My sweet, I'm gonna have to have two One Bachelor in Paradise finished airing. So I'm just so relieved that my life would got back on track, because it's like a year that I have just you know, lived a lie b. The stories you just told me about the tree howl orgasm in front of people, then the woman putting milk in her vagina so that she could have sex with a partner, and the farting under the bath that just took that, that just took the cake. Those were like three of the best stories. It truly makes me feel like I've lived quite a vanilla life. When I hear it's like this, I'm like, fuck, I'm boring. I'm like, Laura, do we don't think I have an augy somewhere? Like you have a three? Wait, madam, I was gonna say, Madam, been to it? He probably isn't. Okay, what was my suck? Okay, my suck for the week. I told a story a couple of weeks back about how Molly had proved in the bath, and then ever since I told that story, now she just likes Toko in the bath all the time. This has become like a running theme now. So I'm gonna put that down as a solid suck. It's a suck, but like you know, Oh, and also she's like cutting her second front tooth, so she's been a little bit feral today. My sweet is that not only do we get to record this interview, but also in order to record this interview, it meant that Matt had to take Molly away for a two hour little trip in the car. It's raining outside, and he was like, what am I gonna do for two hours? And I was like, go for a drive. So but you can figure it out. I'm not saying that my sweet is that my daughter's gone away with my sweet is that my daughter's gone away. No speak of them, they've just walked back in the room. Is that Matt has been incredibly supportive and he is a wonderful partner, She's say, they're just saying that she's standing over the top of me. No, Juliet, thank you so much. Honestly, you have been such a pleasure, No pun intended, all the puns intended. Actually you've been amazing. We've loved having you and we would just love to have you back on some time. But just quickly tell everyone where they can find you, like your Instagram, your podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, Well you can find me on Instagram and it's at Juliette j U l I E T Underscore Alan able l e N. And my website is www dot Juliette Hyphenalan dot com. And on my website you'll find Pleasure School. But everything's on Instagram. I'm quite active on Instagram, so jump on over and you'll find me there. And my podcast, yeah, it's called Authentic Sex with Juliet Allan and it's on all the podcast channels so it's easy to search authentic sex and you'll find me.
Speaker 1: Juliet, thank you so much again. And guys, if you have enjoyed listening to this episode then you know the drill, go and leave us a cheeky review. And if you haven't already signed up to our Facebook group, it's Life Uncut Podcast. It's the same handle for Instagram as well. And tell your mom please dad, tell your friends or your dog, tell your grand tell everyone and shared a love because we love love. That's that's that's fine, off, ju we do every single fucking episode.
Speaker 3: That's great. I love that