Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Going on four point three. It's the Friday Show, Christian O'Connell Show. Hey Jack, Happy Friday, Good morning guys, and happy Friday. Welcome to the weekend, Patsy two. What are you watching this weekend?
Speaker 3: Pats?
Speaker 4: I did promise Audrey that I would take it to the show tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, oh busy?
Speaker 4: Yes, so I said, get up, we are going. This is a bit like Chris whom are going somewhere. We are leaving the house at eight o'clock, so no sleeping in. I got home from work yesterday at like eleven, she was still in bed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not surprised by that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, our teenager gets up at eleven thirty school holidays and we'll wake up yawning and tied.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't know how.
Speaker 4: You still tired and a whole day's work.
Speaker 3: Yes, And what are you up to this weekend? Jacks?
Speaker 5: I've got a first birthday on Sunday, which is yeah, it is. It is like, just be honest, this is a friend of mine. I love him to love his kids, but there's so many birthdays on at the moment. I had to actually over the long weekend, Grand five all weekend. I skipped one to play golf, and I'm in the bad books with thek There ain't no skipping the birthdays anymore.
Speaker 3: That is bold.
Speaker 5: They come there every which why is expensive too?
Speaker 4: And get them there's.
Speaker 2: Nothing going on, really nothing. You shouldn't really go to being asked to come to a birthday. But until they're five and over?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but no, But it's more for the adults, isn't It's nice to get together.
Speaker 5: And you know what they should Actually, this is what we should do. All the parents should choose one day out of the year, like August twentieth and go, We're all going to celebrate our kids on that day, have a big old.
Speaker 3: It's a very good idea each other.
Speaker 5: And it's all done in one horse's birthday.
Speaker 4: When's the horse's birthday? The horse has a birthday once a year.
Speaker 5: I think August first.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, the kids This weekend on Sunday, I've been invited to go and do a talk at the Olward Dad's Group, which I'm really really looking forward to.
Speaker 3: Yeah about I guess it's the Elward Dads Group.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but what are you coming in? As professional dad.
Speaker 2: Well not well, not professional dad very much, an hapless amateur dad. It's just to talk about They listen. I think a couple of them listen to the show and they just want me to come and chat about my opinions and thoughts to other dads.
Speaker 3: They're all dads.
Speaker 5: Are they mostly young dads or am they mixed?
Speaker 2: You've got teenagers little ones as well. There's about thirty or forty dads. It's a regular, regular, monthly thing they get around each other. I think it's a grand is So yeah, really, really, I'm looking forward to doing that Sunday afternoon, all right, coming on next time we get into this week's double thumbs Up.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 3: Podcast every Friday.
Speaker 2: Then to help you not have an argument this weekend when you're in front of the TV and you're like, what's we watch? And then you start flicking through all the different things on foxtail they drink streaming apps now, looking for TV shows or movies. We just tell you about the things that we're really enjoying at the moment. Patsy, what's it for you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know what I've got on too? On stand this week it's just dropped. Brand news is called Joan.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've seen all the big adverts for this.
Speaker 4: She's so cool. So it's based it's a true life story in Britain of a woman in the eighties who turned into become this notorious jewelry thief.
Speaker 3: Yes, and it is so.
Speaker 4: Well made, you know what. The minute I turned it on, I loved it because it's just the soundtrack is incredible, just all these eighties songs. It's brilliant. It is so good.
Speaker 5: It's called Joan and she's what is she acting alone thief?
Speaker 4: Well, she's in this really nasty relationship and her husband goes away. She's a single mom and it's part sort of you know, desperation of being able to be a single mum and provide for a daughter and you know, get away from a home.
Speaker 3: Incredible story.
Speaker 4: It's great. Sophie Turner is played by her. She was in Game of Thrones. Oh, I know, married to one of the Jonas brothers.
Speaker 3: Yes, Barry Jonas Barry.
Speaker 4: That it's beautiful ash and it's just iconic eighties So I'm really loving that at the moment. The other thing is school holidays still if you haven't been to any of Melbourne Zoo's lately. Remember there's three. There's Hillsville Sanctuary, there's of course the Royal Melbourne Zoo in Parkville and out our way at Werribee Open Range Zoo. They're doing really exciting things there at the moment.
Speaker 3: Hillsville is great.
Speaker 2: It's a lovely trip to go out there as well, and the weather's going to be nice this weekend as well.
Speaker 3: What's the Weerraby one.
Speaker 4: Where every one is and it's We were speaking on the show yesterday about how big it was five times the Big Quiz. We found out it's getting bigger. They're moving all of the African elephants before Christmas. That's right from the park Field site.
Speaker 2: We were asked to come up with an idea about that to celebrate. Well, I don't know what happens like he didn't like the idea.
Speaker 4: So they're not there yet, but they're there early next year.
Speaker 2: So it takes him a long time to walk out to where you get fifty nfs over the West Gate.
Speaker 5: It's a nightmare, real animal spents.
Speaker 4: And millions out there, and they're eventually going to have a gondola ride across the Lion in closing. Yeah, it's going to be amazing.
Speaker 3: What do you mean.
Speaker 4: Amazing like gondolas like half his seat?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought you on a lake like that. I'm pretty sure those big cats can swim close within an hour.
Speaker 3: But she was nervously with like a big poleh in doggy paddle the.
Speaker 4: Lines they are gone.
Speaker 3: You might get in venice or something, you know, but do go.
Speaker 4: You can spend the whole day out there. It's brilliant.
Speaker 5: The cable carr is still scary to be going across the linings a swing. You can't help it going one of those things and thinks what happens?
Speaker 2: Sometimes they just have a mechanical and you don't want to be that one who's in the middle.
Speaker 3: And the lions like, here we go.
Speaker 2: Come on for I doubt this is the best day ever.
Speaker 4: When we went to Queenstown, we went, they're really done. That gondola up queen it is.
Speaker 3: It is beautiful, but it is a bit scary, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Close my eyes the whole way I didn't see a thing.
Speaker 2: I started to get nervous when we were there two yars ago. Then Ruby started rocking the thing. We're you're trying to have a laugh. That is, let me film it, and they still got the video. I'm having a complete sense of even like trying to hang on to.
Speaker 3: The stop it.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Then we come back after this and we'll get into Jack and Ice Double thumbs Up.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're doing Double thumbs Up where every Friday we talk about the things that we're enjoying at the moment. If you've got a show that you're really into that you recommend text us four seven five three one O four three. Jackie boy, what are you into at the moment?
Speaker 5: I've brought in some show and tell today. One of our lovely listeners, Karen wrote to the show and said, Hey, if Gordy wants a crocheted animal, I'll be happy to make him one. Her instagram is fantastic Karen j Crochet. She makes any animal that you want, she'll make. She'll knit it into a crochet soft toy and have a look at this. So I said, Gordy loves whales at the moment, and.
Speaker 2: She made these that is absolutely beauty, the size of the cottage.
Speaker 5: It's so good and he loves it.
Speaker 2: So I want a crochet animal now. Cooka, but I'd have a cook I'm actually wearing Kooko burrough socks right now.
Speaker 3: I love.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they are quite impressive.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen a Kooko bar on her Instagram, but her instagram suggests she could do any animal animal is too detailed or too differ Again at Karen J. Crochet, what a great idea for any kids presence you got coming out in the near future. And then a documentary that Bank and I watched last night on Netflix was called Will and Harper. It's about Will Ferrell and his friend of twenty seven years is transitioning from a man into a woman, and they go on this lovely road trip across the US.
Speaker 3: I love if it were about half an hour into it, Yeah, just started it.
Speaker 5: They go on the road trip to sort to have a conversation and sort out what this means for their friendship now they've known each other for twenty odd years as two guys, and it's actually really moving. It's really beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, things I'm enjoying at the moment.
Speaker 2: You mentioned a couple of weeks ago, Patsy and I wasn't sure about it, but it's really good. The perfect couple. Yes, oh, my god, it's very good. Nicole Kidman and Leif Schreiber very very very watchable.
Speaker 4: Stupid dance. Like the opening credit, they do this ridiculous stay but Nicole's.
Speaker 3: Doing all of them, all them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really really watchable. The other thing that I really enjoyed is a movie that came out last week. George Clooney and Brad Pitt together in a movie, first one together since Ocean's Eleven, which is lot older now than you think. They're still so good together. They need to do more movies together. It's called Wolves. Very very good. Really really enjoyed that. That is on Apple TV and on Foxtowl. If you're a big fan of Sopranos, probably I would say my favorite TV show ever is The Sopranos. There was a great two part documentary with David Chase, who came up with the show Fascinate and its interviews with all the cast as well, even the late great James Gannandlphini as well, and it shows you their audition tapes that they did for the various characters as well. It's brilliant. Can't recommend enough. That's on Fox TEW. You'll find it's called Wise
Speaker 1: Guys, The Christian O'Connell Show podcast