Speaker 1: Come on, Oh my god, we didn't get fired. We're back on airs back.
Speaker 2: Why would we have got fired back again?
Speaker 1: Industry?
Speaker 2: Oh it's a big grim, Mitch, you're back on air.
Speaker 3: Maybe if I keep singing like that, we might get ourselves Byed.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll kick you out, Mitch, and I will.
Speaker 1: Laura reunited girl and have seen you in a week.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've been at home doing nothing exciting, but BRIT's been in Romania.
Speaker 5: Of one places, one be Dracula.
Speaker 6: Yes, Dracula does come from Transylvania in Romania, which I discovered is a real place.
Speaker 3: I was about to jump in and say the same thing, Britt. It was, and it makes me feel really dumb about geography, which was never my strong suit at school. But I didn't realize that Pennsylvania was real. I thought it was a made up Dracula land. I know it's it's a real pace.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I thought it was made up to like just a fable of where Dracula came from, because Dracula, obviously spoiler, isn't real.
Speaker 2: But I went there.
Speaker 6: I went to Transylvania, and I went inside Dracula's castle.
Speaker 1: But if he wasn't really, how has you got a castle.
Speaker 4: That's a really good point you made then.
Speaker 2: So well, no, we don't have the time.
Speaker 6: I was about to give you a history lesson on who wrote and who who discovered Dracula, but you're right, we don't have time Instagram for that one.
Speaker 8: We're back from our little holiday and I love that we didn't say why Britt was in Transylvania, but we've done at the time.
Speaker 1: Just you have to work it out yourself.
Speaker 4: No, my film lives there. I went to visit in Long Story Shore.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 8: Okay, Well, pivot from Transylvania to Kylie Mino. They couldn't be further from we're sending you to see Kyler Mino. You guys heard the news about Kylie right.
Speaker 1: She's coming.
Speaker 3: She's here, she's perform she's bringing tour to Australia.
Speaker 8: She's doing national shows Frontier pre South that's this Thursday. By the way, All tickets on sale October second. For details front hituring dot com. If you want to double you just got to go to the pickup dot com dot you the wind page.
Speaker 2: Who wouldn't want to go and see Carli Minogue live?
Speaker 6: Also, these tickets are going to be so hard to get that you're going and want to win this double pass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we've got four tickets.
Speaker 4: That's what a double pass is mentioned, two tickets.
Speaker 1: Next the show, Kick Up the Pickup. Listen.
Speaker 8: I think a new rule that they're trying to mandate on all flights within the country is going to really please you, Laura burn can to please me.
Speaker 1: That's going to please you in your little digits. You're stinky little digits.
Speaker 4: No, I think she's going to be unhappy.
Speaker 1: We'll find out. That's next on the Pickup. Welcome to the show. Have you Monday?
Speaker 8: It's Monday pick Up. It's back the country's favorite radio segment, pick Up put Down. I bring you, Brittin Laura a news topic from the weekend. You decide whether we continue talking about it, we pick it up, or we put it down we stop.
Speaker 1: Talking about it.
Speaker 3: I'll be honest, this is the thing that I miss most about our radio show, well week not you guys, pick Up put Down. Who was I going to discuss the topics of the world.
Speaker 1: Where Laura did?
Speaker 8: Because she text me this morning and said I want to do this article and pick Up put Down, and the topic of the article was new CPR measure of France method breathing through your butthole.
Speaker 2: Guys, I cannot. I got vetoed on this. I have strong feelings.
Speaker 3: It is an absolute scientific feat and we should talk about it.
Speaker 1: How would you pick it up? I'm really into breathing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I really want to open that buttthol up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I've chosen my own Laura that was very tired.
Speaker 7: Pick up.
Speaker 8: Put down a zoo in China painting their dogs to look like panda bears.
Speaker 2: Pick it up.
Speaker 4: You got to save money where you can. Pandas are expensive.
Speaker 2: Put it down. You want to talk about pandas.
Speaker 4: Yes, they're very cute panda dogs.
Speaker 2: I have seen this. You know what type of dog it is. It's a chow chow.
Speaker 3: So they've gotten a whole heap of Chinese chow chow dogs and they've painted them to look like panda bears.
Speaker 2: And they've put them in the zoo. And I think, dream big.
Speaker 3: You can be anyone or anything that you believe you can be, and in this case, a dog can be a panda.
Speaker 8: Two.
Speaker 6: The heavy panting for me gives it away, like where the tongue rolls out and it's.
Speaker 8: Like yeah, allegedly fans flocked to see these panda bears and it was until they started barking the giveaway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not the banding, but pick up.
Speaker 1: Put down.
Speaker 8: Teens having accounts on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Put it down down.
Speaker 1: I've read that, so we know what you mean.
Speaker 8: Last week, Instagram will watch teen accounts so you can have a special Instagram for teenagers.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing.
Speaker 4: You said, the same thing.
Speaker 2: In a different way.
Speaker 8: And know it just sounded like teenagers having Instagram use account. Sorry, just so you know, include a range of protections that limit who can contact them, what they can see, and how much time they spend on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Look, I think firstly, maybe it's a good thing that for kids who are using Instagram that there's some limitations around it and that there is some protection. But I think teenagers shouldn't be on Instagram like thirteen year olds fourteen year olds. They don't need it yet, and so I would say, if anything, we need to increase the age of kids using Instagram and put more limitation on it, not make it easier for them to access it or make them excited about having it as a young teenager.
Speaker 2: I just think it's not appropriate and you think it's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't think it should be on social media. We have research that it's a dangerous place. It does nothing for their morale and their confidence. I think it should be scrapped.
Speaker 1: I agree, all right.
Speaker 8: Finally, pick up, put down. Being barefoot on an aeroplane.
Speaker 6: Laura is going to pick it up because she fross getting those ranky toes out.
Speaker 2: It's actually not true.
Speaker 3: Like I like using my feet for stuff, but on an aeroplane, I keep my shoes on.
Speaker 2: I have video footage of you. We don't prove it.
Speaker 6: I had video footage of Laura with her feet and shoes and softs off feet up on someone else's thing and the toes blade.
Speaker 4: Her head's lulled back, she's asleep, she's drooling.
Speaker 1: It's a Japanese fan. I've seen it. Your toes that are so stretchy. So yeah.
Speaker 8: A airline passengers could now be removed from flights for going barefoot. American Airlines says, in an effort to create a safe environment for all, the airline requires everyone to dress appropriately, which means bare feet or offensive clothing.
Speaker 2: I'm no longer allowed a safe environment for all.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that because there's nothing that makes me feel more unsafe than bear toes.
Speaker 6: No, this is really serious. So a flight attendant came out in the last couple of days and she said, if you knew what was on that ground that had been there and not been cleaned up, or not been cleaned up properly, She's like, you would never take your.
Speaker 4: Shoes off on an aeroplane, I believe, And that is all I need to know.
Speaker 2: What about people who go into the toilet with their socks on?
Speaker 8: But then I've done that, I've stood in wi and then you've got web.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're discussing too much.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: So now I only fair first class.
Speaker 2: Oh you do know I can't afford it all right.
Speaker 3: Look, coming up next, I want to talk about something very serious, because that's what we do here, very serious new news. I want to talk about cheating in exams because I have a bit of a confession to make.
Speaker 4: Oh good, I can see where that's going.
Speaker 2: I need to get it off my chest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to be a genius to work out what's next.
Speaker 4: Need to get off your chest?
Speaker 1: Alright? Coming out neck after this.
Speaker 6: I feel like it's that time of year, the end of the year where all the students are school and all the university students sit their final exams, you know, the HC and the moving on to the next university year. There is a teacher that has come up with an ingenious idea.
Speaker 4: He's a professor.
Speaker 6: What he has done is decided to try and catch out cheaters. He's had enough, So he's created this exam with a fake question, like he's made up the question. Then he's created a website, like he's gone to great lengths. He's created a website where he's posted the question. Then he's posted a fake solution to it. Now he knows that this website is like a go to website for students to.
Speaker 4: Try and find answers.
Speaker 6: Right, So he's planted this seed like a year in advance. He puts the question, the fake question into the exam to see how many people would write down the impossible answer that he created googling site. By going to the site googling the question, they're going to get a fake answer and then they wrote it down. Out of ninety nine students that sat the exam, fourteen students wrote down his fake exam.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think.
Speaker 3: That there are a lot of people out there who back in the day would have cheated the old school way.
Speaker 2: And I have a confession to make, So Laura hold space for me.
Speaker 1: Everyone, would you like something, Yes, I do.
Speaker 2: I do, because you know I've shared a lot of things.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't want to make you embarrassing anything your criminal.
Speaker 3: I cheated in my Mass HC exam because I am actually really, really terrible at maths. And I now say this is a fore warning to teach us out there. Here is another way that you can catch students out for teaching. So back in the day, but yeah, catch teachers out for cheating, you said teaching.
Speaker 8: No teachers, please teachers out you share you stop cooking, never stop teaching.
Speaker 2: But this is how you can catch a cheat.
Speaker 3: Uh So I when I did my HC, you could bring into the exam room like your calculator, your protractor, like all the bits and piece that you also could bring in blank paper, which is like the paper that you would use to.
Speaker 2: Do your equations on. Right, so working paper.
Speaker 3: Well, I discovered when I was studying one day a pretty smart hack that I thought was smart at the time. I got all my paper and I stacked it all up and then I scored all of my so I wrote heavily on the top paper all of my equations that I needed to know. I threw away the top paper, and then there they were, all imprinted in the paper underneath.
Speaker 2: And I took that in with me.
Speaker 3: Into my exam, and no one knew and I had them all sitting there, and I that's the reason why I passed my maths HSS.
Speaker 8: Actually, I think that's about I did something similar but worse. Michellechury, my mum, taught me how to do it. In your mom, I've got I've got an admission too. I didn't do any maths. I dropped all mats in your ten and in my English I needed to remember keywords or whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't even remember what it was. But on my eraser, my rubber that you rub out pencil with, because.
Speaker 2: You're right, you wrote on your eraser.
Speaker 1: I peeled off the adhesive because it's.
Speaker 5: Wrapped in card paper the press, and I wrote all my notes on the inside of the paper as small as I could at the mouse, and then I folded it back up, taped it, and then when the teacher wasn't looking, I would peel it down read my notes and peel it back, and no one questioned a thing, and I still failed.
Speaker 4: My hatres all right, stand back, people.
Speaker 1: You've gone, I've got one. Oh great.
Speaker 6: When I was in year three, pug, that's the only time I've cheated, I'm to cheat on a spelling test, and I think my friend set me up.
Speaker 4: I think she knew that I was cheating.
Speaker 6: So I was looking she was really smart, and I was looking over her paper and the word was people. I'll never forget it people, And she wrote and she's too smart for this. She wrote PEO P P l E. She wrote double P, and I copied it down. And then when he marked the test, she got it right. So she must have rubbed it out and she set me up for failure.
Speaker 4: And to this day I have not forgotten her.
Speaker 1: Give us a call if you have cheating hacks. Actually no, that's no, we don't want to do.
Speaker 2: This is not cheating hacks.
Speaker 3: This is give us a call if you've ever cheated on an exam, because teachers out there need to know that this is how, this is how students are getting it past you, and we are going to help the teachers of the nation.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's that your calls next on the pickup.
Speaker 3: Look, we are coming into the time of year where people are going to be sitting their exams, whether that is your university exams, your HSC exams, and we all, the three of us, devastatingly just admitted something we probably shouldn't admitted, and that is that we are cheat as.
Speaker 2: It should be fair.
Speaker 4: In my defense, I only cheated when I was eight. You cheated in your HSC.
Speaker 2: I cheated in my HC only in maths, which I failed at anyway, so no one, I mean I didn't, I didn't use it. It's not like I did.
Speaker 3: I cheated, and then I've gone on to be like a mathematician and it's been a whole fast.
Speaker 1: I work in radio. I cheated in English, and now I talk for a living.
Speaker 2: So that's no year that that's problematic, isn't it ethic?
Speaker 8: We all had interesting methods of cheating, but we did.
Speaker 3: And this is the thing, right, Okay, I don't want anyone to confuse this. We are not endorsing cheatings because cheaters never win.
Speaker 2: Apparently.
Speaker 3: What we are trying to do, though, is that for all the teachers out there, for anyone who works in education, we are going to expose the ways in which people cheat.
Speaker 1: Sammy is called us. Hey Sammy, what was your cheating tactic?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 9: In my final year of university my econometrics exam, I really couldn't be bothered to learn all of the formulas. You needed to know them off by heart, So I wrote them all down on a piece of paper, put them in my bra, and then conveniently went to go to the toilet two or three times just to make sure I had them all in the right order.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 2: Well, they can't really do a strip search.
Speaker 6: I think that's a standard cheating Sammy. I don't think that was overly creative. I think there's been a lot of bra cheating. Don't criticize her cheating way.
Speaker 4: No, it's good. She's well enough to think of something like more demotral What.
Speaker 1: Would you do?
Speaker 4: Girls?
Speaker 1: Would you do? Would you cleave it or would you under.
Speaker 2: Boob it and cleave it?
Speaker 3: Because then if you bend down they'll see it. Oh, mine are so saggy these days. I could hold a telephone with mine.
Speaker 4: It's just need to it doesn't need to be it's in your bra, so you're not wearing brawls. You don't have to tuck it up under your boob.
Speaker 1: She's got to be in the bra I get you.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it pays to have sand bags, the amount of things you could carry with them.
Speaker 4: Glora carries a lunch under there, she does.
Speaker 1: Lord's got to roll up, it's melting. What about you, Abby?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 1: How did you cheat?
Speaker 7: Hoally? I was in an Indonesian exam and a couple of my friends and I wrote some of the answers on our leg and we made sure, you know, our skirt covered it, et cetera.
Speaker 9: When we're in the.
Speaker 7: Exam, I sat down and I kind of folded my skirt into my legs. Therefore all my answers were on display. I didn't end up having to use them. But it wasn't until after my test that we got pulled into the teacher's office where the pet student had dabbed us in.
Speaker 3: But what does the teacher say, Because they can't say, we'll show us up under your skirt.
Speaker 2: It'd say, no, this is harassment. Let me go home to my mum.
Speaker 7: What's on your leg? And I said, oh, what do you mean? Like, what's on my leg? And she's know you were cheating, and the girl that was sitting there smirking, and I was like, I'm young.
Speaker 4: You're like, it's just a Pythagoras birthmark.
Speaker 7: Use Indonesianesian.
Speaker 2: No one loves a dobber though, that's such?
Speaker 8: Should you say, like my partner is Indonesian? And I wrote I love you in Indonesia.
Speaker 1: Poem?
Speaker 7: Was she looking at my legs?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Thank you for the call? Wow? That people are very creative. Surely there's more, that's all we've got.
Speaker 4: No, No, most people probably don't cheat, Laura, Oh, really, do you.
Speaker 2: Know what someone else did? In my school?
Speaker 3: I never forget this one, so as during the HSC, I thought I'd done bad by scoring it on the paper. They stopped down the exam in the middle of the exam and they said, somebody, somebody has put their notes in the disabled bathroom, in the sanitary bin, in the disabled bathroom. Someone had gone in there and put their notes in there.
Speaker 4: That was you too, wasn't it?
Speaker 1: Low points?
Speaker 8: But that is not one of them, really, and you've done very well for someone who has no empathy or at all.
Speaker 2: No empathy. No empathy.
Speaker 6: English, so we couldn't think of the word honestly.
Speaker 1: Let me, let me get my eraser and I'll see what word I meant, Mitch. That wasn't me.
Speaker 2: I didn't do that. That's that's that's below me.
Speaker 4: Let's go, I can will and what he cheated on exams.
Speaker 1: If you're just tuning in, happily married kids.
Speaker 4: Sorry on exams obviously.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, look the boys are coming home.
Speaker 1: I mean they're going to be driving. The boys are coming home.