Speaker 1: First, yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Found out that the rapper Snoop Dogg has a professional joint roller who has to roll him one hundred and fifty a day. That is to say, Snoops up for I don't know, twelve hours, fourteen hours. That's a lot. That's a lot, Okay, one hundred and fifty day. So the headline was about one hundred and fifty joints a day for Snoop Dogg. That wasn't a really big takeaway from me. He has a professional joint roller. He what did he like run interviews? What's the recruitment policy that person's got like sick an entitlement and a package and what like a bonus STRUCTURER and stuff like that. I can't believe he actually employs someone whose job it is just to roll his joints.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you get a repetitive stress in jest well from doing the thing movement one hundred and fifty times a day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So if this was like the sixties or seventies, and it was for Keith Richards and you heard about the story, that you understand that. But in twenty twenty two, I thought, what a stray job for somebody. So this morning, what is the strangest almost unusual job you've had? This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. So Snoop Doggie Dog has someone he employs a full time joint roller. Okay, tell you what is a busy guy this joint ron? You think, well, that's an easy gig. No, you got to make a undred and fifty a day for Snoop Dogg?
Speaker 3: Would they kill a man?
Speaker 2: What's smoking that amount? Or making them? I know you're you're you're allergic to hard work. Which are you more worried about?
Speaker 3: Meaning the smoking? Day after day? Every would take its toll.
Speaker 2: Did I ever tell h much still about meeting Snoop Dogg? Oh my god, this is a horrendous story. Right years ago, I was went to see a median friend of mine do a gig and I went to see him backstage and he was like very very famous again and he'd been doing a lot of work out in America and backstage or just in the green room, happened to be loads of different people on tvings that and as part of an entourage, and there was a there was billowing smoke every when I don't mean like when people would smoke indoors. I mean Snoop Dogg Worth, Yes, all the dope. The center of it was Snoop Dogg. And I got introduced to him and he had like this. He had like it the law tracksuit and chain he was. He looked magnificent and anyway he had this. Honestly, it was like a It looked like a sub sandwich of a joint. I must have looked like a knock. I didn't they come to that big so and he's obviously a polite man. He's introduced to me and he goes, he sort of passed it to me, and I didn't know what to say. I went, I went like this, I had some early enough, No, I had one earlier. I hadn't I had some of that earlier. You know, you get a bit for up. Actually, yeah, I've had too much. Actually, to be honest, I had ten of those on the way here. So I've just got to give it another hour two yours actually quite.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: So what is the weirdest, most unusual job you ever had? Nine four one four one oh four three Chris, good morning, Good morning, So Chris, what is the most unusual job you've ever had.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm currently a snake etcher. I think that's pretty unusual. And previously I've been a professional adventurer.
Speaker 2: So what is what do you mean? Like Indiana Jones? What's a professional adventurer?
Speaker 5: So similar to how an athlete works in terms of the job, but rather than playing a sport, you just do very weird things.
Speaker 3: But who's pay to do that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean where's the coin coming from? Who's the man at the top of the pyramids.
Speaker 5: You just come up with a bad idea. People jump on board and you get sponsorships, You become ambassadors for companies and things like that, and that's how you get paid for the job. So the last expedition was kayaking the wrong way up the Murray River. Fits on a half thousand gates.
Speaker 2: This is these feel like ideas. You come up with the pub we're going to rodeo around Australia and so who.
Speaker 3: Paid for that one? Chris, give us an example of the company.
Speaker 2: Why she'd got the wrong way?
Speaker 5: Just do the that's aggressive Geelong Kat's actually jumped on board. We had Paddy Palin based in Melbourne, big adventure company we had. We're in a System's Kaiaks who sent basically a clack and a paddle every year for a while while was ambassador. So companies like that basically genuinely fascinating.
Speaker 2: I feel like we should do a competition to come up with your next adventure.
Speaker 5: I'm up for that.
Speaker 3: What's the most impressive thing you've ever done, Chris, we'll go up the Merry River the wrong way starts from.
Speaker 5: It'd probably be that one going in the wrong way up that was That was pretty difficult.
Speaker 2: But it's not like the rapids. It's not like Niagara for pretty steady body of water, isn't it the Murray?
Speaker 5: It gets pretty fast in the top rangers.
Speaker 3: Have to take you word for it, all right, Chris, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Keep the calls coming. Then, the weirdest job you ever had?
Speaker 1: You're listening to the question O Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jack was the strangest job you ever had?
Speaker 3: When Hamish and Andy were still on Row, they wanted to film this bit where they were taxi drivers overnight, so they would pick up people and then film them and interview them where they're in the taxis. But they wouldn't let them have the taxi license unless they actually sat the test and did the full setup that you have to that every taxi driver has to go through. The only exception they gave them is they were allowed to do the tests at the radio station instead of doing it at the taxi school. So my first paid job on Hamershan Andy was to learn study the taxi tests and sit the taxi test for them.
Speaker 2: You know why for them?
Speaker 3: Sat the test for him. So I sat in a room at the radio station and tried to use different handwriting for Hamish's tests.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 3: And answer questions like, if you were going from Corefield to the airport, what route would you do?
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to Mick. Good morning, Mick. What's the intest job you ever had?
Speaker 6: Mick?
Speaker 1: Hi, guys, I hope you ready for this. I worked artificially in seminating turkeys.
Speaker 2: Well, someone's going to do it. You know, we won the turkeys, then they're going to be made somehow. Someone has to do that. And how tricky is that?
Speaker 1: Well, apparently because I don't want enough for commercial purposes. It's a tour of person operation. One of them comes up, Oh, darling, my name's Mick, grabbed a turkey, shoved its head between its legs, turns it upside down for the other person to get a syringe. And in seminade's.
Speaker 2: Quite a two man job of that, isn't it? How you make an eye contact when you're doing that.
Speaker 1: Now, a little bit of small talk and you know, small talk.
Speaker 2: How the tiger is going to go next season?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you've got to move. You've got to move quick, Mike, you don't get an ugly one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Mick, thank you very much.
Speaker 6: She cool?
Speaker 1: How are cis?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Frank? Good morning?
Speaker 6: Oh good morning?
Speaker 2: Oh good whating Frank? So what's the strangest job you ever had? Frank?
Speaker 6: I had to extract gophers from graves in Queen's Park Cemetery in Calgary, Canada because they used to bring up the the treasures of the loved the loved ones. So it was it was it was basically like Caddy Shack with Bill Murray's character.
Speaker 2: If you can almost feel like this should have been the second Caddy Shak movie where Bill Murray is now in a in a graveyard and the cemetery getting rid of those damn gophers.
Speaker 3: So the gophers were like little grave diggers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they kept bringing up little piles of things like well, we'll just say metal objects and things and.
Speaker 2: What you mean. I mean, there's no dead people listening right now. They're not going to call in from the grave moaning, So.
Speaker 4: What do you mean like the wedding ring, earrings, things like that, and yeah, and we did it in a very human manner, but it was some Yeah, I had a bit of a reputation in that cemetery sort of because it was the year that that movie came.
Speaker 2: So you are so Canadian, and of course being Canadian, you've done it an incredibly humane way. You probably would have sat with all for thirty years until these died of natural causes in a room.
Speaker 3: Think of the families, Think of the loved ones of the decease.
Speaker 2: So are they are they somehow I'm actually get into the coffins or these are they work?
Speaker 6: I don't know how they do it, but they've got very sharp teeth. I don't know if you're seen a golfer, but I.
Speaker 2: Haven't had that pleasure yet my life. But still time, you know, still trying to take that off my bucket like a.
Speaker 6: Little beaver of minus the flat tail.
Speaker 2: So they will just burrow their weight into the coffin, have a little look around the corpse, and then take what they want.
Speaker 6: That's what it seemed to be.
Speaker 3: I think that's why the Queen's coffin was iron clad.
Speaker 2: Stop the gophers.
Speaker 6: I think that would be hedgehogs in English.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, Frank, thank you very much and cool.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show podcast