Speaker 1: I would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which this episode is being recorded, the Komboo Marry people. We pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Today I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson, and this is the Rise and Conquer podcast. This is the podcast where which have mindset, self development and becoming your higher self mix soon with a lot of laughs, plus behind the scenes of my life running two businesses and being among Think of us as the perfect combo of brunch with your besties mixed with self development. No matter where you are in your journey, we're here to help you be curious, pull yourself out, and embrace radical self awareness. If you're ready to get into the driver's seat of your own life and stop letting life pass you by, then you're in the right place.
Speaker 2: Hey everyone, Happy Friday and welcome back to the party. Today we have a fun hotline with Jamie.
Speaker 3: Hey Jamie, Hello, how are you good?
Speaker 2: I'm good and I didn't ask, So today we're answering three hotline questions because we're doing the most for you So our first question today was about clarity on your next level and how you can find it. Our second one was actually from our Facebook group where someone was unsure whether she should sell her house and go live in Dubai for two years or move back home for a little bit. And our last one was about how you can deal with guilt when you manifest things. So we'll get into those in a second, but we just wanted to give you all a little reminder that our sould out life happens for me. Manifestation journals are back in stock, and if you have been on the fence, it is a great time to get one.
Speaker 3: I was literally reading through all of my journal entries from the start of the year from when we first brought them out. I can't I literally have everything that I wrote down. It's crazy.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh. I know.
Speaker 3: I was doing it because I did a big reflection on my birthday of like the last year, the lessons I've learned, and then set intentions for the new year. And I was going back over my journal from the year and like how far I've come and the lessons I've learned, and I was mind blown. I couldn't believe how like everything, It just well, I can believe it, but I still.
Speaker 4: Can't believe it.
Speaker 2: It's funny, though, because I feel like you forget how much you wanted to be where you are at sometimes, so journals are just such a great reminder of that to like go back and be like, wow, like I really really wanted this, and because it all like.
Speaker 3: Kind of gradually comes to fruition and then all of a sudden, you're like, holy shit, I'm living my dream.
Speaker 4: But so go the best.
Speaker 2: We actually shared a really fun manifesting story on our Instagram this week, so go check that out too. I might actually we had a voicely sent in from rachelso I'll pop that in here, but you can also have a look at her story on Instagram and then we'll get trained into the episode.
Speaker 5: Hi, R and C Potty, I wanted to share a manifesting story with you. I completed round five of the project after I had my baby. I was feeling really lost and unsure of my future. So I started manifesting in all areas of my life, but my purpose and my career ambitions felt quite blurry. I did feel called during the project to start a new Instagram account, specifically around motherhood and around self care. I wasn't sure where I was going to go with this, but I just started visualizing building a bit of a following, connecting with other moms, and working with some brands. I work for the company currently that owns Bras and Things, so I was really familiar with their operations and I used to use that as a bit of an expander to visualize.
Speaker 4: Doing you know, photoshoots.
Speaker 5: And fun things to help me sort of feel really expanded in that vision. So I imagine doing that with all my other favorite brands. Fast forward to the end of my maternity leave. Part of me wanted to stay home with my daughter, but I felt the nudge to return to my old job part time. This could be its own full story about how that's all just come together really perfectly. But shortly after returning, I got an opportunity in the business to apply for a casting call with Bras and Things to be in one of their campaigns. So I was tripping out because I'd been visualizing this without even really meaning to, and I just.
Speaker 4: Knew I had to apply.
Speaker 5: So, despite having my daughter a year ago and breastfeed and all of that, I'd be working on accepting my postpart and body, and I felt like this was such a good way to do it. And then G came out with the best and less campaign, and I couldn't believe what an even more perfect expander that was for me. So I applied for the casting call and I got it. I shot the campaign I've literally never modeled before. It was with four other girls from the business. I just couldn't believe how it all came together. And it's not something I ever thought I would do, and I honestly didn't even really do it intentionally, but it just felt really aligned and all the steps that I took that sort of led me to that opportunity. It's been just the most amazing experience. I'm so proud of and I couldn't have done it without you, guys.
Speaker 2: Love you. Our first question for today is hoping you can help you out. I did the last round of the R and D project and I manifested my current job and life, which blows my mind by the way, like I actually did.
Speaker 4: It, crazy crazy.
Speaker 2: But my question is I now want more, but I feel so overwhelmed with wanting so much it's almost like I'm blocking myself. Does this make sense? It's like I'm overwhelmed and don't know where to start, and then procrastinate and then nothing happens. But I still feel this burning desire for more. I want to do the course again and manifest my new desires, but I feel this block of wanting so much and it all being too overwhelming. Hoping someone can relate and perhaps guide me in the right direction.
Speaker 4: I love this question.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's something a lot of people go through when it comes to manifesting.
Speaker 2: Agree Like as soon as you figure out it works, you're like, what next, Yeah, and then all these ideas in your head and it is paralyzing how overwhelming it can be. Sometimes.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I actually worked with my mentor on this, like I think the beginning of this year, because I moved to the Gold Coast obviously and have this job and had like pretty much everything that I had been working to for so many years, and then I got there and I was like, I don't even know what's next because I feel like I'm living my dream and we had to work so much on kind of I guess I had never had so much like gratitude and appreciation for where I was that I didn't even know what was next because I was so happy and we kind of had to work through that it could It was okay that there was like seasons where I was manifesting, and I of course always have that desire to like want more and go to the next level, but I don't have to have that figured out right now. And I think a lot of people get stuck in the like I just want more, I just want more that they forget to just like kind of relish in where they are right now and be grateful for where they are, and then it almost blocks them because they're just constantly looking forward and they're not using that like gratitude and momentum to get clear on what their next level is.
Speaker 2: I think I would say I agree with that, like gratitude is so important because it's also the highest vibration you can be in, so it makes it a lot easier to manifest things. I would say when it comes to feeling overwhelmed, maybe just start by writing the things down as they come to your mind, because I found when I would get really overwhelmed with what I wanted to manifest, it was because I kept a lot of it in my head and I didn't write any of it down. I was like, and I want financial abundance, and I want a happy family, and I want to be healthy, and I want this, and I want this, and I want this and I want this. But I never wrote any of it down, and I as soon as I started writing it down, I realized a lot of the things I wanted to manifest sort of fell into like a few buckets. I would say of overall things like, yes, i'd maybe want a business, but that's under the bucket of financial abundance. And do I actually feel like I need a business with that, or do I just want the financial abundance and I'm happy with wherever that comes from. So I would start by really writing it down, but also just just pair it right back, like start at the beginning. You don't need to go through the whole project process again. I think that's also a reason why g the Manifesting with Momentum masterclass was about for these moments when you are sort of manifesting a lot of things on the go, just embodying it rather than going through the physical process for like one hundred different things.
Speaker 3: And also like focus more on the feeling because a lot of the time all of those different desires come back to one feeling, So if you can just focus on the feeling, it kind of takes that like overwhelm out because you're not worried about all of the details, and it helps you to kind of just focus on the one thing, like you know, financial freedom, happiness, all that sort of stuff. It all kind of correlates back to the same kind of peace and happiness within your own life. So I think if you can just like focus on the feeling and also don't just I think, especially at the moment with social media and everything, there's so many people out there talking about manifesting and their dream life and all that sort of stuff, and then it kind of overwhelms people because they get confused whether that's actually their desire or it's someone else's, and they're like looking online, they're like I want this, I want this, I want this. But it's like and if you're feeling overwhelmed and unclear, it might be because you're not actually making decisions from an aligned place and what you actually want. You're just like caught up in this whole manifesting thing and all of the things that you could have because all these people are like saying what they want online that you're not actually focusing on what you want. So I think, like, give yourself the space to also focus on like what it is you truly want, and maybe are you getting overwhelmed because you're just wanting all these things that make sense because other people have said that they want them, so true.
Speaker 2: It's like when you watch those tiktoks and someone's like I invest this much and I do crypto this way blah blah blah, and you're like, I want to invest in new crypto and then five minutes later.
Speaker 4: You're like, I don't want to actually do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's actually such a good point. I haven't thought of that now. I've been doing that myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think it's like so many people just have these like boxes that they think they should be ticking, and then it makes them feel so overwhelmed and unclear because they're like, well, actually, is this something that I want off? I just picked it up from someone else saying it a friend or online or whatever it is. So maybe give yourself some space and time to actually get clear on like what it is that you want, and then use you know, you getting this job that you have as motivation and fuel to remind yourself that whatever you want is possible, but don't just want it because someone else wants it.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love that, and if you do need some help and clarity, I highly recommend it for your future self. Course.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we actually have a seven day course, yeah, to help you with exactly this and work out your desires from a solo line place. So definitely do that. That helped me so much to kind of break down even like I felt like I was so overwhelmed by the next level that I was manifesting because it felt almost like far away from where I was. And then I kind of do it for your future self, help me break that down and look at even like the steps that I was taking in my every day life, and I'm like, I actually am working towards all of these things. I don't have to get so overwhelmed by like wanting them right now. But I know that, you know, what I'm doing in my every day is actually getting me closer to that more than I even realize. So I think that also helped me too a lot to like not feel so overwhelmed by my next level.
Speaker 2: I love that perspective because I'm the same like I feel like my desires right now, I'm just so big and so far away, and some of them are obviously time reliant, and those time aliant factors are like five ten years away, so it's like, what could I do possibly today that's gonna help you, like gonna make that ready for me in ten years time. But it is true that every single day counts, and I think Cooper gave me this advice and he said it on the podcast as well, of pique your desire and just do one thing every single day to get to it. It doesn't matter how big or how small. The one thing is if you miss a day, don't beat yourself up about it. Just do something the next day. And the more consistent you are, the closer that desire is going to come to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, Yeah, amazing.
Speaker 2: Okay a next question. So myself and my boyfriend bought an apartment eighteen months ago as at the time we were doing long distance and wanted to close the gap and be together. Fast forward to now, we are super happy in our relationship and looking forward to the future. However, is this the universe calling us? I'm really not that happy in the actual area we are in and want to move back to the beach. Our mortgage rate has just doubled after our term ending, and my brain is just telling me that this is happening to redirect us. We have two options. We can either work in Dubai for two years and live at rent free and tax free. My boyfriend is a teacher, so he gets offered free accommodation and I'm a freelancer. Or we move back to our hometown and unfortunately not be homeowners for a few years due to the price, but rent a property that would cost similar to our current mortgage. I would be happier at home by my friend's family and the beach. Anyway, I'll cut to the chase. I don't mean for this to turn into a financial question, but moreover, is this the universe telling us to sell up and go live our dreams? Kind of question? My angel of a boyfriend has been hesitant over the past six months when I initially expressed being unhappy in this area. However, since we found out about our mortgage rate doubling last week, he's jumping at the chance to sell up and move somewhere by the beach and thinks we can live a better life out there. My hesitation is the fact I feel we have taken two steps forward by becoming homeowners and then three steps back by risking it all and to go and live a more fulfilling life literally selling everything we own through huge risk. Any stories, insights, or words of wisdom welcome, more than happy for you to unpack this on the pod.
Speaker 4: I love this question.
Speaker 2: I love this question too. It was actually posted in our Facebook community as well, so this lady has already got some advice. And if you're wanting to add your two sense in, hop in our podcast Facebook community, which will link in the show notes and just search up this question.
Speaker 3: I also love our community and the advice that they give.
Speaker 2: I know so good.
Speaker 3: There's just it's just like I feel like there's so much conversation happening there at the moment, and so much advice, and it's just so sweet to see everyone supporting each other.
Speaker 2: I know, I love it.
Speaker 3: I would initially say to this, if you feel like the universe is trying to give you a sign, or if you have a gut feeling, follow it, like trust yourself and don't just wait for a sign or anything like that. I think signs are ultimately just you kind of finding something that feels good, and if you have a pool to do something, go and do it. I just think, and I will always choose the option that kind of scares me the most and saying that you're going to risk it all. Think of every good thing that's ever come for like people, and like their dream lives, it usually started from a huge risk and doing something that scared them so much. But if it has the potential to give you a more fulfilling life, I would always say, go and do it. Like I initially was so scared to move to the Gold Coast because it was moving away from everything that I knew, but it also I knew that it was going to give me the best life ever and it has. So I think if you have the option to go and live a more fulfilling life and it feels like a risk or it feels like a hard choice, usually it'll lead you to the best thing. And also I wouldn't worry about two steps forward and then three steps back. I just don't really believe in taking steps back, like you're still taking a step towards a happier life, which is actually a step forward.
Speaker 2: I would agree with that, Like where I would ask yourself. Where have you decided that this is two steps forward and three steps back? Like, whose metric is that? Is that society is telling you that you need to be a homeowner? Is that an internal compass telling you that you need to be a homeowner? And if that is coming from an internal place, why is that actually value of yours? And getting really clear on that, because if being a homeowner is a value of yours, absolutely fine. But if you actually dig deep and you go, oh, I only wanted it because that's the thing people do, or that means you're settling down or that sort of thing, then that's not actually yours and being aware of that and the other thing I would just like to point out that you wrote was should I risk it all to go and live a more fulfilling life? Yes, I feel like you've kind of answered your question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I just think like, if you were to have two options in your hands, one of them is being a homeowner and being unhappy, and the other one is to live a better life, Like, you're probably going to choose to live a better life. So if you break it, strip it back and just have those two options, like, you should always choose the option that's going to make you happier, and like, is there another option also or are you just putting two options into a box Because I know, for me, I have house in Melbourne and I had a plan to go and live in it, and it wasn't just I either sell it and move to the Gold Coast. I also could get renters in and rent it out and then go and live and rent in the Gold Coast and live a more fulfilling life. So is there like also another way where you get to have it all and you can still be a homeowner, you can rent somewhere that's going to make you happier, like so many people do that, So don't put the two options into a box, because there could also be another way where you get to have the.
Speaker 2: Pure house out and go live in Dubai for two years, yeah, tax free, Like you.
Speaker 4: Have so many options, it's not just one or the other.
Speaker 3: So I think also make sure that you're not putting anything into a box, because that was the option for me, and I've never been happier.
Speaker 4: So make sure that you're looking at all options too.
Speaker 2: M I love that idea, and I also just on your actual question of is the universe telling us to sell up and go live our dreams kind of question, maybe ask for another So like, if you don't have that full, strong gut feeling, or you're starting to have that doubt creep in, just ask for another sign. Or One thing I love to do that I used to do when I was a kid is like write both options or like whatever options on a piece of paper. If you have more than two, pop them in a hat and pull out the options one by one, and you're you will have a gut feeling of yes or no, or I'm happy with this option, I'm disappointed with this option, and that's going to tell you how you feel and you'll know when you get to the one that you want that that's the one you want. So I would even if you really need to, like, just start writing the more on a piece of paper, pull them out and see how you feel initially gut like your initial gut reaction when you pull it out of the hat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 3: And I also think like so many people get trapped in lives that don't fill them up because they do, you know, what they think they should be doing.
Speaker 2: But you should never do what you should do. You need to do what you want to do, what you desire to do, And if you feel like you're using the language of should or have to, then it's not coming from an aligned place.
Speaker 3: And I think also if you're doubting where you are, or you're even like considering whether you're happy where you are, that's usually a good sign that you have outgrown your current level and you're ready for your next level. And I think you could be blocking yourself just to have this, Like maybe you had a desire to be a homeowner, but that might not actually be aligned to your next level or your desire moving forward. So it's okay if like you change your mind or you pivot or whatever it is, because if you're questioning where you are or saying that you're not happy where you are, it's usually a pretty good sign that you're ready for your next level and nothing changes. If nothing changes, so picking up and moving could be the best thing that ever happens to you.
Speaker 2: Also, and this is like wayside tangent, but Dubai is amazing.
Speaker 3: I know I really want to go.
Speaker 2: Also, the best place ever.
Speaker 4: I love this whole tax free thing.
Speaker 2: I know you don't get tax sair.
Speaker 4: Can we bring that into Australia Government. If you're listening tax free.
Speaker 6: Please, we're just taking a quick break in today's podcast to let you know about our brand new course, Find your Voice, our complete step by step guide on how to start and scale your very own podcasts. If you're one of our biz career or marketing goals, or you're just someone looking to scale your personal brand and you're thinking of starting a podcast, then you will love this course. We give you our personal tips and tricks from our five years of experience in the podcasting industry, and we do not hold back. We take you through all the tech and equipment, but also go through how you can monetize your podcast, plan for episodes, and everything in between. Check out the link in the show notes for more information, and be sure to use the code rise ten for ten I sent off at checkout. Now let's get back into the episode.
Speaker 2: Our last question. I moved to a different city with my now husband about two years ago, purely for the experience and to be closer to family.
Speaker 4: Gosh, is this like a great.
Speaker 2: Follow up question? Wasn't even playing? It was a really scary and I was in survival mode for months. I had a couple of shitty workplace experiences before fighting my dream workplace that actually appreciates me and gives me a work life balance. I knew I deserved it. I'm a hard worker, that is my belief to my core. Anyway, I walked past this workplace before I started and said, I'm going to work here one day. It's a ten minute walk from where we live. Fast forward to almost a year and I'm saying those exact words in a speech in front of my work colleagues. Because I've worn a high performer award, I'm now in the running for Employee of the Year, which is a blessing in itself. Just recently, my husband and I got married. We had our dream wedding, and to top it all off, one week after we got back, we bought a little villa. Oh my gosh, has all happened within two years. I just cannot believe all of these things have happened since moving away from home. It's truly what you make of it, and it's about opening yourself up to experiences and people. You really have to create a confidence and energy to attract things you want in life. Don't get me wrong, it hasn't been all sunshine and roses. I have had really low times and letting the wrong people in it, but boy, they are the biggest lessons. I've been out of my comfort zone NonStop, taking on challenges and not being hard on myself if I make mistakes. Not sure if this is a good topic for your hotline, but what's your advice to overcome the guilt of manifesting these big things into your life, especially winning awards when you have passed trauma of not feeling good enough at previous workplaces. With this big awards night, I'm feeling anxious. It would be so amazing to win. But I know so many other people work just as hard as I do. That is the libra and people, please are in me.
Speaker 3: Moral of the story of this whole hotline is move Cities. No Oh, I love this question. I have a few things to say on this is. I feel like sometimes in life we miss out on opportunities or not given things so that we can work on ourselves and become the person we need to be to hold that level or to hold that thing. So I sometimes feel like, you know, previously I might have missed out on an opportunity or not being given something that I wanted but it actually was just a really good reflection on me to kind of work on either my worthiness or work on something that I had not seen before. Like, it's a really good opportunity to be seen blind spots. And now you've been given the opportunity to win an award, Like, I don't think you would have been offered an award if you weren't worthy of it. So I think just going into it and being like I have worked really hard, I've gone through things in the past so that I could be able to hold this level and to be able to feel, you know, amazing winning it, And I think would why would you not be worthy of it? And someone else would be Like I think we have such harsh reflections on ourselves, but we won't see that in other people. So I think, just remember that you were nominated for it for a reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love I love that perspective. And I think that's something that sort of stood out to me as well in this question, is that there does seem to be a bit of a worthiness thing when it comes to work, and I think even with the award, I have a bit of a unique Oh, I don't know if it's a unique point of view. But my point of view when it comes to awards is you cannot place your worth on whether you win them or not, because you could be the best person to win that award, you could tick all the boxes and extra boxes, and someone who you may not even have done as much as you might win it for a different reason or like, you have no control over that, And you can't place your worthiness on something someone else decides. So obviously, knowing yourself and your heart, that you are worthy of this award, but do not put that pressure on winning to hold that level, like you can hold the level of being the employee of the Year whether you win that award or not. Like there's always I'm not sure. I love award shows, so I do watch this a lot, like I watch a lot of award shows. But sometimes someone will win, for example, Actress of the Year the Oscar and you will see everyone in that room go, oh shit, it should have actually been this other person, and they'll write articles about it and all that sort of stuff. And sometimes you'll see someone win Actress of the Year and everyone's over the moon for them, and there's all the articles going they were the most deserving person. This is an incredible performance, and that I think definitely comes from the energy with which you hold yourself, not necessarily whether you did the best job or not.
Speaker 3: And also like it's so subjective, like there's only so suspecting amount of people choosing the award. But obviously, like even looking at the start of this question, when she was saying that she saw a dream workplace and said, I deserve to work there. I'm a hard worker and that's the belief to my call, Like, you obviously do have that belief inside of you, So try and use that, because how is you getting that job and truly believing that you deserve that any different to you winning an award, Like it's the same thing. And if you have that core belief and you know that down to your core, use that energy and like hold yourself in a way like we always talk about, it's the energy in which you're in that kind of attracts you know, things and people and all that sort of stuff into your life. So use that initial energy that you had in this question to then hold yourself in this same situation and kind of remind yourself that you've gotten something before for being a hard worker.
Speaker 4: You've gotten your dream job, you knew you deserved it.
Speaker 3: So try and place that same belief into this situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then to answer the second part of her question where she asked, what's our advice to overcome the guilt of manifesting these big things in your life? I think that just comes down to the fact of knowing and maybe making it a core belief of yours that you can and deserve to have everything you want. Like it's almost that thing of I can see sort of maybe with your thought process of oh, well, I got the job, and I got the house, and I got the husband, so I couldn't possibly ask for anything else. You absolutely can, and you wouldn't want anything else if if it wasn't like you wouldn't have it on your heart, if you didn't deserve it, and if it wasn't coming your way in one way or the other. So I think, don't feel guilty about it, but something that does help me. I guess with guilt when it comes to manifesting big things, because sometimes you can feel a bit guilty because you can go, well, I have all this, and there's people struggling and that sort of stuff. Of the more you have, the more you have the ability to give and help others energetically, financially, whatever way you want to put it, but also knowing that your path is so unique and different to anyone else that if you just follow your path, you're actually not taking anything away from anyone else.
Speaker 4: And yeah, that's the biggest thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, yes, you got your dream job, but you didn't take, for example, my dream job away from me. No, because my dream job's different to your dream job. And just looking at it that way of you deserve everything you want for yourself because that's what's coming your way anyway, and the next person will get everything they deserve and more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think something that really helped me with this is like whilst manifesting big things into your life. And obviously this is coming from a place of like if you said that you're a people pleaser, if I have all these things, like other people can't have it, like you were just saying, but remembering there's like an abundance for that to go around for everyone. And I think just because don't focus on anyone else or what anyone else is doing, focus on yourself and your journey and you getting good things should never be an issue for the people around you. If anything, it should be like motivating and inspiring and hopefully the people around you can lift you up and make you feel good for having those big things and don't feel guilty for it because.
Speaker 2: You'd be sad time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you not having the things that you want isn't going to change anything for anyone else, So just try and focus on you and your journey and know that you manifesting these big things into your life isn't taking away from anyone else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 4: Amazing, amazing.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll leave that there. We hope you guys liked this episode and will pop up a thread in the Facebook group for the first and third question, but if you have anything to say about the second one, you can find that in the Facebook group already.
Speaker 4: It's already in there. Bye Hie.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conker podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community.
Speaker 4: We're an independent.
Speaker 1: Podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment. A follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing, and look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple podcasts would be great.