Speaker 1: Welcome to The Christian o conall Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks for downloading the pod. This is Jack and I'm here to tell you about today's episode, where we are going to celebrate all the best moments of the Queen of Werriby and the Queen of our show, Patsy. You might notice sometimes we talk about Patsy like she's not in the room, and that's because she actually isn't how the studio has configured is Christian and I don't hardly have any eyelinder. Patsy's inner special news booth across a hallway, and we could, you know, if we crane our next we can just see her in there. But it doesn't make her any less part of the show. Of course, personally, she is my favorite member of the show, as are these many unhinged moments from Patsy.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: Patsy sent me a message last night. She needs some advice, Patsy, how can I?
Speaker 4: Audie has her very first mobile phone.
Speaker 3: That must be frightening for your freedom's She.
Speaker 2: Can contact the outside world the supports, sir.
Speaker 4: It's a step of trepidation.
Speaker 5: We didn't want to get it for another twelve months till she was sort of nearly year seven. But there was an incident last week. The buses couldn't get to their normal stop, so sort of last minute they were re routed. And we knew this, like the school sent out a text alert. But she was panicking thinking we didn't know, so she borrowed a girlfriend's phone to ring us. So clever and immature. But then Chris said, you know what I think it's I think we're going to have to get to the point that she needs a phone. I said, yeah, all right, but what do I do Christian? What rules do we have to You're.
Speaker 3: Really heading into it now. That is the phone usage and stuff like that. People have written books on it, Patsy. It is a constant battle at times.
Speaker 2: Here's an idea, could you go for one of those old Nokia thirty two tens so she can't go apps, Yeah, she can't go on TikTok.
Speaker 3: Thought about that. But then what they do, Perats is they go, I'm the only one in the y. You don't want to be to be lonely, missing up, hard to invite and her work clubs. I know, I know, go to the homework, must get you the most expensive phone. I can work clubs, we studies and prayer groups. You said a prayer app. I don't get it now it's called TikTok. Is it like as churchline?
Speaker 5: No, well, she's already we got her just a cheap you know, outright, little folk.
Speaker 4: It was under one hundred bucks. It was like forty nine bucks.
Speaker 2: A phonus.
Speaker 3: I mean, who are you calling on that? She's not getting You get cartons and a piece of street.
Speaker 4: She's eleven.
Speaker 3: If you need to get hold of an emergency that that phone isn't calling is?
Speaker 2: Where did you even get something so cheap?
Speaker 4: Guess where it was on sale?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Is it a toy one though?
Speaker 4: You know it's real?
Speaker 3: Is that like wheels are the bottom and.
Speaker 2: Gumballs inside it?
Speaker 5: It's a smart phone and the first thing smart.
Speaker 3: All the new technology in an iPhone you don't get at that cheat. They cost so much money.
Speaker 2: Little phone, Apple, Samsung, Google, they all course over one thousand dollars. Hours came out.
Speaker 3: Now she's now going to become that kid in the class and go, already get your phone out. Your mommy got your phone's take it back.
Speaker 4: It's fine, that's it.
Speaker 3: We just jumped online to have a look at that little phone. I'm looking at the spill featuring high definition voice calls. Wait, I can call using my voice speak to another Wednesday, it's been available for only fifty bucks high definition voice calls. Wow, what a reason to buy this. She must be the only people in town offering me high definition voice call.
Speaker 2: I think I'm still using standard deaf calls.
Speaker 5: When she shows us over twelve months that she can be responsible with it and not abuse it and not lose it, she can maybe get an upgrade.
Speaker 2: Actually shocked, that's actually a good idea. For forty nine bucks, you can get a smartphone.
Speaker 4: The first thing she did was download the Netflix up.
Speaker 2: This eight bits.
Speaker 3: It's quite like to be like a stick man that little book used to flip through to see someone running or stuff like that. It's got Netflix on that. It's about third of the resolution of an iPhone. It actually is a good idea, Patsy. But I'm going to bet you. I'll bet you ten bucks. Now, within three months, you're stepping out to an iPhone.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, she's not getting an iPhone yet.
Speaker 4: She might get one of my old ones.
Speaker 3: But see, already you're crumbling honestly, because you'll have this, especially when she goes into the next school year. Everyone else has got them. They've got all the apps. I'm missing out. And also it's just like they pitched to you, and it is true, we didn't have any of this and we were goods. They do talk to each other. The way they talk to each other is on snapchat.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: They don't use texts. They think old people use text messages. I don't realize it's just old and boring using text messages. I went, wait, you still text people? And they're like looking like, yes, square me time traveler from the past with my SMS because it's just easier and it works. And I actually I use WhatsApp. It's encrypted. No what you what you what you do? What you will need now that is whatever phone you get, you need to have something where you can control what they're having access to.
Speaker 2: That is the thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is, And that's why I mean, I'm sure all phones do this on this know, with the iPhone you can set parental controls over where you can limit the usage. I don't know if that fifty bucks toy phone has controls other than volume.
Speaker 2: It probably can't get on the internet, so you're safe.
Speaker 3: For now, walks you to the local library to get the reference books and what you're looking.
Speaker 1: At the Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Patsy, you had an extraordinary meeting yesterday with your school about the chat that your daughter already will be having about the birds and the bees.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's that time.
Speaker 5: So Audrey's grade five and they're broaching the subject of sex education this year, which I think is brilliant that they introduced it in primary school.
Speaker 4: Did your girls have a similar sort.
Speaker 3: Of Yeah, and do you know what? It changes everything, especially as a father to daughters, and there's be the same for Chris as well. They it changes because up until that moment, you're just some magic unicorn and then when they know what you did. I remember when we had to speak to Ruby, our eldest daughter, so she'd be the first one to have that up the chat with us and say my wife went to say to say, hey, you know your dad and I want to have a chat with you about sort of the birds and the bees something like that. She sort of went, okay, didn't quite know what was that different. Well, okay, well, why can't we just do it now? What's it got to do with dad. You're going to go spoiler alert, Wait, do you get a load of what dad did?
Speaker 5: Chris was sitting in on this hour long session and I'd look over at him.
Speaker 3: An hour it was an hour about for an hour.
Speaker 4: Well, just how to talk about it with your kids?
Speaker 5: What is the best approach to, you know, making it as less awkward as possible. But he was like breaking out in the sweat and also in denial of.
Speaker 3: Like arousing him. Going tend to get that at the slide back, Chris, stop that where they get those photos that use it so much more high death than on had.
Speaker 5: Just I think that realization, like the realization that his little girl is growing up and that there's going to be interesting in you know, in boys or girls or whatever he takes advance.
Speaker 3: It's just happening, you know.
Speaker 4: So it was good though it was informative, but we went he got.
Speaker 3: To school and actually giving and are actually doing it the right way because so many of us it's a fumbled half conversation from your parents. I remember a friend of mine, good friend of mine, right, this was the eighties. His dad was a local vicar, and here's dand just shoved a book under or put it on his bed and he'd staple together. Any of the pages had new dphotos.
Speaker 7: Already.
Speaker 3: There's a strange so much sort of awe with it. Shouldn't be about our bodies and so which is we're all here because of that beautiful actunion.
Speaker 2: I remember the awkward questionnaire they sent home with us at school to ask our parents, and we had to return it the next day. What do you mean like a Q and a Yeah, so have questions like when did you start to notice changes in your body? When did you notice.
Speaker 3: Hair changes in your body? Suddenly you're thirteen again, you're giggling at the back of the class.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know that you have to go home and ask mom and dad. So sitting at the kid honestly, at the kitchen table before dinner and going so, when did you notice hair in new places? Okay, thirteen, forget.
Speaker 3: That, so hang on you much.
Speaker 2: You interviewing, You had to interview your mom and dad.
Speaker 8: Way younger kid wants to talk about let them do it at a press conference, so perhapsly when how are they going to be doing it?
Speaker 3: How do people do it? Now? We had to buy a book.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I've got lots of books. But you know, we had we had the lady talk, right. I sort of broached that subject late last year.
Speaker 3: So when you when you work, because we were sort of similar age, perhaps were you? Was it the same thing as it was in my school right in the eighties where the boys were siphoned off into the gym.
Speaker 9: You guys love this, nothing bad happening here in the gym because we're dudes, right, And then suddenly the old overhead projector comes out that there's a picture of basically a six foot and everyone's laughing, and I remember.
Speaker 3: The teacher going, anyone laughing and we're turning the pictures off.
Speaker 5: No, we had one lesson with our solcience teacher, mister Smith.
Speaker 3: He had a logical one of those meter sticks banging, just a gorse the rest of it. If we're invading somewhere, I'm here.
Speaker 5: The north arose involved was a banana and something else.
Speaker 3: They're not still going with the bana.
Speaker 5: No No, And it's boysing with girls, which I think is brilliant because it's important that both sides understand what's going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's great.
Speaker 2: And so when how long till you have to have the chat with Well, it's.
Speaker 4: A progressive thing, Jack. They say to do little bit.
Speaker 3: Start with the breast and then downstairs. That's enough for this month. When we move on to the plumbers next month.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: We work with a superhero, a super heroine. Her earth name Patrina Jones. Yesterday she did a superhero.
Speaker 4: Act I did. Do you know what, Jack?
Speaker 5: I came home yesterday, pulled into the driveway and Lovely Ken and Barb.
Speaker 4: They're an elderly couple in the corner.
Speaker 3: Where perhaps introduces various random people like we know who they are, you know, Lovely Ken and Barb.
Speaker 2: They're not really called Kenn Barbie, Lovely Ken Barb.
Speaker 3: That's actually their name in their passports, Lovely Ken, Lovely Barb.
Speaker 4: We call them Ken and Barbie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and do they live in Barbie's dream house? Next door?
Speaker 5: It is, Oh, I just lost my headphones. It is quite a pretty little house. It's quite a quaint little house. But they were pulling out. They're in their late eighties. They're just the best couple. They You know, when our packages come from oz Post, can all keep them there till we get home, which.
Speaker 3: Is so nice. Everyone needs that in an idol word or stream. That's strange, sort of cold sat don't you strangers? I reckon Ken's gone. He's on a rocking chair and with a shot leave the package thereby.
Speaker 4: And he takes the bins in and out.
Speaker 3: And has a rummigh through the and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Anyway, they were taking off in the car yesterday and I noticed that Bob's handbag was on the top of the car. You couldn't miss it. It was like a Merry Popin's size bag.
Speaker 4: It was enormous.
Speaker 5: I don't know what she carries in there, this bright red bag. And obviously they didn't realize that her bag was on top of the car. I thought, oh, no, everything, all this stuff's probably in there.
Speaker 3: Hobos the person there stick the end of a stick like a brindle. All their stuff is in.
Speaker 5: There, and a walking stick was sticking out at the top of it. And they've probably got their medication in there.
Speaker 4: They're in there like you can't fit.
Speaker 3: A walking stick.
Speaker 4: She had her walking stick sticking out at the top of it.
Speaker 3: Like nunchuks or collapsible sort god.
Speaker 5: So, anyway, I took off because he drives it quite a pace ken so the times.
Speaker 3: They've only got two Way too quick, Granddad, way too slow? Can we DiPT the difference?
Speaker 4: She was like lead foot around the corner.
Speaker 2: So are you are you chasing them on foot? Terminal pursuit?
Speaker 3: Car mirror from the colder is running us down.
Speaker 4: I did think.
Speaker 5: I thought, no, I haven't got time to I'm going to have to get in the car. It was like a high speed pursuit along our street.
Speaker 3: Follow those old timers, this lovely can and lovely bar.
Speaker 5: And I'm turning the horn and flashing the lights. Unfortunately pulled their eighties.
Speaker 3: You could really distress them. Old can keen over into.
Speaker 2: Something that he does one of those fishtail maneuvers in the front of and she's got her own stingers.
Speaker 3: What those things they put out across cars.
Speaker 5: The spikes, spike, road spikes, it's got some of those in the book.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I pulled them over and can sid was over.
Speaker 3: She got that megaphone.
Speaker 4: I said, can your handbags on top of the car?
Speaker 5: He goes, oh, so I rescue the handbag and I saved the day.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Patsy.
Speaker 3: What a superhero.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: So Patsy is fifty on Monday. We're not going to be here. We're on the break, So we thought long and hard about a present for her. Patsy loves Camart, so we're going to be sending her live in a limousine. There's going to be a red carpet there outside. Came on, She's going to go down the red carpet. Then she's going to be given a trolley. Everything she can cram into the troney in sixty seconds is hers? Trust me, this is a dream for Patsy. Patsy, you in position.
Speaker 10: I'm in position. I've got the cart rio. Are you on standby?
Speaker 11: I'm terrified. Patsy has looked me dead in the eye. She goes, you better not. I won't use the language, but to stop this up for me. She is exactly where it goes when we walk through the entrance like a kmart. Savant goes op kitchen over you and I.
Speaker 7: Walk through all these as to get the kitchen. How did you know?
Speaker 1: Woreo?
Speaker 3: It feels like it's like a formula one. So she's at the starting grid, isn't she?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 10: She was probably like it's a pram. For some reason, I don't.
Speaker 7: Know why you go.
Speaker 3: So, Patsy, you're going to get sixty seconds on the cloth? Yes, yes, cram as much stuck, just grab as much as you can. It's all yours. Everything you get in sixty seconds, Yeah, that is yours. That's your fiftieth right, So again you're heading to the charcuterie boards.
Speaker 10: I'm standing right outside them right now. There's a faster ray and I'm really overwhelmed.
Speaker 3: And then where you're going? Where are you going from there? Have you worked out a roof that you're going to take?
Speaker 10: Yeah, so just a few holes up on the less of the appliances. I need a new toaster. We've still got the toaster we had from our weddings twenty three years ago and it's just about to carcket. So toaster is second. And then if we've still got time, you might tick a laundry, which is right at the back of the toasters.
Speaker 2: Real well, hope you still got time after one securary boarding.
Speaker 3: All right, Patsy, are you ready?
Speaker 10: One question I have to ask? What about breakages? Is through the boss covering any breaking?
Speaker 3: Don't worry about that, don't worry, okay, just grab smash whatever, you need to go through whatever just I would be grabbing everything.
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And who's Rio as well? He's going to be running alongside. Get him to grab stuff as well.
Speaker 10: Okay, don't be worried about that.
Speaker 3: All right, Dynamic Duo? Are you ready at kmart?
Speaker 6: Ready?
Speaker 3: Jackie boy? You ready to put sixty seconds on the clock.
Speaker 2: I'm ready?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: Three? Two, one go?
Speaker 1: Go? Oh my god?
Speaker 10: Yes the yep. I have a pricey fucky containers canst of containers.
Speaker 3: She's got a water bottle orange Jack on TV.
Speaker 10: There, I just go straight kettles, grab a kettle drop one.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 3: You think she's going to be made to pay for at the end, she left her phone behind. Patsy.
Speaker 2: We've lost you there, we've lost.
Speaker 7: Pats Yeah, I'm there.
Speaker 11: Came with lost pat We've got an espresso machine which we're now gitting in towards the rugs and blankets.
Speaker 7: She's about to run up with a trolley.
Speaker 10: Watch air.
Speaker 7: They stopped twenty seconds ago. But there' stuff overflowing from the troll She stills the trolley up.
Speaker 11: I'm now going to have to become the trolleys grabbing towers.
Speaker 7: We've got mirrors we've got.
Speaker 2: You've got a bonus ten seconds, she said, stopping.
Speaker 7: It's on the City of double the Troy. The trolley is higher than her at.
Speaker 10: This point, toil that won't need to on that.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, stop, Oh.
Speaker 3: My goodness, oh my gosh, all right, tell us what is in the trolley. Now we've lost pats We've lost Patsy. She's gone rogue.
Speaker 7: All right, Patty, we've we've lost you. But I'll come start up you next year.
Speaker 6: We have okay, four at least, all right. We've got a food on dick spath mats, fake plans and orchids, get.
Speaker 2: Anything and with classic containers.
Speaker 7: And you got three drink bottles. We've also got a had a massive drink bottle.
Speaker 10: It was just a blurt.
Speaker 7: It was like I could I couldn't keep up. It was like watching someone looting or shopping. It was truly terrifying. The super the trolley story was overflowing. It was literally above her head. She had one hand on top of the top of the trolley and wheeling it with the other hand, and she like careers into all the different shells.
Speaker 6: It was chaos.
Speaker 3: Oh my, Patsy, well done and happy birthday from all of us. Patsy, we'll see you back here soon well.
Speaker 1: Christian know Connell's Show podcast