Speaker 1: Life Uncut podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people's today.
Speaker 2: This episode is recorded on Gadigal Land of the Aurora Nation. Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life Uncut.
Speaker 3: I'm Laura, I'm Brittany.
Speaker 4: I'm Mitchell.
Speaker 3: Hi Mitchell, Hi Brittany. How are we all?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: Sixty minutes? Do you want to know a hack, fun fact? Get this? You know sixty minutes? How it goes? I'm Michael Rusher, I'm Peter Rogton.
Speaker 6: The last person to say their name has the first story on sixty minutes and it changes every week.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because it's a continuity flow on.
Speaker 4: But is that just such a fun little hack for.
Speaker 3: What a beautiful peak behind the curtains?
Speaker 4: That was me?
Speaker 7: You heard anything more fun?
Speaker 4: Sarah Arbo told me of the logos in the red that's fun.
Speaker 2: Shut up?
Speaker 4: What were you going to add? What were you going to say?
Speaker 1: We're talking about how your house this week? And I was just telling you off air that I have an anxiety blanket for you, a weighted anxiety blanket.
Speaker 3: And I was trying to speed this process up because I want to go home to my kids.
Speaker 2: So that's where we were at. We were bickering like an old married trio. It's a polyamorous couple that we are.
Speaker 4: We really are at times, aren't we.
Speaker 3: We love it.
Speaker 4: You stopped having.
Speaker 7: None each other point not a polyamorous a couple.
Speaker 4: We could have sex. I've got all the parts, as do you both.
Speaker 1: Yes, of course we could, which we didn't. We don't need to have the parts. You can do it with any part. That's the whole point.
Speaker 4: I can I have.
Speaker 3: I don't want to have sex with you, guys, but I love you so much.
Speaker 2: Please don't take that as a criticism, because I'm sure individually you're.
Speaker 7: Both Laura cat me to have sex with you. You don't worry.
Speaker 4: I gay, I am. You both have the figure of my partner. I could go you too. I love it.
Speaker 7: You're beautiful, have way bigger boobs than your partners.
Speaker 6: And from the waist down you guys asked even wow, wow. It's a compliment to you and to him I think you'll hate that.
Speaker 2: I yep, it's not a compliment in it anyway, It's the radio show. If you missed it, this is all the best bits apparently, so.
Speaker 1: So Mitch is house sitting, so we are talking about that today because you have house sat for me before, but you've never dog sat, which is the difference this time, your house sitting and dog sitting. We all knowdal Eila is my pride and joy. Yeah, last time I did catch you on the dog. You can doing the dirty when with someone on my lounge.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but isn't it cute? We haven't spoken about this. It's actually full circle because I was living with my parents and I houseat for you brit and I needed to get away from my parents this time last year and I was like, you know, single gay hadn't really done that before, so I was having men over anyway. The guy that I had over at BRIT's house is now my boyfriend's even isn't that so cools?
Speaker 4: Full circle?
Speaker 3: You guys can celebrate on Britney's couch again and.
Speaker 4: Raw dog for the second time. Yeah, that was boyfriends.
Speaker 7: You've done the damage, so do whatever.
Speaker 4: Okay, The brown leather couch it was fine.
Speaker 3: Oh the Stay in Stone show.
Speaker 7: I actually asked, no, they do.
Speaker 4: They are not.
Speaker 7: I thought they were water stains, but it checks out now.
Speaker 4: They are not.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we break look.
Speaker 2: Also on the show, Matt joined us on the show this week. You guys might know if you listen to two doting dads. Also, I vibed it. So there's been a lot of Matt con unfortunately sorry for everyone that he wrote a kid's book. But also it's been book week. It's also Father's Day coming up, and we got to the bottom of some very nefarious headlines that have been written about my husband, and we.
Speaker 3: Got to the bottom of those two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was fine.
Speaker 6: Also, Brittan I concocted a plan at the back of off the back of the logis Laura did something at the table shocked us. Like Brittan, I genuinely was so shocked at the way that you how do I can I put.
Speaker 2: I reacted to someone on stage who I love and adore and admire because I think that they got me through some really hard times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I'm not knocking it.
Speaker 6: However, we concocted a plan to actually surprise you with this person. They're an international celeb flew in for the logis and on their way to the airport to go back home, they came to the pick up to surprise Laura.
Speaker 2: I don't even I haven't even had a chance to thank you guys for that yet that absolutely.
Speaker 3: Made my day.
Speaker 2: Like I know, we joked about it a lot, and you guys will see who this international celebrity is very soon.
Speaker 3: But honestly, it met haes to me.
Speaker 2: I genuinely loved him growing up, and it was like such a nice surprise.
Speaker 1: I do want to admit it was completely selfish reason I love him as well, so I did it for me.
Speaker 7: But then I was like, I'll just stal for Laura as well.
Speaker 2: Can we bring him into our polyamory relationships that we were at when I.
Speaker 4: Like horny for each other? Did you see the look we had in each other?
Speaker 2: He's been with his partner since he was sixteen. He's not honey, Look like we said, we don't have to have sex with each other, just an open quad.
Speaker 4: I also love that we haven't actually said who it is.
Speaker 2: So whys coming aft?
Speaker 4: It's okay, it's Robert Irwin.
Speaker 2: In our relationship, I think nothing, nothing screams sex appeal like Robert Irwin.
Speaker 7: I think he's the same as as your boyfriend.
Speaker 4: Don't don't laugh too hard.
Speaker 6: I actually think he's older, all right. Doctor Harry joins us on James bays here in the studio. Hello, Joan, Hello, it's very nice to be here.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad you are here. But also I feel so stitched up now and out of my death because I I just added myself as a mad superfan and then here you are, and it was a surprise.
Speaker 5: I'm in Australia, the land of the Stitcher. There's some some beautiful so what we do to each other, it's fantastical.
Speaker 6: James, Yeah, he performed at the Logis on Sunday night. Laura was at our table on her feet dancing.
Speaker 7: During dance not dance, Come on. I was saying.
Speaker 2: This album came out in twenty fourteen and it was my breakup symphony. It got me through every hard time. I was like, it's all right, everything's going on to shit.
Speaker 3: But was put some James Day on a cry.
Speaker 5: I don't know when the album before I really lift people up at the end of any song. I think no's hey, things are tough and maybe that's okay, but maybe.
Speaker 2: You'll get through it. Maybe you won't, but you'll be all right. Put the album on again.
Speaker 1: I think it sometimes feels really good when your heartbreaking, to lean into the pain, though, and like I have sat in my car crying to let it go, singing like and I can't sing, like screaming at the top of my lungs that many times.
Speaker 7: But let me just see if I can get this right.
Speaker 1: Let it go stream one billion, two hundred and fifteen, six hundred and fifty one, eight hundred and fifty seven times. Do you ever get seek of hearing your own song? I would love to know that.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 5: I don't get sick of playing it. Touring around the world. I have arrived sometimes in like hotels, like I remember a few different occasions where we pull up in like the bus outside the hotel and like all the hotel stuff, like stood around the like check in desk, looking a bit pleasing themselves, and the music's playing like it's so lame, like yeah, respect, with all respect. It's like, guys, I'm so tired. I just gotta that's what they think. It'll love this? Well, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 5: It's huge it's massively like flattering, don't get me wrong. But at the same time, no, I don't get tired of singing it for sure, and I've sang it a lot. I hope I get to sing it like way more than I already have. And on top of that, the moment when people are singing it back to me and there's a really like obvious good moment in the middle of the song where we can hand it to the audience and they like scream it back.
Speaker 2: When you are writing, are you drawing from your own post experiences?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're going through your own heartbreak.
Speaker 5: I if I'm not going through my own, like and I go through I think we all go through heartbreaks about all kinds of different things. By the way, it's not always as straightforward as a breaking up or whatever. And then also the other thing I find myself drawing from is like and they remain anonymous, but like friends and people that I know going through stuff, and like sometimes even you get like affected by what's happening in a movie.
Speaker 4: And I kind of love those stories.
Speaker 5: When some of my favorite songwriters were so inspired by like a story in a book that they wrote the most beautiful heartbreak song on the most uplifting song, it's nice to there's drawing from direct personal experience, and I'm always doing that in some amount. But then you can sort of glean things from all kinds of different things that happen around you in like culture or in.
Speaker 4: Life or whatever.
Speaker 1: So James, you, I mean, I hope I've got this right. You've been in a relationship since you were sixteen. What I'm getting married next year. What's your advice for maintaining a healthy long term relationship. We see people, especially in the entertainment industry, they're breaking up all the time.
Speaker 5: I think you take each day as it comes. I think it's one step at a time. I think you don't leap into the future and you don't well on the part or even just sort of sit in the past too much, because you can just celebrating the past and there's remembering it and all that stuff. But just try to be present.
Speaker 7: Do you asking for a friend?
Speaker 1: Do you sing it people's wedding.
Speaker 4: Person that comes on the show?
Speaker 2: You have me?
Speaker 4: Drawn, you have me? Then you got your Yeah, yeah I've done it. Yeah, I've done it.
Speaker 7: I'm going to get my people to speak to your pier it.
Speaker 6: Well, you fell here for the LOGI, so you fly for Brittany Hockley's events Instagram. He's got on television anyway. I'm better exposure that listen. James brand new album, the fourth Studio album changes all the time.
Speaker 4: He's out October fourth.
Speaker 6: I mean, Laurie, you'll be there at JB High Fi buying the album first day it's out.
Speaker 3: Wa't Sunday is still around because I'll be front and center.
Speaker 4: I'm getting my seating.
Speaker 1: Hey, Mitch and Laurie, you might have seen this chat GPT roasting going viral online. So if you haven't seen this, people are doing this trend where you know, you can.
Speaker 7: Ask chat GPT literally anything.
Speaker 3: It's AI.
Speaker 1: It knows everything people are sending in their own Instagram or social media profiles and getting them to tell them what they think of It just based off the pictures, so it's not based off like your bio or your name or anything. You just have a look at whatever pictures are on the.
Speaker 7: Screen and then they just roasted.
Speaker 2: How have we gotten to the place in society where we need to be paid.
Speaker 3: Out by artificial intelligence?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: How we gotten there?
Speaker 8: I know?
Speaker 6: But isn't it sad that we don't ask our friends for advice. We go, hey, computer, tell me what you think about me, Mitch, tell me what you actually think about me. I'm not going to ask you. I'm going to go and ask this robot.
Speaker 7: Guys, I don't think I think you're missing the point.
Speaker 1: No one's doing it because they actually want the computer's advice. They're not going to go and change their profile based on it. But it's just a bit of amusement. People just want to see what they say. So I organized for chat GPT to roast all of us basically, so I don't know what. I didn't want to know the answer. I got to producer Grace to do it, so she sent them in. All I know is that one one of us is far worse off than the other.
Speaker 7: That's what she sped back to me.
Speaker 2: Who do you think is the easiest the easiest offended, like, out of.
Speaker 6: The three of us, Well, you've got kids, so I doubt chat GTP is going to be like two grommets around that woman's.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of photos of me with plants and animals, though, so that might think I live on a farm.
Speaker 6: Yeah, crazy cat lady you've got your dog brit but then you've got a beautiful boyfriend Ben mine.
Speaker 3: Then you have lots of hot summer photos.
Speaker 7: So like, I don't know what might will.
Speaker 1: Be because I've got dog stuff, I've got very unfiltered, hectic like podcast stuff like sexy chat, and then I've got some fashion stuff.
Speaker 7: We just had the logis, so I don't know what was going to be.
Speaker 6: It's chat GTP comes to my age gap boyfriend, I'm gonna lose it.
Speaker 7: Let's have a look what they say, producer Grace.
Speaker 2: What do they call that in a gay relationship when there's like a gap?
Speaker 1: But that was brilliant and that was a dumb question.
Speaker 7: Let's see what chat GPT has to say. We are going to start Laura play.
Speaker 9: This Instagram profile looks like the chaotic love child of a family scrapbook and a pr campaign. Instead of the shiny red carpet shots mixed in with the obligatory look at my cute kids and pets come as if the algorithm's going to implode without both. It's like they can't decide if they want to be a household name or just a regular person trying to get by. Newsflash you can't have it both ways, That's right.
Speaker 2: It's like a PR campaign slash what I'm sorry, I I think I need to go to therapy with chat JPT like they need to be.
Speaker 3: My my personal I'm okay with this.
Speaker 4: It's so brutal PR with family that is hilarious.
Speaker 7: Okay, I guess I will volunteer's true ephin Brits.
Speaker 9: This Instagram profile looks like it's trying way too hard to convince everyone that juggling, podcasting, red carpet events and sipping green juice is the pinnacle of human achievements. It's like a bizarre mix of look how glamorous my life is and I'm just a down to earth girl with a dog and a smoothie. It's basically the influencer starter pack and the sprinkle of trying to stay relevant desperation.
Speaker 7: I love desperation. Literally a picture on there that I have a dog in a smoothie.
Speaker 1: He's literally, He's like, it's like she has a dog in a smoothie.
Speaker 4: I do have a dog in a smoothie.
Speaker 2: I am a chaotic mess and you are in influencer desperation.
Speaker 1: I look like I'm trying too hard. To balance work with being humbled.
Speaker 6: I don't understand how it can be so brutal. Isn't AI meant to be non biased? No?
Speaker 2: I think that this is like, you know, how people do the roast like that, like the TV show.
Speaker 3: It's it's proper roast, and I think it's gonna have some really interesting things to say about.
Speaker 2: You, Mitch.
Speaker 7: I have a sneaky suspicion this is gonna be worse.
Speaker 4: All right, it's my Instagram feed roasted by chat GPT.
Speaker 9: Looks like someone is having a mid career crisis, trying to decide between being the next big radio star or a full time meme. Lord from Red Carpet poses that scream look at me, I dressed myself to the obligatory hot girl walk flex. It's a buffet of try hard content. Half the posts are just recycled radio bits, and the other half are shameless plugs disguised as attempts to stay relevant.
Speaker 4: Bravo for the effort, though, oh well done.
Speaker 7: She got a compliment to finish it.
Speaker 1: Mitch, recycled radio in a midlife crisis.
Speaker 4: I'm twenty eight. That's not midlife.
Speaker 2: At least you didn't attack your age gape. Oh my god, guys, this is brutal. We're all gonna go and have therapy after this.
Speaker 7: Now I'm gonna go post to smoothie in my dog.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 2: Parents across the country at the moment midway, we are well and truly into what is book week. And some parents love book week and some parents absolutely hate book Week and forget.
Speaker 7: It, like you, Laura Ben. Yeah, well tell me exceptional parents.
Speaker 2: But speaking of book Week, it is a very big thing in our household, even though we do seem to forget it every year. And the reason for that is because we now have a published author in our house.
Speaker 7: You already had one.
Speaker 2: You're a published author, that's true, a kid's book, published.
Speaker 4: Author authors in one house.
Speaker 2: My husband, Matty Jay, somebody might know him by He wrote a book with his podcast partner Ash Wicks, and it is called Two Doting Dads, A Quest for Free Time coming into Father's Day.
Speaker 7: It's quite the exceptional book. Matthew Johnson, Welcome.
Speaker 8: It's weird to be here in person. Normally I'm dialing in, you know, defending myself.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Usually it's to try and talk about something that you've done at home. That's you know, I've gotten upset about but you have written a book.
Speaker 4: And got it here.
Speaker 6: I've got the I've got the hard copy of Two Doting Dads. Matt, what is the book like? Give it a hard seal for those who who read books for children listening?
Speaker 4: Now, what's the book?
Speaker 8: Well, it took a long time to come to terms with this idea, but it's stemmed from the fact that when we read stories to Marley and Lola, Marley would often say she would get fed up with the books that we have at home that will be on rotation, and she said, Dad, can you can you make a fluffy.
Speaker 2: And if she didn't want him to fart into the door, And I do that anyway.
Speaker 8: But I would make up these stories and she would be into them, and the ones that were real life were the ones that she liked the most. And so then I thought, well, when it came time to writing a book, I didn't really have to make one up. It was just retelling what was happening in real life, which is Ash and myself. We sounds very self indulgent, but we've got ourselves as the main characters of this kid's book, and it's all about Ash and I trying to escape our kids and have some free time. But every time we try and get out the house, the kids are a nightmare and stop us.
Speaker 3: But it does have a very happy ending.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't want to give it away. I die in the book.
Speaker 1: So I heard a little rumor that some people depicted in the book weren't happy with said depiction.
Speaker 7: Laura.
Speaker 2: Matt comes home this one day and he goes, look, here is the illustrations for what is going to be inside this picture book. And he shows me the picture of him, great, looks exactly like him, shows me the picture of the girls, looks exactly like them, shows the picture of me, and I look like a mayor. I had no waste I had.
Speaker 7: Didn't you get a picture of her?
Speaker 2: I had a pot belly and I was wearing a collared shirt with my hairtie.
Speaker 7: I looked like a middle aged man.
Speaker 2: Who I hadn't But it's about to take up golfiing, that's what.
Speaker 4: It looked like.
Speaker 8: I said, Daniel, make sure you get the shading just right on her Adam's apple.
Speaker 4: Yeah, can I say they've given you?
Speaker 6: I don't know how it's possible they've illustrated eyebags show me, which is some sort of technological feat.
Speaker 4: Laura.
Speaker 3: To be fair, I do have I you're a mom, or like you've just.
Speaker 4: Been embalmed at a mortuary.
Speaker 7: Look at Laura, she oh wow, she do you have had some slip? Matt too though they both had some sleep.
Speaker 6: Put a photo on the socials. Now, Matt, I need to know two doting dads the quest for free time.
Speaker 4: You pick this up.
Speaker 6: And if I'm shopping for a book, I don't have kids, but I'm looking for a kid's book. You know, I go, oh, this this book, Maddie Janash, two doting dads. This is great representation for gay dads out there in the world. I think, wow, this would be great. Are two husbands with kids. I wonder their adoption journey. Let's go through the surrogacy. Nothing about that or cold frothy beers. Do you think maybe maybe it's a correct marketing point. You're going to attract a new demographic of gay men thinking this is a book about two husbands.
Speaker 8: Look, I now know that I made a big mistake. So recently we went to Dimmicks on George Street for a book signing, and there's a lot of people coming and going all right, We did have some people come in to get the book signed by us, but at the same time a lot of customers who were in there shopping for a book for traffic who don't know myself nor Ash. And this one lady came up to us as were their signing books, and she looked at the book and looked at us, and looked at the book and looked at us and said big smile in her face, and she said, I think this is beautiful. And I was like, yeah, the illustrations are great. It's a beautiful book. And she goes, no, you know, I think this is fantastic what the two of you are doing. And I'm like, well, thank you, thank you. We're very proud of the kid's book. And then she goes, my nephew is gay and he's married to a man, and I think it's great that these days we celebrate that.
Speaker 4: And I was looking at Ash.
Speaker 8: And I was like, ah, I could have corrected her, but.
Speaker 3: Then you started making out instead.
Speaker 2: But well, being that it's book week, we have Mattie j my husband here, who has just recently published a children's book and it is called Two Dotting Dads, The Quest of free time. Matt you've been in the public. I hate to use that works, it's kind of weird, but you have been for quite a while now. And one thing that happens when you come from the back end of a reality.
Speaker 3: TV show after it spits you.
Speaker 2: Out, is that there's a lot of headlines that are written about you. And so we're going to play a little game here, and it's called headline or head lies?
Speaker 9: Why head lies?
Speaker 2: So the way this works is this is your opportunity to tell us the truth. What is the real story behind the head live So there may also be a headline in there. You've got to tell us whether it's real or false and what actually happened?
Speaker 4: You have that, I've got one to kick it off. Reddy Mattie J.
Speaker 6: Johnson shares horror sex story about being busted with lubricant by Laura Burns's friend after getting touchy with himself during a dinner party in his home.
Speaker 4: I think that actually happened.
Speaker 1: How what kind of a dinner party are you having?
Speaker 7: And why wasn't I invited?
Speaker 4: Well, why didn't you have been? Come and find out? Well?
Speaker 8: I think Lord, that's correct, isn't it not? We have friends over and I was cleaning and I found some lubrican.
Speaker 3: No, what actually happened is we had friends over.
Speaker 2: They went into the bathroom and there was we had been cleaning out the drawers and there was a bottle of lubricant that had been left on the shelf, and one of them made a joke about it, and somehow Daily Mail went from that story to the fact that Matt must have gone and relieved himself mid dinner party.
Speaker 4: I love that we're playing this asking Matt and Laura is like, let me tell the.
Speaker 7: Forgotten he did it in the middle of a dinner bar.
Speaker 4: I can't remember.
Speaker 7: All right, I've got one. The Bachelor's Manny J.
Speaker 1: Johnson makes shock cosmetic surgery confession. I just wanted to rectify it. He said, what did you rectify? Did you get a face trains plant?
Speaker 8: I don't think that is I I think I was twenty.
Speaker 4: I must have been twenty.
Speaker 8: I got my ears pinned back, so it's true. Yeah, yeah, so I got him pinned back when I was twenty And the greatest thing I ever did.
Speaker 1: Do you have a photo that we could see one time? Pre pin pre pin, pre pin, post pin.
Speaker 8: I think so somewhere, not on my phone. Scars behind it? Yeah, little stuff really Yeah.
Speaker 4: Lread you put buy a oil on it for him or anything. No, she's a lot of love in this room.
Speaker 6: Ears.
Speaker 3: But the sound of this chat, he's done enough.
Speaker 6: I've got another headline. Maddie J. Johnson on living with his wife and his mum. I quote all my favorite ladies under one roof. I'm having the time of my life.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's I think that's true. I do say that quite often.
Speaker 3: That one made very sweet.
Speaker 8: That was I do say it, though, I do. Someone's got to pick it up. I love them so much, just the apple of my eye?
Speaker 4: Is that the same?
Speaker 6: Surely you're going crazy with your mom a living with you. She's beautiful.
Speaker 4: We've had her on this show. But the best had to find about how to cut carrots this morning? How did you carrots?
Speaker 8: Well, I'm glad you asked. I like them long and sticky. She does them in like like oval shapes.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we all want to take some jokes there, but we're gonna let it slide.
Speaker 4: Don't get me started.
Speaker 6: Well, this is why the country felling off with you two on the Palpa book Chemist, I can.
Speaker 1: Feel the love in the room, Laura, backed me up, Back me up, chemistry, I'm long and sticky, honey.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's that bachelor.
Speaker 6: The book is available in now Two Doting Dads The Quest for Free Time Maddie J and Ash. You can also get them on Two Doting Dads on their podcast. Wherever you get your podcast. It is an iHeart Radio pod though, so listen on the iHeart Radio app, Matt. People can get this book everywhere.
Speaker 8: I think at the moment it's already on sale. I think it's half price.
Speaker 4: It big up.
Speaker 2: You loves to say what they always do.
Speaker 3: They did it to ours.
Speaker 2: I don't think that that's an indication that it's a bad book. I think they just like to get in there with the discounts. Pre father say.
Speaker 6: Or head to Vini's in about eight months and you'll get it already in the clearance.
Speaker 4: Friend, Now you know you've made it, Maddie J. Congrats legend, Laura.
Speaker 6: As you know, I'm house sitting for you, Britt this weekend. You're going away and I am coming in. I'm looking after your dog Delilah, and I am fully house sitting, something that I have done countless times before.
Speaker 1: Which I am grateful for because I don't like to disturb Delilah's routine, and.
Speaker 7: She thrives better off at home in her environment.
Speaker 3: And she loves Uncle Mitch, she genuinely does.
Speaker 7: And she's obsessed with you just because.
Speaker 6: I eat a lot of protein. She can just smell the beef coming out of my paws. She's like this man, she lives inside your mouth. She actually does. It's a real problem. This is also the first time I've house sat with Delilah. I don't normally dog sit. Britt normally gives it to another dog sitter, and I just take the house because I live with my parents, which also means.
Speaker 2: That you have double responsibility because like normally, when you stay at BRIT's house, it's simply so that you have your own space, but now you actually have a job to do that you're not getting paid for.
Speaker 3: You're doing it out of the kindness of your own house.
Speaker 6: Well, that is why this time is a little different. And let me tell you, Britt, I don't have yet, but this has rocked me to my core. I wake up to an email this morning subject house sitting Doc. I'm like, Doc, I need to get my iPad out to read a dock that Britney Arkley has emailed me. Laura, guess what's in this dock? These are the house rules for house sitting.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't it just be the stuff that you've got to do for Delilah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, of course shocks that I've set you some guidance for house city.
Speaker 4: I'm your friend.
Speaker 6: If you go to tea with your grandma, she doesn't send you like you know house rules, you just wait.
Speaker 1: I have something to contribute to this conversation, and I'm going to do I'm going to do it at the very end.
Speaker 6: Delilah bolded in yellow highlighter ready, meal time twice daily, Mince in fridge.
Speaker 3: However, very reasonable.
Speaker 4: However, it must be served at room temperature.
Speaker 7: So she doesn't like when it's too cold. She got sensitive tea.
Speaker 6: Sprinkled dry kibble at users a discretion like I'm a car.
Speaker 7: That is a training mechanism.
Speaker 1: It's called spread feeding or something where you throw it around and they have to go and find it.
Speaker 6: When walking, Delilah Britt says, must in bold carry two tennis balls, not one.
Speaker 1: That is also training. She likes to go on rotation throw a ball. She brings it back, pick it up through the other.
Speaker 2: To be honest, I think this is all to help you, because if you're going to take care of a dog for a weekend, you gotta at least know what the dogs common sense.
Speaker 4: Next point comes from Bumbum like, yeah, I know.
Speaker 7: How carry carry dog bags around with you?
Speaker 4: Very important?
Speaker 7: Do you have to pick up a poop?
Speaker 6: Let's go to the general tab Ready general vacuum and dust pen located in linen press.
Speaker 4: It's needed for cleaning.
Speaker 7: In case you're of an accident with something.
Speaker 4: I'm not cleaning your house.
Speaker 7: I don't want you to clean my house. You know what I want to say.
Speaker 1: Firstly, this has nothing to do with why I wrote you a list. You broke all the rules last time I needed you a favor by giving you a space because you still live with your parents at twenty eight years old, Mitch and I caught you on the doggie cam doing the dog.
Speaker 2: This is this is we're still banging on about that.
Speaker 7: No, this is why I have rules, you know what.
Speaker 1: The other thing I want to say is the only way Mitch would do this is if I pay him to house sit my house. Not only is yes, since he is not you bucks a day, Mitch. Yep, not only he said no, and I said, I'm desperate, Mitch, as a friend, I am actually desperate. I've got no one to look after my dog because and he was like, fine, I'm trying to buy a house.
Speaker 7: Put a price on it. So I had to pay.
Speaker 2: Mitch, you have been complaining for the last four days, and I just assumed that you were being a little bit unreasonable and this was just a friendly offering.
Speaker 4: No, it's for the dog sitting element.
Speaker 2: There is one rule that you haven't discussed yet, which I've heard from you and also from you Britt.
Speaker 3: But I'm getting different mixed stories.
Speaker 4: Oh, they don't bring it up because this isn't fun for radio. This is real.
Speaker 3: Mitch is not allowed to sleep in BRIT's bed.
Speaker 2: He has to sleep in the spare bed, which is a fold out that has a topper on it in the room that has all BRIT's sport.
Speaker 3: Equipment in it.
Speaker 4: It's a sofa bed.
Speaker 3: He's very upset about it.
Speaker 2: I had told Mit she should just when BRIT's not they're just sleep in her bed. But now that I know you're getting paid, no sleep with a fileout.
Speaker 7: It's guys It's not a camp mattress.
Speaker 1: It's an orthopedic award winning sofa bed from Koala with a topper on it, also from an award winning store in a beautiful room.
Speaker 4: I must have get paid for that drop nothing kilos. I'm six foot three. I can't mind.
Speaker 6: I'll get spinal biffitter or something if I sleep on a bad bed.
Speaker 7: It's spine a biffitter.
Speaker 4: I don't want to get it. I don't want to catch it.
Speaker 3: Can I that?
Speaker 4: Well? I'll be read not what you do? You know what?
Speaker 6: That man that I hooked up with on your couch is now my boyfriend, So you should be lucky that your house is a beautiful safe space for me.
Speaker 1: We've been talking about house sitting. Basically, Mitch and I are fighting because Mitch's house sitting in my house and he has done nothing but complain even though I am paying him.
Speaker 7: But we're talking about things that go.
Speaker 1: Wrong when you house it, because last time your house sat, you broke so much stuff at my house. But it made me remember a story that I have buried because it was so traumatic for me. When I was younger and I was traveling around the world. Part of the way I could afford to do it. Was I used to house it like in different countries. There's a whole house sitting website where you can be strangers. You put your house up or you put that you're a sitter, and you just match up with people. You go to that country, you house it, you pet sit what house It sounds fun.
Speaker 2: You're not supposed to do those things at every house that you end up at, metch that's what got you into this pet like into the trouble in the first place.
Speaker 1: So I was in the UK in the countryside, in like this woodlands, and I was house sitting for these family that had two dogs.
Speaker 7: Beautiful house. It was amazing.
Speaker 1: It was like two weeks, so it's free of calm, loving life. And in the second week, the dogs used to just go out into the woods on their own because they knew the woods, they knew the paths, and then they would just come back when they please.
Speaker 3: No, I don't like this story, No I know where it's going.
Speaker 1: The owners told me, they're like, it's okay. They do it every day. They know these like the back of their hands. And then one day I didn't I couldn't find one of the dogs and I was like, it's okay, he'll come back.
Speaker 7: Long story short, he died. That do not know how we've gone from your couch to a dead dog.
Speaker 4: Boyfriend of one is funny. One is terrifying for kids. So kids in the car, great, kids in the car.
Speaker 7: It's not supposed to be.
Speaker 6: I walked through the woods, the haunted woods, and I found a wolf that had been eaten in half.
Speaker 4: Kids, don't wake up what they're you're making it?
Speaker 7: Look, we've got callers who please chuse the subject.
Speaker 4: What happened? Did you bake cookies when you were house sitting? Hopefully muffins or something?
Speaker 10: So I was like freshly eighteen, went to UNI and was asked to farm sit and I was meant to feed one hundred and sixty head of cattle every day.
Speaker 3: That's a big responsibility. That seems too much to ask an eighteen year old to do.
Speaker 4: Happened?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I woke up one morning, went to go check the cows and their normal paddock, and there was not one single cow in that normal paddock.
Speaker 7: So then I checked sixty.
Speaker 4: You lost an sixty cows.
Speaker 7: You're going to be kind, but where did they go?
Speaker 4: Did you find them?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 10: I checked every single paddic. I messaged all the neighbors before I even messaged the people that I was house sitting for you.
Speaker 4: I heard of you around town with the missing posts.
Speaker 10: I don't know who they are, but yeah, and I had to. I had to message the owners and they were like, oh, no, worries, it's okay, we'll worry about it when we get back. They're probably just next door. Probably a week later, they turned up early from their trip and told me to pack my bags and go home.
Speaker 4: So he where a cow?
Speaker 10: They have not been found to this day.
Speaker 7: So, everybody, I was stolen, We're kidnapped on your watch? You tag them or something.
Speaker 2: Oh I wish So the cows were stolen.
Speaker 1: Gosh, wow, they must have known that there was. They were away and there was an eighteen years.
Speaker 2: Does this fill you with absolute dread about going away and leaving Mitch in charge?
Speaker 7: Slightly?
Speaker 2: Mitch I would stay at home and just yeah, I wouldn't want the responsibility. At this point, Qui needs he needs the money
Speaker 4: The combat in the bot