Speaker 1: I Heart Podcasts. You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app Got anything good?
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good morning Rio, good morning, Good morning Alex Morning. Patsy of six she was if you listened to yesterday show, poor things. She shouldn't have come into her, but she's She labored throw and I do mean labor, and we all were to labor with her, but not well at all. There's some horrible lurgie just sweeping around this city, isn't there? Yes, every you had it. Caenan's had it. Lot of the office have had it.
Speaker 3: Yes, everyone I talked to, and I was talking on the phone to the real estate agent, she had it.
Speaker 4: Everyone in her office had it.
Speaker 1: And it all came from pats Yes, prays some zero. She brought it over that West Gate. I knew she was verier because yesterday afternoon she sent me a lovely message about how much she enjoyed working with me. That's when I realized she's seriously ill. She's favorite's ever going to come back from this hallucinating Who is this a fever dream? It was a fever one nightmare. I know it wasn't Pats, And I said, I know this isn't you. That's one of your lombell that's the canary down the mine shaft. If she's bestowing kindness on me, I know this is not the way it goes Pats.
Speaker 3: Sometimes also it's the kiss of death where she gives you a compliment and then that's she's actually loading.
Speaker 1: Up, going to say that the moment I received on my phone some crows fell dead from the sky, that she puts some juzu on me. Yeah. Yeah, So Alex Cullen, you've got to do news and sport I do. You did a good job there, Thank you, my friend. Yeah, but I say one thing. You sounded like you were guessing. By the end of it. You were sucking in air. I had to you know, you've got Pats has done this for seven years, buddy boy, so you've got to get your game face on. But you were doing very well. But suddenly halfway I had the saliva building. I needed to smile. It's a lot of reading. There are a lot of works. It's a lot of words today, so many words. Maybe chucking a few grunts or you know, if you're a cricket fan, you know about that yourself. Google it, you know it. Let them do some of the heavy lifting. You look at the score, caw, you look it up. I'm want to do everything shirty and gnarly and the sport and news the sport today for Pats to come back. He did anyway, especially when she came to when she would get passal wouldn't say a massive sports fan. She used to split those headlines out angry, contempt, contempt. She was so kind.
Speaker 5: She kind of mess, she said, knowing how bulletins are in expert hands with the force that is Alex.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Pat's what's going on. I'll tell you what. She'll be up right now listening to you.
Speaker 4: She's got some notes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she'd be faxing them through right now, all the way from Wheerabe. I can see the dots on the text message. Yeah, yeah, that little ghost. It's going to be like that for the next five hours and then nothing would be sent and you just can't rest all day knowing that she was disappointed. Now I've realized I hear another awareness yesterday of what it is to be a grown up. Something I've identified that's in every single one of our weeks that I'm going to call pain point of the week. I'll take you through it next the.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: All Right, pain point of the week. As have grown up, I think there's something that you're trying to get done throughout the week, and normally it's always a bit more complicated than you thought. It's not that quite easy to turn it over and get it done and take it off that eternal to do list which seems to get longer and longer and longer, and then other stuff comes into that to do list that pushes it down and you didn't quite get to take it off. So for about the last ten days, my two week recurring now pain point of the weeks is trying to sell my vinyl speakers because we're downsizing, my wife and I. We're moving out of our family home at the end of the year. I've got to get rid of these floor standing speakers.
Speaker 4: Which you were so excited when you got.
Speaker 1: I remember five great years, five wonderful years with them. However, they must go. It's part of the empty nest tinge. They need to need leave the ne too. However, selling them second and I didn't really have to be this difficult. They are a brand called caf and so eBay. It's not really the kind of place you sell like that marketplace forget it. And so I emailed a couple of shops going will you sell my speakers for me? They're like, that's not the way it was.
Speaker 4: You buy from them normally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got five notes.
Speaker 4: God, it's not their job.
Speaker 1: I thought there might be some hungry young but there I go ashually, do you know what fifty to fifty A little kiminish on the side, I'll sell the OC speakers from doing someone a solid in this town. I trade them in Yes I can't. Yeah, nothing for that. But then one of them was kind enough to tell me about an underground network for av lovers called stereo.
Speaker 4: Neet are the dark web of audio files.
Speaker 1: First of all, you have to join stereo net and it was like a twenty four hour application process. Well, I nervously waited with my application even beeper me and then it was back in the world of before there was Facebook, marketplace, before there was eBay. Classified advertising.
Speaker 4: Now, what even is that?
Speaker 1: Oh, so you don't even know what that is? Classifiers were like, how it used to be in newspapers where that's how you traded stuff.
Speaker 3: Or like a little Yeah it's in the newspaper. Oh my lord, that's an ancient technology.
Speaker 1: I know. But I'm back in that world.
Speaker 4: Where do people still use that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's shoes thriving, avy buying and selling specialized equipment. That's where my ad is right now, where it's like real estate dot com, the trading post. Yeah, trading, yes, with very strict rules about the wording and stuff like that. Right, and how's it going? No buy seventeen views.
Speaker 4: It's not exactly gone viral.
Speaker 1: Listen, someone in Bumbary Way brought something on there yesterday. I love it. You know where you go Marie and Bumbrie such a spot needle for a vinyl plan like get in your legends. Come and at KEP Speakers. There are seven's mink condition marine Bumbery two hours used to work there. There's not much in Bumby plus. The real problem is is that I'm not offering postage. What these things weigh an absolute time? Right? Would you any money I'll make secondhand? I'll lose. They are you can barely move one of them. It's a two person job to move them pick up only, pick up only.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, okay again, I'm really narrowing down.
Speaker 4: It's already very nat.
Speaker 1: That is my pain point of the week. My wife said, you know, how long do you think it's going to sell? This could go into next year. I was actually looking at how much it is to take out those storage units and all I would have it speakers. I got a feeling that when it's time to me to shake off my mortal care, I don't know when that is that I'll be writing my will seventh floor speakers. No, they're going to one of my daughters without what is bloody things? Sprinkle my ashes in the floor speakers. What is your pain point for this one?
Speaker 3: Mine has been on there since Monday is clean the shower screens, which, oh god, I know that's become my job. I hate it because a I've never found a good method that Actually.
Speaker 1: It's really hard to do it because without getting those visible sort of trails, you know, the planes leaving the sky, Yes you can that.
Speaker 4: No matter how hard you work on it, you always end up in streaks.
Speaker 1: And I want to get the feelings. Suddenly I felt the spirit of Pats if she was here, right now, I guarantee she'd say, Oh, you want to use vinegar's.
Speaker 4: Always that's what that's a solution. And do you get naked when you do it?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: Sorry, do you get naked when you clean the shower screens? Because there's so much water, you know, you have to get in there. You have to get on your hands and knees.
Speaker 1: Someone does have a system for this, because no, I'll do it during the day when it's been unused, because I think that's easier to clean it.
Speaker 7: No, I am a very good shower cleaner. Every day I clean my shower it. No, it's not worth You need is a squeeze, pressing and a microfiber towel and you will never have streaks on your screen. So every morning and every night when I shower, I squeegee it down and then I.
Speaker 1: Only getting cold. Say that again, only getting cold if you get out the shower, you want to towel off and then get changed.
Speaker 7: Now I towel off immediately and then I just wrap it around my body and I squeeze.
Speaker 1: Definitely to do that.
Speaker 7: Once I finish a shower, it goes back to being dry. That's how clean we get it. So we clean the whole shower.
Speaker 1: Feed in the shower likes to dry itself organic free rund. That's it.
Speaker 7: I never have to clean it outside of that, It's already done every single day.
Speaker 1: How long is that sort of make How long does that take?
Speaker 7: One minute? It's very very quick. Just squeegey, squeegey, squeege, wipe, wipe, wipe, done.
Speaker 1: Because I'd also for so tense because when you have a shower, it's like a spiritual rebirth. Don't you always feel at least ten percent better after a shower? So I either think I can't enjoy this flipping shower now because I got to do a minute of cardio pilates cleaning that bloody door, I'd be tense. I then want to then refresh myself again by getting back in the shower.
Speaker 4: Yes see, you have to take a shower up.
Speaker 1: It's almost like a Sisyphus kind of thing going on with the shower pushing that boulder up the hill. All right, what is your pain point this week? Text MEH four seventy five three one oh four to three The.
Speaker 2: Christian o'connal show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian recommendation for Rio for the shower screen bar Keeper's friends. Ah, thank you from Sarah. I have that permanently under the sink. I use it weekly. It's brilliant, gets rid of any stains for anything. Yep, oh it's really good. Yeah, barkeeper's friend is brilliant. Thank you Christian. My pain point for this week is mowing the lawn. I went to do it Monday, but the local servo ran out of fuel. I'm getting this guy as a ride on ran out of Yeah, I've never heard of that.
Speaker 4: Help that's gonna pub with no beer?
Speaker 1: What not? Can I get a chance to do it over the weekend? Have to teach the kids to drive a ride on? That comes from Chris and uh, do you know what, I've always thought it would be a good idea. Do you reckon? They can actually race ride on moas hope. So my dream is that there right before they next year at Albert Park and it's the big grand prix. Is that Are we host a ride on f one? Yes?
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: There's so many people out in country Victor have ride on moses. So do their lawns that they've got a decent plot or something like that in the paddocks, such as our man Chris here can we organize for next year a ride on F one.
Speaker 4: I would love.
Speaker 1: It's my dreams you'd have qualifying laps. Yes, you need to have that microphone set up. You know that. We hear in the headlines of a Monday when it box box here base, Can you come in out Oscar. We're changing to Wet's. We're changing to ET's couppy puppy. Max was trying to cut me off. It always sounds like it's like a chess club chatting to each other, doesn't it. Yeah, why they said dorky.
Speaker 5: They are then more shouting, don't they, Yes, they do.
Speaker 1: You're right yelling. It doesn't I don't think it sounds like that from liking the coach's boxes up. There's no way. There's no way shouting yes.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian My pain point this week. Spending all last week decorating the front yard for Halloween. Yesterday all blew away. Ah, it's landed in someone else's guard and is not spent but hopefully landing. Alex Collens actually his kids can actually have a decent one. Some of it twisted sort of washing line he's done is meant to look like a spider's nest. Hey, it's good. We've spent a lot of time on that, all right. So we do an occasional thing on the show right called song Detectives. If you're ever trying to know what a song is and all you've got is a line in it or the melody of it, you can drop us a line. We came into this when my wife for a couple of days kept asking me what this song was. This is my wife. A lot of people think that my mind is is a kind of infinite Wikipedia of every song ever recorded. The Mantis people will go, you must know it, you know it, you must know it radio, you know every single song ever. It must be alone. But flying anyone in there. But one of you did recognize the song was Enya.
Speaker 4: How the hell did they get out?
Speaker 1: I know, I know is she has many gifts. Then there was Dazza who was trying to find this song. Mmm mm hmmm. One of you recognized dary O g Sunshine Banger. This. Oh, what a great song on this two thousands. It's got the whipper? What's it? Amen? Van Helden? Talk me about Helden? Is he undancer with the stars. So they all end up we didn't play the whole album. Then our very own rio was looking for a song. No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no. Within seconds, we had all the lines going no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no. You're now music man. No no no no. And then I come to this email from Ellie that dropped into my in box this week. Hi Chris, actually name, but anyway, Hi Chris, I'm after a song that was played on your show on Monday the twenty fourth of February. Oh yep, okay, this this, this came to me this week. What did did she? I remember Monday the twenty fourth of February.
Speaker 4: Did she write it down? Has you been bothering her face?
Speaker 1: Write this down? Monday the twenty fourth of February between eight and nine am. And we don't keep logs a lot records of songs played? No, but what did you think we had like some sort of like register of songs that I sort of signed each hour? You think? But this is the line, she remembers hearing on Monday, the twenty fourth of February between eight and nine am on the show. And I try and I never waste time. This is possibly the chorus of the song. I'd really appreciate if you could please email me back to let me know when you're free to what go into the record library. But from that, I think it's four none blondes Ellie. I think it's this what's up and A try? It's got to be the song.
Speaker 4: What's the lot? She says, I and I try right, try to.
Speaker 1: Never waste time. She does mention that later on it's definitely the song. Okay, I think it's got to be the one.
Speaker 4: You do have an encyclopedic break, yeah, I see you do?
Speaker 1: You know every song ever, every song of it. If you ever need it, just email us Christian at Christian O'Connor dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian, you mentioned Arman van Helden. I did. He's headlining right here in Melbourne next year in April he's headlining djaying Electric Island. I think it was Carl Coxent this year who lives here now, another big legendary remixer and DJ of like the nineties and two thousands now lives in Melbourne, right.
Speaker 4: I know he did a twelve hour six last year in January.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's a legally they're all like their mid fifties and sixties now Arman Van Helden must be in his yeah, mid fifties by now. The two songs remember of armand Van Helden. There was a Tory Amos remix professional Widow, No that's not that Gotta be good, got to be Good? And then was that one as well in two thousands I think it was called you Don't Even Know Me. I'm not sure that's a song that's ever been made. We need to ring up a V. H. Van Helden, get him on the line by our seven guys, Christian. There are ride on races. My nephew used to compete in them. I believe there's one around Drew in this from Wayne, I really do. Seriously, if anyone knows someone on my beauticing right now who runs F one Australia, I need to set up a meeting between you and I so I can pitch my idea of the ride on F one just the morning of the actual race. A big, big ys, do you know how to actually old right on mos from our listeners fouling up the track. It's not like it's a billion dollar franchise or spots a global event. I'm sure it'd be very easy to organize now, or maybe the week before, because they start putting the chicnes out like a couple of weeks before. Don't they getting all the big sort of grandstands there. I tried to get tickets when they went on sale a couple of weeks ago, and I didn't realize it sold out. If one sort out for Melbourne next year, because it's never been bigger now because the documentary and there's people like me now coming in cold to it who've seen a couple of episodes I've tried to survive. I think you're an instant expert and we're trying to get tickets. But I try to get these grandstand ones because Lockie, who works on the show, right, he's a mega fan. You gotta get grandstand There was about two hundred different grandstands. How many grandstands can you have? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Which is the best grand I don't know.
Speaker 1: There was like all these kind of different named grandstands. I spent so long being paralyzed my choice all the tickets went ah, yeah, yeah, I'm now standing nowhere other than my couch. All right, time for this week, small thing. This is a song.
Speaker 8: By the way, doesn't this say two thousands? Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: That wasn't the song I was doing. But it's going back. You don't even know. I had the words right, wrong, melody wrong bass, but just the lyrics were there. Man lost in the two thousands. All right, I'm gonna guess two thousand when song came out. Yeah, can you quickly google arm and Vana Halden remix? You don't know me? I reckon that's ninety nine two thousands peak av h. It is all right, small thing, big joy.
Speaker 2: Joy.
Speaker 1: You do this every Thursday? What is this small thing that gives you a huge amount of joy? Last week, Natalie was when he was driving out to favorite car park spot at the shops and it's free. We all have our favorite Yeah, Richard, throw my socks straight into the washing basket. Three points Michael Georgian style, justin hitting four green traffic lights in a row xavier weekend morning coffee is in bed with my three year old daughter before I have to get up for work and get her ready. For nurse with three. What's it for you? Small thing, big joy?
Speaker 3: Mine is when you get a new piece of electronics, a phone or iPad, whatever, and you get to peel the thin little plastic covering that's on the screen.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're boxing, Oh, you filming.
Speaker 3: And then suddenly because you go from like it's a little bit foggy, and then you peel it off and it's beautiful, it's vibrant, it's satisfying. I would love just a product that they send you, maybe ten sort of fake phones, and I could just peel.
Speaker 4: Them off one by one. I would find that very gratifying.
Speaker 1: That's what's a small thing, big joy for you.
Speaker 5: When matching socks are reunited after being in separate washers.
Speaker 1: There's something pleasing about that. I think socks should have magnetic little bits in them that keep them together in the washing machine. Yeah, that's actually quite cleast. It's a gread idea because it is they just separate. Yes, it's a mystery as to why, and then you're right when suddenly they're like back together in each other's lives, like a couple that were inseparable and then go their other ways.
Speaker 5: Each other, I come back together and I'm there for it. Yes, I witness it when they're back together.
Speaker 1: And I to know what small thing the big joy for me is if there's anything I can do that can make the mornings a bit easier, I'm all down for it. Okay, right, I now have stumbled into this. Do you remember when you were sick, Mama used to maybe maybe rub the soles your feet with some vised vapor rub.
Speaker 4: Not mine personally, but if that's what you guys did, show.
Speaker 1: Mama O'Connell did, right, and it really helped. I don't know whether it was just a psychological thing or actually your feet, you know, all the blood pumping up and down and gets absorbed through the soles your feet and it comes up through your system. Anyway, recently I'm now doing that every morning, I'm looping up my feet with vixed vapor rub. Or wife is like, oh my god, Chris stinks in it like a sor something. And then obviously with I'm wandering around the house very very quiet in the morning, but it leaves this musk and then my wife to have got a vix vapor rub five days a week, a nice menthold smell. Yeah, que yes, well yes, try guys, vapor rub on your feet. But it's also like a good kind of like you're just doing some stretching, like those cat crawls and stretches you do, just by actually just rubbing the souls your feet. First thing in the morning. All right, small thing, big joy?
Speaker 2: What is it for you?
Speaker 1: You can text in yours now fall seven five O three one oh four three.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: What is the small thing that gives you? Big joy? Christian? For me, small thing, big joy. Getting my feud out of the microwave before the beep. It's a startling competition between me and my microwave. But I love winning the sign of war. I love to do that as well. I wait, you wait, you wait.
Speaker 3: Timing is everything, but then you're left with a one second you're gonna have to deal with later. You're only delaying your problems because then you've got to reset it back and then you've got to move forward again.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, you just hit stop and it stops the game. But if you way, I call the buzzer beater stop. Okay, well, if you wait for the beep, then you don't have to hit stop.
Speaker 1: You go one bit but you know what, if there is anyone right now designing the next generation of microwaves, turn this into an actual game with cash prizes. Oh yeah, this country loves cash prizes, that's true. You know. Way it's got like a slot machine, like a microwave and a poky. Well, you're winning your own money. You have to top it up once a month, put your coins in and stuff like that, and then you try and beat the machine.
Speaker 4: What this country needs is more poky.
Speaker 1: Everyone's saying, put them in foodster, put them in the kitchen, a poking machine. That's a micro group that I'm not certain parts of this country and even in this city that would sell out what.
Speaker 4: The money maker, don't get it wrong.
Speaker 1: I bring up my own Bogan range of cooking stuff, Bogan blenders, also cash everything that. There's also Bluetooth speaker as well, so you can play your Matchbox twenty hits, Christian Small Thing, Big Joy. I'm an uver driver walking up on the Gold Coast listening to the show. It's Jazz who often takes the show. I've just picked up passengers from the airport today from Melbourne. Also fans of your show, Hey, Jazz, I love this thank you very much, And Jazz, we'll be up near the Gold Coast next year. The show goes national from January the nineteenth next year, and at some point in the first couple of months we'll be taking the show on the road. I'm talking all five cities, five shows, one week. Jazz, can you pick us up from the airport? Yes? Please, please, will need a ride, Okay, Christian, I'm also in the Vicks Vapo rub club. Get in starting a movement now, Christian, you'll love this. And as a fan of mixed vapor rub. Years ago, I was a backpacker trumping through Mexico and I had a stinking carders on this bus. Didn't know any of the language, and suddenly a Mexican nonna came over and handed me. Heard me coughing some fixed vapo rub. Let me put some on my chest. Christian, Vix vapor rub. It's amazing what mixed vapor rub can do. It crosses language and transcends borders, bringing the world together. It is one rub at a time.
Speaker 4: My men loved it.
Speaker 1: She loved it.
Speaker 5: She put it on everything, cuts bruises, the lot. She even put it on her own broken wrist.
Speaker 1: Properties of it. Science just hasn't caught up with yet. I believe it's quantum powered.
Speaker 4: My dad's version of that is tiger barmb.
Speaker 1: It's so powerful my eyes water like a tiny homeopathic dose of it. Also, it's orange. Yes, it tain't any coating. Is that the tiger juice?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I guess it's. It's made from real tigers, is it right?
Speaker 1: Okay, but you said, Caitlin, what's your small thing? Big joy?
Speaker 7: Without a doubt, with the sharpest knife possible, slicing through a tomato has to be a tomato perfectly so so smooth that you can't even see the slice.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know what you mean. When you get that sweet spot and you got You're right, you've gotta have a super sharp knife, and it cleaves apart no resistance, there's no resistance, and that actually it just falls open for you like a cave.
Speaker 7: It's stunning. And it's only tomatoes. Because if you don't have a sharp knife with a tomato, and don't forget it, small thing.
Speaker 1: It gets all bendy. It spurts its seed all over the kitchen top. Excuse me, you know what I mean? The pips so that it does anyway I'll hit the ads now. You know what I meant.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast.
Speaker 1: I just started to type out get lucky to find out what year this came out in right, Google auto complete? Apparently that one thing? Want to know what just get lucky me? I just you really got to google that. Just fortunate occurrences exactly exactly, whether it's getting your food out in time from the microwave. Yes, anyways to get lucky friends, lucky bounce to the ball. That's right, that's what you call it. Rio dear, good morning, Christian Rio and Andrew. He said, how do you how its is more than Andrew? What can you try that?
Speaker 4: Can you try doing a news intro? Says it's Andrew Cullen.
Speaker 1: Uses sport now with Andy Cullen. That is my brother's name. Is it my brother's name? Andrew? Small thing, Big Joy is winning peg lotto. You get the exact amount of pegs you need to hang out your clothes. Mark, Yes, I know what you mean. We now have a name for it, Mark Roach for very funny peg Lotto. Christian small thing Big Joy for me when I get to the last pizza or barbecue shape and the best bit is yet to come. I pull out that foil packet and pour those loose bits of seasoning straight down the hatch. It is a sensory party for the taxt buds and the dust as well. It's angel does breathe it in Christian STBJ. It would have taken you longer to type out those initials that simply small thing, big joy. We shouldn't used to just stick to small thing big joy, okay, because that could be offensive. That's t oh. Dear Andy Cullen doesn't know what that means. He doesn't know what get lucky means, but.
Speaker 4: He doesn't googling.
Speaker 1: Now, don't google it. Don't ask the missus either, big what those bad boys have been saying on that radio show. I don't get this at Channel seven on daytimes at one might be googling at the Channel seven Christian finding my passport that I've been looking for for the last nine months after moving house. Oh oh god, that's shoe my joy. Yeah, that's a nice all right then time now for yes. I was talking about you know how sometimes if you have to go and do a shop at the supermarket and you buy yourself, if you're honest, I think we all do this. You buy some sort of sneaky secret snack for yourself that does not go back to the house, or if it does, you eat it and you get you tuck it, You tuck it into the bin. You know, you make out. You know that you're empty the bin. You used to a little reach down there and just wear they lose it in the garbage mountain. Yeah, Or you do what I do the other day. You have it in the car and then you get that rubbish, You take it out and you use that bin the system in the supermarket car park, no trace, perfect crime, perfect crime. And then you carry on that and you got a little secret, not a bad secret, but it's a snack secret, and it makes you feel so good. You go in the house. They don't know, no lecture about should me eating that kind of food? You know, an hour before having dinner?
Speaker 4: Now is hungry?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, make sure as well. Chewing gum important because some times they can smell it on your breath.
Speaker 1: Yes, sure, right, So for me, if a radio station ever wanted to illure me out of this place, if they left a trail of mcvitty's chocolate hobnob biscuits, I could not resist that trail.
Speaker 4: Are they digestives?
Speaker 1: Yeah, ones, you know the ones I had in the studio. Yes, even I started to force you to feeding it like seven in the morning. I just thought drying. They were affecting my show because it's more lubrication. Maybe it's not the first thing in the morning thing, you know, but that little buzz at three or four in the afternoon when you just need a little pick me up, you know, that mid afternoon dreaded slump.
Speaker 4: Yes, you don't want something too heavy because you just need something to you there.
Speaker 1: Those chocolate hobnobs. For me, that is my secret snack. I've got to share listening in the glove box in my car. There's always a half back if I ever get snowed in treacherous weather conditions. You never know, Melbourne. One minute, you could be at the beach it snowed in all in the same half hour that Lisa rest. No, would he be all right for a while. It's got some chocolate. Let's not rush to him. What's it for real? What is your sneaky snack?
Speaker 3: I've got a recent one actually, so my partner Will makes a lunch, which is the semi dried tomato pasta.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, thank you, Yes, I actually don't worry about me. Keep something for yourself. Well, have it tomorrow for lunch, your work. That's a hard note from the world.
Speaker 4: And he's been making it for some time.
Speaker 1: It's known there's no meat or anything.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, it's like, you know what the meat is, artichokes. O.
Speaker 1: The body does not register that as food.
Speaker 3: It's not a hearty lunch. And I've never I've been too cowardly to ever say that I don't like it. So it's been going on for a while, but last week too cowardly.
Speaker 1: And then goes on the radio into a microne announces it to a city listen.
Speaker 3: And so last week I finally got the guts not to tell him, of course, no no, but to go behind his back and every day had a delicious chicken karag box from down the road. Yes, you get a little bit of everything, chicken karaate.
Speaker 1: Is it pronounced karaate or karagi? It's not karagi, that's sounds like over the phone, and ask for a chicken karate and the guy, the guy started loving. Maybe we should start calling it that a bit easier. I have the chicken karate to go please?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 1: I think it's kara karag. I love that, okay, chicken karag.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's my secret treat, Alex.
Speaker 1: What's your sneaky snack? Kid? Cat Chunky?
Speaker 5: They are the king of chocolate bars for mine is so beautiful, the way of the chocolate.
Speaker 1: And what I do? Are you dunking that in tea or anything? No, I have no time for that. Christian. It's it's it's it's in and out straight in. I've got to grab it. I've got to eat it.
Speaker 5: And what I do is I always put the wrapper in my pocket and I get home and the kids will like hear the squnching.
Speaker 1: They're ratching you out there. And as you say, and Rio, they could smell it.
Speaker 5: They can.
Speaker 1: They know when we've been up to something. They really do. Here's what gets my wife very suspicious. He goes, you go, what are you smiling about? I'm not a fan of that. I'm not here for that. What are you smiling at? There's no smiling in this house, all right? What is your sneaker? Your secret snack? What's your go to?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast, What.
Speaker 1: Is your go to your dirty little secret, your secret snack. They don't know. That's what makes it so illicit and so exciting. There's no real harmado Christian for me, I know what you're talking about. Oh we all know what I'm talking about, that sneaky snack. It's not just what the snack is, it's where your hiding places are. That middle console for me, sometimes the side of the door, you know, that panel and the drive and the car and all tucky one down there. Yeah, underneath like a squeegee thing. She won't love that. When my car got broken into a couple of months ago and they obviously disappointed, all that was in there was essential oils and some chocolate pretzels, and they don't see some fit of rage. They just threw the pretzels around the car, suckers, because they would have tasted great money. Calmed you down a bit, some nice chocolate pretzels. So they do, these young offenders. Christian a sneaky KFC slider on the way home from work. I pay cat, I pay in cash.
Speaker 4: No, that's actually such a good point.
Speaker 1: Yes on the shed.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yes, Christian has always barbecue shaped for me, and I always kid myself I'm only gonna have some, but before I know it, that box is inhaled. Happens every single time. Santo Christian, on the subject of pizza shapes, I have the leftover sprinkles to use a seasoning on steak or hamburgers. Ah, that's a great idea, Now tell it with a spoon. Not so easy to hide. You need skill winking emoji. That's Janine. Christian. My secret snack is a marshmallow Santa and a river Port drink normally rathery lemonade. Please keep my name Anonymous Christian. My secret snack chocolate brownies from mister Kipling. They are just the right size for a guilty pleasure. Good old mister Kipling secret snap for me. Vegemite shapes, the much maligned brother of barbecue shape. Never even I didn't know there was a dark sheep for the vegemite shape. I have to try some of those. Richard Anonymous just wants me to do us. No, it's licorice bullets and also they taint your tongue and they foul. They are. Hey, listen, I know, yes they do an extreme opinion, but only monsters like licorice. Yeah, Christian, my secret pleasure is in the tenor. I hate a whole one kilo char with twenty four hours and then it ended up with the mouths from it. I've been sick. That is insane. I'm just going to give it up sometimes for that's it's so much, Naella, you've been processing out your body for years. Christian. My sneaky tree is a double Snickers bar, the double. I have to hide it in the car side doors so my kids don't see at school pickup. They will never discover me. Christian. I love a milky Way. It's quick, easy snack. I live a one minute walk to the supermarket so I can engulf in hell and engulf of the way. You have these snacks, that's you're walking eating. My wife doesn't work on Fridays, so that's the day. I love that you haven't rhythm to this.
Speaker 4: He's got to schedule in.
Speaker 1: Christian. I love snacking on pieces of cheddar cheese and apple and sultanas together. I call it my kinder kids CHAKUTERI secret snack for me two dollars mini cinnamon donuts some Safeway. I can't help myself, Christian. Are small packs of mixed nuts and audi at the registers. I always hide those I haven't stand by. I use my tobrain, but I got caught out. That's another big one, those mid West Mountain Rangers. This comes from Nathan. Please don't read my name out. O'Connell six packs of donuts and corns so too much. He hides them in the U two box. Whoever trades are lucky they got the toolbox. Hide them in the tools now one the trader has always said, I love getting on the tools. You love getting on snacks. Christian. My name is Netti and amaddict to to McDonald's soft serve cones. Whenever I try and get one of those that machines always naked.
Speaker 4: They're always are.
Speaker 1: What's going on to a hot broken one hundred the macas soft serve machines. All right, keep this going. Wants your secret snack? You can text me four seven five three one oh four three.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: I think we might need to do this every Thursday. I think Thursdays with Secrets has been born about. I didn't know everybody in the world does this, and so many people at last, I think it's said that you can confess to somebody else, a stranger, like I'm taking confession today. It's not good to hold these things now, and you don't, don't take it to the grave. Two about graves, what's this in the news? Then about you can be buried now with your pets? Yeah? And then what first alex Am mis understood that that the cow, dog or parakeet or whatever you've got, moose or whatever is in the coffin with you. Yes, apparently first ever, the animal is not just a plot.
Speaker 5: No, the Animal Justice Party they said that you can be buried in the same plot as the human owners.
Speaker 1: There was a law passed. But that means like a separate container. Well, I think it means the same one, doesn't it. Otherwise you've both got to go at the same time. Belove a dog died love, but the family sort of put me down as well. One mill that dog loved you, so you both go to the other side. Did you got a couple of years same plot living separately? I mean, otherwise, what are the odds.
Speaker 7: A lot of.
Speaker 1: Consuming going on? No same plot, the same plot? Yeah, next to you shout out to the Animal Justice Party in the old a g P as well. I think I saw them when we were voting. Oh yeah, you know there's like a thousand party. Yeah yeah, and then name God Justice for animals. I say, what about the Euthanasians of those ads? I keep saying those ads that it might be talking for you, mate, might be talking to you. Yeah. I think the algorithm knows you thinking about ending it all. Must be maybe maybe between those daytime shifts and chat so I know. Anyway, where were we? Oh yes, that's right. Secret snacks Christian anonymous because I know this is gross, but this is so bad. I buy a three piece feed from KFC and just eat the skin. Yes, oh my god, who are you, Hannibal Lecter? I prospect that that is revolting, Christian. My secret snack is Whittaker's Peanuts slab love Shadow Witigers Corporation Coconut block for me. Secret snack cherry right twin pack brought on the Bunnings power Pass I have won every every night driving own steady on me can also be more on the business debit card at seven eleven when buying fuel, I love I love the detail. That's so good. Again, you wouldn't notice on the credit card statements in price of fuel blame the Russians. Christian, is it okay to be under fifty and smashing through packets of Werther's originals on the train asking for friend.
Speaker 4: On the train, I saw that I'm sitting in another side.
Speaker 1: I judge it. I stand in judgment, Christian Ike Alex, I enjoy a KitKat chunky, but for me, it's a chomp chocolate bar perfection, with the ideal ratio of wafer chocolate and chewy caramel and not so not so large to ruin dinner appetite if I'm if I'm feeling very decadent, I pair it with a caramelo koala for the full mouth gasm, mouth gasm. But that's when it's like, you know, it's Rainbow's coming out. So chrishing my secret snack a maximum on the way home when filling up the car. See this is what a lot of you do, he added to the fuel bill. I pop the wrapper in the bin on my way into the house and no one finds out. So satisfying also comes with the fuel total on card win win, Bang bang, Christian, I'm the original milky bar kid will demolish a whole block in one sitting. Bang Bang licorice bullets, Christian, and you're wrong, are delicious. I'm not You're wrong, I'm right, Christian. My sneacret snack is cheese twisties. Never on my pommy partner's shopping. This goddamnit. I have to get myself and hide them in stashes around the house. However, my cheesy fingers always give me away, guilty feet. I've got no rhythm and cheesy twisty fingers have got no rhythm. Ever. Have you got here, Steve? Steve, welcome to the show mate, good bye guys.
Speaker 2: How are we?
Speaker 1: We're good? Steve? What is your secret snack? Buddy? Mate?
Speaker 9: My secret snack is these around this time of year, Baker's delight? Have these delicious lemon tarts?
Speaker 1: Good? I love a lemon tart all right, But I had.
Speaker 9: To be really sneaky at home. I've had Do you keep fighting different spots to hide them? Because my wife keeps fighting them?
Speaker 1: So what spots have you had? What secret stashes have you had so far? Are suitcase suitcases a great one? You only eat in there? Like one you in that carriage every couple of days, Steve, what are you up to? Just checking the suitcases again. You know, mate, I've got to be that's nicky.
Speaker 9: Then when I buy them, when I buy the box, I've got to take the aluminium trays off and get rid of them before I bring get them home.
Speaker 1: Counting and is it a seasonal thing? This lemon tae is available now yep ye from Bakers to mate.
Speaker 8: They're absolutely bloody beautiful.
Speaker 1: I'm popping into my local one today. I don't know what it's a move actually, Steve, thank you very much for the intel, have a great day, thanks to go on the show. Marries you too, I for one have enjoyed hearing all your confessions for your secret Snacks.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Time to play. This week's the Name game, as in, if you have a name that's one of a pain you would have developed over the years, A go to someone's like I have in your back pocket a line to explain your name. We take a clue which I guess what your name actually is. If you want to play thirteen fifty five twenty two, Do you have a.
Speaker 5: Name that's a pain, A name you always need to explain?
Speaker 4: Well, we've manor my.
Speaker 1: Name as in game Caller one Welcome to the name game.
Speaker 4: Mike quite is military Army.
Speaker 1: Navy sergeant, no major, Yes, let's got a caller two. Now I have a true potter. So my first name is a luxury brand chanel. Yes, snell, No, it's tip of her tongue. There wasn't it.
Speaker 5: And my last name is a princess of house pustle, no palace, yes, hellok.
Speaker 1: Caller three, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: It's my stair name, and it's bell maker.
Speaker 1: A bowl maker, barrel maker. Oh yes, I was good knowledge that. Now there's no Patsy today, so it's just me. The DJ takes on the journalist mano a mano. Both of us have stripped off to the waist, ringing on, oiled up in a pool of Jesus going phoebe set the seat, Jerry baked beans whatever, Yeah, you pick, all right, call the one. Welcome to the name game.
Speaker 6: Hi, how are you going?
Speaker 1: I'm good? Off you go, good luck. My last name as in double dog, double dog, yoga, excuse me yoga position the bird dog? No, double dog, yes, dash and dash and no labrador? N take a while a college? No?
Speaker 5: Do you want a mediclue?
Speaker 1: Yes? Please? So it's one part of a popular gaming player to sleepover Wiji board board. No, we're out of time. What is your name there, d ari idea you double dog.
Speaker 6: There a a.
Speaker 1: Really smart cryptic clue, actually too smart for us, but a very good one. I'll send you prize. That was brilliant. Thanks to calling. Thank you, thanks caller to good morning. My first name as in the river Murray. Oh, good job, yes, oh yes, that Coolberg. Thank you, good job. It's good a caller three. I have a good day at school. Thanks for calling, mate, Caller three, welcome to the name game. Hello, Hello, my name is in relatives auntie, uncle. Nope, this is clue.
Speaker 9: What was that?
Speaker 1: What was the clue? Relatives? Oh, nana, nana, niece, No, cous cousin, cousins, niece, have you come back? Cousins.
Speaker 4: You said it as in ben ben yeh.
Speaker 1: There we go. So your name is cousins, correct, right, first name is cousins. First name is cousins, cousins, double dog, Dore, you gotcha exactly. Is a great name. We had palace last week. My mind's still blown at that one. Alright, thank you very much, cousins.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, it is round till the Name Game, as in Let's go. Caller one, welcome, Hello Christian, longtime listener, first time caller. Lovely to meet you, mate. Thank you very much for being part of our mornings as well. My first name is like the cat Garfield Tabby. No famous cats are there the cat Felix. Yes, great name, well done. What a great name. That is a killer named Phoenix Felix. Thanks the Caller Show, thanks for listening. Caller two, the Name Game. Welcome or even welcome to the Name Game. If you're listening in English, Hello, cool, my name I don't know Award Oscar. Yes, it's a little LOGI wouldn't run it out in this country. Wouldn't run it out, Oscar. Thank you very much to give us a call. Have a good day, okay, thank you. Caller three, Welcome to the Name Game.
Speaker 7: High Team.
Speaker 1: My first and last name as in Princess Diaries, Mia Princess Diaries, Julie Andrews.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, come, your name is Julie Andrews.
Speaker 5: It was my married name, but I refuse to take it.
Speaker 2: I would have been Julie Andrews if I changed my name in Law's disappoint Oh.
Speaker 1: Must have seen that. Forced to watch that movie so many times as a dad would daughter, sa, I'm here, yeah, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast all.
Speaker 1: This week on a tie waster Family pass, Go and see an outstanding movie that's actually out from today Villa Cinema's Gold Class Family Passes. Go and see Springsteen's big movie, deliver Me from Nowhere. Go see it this weekend. Springsteen finally out now deliver Me from Nowhere this weekend at Village Cinema's Gold Class. It is an amazing movie. Jeremy Allen White is incredible as Springsteen. Also the two Jeremy's Jeremy Strong, Oh yeah, with an incredible wig and the turtle and next sweat take. You know he's in character. That dude always intense characters, isn't he. He's brill as well as Springsteen's manager John Landau. I loved it. I cannot recommend it enough. All right today, then on Worldcare Lucky Date, entire planet.
Speaker 4: Everybody's going to get lucky.
Speaker 1: Hell wow, we're looking for your lucky movies. The phrase Australia the Lucky Country comes from a nineteen sixty four book a classic by the Australian author Donald horn However, initially I didn't know this is meant as an insult with him writing in nineteen sixty four, Australia is a lucky country run by mainly second rate people, jamming words Horny in nineteen sixty four, I read a great book this year, We Should Be So Lucky Why the Australian Way Works. Really interesting book about the actual theory analyze the Australia and actually proving that it is the lucky country across so many areas. It's got by journalists cannot recommend it enough. Really goodbye. I think the journalist called Andrew Low we should be so lucky, very very good book about this country. All right, lucky movies. Well, a great detective's just got very lucky. That's right. He solved the Hound of Baskerville's sheer luck Holmes.
Speaker 4: That's very good, very good.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Dr Watson, Carmageddon, Flukes of Hazard. They got lucky, those boys, they're real lucky at that generally. Conna Air has just got luckier.
Speaker 4: That's like all of them in there.
Speaker 1: Connair's just got luckier. That's why. Nick Kge has got some friends from Ireland. Lepro corn Air four leaf clovers. If you Silva, al right, what have you got? Rio? Goodwill punting o.
Speaker 3: Gold Adam Adam said la stars in Billy Talisman.
Speaker 1: He talisman is very good. Mentioned of talisman for the reference A man named Lotto, man named Loto terrible a diction, I not so lucky.
Speaker 4: Bronze unique York full leaf Cloverfield, Oh.
Speaker 1: Very good Coldfield.
Speaker 4: There's a gold and Saren dippity dippity bang bang.
Speaker 1: Oh genius, you win fairy Girl gold plus.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Time Way Today looking for your lucky movies, best in show Family Pass got a Vellicina's gold cast Go see Springsteen out today delivering me from nowhere? Ri are you ready to Mark?
Speaker 4: Let's get lucky.
Speaker 1: Chris has got Mary popping down the Pokeys. God, that's going to take some beating straight from the get go gold from Chris. Everybody that is outstanding. Mary popping down the Poky See image of it as well, marching down there. You know, excited who framed Rogers Rabbit's foot silver? Yeah, I'm a getting lucky silver Miners. Edward Horseshoe had Joshua. Well done, Legends of the Windfall Silver pass, the Wishbone Collector, Silver, Star is Born into Privilege. That's such a smart one. He didn't put your name on it. But eight five seven, The Fast and the Fortunate Silver Pass, Lady Chatterly's Clover, Lawrence Gold, Children of Lepicorn came in about billion times silver, Charlie and the Stephen Bradbury Gold, John very very good Charlie, Stephen Brawbery called hand Fluke Silver pass, School of Shamrock Silver, The Horseshoe Whisperer Gold, Wizard of Oz Lotto Gold and the Tat's Father instead of the Godfather is so great? Who's best in show?
Speaker 4: I'm going to go A Star is born into Privilege?
Speaker 1: Okay, well done, Congratulations, enjoy the movie. We're back tomorrow.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast